HOW TO STOP PRINTING BOTH SIDES OF PAPER. HP Support Community
To disable duplex printing, follow these steps:
In the application you are using for printing, choose Print from the File menu. A print window will appear.
NOTE. The print window can be minimized. Click the Show Details button to view all available settings.
In the expanded Print window, next to Copies, you’ll find the Double Sided checkbox. Uncheck.
NOTE. If the check box does not appear in the application-specific print dialog, skip this step.
Click the lowest selection box specified as the program name (for example, TextEdit).
Will display as “Copies and Pages” in Microsoft Office applications.
Select Layout from the dropdown menu.
Set “Duplex” to “Off”.
Save the settings for future use by clicking Presets Save Current Settings as Presets. The used preset will remain the default until another preset is used.
Click the Thumbs up icon below to thank, or click Accept as Resolution. If you think my post solved your problem, it will help others find a solution.
B. Using the command line
- Click the “Start” button and enter “CMD”.
- Right click on “CMD” in the search results. Then click “Run as administrator”.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “net stop spooler” and then press “Enter”. After a few seconds, the command line will display the message “The print spooler service has been successfully stopped.”.
- Enter Del% systemroot% system32spoolprinters / Q at the command line. Press Enter ‘.
Note. The above command may seem tricky to type, but you can just copy it from here and paste it into the command line.
- Now type net start spooler and press Enter. After a few seconds, the command line will display the message “The print spooler service has started successfully.”.
Follow the instructions above carefully and you should be able to clear the print queue in Windows 7.
When you notice that something is wrong, an error in the document, poor quality, then first remove the paper from the tray. This will stop printing on your printer immediately and save paper. After that, in the order described in this manual, try to cancel printing on the PC and in the printer itself.
Solved: Printer Won’t Stop Printing ! HP Support Community
The “task” comes from somewhere. the printer follows these instructions. When the printer is on, it accepts input and starts printing. This is a normal process.
Try removing most or even all of the paper from the tray.
Track down a “job” that breaks the rules.
If you don’t recognize the content at all, the print job could be the result of someone else sending jobs to your printer.
- Neighbors who have a wireless password to your network.
- Neighbors or strangers print on your printer and no password is required to access the network.
- A mobile device that sends a job directly to a printer without interacting with a computer. This can be one of “your” devices or any local mobile device that has access to your wireless network.
- EPrint job. likely from someone who figured out your printer’s email address (and is not blocked from sending print jobs).
- Print spam, possibly due to a virus / print malware, as described in the latest news about “hacking” people’s printers. This access, too, may be the result of weak security on your network.
If you feel like a print job is coming from one of your own devices, restart everything, including any computers, phones, printers, or mobile devices, and your router.
- Log out, turn off all devices on the network.
- Turn on the router, wait for it to fully boot Turn on the computer and log in.
- Turn on the printer. add some paper to the tray, no more than (approximately) five sheets.
- Download / launch devices (phones, mobile tablets) one at a time. check if the problem appears again after booting a specific device.
If your printer has its own email address, sign in to your HP Connected account, check your printer. Settings Make sure that only “allowed” senders have access (as opposed to setting = “Anyone”).
Improve security by changing passwords on the router itself, on the router configuration for your wireless network, on your network devices (required after changing the wireless network password), check the router logs.
If you (still) feel like the print job is being processed by the computer, you can turn on the print service log and check the output. This is a bit more work.
Read the information below, , then decide whether to continue.
Important: If the effort seems to be greater than what you have interest or patience for, ignore the suggestion.
Print queue management. setting “Save print job for reprinting later”
Typically, you configure a method to pre-store jobs in the queue, this method requires that your user base (those who submit print jobs) not sabotage the print queue by deleting entries. it is a policy issue for your workplace. (In other words, you should have at least some control over what people do).
Control Panel Icon View Devices and Printers
Right click on your printer Printer Properties
(If necessary) Change properties Advanced tab
Select Save Printed Documents Apply OK
Track Print Jobs in Event Viewer
How you track the activity of a print job depends on how your software reports the incident in the Event Viewer, whether you have remote access to the computer (s) in your workgroup, and your skill level in gathering the information you are looking for (viewing and manual viewing or scripting to collect reports).
Windows X Key Event Viewer
Event log Microsoft Windows applications and services log
Scroll down PrintService Right click Worker Enable log
Check activity log
Open Event Viewer on the computer (from which the task was sent
Open the Microsoft Windows Applications and Services Logs
scroll down, down PrintService Operational
Checking Print Jobs
S or scroll down the columns by selecting “Task Category” scroll down to items named “Print Document”
Click each job to view its details (system name and user ID)
Collect print job list and save to file
NOTE: In the current context, this bit. optional and not directly related to tracking what is happening in print services.
Click on the first entry in the Print Document event collection,
Scroll to the bottom of the Print Document event entries,
Click and hold the Shift key ,
Click on the last entry you want in the “saved group”
Save data to file or event log
Option 1. Save and view the document
Under Actions (or Action tab) Click Copy
Open a blank document (e.g. Office Word)
Insert table or text data into an open document
Save the file as desired
Open document to view text data
Option 2. Save and view event log entries
Under Actions (or Action tab) Click Save Selected Events
Optional Solve and click Language Display Options
Select Folder. where you want to save the file and enter the File name
Open Event Viewer Open Saved Logs Click a log to view
Check Journal for Documents / Print Jobs Removed from Queue
One of the details that can be checked includes when / if the job is “deleted”.
NOTE: In the current context, this bit. optional and not directly related to tracking what is happening in print services.
Sort columns by “Task Category” scroll down to items named “Delete Document”
Click each job to view its details (system name and user ID)
Reprint the print job. saving the job for reprinting later
How to Create Your Own Windows Event Log Notification System
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We. global community of HP enthusiasts. committed to supporting HP technologies.
Click Thumbs Up on a message to thank you!
Have you answered? Click the “Accept as solution” message. to help others find him.
How to stop printing
Sometimes it can be difficult to work with printers. Have you ever happened that you mistakenly gave a print command before setting it up correctly, and you end up wanting to stop the command in between? Sometimes your printer has other problems, for example, it keeps printing the same job, or the print job is stuck in the print queue. In such a situation, deleting or stopping a print job can be difficult.
On this page, we provide detailed instructions for various operating systems to help you stop a stuck print job from your computer. You can also stop the command to print from your printer. Identify the operating system installed on your computer and follow the instructions to find out how to stop printing according to your operating system.
- How to stop printing in Windows 7
- How to stop printing in Windows 8 and Windows 10
Button on the printer body
The ideal option is to have a special undo button on the body of the device itself, which also stops the printing process. Clicking on it will immediately cancel the job from the computer to print documents from the queue. As a rule, this button is marked in red with the words “Cancel” or simply “C”. It is easy to find, since it is always in a conspicuous place near the copy start button.
How to cancel duplex printing on a printer
Two-sided printing method or duplex is a way in which information, without your help, is reflected on paper from both sides. This technology saves you the trouble of manually flipping documents. Sometimes this significantly saves time, because the output is a printed sheet on both sides. The advantages of duplex are the work with large volumes, when manual paper feed is extremely inconvenient and requires your constant presence. But if you use the printer for domestic purposes, or most of the printed information is required in a one-sided format, then the “duplex” function is extremely inconvenient.
Cancel duplex printing depending on Windows
Programmers work tirelessly to create operating systems that can make PC easier and more comfortable for any user. For our convenience, the “Print” option in new versions of Windows does not undergo global changes.
Therefore, the above undo aLGorithm is relevant for Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10.
Open the “Control Panel”, click “Devices and Printers”, select the model of your printer, launch the context menu and uncheck the “Two-sided printing” checkbox. We save the changes made.
Canceling Duplex Printing: Methods
Let’s say most electronic material assumes an image on one side, while your printer is automatically configured for duplex printing. It seems to be okay, but, firstly, time is wasted on the empty run of the second side, plus frequent jams of higher density paper.
Many MFP users face such a problem when, when trying to print several pages of an electronic document, the printer, willfully, produces text on both sides.
In this case, there are several ways to cancel duplex printing:
- Using the Windows operating system, go to the “Control Panel” and select the “Devices and Printers” icon. In the dialog box that opens, find the brand of your printer and right-click on the context menu. Next, in the “Print” tab, click and uncheck the “Double-sided print” checkbox, complete the operation by confirming “OK”, at the bottom of the window, and celebrate the victory. All further information will be in a one-way format by default.
- The second option is related to the printer settings, when the default “Print” profile is printing on both sides. To do this, in the “Printer Properties” select the “Profile” tab. Expand “Default Settings” for manual adjustments. In the appeared dialog box “View settings” change the “Print style”. Uncheck the default double-sided checkbox and confirm the changes with the OK button. It is done.
Attention! To prevent a possible reset of the specified parameters, print with the required characteristics, and save the settings. Go to “Printer settings”, select “Presettings” and click “Save current settings as presets”. Name the preset, for example “One Page” and go directly to print.
What to do if printing on both sides is not canceled
All cancellation tips have been followed, and the settings are saved only until the printer is restarted or the computer is turned off. Regardless of the settings of the “Control Panel” and the Printer, feeds the sheet from both sides.
In such a situation, it is advisable to do a factory reset. In the menu, select the “Copier” tab, then “Functions” and clear the default “Clear All” settings. We reboot the system and forget about the problem forever.
Alternatively, try downloading a different version of the driver on the network. Usually older modifications do not conflict with the given parameters.
Possible problems and ways to solve them
Most often, computer users when printing documents have to deal with their own erroneous actions. when the wrong file or to another printer went to print. Then you can try to have time to block the action at the launch stage. When working in Word or Excel, after sending a file for printing, a window appears notifying of the action taken, and there is also a button at the bottom that cancels this operation. If you could not take advantage of this opportunity, then you will need to follow the procedures described above.
Another common problem is printing blocking due to a system failure. This is when the machine does not print a certain file, which for some reason “hangs” and cannot be removed from the queue using the printer properties. Then you need to either delete with special tools (using the command line), or use the appropriate programs.
On a note! For HP printers, manufacturers have released a free utility update to diagnose and fix all major printing errors. To do this, you need to install and run the “HP Print and Scan Doctor”, which allows you to automatically troubleshoot.
To reduce the time spent on fixing such problems associated with printer errors, you can create a BAT file yourself. It will contain commands to force clear the print. To do this, just open some text editor (you can use standard Notepad or WordPad) and save the created file in the.bat format. After that, write in the text all those commands that are described above. Then save the changes, but the extension should remain the same. Now, if necessary, it is enough just to run this document, and the system will automatically clear the queue and launch the dispatcher.
So, it may be necessary to cancel the printing of a file, both due to the human factor and due to technical errors of the system. In the first case, this is easier to do, and in the latter, it is more difficult, but possible. The main thing is to act according to the above aLGorithms.
Canceling Printing Using the Control Panel
The simplest and most commonly used method is to cancel the print queue using the printer properties on the toolbar. This technique is most effective when you just need to delete unnecessary files. To do this, go to the list of the “Start” button, then go to the “Control Panel” tab by selecting the “Devices and Printers” or “Printers and Faxes” section. Double click of the mouse, and a window with a list of used devices opens. Next, you need to determine the desired name of the printing device (for example, HP Laserjet p1102) and, by right-clicking, bring up a dialog box with a list of possible actions.
Alternatively, you can simply double-click on the printer icon. This will open a list of all documents that are queued before printing. Next, you need to act depending on the tasks. If you need to remove one or more files from the queue, then you need to select them and apply the “Delete” button or click the mouse, calling the list of commands and specify the action there. cancel.
On a note! When you need to clear the entire queue, in the “Printer” section, go to the “Clear Print Queue” tab. Such a command will lead to the deletion of all documents included in the list at once.
If you cannot cancel printing by any of the above methods, you need to try restarting the system itself. Probably, the cause of the error is not directly associated with the printer, but simply a failure in the work of system services. To fix the problem, you need to restart your computer using “Start”. It happens so that the PC “hangs” and does not respond to commands. In this case, it must be restarted using the buttons on the system unit. As a rule, there is a corresponding option for restarting. However, if it is absent, then you simply need to disconnect it from the power supply, and then turn it back on.
Cancel using the command line
If the previous methods did not help to eliminate the failure in the system, then you can resort to manually running the required command. To enter the required console, you need to enter in the start menu in the search field. cmd.
On a note! For Windows 10 and any other version of the operating system, the command prompt is available only for users with administrator rights.
In the body of the command line, you must enter a certain combination of characters, depending on the desired action. Possible options are shown in the figure below.
Most often, a failure to print documents occurs due to erroneous actions of the user. the wrong file was sent, the wrong printer was selected, additional work is needed on the design before printing, etc. Such moments are easily eliminated by simply deleting files from the queue in the “printer” folder. However, a failure can occur in the system itself, then you need to act already by other methods, which will be discussed below.
Stopping the service
If the failure to print the document is caused by a system error in the OS, then the first method may not bring any results. Then you need to clean a special folder in the service files. You can get to it in different ways.
- Press the CtrlAltDel buttons at the same time to bring up the “Task Manager”. There go to the “Services” tab and select from the list “print manager”. “Spoole”.
- The “Start” button, then “Control Panel”, then “Administrative Tools” and there specify the “Services” tab. Having opened the list of system files, you need to find the “print manager”.
- Call the main menu with the mouse on the computer icon. There, select “management” and in the window that opens on the left side, specify the “services” section. After that, an area with a list of available consoles opens on the right, in which you need to select the required dispatcher
After the system console has been found by any of the suggested methods, the process must be stopped. To do this, move the cursor and press the right mouse button to bring up a dialog box with a list of possible actions. There it is necessary to define the function “Stop” or simply “Stop”, depending on the version of the operating system. Next, you should go to the system files and clean the PRINTERS folder. To get to it, you need to go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Spool \ PRINTERS. In this folder, you will need to delete all files.
Important! After clearing the system folder, you need to start this service again. To do this, you need to find it again, right-click and select the “Run” or “Start” option.
If there are no documents in the print queue, and the printer does not function in any way, in this case, you need to restart it by turning it off and on again.
On a note! In certain modifications of printers (for example, Samsung SCX-4200), it is possible to manually reset the print sequence (including two-sided). To do this, you need to use the appropriate settings in the menu.
Features of cleaning on different printers
If you need to manually clear the print queue on the printer itself, then you cannot do without basic knowledge of office equipment of a particular manufacturer and model.
- For Brother 2140 / 2150N / 2170W series printers, you need to use the multi-function “Go” button, which is responsible for starting, and for eliminating errors, and for feeding pages, etc. If pressed and held for 4 seconds (until all LEDs light up), and then released and pressed again, all received print jobs will be canceled.
- A Cancel button is available on various Canon printers and may be red. It usually has a symbol that looks like an inverted triangle inscribed in a circle. Just click on this icon, and the device will disable the printing function. If there are several documents for deletion, then you should select them from the list of presented ones and confirm the action.
- A Stop / Clear button is also available for Epson appliances. It stops the current printing and removes it from the device memory. To clear the entire queue, you need to use the control panel and printer properties.
- Xerox printers are equipped with a function and multi-tasking Start / Stop button. It both starts printing and stops it if necessary. However, you need to remove files from the queue directly from your computer.
- As for the Kyocera technology, there is also a Stop button with a triangle inscribed with its apex down in a circle. For example, in the KYOCERA FS-6525MFP model, you can not only remove the current print, but also delete all documents that are in standby mode. To do this, use the menu on the printer control panel and select the “Delete jobs” button there, and then confirm the action.
How to view the printer’s print history?
From the context menu, open the Printer Properties and select the Advanced tab. There should be a check mark “Log print queue messages”. If the checkbox is already checked, then Windows already saves the print history.
How to open a print queue?
- To see a list of items waiting to be printed in Windows 10, click the Start button and type printers and scanners in the search box on the taskbar.
- Select Printers & Scanners and select your printer from the list.
- Select Open Queue to view current and upcoming print jobs.
How to cancel printing on Canon mf3228 printer?
On the printer itself, you can cancel printing by pressing the red cancel key. Via a computer. you need to enter the print queue and delete all jobs. If jobs are not deleted, you can turn off the printer and delete jobs offline.
How to cancel printing from iPhone?
To cancel a print job, open the program selector, click Print Center, and then click Cancel Printing. If you need help using AirPrint, see this article. AirPrint requires a Wi-Fi or wired network connection.
How to stop printing on the printer?
- Open the Printers and Faxes window.
- Double click on your printer icon.
- Select the document you change your mind about printing.
- Select Document Cancel from the menu. If you want to cancel printing of all documents in the queue, select Document ^ Cancel All Documents.
How to remove documents from the Windows 7 print queue?
To do this, open the “Control Panel” and go to the “Devices and Printers” section. Find the icon with your active hardware and right-click on it. From the context, select the item “Clear print queue”. A couple of seconds and the action is completed!
How to remove a print queue in a Word?
- To cancel all print jobs, click Printer = Cancel All Documents or Purge Print Documents.
- To cancel only selected print jobs, click on a specific job to highlight it. And then click Document = Cancel.
The process of stopping the output of files from printing can be simplified if desired. In this case, you do not have to do anything manually, just open the command line on your computer. However, this is only suitable for those running under an administrator account. The task is done as follows.
- The user runs a command prompt with extended rights. You can use any available method to start. These include calling the command line through the “Start” context menu. You can also press RMB and select the appropriate command line, which will indicate administrator rights.
- In the dropped-out terminal, the computer owner sets the net stop spooler command. Next, you need to confirm the completion of the task using the enter key. This will pause the print manager.
- The third step is to enter two additional commands: del% systemroot% \ system32 \ spool \ printers \. shd \ F \ S \ Q and del% systemroot% \ system32 \ spool \ printers \. spl \ F \ S \ Q. With their help, it will be possible to clear the temporary folder in which files for sending to print are stored. They have an extension. shd. spl. The introduction of special commands will allow to remove the task assigned to the equipment.
The final step is to start the Print Manager service. This can be done by entering the command net start spooler.
Delete temporary folder
When a task comes to the printer, according to which it is required to print documents, temporary files are generated inside the system. They contain the information that is required for the operation. If you manually clear the folder from files, then you can reset the task and stop the process. It is recommended that you exit the Print Manager before proceeding with cleaning. This can be done in the computer settings. The service can only be started again after the files have been removed from the folder. You can manually clear the contents of the temporary folder as follows.
- Enter the path C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Spool \. The first letter means the name of the system disk, so you should indicate the one on which the computer’s operating system is installed.
- Delete the contents of the directory named Printers. It should be noted that you do not need to delete the directory itself.
When using this method, it is recommended to keep in mind that all files will be deleted from the folder. This is especially important if the printer works in an office where different employees can print documents or other files.
These two methods are not the only way to stop unwanted printing. There are other, less requested options to stop what the printer is printing. However, it is worth considering them in more detail so that you can use them at any time.
Viewing the queue through the “Control Panel
One of the popular options for clearing the print queue involves using the Control Panel. The method is in demand among most Windows users, and it can be applied regardless of the version of the operating system or printer model. It is noteworthy that Windows 10 users cannot find a panel with this name. This is explained by the fact that the company renamed it to “Parameters”. At the same time, almost all functions and capabilities were left, although, for example, cleaning the print queue will need to be looked for.
There are two ways to go to the required window.
- Open the context menu “Start”.
- Use system search.
- Use the WinR keyboard shortcut.
Any of these methods will open the control panel to the user. Next, you need the following.
- Open the section “Devices and Printers”.
- Select the printer to print to.
- Double click to open the main information window. The same window will appear if you right-click on the printer name.
- Select the object to be removed from the print queue.
- Press RMB and in the menu that appears, select the cancellation of the action. Another way is to select the object and press the del key.
If you want to reset all items that are in the queue, then click on the printer, which is located in the top pane of the list, and then select the function to clear the print queue. When all the actions are done, the list will be cleared. After that, you can start performing new tasks.
You can also select other settings from the printer menu, such as pause printing. This solution is suitable for cases when the device chews paper and does not want to stop working on its own.
How to cancel printing on the printer?
While working with a computer, situations often arise when you need to stop printing sent to the printer. For example, you might want to stop printing a mistakenly selected document, unformatted text, or a raw image. In order not to waste paper and ink, you first need to remove the paper from the tray, and then cancel the job. It is also common for the printer to stop responding to commands while printing multiple documents and the process freezes. You can fix the situation if you learn how to cancel the command to output a document, text or image to a material medium.
Reboot the system process
This option is suitable for those who urgently need to cancel the assignment. However, it should be noted that this method is not very popular. Many people prefer to stop the printer in the settings and resort to restarting only if nothing worked. In this case, you need the following to clear the printer’s print queue.
- Open the “Run” section. To do this, press the WinR key combination or use the Start context menu.
- Type the command services. msc.
- Confirm command input.
- View the Services window and find the Print Manager section. You need to click on it RMB.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Restart” option.
It is worth noting that there is an option to stop the service in the menu. You do not need to click this option, you just need to restart the system. The advantage of this method is that it quickly copes with the task at hand. The print is quickly removed, while completely disappearing all documents from the list that goes to the printer for printing.
Minus reboot. inability to select certain files to cancel printing. Therefore, it is worth paying attention to this moment when you want to use this method. Another option for rebooting the system involves stopping the “Print Manager” by pressing RMB and selecting the “Stop” function. This additionally clears the printer folder and restarts the device operation service.
If the user often interferes with the printing process, deleting a huge number of files, there may be a systematic problem with the operation of the printer, which will gradually begin to generate errors when outputting documents. Usually the problem arises from the incorrect operation of the drivers.
In this case, it is recommended:
- check for driver updates for printing equipment;
- update old drivers if new versions are available;
- reinstall drivers if hardware stops responding to commands.
Regarding the last point, it is worth noting that reinstallation can be performed either manually or using special software. If it is not possible to install the drivers, you can use a temporary solution to the problem. To do this, you need to create a file with the extension. bat. This can be done as follows.
- Open notepad to create a text file.
- Write in it the familiar 4 commands that were described in the previous section. They will cause the “Print Manager” to stop, delete files with certain extensions from the Printers directory and activate the required service.
- Save file.
It is required to run it as an administrator. As soon as the file is opened, a set of commands entered will start to delete files from the folder and stop printing the printer. To make it easier to use such a solution, you can create a shortcut on the desktop and run commands with one click.
How to clear the print queue on the printer, see the video.
The first way
- So, to answer the question of how to stop printing on the printer, first open the section called “Hardware and Sound” from the “Start” menu. Going into it, find there a submenu with devices and printers, and then click on it.
- Find the problem device in the list of presented devices and right-click on it, then select “View print queues”.
- In the new window, select the menu called “Printer” and click on the item that implies clearing the print queue. After this step, all documents from the print queue in the printer will have to be deleted, including those that have already been printed.
If the question of how to cancel the printing of the printer is still relevant to you, then use the restart of the system process, which is responsible for printing in the OS installed on your computer / laptop.
- To clear the print queue of documents in this way, press the WinR key combination to bring up a window designed to enter all kinds of system commands.
- Enter the command “services.msc” in the only field of this line and press Enter or just “OK”.
- In a new window, among the large list of services, find the one called the print manager. Once you find it, click on “Restart Service”.
This approach to solving the problem as a whole should help to remove the printed documents that are in the queue.
What to do if the print queue won’t clear?
If the print queue is not cleared, then most likely the cause of the problem is that the documents were blocked by the device driver or operating system. Try clearing them with a normal reboot of both devices, i.e. and PC, and office equipment.
If this does not help, then go to the “Printers” folder at “C: \ Windows \ system32 \ spool \” and delete all its contents manually or use the following recommendation. But keep in mind that all remote information about the print queue will be irretrievably lost. this must be taken into account when working in any office where several printers are connected to one PC.
How to properly cancel printing on printers
Many novice users of office equipment are often looking for answers to the question of how to cancel printing on a printer and how to clear the printer’s print queue. It is very easy to solve the problem of canceling the printing process. to do this, find the “Cancel” or “Stop” button and click on it. If it is not there, then just take and pull out all the paper with which you filled the special tray. Alternatively, you can simply restart both the PC and the printer. Another solution to this problem is to use an option such as clearing the print queue.
Force cleanup via command line
To clear the print queue forcibly using the command line, first run it as administrator. Then enter the command “net stop spooler”, which is used to stop the service responsible for printing documents.
- “Del% systemroot% \ system32 \ spool \ printers \.shd / F / S / Q”
- “Del% systemroot% \ system32 \ spool \ printers \.spl / F / S / Q”
These two commands are designed to delete all files with the.snd and.spl extensions, as well as a folder called “Printers”.
At the end, you should enter the “net start spooler” system command. Thanks to it, the print service will be restarted in the previous mode of operation.
But in order not to enter all these commands in a line specially designed for them one by one, it is better to create a BAT file. To do this, you need to open any text editor with a minimal set of functions, for example, a regular “Notepad” and immediately save the file by setting the BAT extension for it. Then enter all the above commands line by line into it and save again. To remove the print queue, simply run this file by double-clicking the left mouse button. The process of clearing the print queue using this BAT file will take you a matter of time.
But if this script that allows you to clear the print queues suddenly did not work, then you need to check the presence of the ” spool \ Printers” directory in the device settings. To do this, find the required office equipment in the “Devices and Printers” section and open its properties. There go to the tab with additional parameters and pay attention to the path. If the path is specified differently, then in the script you will have to correct it by editing the BAT file. to do this, open it using the same “Notepad”.
Thus, there are several effective ways to resolve the canceled print on the printer and clear its queue. In the future, try not to overload your device with a large number of tasks, otherwise you will again face the problem of canceling printing.
This method is suitable for those users who have the printer operating normally and no additional problems arise when interacting with it. Then the removal of the task from printing is carried out through the properties of the device itself. The easiest way to do this is as follows:
Double click on the icon for the printing equipment located on the taskbar.
If this does not happen, try to re-enter this menu and check the status of the line again. When saving a task, only the second method will help to get rid of it.
Additionally, let us pay attention to those users who do not have such an icon on the taskbar due to the fact that it is simply hidden or not displayed for other reasons. Then you should remove the print task through the “Parameters” menu.
To do this, open “Start” and go to the corresponding application by clicking on the gear icon.
In the window that appears, select the category “Devices”.
In the list of parameters you are interested in “Printers and Scanners”.
The management tools will appear, among which select “Open Queue”. If it is absent, then there are no tasks in the queue for this printer.
In the queue management window, cancel printing a specific document or performing another task.
The task should be canceled in just a few seconds, so do not close the current window, but wait for the line to be deleted.
Removing a print job from the printer
This article will focus on removing only one print task, and if you want to get rid of all of them at once by completely removing the queue, read the information provided in a separate material on our website at the link below.
Manual cancellation of all tasks
This method is radical and immediately cancels all tasks that are currently stored in the queue. It will be optimal for those users who, for various reasons, do not fit the previous option. In this case, the aLGorithm of actions becomes a little more complicated, so follow the instructions exactly to cope with this.
Open “Start” and find the “Services” application there, which open.
Find the line “Print Manager” and double-click on it to go to properties.
Stop this service by clicking on the corresponding button, and then apply the changes.
Go to Explorer and paste the path C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Spool \ PRINTERS into the address bar.
At the root of the destination directory, you will find all the files that are queued tasks. Accordingly, they need to be deleted in order to clear the list.
Then it is advisable to restart the computer and return to “Services”, where start the previously disabled service.
If you cancel tasks to bring the printer back to normal, everything should succeed unless another problem is causing the health problems.