How to turn off iCloud Photos?
To turn off iCloud Photos on all devices, follow these steps.
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings [your name] iCloud Manage Storage Photos, then click Disconnect & Remove.
- On a Mac, go to Apple’s System Preferences iCloud.
What happens if you stop paying for iCloud?
We can assume that if you do not renew your payment, you may lose access to these songs in iCloud. Hence, you will not be able to remotely download these songs to your devices. We will assume that these songs remain on your computer, but access to them in iCloud will be suspended.
How to turn off Downloaded Apps on iPhone?
To disable automatic unloading of applications, go to Settings. iTunes Store and App Store and turn off the Unload unused switch. This is where this option is located, and along the path Settings. General. iPhone Storage, the switch appears only when offloading is disabled. May 27, 2018.
How to unlink your phone from iCloud?
First, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then you should go to the “Find iPhone” section. In it, you need to select “All devices” and then. in the list that appears. find the smartphone that you want to untie. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
How to unlink your phone from Apple ID?
Remove a linked iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Click Settings [your name] and select “iTunes Store & App Store”.
- Choose your Apple ID.
- Click View Apple ID. You may need to sign in.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes in the cloud” section and click “Remove this device”.
How to free memory from photos and videos
The user can clear iCloud on iPhone without any help. It is recommended to start the procedure from the library. In the cloud, not only backups can be saved, but also videos, photos and other files. If the client needs to free up some space, they can try compressing the files. The service has a special button for this. The customer can click Optimize Storage and some of the space will be reclaimed. Also, the photos will be stored for a month in the “Recently Deleted” section. You should go to the section and perform the following actions:
- the transition to the album is made;
- the “Select” button is pressed;
- then the user selects the photo of interest;
- the “Delete” button is pressed.
As soon as the client selects the delete item, the files will be erased from the smartphone memory forever. It will not be possible to restore them.
How to delete the Recently Deleted folder
The client can manage the storage location of all files independently. If the memory of your smartphone is full, you should check the folder with recently deleted files. There, photos and videos will be saved for 30 days after they are deleted from the gadget. This means that even if the user removes excess media, it will still take up space. If a customer wants to free up iCloud storage space on iPhone, they need to follow these instructions:
- the “Photo” section opens on the smartphone;
- then you need to find the item “Albums”;
- after the transition, the client selects a section with recently deleted files;
- to clear them, you need to click on the “Select” button;
- then those photos and videos that need to be deleted are marked.
- To complete the deletion quickly, you can simply click on the “Delete All” button.
How to disable saving original photos
Some users prefer to take pictures in HDR format. When you create such a photo on your cell phone, the originals of the images will also be saved. It is possible to simply deactivate this option:
- a transition is made to the section with the gadget settings;
- then the client clicks on the “Camera” section;
- a list will open on the screen, you should turn off the “Leave original” section.
- In order not to waste the main memory of the smartphone, it is recommended to use cloud storage. Today, customers are offered iCloud and Dropbox services.
How to Cancel iCloud Storage! 
How to determine how much free space is left in storage
Before clearing the memory, the user should check how much memory is available to him in the “Cloud” on the iPhone. This can be done according to the following scheme:
- the client enters the cell phone settings;
- then the item “Basic” is selected from the list;
- from the list, click on the “iPhone Storage” section;
- a scale will appear on the screen, it shows the amount of free memory on the smartphone;
- also here you can see how much space is occupied by programs, photos and videos;
- it is possible to view the data for the “Other” section.
- If the scale shows that the smartphone’s memory is more than half full, while most of it is occupied by “Other” data, you need to delete unnecessary parameters from the smartphone.
How to clear the emails section in iCloud
If the client uses the mail of this service, then you can clear the cloud by deleting all messages from the mailbox. If the user wants to save the messages, he can simply transfer them to a computer or laptop. The client should pay attention to those messages that additionally contain attachments in the form of photos or videos. The procedure for cleaning the box is not difficult, it takes a minimum of time. The client should follow these instructions:
- after going to the mailbox, you need to swipe the selected letter to the left;
- then the “Cart” button is pressed.
Messages can be deleted one at a time or you can select all messages and delete them at once.
How to remove files from the “Other” section
If a customer is looking for a way to clear iCloud storage on iPhone, they should go to the “Other” section and clear it. This section stores files of the system type, settings and files of cached programs will also be available here. Now it’s worth learning about how a client can delete all data in this section.
The easiest way is to reboot the gadget. To clear the cache, it is enough to reboot the smartphone once every 2 weeks. This action allows you to get rid of those files that have accumulated in the gadget in the process. The leftovers from the downloaded content will also be erased.
Additionally, the cache of the Safari service and the mailbox are cleared. To do this, the client needs to perform a number of such actions:
- the client goes to the section with the smartphone settings;
- then the item “Basic” opens;
- after that you should select “iPhone Storage”;
- the “Safari” section is selected in the list;
- a new list will open on the screen, in it you should select the “Clear history and site data” section;
- now you should uncheck the box next to the item “Autosave online”, if it is activated.
- You can clear the cache in the mailbox only by completely uninstalling the program. Even if you empty the entire trash can, hidden files may remain. They take up storage space.
How to remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID in iCloud if you have the device in your hands
When you sign out of Apple ID on a mobile device, iOS will ask you to delete data, while you can leave some of them (for example, Contacts and Notes) or not delete anything at all, saving all the content on the gadget. It is important to understand that we are talking only about the information that is stored on the built-in physical storage, while most users additionally synchronize Photos, Contacts, Messages and other data with the iCloud cloud. This allows you to completely erase and unlink your iPhone from your Apple ID, and then easily and quickly restore all content to another device.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (at the very top where your first and last name are listed).
In recent versions of iOS, the user is offered three options for logging out of the Apple ID account:
- Sign out of iCloud and the Store. completely decouple Apple ID from the device;
- Exit the Store. iCloud sync is still working, apps from the App Store, for example, can be installed from another account;
- Signing out of iCloud. on the contrary, leaves the user with the current Apple ID in iTunes (App Store, Apple Music, etc.), but disconnects the device from the cloud service.
In the pop-up window that appears, select “Sign out of iCloud and Store” if you need to sign out of iCloud (unlink the device) and services from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, etc. Or the item “Log out of iCloud”, if you just need to unlink the device from iCloud.
Enter the password to disable Find My iPhone and tap Off.
Now go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings.
After entering the password, click “Erase [device]”.
After completing the above steps, the iOS device will be removed (untethered) from iCloud with the activation lock turned off (Find iPhone, Activation Lock). In addition, the iPhone or iPad will be reset to factory settings, deleting all data.
Wipe Apple ID completely
There can be several reasons for permanently deleting Apple ID, most often it is connected with the user’s desire to clear his “history” on Apple servers and create a new account. What will be deleted in this case?
- All personal data about the user without the possibility of recovery;
- All purchases in iTunes, App Store and other Apple services are non-recoverable;
- All data from the cloud service iCloud without the possibility of recovery.
Why remove Apple ID?
In fact, by “removing Apple ID” most users mean decoupling the identifier from a specific device. For example, when buying or selling an iPhone or iPad, so that the new owner does not get access to correspondence in iMessage, personal photos, contact list and in order to avoid problems in the future when using the device directly, it is necessary to unlink the iPhone or iPad from iCloud (delete Apple ID) and disable activation lock (Find iPhone, Activation Lock).
Another common case is the use of content from one account by multiple users. For example, there is a “corporate” Apple ID for which the necessary set of content has been purchased (applications from the App Store, books in iBooks, Apple Music subscription, whatever), and ordinary employees at the right time (for example, to install updates) leave their personal Apple ID accounts and are authorized under the “corporate”.
However, there are also cases when Apple ID needs to be deleted irrevocably. The ability to do this without directly contacting Apple technical support appeared only recently, and at the end of this article we will talk about how to completely destroy all data about yourself stored on the company’s servers.
Remove iCloud (Apple ID), or How to Unlink iPhone or iPad from Apple Account?
As you know, in all its devices and services, Apple uses a single user identification system, which requires the latter to authorize via Apple ID to perform important actions. buying and downloading content, managing confidential data and settings, etc. At the same time, many owners of iOS devices and Macs often face the need to unlink or completely remove Apple ID.
How to completely remove an Apple ID
To do this, you need to go to a special section of the Apple website dedicated to data privacy, log in with your Aplpe ID and answer security questions, select the “Delete account” item and start the process.
There are a few simple steps here, such as: specifying the reason for deleting an account, confirming that you have read the terms and conditions for deleting, entering an email address to receive information on the procedure.
This is followed by an important point. a 12-digit code will be generated, which will remain the only way for the user to confirm his identity if he changes his mind to delete the account. The procedure itself takes up to seven days, which are required by the support service to confirm the legality of the request, after which the user will receive a notification to the specified E-mail or phone number.
How to Remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID to iCloud Remotely
Go to iCloud.com from a computer and log in with the Apple ID and password of the iPhone or iPad owner;
How To Cancel iCloud Storage Plan
Select the “Find iPhone” section. Click on the All devices button at the top of the screen. a list of devices linked to this account will appear, select the one you need;
If the device is offline, click Remove from Find iPhone.
If the device is online. in the window that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone”. Confirm the deletion and complete the procedure by clicking “Remove from account”.
How to check if there are unfamiliar devices associated with your Apple ID account
To make sure that there are no devices that do not belong to you associated with your Apple ID account (perhaps, you are being followed), do the following.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (where your first and last name appears).
You will see a list of devices that are also tied to the Apple ID that you are using.
Select an unfamiliar device that does not belong to you.
Click “Remove from Account” and then “Remove”.
Change your Apple ID password immediately by:
- launch the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section.
- select Password & Security, and then click Change Password.
- Change your password. You can learn more about Apple ID password requirements in this article. And how to come up with complex passwords and never forget them, we talked here.