Highly dangerous calls
Also, I think everyone has heard about this kind of fraud as the “investigator’s call” when they tell you “your son made an accident where a person died. If you want to resolve the issue. transfer money “
I tell all this to the fact that calls from unfamiliar numbers are often distracting, annoying, and sometimes lead to extremely unpleasant consequences. If you are a modern sane person, you can easily distinguish a normal call from a “divorce”. However, children or elderly family members who have personal mobile phones are best protected from such contacts. Even if it is better for calls from subscribers who are not in contacts, their devices simply “silently drop” the call.
If there are no such settings in the phone (Samsung Galaxy, bare Android)
If you have a Samsung Galaxy or Google Pixel / Nexus, then you don’t have the same out-of-the-box feature as Xiaomi or Huawei. Therefore, you have two options:
- Use a third party call manager. However, here it should be remembered that high-quality applications are often paid.
- Use do not disturb mode built into Android. In this case, the phone will be able, if not to block (drop) such calls, then at least not to give a call signal and not distract you about an incomprehensible call from an unfamiliar number.
Block voice calls in messengers on Android
The first thing to say about voice calls in messengers on Android. this is that they are not affected in any way by the presence of a number in the blacklist, nor by the activated blocking mode of all subscribers who are not included in contacts.
Those. if you have blocked some number on the phone (in the dialer), then this does not mean at all that the same person will not be able to call you by voice communication via WhatsApp, Viber or any other application.
The most popular applications in Russia. Votsape and Viber. do not have the ability to block calls from people who are not included in the contact list. Here you can only block a single number, i.e. ban a specific user.
If strangers call you on Whatsapp or Viber, then in Android you will have to block every unfamiliar number in every application.
To block an unfamiliar number in WhatsApp on Android, we do this:
- Go to the “Calls” tab;
- select the subscriber you want to ban.
You need to touch the left side of the entry where the name or phone number is displayed, but not on the handset!
- tap on the “menu” icon (three dots);
- select “Block”;
- on the next screen, confirm your intentions by clicking “Block” again:
And here’s how to block individual users in the Viber Android app:
- go to the “Calls” section;
- select the user from whom you do not want to receive Viber calls;
- click three dots in the corner of the screen;
- click “Block”:
You can also click on the missed call and in the Chats section and select Block. Do it the way it is easier for you.
- Open Settings scroll to the Applications section select System applications Call settings Antispam Call blocking.
- Activate 2 functions: Block calls from strangers and Block calls from hidden numbers:
Now you can only get through to those people whose numbers are entered in Contacts. The rest of the calls will be blocked.
Confusion in function names
And once again we want to emphasize what we wrote about at the beginning of the article: in phones with the Android operating system, there is a confusion in the names of functions. The fact is that both in the Russian interface language and when switching the smartphone to English, the names “Blocking unknown subscribers”, “Unknown numbers” or “Unknown” are misleading (which is translated into Russian in exactly the same way).
The user may think that when the function of barring calls from “Unknown” numbers is turned on, the phone will block calls from people who are not recorded in the phone and are not known to you personally. However, in reality, this option means something else. blocking calls from subscribers with a hidden number (when instead of 7 (123) 4567890 it says “Unknown”, “Number is hidden”, “Unknown” or “Private number” on the screen). There is a separate instruction about this, the link to which we gave at the very beginning of this article.
In particular, in the One UI shell on modern Samsung Galaxy phones there is an option “Block unknown subscribers”, which in fact only blocks hidden numbers. Although on many older models of smartphones from this manufacturer, even with the TouchWiz shell, it was written more correctly: “Blocking anonymous”.
Setting Samsung Galaxy Do Not Disturb to Only Ring When Calling from a Contact in the Phone Book
- Turn on Do Not Disturb mode. To do this, just click on the corresponding tile in the curtain: If suddenly it is not there, go to Settings Sounds and vibration Do not disturb and turn on the mode.
- Now you need to configure it. To do this, either long press on the tile in the curtain, or go to the mode settings, as described in the previous paragraph. Install:
- Calls from = Contacts only.
- Message from = Contacts only.
Another way using the example of Redmi Note 8 with MIUI 11.
- Start the dialer (Phone / Contacts application):
- Make sure you are currently on the Calls tab and click the menu icon at the bottom left of the screen:
- Here select the Antispam item:
- First, activate the Enable antispam option:
- After that, go to the Call Blocking subsection:
- Here you need to enable the Block calls from hidden numbers option:
Done! Now all anonymous calls from prohibited numbers will be automatically rejected!
By the way, in Xiaomi phones, you can also turn off notifications about blocked calls and messages in the antispam settings at the bottom of the screen:
How to block unknown callers on Samsung Galaxy S20, S10, S9, S8, Note 20, Note 10
On the example of Android 8.0.0 with the Samsung Experience 9.0 shell, but in Android 9 with OneUI, the steps are similar:
- Start the dialer (Phone app):
- Click on the three dots in the upper right and select Settings:
- Select Block numbers:
- Activate the Block function. unknown subscribers:
Done! Hidden, private and other undefined numbers will no longer be called to you!
How to block calls from unknown (hidden) numbers
Android smartphones have a very convenient function. barring calls from hidden numbers. As far as I can see, few of the users know about its existence.
Therefore, today we will talk about this in detail and you will learn how to block calls from anonymous subscribers. Please note, if you want to block calls from unknown numbers (which are not hidden, but simply not recorded in your phone contacts), read another article.
If you don’t want to read the explanations, you can quickly jump to the instructions you need using the links below.
How to block calls from hidden numbers in bare Android (Google Pixel, Nexus)
Android 10 has finally added the feature to block non-identifiable numbers in the Phone app from Google. To activate it, follow these steps:
- Launch the Phone app.
- Click the menu (three dots in the upper right) and select Settings.
- Go to the Blocked numbers section:
- And enable the Unknown numbers function (Block calls from unidentified numbers):
Using the example of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 running MIUI 10.0.4.0:
- Go to Settings Section Applications System applications Call settings: (Second method: launch the Phone application, go to the Calls tab, open the dialer, click on the “sandwich” icon in the lower left corner to open the menu)
- Select Antispam (Xiaomi calls it this correct word):
- Activate the option Enable antispam.
- Now go to the Call Blocking subsection:
- Here enable the Block Calls from Hidden Numbers feature:
Also, you can block SMS messages from all senders who are not included in your contact list. To do this, in the antispam settings, select the Block messages item, and in the SMS from strangers item, select Block:
How to block hidden numbers on Huawei smartphones with EMUI 9 and 10
In newer versions of the Huawei shell, the Contacts application has been redesigned. Therefore, here is a new sequence of actions for blocking hidden numbers:
- Launch the Contacts application (aka Phone, in short, the icon with a green tube):
- In the upper right corner, click on the “Menu” icon (three dots).
- Select Blocked from the list:
- Now click on Call Blocking Rules:
- And activate the function Block hidden / anonymous numbers:
Now no one will be able to reach you from a hidden number. By the way, if you want to turn off notifications about filtered calls, on this screen you need to click on the gear icon:
then, go to the item Receive notifications:
This is useful for those who prefer not even to know how many times anonymous subscribers tried to call him from hidden numbers.
Pure Android (Bright Quick, Google Pixel / Nexus, LG, etc.). Black and white lists
If you do not have a device from Samsung, Xiaomi or Huawei, most likely it does not have built-in functions for blocking calls. But you can turn off all unwanted things using the “Do not disturb” function on “pure” Android (besides, there is a way to install a special application, about it in the next section of the article).
1) first go to the “Settings” section and open the “Sounds and notifications / Alert modes” section.
Sounds and notifications. alert modes
2) After we transfer the notification mode to “Only important notifications” and indicate that only your “contacts” apply to them. How it looks is shown in the example below.
In newer versions of Android (8.0 / 9.0), this menu may look slightly different. It is necessary to open the “Sounds” section of the settings and turn on the “Do not disturb” mode (moreover, put “Contacts” among the priority calls. Example below).
3) In addition, there are black and white lists in the Android settings. Their compilation can be somewhat tedious, but nevertheless, the method is quite workable in some cases.
To use it: go to the dialing menu (just click on ✆), then you need to click on three points and go to “Settings”.
- or “Black List”. everyone who is listed in it will not be able to get through to you;
- or “Permitted numbers”. everyone who is not on this list will not be able to disturb you.
Black list and allowed numbers (white list)
Universal version (using special applications)
If using the built-in functions (presented above) you did not manage to solve the problem, you can resort to special. applications. Their arsenal of functions is much richer than simple blocking. I will give a couple of them below.
Block SMS and calls from unknown numbers
The “Blacklist” application is designed to quickly and easily block any unwanted calls and SMS (both from unknown numbers and your created lists).
I note that calls are blocked quietly and without any notifications on the phone screen (i.e. you can not be distracted and calmly work at the device at this time).
Also, one cannot fail to note the presence of filters that allow you to block all calls from numbers starting with certain numbers (sometimes this is also necessary).
Do not call me. call blocker
Blocking all suspicious numbers
This application is distinguished primarily by the fact that in its arsenal there is a database of “bad” numbers (including it is formed by other users when they rate (however, you can do this too)). Thanks to this kind of “social protection”, all bad numbers very quickly get into the stop list, and you are protected from them.
With regard to locks, an application can:
- block all unknown and hidden calls;
- block outgoing calls to paid and foreign numbers;
- block work with numbers that have a low rating from other users;
- use and operate on your own blacklists.
Important: the application does not block numbers on your contact list.
Another very famous Chinese brand. Their software also has a similar option, however, it is set somewhat differently:
- first you need to open “Settings” and open the “Applications” section;
- then go to the subsection “System applications / Call settings / Antispam settings / Call blocking”. See screenshot below;
- then activate the block from unknown and hidden numbers (example below).
Block calls from strangers (Xiaomi)
Using the service of a mobile operator
Most mobile operators have in the personal account there is a special. services to help limit “annoying” numbers. For example, Megafon has Blacklist and Super-Caller ID services.
For a small fee per month, you can activate such “things” and significantly relieve your fishing line.
This method (in my opinion) is more relevant for those devices on which you cannot install third-party applications.
I’ll start with Samsung. one of the leaders in the mobile gadgets market (if I may say so.). over, their modern smartphones (after 2019 release) already have a built-in function in their software.
How to use it: first you need to open the phone book (see example below ).
Then click on the “three points” in the corner and open the call settings.
In the section “Blocking numbers” there is a special. option to restrict unknown and hidden numbers. it must be switched to on mode.
How to block calls from unknown and hidden numbers on Android
Lately, it’s just some kind of epidemic of voice spam: they constantly call with an offer to take a credit card, connect to another Internet provider, some polls, and sometimes just silence in the phone.
Samsung Galaxy How to Block Unwanted, Spam, Scam and Unknown Callers
To be honest, it’s a mystery to me why it is still not forbidden to do this (at least to all large companies), or such dealers are not blocked at the operator level. Although, “If the stars are lit, then somebody needs it.”.
In general, one of the solutions to this problem can be setting up the phone in special. mode: it will drop all calls from unknown numbers. that is, those that are not in your address book (that are not entered in contacts).
All the necessary settings can be set quite quickly: everything will take about 2-3 minutes to complete. Actually, in this article I will give several ways how you can do all this.
How To Block Unknown Numbers In Samsung (Android 10)
For Huawei (Honor)
One of the most popular devices on our market (along with Samsung). Their software already has built-in functions for solving such a task (which is good news ).
- first you need to open the call log (just click on the “tube” icon);
- then select the icon with “three dots” in the top menu and go to the “Blocked” menu;
- then go to the section “Call blocking rules”.
In this section, you can enable blocking of all unknown and hidden numbers. After that, all calls from numbers that are not in your phone book will be dropped (they will receive a line busy signal).
Thus, these calls and you will not be distracted, and no one will occupy the line.
Blocking with third-party applications
A free application called “Black List” is distributed on the Internet. Install it on your smartphone. The call history will be saved, but the signals will stop coming. Here are some of the benefits of this software:
- export of the list of blocked contacts;
- restriction of unknown numbers;
- blocking SMS;
- blocking hidden (private) subscribers;
- messages about incoming calls.
The main ways to add a number to the blacklist
Choose an unwanted number (you can find such numbers through the “Recent” section). Tap on “Information” opposite the selected subscriber.
Pay attention to the top corner of the screen. Click on points.
Now. click on “Number blocking”.
Confirm your desire.
The second method involves working with “Messages”. Here you can select spam and freely block the sender. Algorithm of actions:
- Open message, click on the three bars in the corner.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Block number” function.
- Confirm the decision with the “OK” button (you can additionally delete conversations).
- Enjoy the result.
How to block contact on Samsung Galaxy
How to block a number on Samsung if you are bothered by calls from ill-wishers? The functionality of blocking annoying subscribers is built into Samsung Galaxy smartphones by default. Is the challenge coming from an unknown stalker? And this problem can be solved on Android. Now you will learn how to blacklist any contact at your own discretion.
How to view blocked contacts
Finally, you will not be able to lose annoying spammers. they are all saved in the smartphone’s memory. Through “Options” and “Settings” go to the “Spam filter” section. Here you are interested in “Management”.
If desired, the subscriber returns to “service” in a couple of clicks. As you can see, Samsung developers have foreseen any surprises. The described actions will not cause difficulties, but will greatly simplify life. Get rid of those who bother you.
Both methods allow you to block not only incoming calls, but also messages.
How to block numbers and messages on a Samsung smartphone using the program
If you also want to manage your list of blocked calls, then try the free Blacklist app. It allows you to replenish the blacklist with a saved contact, number from the journal, or simply add manually.
By blocking, the phone stops informing you about an incoming call or message, but their history is stored in the application itself, so you will always know about an attempt to call or write to you.
The main advantages of the Blacklist program:
- Blocking all unknown numbers (which are not in contacts)
- Blocking numbers that start with a specific digit
- Notifications about numbers you have added to the blacklist
- Export of the list of blocked numbers
- Block all SMS
- Blocking private, that is, hidden numbers.
The application is very lightweight and does not require a lot of resources to work in the background. If you use programs to speed up the smartphone system, then you need to add this tool to the exceptions, since they can conflict.
Recently, you can block incoming on smartphones Samsung Galaxy J last year, in particular in models J1, J2, J3, J5 and J7 (and other Galaxy with Android 6.0 MarshMallow) without third-party applications.
Phone spam, all sorts of unknown subscribers and other unpleasant characters who like to distract us from important matters and / or bother us during leisure hours seem to have gotten so tired that Samsung made the function of blocking unwanted incoming calls one of the standard functions in the Phone application. which equips its Galaxy J series smartphones with Android 6.0 operating system.
In other words, if you have a new Galaxy J (for more information about them and other Samsung Galaxy smartphones with one SIM, see the link), then in order to filter out unwanted calls with high quality, you do not need to install a separate application for this.
Your Galaxy J can create the so-called “blacklist” by itself. You just need to activate and configure the desired option. And now we will tell you how it is done.
How to block unwanted incoming messages on Samsung Galaxy J 1, J2, J3, J5 and J7 2016 (and other smartphones with Marsh Mallow 6.0):
- open the “Phone” application, tap the “Options” button (in the upper right corner of the screen) and select “Settings” in the menu;
- on the page “Call settings”, tap the line “Call blocking” and then. “Block list”;
- in the line “Add phone number” we write (or select from the list of contacts or from the call log) the phone number that needs to be blocked (an important nuance: the number must be written in the international format, ie through and with the country code);
- click the plus sign on the right.
After that, the subscriber blocked in this way will not be able to get through to you, but all his calls will be displayed in the smartphone call log with a special note.
Avangard beat Metallurg and took the lead in the 1/4 finals of the Gagarin Cup
Hockey club Avangard (Omsk) defeated opponents from Magnitogorsk Metallurg in the third match of the 1/4 finals of the Kontinental Hockey League Playoffs. Further.
The Story of Charles Manson, One of America’s Most Notable Criminals
Director Quentin Tarantino announced that he will be making a film about one of America’s most famous criminals, Charles Manson. Now the 83-year-old inmate in a California prison is serving a life sentence for the murder of director Roman Polanski’s wife, actress Sharon Tate, her friends, and a number of other crimes, although Manson was never caught red-handed. Esquire recalls the life story of a criminal. Further.
Telegram and Wikipedia crashed
The Telegram and Wikipedia services crashed. This is reported by the Downdetector website. Telegram problems started after 17.12 Moscow time. 59% of users reported connection problems, 37%. with sending and receiving messages, 2% Further.
The dollar exchange rate exceeded 75 rubles for the first time since February
The dollar rate at evening trading on Monday, March 22, exceeded 75 rubles. This is evidenced by the data of the Moscow Exchange. As of 18:58 Moscow time, the dollar grew by 92 kopecks relative to the closing level of the previous trading session and reached 75.04 rubles. The last time the American currency rate was more than 75 rubles on February 22, 2021. the dollar is trading at 74.91 rubles, which is 79 kopecks higher than the level of previous trading. Recall that earlier today the euro exceeded 89 rubles for the first time since the beginning of March. Further.
Germany offers US deal for permission to complete Nord Stream 2
In order for Joe Biden’s administration to waive further sanctions and make it possible to complete the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, Germany offered the US a deal