The first solution that comes to mind when any crashes occur is to reboot. In most cases, software errors are temporary, and after a full reboot, everything returns to correct operation. How to do:
- on models 4s, 5s, SE, 6, 7, 8, X, press the “Home” and “Top / Side buttons” at the same time;
- wait for the slider to appear on the screen and drag it down.
In models where a large button is not provided, which is responsible for going to the main menu and unlocking, only the “Side button” is used.
dr.fone toolkit. iOS Data Recovery
Recover lost or deleted contacts, messages, photos, notes, etc. from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Try updating your iOS device again
The error can also occur through an outdated firmware version. There are several ways to update your device:
- download from the official website, in this case, you should monitor the stability of the Internet;
- manually, via USB cable and the latest version
A common reason for unsuccessful installation of updates is the use of a non-original cord.
“The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (4013) “.
Have you ever received this message? Well, since you are reading this here, I will assume that you have, which is why you want to know more about it. Well, to put it simply, this is a common error in iOS devices called iPhone Error 4013. As this error usually occurs when trying to restore iPhone using iTunes, also nicknamed iTunes Error 4013.
So if you want to know more about iPhone error 4013 or how to fix iPhone error 4013, then read on.
Device recovery through DFU mode
If the iPhone is not restored via iTunes “error 4013”, a fallback option will come to the rescue. DFU mode implies a complete rollback of the device, as well as the deletion of all existing information. How to start:
- we connect the phone to the PC;
- run the pre-updated iTunes program;
- turn off the smartphone, but leave it connected to the program;
- remove all tasks by swiping to the right;
- hold down the “Power” key for a couple of seconds, then without releasing the button. “Home”;
- release only “Power” and wait for the DFU mode window to appear;
- in the program on the PC, select the option “Restore smartphone”;
- we start the process and, after completion, restore the information from the backup that was saved on iTunes.
Using a different PC
Internal resources also wear out, which leads to incorrect operation.
If the problem persists, although the OS and the program are new, you should try updating the device on another PC.
Software solution to error 21
We are trying to restore the iphone in DFU Mode:
- Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable (original);
- Press the Power button (in the upper right corner) and hold it for 3 seconds;
- Without releasing the top Power button, press the HOME button (which is at the bottom center) for 10 seconds;
- Without releasing the HOME button, release the upper Power button while continuing to HOLD the HOME button for 10 seconds;
- Launch iTunes. The program will detect the iPhone in recovery mode;
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on Restore (Mac users should press AltRestore);
- Open the previously downloaded firmware file with the extension “.ipsw”. ITunes will take over the further work, wait until the end of the process.
If you can’t clear the hosts file. Open the file C: WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) with notepad and place a # sign in front of all lines containing “gs.Apple.com” and 127.0.0.1 localhost, or delete them. Save. Close. Flash again.
You can also use the following programs to enter the device in the DFU Mode Pwnage Tool, sn0wbreeze or redsn0w.
ITunes Error Classifier
Errors in iTunes can be divided into four classes: network errors, security settings issues, USB connection issues, and hardware issues.
General information about error 3194 in iTunes
This error occurs in a variety of cases, for the most part it is associated with the operation of the software, but this is not always the case.
Error 3194 in iTunes occurs when:
If an error occurs while restoring the device, you will see a warning on your computer screen in iTunes: “Failed to restore iPhone (iPad). An unknown error has occurred (3194) “.
If it appeared during the update, the message will be similar: “Failed to update iPhone (iPad). An unknown error has occurred (3194) “.
How to fix error 3194 yourself
If an unknown error 3194 occurred due to software problems, you can fix it yourself without leaving your home.
How to Fix iOS 14 iPhone Could Not be Restored. An Unknown Error Occurred (9, 10, 11, 4013)
How to fix error 21 when restoring iphone 4s
Hello everyone, we decided to investigate error 21 when restoring iphone 4s. In this article we will tell you about the causes of the error and how to solve it.
Symptoms do not turn on, and when the cable is connected to a PC or to the network, it shows an apple and after 3 seconds the lace and aytyuns icon, if the cable is disconnected, it immediately displays a black screen.
Checking the hosts file
The question arises: how are entries containing “gs.Apple.com” added to the hosts file without user intervention??
If you have run the TinyUmbrella utility at least once, which allows you to download digital signatures (SHSH hash) of the iPhone and iPad for the current iOS from the Apple server, the program makes changes to the hosts automatically, without your knowledge. All subsequent requests from iTunes after the modification of the file are not sent to the Apple update server, and therefore no responses are sent.
First of all, check the contents of the hosts file if it contains a line or lines of the form: “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx gs.Apple.com” before this line (s) add the ignore symbol “#”, or completely remove it / them. For this:
- Start “Computer” and follow the path:
Find the hosts file (has no extension) and open it with the simplest text editor “Notepad”, or any other.
iPhone Error 10 Solution !!
Mac computers running OS X (Apple solution):
- In the Finder, choose Applications. Utilities “.
- Start “Terminal”.
- Enter the command:
Enter the password used to log into your computer, then press Enter. When entering a password in the “Terminal”, the text will not be displayed. Be sure to use a non-empty admin password.
The “Terminal” will display the contents of the hosts file. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the entry containing the address “gs.Apple.com”.
At the beginning of the line, add a # and a space (#).
After completing the above steps, try to restore again, this method helps to fix the error in 70% of cases.