How to turn on charge percentage on iPhone
By default, the iPhone displays the battery level as a full battery icon, but we can see it as a percentage: on an iPhone without a “cutout”, you can turn on the charge percentage right in the status bar, on iPhone 12, 11, XS, XR and other models without buttons “Home” and with “bangs” displaying the percentage in the status bar is not available, but there are possible solutions for these phones.
In this guide on the possibilities of enabling the display of charge as a percentage on the iPhone of different models, including the newest ones, such as the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, 11 and 11 Pro. MacBook.
Turn on the display of the charge level as a percentage on the iPhone SE, 8, 7, 6S, 6
On the iPhone with the Home button and without a cutout at the top of the screen, the option with a widget described above (in iOS 14) and a simpler one. showing the percentage of charge in the status bar to enable it:
- Go to Settings and select “Battery”.
- Turn on the “Charge percentage” option.
Immediately after that, the charge level will be displayed in the upper line on the right, next to the battery icon.
How to enable showing charge percentage on iPhone 12, 11, XS, and XR
Unfortunately, on iPhones with a notch at the top of the screen, putting the display of the current battery charge as a percentage in the top line is not available.
However, we can choose one of two options in this case:
How To Show Battery Percent On iPhone 12!
- The simplest thing is to open the “Control Center” by pulling down from the upper right edge of the screen: as a result, the charging percentage will also be displayed in the status bar.
- The second feature became available with the release of iOS 14. now we can place a widget showing the battery level, including on the home screen (or in the widget area on the left):
- press and hold your finger on an empty spot on the home screen, and when it enters edit mode, click on the “Plus” button in the upper left.
- A list of widgets will open, find the item “Batteries” in the list.
- Select the appropriate percentage display widget option and add it to your home screen.
- As a result, you will always show the current percentage of the charge, although it takes up more space than is required, in my opinion.
Perhaps in the future Apple will offer another option for showing the percentage of charging on these iPhone models, but so far only so.
If you still have questions, ask them in the comments, there is a chance that a solution will be found.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Honestly, the manufacturer himself hides the display of the charge level. And he does the right thing. By itself, I judge it is distracting and you constantly think how much is left, etc. At first I also put it and then removed it.
How to enable charging percentages on iPhone XR?
The battery, or rather its capacity, is one of the most important factors when choosing a smartphone. The iPhone XR is no exception. Most users are accustomed to keeping track of the charge level as a percentage. clarity makes it possible to better navigate how much more time you can actively use the gadget. But with the release of the tenth episode, everything became much more complicated.
How to put charging percentages on iPhone XR
The answer is simple. no way. Yes, it’s sad, but you cannot enable the display of percentages on the main display. Although all previous models of smartphones from Apple had this feature, with the release of the tenth series, the function disappeared. The reason for this is the transition to frameless devices with a cutout at the top of the screen. Everything is trite. there is no room for interest. It is this cut that most of all causes complaints from users, but they have to endure.
For the iPhone XR, like the entire X-line, the ability to turn on the charge as a percentage has been removed from the settings. But one option remained, let now you have to do extra body movements for this. If you are more comfortable focusing on specific percentages, you need to go to the “Control Center”. The developers left us no other options. This is done in the following way:
- You need to touch the upper right corner of the screen. Where the battery icon is displayed.
- Hold down the button and drag it down. The “Control Center” should open.
- An indicator and percentage of the consumed charge will appear at the top of the display.
Displaying charge as a percentage on iPhone XR
The need to carry out such an action every time causes discomfort among users. But only the first time. then you get used to it. By the way, there is another way to see the percentage charge. To do this, you need to ask the voice assistant Siri: “What is the current battery level?” Smart utility will answer you with a voice message.
Why did you remove the percentage of charging
Of course, the main reason why you can’t see the exact charge level now is the lack of free space due to the cutout. However, fans of the apple brand have put forward their own theory. Since Apple has always prioritized user comfort, they could deliberately hide the percentage display.
It’s all about psychology. Even when 49% of the battery charge remains, a person starts to get nervous. suddenly there will not be enough for the rest of the day. In fact, in this state, the smartphone (at medium loads) will work for another six to eight hours. But the discomfort has already appeared. Accordingly, if the digital values are not visible, the person worries less about the battery charge.
As it was before
In previous iPhones, in order for the numbers to always be visible on the home screen, it was necessary to activate the corresponding function in the settings. This was done as follows:
How to view iPhone X battery percentage
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on the “Battery” tab.
- We translate the slider “Charge in percent” to the green position.
After that, on older iPhones, the percentages could always be seen on the main information panel.