Resetting the toner counter and drum unit on Brother DCP 1512r
Some users of office equipment printing have to deal with the need to solve the problem related to how to reset the brother dcp 1512r printer. It should be said that on the Brother dcp 1512r, the toner and drum counters are reset in the same way as on the all-in-one printer brother dcp 1510r. In this case, you DO NOT need to disconnect or unscrew anything, the main thing is not to forget to refill the toner in the consumable container. Everything can be done completely manually without using all kinds of tools. You don’t even need a screwdriver. To reset the toner counter for this printer model, please read the following steps in strict sequence.
1 sec press the button again and hold
- So, if you decide to reset the counter on the brother dcp 1512r printer, in this case, first enable your all-in-one printer, clicked for this purpose the corresponding button on its panel.
- Next, you should get to the cartridge of this printing office equipment, remove it, and then divide it into two component parts, namely: a block with a photo roll and a block with a dye.
- After completing the previous step, carefully insert the block from the photo roll back into the printer.
- Now you should go to the feed tray of the device, from where you need to pull the paper.
- Insert your hand through this tray, locate the lever or sensor on the left and push it down.
- Keep it pressed and at the same time slowly close the top cover of the printer.
- As soon as you hear the characteristic engine noise of the device, you can release the lever. But literally in a second click on it again.
- You need to keep it until the office equipment warms up and dies down.
- This completes the Brother dcp 1512r toner counter reset.
- Open the printer cover, pull out the unit from the photo tray and collect the consumables of the device. Completed this procedure, insert the cartridge back into the device and make a test print. It should be added that you may not be able to start the printing process the first time. Therefore, if necessary, try the reset again, pausing before releasing the lever for about 1 second after the office equipment engine turns on again.
Watch the Brother dcp 1512r toner counter reset video
Resetting the drum counter
Also, we will reset the printer’s photo counter. To do this, perform the following procedure:
- Click on “Menu”, and scrolled through all the items, select “Device Information”.
- Clicked on it, now select “Reset drum”.
- All you need now is to click on the “OK” button and hold it in this state for about 5 seconds.
- Click on the “Up” arrow, after which the device should show that the photovale resource has returned to 100 percent again.
- Check the performed reset by printing a report: “Menu” = “Device information” = “Custom settings” = “OK” = “Start”.
- On the printed report, you must verify that both toner and drum yields are 100 percent.
This completes the steps to reset the toner counter for the brother dcp 1512r. But in the event that for some reason you failed to do this and the printer writes, replace the toner, then purchase a new cartridge or use the services of any reliable service center.
How to reset Brother printers?
The vast majority of printers and multifunctional devices of the Japanese brand with more than a century of history are equipped with automatic accounting systems. This applies to both the number of pages printed and the amount of ink in the cartridges. However, many users are wondering how to reset a printer or Brother all-in-one printer. Most often, this interest is due to the emerging problems that one has to face after refueling the cartridges. Quite often, peripheral devices “do not see” the updated containers or perceive them as empty, although they have paint.
When to reset to zero?
The essence of most of the problems boils down to the fact that the manufacturer installs more than just a page counter on its printing devices. In this case, we are talking about a kind of lock for the printer and all-in-one printer.
It’s no secret that when the cartridge is fully loaded, the equipment is designed to print a certain number of sheets. Average figures for printers and multifunctional devices are 1000 and 2500 A4 pages, respectively.
As soon as the page counter reaches the mark provided by the manufacturer, the printer or all-in-one printer asks to replace the cartridge and refuses to function.
On the one hand, if the device writes that the toner has run out, then the reservoir needs to be replaced. That is, the manufacturer provides for the purchase of new consumables each time. The situation is similar with inkjet models that require a certain level of ink. As a result, operating costs increase significantly, since cartridges are often very expensive. Based on this, many users prefer to independently restore the functionality of printing devices.
However, the mentioned chip can become source of problems during further operation of the cartridge refill. The latter is either not defined at all, or is perceived by technology as empty. In such situations, in order to start the printer or multifunction device, you will need to knock down the settings and update (reset) the counter of printed pages. In this case, we are talking about the so-called clearing, which boils down to adjusting the settings, allowing the continued operation of equipment.
First of all, it should be noted that many representatives of the lineup of the eminent brand, representing the Land of the Rising Sun on the world office equipment market, have a similar design. However, many of them are equipped with TN-1075 series cartridges.
In this case, the point is that in the overwhelming majority of variants the algorithm of actions when resetting the counters will be the same.
The first option is focused on multifunctional cameras and printers equipped with their own displays. In the second case, we are talking about a universal clearing method that allows you to reset the counter to zero and restart office equipment for further full operation.
The creators of modern printing equipment are constantly expanding the list of additional functions of their devices. It also includes the option to reset the counter on the printer and all-in-one printer Brother.
It is important to consider that we are talking about models with an integrated display. Owners of similar models need to do the following to reset the page and ink counter.
Connect to the network and start the peripheral. It is important to remember that no action will be taken while the message “Please wait” is displayed.
Open (remove) the side cover, then use the “Clear” button.
Clicked “Start”, will start the Corresponding process after the request appears related to the replacement of the cartridge. Wait until the display stops showing “Wait” and press the “Up” and “Down” arrows several times. After “00” appears on the screen, you will need to confirm your actions using the “Ok” button.
After the corresponding inscription appears, replace the side panel. Reload the printing device. After the reboot is made, go to the device menu, through the items of which you can navigate using the arrows mentioned above. At this stage, you need to check the status of the counter. If all of the above manipulations were completed successfully, then this indicator will be equal to 100%.
In practice, the software method of resetting the counter and resetting the settings is as simple as possible and does NOT require significant time costs.
An alternative would be a universal algorithm of actions that is relevant for all peripheral devices, including those that do not have a display.
Manually activate cartridge and reset sensor for page counting and machine lock, suitable for all Brother models.
This fairly simple algorithm involves the following steps.
Connect the equipment to the mains. It is important that you DO NOT connect a printer or all-in-one printer to your PC or laptop. You also need to remove all the paper.
Open the top cover and side panel. Pull the drum out of the housing. You can get it by gently pulling it towards you. Separate cartridge and drum by removing fasteners.
Place the drum piece back in its place. Click on the sensor, which is located on the left side. The unit can be accessed by inserting your hand through the paper feed tray.
While holding the sensor in the clamp position, close the printer cover (all-in-one printer), wait for the mechanisms to start. Release the sensor for a few seconds and clamp it again until the printing device stops working, that is, until the engine stops completely. Insert the previously removed cartridge into the drum unit.
Sometimes, after all the described manipulations, the technician still DOES NOT detect the consumable or considers it empty. In such situations, it is recommended that you remove the cartridge again and check it. After that, it will have to be refueled or changed to a worker in case of failure. All the necessary actions, as a rule, can be performed independently.
It is essential that all operations are performed correctly. If you have the slightest doubt about your own strengths and knowledge, it is strongly recommended to seek help from the specialists of the service center.
How to reset different models?
As already noted, one of the most common cartridges that Brother machines are equipped with is the TN-1075 model. We are talking, in particular, about such samples of office equipment as DCP 1410r and 1512r, as well as HL 1110r and 1112r, MFC 1810r and 1815r.
In this case, the printing unit includes the cartridge itself and the DR-1075 series drum unit.
After installing the Refurbished starter cartridge on the indicated models of equipment, you will need to perform the following steps.
- Empty the paper tray completely. Remove the print module from the device housing.
- Disconnect the cartridge from the drum unit, pressed the blue button on the right.
- Place the drum unit in place. On its left side you can see a hole through which you can access the button to reset the counter of printed pages. It is important to keep in mind that the process of resetting and unlocking the cartridge will be carried out with the cover closed, and you can only get to it through the paper tray. Therefore, it is required to remember exactly its location.
- Press the zero button and close the printer cover. DO NOT worry about the risk of injury to your finger as there are no moving parts in this part of the device.
- Hold checkbox in device startup.
- Release the button for a while and again, press it, hold it until the engine is turned off.
- Wait for the light indication in the form of a blinking green LED, indicating the successful completion of the counter reset. If this does not happen, you should repeat the whole process again.
- Place the cartridge in the drum unit.
The hardware setup algorithm when using a commercially available TN-1075 cartridge includes the following steps.
- Separate the cartridge from the drum unit (drum unit).
- Open the side panel from the side of the gear block of the printing device.
- DO NOT use excessive force to remove the cover. It is important to remember that in case of an error, the gears can get enough sleep.
- Remove the left outer row gear. Find crescent-shaped gears under it and return it all the way.
- Place the removed subassembly in its seat.
- Close the gear block with the cover. It is important to carry out all manipulations with the utmost care and Make sure that the crescent-shaped gears DO NOT shift.
- Screw on the installed cover, after which you will need to return the cartridge to the drum unit.
- Place the Assembled Print Module in the Printer or MFP.
In situations where a factory reset is required in the Brother HL 2130r and 2132r family of laser office equipment, DCP 7055r and 7057r, we are also talking about the software and hardware method. The first option of zeroing can be considered on the example of the Hl-2130R printer.
The software method of resetting the page counter and unlocking is more relevant for the Brother all-in-one printer. So, in the case of the DCP 7055r, the following steps are provided:
- Go to the device menu using the appropriate button;
- Go to the item “General settings” and confirm your actions by clicking “Ok”;
- Select the “Replace toner” command;
- Use the arrows to go to the item “Continue”;
- Click “Clear”.
The user will need to take the following steps.
- Start equipment. After turning on the device, you can hear the characteristic noise.
- As soon as the noise stops, open the cover on the front panel. Turn off the printer.
- Press the “GO” key and hold it down until the technique does NOT start working again. It is important to make sure that there is no indication “Ready”.
- Release the held button.
- Press “GO” twice and then 5 more times in a row.
- Close the front cover.
After all the above manipulations, the “Ready” indicator should glow uniformly. At the final stage, it remains to reboot. As a result, the laser printer will be zeroed and ready for full operation.
If you want to reset the DCP 7057r, you will need to:
- Activate the all-in-one printer and wait for the mechanism to stop making noise;
- Open the front cover of the device;
- Depending on the modification, press the “Cancel”, “Stop” or “Back” button;
- Use the “Start” key;
- Press the “Up” arrow, and then “Down” several times until the screen shows two zeros;
- Press “Ok” and return the cover to its place.
An alternative procedure (using the system menu of the multifunction device) includes the following manipulations.
- Disable all-in-one printer. Press and hold the “Menu” button.
- Turn on the device while continuing to hold the indicated button. Release the “Menu” after the display flashes.
- Wait until the message “Maintenance” appears.
- Find menu item 81 using the arrows and select it by clicking on “Ok”.
- The appeared inscription “Reset Drum Count” by pressing the “Start” button, change to “Reset Life Count”.
- Press “Start” again.
- Use the arrows to select point 96 and confirm your actions.
At the final stage of zeroing, you only need to restart the unit.
How to reset your Brother HL-2130 printer, see the video below.
How to reset the counter on a Brother printer (reset the toner counter)
You will need to reset the counter on your Brother printer if the machine displays a “Toner Low”, “Replace Toner” message, or the red light starts flashing while refilling cartridges. In this case, it is necessary to reset the ink counter, which limits printing.
How is the reset
Zero the Brother printer on HL 1110R, HL 1112R, HL 2132R, DCP 1602R, DCP L2520DWR and MFC L2700DWR models using the hardware keys or manually. Both options, discussed below, are universal, since all of the above models use a TN 1075 cartridge.
On Brother devices, you can reset the toner and drum counter through the settings menu.
How to reset a cartridge
To reset the cartridge:
- Enable all-in-one printer;
- Keep observing the “Please wait” notification in its loss, then open the cover;
- Click on the “Clear” button;
- The message “replace. Drum? “, Press the green Start button;
- The “Please wait” notification appears again. After it disappears, click on the down and / or up key until 00 appears. Finish the process by tapping on “OK”;
- Close the lid when prompted on the display;
- Make sure the number of available prints has been reduced. Click on “Menu” and, Tap on the up / down keys, find the counter designation: it should be marked as 100%.
Resetting the drum unit
This process on Brothher devices is as follows:
- After the message “Replace the drum unit” appears on the display, proceed to the “Menu”;
- Scrolling through the list using the up / down keys, they w /., until the item “Reset. Photob. “;
- Press and hold the “Ok” button for 3-6 seconds until the reset confirmation form appears. Confirm it by tapping on the “” button;
- The counter will be reset. Leave the menu by tapping on “Stop / Exit”.
After completing all actions, it is recommended to restart the all-in-one printer.
Reset on models without display
In printers without a screen, 2 indicators play its role:
- The first one reports on the readiness of the device for operation, and it lights up green;
- The second reports errors. To understand the essence of the problem, you need to Track the number of flashes.
When the error indicator blinks 3 times in succession, this indicates the need to replace or reset the drum. To do this:
- Open the top cover;
- Press the power button 4 times;
- Close the lid;
- Ready light will stay green while the second LED should stop flashing.
Manual reset allows you to reset the counter directly on the drum, which is not always available through the hardware menu. It goes like this:
- Disconnect the printer or multifunction device from the PC, remove the paper;
- Turn on the device;
- Open the top or side cover depending on the model you have;
- Take out the ink cartridge, for which it is enough to pull it towards the open lid;
- You need to separate the device, for which press down the blue flag located on the drum unit;
- Insert the drum back;
- Place your hand, palm up, into the empty paper tray. With your finger, reach for the reset flags located on the left;
- Clamp it, and then lower the lid;
- Wait for the printer motor to start (it starts to hum) and release the flag for 2 seconds, and then press it down again. Keep your finger in this position until the engine stops;
- Open the cover again and put the toner and ink back into the drum unit;
- Try to start printing. If all else fails, try again.
Regardless of the type of printing device, you can reset your Brother printer by manually resetting or using hardware settings. The second option is an order of magnitude easier, but may NOT work if the cartridge or drum is installed incorrectly.
How to reset the counter on a Brother printer
From time to time the Brother laser printer will ask you to reset the counter. This happens especially often when replacing a drum. Thus, most users are trying to find out. how to reset the counter on a Brother printer. Using our instructions, you can solve this problem.
When to reset the counter on your Brother printer?
Most often, the printer requires you to reset the counter after replacing the drum, even if you have installed a new one. Since this replacement part does not have its own chip, unlike most toner cartridges, the machine cannot tell if a new drum has been installed or not.
Brother laser printers have two consumables: ink cartridges and drums. You should note that the counter on your Brother printer must be reset when a new drum is installed instead of a cartridge. If you reset the counter on a Brother printer with a drum, which is still working, then you will need to replace it with a new one, otherwise the printer will no longer be able to determine the number of available pages.
How to reset the drum counter on a Brother printer?
There are several instructions available online on how to reset the counter on your Brother printer. Variety is good. You can try them all until you find a suitable one. But we care about your time, so we will tell you about one method, which is recommended by Brother itself.
Reset counter on all-in-one printer Brother
- Turn on the device.
- Then open the front door that covers the consumables inside the printer.
- With the door still open, locate and press the Clear button. It is usually located below the arrow buttons on the panel. Please note: On some Brother laser printers, the “Clean” or “Back” button may be located at a different location. Most often, this button is red.
- Then there are two options to reset the counter on the Brother printer, depending on the printer control panel. If your printer has a numeric keypad as mentioned above then press 1. But if your Brother printer only has arrow keys then try pressing the up arrow.
- If the process is successful, the printer will display the message “Accepted”.
- Close the front door and restart the printer. The problem is resolved.
Reset counter on Brother HL printer
- Follow the first 2 steps of the instructions above for the Brother all-in-one printer.
- With the printer cover open, hold down the “Go” button (green button next to “Cancel”) for no more than 5 seconds. Wait until the indicator lights stop glowing.
- After you release the “Go” button, the printer initiates the counter reset process. Just wait a couple of minutes for the printer to return to Ready.
- Close the front cover.
Now you know how to reset the counter on your Brother printer. If you still have questions, write in the comments below.
Basic Brother Printer Errors and How to Reset Them
Like any other complex mechanism, a printer or all-in-one printer sometimes fails. Anything can break. a drum, cartridge or other part. Usually, the device writes about the error on the display or using indicators. What do these signs mean? Is it possible to reset errors and return the printer to work?
You can consider the errors that arise using the example of a Brother printer. It often happens that the cartridge is refilled, but the device refuses to work. The toner indicator flashes. What can be done in this case? The procedure depends on the printer model and its design.
A Brother printer ink error reset looks something like this:
1.Turn on the device.
2. Raise the cover. Let him stay in this position.
3.Turn off the device.
4. Press the “Start” button and turn on the printer again. It is worth Paying attention to the indicators. they must be lit.
5. Release the key and press again (twice). Let go for a few seconds.
6. Press the “Start” button 5 times in a row.
7.Close the lid, turn off and on the device.
After THESE manipulations, the toner indicator should NOT light up.
How to fix the situation if the error is issued by an all-in-one printer Brother, for example, model DCP-7057?
1.Lift the cover.
2.Turn the arrow back.
3. Press the “Start” button once.
4. Press the arrow until the display shows 2 zeros.
5.Confirm actions by clicking “Ok”.
6.Lower the cover.
If your Brother printer displays a toner error on the HL-1112R and HL-1110, proceed differently:
Remove the toner cartridge and leave the drum cartridge.
2. Tighten the reset sensor. It is usually located to the left of the Input Tray. You can reach it, completely removed the paper.
3.Lower the cover.
4.Tighten the sensor until the device does NOT start working.
5. Leave the sensor for a couple of seconds and tighten it again. Keep your hand on it until you stop working.
6.Put the cartridge place.
After all THESE actions, the toner error in the Brother printer will be fixed.
Sometimes there is a drum error in the Brother printer. The device writes some characters on the display or turns on the Corresponding indicator. How to fix the situation?
As in the previous case, it all depends on the device model. For example, for FAX2825, HL-1112R and HL-1110, MFC 7420 and the second devices of THESE model series, the algorithm of actions is approximately as follows:
1.Turn off the device.
2. Press the “Menu” button.
3.Turn on your Brother printer. 4 indicators should turn on.
4. Enter a combination of numbers 81.
5. Press the “Start” button.
6.After the display shows a new message, press “Start” again.
7.Exit from the menu Using combination 96 (sometimes 98 or 99).
For the MFC8420 device, you can reset the drum error as follows:
1.Open the front panel.
2. Press the “Clear” button.
3. Press number 1.
If your Brother printer reports a drum error in the DCP 7010R, you should do something like this:
1.Turn off the device.
2. Press “Menu”.
3.Turn on the printer. This will open the menu.
4.Using the arrows, open point 81.
5. Press 2 buttons in turn: “Set”. “Start”. “Start”. This should be accompanied by a beep.
6.Find item 96 in the menu.
7. Press “Set”.
Then you can start working.
Besides the toner and drum error, there are other malfunctions of similar devices. They are different for inkjet and laser printers.
1.CARD ERROR. These are problems with the storage device. If turning off / on does not help, the card should be changed.
2.CARTRIDGE ERROR. You want to remove and reinstall the cartridge.
3.DOWNLOAD FULL, MEMORY FULL or FONT FULL indicate the need to clear the memory of the device itself.
4.NO PAPER XXX can be fixed by put paper in the tray.
Errors with codes 26 to 29 can be cleared by refilling the cartridge with ink or replacing it completely.
40-44. the temperature inside the device has reached too high a mark.
80. paper is too small or too large.
49. the temperature inside the printer has dropped to a critical level.
50-52 and 57. paper jam.
How do I reset my Brother printer errors? The answer depends on the model of the device and the breakdown itself. If you have doubts about the correctness of actions, it is better to contact a specialist.
The printer says “the cartridge is out”: how to fix the error
Modern inkjet cartridges equipped with a chip that controls ink consumption. If it is designed for four hundred pages, as soon as this limit is reached, the Pantum m6500 printer will display a message that ink has run out and the cartridge needs to be replaced. Any user may be faced with a situation where the fill chip needs to be zeroed, since toner consumption is counted by counting pages printed, not actual ink consumption. In fact, there is still enough ink in the device, but the printer displays a message that the cartridge needs to be replaced.
Until the moment of filling the chip and after the procedure, the operation of the cartridge will continue to be blocked, since Pantum m6500 “sees” it empty. It is for this reason that from time to time you can hear the question from users: “Why does a message appear after refilling a cartridge that it is empty?” The answer is simple, you need to zero the chip in order for the device to function normally.
How to zero?
If after refueling the Pantum m6500 printer writes that the cartridge has run out, reset the chip. This can be done in several ways:
- The easiest option is to replace the faulty chip; this procedure is only available in laser devices. Inkjet printers have a built-in chip that cannot be removed and replaced;
- No way to replace? There are special programs for zeroing. However, it is better to entrust this procedure to professionals. For people who do not have the necessary knowledge, universal programmers are suitable, which can be applied to any model;
- Zeroing can be done without the need for software. Just turn off your Pantum m6500 printer, pull out the cartridge and turn on the device. Next, in the service menu, press the “OK” button, and hold it for a few seconds. Then perform the following chain of actions, in turn press “Resert Menu”. “Ok”. “Partial Resert”. “Ok”. After the performed manipulations, the Pantum m6500 printer will turn off. Run it again, select your language and country. Next, the device will offer detailed instructions for further actions. They need to be followed with 100% accuracy. After that, the ink level should be full and the machine will start working properly.
Pantum m6500 printer
How to turn off ink control
This function is only available in Canon devices, other manufacturers have NOT equipped their devices with the ability to deactivate ink control.
When one of the cartridges runs out of ink, a warning message appears on the screen. You can stop printing (stop / reset) or continue (ok). Depending on which option you choose, the document will be printed or the operation will be canceled.
After another ink cartridge runs out of ink, an alert will appear again prompting you to replace it. If your printer has a built-in cartridge, hold down the Stop / Reset button for thirty seconds. This will deactivate the ink monitoring function.
This action will NOT affect the operation of the Pantum m6500 printer in any way, the print quality will NOT deteriorate. For devices with several ink tanks, this action is carried out separately for each.
You can “opt out” of automatic ink control directly on the computer. Through the control panel go to the “Printers” section, Click on the icon of the required device and select “Properties”. A window will appear, select the “Maintenance” category in it, then “Printer Status Information”. “Options”.
Toner in the printer
Uncheck the box next to the line “Display warning automatically”. System Disconnect, and you will have to check the remaining ink yourself, periodically looking under the cover of the Pantum m6500 printer. Be aware that printing too many pages with an empty cartridge may damage the print head.
Of course, replacing the cartridge is not the most difficult procedure, but the chance of damaging the chip or device is high, so it is better to entrust the chip zeroing to professionals.
Resetting the toner and drum counter on the Brother hl 1110r printer
If you are faced with the need to solve a problem related to how to reset the counter of the Brother hl 1110r printer, you should not immediately call the master or go to the nearest service center. In fact, any beginner can cope with this matter. The main thing is to strictly adhere to the instructions and DO NOT do sloppy actions, which can lead to complication of the current task.
1 sec press the button again and hold
Detailed instructions for zeroing
First, it should be said that resetting the brother hl 1110 counter is needed in the case when office equipment, having printed a certain number of pages and thus, having reached a certain limit, stops its work. Refilling the starter consumable with brother toner alone will not be enough in this case. Unlike purchased cartridges, they have a so-called. Reset flags. In this case, do the following:
- First of all, you should remove the paper and carefully open the cover of the device.
- Now carefully remove the drum cartridge from the inside of the device along with the toner cartridge.
- In the next step, Remove the toner cartridge from the drum cartridge (use the button located on the consumable itself). Then insert the first item into the printer. Those. You must return only the housing base to the printer.
- Pay attention to the left side. there you should notice a button that is specifically designed to reset the cartridge counter.
- To use this button, first try to extend your hand using the hole in the paper tray. As soon as you manage to do this, hold down this button with your finger.
All in all, as you can see, resetting the toner counter for the brother hl 1110r is not that difficult and time consuming. After the performed actions, which were described above, the following two options are possible:
- If all the actions were performed correctly, the printing device will not “peep” and no error will be displayed on its display. In this case, you can safely pull the cartridge base out of the device, insert the toner, and then send the newly collected consumables back to the printer. Can use your brother for next refill.
It should be added that beginners in this business may need not one or two attempts to achieve success, but three or four or even more. So be sure to be patient.
Watch the video about zeroing Brother 1110
Resetting the drum counter
If the error indication (!) Is flashing on your brother hl 1110r printer, then most likely the problem is in the drum counter. For zeroing Perform the following manipulations:
- Turn on the device.
- Open the top cover and remove the cartridges.
- Now put them back in the machine and DO NOT close the cover.
- Press the power button four times.
- Close the lid.
Reset Toner Counter for Brother Printer
Almost all printers and all-in-one printers from Brother are equipped with a special built-in mechanism that keeps track of printed pages and blocks the ink supply when it is supposed to end. Sometimes users who have refilled a cartridge are faced with a problem in which the toner was not detected or a notification appears asking to replace it. In this case, you must reset the ink counter to continue printing. Today we’ll show you how to do it yourself.
How to reset the toner counter for your Brother printer
The following instructions will work best for most Brother printing machines as they are all similar in design and quite often equipped with TN-1075 cartridge. We’ll look at two ways. The first is suitable for users of all-in-one printer and printers with a built-in screen, and the second is universal.
Soft toner reset
Developers create additional maintenance functions for their equipment. Among them is a paint dump tool. It runs only through the built-in display, so it is NOT suitable for all users. If you are the lucky owner of a device with a screen, follow these steps:
- Turn on the all-in-one and wait for it to be ready to go. When the “Wait” message is displayed, you don’t need to press anything.
Next, open the side cover and click on the “Clear” button.
On the screen you will see a question about replacing the drum, to start the process, click on “Start”.
Close the side cover if the corresponding message appears on the screen.
Now you can go to the menu, move around it using the arrows to get acquainted with the state of the counter at the moment. If the operation was successful, its value will be 100%.
As you can see, zeroing paint through a software component is not difficult. However, not everyone has a built-in screen, and this method is not always effective. Therefore, we recommend that you pay attention to the second option.
The Brother cartridge has a reset sensor. It needs to be activated manually, then the update will be successful. To do this, you need to independently remove the components and perform other actions. The whole procedure looks like this:
- Turn on the printer, but do not connect to the computer. Be sure to remove the paper if installed.
- Open the top or side cover to access the cartridge. Do this action taking into account the design features of your model.
Remove the cartridge from the equipment by pulling it toward you.
Disconnect the cartridge and drum unit. This process is intuitive, you just need to remove the latches.
Insert the drum part back into the device as it was previously installed.
The zero sensor will be located on the left side inside the printer. You need to advance your hand through the paper feed tray and press this sensor with your finger.
Hold it and close the lid. Expect the start of the work of the apparatus mechanisms. Then release the sensor for a second and press again. Hold until engine stops.
If, after a two-way reset, you still receive a notification that no toner was found or ink has run out, we recommend checking the cartridge. Refuel if necessary. You can do this at home, using the instructions attached to the device, or contact the service center for help.
We have covered two available methods to reset the toner counter on Brother printers and all-in-one printer. It should be borne in mind that some models have a non-standard design and use cartridges of the second format. In this case, the best solution would be to use the services of service centers, since physical intervention in the components can provoke device malfunctions.