Connecting using WPS
WPS is a standard for automatically creating a wireless network. Designed to simplify router configuration for ordinary users.
- Before connecting, you need to make sure that there is a “WPS” button on the router;
- In the software settings of the router, enable the WPA or WPA2 encryption protocol.
Attention! Not WEP at all, otherwise the MG3640 will not connect. You can check it in the wireless settings on the PC.
After completing the settings and checks, do the following to connect the Canon Pixma MG3640 to the router:
- Turn on the printer, hold down the Wi-Fi button until the power indicator starts blinking.
- Press the “Black / BW” button first, then “Wi-Fi”.
- The power indicator should be solid green and the Wi-Fi indicator should blink faster.
- On the router (Wi-Fi router), press and hold the “WPS” button for two minutes.
- If the power indicator starts blinking, the connection is being established.
- Both indicators are on without blinking. the printer is connected to the router.
After the end of the procedure, do not forget to install the software, the driver from the official Canon website, and follow all the instructions.
How to connect a printer that cannot be connected to a router
If your printing device does not have the required output or does not support this connection method, then connect through one of the computers.
This PC will be connected to the router via the LAN port, and a USB connection will be made to the printer. It will act as an intermediary on the network between the printer and all computers on the network. The disadvantage of such a connection is that this computer must always be turned on so that communication with the printer is always.
To configure this method, you must:
Connect both devices with a special cable and install the printer driver on the PC.
- Go to Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers. The printer icons appear, click on the right mouse button and select “Printer Properties”. From the top sections, click Access. Check the box “Share this printer”.
- Click “Apply”, “Ok”.
- Next, from any laptop, log into the local network on the PC to which the printer is connected. By the way, you can read how to connect computers to a local network in Windows 10, 7. You will find a shortcut for the printing device on it, right-click on it and select “Use as default”. Now, always on the command “Print”, printing will occur automatically on the selected printer.
That’s all, we showed how easy it is to connect the printer to a laptop via WI-FI without a Wi-Fi adapter. If for some reason your laptop does not connect to the Wi-Fi network, then read the article: how to connect WI-FI on a laptop or PC Windows 10, 8, 7.
Preparing for Wireless Direct
Change the following settings to prepare Wireless Direct Mode.
Option # 2: Connect by entering the SSID and password
This method is suitable for all printers with a display.
- We go into the menu and select the settings (Setup). We click on the section “Wi-Fi Settings”.
- Next, click on “WI-FI setup”, “Wi-Fi setup wizard”.
- You should see a list of Wi-Fi networks. Enter your SS
After completing all the steps correctly, you will see that the Wi-Fi icon will light up green.
How to connect a printer via Wi-Fi without a Wi-Fi module
Alas, old and budget models often do not have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, you will have to use another option to connect the printer via WI-FI. Now we will show it.
Let’s find out how you can connect a printer to a computer using a USB port on a router. For this method, you need to have: a printer, a USB cable, a router with a USB port. And also you should know the name of the printer and the IP address of your router.
It is not difficult to find out the IP of the router, just start the command line by entering the command “cmd” into the “Search”. In the command line that appears, type in the “ipconfig” command. Interested in the line “Main gateway”, opposite it will be written the IP address of the router.
You now know how to find out the IP address of the router, but how to change the IP address of the computer external and internal read in our previous article.
- Connect the USB cable to the jacks of the devices. Turn on the router first, and after 2-3 minutes, start the printer. You cannot turn it on at the same time, you must do everything as described above.
- Connect the PC to the router using a patch cord or Wi-Fi.
- Enter the main menu of the router settings in the “Network Map” section. Look there, whether the printing device has appeared or not. If it appears, then proceed with further settings on the computers that will use this printer for printing.
How to print on Android OS
Perhaps the most convenient way is to use Google Cloud Print. This service is free, you just need to link the printer to a Google account, which almost everyone on Android has. After you link, you can make a printout from any gadget that is authorized in your account and connected to the network.
We check the presence of WPS on the printer
You can see the support of this technology on the printer in the instructions that are attached. Or open the official website on the Internet, find your model and see the characteristics. You can also inspect the printer body for the presence of a button with a WPS icon.
Detailed instructions for connecting a Canon printer to Wi-Fi
The easiest way to connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi. This is the WPS method that decides How to connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi. Make sure your router has a WPS button. Turn on the printer and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer control panel until the alarm light flashes.
Press the WPS button on your router firmly, and after a while, the light next to the Wi-Fi button will flash blue, and the Wi-Fi indicator will flash continuously as the printer searches for a network. The power and Wi-Fi light on the printer control panel will blink when the printer connects to the router.
If the printer is connected to a network, the Power and Wi-Fi lights will no longer blink. Connect your computer to the same network. Try to print your document to test the connection. The following steps refer to the standard connection method.
Insert the installation CD that came with your printer into your computer. If you do not have a CD or if your computer is running a Mac operating system, download the driver from our website. Click Continue following the prompts on the installer screen. When prompted to select a connection type, select a wireless connection.
Make sure the printer is turned on and click Next on the Prepare to Connect screen, the next step is to connect the printer to the network. Click the Network Connection tab and select the Wireless Setup option on the next pop-up screen.
When you see the “Connect via Wireless” setup screen, hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer. Release the button after the orange warning light flashes twice. Make sure the Wi-Fi light is blinking and the Power light is on and click Next.
Select your region and the type of software you want to install. Accept the license agreement to complete the setup. If you need technical support How to connect a Canon printer to Wi-Fi, call us at the contact number. Our technicians will help you.
PIXMA Pro10 Wireless Setup Guide
With Image Stabilizer for Nature, Travel and Sports.
Calculators Calculators Calculators
Stylish and practical portable, desktop, scientific and printing series.
Photos, documents and large format for business and home.
Red laser pointers with presentation features.
High quality spreads with Lay-Flat technology.
PIXMA MG3140 wireless connection setup
Easily transfer images and videos from Canon cameras to devices and web services.
Creative Park Creative Park Creative Park
From simple paper crafts to 3D folding models, enjoy fun paper crafts with family and friends and create unique, editable materials.
How to Set Up a Canon Wireless Printer | Wireless installation
Learn more about Canon wireless printer setup and learn how to set up your Canon printer for Wi-Fi on Mac and Windows device
Although there are several brands of printers on the market, Canon. it is the users’ top choice when it comes to perfect printing. Canon is well known for its high print quality. The first step to use your printer is to set it up.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup
If the user wants to know how to set up a Canon wireless printer, it can be easily done by following a series of instructions. Canon Wireless Printer is used to connect the user’s computer to a Canon printer via a wireless network. If you have a wireless connection, you can print anywhere with your device. If the file is saved on the device and you want to print it, just select the file and print it.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup
Thinking about how to set up a Canon printer on your Mac, Windows, iPad, iPhone, iPod or Android phone? Basically, download the “Canon PRINT App”, press the wireless button on the printer, and the information stored on your device, including the password and WI-FI name, will be automatically moved to make the setup process faster and easier than ever.
Various Methods of Canon Printer Wi-Fi Setting
Wireless connection uses two methods: WPS method and standard connection method. When a user is looking for a Canon printer setup, any of these methods can be used to connect. Make sure your Canon printer can connect to the Internet before proceeding.
Connection method for setting WPS: This method is commonly used in Windows and Mac operating systems. The wireless router has a button to enable WPS. Check the wireless settings on your computer, and then turn on WEP security. Below are the steps to connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi:
- Turn on your Canon printer and place your router nearby so that the WPS button is available.
- Hold the WI-FI button on the printer until the indicator comes on.
- After waiting 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- When searching for a network, the blue Wi-Fi indicator is on. After connecting to a wireless network. Power and Wi-Fi lights are off.
- To test the connection, try to print a page from a Canon printer.
- Place the sheets in the printer and check if it is working properly.
You have completed the Wi-Fi connection of your Canon printer. Try printing a test page and it should work. These steps will guide the user in setting up the wireless network of the Canon printer.
Canon Standard Connection Method: If the router does not support WPS function, please use this method. Below are the guidelines when user wants to know how to set up Canon printer using this method.
- Connect computer to printer for network setup.
- Load paper into the input tray.
- Press and hold the Resume or Cancel button for a few seconds.
- Check the connection status on the information page printout.
- Check also the network name.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected properly for setup. Wired connection requires an Ethernet cable.
- Check if the required drivers are already installed on the system.
- Connect the printer to the Internet and check its speed.
- For a router, connect your computer and printer to the router.
Setting up a Canon printer for Windows:
- Click “Start” and then “Settings” to open it.
- Then in the “Settings” window click “Devices”.
- In this option, select Printers & Scanners, and then select the option
- Add a printer or scanner. It will add the printer to the list.
- Connect it to the same network as the printer.
Complete the setup on your device by following the steps above. When the installation is complete, you will be able to start using your printer. Finally, the printer can be used to print from Windows and the Canon wireless printer setup is complete.
Canon Printer Setup for Mac OS:
- First step. select “System Preferences” and “Printers & Scanners”.
- Select a symbol. to add a printer.
- Select a printer from the available list and add it.
- For a router, connect the Mac device and the printer to the same network.
- Make a test print to confirm the connection.
For more information on setting up a Canon printer’s Wi-Fi or any other questions, contact Canon Support. Canon’s support managers are there to assist users, contact information is available on the Canon official website.
Detailed instructions for connecting Canon Pixma to Wi-Fi
Insert the CD into your computer’s drive and select “My Computer” or “This PC.” Select the drive and double-click MSETUP4.EXE. If you do not have the CD, download the software link and guide for connecting your Canon pixma printer to Wi-Fi. which can be found on our website.
When the screen appears, select Next. Select “Connect to wireless LAN” as the connection method and click “Next.” Select “Connect to an access point” as the connection method to the wireless LAN and click “Next”.
Make sure your Canon printer is turned on. Make sure the green power light is on and click Next. The program will automatically search for printers that are already connected. If this is the first time, he will not be found. When your printer name appears in the list, click Next to connect your Canon pixma printer to Wi-Fi.
When the installation starts, click Next. Wireless Installation. Hold the Wi-Fi button
on a Canon printer until the orange indicator light flashes twice. Let go of it and select Next. Make sure the blue Wi-Fi indicator is blinking quickly. When this happens, go to the access point and press the wireless button within 2 minutes. The green-blue power indicator stops blinking and remains on.
A message appears, and after completing the connection to the access point, click Next. Select your region, language and click Next. Select the software to install and click Next. Click Yes. I agree to the end user license agreement for connecting Canon pixma printer to Wi-Fi.
Click “Next” and the program will be installed. Click on the Redetect option to find your printer again. Depending on your network configuration, the software may take some time to discover the printer. This may include choosing to re-discover multiple times.
After completing the wireless setup, the screen displays your printer model and wireless SSID, select Finish. If this is the first time, select Run and follow the instructions on the screen to align the printhead. Otherwise select Next connect Canon pixma printer to Wi-Fi.
Click Next again and if you want to register your printer, click Next. You can also register later by clicking Cancel. Click Agree if you would like to participate in the advanced survey program. Otherwise, click Disagree. Select Execute to test print on your printer. Otherwise, click Next. Select “Exit” to complete the process of connecting your Canon pixma printer to Wi-Fi.
Connecting directly to a PC
For a visual aid for connecting a printer without a router, see the following
The router is not working, but the printer is needed? We follow these instructions:
- Hold down the “Wi-Fi” button until the power indicator starts blinking.
- Then press the “Color” button, then. the “Wi-Fi” button. The indicator next to her began to blink.
- Run the previously downloaded driver from the official website.
- Disconnect from a wireless network if connected to a PC.
- In the “Select a method of connecting to a wireless network” select “Direct connection”.
- The printer is connected to the PC, all sensors stop blinking.
- Canon will be displayed as a separate Wi-Fi network in the “Current Connections” section of the computer.
Advantage: Canon Pixma MG3640 is independent of router signal quality. Disadvantage: PC does not have access to the Internet via Wi-Fi, which can interfere with comfortable work.
Most Canon PIXMA series models are connected using the WPS button on the front of the body. Press and hold it until the corresponding indicator starts flashing. After that, activate the Wi-Fi Protected Setup mode on the router. The interval between clicks should not exceed two minutes, since it is during this period of time that you can connect without entering a password. Once connected, the LED will stop blinking and stay on continuously.
For Canon models with a built-in display, the connection is authenticated. In this case, you will need to enter the SSID (network name) and password from Wi-Fi. Network connection setup information can be printed. For example, for the popular MG3540 model, this is done by pressing and holding the “Resume” button.
Wireless connection to a Wi-Fi router is performed using the “HP Auto Wireless Connect” technology. Synchronization is performed via WPS, without entering the PIN-code of the router. The Network Setup Tool also runs on the HP Touchscreen, under the Wireless Network menu. A feature of HP MFPs is the inability to access “HP Auto Wireless Connect” for computers with a static local IP.
Such devices are connected only after changing the DHCP server settings. To avoid these difficulties, use a WPS connection. You can activate the WPS mode via the touch display, and if it is not there, by pressing the button.
If the printer needs to be connected to a different computer, or connected through a new router, you must reset the network settings back to factory defaults. Do the following:
- Hold the red Resume button until the light blinks 21 times.
- Release the button.
The network settings have been reset to factory settings. With these settings, printing and copying documents via a computer will be unavailable.
To ”connect your printer to your computer, follow the instructions provided. If none of the methods works, you should make sure that the router is turned on and the computer is picking up the Wi-Fi signal. If you have any questions, write to us. in the comments or in the online chat. We are always happy to help our readers and subscribers! Thanks for attention!
Before you start, there are a few conditions you must meet to use the WPS push button method:
The access point must have a physical WPS button.
For more information, refer to the user manual of your device.
If there is no WPS button, follow the instructions in the “Standard Connection Method” section.
The network must use WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 encryption. Most access points with WPS support use this protocol.
Press and hold the [Wi-Fi] button on the top of the printer until the orange alarm indicator blinks once.
Make sure that the indicator next to the button starts flashing blue, then on the access point press and hold the [WPS] button for 2 minutes.
For exact information on how to run WPS on an access point, refer to the access point’s user manual.
The Wi-Fi light (blue) located on the printer will continue to flash while searching, and the Power and Wi-Fi light will flash when connected to an access point.
After the printer establishes a wireless network connection, the Power and Wi-Fi light stops blinking and stays on without blinking.
Connecting to the MAC OS
But how do you connect a Canon printer to an Apple laptop? There is no floppy drive in the products of this company. You need to download the software to install the drivers and follow the instructions:
- Double click on the downloaded file, start the “Settings” process, then click “Open”.
- On the next screen, press “Next”.
- Enter your system password, allow the installation of a third-party tool.
- Next screen. Click “Start setup”.
- The program is looking for the latest updates. It may take a few minutes.
- Specify the required region and country.
- Confirm License Agreement.
- Agree or opt out of the Extended Survey Program (sends MFP performance data monthly to Canon).
- The computer is checking the status of the printer. The process takes up to five minutes.
- Select wireless connection.
- Select the connected printer from the list of devices.
- The user manual will be displayed on the screen with detailed instructions for setting up Canon. Prepare the printer for connection. Check the correct display of indicators and buttons.
- A separate message will ask for access to passwords. Click “Allow”.
- The latest drivers are installed on MAC OS.
- The Add Printer button appears on the screen. Click “Add”.
- The found printer will appear in the Add window.
- “Bonjour” device appears first, then “Canon IJ Network”.
- Choose the second option, the printer is configured.
- Is MG3640 installing for the first time? The software prompts you to customize the printheads. Agree.
- Press “Start” to start a test print version. In a separate window, set the number of copies, page size.
- Complete Canon MG3640 Installation.
Connecting the Printer via Wi-Fi
Devices from popular manufacturers have a similar configuration system. As a rule, the parameters are set on the printer itself, without connecting to a computer. If there is no control interface on the case, the system utilities are used that are available on the driver disk and on the manufacturer’s website.
Connecting the Printer to a Router via USB
The setting for this method depends on the router model you are using. Basic parameters are set in the web interface of the router, but for greater convenience and the ability to perform fine-tuning, there are special utilities. The most common routers that allow you to connect via USB: Asus and TP-Link.
Confirming network settings
To confirm that the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, you can print the network settings for your printer:
Load a sheet of A4 or Letter size plain paper.
Press and hold the [Resume / Cancel] button until the indicator flashes 15 times, then release the button.
The network information page prints.
When using printout data, make sure “Connection” is displayed as “Active” and that the SSID (wireless network name) contains the correct name for your wireless network.
This completes the WPS setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG3540.
If there is no installation CD provided with the product, download the manuals and software to continue.
If you cannot complete the WPS wireless setup following these instructions, please contact us for further instructions.
Adding a Network Printer in Windows
Open the Windows Control Panel. If you have selected icon display mode, go to the Devices and Printers section. When choosing the category mode, use the path: Hardware and Sound. View devices and printers “.
All external equipment connected to your computer is available in this section. By default, devices that have been used are displayed. Click “Add Printer” to connect to the new device.
The system searches for available printers and MFPs. If it does not bring results, enter the required data manually. Since the connection is made via a Wi-Fi router, check the second item: “Add by TCP / IP address”. Click the “Next” button to specify the parameters.
Advice! This configuration method is suitable both for printers connected to the router via Ethernet or USB, and for devices connected to other computers on the local network.
Select the type “TCP / IP” from the drop-down list. In the “Name or address” field, enter the IP of the connected device. You can clarify this parameter in the control panel of the router. Log into the web interface at the address indicated on the sticker at the bottom of the router. When logging in, use the standard username and password, which are located in the same place.
Go to the “DHCP” section of the menu. It is usually found in the Local Area Network (LAN) settings. Open the DHCP section, which lists the connected clients and their assigned IP addresses. At this point, you can use one of two connection options:
Using a network name. To do this, check the hostname in the DHCP client table, for example “CanonMG3540”. Copy this name and paste it into the Add Printer Device window in Windows.
Binding a static local address. To use this method, go to the appropriate DHCP configuration section and add a new mapping. Find your printer, and in the “IP Address” field, enter the desired combination from the local range. For example, if the last connected computer is 184.108.40.206, enter the following IP: 220.127.116.11.
Provide additional information about the port you are using. To do this, select the “Special” item and click “Options”. By default, the “Raw” protocol will be selected in the new window. However, most modern devices use “LPR”. Check it in the settings and specify an arbitrary name for the queue. Save the new parameters by clicking the “OK” button.
Select your printer manufacturer and model from the list on the right. You can also use the installation CD if it was included with your purchase. To do this, click “Have Disk”. After finishing the driver installation, click “Next”.
At the final step of the installation wizard, a notification about the successful completion of the process will open. We recommend that you select the Use this printer as default check box to avoid having to select a device each time you print. In the same window, you can check the connected device. To use it, click “Print a test page”. Complete the installation by clicking the “Finish” button.
Connecting your printer via Wi-Fi is a convenient feature that frees your work area from wires. But manufacturers still cannot provide a simple and understandable way to connect equipment to a PC. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly connect your Canon MG3640 over Wi-Fi. Here are some convenient ways.
Reference! The Canon Pixma MG3640 is an inkjet multifunctional printer, scanner and copier. Average Highlights:
- Printing. color;
- The maximum image size is A4;
- Ability to print text and images from both sides;
- B / W printing speed. 9 A4 pages per minute;
- Color printing speed. 5 A4 pages per minute;
- Main input tray 100 sheets.