How to connect wireless headphones to a Samsung TV
Modern TV is used not only for watching your favorite programs or evening series. Today this device is widely used for many needs. And various gadgets connected to them help to significantly expand the already impressive functionality of new generation TVs. Today we are going to show you how to connect wireless headphones to your Samsung TV using various ports and wireless technologies.
Connecting with a TV set-top box
TV set-top boxes allow you to connect gadgets via Bluetooth. This feature is available on all transmitters running on operating systems from various manufacturers.
To start synchronization, launch the headset in pairing mode. Further, the procedure may differ on set-top boxes with different platforms.
- On Android TV, you need to open the “Menu” folders in sequence, then “Settings” and “Bluetooth”.
- If you have an Apple TV, open “Settings”, look for the section “Remote devices”, then the folder “Audio and video”.
- If you have an Amazon TV or Stick, open the “Settings” folder, find the item “Bluetooth devices”, then “Other Bluetooth devices”. After that, the algorithm is the same: in the list we find an accessory and establish a connection.
Types of headphones connected to Samsung TV
The days of standard 3.5mm outputs are gradually coming to an end. Models appear with various options for connecting to one or another device. Let’s consider each of them.
On TVs from the Samsung H series, the list of active connections has been moved from the regular menu to the engineering one. To connect gadgets, you need to do the following:
If you have any questions. let us know Ask a question
- turn off the receiver and press in turn the info, menu, mute and power keys. This will launch the service menu. it will appear on the left side of the TV screen.
- In the menu, select the “Options” section.
- Go to the service menu and find the line “BT_audio_ON_OFF”. Move the slider opposite to the active state.
- Exit the engineering menu, then close the service menu, and restart the TV receiver to update the information;
- after restarting, reopen Sound Options and select Speaker Options. The screen will display a list of all devices connected via Bluetooth.
The most commercially successful type of wireless accessory is Bluetooth headphones. They are connected using a built-in or externally connected module, are not susceptible to any interference and allow you to listen to music at a distance of up to 15 meters from the main gadget.
The device connected via WI-FI has a wide range of operation. Thanks to the features of wireless technology, you can connect several accessories of this type to one TV at once. However, they have a significant drawback: the ability to intercept the signal by other access points, especially if there are several routers at home.
The first type of wireless device is a wireless headphone. This connection method produces loud and high quality sound. But accessories of this type differ in their susceptibility to interference. Any electronic device operating within 100 meters of the connected radio module can interrupt the signal and interfere with the clarity of the sound.
The J, JU and JS series TV screens were released in 2015 and are equipped with an internal Bluetooth transmitter and Smart option. You can connect headphones to them in the following way:
- Turn on the gadget and activate the detection mode in the manner indicated in the instructions for them. When properly connected, the indicator on the device will turn blue or red (depending on the model).
- On the TV, open the options and find the “Sound” section.
- Expand Speaker Settings, then Headphone List. The system will start searching for active, ready-to-connect devices. If they do not appear in the list, move it closer to the TV and press the refresh button.
- Find your headphones in the list and click the sync button. If the system requires a password, enter the standard code “0000” or “1234”. After a while, the connection will be established, sound will appear in the headphones. To return the audio signal to the speakers, you need to deactivate the headset.
In the future, when you turn on the headphones, the connection will occur automatically until you decide to remove the headset from the list of paired devices.
An external Bluetooth adapter is a transmitter that can be installed on the audio output of any TV series and turn it into a full-fledged device for wireless signal reception. It works by plugging into a standard 3.5mm Jack. Another name for the device is transmitter, and the principle of its operation is quite simple:
- when connected to the audio output, the plug receives a signal from it;
- when you turn on the Bluetooth headphones, the transmitter establishes pairing with them;
- the transmitter processes the sound, converting it into a signal available for transmission via Bluetooth.
Which to choose?
You can choose headphones for your Samsung TV using a simple algorithm.
Wireless and wired headphones are also quite different in terms of design. The simplest are plug-in, inserts or “drops” that allow you to go about your business without leaving the TV. Overheads are more convenient for thoughtful viewing of programs and films. Such models have the form of an arc with flat round or oval overlays on the sides.
The highest quality in terms of sound and isolation from external noise. covering, they completely cover the ear.
When choosing headphones for watching terrestrial television, cable channels or high-definition movies, you need to pay attention to characteristics that directly affect their usability and sound quality. Let’s list them.
- Length of cable. In a wired connection, it plays a decisive role. The best option would be for 6-7 m, which allows you not to limit the user in choosing a seat. The best cables have a removable design, elastic strong braid.
- The type of wireless connection. If you decide to buy wireless headphones, you should pay attention to models with a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signal. They have a large enough radius for free movement around the room, high resistance to interference. Infrared or RF wireless headphones are not compatible with Samsung TV.
- Construction type. The best solution for television viewing will be completely closed or semi-closed options. They will allow you to provide surround sound, while preventing interference in the form of external noise. Among wired headphones, it is worth choosing those that have a one-sided type of design.
- Power. It must be selected taking into account the capabilities of the sound signal supplied by the TV. The maximum indicators are usually indicated in the technical documentation.
- Headphone sensitivity. The choice of the maximum volume level available for adjustment depends on it. The higher this indicator, the more intense the sound effects will be transmitted.
Sensitive headphones help you immerse yourself in what is happening on the screen when watching a blockbuster or while playing.
How to connect wireless headphones?
There are many ways to connect wireless headphones. Among the most popular options are the use of Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Each of the methods deserves special attention.
Via built-in bluetooth
This is a fairly simple solution that works on most Samsung Smart TV series. You need to act like this:
- charge the headphones and turn them on;
- enter the TV menu;
- select the item “Sound”, then “Speaker setting” and start the search for headphones;
- select the desired Bluetooth device from the list, establish pairing with it.
Only 1 headphone can be connected in this way. When viewing in pairs, the second set will have to be connected via a wire. In series H, J, K, M and later, you can connect headphones through the engineering menu. To do this, you first have to manually activate Bluetooth on the TV. This cannot be done in the menu.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Samsung TV
Wired connection methods are also quite varied. The socket where you can connect the cable should be found on the back panel. it is marked with an icon representing the headphones. The input is standard, 3.5 mm in diameter. To make the headphones work, you just need to insert their plug into the jack.
It is worth with Honor that when using wired headphones, you may be faced with the need to constantly connect and disconnect the wire. If the TV is standing close to a wall or suspended on a bracket, this will be extremely inconvenient, and sometimes even completely out of the question. The problem is solved by purchasing a special digital-to-analog converter. It will allow you to transfer the sound from the built-in TV speakers to external speakers or headphones. The converter has 2 outputs for connecting audio accessories. To activate its work, it will be enough to select the output to an external receiver in the Samsung menu.
Samsung TV headphones: choice and connection
Questions about where the headphone jack for a Samsung TV is located, and how to connect a wireless accessory to a Smart TV from this manufacturer, often arise among owners of modern technology. With the help of this useful device, you can easily enjoy the loudest and clearest sound when watching a movie, immerse yourself in 3D reality without disturbing others.
To make the right choice, just explore the best wireless with Bluetooth and wired models, as well as the available ways to connect.
Wireless and wired headphones are on the market in a very wide range. But they have to be matched to Samsung TVs in a practical way. there is no official list of supported devices. Consider models and brands that can be recommended for joint use.
- Sennheiser RS. The German company offers fully covering ear accessories with high clarity performance. The 110, 130, 165, 170, 175 and 180 models can be wirelessly connected with Samsung. The brand’s products have a high price tag, but these headphones are well worth it. Among the obvious advantages are long battery retention, ergonomic design, precise assembly and reliable components.
- JBL E55BT. These are quality wireless earbuds. The model has a stylish design, weighs 230 g, provides a comfortable fit even after prolonged use. The presented headphones have 4 color options, they are able to work autonomously for 20 hours without loss of sound quality. Possibility of cable connection to a sound source, ear pads are foldable.
- Sony MDR-ZX330 BT. A company from Japan produces pretty good compact speakers. The comfortable shape of the ear pads does not put pressure on your head while listening to music or watching movies, the holder is adjustable to fit your head. The disadvantages of a particular model include only an inconvenient scheme for pairing the device with a TV. Battery life up to 30 hours of continuous use with Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT. Headphones with smooth, high quality and clear sound. This is a good solution for watching TV without being tied to wires. In addition to standard modules, this model has NFC for wireless connection with speakers and AptX. a high-definition codec. The earbuds also support cable connectivity, and the built-in battery lasts for 25 hours.
- Philips SHP2500. Wired headphones from an affordable price range. The cable length is 6 m, the headphones have a closed type of construction, and a good build quality can be noted.
The sound is not as clear as in the flagship models of competitors, but it is enough for home use.
This method only works if the TV has an appropriate wireless module. Among the advantages of this choice is the ability to connect several headphones at once while watching one movie. Both devices for broadcasting the signal must be connected to the same common network. The connection quality and reception range will be good in this case. But headphones of this type are much more expensive, and they are not compatible with all TV models.
The connection principle is the same as for other wireless devices. It is necessary to activate the gadget through the “Speaker Settings” menu item. After starting auto search, the headphones and the TV will detect each other, synchronizing the work. A sign that everything went well will be the appearance of sound in the headphones.
Russification and flashing of European Samsung LG TVs in Minsk, TV flashing unlocking setting Geoblock activation and removal region change Smart Hub TV Smart TV Samsung LG specialist. Departure at home in Minsk.
TV LG: price from 35 BYN
You bought and became the owner of a TV Samsung Samsung LG LV European, Polish, Slovak or Hungarian assembly in Minsk, brought from Europe, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Spain, the Baltic States and in it there is no Russian language. Or there is. But for some reason there are problems with Smart-TV. We connected the TV to the Internet, and after a while the Smart-Hub (Smart TV) stopped working or stopped working via WI-FI or via an Internet cable. Or it seems that there are no problems with Smart-TV, but it is impossible to register a Samsung account. Or (as practice shows) the telly sees files and folders from the USB drive, but does not read anything. This suggests that the manufacturer is already putting a lock on your wonderful device (blocks the use of various applications and files).
If you buy a Samsung or LG TV in Europe (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia), then with a high probability you will have to face the need to unlock the TV and adjust it to the regional parameters of Belarus and Russia.
Well, you have a regular Samsung remote control, and you can use the sequential and sequential pressing of certain buttons or keys on the remote to enter the service menu. Perhaps you will have a question: “Why should I, an ordinary user, go to the service menu? It’s very dangerous, you can even kill the TV tightly”.
And here it is difficult to disagree. Indeed, unless absolutely necessary, it is categorically not worth “rummaging” through the settings of the engineering menu. If you break the wood without a clue, then maybe the service center will not take it later. Rather, it will take. you will pay for the Russian TV fee and for its replacement.
We will help you correctly install the Russian menu and remove the geoblock to unblock Smart-TV, (it used to be a Smart-hub) on the European Samsung TV, change the region on Samsung TV so that you enjoy BOTH WORLD AND DOMESTIC applications. and registered in the manufacturer’s account without any problems. I. without errors. Any series and model of Samsung TV: UE and QE series :. H, HU, J, JU, JS, K, KU, KS, M, MU, N, NU, Q, QF, FN, FAM, DN, RU, TU, LS, Q7, Q8, Q9, Q60R, Q70R, Q80R, Q90R, Q900 series. Any year of manufacture: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Any model and diagonal (32 ’43’, 49 ‘, 50’, 55 ‘, 60’, 65 ‘, 75’, 82 ‘, 85 ‘) TV Samsung (Samsung): 5102, 5172, 5142, 6172, 6102, 6142, 6152, 7092, 7102, 7142, 7152, 7172, 7302, 7372, 7442, 7452, 7462, 7472, 7672, 8002, 8009, 8042, 8052, 8072, 8502, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, Q60, Q70, Q80, Q90, Q900.
Any LG TV model (LG LV): UH. UJ. UK. K. SK. SM, UM. LM. 6200.6300.6400.6450.7100.7500.8100.8500.9500. OLED. B8. C8. C9, CX
And a little more information for users of Samsung and LG TVs with Smart TVs older than the model range up to 2013 inclusive. You should consider and keep in mind the simple fact that your TV model currently has relatively little RAM. It’s like taking an old smartphone of the same year and installing some modern application on it, for example, Viber. We all know perfectly well what will happen with this smartphone. So, the same will happen with your old TV set. It will “hang, throw or slow down”. What to do? There is an exit. And this exit. external IPTV. set-top box or media player. But do not forget: the more RAM this console has, the absolutely no worse. At the same time, the issue with your old TV set will be resolved, and there will be no need to buy a new TV set. Media players are also available on our website and presented HERE.
Wired connection (LAN)
There are 3 ways to wired your TV to your local network:
If your home network is dynamic, you need to use some kind of xDSL modem or router.
If the connecting device supports DHCP, the values of the IP address, gateway, subnet mask and DNS servers will be set automatically.
If the network uses a static IP address, it and other connection parameters must be entered manually.
In this case, you can also use xDSL modems with DHCP support.
Setting to not supported on networks with access speeds below 10 Mbps.
If you cannot find the values for the network connection settings, or if you need to manually configure the settings, select “Manual”.