Changing your iCloud account: tips for newbies
Greetings to every regular user and just a passing guest! I didn’t think long about the topic of my article, as I heard it from a good friend. Or rather, I helped him solve the question of how to change iCloud on the iPhone. And now I invite everyone who is interested in this problem to the discussion.
iCloud has become a frequent guest on the devices of our citizens, but only a few managed to study it well (read about using the service here). Only a few will be able to figure out how to change an account in iCloud the first time. But there are many more similar questions:
- “How to change iCloud on iPhone 5?”;
- “How to change iCloud on iPhone 4?”;
- “How to change iclCud for iPad?”.
My recommendations will be a lifeline for beginners in this direction.
An important point
There are times when you really need to change the data about yourself (that is, about the user), which is hidden in the operating system. In such a situation, you should first know how to change iCloud.
Is it possible to change iCloud? Of course yes, just note that it is not possible to make adjustments to the account name with the following ending:
- @ iCloud.com
- @ me.com;
- @ mac.com.
Important! If you decide that you will delete your account from your phone, create a new one and this issue is resolved, you are wrong. All your data will simply disappear from the phone, but will still remain in the iCloud system (on the cloud storage server).
Key features of iCloud
Since the conversation is about not quite successful iCloud users, I want to move away from the topic a little and remember what this storage is for.
The creators tried to create a place where each of the users can place all data from different devices with a single access. For example, a photo taken on an iPhone will immediately appear on both iPad and Mac (if you have them). Just connect to the network and you’re done.
Apple iCloud is able to sync the following information:
- all applications;
- books and TV shows;
- all photos and videos from the iPhone or iPad camera;
- settings available on iPad or iPhone;
- contacts (about restoring contacts, see Honor here);
- iOS desktop settings;
- all kinds of messages;
This repository is very valuable for those who like to play games. Imagine: you just played on iPhone, paused, moved to another room, remembered and continued your game on iPad.
What can be changed in Apple ID?
Account is an ID. In addition to the identifier itself, by going to the Apple ID management page, you can change the following data:
- password (read about password recovery here);
- e-mail addresses (additional);
- FULL NAME;
- control qestion;
- date of birth;
- e-mail (backup).
Let’s start solving the problem “How do I change my iCloud account?” We start to act:
- Go to Apple’s official website.
- Find in the upper right corner the item “Support”. Click on the inscription.
- The next step is to go to the “Apple ID” tab.
- Next, select the inscription “Change your Apple ID”. Note: if you need to change the password from the ID, then you need to select “Change your password”.
- Log in with your existing ID and a valid password
- And now we introduce everything new.
The iCloud account change was successful. Use on health.
I hope you figured out how to change iCloud. Now you can perform these simple actions with your eyes closed. Every beginner is slowly turning into an experienced user. The same situation will happen to the swami. Soon your friends will contact you for help with similar questions:
- “How to change iCloud on iPhone 4s?”;
- “How to change iCloud on iPhone 5s?”.
Feel free to try and experiment! And I will be happy to support you with help and advice.!
Can I change my Skype username
The system does not provide for the procedure for correcting the login, but the user can change the name displayed to other users of the project.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- click LMB on the login in the upper right corner of the screen;
- a window opens where we select the item “Add full name”;
- in the appropriate field, enter the desired alphanumeric sequence.
The procedure for changing the Skype username does not cause any difficulties, but it has several nuances: linking the messenger to the Microsoft account automatically determines the username.
How to change your Skype email address
The project participant has the right to change the email address in Skype, I do not indicate the reason for such actions. To bring your plans to life, it is enough to follow the steps of the step-by-step instructions presented below:
- Launch the application, click on the tab with the name of the messenger.
- Select the button Personal data, then. Edit my data.
- The profile editor will open, where there are three columns for specifying email. Add a new one or click on an existing one to delete or edit it.
How to change your phone number in Skype
As mentioned earlier, project participants can make calls not only within the network, but also outside it. Therefore, it is important to keep track of the relevance of personal information, to know how to change your phone number in Skype:
- Go to the official website of the messenger, go through the authorization.
- Click on the Account section, then Subscriber Identification.
- We click on the item “Enter a new number”, select the country of residence and enter the numerical sequence.
- The system checks your existence with a free SMS with a confirmation code.
- We indicate it in the appropriate form, click on the “Save” button.
This procedure is needed so that if you call or send SMS to a mobile phone, your specified phone number is displayed. If you want to add a number only so that it will be displayed in your profile, then you must:
- Click on your avatar in the upper left corner, the profile editor will open.
- In the section Mobile phone. add your number.
How to change your Skype account
To interact with almost any software, you must go through the registration procedure. Its nuances involve entering personal information, login and email address (used to authorize the user). However, there comes a time when the data is out of date and needs to be updated. Today we will talk about how to change your Skype account, consider the characteristic features of the procedure.
Changing your Skype account
Sooner or later, the moment comes when you need to specify new information about the account and the user. The system does not require such actions, but life situations sometimes present those surprises.
In the course of the storytelling, we will look at the main reasons for interacting with the user settings of the messenger.
So already it turns out that our passport data have an expiration date and tend to change. Therefore, it is important to update personal data not only in the real world, but also in the vastness of the World Wide Web.
The following step-by-step instructions will tell you how to change your first and last name in Skype:
- Go to the official website of the project, go through the authorization procedure.
- Select the Account item in the upper right corner.
- Next. Edit personal data.
- We choose to change the profile, the fields become available for editing, enter the necessary information and click the Save button.
How to hide your date of birth in Skype
To hide your date of birth in Skype, you don’t have to look for tricks. just do not indicate it in your personal information when registering. But if she was still indicated:
- Go to profile settings by clicking on your avatar in the upper left corner.
- Click Show full profile.
- For Day, Month and Year, select empty values.
How to change Apple ID and iCloud account on iPhone
Greetings! Today’s article is from the series “every owner of a smartphone from Apple should know this.” I would even say, I just have to. Why? Because knowing how to correctly change the Apple ID or iCloud account on the iPhone can be useful to you almost always. And even if it is not needed now, then someday it will be needed Believe me, my little personal experience. Believe me, believe me, it will not be superfluous! 🙂
In general, as a rule, for the time being, the user does not even think about this operation. Doesn’t the smartphone work? Working! Are there any problems? It seems to be not! Then why bother with any settings at all? But nothing lasts forever and all sorts of things can happen. What kind? Lots of examples.
- Selling the device.
- Buying a new or correct purchase of a non-new gadget.
- Someone knows your Apple ID, password, iCloud. the surest way to protect yourself, completely change your account.
- Just start your iPhone life from scratch 🙂
In general, it is clear that the job is necessary. So let’s learn how to completely log out of the Apple ID and iCloud accounts linked to the iPhone, and log in with new data. Forward!:)
Important! It is necessary to understand that for those people who, for some reason, do not know (do not remember) the password and username of the identifier, this method will not work, they should do this.
How to change iCloud on iPhone
Since iCloud is a more important account (here is the “Find iPhone” function, backups, iCloud Drive, etc.), we’ll start with it.
- Open Settings.
- At the very top we see your name (account name). click on it.
- Scroll the screen to the very bottom and see the line “Exit”.
- Click and meet the first warning: “If you sign out of your account, all photos in Photo Stream and iCloud Drive stored in iCloud will be deleted from this iPhone.” What does it mean? This means that when you change your iCloud account, the above data associated with it will be deleted from the iPhone. No need to worry, they will remain in the “cloud” itself and you can access them from the www.iCloud.com website. We agree with this.
- The second warning pops up. “All iCloud notes will be deleted from the iPhone.” Relevant for those who have used the notes application and synchronized its contents with cloud storage, computer, etc. Again, you need to understand that they are not completely deleted, access to them will remain using the site.
- Another question. “What do you want to do with calendars, Safari data, contacts and reminders?” I choose to leave it on this iPhone. In which case, you can remove them yourself later.
- We are offered to enter the password from iCloud. we do it. Everyone, we’re signed out on this iPhone.
- Entering new data. iCloud changed.
2 ways to change Apple ID
Now you can change the second identifier on the iPhone. Apple ID. There are two ways here:
- In the case when you have already logged out of iCloud (how to do it. described above), then you can simply erase everything from your phone and then it will be completely new and clean “like from a factory”. Naturally, no information will remain on it! Next, we just create a new Apple ID account and indicate it directly during activation.
- Or change Apple ID through the menu. Conveniently, in this case, all games, applications, music, ringtones, etc. will remain on the device. downloaded using the previous account.
- Go to Settings.
- Open the menu item. iTunes Store and App Store.
- Click on the name of the account.
- Go out.
- Linking a new Apple ID to replace the old one.
As you can see, all manipulations take place exclusively in the settings and do not take much time.
Finally, it is worth noting one important thing. despite the fact that I tried to describe the process of replacing accounts on the iPhone in as much detail as possible, it may well be that something remained incomprehensible.
Therefore, we are not shy and write our own in the comments:
- Observations, notes, incomprehensible situations and other stories (personal experience is cool!).
- Questions. I will try to answer and help absolutely everyone!
How to change the unique identifier
If the user needs to change the account on the iPhone, he should know that this will lead to the loss of all purchased applications and settings. You can perform a shift through a stationary computer, the operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the user enters the company name in the browser and goes to the Apple home page;
- the identifier management page will appear on the screen;
- you need to log in to the system;
- the client enters the access code and login of his profile;
- on the screen, select a section called “Manage your name, ID and e-mail address”;
- if you scroll down the screen, you can see additional options;
- on the page you should find the section “Apple ID and main e-mail”;
- now you should press the “Change” button, it is located next to;
- the address of the mail that will be used is indicated;
- she will receive a letter with instructions;
- the owner must open the letter, read it and perform the necessary actions;
- as soon as the details are confirmed, the account settings will also change.
In addition, the user can change the Apple ID on his iPhone without a computer, just have a smartphone with him. The procedure is performed according to the following instructions:
- first, on the phone’s desktop, you should find the App Store section;
- when the application is open, you should scroll down the page;
- the “Authorized Apple ID” option is selected from the list;
- the display will show a new menu, in it you should click the “Exit” item;
- when the user opens the section for authorization, he must select the “Login” button;
- you can now select the “With an existing Apple ID” button;
- the owner must specify the data of the identifier through which authorization is required.
- For the transition to be successful, the system can send a verification code to the phone. They enter him into an empty window and confirm the entrance.
You can change the current account on the iPhone not only through your smartphone, but also using iTunes and PC. To complete the procedure, you need to follow the steps:
- iTunes runs on the laptop;
- the user finds the “Store” section in the list;
- then you need to log in using old data;
- when the identification window opens, click the “Change” button;
- here you can change the contact number, country of residence, as well as the mailbox used;
- new parameters should be entered and saved;
- a message will be sent to the mail that the ID data has been changed;
- the process will remain to be confirmed by clicking on the link.
Users know that if they log out of their profile, the data will not be saved. But there is a way that will leave all the settings and information. The change procedure is carried out according to the following instructions:
- first you need to go to the settings section;
- then select the item “iCloud”;
- the page is scrolled to the “Exit” item;
- now you need to confirm the procedure for logging out of your account;
- the “Delete account” button is pressed;
- the screen will ask you what to do with the data on the iPhone;
- you must specify the item “Leave on iPhone”;
- now the password that was previously used in the profile is entered;
- the client goes to the section with settings;
- the item “iCloud” is selected;
- after that, the data of the new account will be entered.
All information that was stored on the gadget will be saved and transferred to the new owner profile.
What is User ID
The account is created during registration in the system, usually this happens when the gadget is turned on for the first time. An authentication system is required to use iCloud and App Store services. The identifier is also required for other services of the company. If a user wants to download an application from the App Store, he will have to log in to the service, only after that the download will become available.
If you consider what is included in the ID, the user can see personal information. Gadget settings are also saved in the profile. If the owner buys a new phone, they can sign in with their account. Then the new gadget will receive the settings that were installed on the old smartphone. The registration process in the system will be accelerated, since the creation of a new profile is not required.
When you might need to change your account
You may need to change the account on the iPhone if the gadget was purchased from another owner. You can change the current parameters if the registration was performed using Yandex or Mail. It is also necessary to change the parameters when the client has lost his smartphone or forgot his login data. In this case, you can block the old identifier and create a new one.
- It will not be possible to change Apple ID if the email address ends with @ maс.com, @ iCloud.com, or @ me.сom. It is prohibited to use such boxes in the system.
How to change Apple ID on iPhone
Every iPhone user is given an Apple ID account. It is required for in-app purchases, listening to music, downloading files, and chatting. But there are situations when the account needs to be changed. It is worth considering those cases when a profile change is required, as well as how to change Apple ID on iPhone.
Possible problems when changing a profile
When the owner tries to change his ID, he may have some problems. Most often, clients encounter such errors:
- Incorrect login or password. You should check the data again and then enter it again.
- Internet problems. If you cannot log out of the account, the system displays an error on the screen, you should check the network connection. To check if Wi-Fi is working, you can simply play the video online.
- Outdated version of iOS. Before changing your profile, you should check if the firmware version has been updated on your smartphone. If an error appears on the screen, the problem may be an outdated iOS, it should be updated.
If the problem with changing the account did not work out on their own, the user can contact the technical support department for help.
Profile change is necessary when data from the old account was forgotten or lost. The owner can change the account through a computer or gadget settings.
If the ID ends in.iCloud.com.me.com.mac.com
By changing the ID, you can specify both the mail address of third-party browsers (Google or Yandex) and mail with the ending @ iCloud.com, @ me.com or @ mac.com. As a result, the identifier will be changed and other people will see it during sharing operations.
If you turn on iCloud and select a mailbox with an ending at iCloud.com, it becomes an alias for authorization. And to find out, you need to log in, open the account section and click the “Change” button, hovering over the question mark icon next to the desired address. If a notification appears that “this is your Apple ID”, then this address is an alias.
How to Change Apple ID on iPhone or iPad
- Open the website www.Appleid.Apple.com and log in to it.
- In the account section, click the “Change” button.
- Under the current identifier, click the “Edit” button and select one of the addresses in the list that appears.
- Click the “Continue” button.
To replace your account via iTunes, you need to launch the app and open the Store. On the left side of the screen there will be a “Login” button. By clicking on it, we perform authorization in the system. After that, the menu will load, in which you need to select the “Account” option and on the information page select the “Edit” button.
Enter a new email address, password and click “Finish”. Now a letter with a link to confirm actions will be sent to the specified mail.
You can change Apple ID directly on your phone and it is not at all necessary to go through authorization on the official website of the company. And it is also important to understand that all documents and photos that are stored in your account will be saved. After all, many users are afraid to change their ID, as they are afraid of losing all information. Well, one more thing. a credit card number is optional when creating a new username to change an account.
How to change for iphone
To change your account on phones models 4s, 5s and older, you need:
1. Go to the App Store application.
In the quick links section, select your current Apple ID, as shown in the picture.
In the pop-up window, select the “Exit” button.
After that, we return to the section of quick links and now press the button “Enter”.
We select the option “With an existing ID” and perform authorization in the system by entering a username and password.
At this point, the account change can be considered successful. If the user has not yet created a new personal account, then it must be registered.
1. Open the App Store application and press the “Login” button.
In the pop-up menu, select “Create Apple ID”.
Select the current region and click “Next”.
The user agreement will be displayed on the screen, which must be accepted.
The registration form will open. We fill in the fields of date of birth, email address and password, ask security questions and give answers to them. At the end, click “next”.
On the next page, you need to specify the payment method by choosing a mobile phone or a bank card system. After filling in the fields, click “Next”.
A letter will be sent to the postal address indicated above with a link to confirm the created mailbox. You need to go to it, after which Apple ID will be created.
If the user even plans to “move” to a new identifier, which he does not plan to change in the future, then it would be rational to erase the old data and log in to the system with a new username and password.
To delete the data, you need to perform a factory reset. To do this, go to the main “Settings” and press the “Reset” button. In the new window, select the option “Erase content and settings”.
At the end of the procedure, a welcome window will load, in which you need to perform the initial configuration and enter, specifying new data.
How to change on a computer
It is not necessary to use a Mac OS computer to change the ID. You can also perform the procedure on Windows, because for this you need authorization on the Appleid.Apple.com account management page. Log in to it by specifying the current username and password.
Then select the section “Manage your name, ID and e-mail address” and opposite the line “Apple ID and main e-mail” you need to click the “Change” button as shown in the picture. Now we enter a new mailing address, click “Finish”. A letter will be sent to the specified email to confirm the changes.
Through the mail of a third-party system
If we change the identifier and at the same time a third-party email address was used for it, for example, Yandex or Google, then first we need to log out of all open accounts on other devices, except for the one on which the change will take place.
Starting with iOS 10 and later, you need to go to “Settings”, click on your account name and select the “Name, phone number, e-mail” section. Next to the subsection with contact information, you need to click “Change” and delete the current account. Then we click “Continue” and enter the mailing address that we want to use. Click “Next”. This change is done.
If we change Apple ID on the site, then you need to open the Appleid.Apple.com page and log in to the system. Go to the “Accounts” section and press the “Change” button. The “Edit” option will be located under the name of the current ID. Enter the identifier that we want to use and click “Continue”.
Important! If you’re using a new account that ends with @ iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com, you’ll be prompted to confirm. In this case, the address with such an extension will become the main one, and the mail of the third-party system will be additional and it will be impossible to change it.
After the change, the account must be confirmed by logging in again. This time, on the authorization page, enter a new email address and password, after which access to Apple services will be restored.
Let’s take a look at the three most common problems that happen when you change your account.
- Can’t change. It is important to understand that you can change the username to any other that has not been used before. If the current email has one of the Apple extensions, then the third-party email service can no longer be used. In addition, the delete email option will not be displayed either.
- You need to log in with a different ID. If the user needs to log into the account under a different ID without changing the configured email address, it is enough just to log out of the account and log in under the new data.
- The mail was entered incorrectly. If, when creating an account, the user made a mistake in the e-mail address, you need to log in to the system. Then go to the settings and edit the email, saving the changes.
Thus, there are several ways to change Apple ID, and the user can choose for himself which option suits him. It is important to remember that the new email address must be real, as it will receive an email to confirm actions.
Log in to iTunes by first connecting your iPhone to your personal computer or iPad. Then, after finding the name of the gadget in the list of devices connected to the service, go to the “Details” tab. After activating the “This computer” checkbox and clicking on the “Create a copy now” button, start the program that creates backups.
In Windows XP, the backup files will be saved at: \ Documents and Settings \ (username) \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ MobileSync \ Backup \, in Windows 7-10. in the \ Users \ (nickname or username) \ AppData folder \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ MobileSync \ Backup \.
After creating a backup copy, you need to reset your iPhone to factory settings using the automatic reset function of all information entered by the user himself. To do this, you need to activate the “Reset” command. It is located in the “General” submenu of the “Settings” menu.
Reset iPhone settings to factory settings
After activating the “Reset” command, a dialog box will appear on the display. Here you need to activate the “Erase” command. All information uploaded by the user will be deleted from the phone’s memory. If the dialog box was caused by mistake, you can cancel the deletion of content by clicking on the “Cancel” button.
Before handing over the iPhone to another user, the owner of the gadget must deactivate their iCloud account. For the operation to proceed correctly, do not manually delete files with photos, personal documentation, and contact information. Better to use the “Delete Account” command. You can activate the command from their “Settings” by first opening the “iCloud” folder.
Note! By manually deleting content, you can inadvertently erase your user profile data from Apple’s cloud service. This could result in the destruction of all personal information on all devices paired with the iCloud Internet service.
How to change Apple ID on iPhone
There will be no problems with replacing Apple ID with iPhone if the user is the mailbox holder on. Yandex or similar sites. You can change data in several ways: through a computer, iTunes, iPad and other electronic devices. If the phone is coordinated with the mail sites @ maс.com, @ me.сom or @ iCloud.com, it will be impossible to change the ID.
First you need to make sure that the given application is updated to the final version. The whole process consists of simple steps:
- After logging into the “Store”, go to the user page.
- Selecting “Account“, click on the menu line “Account Information”, and then. on “Edit”.
- In the field that opens, specify the email address with which the new ID will be associated.
- Wait for a letter with a link to activate a new account.
To save the new identification code, you need to confirm all the actions taken. The old code will be canceled.
In most cases, the need to change the identification number on the iPhone arises after purchasing a not new, already used phone. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Having found the App Store icon on the display, go to the corresponding folder and, going down to the bottom of the page, initiate the launch of the “Authorized Apple ID” command.
- Once in the new menu, click on “Exit”.
- Select Sign In and then With Existing Apple ID. Enter the data that should open an account.
Sometimes a message with a confirmation code comes from the Apple website on the iPhone.
Note! After responding to the letter from the developer, the user confirms that he really is the new owner of the device.
When creating a new Apple ID, you start by visiting the ID management page. Having logged in via e-mail and specifying the current password, the user gains access to the menu and creates a new account, sequentially following the steps of a simple step-by-step instruction:
- Open the “Manage name, ID and email” area.
- By looking in the secondary options menu, activate the “Apple ID and Primary Email” command.
- Click on “Change”. In the window that opens, specify the address of the new e-mail box. Wait until the letter arrives with instructions and a link to follow to complete the process.
- Complete the operation.
Open “Settings”, go to “iCloud”, find the column “Details” and, having found the item “Backup”, activate the command “Create a backup copy”. The backup files will be saved at: Libraries / Application Support / MobileSync / Backup /.
How to change iCloud account
There are two ways to sign out of an iCloud account on iPhone, but either way requires you to enter your password. When buying an iPhone off-hand, you need to ask the former owner to remove the account from the device. Otherwise, he will have to do it through the official website in his personal account. If you log out on the iPhone itself, you can use the following method.
A simple solution on how to change account on iPhone looks like this:
- At the top of the screen, click on Apple-ID or iCloud in the old version.
- In the window that appears, enter the password, click on “Off.”.
- The screen will display a list of applications for which the settings can be copied to your phone. To do this, set the sliders opposite them to the “Enabled” position. If removal is carried out irrevocably, move to the opposite position.
- To sign in to another account, reopen the Settings menu and select iCloud.
- At the top of the screen, select “Login to device”: either create a new account, or enter a ready.
- Enter the unlock code, after which it will be possible to combine the saved data from the old account with the new one. The selection method is the same as for copying.
Change account on iPhone
A phone account stores personal application settings and the owner’s personal information. The problem of how to change the account on the iPhone may arise when several people sell or use the gadget. To correctly change your account, you need to remember the authorization data and save important information before exiting.
An iPhone account stores a ton of useful information that only applies to the user. Therefore, it is useful to know how to delete your account from the device without leaving any “traces”. But if you want, you can copy some parameters to your phone for another account.
Removing Apple ID directly from your device
This method allows you to quickly remove Apple ID from any device (for example, iPhone) and use a new one.
- Go to the home screen in “Settings”;
- Select “iTunes Store, App Store” in the settings;
- In this control panel, click the “Apple ID:”
- After a sign with four inscriptions pops up on the screen:
- View Apple ID (View)
- Sign out
- iForgot (iForgot)
When we re-enter the same menu, we will see that the current Apple ID has been deleted, and we were able to enter another, or create a new one. I hope I was able to tell you about something new and useful! Good luck!
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Correcting data in iTunes settings
This manipulation is similar to the previous method, but some differences are worth noting. So:
- Open the iTunes Store app and go to your account;
- We select “Account Information”. All information about the account will appear in front of us. Depending on the goals pursued, the settings can be changed as you like.
- If we plan to use an existing mailbox without deleting an account, or create a new one with old data (bank card, name, surname, etc.), we simply change the current e-mail to another, real one (otherwise it will not be possible to confirm the changes).
In addition, you can delete devices linked to your account in the settings. All at once, or each separately. To do this, in the “Account Information”, you must click the “Deauthorize All” button, or “Delete” opposite the name of the device, the binding of which we want to unlink.
Removing a working Apple ID
From the moment I created my Apple ID, I have not had any thoughts to delete it or create a new one. But since the people demand, it was decided to write this article and share their knowledge in this area.
Correcting e-mail on the Apple ID management page
If you want to get almost the same result, but now, you can use the method of “freezing” Apple ID by changing the mail name. Step by step it looks like this:
- We go to the official Apple website;
- We hammer “Apple ID” in the search engine;
- Click “Manage Apple ID”;
- We open an account (all information is located here: name, main address, alternative addresses in case the account password is lost);
- Change the current e-mail (for example, add three numbers between the first three letters). All three circles that appear during the change should be green.
- Save changes.
The Apple ID is now tied to a new, non-existent address. The old one can be used to create a new account. This five minute process demonstrates the following video.
Disable or limit in-app purchases on iPhone
Apple ID password recovery
Removal through contacting the tech. support
This method is the only one that permanently deletes Apple ID, i.e. in the future you will not be able to restore it using the same e-mail. The other three methods only suspend the action, and do not delete the account, although in general the result is almost the same, nevertheless it is up to you to decide which one is best for your particular case.
So! What steps need to be taken to permanently and irrevocably remove? Let’s follow it below:
- In order to remove Apple ID, go to the official website in Support;
- In the form that opens, fill in the fields (“required”. required). We write the request in English. If knowledge of the language does not allow you to write a letter yourself, we create an appeal with the help of any online translator. Text created in this way, as a rule, is not a reason for refusal.
- in the line “Email address”. be sure to indicate the email from which the Apple ID was created.
- in the line “Subject”. we write about the desire to delete the account.
- in the line “Comment”. indicate the reasons for deletion.
After a certain time (from a week to a month), a letter from the technical support service will be sent to the mail. It will contain a link confirming the deletion of the account. You need to go to it and delete your account without the ability to create a new one using your old mail.
Wipe Apple ID completely
There can be several reasons for permanently deleting Apple ID, most often it is connected with the user’s desire to clear his “history” on Apple servers and create a new account. What will be deleted in this case?
- All personal data about the user without the possibility of recovery;
- All purchases in iTunes, App Store and other Apple services are non-recoverable;
- All data from the cloud service iCloud without the possibility of recovery.
How to Remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID to iCloud Remotely
Go to iCloud.com from a computer and log in with the Apple ID and password of the iPhone or iPad owner;
Select the “Find iPhone” section. Click on the All devices button at the top of the screen. a list of devices linked to this account will appear, select the one you need;
If the device is offline, click Remove from Find iPhone.
If the device is online. in the window that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone”. Confirm the deletion and complete the procedure by clicking “Remove from account”.
How to completely remove an Apple ID
To do this, you need to go to the special section of the Apple website dedicated to data privacy, log in with your Aplpe ID and answer security questions, select the “Delete account” item and start the process.
There are a few simple steps here, such as: specifying the reason for deleting an account, confirming that you have read the terms and conditions for deleting, entering an email address to receive information on the procedure.
This is followed by an important point. a 12-digit code will be generated, which will remain the only way for the user to confirm his identity if he changes his mind to delete the account. The procedure itself takes up to seven days, which are required by the support service to confirm the legality of the request, after which the user will receive a notification to the specified E-mail or phone number.
How to remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID in iCloud if you have the device in your hands
When you sign out of Apple ID on a mobile device, iOS will ask you to delete data, while you can leave some of them (for example, Contacts and Notes) or not delete anything at all, saving all the content on the gadget. It is important to understand that we are talking only about the information that is stored on the built-in physical storage, while most users additionally synchronize Photos, Contacts, Messages and other data with the iCloud cloud. This allows you to completely erase and unlink your iPhone from your Apple ID, and then easily and quickly restore all content to another device.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (at the very top where your first and last name are listed).
In the latest versions of iOS, the user is offered three options for logging out of the Apple ID account:
- Sign out of iCloud and the Store. completely decouple Apple ID from the device;
- Exit the Store. iCloud sync is still working, apps from the App Store, for example, can be installed from another account;
- Signing out of iCloud. on the contrary, leaves the user with the current Apple ID in iTunes (App Store, Apple Music, etc.), but disconnects the device from the cloud service.
In the pop-up window that appears, select “Sign out of iCloud and Store” if you need to sign out of iCloud (unlink the device) and services from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, etc. Or the item “Log out of iCloud”, if you just need to unlink the device from iCloud.
Enter the password to disable Find My iPhone and tap Off.
Now go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings.
After entering the password, click “Erase [device]”.
After completing the above steps, the iOS device will be removed (untethered) from iCloud with the activation lock turned off (Find iPhone, Activation Lock). In addition, the iPhone or iPad will be reset to factory settings, deleting all data.
Why remove Apple ID?
In fact, by “removing Apple ID” most users mean decoupling the identifier from a specific device. For example, when buying or selling an iPhone or iPad, so that the new owner does not get access to correspondence in iMessage, personal photos, contact list and in order to avoid problems in the future when using the device directly, it is necessary to unlink the iPhone or iPad from iCloud (delete Apple ID) and disable activation lock (Find iPhone, Activation Lock).
Another common case is the use of content from one account by multiple users. For example, there is a “corporate” Apple ID for which the necessary set of content is purchased (applications from the App Store, books in iBooks, Apple Music subscription, whatever), and ordinary employees at the right time (for example, to install updates) leave their personal Apple ID accounts and are authorized under the “corporate”.
However, there are also cases when Apple ID needs to be deleted irrevocably. The ability to do this without directly contacting Apple technical support appeared only recently, and at the end of this article we will talk about how to completely destroy all data about yourself stored on the company’s servers.
Remove iCloud (Apple ID), or how to unlink iPhone or iPad from Apple account?
As you know, in all its devices and services, Apple uses a single user identification system, which requires the latter to authorize via Apple ID to perform important actions. buying and downloading content, managing confidential data and settings, etc. At the same time, many owners of iOS devices and Macs often face the need to unlink or completely remove Apple ID.
How to check if there are unfamiliar devices associated with your Apple ID account
To make sure that there are no devices that do not belong to you linked to your Apple ID account (perhaps they are tracking you), do the following.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (where your first and last name appears).
You will see a list of devices that are also tied to the Apple ID that you are using.
Select an unfamiliar device that does not belong to you.
Click “Remove from Account” and then “Remove”.
Change your Apple ID password immediately by:
- launch the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section.
- select Password & Security, and then click Change Password.
- Change your password. You can learn more about Apple ID password requirements in this article. And how to come up with complex passwords and never forget them, we talked here.