Signs of defective Wi-Fi on iPhone
If your device has a poor view of the wireless network or the Wi-Fi connection does not work completely, you will face a number of inconveniences.
The main signs that the iPhone is poorly picking up Wi-Fi are as follows:
- a smartphone at a long distance began to catch the network poorly
- the gadget only catches the network at a short distance
- the device does not catch the network (the antenna does not see the network)
- internet works intermittently
If you find one of the listed symptoms while the device is working, you can try to fix the problem yourself.
The most common causes of a weak Wi-Fi signal
Apple equipment is rightfully considered to be of very high quality, however, even new iPhones can fail. It is far from a rare type of malfunction that the Internet is working slowly or the smartphone has become poorly caught.
The reasons why the iPhone has become worse in catching the network or does not see it at all can be quite varied:
- incorrect router configuration
- faulty Wi-Fi module
- software malfunction
To determine the problem, check your wireless network settings and try to reboot your device.
iPhone does not catch WI-FI well
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
The fact that the iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi well is faced by many users. Often, the solutions to the problem are quite simple, you can eliminate the cause of the weak signal yourself. The main thing is to pay attention to the situation in a timely manner and determine the type of malfunction, as well as a way to eliminate it.
Before attempting to troubleshoot the problem, check your network settings and back up your data by connecting to mobile internet.
If you’ve decided to fix problems with a weak Wi-Fi signal on your iPhone or a complete lack of access to a wireless network on your own, try the following steps in sequence:
- check the settings of the router (access point at home)
- reboot the router
- hard reset your iPhone
- select the settings for the wireless connection to your access point
- turn on the wifi module and connect to the network
- do a factory reset
- disable location services for the wireless network
- install the latest iPhone firmware
If the software update does not help, the smartphone has become worse to see the network far away or does not catch the network even at a short distance from the Wi-Fi antenna at home, the function of searching for wireless networks does not work, try rolling back the operating system to the previous firmware version.
When it becomes clear that the device does not catch the wireless network well due to the breakdown of internal elements (for example, a Wi-Fi module), it is necessary to replace the spare part. If you cannot restore the device to its proper working capacity on your own, entrust the maintenance of your smartphone to experienced specialists.
Apple Professional Service
On the YouDo site, you can easily find a certified iPhone service technician. A qualified specialist will go to the specified address at a convenient time for you. The wizard will thoroughly diagnose the device, check if the network settings are correct and restore Wi-Fi to work.
It is beneficial to use the services of Yudu contractors to service Apple equipment for many reasons:
- masters install only high-quality spare parts and original software
- repair work is carried out using special equipment, which the specialist brings with him
- iPhone repair will be performed in your presence, so you can be sure of the safety of your personal information
- experienced specialists maintain Apple equipment at a high professional level and provide a long-term warranty for all types of work performed
A qualified technician will quickly find out why the iPhone is poorly catching Wi-Fi, and in a short time will eliminate the malfunction.
Reasons for poor Internet performance on iPhone
We set up the Internet using the iPhone itself. To do this, it is necessary that a SIM card is installed in the iPhone, otherwise it will not work to connect the gadget to the grid. We insert the SIM-ku. Following actions:
- Go to Settings.
- Choosing Cellular.
- Find the item Cellular Data.
- Switch the slider to active mode to turn on the Internet.
Next, we check if the Internet is working. We go into any application or browser where you need to connect to the grid.
A little advice: choose a tariff with an unlimited Internet connection, as this is the best option so that you do not receive huge bills, because mobile traffic is not cheap. If you are an active internet user, then this is the best choice.
What if there is no network connection? You need to check the following:
- Is the SIM card working, see if there are antenna divisions.
- Check balance. If your internet connection is not unlimited, you may simply not have enough funds to connect.
- Check cellular data settings (Usually they are set automatically. As soon as the SIM card is activated, the settings are sent in the form of SMS and saved to the iPhone)
If for some reason your cellular data settings have not been saved or lost, then we configure them manually, for this you need to:
- Find out the necessary data from the operator via SMS or by phone (These services are free).
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select Cellular.
- Next, go to the Cellular data network.
- Enter the data transmitted by the operator.
If possible, if the operator supports LTE (4g) connection, enter the data in the LTE fields. We enter all the data in the appropriate fields. If you are going to use your iPhone as a modem for your computer, then enter the settings for Modem Mode. How to make a modem out of your iPhone and distribute Wi-Fi from it, read another article.
How to turn off internet on iPhone
If you chose the first reception, then you should also go to the settings and switch the slider of the cellular data settings to inactive mode. If this was the second or third way to connect via Wi-Fi, then just turn off Wi-Fi. Starting with iOS 7, slide your finger upward across the entire screen. A menu will open where you can click on the Wi-Fi icon so that it is off. Keep in mind that as long as the Internet connection is working, the battery will be consumed much faster.
We hope that thanks to this article, anyone can set up an Internet with incredible ease. After that, you can plunge into the world wide web with your head. Also watch the video:
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Setting up Internet connection on iPhone
We all use the Internet. Over the past ten years, people have become so accustomed to the World Wide Web that they cannot live without it. After all, even the iPhone can be fully used only if there is a network connection. Social networks, useful games, news and videos. for all this, you often need an Internet connection.
But, having taken a brand new iPhone out of the box, the owner of the apple device will be upset. After all, by default, the Internet is not connected on the iPhone. Or in another situation: the network does not work due to a firmware update or some other failure in the system. In this article, we will analyze how to set up Internet on iPhone.
How do you connect your device to the Internet? There are 3 main methods. The first method is to connect the device using a SIM card, mobile Internet 2g, 3, 4g (LTE). The second is via a Wi-Fi router. The third, and last, connection of the iPhone to the grid via a stationary computer or laptop with a built-in Wi-Fi module. All these methods are different, but they have the same essence, connect your apple smartphone to the kingdom of endless possibilities.
Problems connecting to mobile internet on iPhone
To use this method, you need a stationary computer or laptop with a built-in Wi-Fi module or a Wi-Fi adapter. Before starting, check if the wifi module is working to avoid network outage problems.
- On the computer, go to the Start menu, look for the Control Panel. Choosing the Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, go to the Wireless Network Management menu.
- Click Add.
- Choosing the connection Computer. Computer.
- Enter the desired name for your grid, create a password.
- Click next, and it is IMPORTANT not to press the share button, just click Close.
- We go to Network connections and select a network with our name.
- Next, put both checkboxes.
- Now, at the first connection via Wi-Fi, we select from the connection types Home.
All that remains is to turn on Wi-Fi on your iPhone and connect. Everything works fine now.
This method allows you to connect your iPhone to the World Wide Web via Wi-Fi using a router.
- Go to Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Move the slider.
- After a few seconds, iPhone finds available Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Select your network, click on it.
- Enter the password, click Connect.
If after that the connection does not work, then check the Internet on the computer. Alternatively, your ISP or the router itself may be to blame (perhaps you just need to turn it on).
Doesn‘t load Instagram
Usually problems of this nature arise after the release of an update. These manipulations are handled by the developers of Instagram. After the operation, bugs will appear. You can eliminate them yourself today in some cases. The main thing is to act according to the instructions.
When it comes to troubleshooting, there are many tips and tricks for action right now. But they directly depend on the reason. It is worthwhile to first study it and perform the proposed actions.
Having on hand the phone of this OS, it is worth trying to reinstall the program. Developers tend to release ill-conceived updates. A person cannot use software normally.
If the problem manifests itself as an individual one, they will take action. In any case, you can’t stay without instagram. The exceptions are situations when you have an old model of the device on hand.
There are many factors when Instagram does not load. Among the main ones are:
- The problem is in the functional and technical work of the software and OS;
- Using an outdated version of the program;
- Lack of required updates involved by the OS;
- Disagreement between software and resource.
The listed errors and problems are eliminated through the settings via Wi-Fi. Checking the box next to the system update will help avoid problems.
Contacts not loading
If, after launching the social network, the user’s Instagram contacts, comments of stories or under videos are not loaded, it is worth doing the following operations:
If the insta does not load, you should wait a bit. Problems arise quite often. The developers are ready for this. All errors are removed promptly.
Profile does not load
Most of the problems are related to logging into your account. The user should follow these steps:
- The entered password and login are checked;
- If personal data is forgotten, you need to carry out an operation to change information;
- If a hack is detected, you will have to register a new page via mail or number.
The access code to the page is restored according to the instructions. The operation is performed through the number associated with the account. If it became clear that the account on the phone was hacked, little will help. You will have to register a new page, having lost your publications or photos.
Comments are not loaded
An error of such a plan is manifested through the fault of the functioning of the latest version. To get rid of the poor performance of the utility, you need to uninstall the software. Download the new version. If the manipulation does not give the desired result, it is important to be patient. Wait for the correction of errors after the appearance of a new model. Bugs are quickly eliminated after a week.
What to do if Instagram does not load?
In case of such a problem, you need to act in the described ways. The main thing is to first establish the cause of the failure. Problems can be diagnosed by a PC check. If the computer works well, you will have to take action that is appropriate for the cause that caused them. Here are examples of how to properly act when a failure occurs.
On iPhone or iPad (reboot, “forget network”, reset network settings, flashing)
Naturally, the first step is to take a full range of measures to eliminate a possible error in the iOS settings, moving through the list from the simplest to the most complex:
Turn Wi-Fi off and on in Control Center, restart your device.
In case the iPhone or iPad does not connect to the Wi-Fi network correctly, try to “forget” the network. To do this, open the Settings application, go to the Wi-Fi section and click on the “i” icon next to the signal strength icon.
If this does not help, reset the network settings. To do this, go to the path: Settings → General → Reset and click on Reset network settings.
In some cases, you can use the Software Restore procedure. How the Software Update differs from the Software Restore, as well as how this process is performed, we described in detail in this material.
Wi-Fi not working on iPhone or iPad: possible solutions
Among all the problems faced by the owners of mobile gadgets, poor performance or complete lack of Wi-Fi connection is one of the most common. Usually the fault is due to incorrect user settings of one of the devices (router or smartphone), but sometimes it is not possible to resolve this situation without intervention at the hardware level.
Below we will consider the most effective methods of Wi-Fi treatment in terms of the ratio of the total number of attempts to successful ones. That is, it is these methods that most often help users solve the problem with this type of wireless connection.
Eliminate external causes (interference, covers)
First of all, you should make sure that there is no interference with the signal. If there is no microwave oven between the router and the smartphone, in which there are several working radiotelephones, then it should pass unhindered. Most often, the problem lies in covers and bumpers, which were made by shortsighted craftsmen from metal materials. removing such an accessory can remove the issue of unstable Wi-Fi connection.
Table of materials with different levels of emitted interference:
Poorly catching or not working Wi-Fi on iPhone or iPad, what to do?
On a router (router)
Reboot your router. No matter how trite it may sound, restarting the router in some cases really helps to improve the operation of the wireless network on iOS.
Change the encryption method (this is often the reason iOS devices don’t want to connect to Wi-Fi).
Reset your router (router) to factory settings.
However, if you have an old iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 with a broken screen and a non-working Home button, then you can risk his health and do one of the methods of temperature exposure that have been tested by thousands of users. Namely. heat the smartphone with a hairdryer to a critical temperature and then restart, or vice versa. freeze the iPhone in the refrigerator (and this is not a joke).
Sometimes this has a positive, but temporary effect and confirms the presence of hardware problems.
Contact the service center
If the iPhone still refuses to connect to the Internet, then with a high degree of probability there is mechanical damage or a factory defect of the corresponding module. Such a problem should not be eliminated on your own at home and it is better to contact a service center.
The easiest, logical and fastest way to eliminate most temporary glitches during device operation is to reboot (turn off and on). It is enough just to hold down the “Power” button and hold it for several seconds until the “Turn off” slider appears and turn off the device. If the device “freezes”, then you need to hold down the Power and Home buttons for 10-15 seconds to force shutdown.
Usually, after turning it on, everything works fine and you just need to click on the Wi-Fi connection icon again.
Reset network settings
Do not forget that a general reset of all settings leads to the deletion of important information. IP address, data on DNS servers, user logins and passwords, etc. Therefore, it would be quite logical to carry out only “Reset network settings”, this item is located along the path: Settings. Basic. Reset. Reset network settings.
Now that the network settings, among which there could be erroneous data, have been reset, in theory everything should work as normal. We connect to Wi-Fi and check, and if the problems continue, go to the next step of the instruction.
Backing up and restoring data
Not all ordinary users understand the meaning of this function, many are even annoyed by the need to spend time and effort copying data. However, this technique was invented for a reason and in some cases it is a real “magic wand” in solving complex problems. Usually, the iCloud cloud service is used to store backups, but for a situation with a non-working Wi-Fi, it is worth putting another copy in iTunes in advance.
Having two backups is preferable to one. following the standard instructions, create one on iCloud and one on iTunes. Now, if something happens to the Wi-Fi settings, network connections or other system data, it is enough to simply restore the data from the saved array. The process is simple, but it takes some time, depending on the amount of information that is sent to the cloud and back.
Wi-Fi not working on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch? First aid
Usually, iPhone owners (with no signs of damage) have no complaints about cellular communication or Wi-Fi, but sometimes annoying incidents do occur. The problem manifests itself in different ways: in the form of a connection icon that has suddenly become gray and inactive, routing failures, incredibly slow data transfer speed.
Still not resolving your Wi-Fi issue? Reboot the router
Sometimes the source of glitches is not a smartphone, but a Wi-Fi router, a third-party device with its own firmware, which also has bugs. You can try to solve the problem by simply rebooting it, by turning off / on the power. If a connection is established, but the data transfer rate is suspiciously low, it makes sense to tinker with the settings of the DNS servers. True, this is a malfunction of the network equipment, and not of a smartphone or tablet, so the system administrator should deal with its correction.
If other devices connect to the Wi-Fi router without problems, and a specific iPhone or iPad is still junk, it’s time, unfortunately, to contact the service center.
In other cases, the problem with not working Wi-Fi appears after an iOS update. The situation concerns just new products. For example, Wi-Fi may not work on an iPhone 7 or 8, or even a brand new X or XR. This is called a “beta firmware issue” and is fixed as follows:
- You will have to use iTunes again.
- We go to the same menu “Settings”.
- Here, in addition to “Update”, we find the “Restore” option.
- We choose it.
It is advisable to make a backup copy of all data available on the phone. contacts, photos, videos. In theory, everything you need is stored on iCloud, but additional protection is never superfluous.
Restoring your phone can also help if Bluetooth (Bluetooth) is not working on iPhone 7. This function is now rarely used for its original purpose. to transfer files. But Apple used it to connect to wireless headphones. Therefore, if branded Airpods have stopped connecting, you may also have to restore the phone through iTunes options.
“Symptoms” of the problem
Let’s start with how we can determine that we have problems with Wi-Fi. The main symptoms of the problem are:
- The smartphone does not connect to available points, despite the fact that other gadgets are catching the network as expected;
- The Wi-Fi icon is inactive (grayed out);
- You know for sure that there are connections available, but your iPhone cannot see them;
- The network periodically “falls off”.
Wi-Fi not working on iPhone: does not turn on or disappears
Internet access is a basic function of any smartphone. Most of the functionality, from the ability to use the browser to updates, depends on the availability of a network connection. The easiest way to connect is a home or public router.
If you have problems with the connection, you can almost always find out yourself why Wi-Fi may not work on your iPhone. Sometimes you need to change the settings. In other cases, you cannot do without reinstalling the system or even hardware repair.
Wireless problems are almost always software glitches. They arise from “bugs” and “bugs”. Especially if the phone is no longer new, iOS was updated several times “over the air”, and besides, the owner of the gadget takes part in beta testing of new versions of the operating system.
The reason why Wi-Fi does not work or disappears on the iPhone can be considered more serious if none of the methods helped. Or if the connection icon itself remains “gray” and is inaccessible, regardless of the presence of a router. They indicate a breakdown of the module. that is, a hardware malfunction, which will have to be repaired by opening and reinstalling spare parts.
Similar malfunctions may occur on iPad or iPod.
Before taking the device to the service center, make sure:
- That the router itself works. Sometimes the problem is in it, then all the “home” gadgets refuse to connect. If a non-Apple computer or laptop also does not work, this is a router firmware failure.
- That the phone is not a Jailbrake. Many “illegal” iPhones start to behave unpredictably from time to time.
- That a test has been carried out for possible software problems.
A Wi-Fi module on any device rarely breaks “by itself”. Remember if you dropped the device, did not get water. A positive answer to this question most likely indicates a malfunction with contacts or a completely burned out part.
Causes of the problem and solutions
If you like videos, then watch the following video:
Here’s an overview of the easiest ways to fix Wi-Fi problems on iPhones.
Another reason when Wi-Fi goes down is due to the operating system. It is relevant for devices that are outdated and no longer supported by Apple’s official policy. When Wi-Fi is not working on iPhone 4s, 5s will most likely have to manually try reconfiguring the operating system.
Although the “old” models no longer receive updates, you can do the following:
- Connect your phone to a computer on which the current version of iTunes was previously installed.
- In the “Browse” menu you need to find the “Update” button.
- It is pressed when the smartphone is connected via a cable. The system will automatically check for the availability of suitable firmware for a specific model and try to install them.
The method is effective, but if the version is older than 4s, for example, if Wi-Fi does not work on the iPhone 4, then it will not be possible to use it. The manufacturer has completely refused to “help” the owners of outdated devices. “Buy our new products”. suggest Apple.
Before proceeding with more complex manipulations, it is advisable to simply reset the network settings. This applies, first of all, to constantly used connections to the router. home, work, in your favorite cafe.
If Wi-Fi does not work on the iPhone 6 (the problem is typical for this model), then you should always start with the following manipulations:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- We select the sub-item “Basic”.
- Find the option “Reset network settings”.
At the same time, the Wi-Fi connection is lost, but it is restored after a while.
Sometimes such a measure is enough to restore the stability of the network. The phone simply updates all the settings on its own, getting rid of the accumulated errors. The Wi-Fi problem on the iPhone 6 causes inconvenience to many phone owners, but it is also easy to “cure” it without requiring additional intervention or manipulation.
Options for the daredevils
There are a couple more ways to “revive” non-working Wi-Fi. They should hardly be called scientifically sound, so you can use them only at your own peril and risk. These methods take as a basis the problem of breaking contacts, and solve the problem using extreme temperatures as follows:
- take a phone;
- put it in the refrigerator
- hold for 15 minutes;
Remember that the technique is fraught with the formation of moisture condensation on the contacts!
- we take a hairdryer;
- we bring it to the iPhone;
- warm up with hot air for ten to fifteen minutes;
- also reboot.
What’s happening? “Home” imitation of soldering. Sometimes it really helps if the contact on the Wi-Fi module has moved away. But there is also a great chance that the phone will deteriorate completely. As a rule, the technique of a refrigerator or hair dryer does not “last” for a long time, but there will be enough time to wait for a complete repair.
Watch a video about extreme solution methods here:
Our team in no way encourages the use of these methods! They just exist, and we are obliged to tell about them.!
If you have questions, or want to discuss this article, please write in the comments! And I say goodbye. Be kind!
What to do if Wi-Fi does not turn on due to software glitch
It happens that Wi-Fi freezes and functions poorly due to system errors. A software failure after updating the operating system is often the cause. However, there are other software reasons due to which Wi-Fi does not work very quickly or does not turn on at all.
If iPhone stops functioning properly, Wi-Fi isn’t working properly or won’t turn on at all, a button won’t turn on, an icon is grayed out, or you see other signs of a problem, try the following:
- reboot the router
- if restarting the router did not help, make a forced “reboot” of the mobile device
- If Wi-Fi is not working or freezes, please update your operating system
- install antivirus, the iPhone may be infected
- try to connect mobile internet
If the steps you performed did not help, and the Wi-Fi in the Apple mobile phone did not work, the problem is most likely in the hardware. The reasons for such breakdowns are quite diverse, ranging from the breakage of contacts with the motherboard and the failure of the power button loop, and ending with the breakdown of the module.
Signs of Wi-Fi Failure
It’s easy enough to understand that there are problems with Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi is not functioning very quickly, the problem may not be with the smartphone, but with the router. Therefore, first check if the router settings are correct.
The following symptoms indicate a Wi-Fi problem:
- the device does not catch the network
- smartphone does not connect to hotspot
- Wi-Fi icon is gray
- Wi-Fi freezes after a short period of time
- the button of the mobile Internet, Wi-Fi connection does not turn on
- Internet is not working well (low speed)
- lost network settings
Of course, Apple equipment undergoes rigorous production testing, but some users notice that even the new iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi. Fixing a software glitch is much easier than fixing a hardware problem with Wi-Fi not working on an iPhone. In any case, the troubleshooting method depends on the type and complexity of the breakdown.
What to do if Wi-Fi does not turn on due to hardware failure
The hardware failure is not related to OS firmware or malware. This problem is quite unpleasant. Improperly performed repairs can affect not only Wi-Fi performance, but also other functions of the iPhone.
On the Internet, you can find the following methods for self-recovery of the Wi-Fi hardware:
- Warm up the switched on iPhone with a hairdryer at the maximum power level. if a warning about an extremely high temperature level appears on the smartphone screen, immediately stop heating and reboot the device
- if Wi-Fi still doesn‘t work, try putting iPhone in the refrigerator for no more than 15 minutes, then restart your smartphone
These methods are quite simple, but they are not always suitable, so if you are not sure of the correctness of the actions, it is better not to do anything until you disassemble the device.
WI-FI does not work on iPhone
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
If Wi-Fi is not working on your iPhone, do not rush to take your device to a service center. First, try to fix the problem yourself. As soon as there is a problem with the wireless network connection, reboot the device and reset the settings. There are also other ways to fix the problem with Wi-Fi, which depend on the reason for the problem.
How to repair a gadget after disassembling it
If smartphone functions work poorly or did not recover at all, disassemble the device using special tools and try to determine what the problem is.
To disassemble Apple smartphones, two screwdrivers are usually enough (a regular Phillips screwdriver and a specialized one for smartphones). Having prepared the tools, follow these steps in stages:
- unscrew the fasteners and remove the front cover of the iPhone
- find the Wi-Fi module (1 by 1 cm square, covered with a thin film)
- gently peel off the protective cover using tweezers
- slowly, at an angle of 90 degrees, start heating the module with a hairdryer, gently directing hot air to the board
- evenly drive the hairdryer around the perimeter of the Wi-Fi module
- after heating the board, press it to the contacts, fix the square with a small piece of cardboard
- wait for the components to cool completely and turn on the iPhone
After such actions, usually Wi-Fi begins to function stably, but there were situations in which smartphone owners discovered additional malfunctions.
Such a nuisance can happen with any iPhone model, therefore, if Wi-Fi does not work, and you do not know what exactly the problem is (in a software failure, in a module, power and volume buttons, or other hardware elements), you doubt the successful completion of an independent repair, use the services of qualified specialists.
The main causes of the malfunction
If you surf the Internet a lot, the quality of the wireless network reception is very important. Therefore, when Wi-Fi stops working on the iPhone (does not catch the network, freezes or works with poor speed), it can become a very frustrating problem. You can try to restore the device yourself or use the help of experienced specialists.
There are reasons why Wi-Fi may stop working on iPhone:
- hardware failure
- software glitch
- accidental factory reset
- mechanical damage to the device
- ingress of moisture inside the smartphone
Software failure and flashed network settings can be easily fixed by yourself.
Professional recovery for iPhone with wireless networks
Using the Yuda website, you can quickly find an iPhone service provider near you. An experienced technician will immediately arrive at the specified address to diagnose the device, determine the cause of the malfunction and repair the Wi-Fi.
It is profitable to order the services of certified specialists registered on the Yudu website for many reasons:
- no time wasted on a trip to the service center
- works are performed in your presence
- only high-quality components and spare parts are used for iPhone repair
- the master brings with him all the necessary equipment and tools
- the specialist provides a guarantee for the work performed
If Wi-Fi does not work on the iPhone, you should not risk expensive equipment, order repairs from trusted masters on the YouDo website.
Crash after unlocking iPhone
Software failures occur for a variety of reasons, ranging from virus attacks to interference with the operating system. To check the version, go to the “Airplane mode”, activate it and turn it off after a few seconds. This approach will eliminate network problems.
SIM card replacement
To eliminate errors, you can remove the card from the smartphone and after a while return it to the slot. After the procedure, you need to check the performance of the Network.
The second option is to replace the old SIM card with a new one at the nearest branch of the provider. Some users in this way solved the problems with the regular lack of Internet access.
Why does the Internet load slowly?
Slow Internet downloads are often associated with:
- using a proxy or VPN with a low speed;
- with insufficient smartphone performance.
To resolve the issue, you need to abandon the use of a proxy or VPN, the advantage of the procedure is a sharp increase in work online. If the gadget lacks performance, then you can clean the memory and do other manipulations to help optimize the system.
Reboot the device, reset to factory settings
To return the smartphone to its original state, you can use the Recovery mode:
- On the device, hold down the power button until the shutdown slider appears on the display.
- Then they hold down the “Home” button and simultaneously connect the personal computer and the gadget.
- A shortcut to the iTunes application will appear on the screen, after which you can release “Home”.
- In “iTunes” start resetting the smartphone through the recovery process.
Important! Only after the process is complete, you can disconnect the wires and restart the smartphone.
To carry out a forced reboot, just press the buttons “Sleep” and “Home”. After the company logo appears on the general background, the buttons are released, the device automatically reboots.
Problems on the side of the mobile operator
If all the settings are correct, but the iPhone stubbornly does not go online, then the source of the malfunction is checked in several ways:
- enable / disable flight mode;
- by going from the main menu to the “Operator” section and deactivating the toggle switch “automatically”;
- additional recheck of the entered settings.
How To Fix No Service and WiFi on iPhone After Updating
These actions are best performed sequentially.
For your information! In the absence of the Internet, you can go to the official website of the provider and make sure that he does not carry out maintenance work.
Checking 3G and 4G parameters
Why is 3G not working on iPhone? Before the setup procedure, you need to make sure that the account has a positive balance. After verification, you need to go through several steps:
- Go to the network parameters and click on the subsection “Data transmission”.
- Check the activity of the 3G or 4G function, and enter the password, username in the APN columns (they are provided by the operator).
Note! In some cases, the problem of inoperability is solved by resetting the settings and re-entering the information. If the update did not give the expected result, you need to look for another reason for the failure.
Checking the parameters of the Wi-Fi network and the operation of the router
If there is no access through the router, you must reboot it. Sometimes the problem with inoperability is associated with incorrectly entered router parameters. It is debugged using the following algorithm:
- After connecting the provider’s cable to the WAN port, press the power button and wait for the device to boot.
- The port 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 is written into the address bar and pressed on “Enter”, after which the password and login are entered. In most cases, these are “1234” and “Admin”. They are changed in your personal account, otherwise an unauthorized person (when the access point is hacked) will be able to control the router.
- Information for the router is requested from the provider (they are different for each gadget model), it is entered and saved. Then they change the login and password for the personal account.
After the end of the process, an attempt is made to connect to Wi-Fi via the iPhone, having previously activated the corresponding functionality in it.
Note! If there were no problems with the router before, then experts advise to find the power-on icon and move it to the left to turn it off. After a few minutes, the operation is carried out in the reverse order.
If the smartphone is planned to be used as a modem for other devices (personal computer, another smartphone or laptop), then you need to debug the access point:
- In the menu, click on the “Cellular” subsection and go to the “Data transmission” item.
- In the block “Modem mode” enter information on APN, which is provided by the provider.
- Save all information and reboot the device.
To enable the functionality, just go to the main menu and activate the toggle switch located next to the “Modem mode” item. In the future, when you connect another device to an access point, they turn on Wi-Fi, look for its name and click on the “Connect” section.
In some cases, restarting the iPhone helps if the Wi-Fi connection is still not established. Just reboot it and re-enable the wireless connection. As a rule, there could be software glitches or iOS just hung up, although this is extremely rare.
What to do if iPhone won’t connect to Wi-Fi
Wireless networks allow us to connect to the Internet, having at our disposal only a smartphone and the nearest access point at a distance of 50-100 meters, when it comes to Wi-Fi, and this is convenient both at home and in a public place. But sometimes problems can arise with a wireless connection, and even on Apple devices this is no exception, so if you cannot connect to Wi-Fi from your iPhone, we recommend reading this material to the end. We have compiled here a list of the most common reasons that can affect signal quality, access point availability, settings.
Rough restart iPhone
If “Airplane mode” and a simple reboot did not help you, Wi-Fi also does not work properly, but you are sure that the module is working correctly and is not broken, we recommend that you try to perform a rough reboot of your smartphone. You can read about this in detail in our separate article.
You do not have to restart your smartphone, but simply turn on “Airplane mode” to deactivate all network connections on your smartphone. Then turn off this mode and reactivate Wi-Fi. In 90% of cases, this helps if the problem was minor and iOS just glitched.
Even if you are sure that the password was specified correctly, the access point is configured correctly, the equipment is stable, you should try to reconnect to Wi-Fi. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the “Settings” of your device and click on the Wi-Fi tab;
- Find in the list the network to which you cannot connect and click on the question icon next to it;
- In the next window, click the “Forget this network” tab and try to reconnect to it.
Remember if you recently updated your iOS version? It is possible that the problem is precisely because of the “buggy” update of the operating system, although this happens very rarely. If the problem is widespread, developers from Apple will quickly resolve it and release an additional update. Also, similar problems can arise in the case of self-flashing iPhone, for example, during Jailbreak. Here you will have to roll back the version or reflash on a new one.