How to change app icons on iPhone and iPad without jailbreak
IPhone and iPad users who have missed jailbreak are happy with any, even the smallest, possibility of modifying the iOS interface. If you are one of these users, you will be extremely happy about the new way to install original third-party themes on an iOS device without jailbreak, which will be discussed in this tutorial.
How to change app icons on iPhone and iPad without jailbreak
Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to iSkin.TooliPhone.net
Find the link “Browse all themes” on the page and follow it
Select from the list the theme you like that you want to install on your device. You can sort topics by popularity, newness and other criteria
Scroll down the page that opens and follow the link “Application icons”. the number of icons available in this theme will be indicated in brackets
Once on the page with the list of icons, rename the icons you like to the names of the applications to which you want to assign new icons. Important. make sure that the names are spelled correctly, otherwise the applications will not start After all the icons are renamed (and you can use them in unlimited quantities), click “Install icons” Ten seconds later you will see the settings menu with a window for installing a new profile Click “Install” and confirm the installation Return to the home screen. your new icons will be waiting for you on the last page. Now you just need to move them to the desired places, and collect the standard icons in some folder
As you may have noticed, this method does not replace application icons with others, it duplicates them. And the duplicates obtained at the output are nothing more than ordinary links that redirect the Safari browser to the application you specified. Here’s a simple yet elegant solution. Important: despite the fact that we are talking about links, the Internet is not required to run applications, respectively, and there is no traffic consumption either.
How to remove created application icons from the device
Go to the menu “Settings” → “General”
Select the profile you created earlier (next to its name there will be a note “iSkin, by TooLiPhoNe.NeT”)
Click “Delete profile” and confirm deletion
All alternative icons you have created will be removed from the device and you just have to put the standard applications in their places. By the way, this can be done in automatic mode. read more about this in this manual.
Point three. a photo on the home screen of iOS 14
How to Add Selected Photo via Widgetsmith to iOS 14 Home Screen
- Download Widgetsmith.
- Open the application, click “Add Widget”.
- We tap on the widget, then on the center of the opened widget.
- Scroll down, look for “Add photo”.
- Tap on the photo, choose the one you want. Please note that you need to allow access to photos.
- Save the widget.
- Go to the main screen, long press on an empty area, make the applications shake.
- Click on the plus in the upper left corner.
- In the list, select the Widgetsmith application.
- Add the desired widget.
- We save.
It may be that the widget will not immediately display the photo. In order to fix this, you just need to edit it by clicking on the widget and choosing your saved widget. Therefore, it is better to give original names to your widgets created in Widgetsmith.
How to style the home screen on iOS 14. widgets, themes and app icons
After the release of iOS 14, many users became interested in the personal design of the home screen: the # ios14homescreen challenge even began on social networks, where fans of creativity demonstrate their main screens.
We decided to tell you in detail how to design the home screen in iOS 14, customize widgets and application icons in a single theme at your discretion.
What applications do you need?
In order to beautifully design the home screen of your iPhone on iOS 14, you will need either the standard Quick Commands app or Widgetsmith. You can also use any other applications that provide access to widgets. For example, you can use the Apple Music widget to add a selection of your favorite music to your home screen.
Everything is at your discretion. The main rule of design is your needs and taste. And do not forget that it is better not to overload the main screen with a lot of everything, otherwise it will be simply inconvenient for you to use it.
Point two. application shortcuts
App shortcuts are the second thing to look out for if you want to style your home screen beautifully in iOS 14.
There are many design options:
- some users simply sort applications by the colors of standard icons and form a beautiful external picture from what they have;
- others use workarounds and change application icons to customize them for a specific topic / fandom;
- some even remove all applications from the home screen and use only the application library.
Which option to choose. see for yourself. I will only say that in the instructions that we will provide below there are several nuances and you better know them before you spend 2 hours on registration.
Why creating beautiful app shortcuts on iOS 14 can be awkward:
- Not receiving notifications. If you’re going to customize pretty shortcuts, you have to come to terms with the fact that you will not have notifications on top (message counting). There is a way out of this: you can replace it with beautiful application icons that do not send notifications. a clock, a calculator, a locator, settings, a wallet. To be honest, such a minus. For example, I like it even better when there is no red circle with numbers above the beautiful icon. Live more peacefully until you enter the application.
- Delay in opening. There is such a problem that when you click on a shortcut, you are first thrown into “Quick Commands”, and only then into the application itself. It’s only for a split second, but a lot of people get mad at this delay.
How to style your iOS 14 app shortcut beautifully
Well, if you’ve already made up your mind, let’s talk about how to beautifully design the home screen in iOS 14.
- Go to the “Quick Commands” application. It’s standard, so you don’t need to download anything.
- Click on “Add a new command”.
- Next, we open three points from above.
- Required. “Add to Home Screen”.
- We name the team whatever we want, you can even use Emoji.
- Next, tap on the icon, upload your photo.
- Save the quick command.
- We return to the working screen, move the icon where we need.
Do not forget to submit original applications to the library so that they do not get confused with your design.
Point one. widgets
Widgets can be added to the home screen with a long press on any empty area of the home screen.
- Click on the plus sign at the top left.
- Choosing to add a widget.
- Adjust the size.
- We place on the main screen.
- Click ready.
Everything is very simple, the main thing is to clearly define what and where you want to place.
How to add Smart stack to iOS 14 home screen:
- Click on the plus on the left.
- Choosing to add a Smart stack.
- We place on the screen.
- We save.
Smart pile will display up-to-date information throughout the day. Smart stack includes slides from your photos, notes, calendar and weather as standard.
Please note that there are several nuances in working with widgets:
- If you work with Widgetsmith, widgets need to be configured directly in it and saved.
- Also, Widgetsmith is not completely free program, many of the functions related to widgets are not available in it.
- The built-in Photos widget does not allow you to select a photo that can be placed on the desktop.
- Widgetsmith prevents Smart stacks from being generated. This is the advantage of only native Apple widgets.
The iOS 14 software update allows you to completely customize the look of your home screen: add photos, customize widgets, Smart stocks, make beautiful app icons, and so on. For many creative lovers with plenty of free time, this is the perfect way to express themselves and participate in the # ios14homescreen challenge.
We hope that our instructions were useful to you. Share your impressions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев and post photos of your designed iOS 14 home screens!
Linking new icloud data to iPhone instead of old
In the case when the internal mail address was used when logging into the account, it will not be possible for third parties to change it. If you need to replace it with an authorized version, you will need to go to your account page and click the edit function. A window of contact information will open with a pseudonym for entering the record, where you can enter a new mail.
The same result can be achieved in the following way:
- Visit the AppleID page on the official website and enter your login information on it.
- Select the “Change” function in your account settings.
- Next to your Apple ID, choose to edit it.
- Enter a new email address and click on “Continue”.
Advice! If you plan to change mail created in the last month, the system may prompt you to perform this action later.
To confirm the new ID, a letter with a verification code is sent to it. It should be entered into the body of the corresponding field on the phone, after which the identifier will be updated.
Some personal information may change over the course of using the iPhone. On devices with iOS 10.3 and higher, you can change them according to the following instructions.
- Go to settings, select “Email”, “Name” or “Phone number”.
- Click “Change” next to the option “Contact information”.
- Enter new data and confirm your actions by clicking on “Next”.
Important! The next time you log into your account, you can forget about the old data. You only need a new username and password.
How to Change iCloud on iPhone Before Selling
Before the iPhone goes to the new owner, you need to erase your personal information from it.
Advice! Do not manually delete contacts, photos, or other files when you are not logged out of your account. This will lead to their final loss.
Pre-sale preparation of the phone implies the following actions related to icloud.
- If your phone pairs with Apple Watch, you need to unpair it.
- Back up your data.
- Exit icloud, app store and iTunes.
- Return to settings, find General. Reset. Erase content. If the “Find iPhone” function is activated, you may need to enter an additional username and password from the account.
- If you do not plan to continue using Apple technology, you should deregister in iMessage.
- Contact the operator in order to transfer the rights of services to the new owner of the phone.
Configuring iCloud Settings on iPhone
You can either change iCloud on iPhone 6 plus and other models, or customize it. At the same time, for its correct operation, it is necessary that the phone meets the minimum system requirements, which can be found on the official website.
Next, you should make sure that the device has the latest version of the operating system. This is done through the phone settings. The option “Basic” is selected, where the update of the operating system is confirmed. If the latest software is installed on the smartphone, this will be confirmed by the notification that opens. And the installation of the new version will begin, if it has not been done before.
Advice! You can set up one account on several Apple devices to synchronize data.
How to change iCloud on iPhone. instructions for changing account
The question of how to change iCloud to iPhone may not bother users for a long time. The phone works as usual, there are no problems, so why delve into its settings? In reality, there are many reasons for replacing iCloud, as well as ways to do it.
How to Change iCloud to iPhone for Security
Before changing the iPhone iCloud, you need to know in what cases it needs to be done. And there may be several of them:
- Before selling your iPhone se, 6s and other models.
- If your iCloud password or your Apple ID has become known to third parties.
- Planning to purchase a new or used phone.
- If there is a desire to change something or start life “from scratch”.
Important! The proposed method is relevant only for those who know their old password from icloud.
Changing the icloud is the most preferable to increase the security of your phone, since it is tied to the functions “Find iPhone”, iCloud Drive, backups and many others.
To replace it, you must follow the points:
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Among all the options, find iCloud and go into it.
- Go down to the bottom of the screen and click “Exit”.
- A warning will appear stating that when you exit, all photos stored on the icloud will be deleted from the phone. Do not panic, they will all be in the cloud and you can access them on the official iCloud website. Therefore, we must agree and follow on.
- A second warning appears that notes from the icloud will be deleted from the phone. This is worth considering for those people who actively use notes and have not synchronized them with a PC or the cloud. It is also worth remembering here that access to them will always be open through the site.
- Next, you need to decide what to do with contacts, calendars, reminders and other data. It is best to leave them on your phone.
- A window for entering a password from the old icloud opens. Lead him.
- The final step is to enter a new username and password for your account.
How to change iCloud on iPhone
If several devices are linked by one account or there is another reason to change iCloud, there are a number of steps to go through. Namely:
- Go to phone settings, find iCloud option.
- Go to the bottom of the page where the exit button will be. Click on it and confirm your action.
- This is followed by the question of what to do with the available data. If you are not worried about this before changing to iPhone iCloud, you can select the “Leave on device” option.
- Enter the password of the previous entry.
- Go to the phone settings, find the iCloud option, and then enter the new data.
Advice! If the procedure is carried out on smartphones with the operating system iOS 7 and below, you need to know that instead of logging out, you choose to delete the account.
How to change iCloud account on macOS
Often questions arise not only how to change iCloud on the iPhone, but also how to do it on macOS. First of all, you should make sure that the latest version of the operating system is installed on your computer. To do this, go to the Apple menu, select the “About This Mac” option and only then click on the “Software Update” button.
If your computer has a version of Mojave or lower, then to check for the update, you must select the App Store button. After being logged in, the icloud function is automatically activated.
To check the settings on macOS, the user will need to visit the system settings and only then click on the Apple ID button. If your computer supports Mojave or an earlier version of the operating system, select “iCloud” to click. After this step, the user can opt for iCloud Drive, notes, photos or third-party programs in order for them to enter iCloud.
Thinking about changing or leaving icloud is before selling the iPhone, in order to increase the security of personal data, as well as to disconnect the network from several devices. In fact, there can be many more reasons, so every Apple user should know how to do this. The procedure does not take much time, and when studying the instructions and recommendations, it will seem completely simple.
iOS 14: How to Change App Icons on iPhone?
The whole boom has begun with the change of application icons on the iPhone desktop with iOS 14. People’s creativity just rolls over.
Absolutely everyone can do this if you know exactly how to change the icons. Let’s take a quick look at the process.
How to change app icons on iOS 14?
Before we move on to the instructions, you just have to know a couple of nuances that can change your opinion.
Firstly, the launch of programs will take a second longer, since this is not done directly, but through another program.
Secondly, look for icons with a.png resolution so that everything is as beautiful as possible.
Third, place all new shortcuts on a separate desktop. The rest can simply be deleted for a while (How to remove the iOS 14 desktops?).
- install the Commands application (here is a link);
- running it, on the My commands tab, click the upper Plus;
- now Add actions;
- we write in the search Open application and select an action with the exact same name;
- then click Select and tap on the desired program from the list;
- on the top right we see the Three dots button, press it;
- write the name of the application and then Add to Home screen;
- click on the icon below;
- from the context menu, select Select file or Select photo;
- tap on the desired photo and then Add.
Thus, you can change absolutely all icons and, most importantly, put absolutely any photos or pictures.
To be honest, due to the one-second start-up delay, such a desktop is a pleasure only visually.
How to change application icons
Those who want to change the interface of their smartphone will be delighted with the Teams app. With their help, the user will be able to change the application icons if their standard appearance has already become boring.
How to do it? The process itself will not take much time. Step-by-step instruction:
- First, you need to go to the Teams app;
- Secondly, you need to click on the “” icon and then “Add action”;
- Thirdly, a search bar will appear in front of you, where you need to enter “Open application”;
- Fourth, choose the program, the icon on which you want to change;
- At the top on the right side there will be three dots on which you should click, and then write the name of the team and add to the home screen.
- In the window that appears, you need to click on the icon image and select the desired file.
In other words, the same sequence can be carried out with any application, and as a result, the smartphone seems to be completely transformed. This is important for those who are tired of looking at the same thing every day, and there is a desire to embellish something.
How the Teams app works
After that Apple noticed interest in this application and bought it in 2017, and also made it completely free.
If your iPhone has updated to iOS 12, and you have installed this application, then the Teams will arrive as an update.
You can launch and work with the Commands application either manually or using Siri, a voice assistant.
When you enter the application, the first thing that catches your eye is two large, main sections:
- Library. here are the created and loaded ready-made scripts.
- Gallery. where you can search and add different scripts.
Many people will find this update very convenient, because now the phone can be customized even more.
How to install the Teams app
With the help of such a function, great opportunities open up before the user, thanks to which you can significantly save time. To clarify how to use, read the article at the link.
How to change icons on iPhone using commands
Smartphones open up a huge number of different possibilities for us. And if many get used to the stable appearance of the interface, and do not even update the phone with the release of a new shell, others are just waiting for the update with new “buns”. This happened in iOS 12 with the advent of such a “chip” as Teams. Apple decided to make changes to the interface familiar to everyone, and added the ability to change application icons on iPhone with iOS 14.
Download and run the Shortcuts app
Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner
Click on the ‘Add action’ button
In the search box, write ‘Open app’
Scroll to ‘Open App’ and tap on it
Now you will get access to a list of all applications installed on your device.
Find the app you want and click on it
Click on the 3 dots in the corner of the app
You can also change the name. Fear not, the changes will only apply to the app’s shortcut, not to the app itself.
Click on ‘Add to Home Screen’
Click ‘Choose Photo’
You can choose any photo from your gallery
Crop the photo to fit, then click on ‘Choose’ in the bottom right corner
Click on ‘Add’ in the upper right corner
Check the icon on the Home screen
How to change app icons in iOS 14
And while the latest iOS 14 update added a lot of new customization options, the iPhone still lacks the ability to change standard app icons to custom ones. Fortunately, there is a little trick that will allow you to do this even without a jailbreak.
What to do with the original icon on the Home screen
You can remove the icon to the application library, this way it will be hidden, and the application will still work quietly. And you can get access to it using the previously created shortcut.
Find the original icon, press and hold
Thanks to this, now there will be only one icon with your application on the Home screen.
Is it possible to avoid opening the Teams app
Is it possible to avoid opening the Commands app every time you click on the app icon? NOT. Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of this, since the launch of the application goes to the Commands application (the application launches another application).
However, you can reduce the time it takes to open apps by following our instructions below.
How to change icons in iOS 14
Instead of replacing all system icons, which would require intervention in the OS, you can download the Shortcuts application, in which you can create shortcuts for other applications. In addition, you can customize the shortcuts themselves by changing the name and icon. The only drawback is the fact that when you click on such an icon, Shortcuts will first open, and only then the application itself will open. Perhaps this option will not work for you, but unfortunately at the moment this is the only solution to this problem.
Instructions on how to change icons in iOS 14 on any iPhone
First of all, go to the “Commands” application. I deleted it in due time, so I had to download it again from the App Store.
We poke on the plus, then on “Add action”, and then on the icon “Scripts”.
Scroll to the item “Open application”, select and, according to the logic, select the program we need. Let’s say it will be “Calendar”.
We will be thrown to the main screen, where the team will be created. In the upper right corner, click on three dots.
We indicate the name of the team (any, for convenience) and click on “Add to home screen”. In the window that opens, indicate the name of the command. For example, for the Photos app, this would be Photos. Next, next to it we poke on the command icon highlighted by the frame and in the drop-down menu we poke on “Select photo”.
Next, select any photo from the Gallery and click the “Add” button in the upper right corner, followed by “Finish”.
For the rest of the icons, you don’t have to start all over again. We go to “Commands”, in the upper right corner, click on “Select”, poke at any created command and at the very bottom select “Duplicate”.
Click on three dots in the corner of the newly created copy of the “shortcut” and set up a new icon according to the algorithm we already know.
How to change icons and theme on iOS 14
Users have unearthed how to change the standard icons to any other using the standard iOS 14 tools. over, you can create an absolutely system design: for Windows 95 or forget about the Renaissance theme. Further instructions on how to quickly and without installing additional software change icons in iOS 14 and create your own widgets.
A little disclaimer. Hand-crafted icons will not be really applications. These are quick commands that iOS has been supporting for a couple of years now. Accordingly, with each tap on the custom icon, the iPhone will first enter the “Commands” application and only then redirect you to the desired program. Inconvenience? Perhaps yes. But so far it only works like this.
How to create custom widgets in iOS 14?
Built-in capabilities are lacking. For example, the Photos app widget always displays the same photo. over, the choice of the widget is very strange and difficult to explain.
So in order to create your own widget (in general, any, not just for photos), you need to install the Widgetsmith application from the App Store. It is paid, but the free version is enough to get acquainted with the possibilities.
We go into the application and select, for example, Small # 1. At the very top, rename it to your liking.
Next, select a picture in the “Default Widget” window. Scroll down to “Photo” and select this item. Further below we find the “Selected Photo” tab. Then we tap on “Choose Photo”, select a photo and save the result.
Now, when adding a widget to the desktop, you can select the widgets pre-created in Widgetsmith. If you pay the developer money, additional opportunities will open up. I was greedy, left it as it is.
How to set video instead of wallpaper
To use the video as wallpaper, you need to download a special application from the App Store. intoLive. Then the video is added to the iPhone using the capabilities of “assistants”: Dropbox, iCloud Drive or iTunes. The intoLive program has a “Video” tab (in the main menu). You need to open the downloaded file and edit it. To set the video image, through the settings, select “Live Photos”.
The plugin is famous for its large database of high quality images for the iPhone. There are not ordinary images here, but those created by high-class designers. Pictures are divided into groups. depending on the mood, season, author. The difference between Vellum is the blurred background option. The program is updated daily, but you need a subscription to access all the drawings. Pictures can be replaced at any time with new ones, just upload images.
This is more than the usual collection of interesting photos for the iPhone. The clarity program is also a photo editor, where full-fledged work with images is possible: viewing, adjusting, adding effects. The result is a unique background.
How to set up auto change of pictures on the phone screen
The iPhone can automatically change images. using a special command. For example, if you want to remove a boring picture, and such a desire arises often. Thanks to the auto change, the background will change on its own every day. For example, a new tattoo may be shown on the screen every day. why not?
- Download a special program from the App Store. Quick Commands, Randomize Wallpaper.
- Go to the settings, find the corresponding inscription and click on the “Unreliable commands” switch in the “Secure exchange” section. You will need a passcode to confirm.
- In the “Photos” application, create a separate folder. move there the images that you want to set as a background.
- Go to the command settings and designate the folder from where the iPhone will pull up the wallpaper (as well as designate the desired images).
- In the program “Teams” enable “Automation”.
On iPhone 6S and above, not only static images are supported, but also animated ones. They are also called “alive”. The picture not only moves, but also changes taking into account touches or changes in the position of the phone. With the help of applications, you can create such wallpaper with video, GIF or multiple photos.
To set such an animated background, they use Live Photos and launch the pictures through the Photos program. The options offer the placement of screensavers, Live Photos and perspectives on a smartphone.
The guide below will help you understand how to set live wallpapers on your iPhone screensaver and desktop.
For frequent changing screensavers, special applications are convenient to use. there are many of them in the App Store. Some have a drawback. an abundance of ads if the non-premium version is used. But there are iPhone apps that users like more. they are easy to find with high ratings.
The principle of setting wallpaper using such plugins on the iPhone is similar:
- Open, select the desired picture.
- Click on the inscription “Install”.
What Apple Changed in Workflow
Almost nothing. Either the application seemed to the Cupertinians as a finished finished product, or no one wanted to invest in the refinement and development of the service, but the Teams application looks and works the same way as its predecessor, Workflow, did.
Perhaps this is for the best, the application interface and operating principles have been preserved, Workflow users will not have to retrain, and a large ready-made base of automation scripts has not gone anywhere.
After updating to iOS 12, if the Workflow application was installed on the device, the Teams application will arrive as an update for it
In fact, the developers made two main changes: they localized the service (the Russian language finally appeared) and added the ability to interact with Siri.
The first innovation will significantly expand the audience of users of the service, and the second will allow you to seriously pump the voice assistant.
Where did this app come from?
A few years ago, third-party developers introduced the same Workflow automation application in the App Store. The feature of the program was the ability to independently create simple automation scripts.
In addition, the program had a large base of ready-made examples and templates that could be downloaded in one click and made edits if necessary.
A large community of fans has gathered around Workflow and Apple has taken notice of this. Cupertinos purchased the app in early 2017, making it free.
A year later, they decided to integrate the program into iOS, allowing users to automate certain processes. Automator on macOS is, of course, still very far away, but the first step in this direction has been taken.
Found the main feature of iOS 12. How to use the Teams application
One of the most important differences between iOS 12 and previous versions of Apple’s mobile operating system is the availability of tools for automating routine actions.
Previously, Cupertino never paid attention to such chips and could be automated only within the framework allowed for application developers. Even so, useful and interesting services for automation periodically appeared.
It should be noted such iconic applications and services in this niche:
- Launch Center Pro. performing certain actions in a couple of clicks;
- IFTTT. cross-platform service with the ability to connect social networks;
- Workflow. an application with basic automation scripts on iOS.
Now the iPhone has its own automation tool, which can be controlled in the Teams application.
Where to begin
First of all, we recommend opening the Gallery section. Several hundred ready-made and useful automation scripts have already been collected here.
All of them are divided into groups and have a small description.
So you can understand what a particular script is doing, if you need to load it yourself.
When you open the scenario card, you will see the applications involved, and when you click the Show actions button, the work algorithm will be displayed.
After you have found and added a couple of your favorite scripts, you can go to the Library tab to customize them or create your own.
Any added automation script can be customized for yourself, for this we click the icon with three dots.
The script looks like connected blocks with actions that fire one after the other from top to bottom. Actions can be automatic or require user intervention.
In the first case, a certain process will occur, and in the second, the user will see a dialog box with the need to confirm or select something.
For clarity, you can run the script here and see all the steps of its execution.
When you figure out how ready-made scripts work, you can try to create your own.
Do not forget that scripts can be renamed and icons for them can be changed.
To do this, open any card, go to the settings menu and set the desired name. In the Icon section, you can change the icon and color of the background, you can even select a photo from the gallery as a pictogram.
How to run added scripts
The scripts from the Library section can be run in several ways.
How To Change App Icons On Any iPhone!
The most obvious and inconvenient way. Was it worth venturing with automation to run scripts from a specific program?
A strong press on the Commands application icon will open a menu with four scripts, clicking on which will launch them. In order for certain scripts to be included in the menu, they should be placed at the top of the list in the application.
In the menu with widgets, you can mark the Quick commands application for easy launching of scripts.
After that, automation can be launched from the widget menu or directly from the locked screen. In the shortened version, the widget displays four scenarios, and in the extended version, almost all the added cards.
Please note that the Customize button in Quick Commands will allow you to move cards or hide them from the widget without removing the script from the application.
Any script can be added to the desktop as an icon. To do this, you need to go to edit mode, open the script settings and select Add to Home Screen.
All that remains is to save the shortcut from the Share menu.
The icon will be displayed on the home screen, you can place it in a folder, move it to any place or delete it altogether.
The main difference between the Teams app and its predecessor is its tight integration with the voice assistant.
To run any command, you can record your phrase and Siri will activate the script after saying it.
You need to go to the script settings, open its parameters and select Add for Siri.
Now you need to write down the phrase to activate the script.
The phrase may be completely unrelated to the action and its name.
In the future, you can manage the phrases added for commands in the Settings. Siri and Search. My shortcuts menu.
This is how the main innovation of iOS 12 looks like, which allows you to automate some actions on the iPhone or iPad.
If the automation topic seems interesting to you, I will collect the most useful scripts from the Commands application gallery and tell you in detail about creating your own scripts.
How the Commands app differs from Siri Shortcuts
Siri shortcuts (Siri Shortcuts) were available to all users of test versions of iOS 12. The section was displayed in the settings of the voice assistant and allowed you to set your voice command for frequent actions for some standard applications.
The problem was that the system itself chose 2-3 actions for applications that were performed most often and allowed you to set a command on them.
To add the desired action, you had to repeat it many times and hope that it will appear in the menu. Not so convenient.
The Commands application is a separate automation tool, one of the capabilities of which is integration with a voice assistant.
Now the Quick Commands section (Settings. Siri and Search) has remained in its place in the system settings and works the same way, and the application allows you to independently configure automation scripts.
What to do with the original app icon?
If you already had an app on your home screen, it will now display two separate icons for it. Just remove the original icon by moving it to the Application Library. Hold your finger on the icon, select “Delete application” and in the pop-up window, click “Move to application library”. the original icon will disappear.
How to create themes for iPhone and iPad: how to change app icons in iOS 14 without jailbreak
The new operating system iOS 14 has become a huge news feed on the Internet, forcing many to turn their attention to Apple again. Soon after the release of the update, an unexpected trend started in the open. to completely change the design of the iPhone home screen. The number of tweets has already exceeded 200 thousand, in just one week. To do this, you need the Teams application, which is already on your smartphone, and literally a few minutes of time, after which the standard application icons will be transformed beyond recognition. The method is very simple, completely official and, most importantly, does not require any jailbreak.
Note: “Commands” may seem like a tricky application to understand as it allows you to create multi-step processes to automatically perform a wide range of Spectra actions, but in this case the command includes only one basic component.
What you need to know before starting customization
The method has one important detail, which is also the main snag. When you click on the icon for an application created through Commands, it will first open the Commands application itself, and then the application for which the shortcut is intended. As a result, an extra second is added to the startup process, which is slightly slower than usual. “Commands” will open every time before starting the application. Nothing here can be accelerated or reconfigured in a different way.
In addition, such icons do not support notification stickers, and if you want to change absolutely all icons of frequently used applications, then it will take you much more time. half an hour, an hour, five hours, or at least the whole day. Of course, it all depends on the number of apps and the desire to stand out. You decide.
How to change app icons in iOS 14
With the help of the trick, you can use any photo or a ready-made icon, and set it as an icon for any application, including Apple branded services. You can even use a third-party font when typing an app name for the Home screen. It is also worth noting that the method also works on the iPad (if desired).
- Launch the Commands app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “New command” button (icon “”) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Add Action” button.
- In the directory that opens, find the “Open Application” action and click on it. An action will appear in the command.
- In the command editor, click on the “Select” option inside the script. A list of all applications on your device will open.
- Select the app for which you want to change the icon.
- Click on the button with three dots in the upper right corner.
- In the “Details” menu that opens, name the command and select “Add to Home Screen”.
- On the browsing screen, change the icon by selecting a file, a photo from the gallery, or by taking a photo.
- In the text box, rename the app as you want it to appear on the iPhone home screen.
- Click on the “Add” button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the “Finish” button in the upper right corner.
- The label has been created! Go back to your home screen and check.
Examples of design options
Netizens have collected dozens of interesting, strange and very unusual home screen designs. Some play nostalgia by repeating the skeuomorphism of iOS 6, some subtly make up the aesthetics of icons and widgets based on color or architectural forms, others copy the styles of popular TV shows and games. In general, see and evaluate for yourself! What happened to you?
How to Customize App Icons on iPhone (iOS 14) | Kayla’s World