7 best ink cartridges for printers
A good printer cartridge should provide high quality prints until the end of its life. And we, ordinary users, want it to be inexpensive, or at least to be refilled. This is the only way to reduce the cost of the page and the cost of office equipment. We have collected in one article the 7 best ink cartridges for MFPs and printers that meet all these requirements.
HP CF217A. Standalone Toner Cartridge with JetIntelligence
New Hewlett-Packard laser printers use a unique spherical toner technology, where every particle is protected from destruction by a dense shell.
In addition, the manufacturer divided their cartridges into two complementary parts. a compartment with pigments and a drum unit with an imaging drum, which greatly SIMplified their recovery.
- Low melting and baking temperature of toner, which helps to reduce energy consumption for printing.
- Economical pigment consumption.
- Maximum clarity of images (within the set resolution).
- Built-in sensors that track not only the amount of toner remaining, but also the wear of the second components of the cartridge.
- Compatible with 4 HP LaserJet Pro models.
- The chip does NOT block the operation of the device after refueling.
- Small resource. 1600 pages.
- Works only with genuine fusible toner, which is expensive.
- The printer, disconnected from the network, “bites” the cartridge, because of which it will have to be removed with a screwdriver.
Samsung CLT-404S. set of original color cartridges
The Samsung Xpress series of four cartridges for color printers and MFPs does not have a special capacity. 1500 pages for a laser device is not much.
Taking into account the fact that this figure can be multiplied by 4, it turns out that a set is quite durable, focused on color printing in a small office or at home.
- DOES NOT smudge images or leave gaps on paper.
- Rich printing thanks to the densely applied ink layer.
- Conditionally refillable cartridges, and toner can be poured both under the plug and through the gap under the dispenser blade (the latter is especially important due to the tightly soldered plastic plug).
- Versatility. cassettes fit all Xpress printers and MFPs.
- Can be refilled with compatible toners if the cost of the original is too expensive.
- When refueling, you will have to change the chip at the same time, and it is better to entrust this work to specialists.
Brother TN-3512 emky black ink cartridge
This model is suitable for Brother HL and MFC series laser printers and MFPs, is marketed as a high-capacity cartridge and has a yield of 12,000 pages.
As in other cassettes of this company, here the drum and toner compartment are divided into two SEPARATE blocks, which is why the whole structure turned out to be rather cumbersome, but SIMpler and easier to maintain.
- Maintains high print speed even under heavy load.
- Multiple refueling capability.
- Good print quality with genuine toner.
- Compatible with 12 office Brother printers.
- Not little.
Laser Printer Cartridges
Cactus CB435A (S). Compatible Model for HP LaserJet
A budget cartridge from the “people’s” brand Cactus allows you to reduce the cost of branded office equipment Hewlett-Packard.
The Chinese company produces cheaper consumables, although the quality of the finished prints does NOT lag behind the originals. It is our monochrome model that has the same 1,500 page yield as the HP CB435A, and is NOT satisfactory.
- Fully compatible with LaserJet P1005 and P1006 printers.
- Print quality is almost indistinguishable from branded cartridges. especially when working with text documents.
- The imaging drum can withstand several refueling (unlike the originals, which strip after the third restoration).
- Very low, that is, the cost of printing is 30-35 kopecks per page.
- Sometimes after installation it starts to smear, but after a couple of dozen pages the problem goes away.
Cartridge cb435a for which printers
All tests conducted with Starter Cartridge CB436A in new HP LaserJet P1505n Printer.
When printing a page with a solid black fill with all the toners tested below, except for the original, the following effect is observed. at the beginning of the page (parallel to the leading edge). a strip of fill is denser than on the rest of the sheet. The width of the strip is equal to the circumference of the magnetic shaft. This is a typical situation when toner fluidity is lower than required. This effect also causes text to be printed more densely than solid fills.
A solid page was printed to check the fusing quality. Insufficient fusing was displayed if the toner on this page was smeared with a finger (moderate pressure). Insufficient curing is easy to spot by checking the curing only on the printer’s built-in test page.
Below are the results of selecting compatible toner for the original drum (tests on 500 pages with 4.88% toner coverage):
Resume. Very faint solid print; the density of the text print can be called with a stretch to be called acceptable, respectively, very low toner consumption; if toner is filled more than 83 g, then there is a possibility of overflow of the waste; due to insufficient fastening over time, the stove will probably get dirty.
Resume. faint solid print; the density of the text print can be called with a stretch to be called acceptable, respectively, very low toner consumption; if toner is filled more than 59 g, then there is a possibility of overflow of the waste; the stove must NOT be dirty.
Summary. Not perfect, but is the best toner tested; the text density is slightly lower than the original, but will satisfy most users; solid fill print density is satisfactory; low toner consumption; if toner is filled in more than 91 g, then there is a possibility of overflowing the waste; the stove must NOT be dirty
All tests conducted with Starter Cartridge CB435A in new HP LaserJet P1006 Printer.
The CB435A cartridge differs from the CB436A cartridge in the position and shape of the plastic “keys” on the body. In addition to the fact that these “keys” do not allow installing one cartridge instead of the second, they are a support for the drum section in the printer. The left “key”, when installing the cartridge, additionally activates the mechanism for bringing the connector block to the chip. of these keys leads to the fact that the drum section “dangles” in the printer and the contact block is not supplied to the chip. The contact block of the chip has a mechanical connection with the microswitches in the printer, therefore, without its supply to the chip, the printer does not work. Conclusion. by SIMple ways to install one cartridge instead of the second or make a “universal” cartridge will work.
|“Keys” of cartridges. Left CB435A cartridge, CB436A case.|
Summary. the text density is slightly lower than the original, but will satisfy most users; solid fill print density is satisfactory; low toner consumption; if you fill more than 54 g of toner, then there is a possibility of overfilling the waste; the stove must NOT be dirty.
Summary. Not perfect, but is the best toner tested; the text density is slightly lower than the original, but will satisfy most users; solid fill print density is satisfactory; low toner consumption; if toner is filled more than 58 g, then there is a possibility of overflow of the waste; the stove must NOT be dirty.
Practical recommendations for those who will select toner for CB435A and CB436A cartridges on their own, and not Having the opportunity and time for long experiments: