Hardware zeroing method
You can also reset the MFP in hardware. To do this, proceed as follows.
- After the message “Replace toner” appears on the MFP display, pull the cartridge out of the device.
- On the starter cartridge, you will see a black plug with a small stop, which must be cut off with a knife.
- The next step is to remove the spring from the flag.
- Do not throw away the spring. You will install it if you want to change the starter cartridge for a purchased one.
- Next, insert the cartridge into the device, unhook the lever and hide it (drown it) in the MFP case.
- Using a match or a screwdriver, you need to press the sensor on the right, which is responsible for the closed cover.
- When you hear the mechanics work, press 2 times on the flag with a screwdriver. It is necessary to press so that you can make 2 clicks within 4 seconds. If unsuccessful, you can try again.
- After the counter has been successfully reset, you will see an inscription on the screen (see photo below).
- Now you need to print a test page that contains information about the status of the toner and drum unit. To do this, press the Menu key, select Device Information and User Preferences. Confirm your choice by pressing the “Start” button.
- If you did everything correctly, a test page will print.
At this stage, the MFP can be considered completely ready for work.
Let’s look at how to reset the counters for Brother HL-1110R, HL-1112R, DCP-1510R, DCP-1512R, MFC-1810R, MFC-1815R printers. These models use one cartridge, TN-1075, so the toner and drum counters are reset in the same way.
So, if in the printer brother appeared the inscription: “Change toner”, then proceed as follows.
- Empty the paper tray and remove the module from the machine.
- Separate the cartridge from the drum unit by pressing the blue button on the right.
- Put the drum unit back into your brother printer. On the left side of it you can see a hole from which you can see the reset button.
- There is only one way to click on this checkbox. You can reach it only through the tray in which the paper is loaded. You have to remember where the checkbox is, as the reset will happen when the lid is closed.
- Knowing where the button is, press it and close the cover of the unit. Don’t be afraid that something will happen to your finger. there are no moving parts in this place. So, after closing the lid, the engine will turn on. As soon as you hear it work, immediately release the button and after 1 second press it again. Wait in this position until the engine stops.
- You can tell that the operation was successful by the blinking green LED. If this does not happen, then repeat all over again.
- Insert the cartridge into the drum unit. This completes the resetting of the counter in the brother printer.
Zeroing DCP 7057r by software
Zeroing the MFC DCP 7057r is slightly different from DCP 7055r:
- turn on the MFP and wait for the mechanics to calm down;
- after that, open the cover located on the front of the device;
- click on the “Cancel” button (“Back” or “Stop”);
- press the “Start” button;
- press the up arrow key followed by the down arrow key several times until you see 2 zeros (00) on the display;
- click “ok” and the front cover can be closed.
In the case when these 2 methods did not help, then you can reset through the system menu of the MFP.
- First check that your MFP is turned off.
- Press and hold the Menu key.
- Turn on the device while holding down the.
- After you see a blinking inscription on the screen of the device, release the “Menu” key.
- Wait a while until the word “MAINTENANCE” is displayed on the screen.
- Using the arrow keys, you need to find point 81, then confirm the selection by clicking on “Ok”.
- The screen will display “RESET DRUM COUNT”. After pressing the “Start” button, the message will change to “RESET LIFE COUNT”. Press “Start” again.
- Using the arrow keys, you need to select already item 96 and confirm with the “Ok” key.
- Reboot the unit. To do this, you need to turn it off and turn it off again. This completes the resetting of the counter.
Software way to reset the DCP 7055r MFP
To reset the counter programmatically in the dcp 7055r MFP, follow the steps below:
- press the “Menu” button;
- then you should select “General settings”, then click on “OK”;
- at the next step, select “Replace toner” and “Ok” again;
- using the arrows on the control panel, select “Continue” and click “OK”;
- to exit this menu, click “Clear”;
- counter has been reset.
In this way, you can only reset the counter once. For the next zeroing, you will need to apply the hardware method.
[iframe width = “680 ″ height =” 383 ″ src = “https://www.YouTube.com/embed/l3FJUnM5WrI”]
Software way to zero the printer HL-2130R (2132R)
To soft reset the counter on your brother printer, do the following:
- turn on the device (after turning on you will hear the noise of the drive);
- after the noise disappears, open the cover located in front of the unit;
- turn off the device;
- press the “Go” button and do not release it until the unit turns on again (the “ready” indicator should not be on);
- lower the “Go” key;
- press the “Go” key twice again;
- click on “Go” 5 times in a row;
- close the cover (front).
The “ready” indicator now lights up steadily. After these manipulations and restarting the machine, the Brother hl 2130r (2132) laser can be considered zeroed and ready for use.
Resetting the TN-1075 cartridge
TN-1075 cartridge is quite common in Brother laser printers. It is installed, for example, in such models of devices as: DCP 1510r, dcp 1512r, MFC-1810R (1815R), HL-1110R (1112R).
The module for printing consists of 2 parts: a TN-1075 cartridge and a DR-1075 drum unit.
To reset the counter on a TN-1075 cartridge, there are 2 methods that apply depending on whether you have a starting model that does not have a crescent-shaped gear, or you have already purchased a replacement one.
Resetting the drum counter
Click [Menu] [4. Device Information] [6. Resetting the drum unit]
We press the arrow “Up” [∧] and the resource of the drum unit for the device is again 100%.
What is the counter reset for?
Trimming is the procedure for changing equipment settings. The protection itself operates according to the following principle:
- the manufacturer installs a special meter in the system;
- the chip counts the number of sheets used during printing, and, after the cartridge has exhausted its resource, signals this to the user, blocking the device.
Each cartridge has its own resource. There are toner containers designed for 2500 sheets, and there are. for 1000 sheets. According to the number of sheets, the chip is also programmed. After exceeding the print limit, the message “Replace consumables”, “Toner empty” appears, or the indicator simply blinks. However, although you can add new toner, the chip will still assume the cartridge is empty and prevent the machine from working. To get rid of this problem, a method was devised to reset the counter.