Connecting via infrastructure mode
For Pantum p2500w, connection to Wi-Fi via a wireless router can be established provided that the access point and the printer support WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup technology. The procedure requires the use of the control panel of the device, without the participation of a personal computer:
- Press and hold the “Wi-Fi” button on it.
- Then the same action is carried out on the router with the “WPS” or “PBC” key. Press the button for two minutes.
- The MFP will automatically connect to the wireless network.
Important! The wireless router must support WPS functionality, and its debugging is carried out only when the network cable is disconnected.
Connecting via infrastructure mode
Setting up Wi-Fi on the Pantum m6550nw is done according to the aLGorithm:
Important! After installing the necessary drivers, you can select the printer as the default.
Pantum M6500W. WI-FI connection, remote printing setup
Modern models of MFPs can connect to a personal computer not only through a regular USB cable, but also using a wireless network. Wi-Fi technology is used as the main interface, which makes it possible to install the device not in the immediate vicinity of the PC, but in any convenient place. When purchasing a new printer, users wonder how the Wi-Fi connection goes with the Pantum m6500w and what is required for this.
Pantum p2500w WI-FI connection
Users who recently bought an MFP are faced with the question of how the Pantum 2500w can be connected to Wi-Fi. The process follows a similar scheme as with earlier models of printers from the same manufacturer.
Wi-Fi connection of the Pantum printer
Direct USB connection for Wi-Fi setup
When connecting the Pantum m6500w printer via a USB cable, the Wi-Fi setup requires a connection and debugging according to the following diagram:
- Launch the configuration tool.
- Several network options will appear on the display, from which the required one is selected. If the access point name is not in the registry, then it is entered manually.
- Perform authorization. enter a password and select the type of network encryption.
- If the procedure was successful, a window with information about the connection will appear on the screen.
Important! The system will respond to an incorrect connection by displaying an error message. The user should check the login information for the wireless network and try again after fixing.
Pantum m6500w Wi-Fi connection to laptop
How can I connect the Pantum m6500w MFP to a computer via Wi-Fi? The manufacturer offers two options for connecting the device:
- via infrastructure mode. combination is performed using a wireless router;
- via direct input. the printer connects to a laptop or PC directly using Wi-Fi.
Important! The developers focus on the fact that when you select any of these modes, the gadget will interact with only one personal computer. The simultaneous inclusion of several devices is impossible, only sequential.
Direct USB connection for Wi-Fi setup
To create a pair, you need to connect two devices (personal computer and printer) using a USB cable. Then launch the wireless configuration tool on the laptop. The printer will try to connect when receiving wireless configuration information from the USB port.
Debugging in OS
How to set up Wi-Fi on Pantum m6550nw
Users are faced with the question of how to properly configure the Pantum m6500w printer via Wi-Fi. The scheme is carried out using two methods.
Most malfunctions occur due to improper operation or complete absence of “firewood”. Each printer model is supplied with an installation disc with purchase, which allows the device to work correctly. If it is not at hand, then you can download the latest software updates on the official website of the company.
The main thing is to choose a package that fully meets the requirements of technology and operating system.
The component is installed as follows:
- call the “Start” menu and click on the option “Devices and Printers”;
- on the icon with the printer, right-click the context menu and select “Printer properties”;
- in the window that appears, go to the “Additional” panel;
- press the “Change” button and follow the instructions of the system.
It happens that the wrong drivers are installed on the computer. To continue working correctly, they should be removed.
Usually problems arise when connecting new printing equipment or when connecting an old device to a new PC. Sometimes Windows flatly refuses to find the printer, which first of all makes you think about its incorrect connection:
- It is necessary to check exactly which socket the USB cable is inserted into, since many confuse the special input on the printer panel with the Ethernet connector.
- Now you should connect the cable to the computer by plugging the other end, where the flat metal plug is visible, into the input on the back panel. Experts urge not to use connectors located on the front of the case. This is because they are not directly connected to the motherboard. It is also worth giving up USB extension cords. they can poorly pass the signal.
- It is important to remember that version 2.0 is connected only to the black inputs, and 3.0. through the blue ones.
If, after the performed manipulations, the problem has not disappeared, then the condition of the cable itself should be examined. It must be intact, as breaks, cuts or kinks prevent the signal from passing through. Be sure to inspect the plugs, as well as the state of the inputs of the printer itself (with frequent use with other devices). The connection must be clear, the components must not be loose or taut.
Often, problems arise in the program itself, which is responsible for printing. The process should run automatically, but sometimes it crashes and the specified settings fly off. It is quite easy to restore the malfunction, the main thing is to clearly follow the prescribed aLGorithm:
- “Start”. “Control Panel”. “System and Security”. “Administrative Tools”.
- Then double-click to open the “Services” shortcut, find “Print Manager” there and call the context menu with the right mouse button.
- In the window that appears, go to “Properties” and check the startup type, as well as the state of the print service. It should be like this: “Startup type. Automatic”, “State. Running”.
Often, technical problems arise against the background of malfunctions or incorrect settings of individual OS components or the computer itself. The work of the printing technique depends on them directly. There are a number of issues, each of which should be considered separately:
- Viruses. Due to active work on the Internet, various malicious programs can penetrate the computer. Most of them are blocked by antivirus programs, but a small percentage still penetrate the system. Viruses gradually destroy the structure of the OS, causing various failures. Printing is no exception. A deep scan of all disks with an antivirus program (for example, Cure It or Doctor Web) will help to cope with the problem.
- Antivirus software or built-in Windows Firewall. They can block the signal from the printer, regarding it as dangerous. If there is no time to change the settings and you need to print the document immediately, then it is enough to turn off the protection while working with the equipment. To eradicate the problem forever, you need to go to the antivirus program menu, select the “Exceptions” section and check the box next to the printer. Subsequently, when working with the device, no problems should arise.
- BIOS settings. After reinstalling or updating the system, the USB ports may become disconnected. Fixing the problem is very simple, just turn on the port controller again.
Talking about the causes of malfunctions, it is impossible to ignore the topic of breakdown of one of the components of the printer itself. Diagnostics should be carried out comprehensively, since both the connection input on the case and the motherboard can fail.
We would like to advise you on an excellent service where you can repair. Repair of inkjet printers brother and other brands by specialists who will quickly and efficiently do their job.
However, it is not recommended to grab onto the screwdriver yourself. Go what’s wrong, printer repair will be expensive, and not everyone can replace spare parts on their own. The service center will help you to solve the problem, where experienced craftsmen will quickly restore the equipment to work.
Epson experts recommend that you systematically update the drivers, which can be found on the company’s official website, without fail. The manufacturer has taken care of its customers, so they are all free and available for download. If necessary, you can use the Epson Status Monitor troubleshooter.
How to quickly connect a printer if the computer does not see it. a description and solution of problems in 2021
A person encounters printing equipment not only at work, but also actively uses it at home. Taking into account the fact that the programs, like the operating system itself, are constantly updated, the equipment connected to the PC malfunctions. There are many reasons why the computer stops recognizing the printer, but you can solve them yourself.
The company was puzzled by the problems of its consumers and conducted a functional test of the equipment with the latest version of the Windows operating system. No problems were found. HP experts have concluded that devices that were working properly before the system update did not need new drivers to be installed.
At the same time, HP developers admit the individuality of each case, so the latest software is available on the official website of the company, which can be downloaded for free. There is also a Print and Scan Doctor to help you troubleshoot the most common problems.
How to connect a printer to a computer
When it comes to installing a new printer, the process is not always as easy as it might seem. Depending on what kind of connection you want there will be a separate method on how to make it work.
A good place to start with any new printer. this refer to the printer’s instruction manual. Reading the official source will help you familiarize yourself with the device, which can save you a lot of time if there are any steps specific to your model.
Driver Installation in Windows 10
Printers from the Chinese company Pantum are not so widespread in our market. Often due to their low prevalence, users have difficulty in the initial setup of such printing devices. Since all the configuration documentation is scattered, follow our instructions (posted below).
First of all, you need to download the drivers for the Pantum P2500W printer using the hyperlinks located at the top of this page. Since the installer distribution is packed into an archive, you will need to first unpack it using the standard Windows tool, or using the free 7ZIP archiver.
In the folder with the extracted files, find a shortcut with the name “Autorun” and double-click on it to launch.
Let’s get acquainted with the legal terms of the license agreement, which describes the user’s rights to use hardware and software components. Click on the button “I agree”.
The next step will vary depending on the condition of the printing device. If it is already connected using a data cable, then click on the square, which has the name “Connecting via USB”. If the cable is not yet connected, then select the link “Install manually”.
Select the required printer model from the drop-down list. In this case, it is “Pantum P2500 Series” and click on “Install”.
The process of copying new files is fully automated and does not require any action.
At the final stage, a window will appear with a message about the successful completion of the installation.
Find your settings
- Once turned on and ready for setup, you need to connect the printer to your home Wi-Fi
- Although the installation steps vary by manufacturer, most modern printers will have an LCD screen that lists the available Wi-Fi networks.
- On this screen, click around and find the setup page that allows you to configure your wireless LAN settings
Find your printer
- Open the app on your Apple device that you want to print with
- After you get the document you want, tap the app share icon
- From the list of shared options, tap the Print icon and select your printer
How to connect a printer using a wired USB cable
If you receive this notification, follow the computer’s intuitive prompts and click the notification. He can do all the hard work for you. If your computer has provided you with the opportunity to independently resolve all issues, follow these steps.
How to connect a printer to a computer
Connecting a computer to a printer has become easier than ever as we enter the age of innovative technology, but it seems that the quantity, colors, sizes and complexity of all wiring can get lost in translation. Even if you think you know how to connect point A to point B, it takes a lot more than just plugging and unplugging to get the results you want.
In our digital age, there are two types of printing. wired and wireless, we’ll show you how to connect your printer to your computer, laptop or handheld device.
How to connect the printer to portable devices
It seems as if we are constantly attached to our favorite portable devices and rely on them for hundreds of daily tasks. New and constantly improving technologies allow those on the road to type with a touch of a finger. Need to quickly convert the contents of your 6 “screen to letters and images on an 8½” x 11 “piece of paper? We are here to show you how.
How to connect a printer
The printer has long gone from the category of office equipment, difficult to connect, when you need to call a specialist in this field. In this article, we will consider how to connect a printer to a computer, to several computer devices via USB or by IP address. To do this, you do not need in-depth knowledge, usually for the installation process, it is enough to use the supplied drivers or automatic configuration. The general at the first stage is to install the cartridges, which always go to a new printer, and connect the printing device to the mains.
Connection via WI-FI network
Now let’s consider the option of how to install a printer on a computer via Wi-FI. With this connection, steps 1-3 described above are repeated: “Start”. “Control Panel”. “Devices and Printers”. “Local Connection”. Further, the process of synchronizing the operation of the printing device and its connection are different:
- In the emerged window for selecting a port for the device, you need to click “Create new”.
- Two tabs will appear, the top one will be inactive, and the bottom “Port Type”. In the latter, select “Standart TCP / IP”. Press the button “Next”.
- In a new window that appears, you will be asked to enter the device name and IP address. The device type will already be determined, you only need to enter your IP address and port name for authentication. There you can also check the box so that the drivers are installed automatically or not, then you will have to do it manually, just as described in the method of connecting the printer to a computer via USB. Press the button next.
After that, the process of installing the printer starts, during which you will also need to allow or deny general access to it.
Connecting a Printer via USB
Before connecting the printer to the computer, make sure that the device is connected to the mains and turned on via the button on the external control panel. A standard USB cable usually comes with a printing device, it is rarely bought separately. Usually this wire is not very long, so the printer is placed close to the “machine”. When connected, the standard USB connector is inserted into the computer connection panel, and the connector on the other side is inserted into the printing device.
If you are very lucky, the computer system will automatically recognize the printer and configure it. In this case, your participation in the installation process is over and you can exhale. In the case when the setup did not happen automatically, you will have to set up the work and synchronize the work between the printer and the laptop / computer yourself. Step-by-step instructions for dummies and advanced users:
- We are looking for “Control Panel” through “Start” and select a category with a clear name. “Devices and Printers”.
- In the pop-up window, top tab, click on the line “Printer Installation”.
- Now a new window has appeared with two options: add a local / network printer. You need to choose the first option, due to the fact that the connection is via USB, without automatic configuration by the computer.
- The next window opens, in which you need to select a port from the proposed options to connect the printer to the computer. In a huge list, look for such a line USB001 (virtual USB printer port) and press the active “Next” button.
- In the next window that appears, you will have to select the printing device that you are trying to connect, or rather its model. Then we press “next” again.
Important! If you did not find your printer in the list of offered ones, then you will have to install the drivers manually using a disk (usually included in the kit) or by downloading from the Internet. To do this, you need to click no further, but the “Install from disk” tab. A window appears where you must specify the path to the folder with the drivers. This can be the path to the drive or to the location where you downloaded them.
- By clicking next, another window appears, where a choice is provided: use the current drivers or replace the current software. You must choose the second option. Click “Next”.
- At this stage, the installation of drivers is in progress, setting up the connection of the printer to a laptop / computer.
- In the process, a window will appear where you can enable or disable general access to the printing device. For local use, it is recommended to check the box next to the ban. Click “Next” again.
- At the final stage, a window appears with a notification that the installation process for such and such a printer model is completed. In this window, you need to put permission next to: “Use this printer always”.
After that, you will see that the printer appeared in the device panel and now you can try to print several sheets.
Multiple computers and one device
You can connect the device so that several computers can use it, for example, in an office, via Wi-FI. To do this, first of all, you need to enable free access. To activate it, as always, go to “Devices and Printers” from the main computer, which will always be the priority one, and select the icon of your already connected printer. Click on it with the right mouse button and select the tab for making changes. “Properties”.
After clicking, the settings window pops up, where you need the “Access” subsection. The network name of the device (model) is entered into the corresponding tab and access is given to all connected computers / laptops.
In this case, do not forget to put a confirmation checkmark in front of “Share this printer” and click “Yes” to save the changes.
In Windows 7 and higher operating systems, to connect the printer to the computer and for everything to work, you must additionally enable user access. To do this, you need to go to the “Network and Internet” subsection through “Start”, and then go to network management (it’s easier to enter through the icon on the external panel, which shows the connection to WI-FI). In the sidebar, select: “Change additional access parameters”. Two tabs with profiles will appear: a combined home / work and a separate general one. You need to do the following in both subsections. In each of the subcategories, you must enable network discovery and check the box next to: “Enable sharing for network users”.
Now, just below, find the line “Shared with protection” and put a checkmark in front of it.
After that, you can use the printer on several computers, just do not try to print at the same time, otherwise the system will freeze.
How to connect a scanner to a computer: step by step
- After studying the instructions, you can start connecting the device. First you need to disconnect your computer from the network.
- Connect the cable from the scanning device to the corresponding port on the computer or laptop.
- Turn on the computer or laptop, wait until the equipment is fully loaded.
- The boot field will display a system message on the screen stating that a new device has been detected.
- Insert the disc into the drive, and load the drivers. You can not use the disc, but download from a special site from an Internet resource.
- Use the installation wizard to install the software.
- Scan any document or image to test device operation.
- If you need to connect several computers to one scanner, you will have to use a network switch.
If you need to connect several computers to one scanner, you will have to use a network switch. Thus, you can connect any office equipment: printer, fax or telephone. Drivers must be installed on all types of hardware. Only in this case, uninterrupted operation of the equipment is possible. Otherwise, scanning or faxing of documents will not work correctly, or will not function at all.
What is required for this
After studying the operating manual of the device, you must prepare all the necessary cables, make sure that there are no external mechanical damages on them. The connecting wires should not be stretched when connecting, as there is an increased likelihood of a break in the connection. The equipment itself should also be inspected for damage or cracks. Typically, a CD containing the necessary drivers and software is included with the scanner. The disc does not need to be removed far, it will make it easier to install files through the floppy drive. Modern computer models are not all equipped with disk drives, so no disks are needed for such equipment. For such cases, drivers can be downloaded from special sites. It is advisable to take advantage of the offer to download and install drivers from the scanner manufacturer’s website.
Reference! If the cable that connects the computer and the scanner is too long, then for convenience it must be carefully rolled up and secured with a rope or cord. This will help not to stumble about it and, thereby, extend its service life.
Connecting the Scanner to a Computer
For high-quality operation of the device, you need to correctly connect and install drivers. Modern equipment is equipped with everything necessary for an ordinary person to cope with this without certain skills and knowledge.
First, prepare a comfortable place for your device near your computer. For future convenience and comfort in work, it is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the device, the length of the connecting wire. After the scanner is in place, you can start connecting.
Important! Before you start connecting the device, you must carefully read the instructions for use and operation of the equipment.
How to connect a scanner to a computer
A scanner is required to create copies of documents, photographs and any notes on paper. It analyzes the contents of paper media, and reproduces their digital image, saving the file on a computer. To install the equipment, it is necessary not only to correctly connect the device to the computer, but also to configure it for operation. The equipment is necessary for the full functioning of most organizations, and more and more people are purchasing a device for personal use.
How to troubleshoot
The first step is to make sure the equipment is plugged into a power source and turned on. The fact that the device is connected to power is indicated by a lit indicator located at the bottom of the case. Then you need to check if the cables are connected correctly. If one of them is not properly connected, this may be the cause of the problem. Many models of modern scanners are equipped with special levers that block equipment during transport. This fact should be indicated in the operating instructions, so you should carefully reread it again. Sometimes it is possible to normalize the scanner operation by simply restarting your computer or laptop.
What problems may arise
It may happen that the connection was made according to the rules, but the scanner still does not work. There can be many reasons for the problem. One of the possible reasons may be that the drivers were not installed. The scanner may not work if the cables are poorly or loosely connected to the computer, or if the control stick is simply not turned on. Scanning may not take place or the image quality is very poor. Sequential hardware verification steps should be taken to determine the true problem.
Depending on Windows
After installing the device to a computer with a Windows 8 or 8.1 operating system, a problem may arise that is completely solvable. A frame with the message “Unable to connect scanner” may appear on the computer monitor. This system does not install non-digitally signed drivers by default. The system has only one boot mode. To solve this problem, you should perform the following sequential actions:
- Go to the side menu, find the item “Parameters”.
- The next item is “Changing computer settings”.
- Go to “Update and Recovery”, and then to “Recovery”.
- To get to the boot options selection menu, you need to restart the computer while holding down the “Shift” key.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Diagnostics” item, then “Boot parameters”.
- A list of items will appear, from which select “Connect mandatory verification of driver signatures”, restart the computer.
- After rebooting, the “Boot Parameters” menu will appear, select the item under number 7. This is done using the key with the same number.
- Now you should restore the previously deleted software.
- Check the operation of the device by printing any document.
After all these steps, the scanner will start working. In order for the equipment to work smoothly for a long time, it is necessary to handle it carefully. The scanner must not be dropped, bumped, or installed in a humid or dusty environment. Subject to the basic rules, the device will last a long time and with high quality.
About printers and the nature of the problem
Despite the fact that there are not so many commonly available types of printers, about five, the technologies by which they work are being improved by each company that produces them. Thus, it turns out that in fact each model is more or less unique in terms of technology of work and production.
The idea of a wireless connection has long been pushed into this area of computer technology. Already five years ago, it was possible to purchase a multifunctional device (MFP) with support for Wi-Fi connections. It would seem worth adding a Wi-Fi module. But it’s not that simple.
Even now, there are many different subtleties and ways to connect a wireless printer to a gadget or computer. In fact, each model can have different from its predecessor not only settings, but the very principle of operation. Therefore, connecting a printer to a computer via Wi-Fi is not such an easy thing. But what can I say, there is a case when a newfangled device with Wi-Fi support could not be configured even in the native service center.
But it’s okay to connect, but setting up a printer via Wi-Fi in some cases is simply super difficult, and sometimes even almost impossible. Why so confuse and complicate such a process, which should initially be simple and intuitive, is unknown.
Since there is no universal method, at least a few of the most common ones should be described. But even this does not guarantee that they will be at least partially useful to everyone who purchased such a device. In any case, here we will consider the three most common connection methods, which can be conditionally designated as follows:
The easy way
This option is the most convenient and least expensive in terms of the number of steps and time. It does not require any additional processes to be performed. You just need to install the device in the right place and turn it on. Of course, the gadget must be within the reach of the Wi-Fi coverage through which information will be exchanged.
After the device is connected to the mains and turned on, you will need to start the PC. Then we install the drivers from the accompanying disk and reboot the system. After the operating system is fully loaded, where the Wi-Fi module will be automatically launched, go to the “Start” menu located in the lower left corner of the monitor screen, and in the right column of the window we find and click on the position “Devices and Printers”.
By clicking, a window will be launched, where all connected devices will be displayed, including the ones we need. It will not be difficult to find it, since the manufacturer and model will be displayed in its name.
Just right-click on it to bring up the context menu, and select the second item from the top with the name “Use as default”.
If everything was done correctly, then a round green icon with a white checkmark will be displayed on the device icon.
In principle, that’s it. the gadget is ready to use. But before printing any documents to the printer via Wi-Fi, it is recommended to print a test page.
Devices with this type of connection have one very significant drawback, namely, if you forget to turn off the device after use, then an unscrupulous neighbor or colleague will be able to connect to it and send a couple of unnecessary files for printing. Therefore, it is advisable to turn off the device at the end of the work.
The last option we are considering, how to connect a laptop to a printer via Wi-Fi, is the most difficult relative to the previous two.
Such pairing schemes have their own nuances that can play a role, or they can even be left out. The fact is that it may happen that the device will work from the start and no special actions and manipulations will have to be performed. This course of events is possible only if the stock IP address of the device is located within the same subnet with the used provider and the dedicated client.
Simply put, this is unlikely, especially since most of the currently used are not static IP addresses, but dynamic ones.
For machines with a similar connection scheme, you will need to add to the PC settings the IP address that the printer uses.
You will need to go to “Devices and Printers” again and click on the “Add Printer” button.
In the displayed window, two blocks will be presented, of which we need the lower one, which has the signature “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
The refreshed window will start automatic search. When the printer is found, it will be displayed in the main part of the window.
We double-click on it, and a small window will appear here, where you will need to enter the IP address specified in the instructions for the purchased device. When we finish entering the data, a notification will appear about the successful connection of the device. After restarting the computer, you can start printing the necessary documents.
How to protect your Wi-Fi network
I have over 10 years of experience in the IT field. I am engaged in design and adjustment of commissioning works. I also have extensive experience in building networks, system administration and working with access control systems and video surveillance.
I work as a specialist in the Techno-Master company.
We connect the printer to the laptop via Wi-Fi
The last decade has passed under the umbrella of mobility, and therefore manufacturers have begun to slowly switch to wireless technology. Output media are no exception, and today let’s look at how to connect a printer via Wi-Fi.
In terms of execution, this method practically does not differ from the previous one, with the exception of some nuances. Immediately after installing the drivers and utilities from the printer, you will need to go into the settings of the device itself and select the network to which it will be connected.
This is done very simply. It just takes a little patience and care. In principle, everything will be approximately the same as when adding any other device to an existing Wi-Fi network.
First, we find the desired network, and then enter the encryption key. It seems like a trifle, but the convenience grows significantly. In fact, you have succeeded in making the printer networked over Wi-Fi. And this allows almost any Wi-Fi device connected to this access point to directly send files for printing, without the intervention of a personal computer or laptop.
In addition, devices coupled according to this scheme are completely devoid of the disadvantage of the previous method, and the level of ease of use becomes simply prohibitive.
My HP 2900 printer is connected to a stationary computer, and the computer is connected to a Wi-Fi router. I’m trying to connect this printer via this Wi-Fi using the described 3rd method, but the laptop does not find any printer, although the stationary computer finds it right away. What is the reason, explain. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I will be grateful and thanks in advance.
It did not help, the printer cannot be found using the network.