Continue printing correctly after clearing the jam
If the sheets are jammed, but you managed to remove them quickly, then the device should continue to work properly. Reinsert the cartridge or printhead, if used. Close all covers that were opened during the troubleshooting process. Plug the power cord into a power outlet, and then press the corresponding button on the printer body.
Indicators should light up green, and the equipment should go into readiness mode. Most likely, printing will start from the page that was jammed and then continue from the next page. If this does not happen, then start the process again.
How to remove paper from a quoser printer
If the Kyocera machine signals that there is a paper jam, a few standard actions will help to correct the situation.
It should be borne in mind that in the Kyocera device the comments of a regular cartridge, as in other devices, so you will have to pull out the jammed paper the second way.
The front panel of this device does not open and does not give us access to the hardware, therefore, first of all, we deploy the MFP.
The back cover opens with a special latch.
Opening the contents of the device we took, if the paper is jammed, then it will be visible here.
Let’s take a closer look at the contents of the device, if there was paper here, they would try to get it.
So, at the top there is a block, which feeds and turns the paper, the lid opens under it.
If the paper is jammed in this unit or the stove, then open the cover and, directly, from here Removing the paper.
In this device, all mechanisms, pressure blocks, drum, oven in which toner is baked are located here, under the cover.
Accordingly, if the paper is jammed, then it can only be here.
After all the manipulations done, close the lid and check if the device is working.
If the machine continues to signal that paper is jammed / jammed, we will repeat the procedure.
For many inexperienced users of office equipment, it is still a problem to quickly remove paper from the printer if it is jammed. The troubleshooting steps will be different if the sheets are jammed in half, at the entrance or inside the device. But first, we recommend that you find out all the reasons why this happens, so that in the future this does not happen.
In this article, we will tell you what to do first, how to get a letter if there is a paper jam in the printer and cannot be removed. The instruction is applicable for most models of printing equipment brands HP, Kyocera, Canon, Brother, Pantum, Samsung. We will separately analyze the situation when nothing is jammed and there is no paper inside, but the device does not print.
Troubleshooting steps may differ depending on the type of device.
What to do if a paper jam occurs in the printer
Why does paper jam in the printer?
- The main cause of jams is mainly the paper itself. It does not always come across high quality, and sometimes users may purchase the wrong type of sheets. Remember that each printer model works correctly only with paper of a certain size and thickness.
- Inside the laser device there is a special stove, which heats up to 200 degrees to fix the toner on the sheet. If a print was made recently, it is recommended to give a little time so that it cools down and does not become a prerequisite for a burn.
- Most of this type of equipment, in addition to the front cover, has a back and also, but less often, on the bottom. They should also be opened one by one and make sure there are no jammed sheets there.
Some more tips
- DO NOT use paper that is too thin or rough for printing, it should not be damaged, the sheets should be even.
- Only a few pages are placed in the tray, or the maximum number of pages that can be placed in it.
- Try to prevent third-party objects from getting inside the equipment.
- DO NOT use sheet sizes that the device cannot handle correctly.
- Align the pages, turn them several times, and then align again before stacking.
- In the tray itself, lightly fix the entire stack so that at the same time it lay flat, but could easily be pulled in by the printer rollers.
If all else fails
When we tried all the methods, but nothing worked and the indicators DO NOT turn into the green color of readiness in any way, then a complete disassembly of the device remains a solution. You can try to disassemble it yourself, having previously disconnected the equipment from the network. But putting it back together will be more problematic and not so easy.
Solving a Paper Jam Problem
Owners of printing devices may encounter a problem when paper is jammed in the printer. In such a situation, there is only one way out. the letter must be obtained. This process is NOT something complicated and even an inexperienced user can cope with it, so there is no need to contact a service center to solve a problem with auto products. Let’s figure out how to pull out the paper.
Finding out the cause of the phenomenon
This is NOT the end of the troubleshooting steps. It is very important to understand why the sheets are jammed in order not to face the same in the future. After assessing the scale of the problem and seeing exactly how the letter Jammed, you can understand how to proceed. Weighing in on what causes the problem, the printer chews paper at the entrance or exit:
- In the first case, the paper itself is often responsible for the print jam. This can be low quality, deformation, for example, curled, crumpled corners of SEPARATE sheets, a thick stack, due to which the device tightens several at once or touches the second letter already during printing, Foreign objects, etc.
- The second option, when the printer chews the paper at the exit, is already more sad, but if we are NOT talking about equipment malfunction, then you can cope with the problem on your own. It is necessary to check the correspondence of the paper size set in the settings and the actual one, and if an error is noticed, I correct it. Another prerequisite for trouble can be overheating, so when the equipment is working intensively, it is necessary to give the device time to rest. It is also NOT excluded that third-party objects got into the machine, which led to a paper jam. The mechanism needs to be checked and get rid of all objects that accidentally fell, and not related to the design of the printer and the printing process.
How to pull out
- The first step is to disconnect the printer from the power source. It may be necessary to touch the inside of the printing device. In this case, there is a risk of getting an electrical injury when you pull out the paper.
- Some printers, such as the Xerox 3010, HP, or Laserjet 6L, will automatically reset to the receiving tray after being disconnected from the power. If this does not happen the first time, you can repeat the operation by turning the device on and off.
- To neatly pull the page out of a printer that has a SIMilar function, for example, in HP, you need to Flip the cover that covers the internal mechanisms and figure out how deep the letter has penetrated.
- If most of the page is at the beginning of the feed mechanism, then we will pull it out against the movement of the rollers. To do this, take a sheet to the left and right edges, SIMultaneously and gradually pull it out of the device.
- If it turns out that the paper is jammed already at the exit from the press, then we will pull it out in the direction of travel. In some modifications of laser printers, such as Canon, it is necessary to take out the cartridge in order to facilitate access to the pressing elements of the mechanism.
- After making sure you remove the jammed paper completely, plug in the power supply and check the ready-to-print indicators on the front of the printer. If they indicate the problem persists, remove and reinsert the ink cartridge.
- If the paper cannot be pulled out without damage, you will have to provide maximum access to the rotating rollers. You will need to remove all removable parts of the printer and cartridge. Using an additional light source, examine the inside of the mechanism and find where to clamp the torn piece of paper. With tweezers, grab the edge and pull while rotating the pressure roller. This must be done very carefully.
Paper is jammed in the HP printer
These models of inkjet printers have special encoder strip sensor, which indicate the cartridge carriage its location at the beginning and end of the print time. If a mechanical paper jam is excluded, then, most likely, one of the sensors is worn out, and the device SIMply does not receive the “end of print” command. See the location of the sensors in the photo.
In order for HP to continue working, you first need to remove the paper from the printer, and then lubricate the encoder strip sensor with an alcohol wipe. To do this, you do not need to disassemble the device, it is enough to provide access to the tape on the shaft along which the carriage walks. Globally this will not solve the problem, but it will prolong the printer’s operation for a while.
How to fix the situation
Pulling jammed paper out of inkjet printers is always more difficult because the rotating rollers are difficult to access. Perform SIMilar work with the device disconnected from the power supply. If you cannot remove the entire page, and there are torn pieces of paper inside, which cannot be obtained on your own, then you need to contact the service center.
Disassembling the printer yourself, unscrewing and removing parts of the mechanism, is not worth it. Do this kind of work.
What to do if a paper jam occurs in the printer
Occasionally, when printing, a paper jam occurs inside the devices. In order not to compromise the integrity of the structure, you need to know how to get the jammed paper out of the printer.
Causes of jams or paper jams:
- The moisture content of the paper is higher than normal, it starts to stick together;
- Excessive static stress or dryness on the pages when the sheets stick to each other;
- Soft edges of the sheet, which are jammed by the transmission mechanisms;
- Skewed paper when loading into the input tray due to substandard sizes or users ignoring the guide curtains;
- Contamination of the pick-up rollers with office debris or low-quality paper;
- Wear on rotating rollers due to prolonged use.
Paper jam error
Paper Jam in Canon Printer
For laser models, this article already lists the steps that explain what to do if a paper jam occurs in the printer. In the case when sheets get stuck in the inkjet model, they can only be pulled out when the printheads are in the service position. To do this, unplug the device from the power outlet and turn it on again. The carriage automatically rises to the beginning of the timeline in the desired position.
How to remove jammed paper from a canon printer
The design of this type of device is realized so that the rotating rollers are covered with a cartridge. If a sheet is jammed and you need to pull it out of the printer, you will have to remove the cartridge to gain access to the necessary elements.
Before performing such manipulations, for safety reasons, be sure to turn off the power supply to the equipment. If the sheet could not be removed, and part of it is firmly chewed by the printer, and you have neither the experience nor the idea of how to properly remove a serious paper jam, and besides, you do not understand the device well, it is better not to risk and DO NOT touch the equipment filling, entrusting the matter professional.
At the same time, some device manufacturers are introducing additional options into their printers in an effort to make life easier for users. For example, owners of HP inkjet printers can detect a special sensor that detects the position of the carriage at the beginning and end of the printing process. When a jam occurs and the printing process is interrupted, it is necessary to check the condition of the sensor, which could become clogged or damaged, which caused the printing to stop. To reanimate the Encoder strip sensor, it should be wiped with an alcohol-based napkin, previously removed from the printer by stuck letter.
What to do if paper jams in a Canon printer
One day, almost any printer owner can face such a problem as paper jams. This process happens like this, the icon lights up, but for some reason the printer itself stops further. What should be done in such a situation? How to remove jammed paper from a Canon printer and continue printing?
For what reason, the paper can unexpectedly jam in the printer, what should I do to avoid this in the future? The very first and most popular reason when a paper jam in a Canon printer arises from the fact that if you use the printer for a long time and carelessly, and the necessary resources of parts have completely exhausted themselves. In such a case, only the most experienced specialists in the workshop are capable of solving problems. There are a lot of problems of a secondary plan and we ourselves can eliminate them. How to remove jammed paper from a Canon printer if we have bad or wrinkled paper? Just remember that in the future it is not necessary NOT to use such paper: although this paper is cheaper, in the future, in order to repair a printer, which suffered from cheap paper, it can be very expensive. Unsuitable paper: Too thin or thick, not of the standard required by your specific copier, and therefore, for example, sheets stick together and jam. In this situation, it will help to knock the edge of the stack of paper on the table or flip through all the sheets to Separate them. If you are printing on the second side of a sheet, then let the printed sheets cool down and also Separate the sheets.
You can also remove the entire stack of paper from the tray and insert it upside down. Also, this problem can be caused by the fact that paper of different types and weights was put in the printer for the same job. Too much paper was loaded in the tray — put less, or too little paper and the printer cannot capture the letter — put more. Paper is not inserted straight into the bypass tray, and when it is picked up by the printer, it runs crookedly, skews and eventually jams. Here it will only help to gently insert the paper into the manual feed tray and adjust the clamps on the left and right of the letter exactly to its size.
How to remove paper from a Canon printer?
First, always check when reusing the sheet to see if there are any staples or staples on it. you can SIMply cut them off at the corner with scissors. Also, put a table next to the copier in the organization so that all employees can remove paper clips and staples from the sheets on it, and not over the printer. this will help to avoid accidental entry of foreign objects into the machine. Too thin or thick paper. If you use paper of non-standard weight, then for printing in the printer settings (Properties button) specify the type of paper: thick, thin, film, cardboard, etc. Paper size. Sometimes paper jam sensors can be triggered, even if In fact, there was no Ego. This may be due SIMply to sensor problems, as well as to the fact that in the print settings it is, for example, A4 paper size, and you are printing on envelopes. The device will not see that the letter has passed through the sensors and will “decide” that a jam has occurred. To avoid this, specify the paper size in the printer settings (Properties button) before printing. Opening the tray at the time of printing. Never open the paper feed trays before printing is complete.
If paper is jammed in a Canon printer, what to do?
If, nevertheless, the paper in the printer is jammed and the “Paper jam” or “Paper jam” light comes on, then you need to act very carefully: strong jerks can damage the machine, and the print quality and reliability of its operation should never be the same.
What to do if paper is jammed in a Canon printer? So, the first thing to do is to remove the jammed paper from the printer, turn it off and on. If the jam is small, the drum will spin and the paper will pop out by itself. If that doesn’t work, then you need to Read the paper removal guidelines for your printer. The more complex the device, the more detailed it will be described: some modern devices even write what to do and draw diagrams on the displays. When paper is jammed in a Canon printer, the general rules for removing paper are as follows: you need to drag the letter slowly, without jerking and with both hands, holding both sides, otherwise the letter will tear, and it is much more difficult to pull out the jammed pieces of paper. Individual copies can remain traitorous inside and interfere with further work. We take out the cartridge, if necessary, take it only by the handle, place it on a flat surface, and do not touch the green drum and other spare parts: this can lead to poor print quality and the appearance of streaks and spots on the prints. Next, determine where exactly the paper is jammed in the printer. Options include: 1. Input trays where paper is fed; 2. Areas of paper exit from the printer (top and back); 3. The area of the cartridge 4. The interior of the printer, where paper falls, but it is not visible even when all trays and doors are open. Actually, you can pull out the paper by checking each of THESE options: I turn off the printer by a button or from the network, opening the door, see if there is paper there, if there is one, take it with both hands and pull it quietly.