How to connect a Canon printer via WI-FI
Without a doubt, the printer is a very convenient and useful device in the household. But this device is rather bulky, especially in comparison with a miniature netbook or tablet. And tying a mobile PC to a heavy stationary device using a “standard” cable connection is at least irrational.
Therefore, in this article, we will take a closer look at how to connect a printer to a laptop via WI-FI, as well as what to do if the printer does not see Wi-Fi.
And first of all, let’s dwell on the “classics of the genre”: how to make WI-FI out of an ordinary printer?
After all, agree that in order to configure a wireless connection between the printer and the laptop, both devices must support this function.
How to connect a printer via WI-FI. General instruction
- First you need to find a printer that will suit you. It must connect to the router.
- Using a network cable, you need to connect the network port of the router to the printer. Next, we connect the printer to a personal PC.
- On all computers that will be in the network, it is imperative to install all the necessary drivers for the selected printer.
- You need to set a static IP for the device. It is best to use the addresses of the zone where other devices on the network are located. Only the fourth segments should be different in all addresses. When activated, the network printer will have the same IP even if the DHCP function is enabled in the router.
- To find the device conveniently, as well as to avoid confusion, you can change the name of the printer.
Connection can be made using the built-in Print Server. With its help, the connection is made. As a result, access is opened from any personal PC that is in the network coverage area.
First, you need to connect the printer to one of the computers on the network. To do this, you need to connect it to the USB port and load all the drivers necessary for its operation. They are most often supplied with the printer on an installation disc. To check if the installation is correct, you need to run a test page. If everything is installed correctly, the next step is to set it up as a network printer.
To connect the printer via Wi-Fi, you first need to set up the print server. To do this, you need to connect the printer to the router. The built-in menu of the router is used for configuration. To get into it, you need to write 192.168.1.1 in the search bar in any browser. If the IP address was changed during configuration, then you must enter the changed address.
In devices, you can now see the printer and check its status. The most important setting here is Printer location. In this line, you will need to write the network address of the device on each personal PC that is connected to the network. The printer must be installed on every computer. When the setup wizard starts, you will need to note that this will be a network printer.
The printer address is indicated by the one shown on the router. If the printer model is not displayed, you need to install a local device on this computer. If everything went well, it becomes the default on every PC. To check that everything was done correctly, you can print a test page.
There is another way to connect a printer via WI-FI. This method will be ideal if the IP address of the personal PC and Windows 7 OS are within the same radius as the network printer. To work, you need to turn on Wi-Fi on the printer and find it on the computer.
The above WI-FI setup method may not work. Then you need to open “Network Neighborhood”, then right-click on the icon, select properties and open “Network Connections”. Next, we find the “Local network”, and here we need the “General” tab. There we find the TCP / IP protocol and in its properties we write the IP address, which we find in the instructions for this device.
There is another way how to connect the printer via Wi-Fi. To implement it on a router, you need to create access points. To do this, you need to connect the router to the printer using Wi-Fi for this. In the printer, you need to specify the type of encryption used and the access key. If the Wi-Fi indicator lights up, it means that everything was done correctly.
Using an internal LAN between the printer and laptop.
This is possible when a computer connected to a wireless network is able to independently distribute WI-FI.
Here, to set up a WI-FI printer connection, you should:
Connecting a network printer in Windows 7
How to connect a printer via WI-FI if Windows version 7 is used? Installation can be greatly simplified. To do this, only for the seventh version, you can use a special utility. She will be able to automate the entire installation process.
At the beginning of the installation, you need to make sure that the network printer model supports the router.
After connecting, as in the case described above, we write the following in the address bar of our browser: 192.168.1.1. Add a printer. Now you need to select a port for it. Go to the “Create port” section and select “Standart TCP / IP Ports”. The next step, the installation wizard will tell you that you need to register an IP address. This address for the router and printer must be the same. Now you need to select the usual type of device and continue to connect the printer via a WI-FI router.
You need to install all the drivers required for the printer. Find the required model in the proposed list. After completing all these steps, the installation wizard will offer to proceed to setting up the sharing of the device.
The installation wizard will inform you about the correct installation of the drivers and offer to use the default printer. Click on the “Finish” button, and now it remains to configure the port properties.
We click on the installed printer with the right mouse button, and in its properties, in the TCP port settings, select the LPR protocol and give it a name.
When connecting, many users overlook some of the details of the settings, as a result of which not everything works as it should.
The most common mistakes when connecting and configuring
When installing equipment, people do not always carefully read the instructions that come with the equipment and tell you how to set up the printer via WI-FI.
It is also necessary to choose the correct location for the router. The coverage area of the router must necessarily cover all those places where access is needed. With a weak signal, the router must be positioned in such a way that its network slightly extends beyond the boundaries of the apartment or office.
Wireless pairing ideas are ubiquitous. The trend has not been on the side of Bosch and the equipment for the output of information. Therefore, it is required to solve the question of how to connect the printer to the laptop via WI-FI.
This method consists in using the Add Wireless Hardware Wizard in Windows.
Before connecting the printer to a computer via WI-FI in this way, you need to make sure that the printing equipment can connect using the wizard.
If the all-in-one printer supports WEP and WPA encryption, the pairing will be successful. It is necessary to connect the device in the following sequence:
- In the device control menu, select “Settings”. “Network”. The wizard will display a list of nearby access points.
- Choosing our Wi-Fi.
- Enter the network encryption password.
How do I connect a wireless printer to my computer if the previous methods didn’t work? There is one more way, but it differs in complexity in comparison with the previous options. In such techniques, there are always nuances that can play a role in connecting devices. Most often they relate to the factory IP address and subnet mask, which is provided by the provider.
But such a situation is unlikely, and therefore it does not hurt to connect an all-in-one printer. This is due to the fact that most of the equipment does not use static addresses, but dynamic ones. For printing equipment of this kind, you just need to add the IP address available on the device in the computer settings. How to connect a printer to a laptop without a wire in this case? Follow the following scheme:
- We go to the control panel.
- We select the item “Devices and Printers”. “Printer Installation”.
- 2 items will appear in the window that opens. Here you will need to select the “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” block.
- The PC will start searching for suitable hardware automatically. When the all-in-one printer is found, it will appear on the screen.
- After that, you need to open the proposed block, where you must enter the IP, which has all-in-one printer.
At the end of the connection procedure, a window will appear notifying you of successful pairing with the output device. You can start working with printing equipment immediately after restarting the laptop.
Full-frame mirrorless camera equipped with innovative technologies
Unleash your creativity with our range of DSLR cameras.
The power of DSLR cameras in a compact body.
Find the perfect versatile camera for you.
Control external and on-camera flashes.
Create and share beautiful HD videos.
Enjoy the highest image quality.
Discover all the possibilities of filming.
Find out more about new Canon camcorders.
Full frame mirrorless lenses unique to the EOS R.
Combination of superior image quality, versatility and speed.
Lenses for excellent image quality on APS-C sensor cameras.
Portable, lightweight lenses designed specifically for EOS M cameras.
Devices for photo printing and home use.
Experience our versatile and reliable printers.
prints with less cost without sacrificing quality
How to add a printer to an iPhone and print from it
Find supplies for your Canon printer.
Cloud storage and image management.
Create beautiful video and photo chronicles.
Convenient home storage for pictures and videos.
With Image Stabilizer. for nature, travel and sports.
Stylish and practical. mobile, desktop, scientific and printing.
Photos, documents and large format materials for office and home.
Red laser pointers for presentations.
High quality printers and faxes for your business.
Digital projectors for visual impact.
High performance and discreet security and video surveillance cameras.
Find consumables for your business printer.
Admire the best moments in the image timeline.
Shoot, send and sync using your smartphone.
Expand the capabilities of your EOS camera.
Download it now and take great shots.
Print from your smartphone or tablet to PIXMA and SELPHY printers
Tips and tricks from the print professionals.
Check out the latest tips and techniques.
Stay connected for easy storage and transfer of data.
Inspirational work from amateurs and professionals.
Photographers share their creative secrets.
Get expert advice every week.
Stay up to date with the latest digital innovations.
Check out our photography tips and tricks.
Find out about upcoming events for photographers.
Stay up to date with all new product information
Download software for your Canon product.
Download the Canon product user manual.
Look for answers to frequently asked questions.
Learn more about Canon Professional Services, including benefits and how to become a member.
Find answers to many of the frequently asked questions about Canon Professional Services here.
Find contact information for your country and ask experts for help.
Our experts will ensure the smooth operation of your equipment, improve its performance or repair it.
Find Drivers, Manuals, Firmware and Software.
Find instructions on how to set up a wireless connection on your PIXMA MG3540 printer and how to reset the printer to factory settings.
Some access points (sometimes also called routers or hubs) have an auto connect button labeled “WPS,” an abbreviation for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
It allows related devices, such as the PIXMA MG3540, to connect to the network without the need for a password, and provides a quick and easy way to connect devices.
This is the most convenient way to connect your PIXMA MG3540, so if your access point has a WPS button please select the WPS Connection Method tab below for instructions on how to connect using that method.
If your router does not support WPS, please refer to the alternative instructions for connecting your PIXMA MG3540 by selecting the Standard Connection Method tab below
Before you start, there are a few conditions you must meet to use the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS button. For more information, refer to the user manual for your device. If there is no WPS button, follow the instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab.
- The network must use WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 encryption. Most access points with WPS support use this protocol.
Press and hold the [Wi-Fi] button on the top of the printer until the orange alarm indicator blinks once.
Make sure that the indicator next to the button starts flashing blue, then on the access point press and hold the [WPS] button for 2 minutes.
For exact information on how to run WPS on an access point, refer to the access point’s user manual.
The Wi-Fi indicator (blue) located on the printer will continue to flash while searching, and the Power and Wi-Fi indicator will flash when connected to an access point.
After the printer establishes a wireless network connection, the Power and Wi-Fi light stops blinking and stays on without blinking.
To confirm that the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, you can print the network settings for your printer:
Load a sheet of A4 or Letter size plain paper.
Press and hold the [Resume / Cancel] button until the indicator flashes 15 times, then release the button.
The network information page prints.
When using the data from the printout, make sure “Connection” is displayed as “Active” and that the SSID (wireless network name) contains the correct name for your wireless network.
This completes the WPS setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG3540.
If you do not have an installation CD with your product, you can download manuals and software by selecting your product on the PIXMA product line page.
If you cannot complete the WPS wireless setup following these instructions, please contact us for further instructions.
For Windows users: insert the supplied CD and run the installer.
If the installation CD that came with the product is not available, or if you are a Mac user, manuals and software can be downloaded by selecting the product on the PIXMA product line page.
After the initial screen is displayed, click [Next].
When the following screen is displayed, enter your password to enable installation of the Assistant Tool, then click [Installation Assistant]
After the following screen appears, click [Next].
Note: When a screen appears asking you to choose between USB and Wireless, select [Wireless].
Make sure the printer is on, the light is on, and then click [Next].
Click [Connect to Network].
When the following screen appears, click [Wireless Installation].
Please note: Wireless installation method is not supported for Windows XP users. Select [Custom Installation], then go to step 5.
When the [Connect via Wireless Setup] screen appears, hold down the [Wi-Fi] button (A) on the printer until the orange alarm indicator (B) flashes 2 times, then release after the second flash.
Check that the Wi-Fi indicator (A, blue) is blinking rapidly and the power indicator (green) is on. Click [Next].
Please note: your network connection will be disconnected during installation.
Windows XP users only: Select [Wireless Setup with USB Cable]
After the following screen appears, select your region and click [Next].
After the following screen is displayed, select the region of residence and click [Next].
After the following screen appears, select the software you want to install and click [Next]. If you are not sure what software you want to install at this stage, do not worry. you can always uninstall it at a later stage.
After the following screen appears, click [Yes] to accept the terms of the license agreement.
After the following screen appears, click [Next].
The next screen shows the printer model and the name (or SSID) of the wireless network.
Windows (excluding Windows XP users)
This concludes the wireless setup for Windows.
Windows XP users, or users of systems where the printer cannot be found, need to proceed with the USB installation detailed in step 6.
When the following screen appears, click [Add Printer]
On the next screen, select the [Canon IJ Network] version of the network driver and click [Add].
Click [Next] to complete the installation.
This concludes the wireless setup for Mac.
Users of systems where the printer cannot be found will need to proceed with the USB installation detailed in step 6.
USB cable setup for Windows XP users and users on systems where no network connection is detected
Select [Set up a network connection with USB cable], then click [Next].
After the following screen appears, connect the printer to your computer using the supplied USB cable. This cable has a symbol on the connector.
For Mac Users: Click [Next].
After the printer is detected, the following screen appears.
The name of the access point to which the computer is connected will be displayed (in place of “xxxxxxxxxxxxx”).
If you want to connect the printer to a wireless network, click [Yes].
When the following screen is displayed, click [Allow].
After the following screen appears, disconnect the printer from your computer and click [Next].
When the following screen appears, click [Finish].
This completes the setup for Windows.
Once the printer is found, the following screen appears, displaying the name of the access point to which the computer is connected (in place of “xxxxxxxxxxxxx”). Click [OK].
After the following screen appears, click [Add Printer].
On the next screen, select the [Canon IJ Network] driver version and click [Add].
Click [Next] to complete the installation.
This completes the setup for Mac.
If you cannot complete wireless setup following these instructions, please contact us for instructions on how to proceed.
How to connect a WI-FI printer to a computer and laptop?
Of the “classic” ways to connect a WI-FI printer, you can note:
Connecting the printer via WI-FI router:
To do this, first enable the function WPS on your router, and then use the WPS (QSS) button to connect your printer to your home WI-FI network.
To print via Wi-Fi, it is enough to connect from your laptop to the installed printer via the local network (see the link at the end of the article).
To do this, run the “Search for available networks” in the printer control panel and select the network of your router by SSID. Here you will need to specify the password for Wi-Fi and confirm the connection to the network, after which the corresponding WI-FI indicator should light up on the printer.
Run the driver installation and select a WI-FI connection with manual configuration of the parameters, after which the printer will be available for a wireless LAN connection.
Canon printers are affordable, easy to use, and good value for money. Models of this brand have positively established themselves in the market. If you usually do not have problems with installing via cable, then setting up the printer in Wi-fi mode can be difficult. Let’s consider how to connect a Canon printer via Wi-fi to a computer or laptop, using the example of the common flagships Canon Pixma G3400, Canon Pixma MG3640.
The line of Pixma printers, in particular the G3400 model, is equipped with a Wi-fi adapter that implements the connection of a Canon Pixma printer in the following modes:
- infrastructure, that is, to a home network using a router;
- direct connection in hotspot mode.
The main problem in this case is switching between modes. The Pixma G3400 does not have a display, so all manipulations are performed blindly by pressing and holding the buttons on the printer body.
The manufacturer recommends connecting a Canon printer to a computer in the access point mode, determining this method as the easiest. Follow these steps:
- Connect the printer to the mains.
- Press and hold the Wi-fi button until the printer power light starts blinking.
- Sequentially press the buttons for black print, color print and Wi-fi. The power indicator will stop blinking and will be illuminated continuously.
- Activate Wi-fi on a computer or laptop.
- Find your printer model in the list of displayed equipment.
- Enter the requested password. As a password for new printers, a serial number is entered, which can be viewed directly on the printer.
If there were no failures during the execution of the algorithm, then the connection was successful, and you can start working. To connect a Canon printer to a laptop, you need to do exactly the same steps.
Some differences arise when setting up Wi-fi over a home network using a router. In this case, the Pixma printer must be switched to infrastructure mode.
- Press and hold the Wi-fi button until the printer power light starts blinking.
- Sequentially press the buttons for color printing, black printing and Wi-fi. The power indicator will light up constantly.
Similar to connecting via an access point, the searched printer is defined in the hardware folder and set as the default printing device. In order to avoid confusion, when which buttons to press, it is worth writing down this information and sticking it directly on the printer so that it is always at hand.
How to connect a Canon printer to the phone via WI-FI, how to print
Today smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. With their help, people perform many different tasks. Now you can even print documents or photos directly from your phone without connecting the printer to your computer. You no longer need to send files to be printed to the PC. Many manufacturers have all-in-one printer lines that support wireless Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity. Canon has this, for example, the PIXMA lineup, whose representatives have the function of direct printing from mobile devices running on iOS or Android platforms.
Among PIXMA printers, there are quite a few models with built-in Wi-Fi. They do not need a USB cable to connect and network. Once the printer is on the wireless network, you can use the option to print from all devices. computers, mobile phones and tablets, which are also connected to the same network. The step-by-step instructions below explain in detail how to connect your phone to a printer and organize the printing of documents and images without a computer.
Setting up Canon printers is very easy. Many devices come from the manufacturer with drivers and software already installed (AirPrint and Google Drive Print), which are required for printing in Wi-Fi connection mode. There are also standard applications from Canon. Canon PRINT, Mobile Printing Device and PIXMA Printing Solutions, which have versions for both iOS and Android.
Instructions for iOS devices
- Download the Canon PRINT app from the App Store, install it on your iPhone or iPad.
- The Canon printer must be plugged into an electrical outlet and turned on so that a green light is on on it, confirming that the device is ready for use.
- Also check the blue light on your PIXMA printer. When connected to Wi-Fi, it blinks several times, and then the “Online” indicator lights up and stays on without blinking.
- Launch the Canon PRINT app on the smartphone. On the main screen in the upper left corner, tap the “Add a printer” icon (a printer with a “” icon), then “Register a printer” and “Configure a printer”. In the settings, check the option “Connect via a wireless router”.
- A message will appear on the screen recommending that you establish a Wi-Fi connection between the printer and the iPhone / tablet. Exit Canon PRINT on your iOS device and go to Wi-Fi settings. Find “Canon IJ” among the available wireless networks and connect your phone to it.
- When the phone connects, return to the Canon printing program. Tap “OK”.
- Choose a name for the access point or wireless network you will be using. Enter the password to log into the network and tap “OK”.
- The network settings will be sent to the printer. In the process of setting, when the corresponding prompt appears on the screen, click “OK”.
- Check if the printer is found. It should appear at the top of the application window. Choose a name for your printer so you can use it when connected to iPhone.
- When prompted to connect, click OK. Now try to print something from your phone.
We accept for payment:
“Gift certificate” from our Training Center is the best gift for those who are dear to you! Pay tuition and present your family and friends with tuition for any of the courses.
“Certificate for retraining” gives you the opportunity to retrain in our Training Center with a discount of 1000 rubles!
How to connect a Canon MX490 printer to Wi-Fi
Follow easy instructions to connect my Canon Pixma MX490 printer to WI-FI
Canon. a popular Japanese multinational company specializing in the production of imaging and optical devices such as steppers, cameras and printers. Hence, there is no question that Canon provides its customers with the best range of products and services, including the Canon MX490 printers that have made printing easier and easier.
Plus, for those using the Canon Mx490 printers, there are impeccable features on offer, including:
- The printer offers its customers high resolution and incredible print quality for both personal and business documents.
- Integrated with 20 sheet document feeder, allowing customers to print and scan multiple documents at the same time.
- A special feature called Pretty Mode that allows users to print documents without disturbing others.
- In addition, users are also offered an auto-switch mode option.
- Users can easily scan and print documents from their iPhone, iPad and other smart devices.
- In addition, the printer is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, making it easy for users to print documents.
Also, many users have questions about how to connect my Canon Pixma MX490 printer to Wi-Fi. Well, connect your MX490 printer to Wi-Fi. no fuss task, all you need to do is follow the simple steps below to experience easy printing.
Setting up for connecting a Canon MX490 printer to Wi-Fi
- To get started with the Canon MX490 printer, the user must make sure the printer is turned on.
- After that, the user needs to click the “Setup” button to connect the MX490 printer to WI-FI.
- In addition, the user needs to use the left or right arrow buttons to select the wireless setting they wish to connect to the printer.
- Then the user should click the OK button and continue the process.
- The printer will then automatically find a connection with a compatible wireless router.
From the provided list of connections, the user must select the network that he wants to add to his printers
Button method. connecting using the WPS button:
- Press and hold the WPS switch on the wireless router.
- Press the OK button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- When the Connected screen appears, click the OK button.
- Then press the COPY button.
- This completes the network connection setup.
WPS PIN method. connecting using a WPS PIN:
- Select “Other setting” and press the OK button.
- Select WPS PIN and press OK button.
- After that, set the PIN to the wireless router.
- When the screen displays “Connected”, press the OK button.
- Then click the COPY button.
- Completed WPS PIN setting for network connection.
Wireless setting method. connecting via wireless setup:
- Select “Other customization option” and click “OK”.
- Select the “Wireless Installation” option and click the “OK” button.
- When the preparation of your printer is complete, a screen appears.
Alternatively, you can try the alternative way of setting up the Canon Pixma MX490 wireless LAN, which is presented below:
- For this alternate process, the user must run the installation CD on their computer.
- Next, from the options provided, the user needs to select the wireless connection option.
- After that, the user needs to turn on the printer and make sure the blue light is blinking.
- After that, the user should click on the network connection option.
Now select WPS for automatic wireless connection.
- To connect wirelessly, the user simply needs to press and hold the Wi-Fi button until it turns orange.
- After that, as soon as the printer is connected, the user will be able to see a flashing blue light, which means the printer is connected to the network.
- After that, the user must click on the “Next” option and provide the necessary information to complete the installation process.
And at the end of this process, the question of how to connect the Canon MX490 printer to WI-FI has been resolved. So now you can easily connect your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi printer and print documents with ease.
How to connect Canon MG3620 printer to Wi-Fi
This way you can easily learn how to connect your Canon Pixma Mg3620 printer to your wireless network.
It explains the entire process of connecting the Canon MG3620 printer to Wi-Fi. Here are the steps to help you learn how to connect my Canon mg3620 printer to Wi-Fi. Each step is presented in an orderly manner. Details of all steps:
Before starting Wireless Printer Connection Setup:
There are a few things that users should make sure of just before setting up a wireless connection, here are some things that the user should make sure of.
- User must make sure the printer is turned on.
- If the printer is on, then the ON lamp on the printer will light up.
- In case the printer is performing cleaning, print head alignment or any other process, the user needs to wait for the above process to complete before starting the setup process.
- If the WI-FI indicator on the printer is blinking, then the user must press the “Stop” button.
Please select a connection method below:
Then users can implement the connection method as below. It may happen that the Internet connection becomes unavailable.
Steps 1: Connect using wireless setup
Users can establish a connection by following the steps given below:
- Users need to press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the ON indicator flashes.
- Then the user needs to press the located color button, and then the WI-FI button.
- User should make sure the WI-FI indicator is blinking fast and the ON indicator is on.
- After that, the user needs to return to the application screen and continue the configuration process.
Configuring Wireless Network Canon Pixma MG3620 Windows 10:
Users may wonder how to connect Canon mg3620 printer to Wi-Fi on Windows. The steps below mentioned here is a suitable answer to learn about setting up Canon mg3620 Wi-Fi in Windows:
- First go to Canon official website.
- Find your product model and select Windows operating system.
- User must click the download option to begin the wireless setup process.
- A download message will appear.
- The user has to select the “Save As” option from the “Save” menu and then save it anywhere.
- After the download is complete, a message will appear about clicking the “Run” button.
Canon Pixma Mg3620 Mac Wi-Fi Setup:
These steps show you how to connect a Canon mg3620 printer to Wi-Fi on a Mac device. Follow these simple steps:
- First go to the official Canon printers website.
- Find your printer model and select your Mac operating system.
- And click the download option to start the installation process.
- A series of messages will then be displayed.
- The user must check each message and then select the option “Open” or “Always allow”.
Steps 2: Connect Canon MG3620 Printer Wirelessly to Access Point Using WPS Button Steps:
- First press and hold the WI-FI button until the ON indicator lights up.
- After that press the Black Start button, then the WI-FI button.
- Make sure the WI-FI indicator is blinking quickly and the ON indicator is on.
- While the WI-FI indicator is blinking quickly, go to your wireless router, press and hold the WPS button for two minutes.
- When the connection is established, the WI-FI and ON indicators light up.
Steps 3: Connecting Canon MG3620 Printer to Wireless LAN Using WPS PIN Code Steps:
- The user must press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the ON light on the printer flashes.
- Then the user needs to press the WI-FI button. (Shortly thereafter, all of the wireless setup information will be printed, including the PIN.)
- The user must hold down the Stop button on the printer until the alarm indicator blinks 16 times. After that, the user must release the “Stop” button after 16 flashes.
- Users need to set the WPS PIN described on the printed network configuration page for the wireless router.
- Make sure the printer’s WI-FI light is on.
The above steps will help users to set up Canon mg3620 wireless network without any hassle. Experts can be contacted at any time if problems arise. Experts are highly qualified and have a wealth of information on how to learn how to connect Canon MG3620 printer to Wi-Fi.
Faced with problems. contact technical experts:
Users can contact experienced technicians for related assistance and assistance in resolving technical issues. The steps described here are simple and can be easily applied without any problem. Experts can be contacted at any time. Available technicians. they are experienced and certified professionals who are always ready to provide the necessary advice and assistance. The support team consists of highly qualified specialists.
How to connect Canon mg3620 printer to Wi-Fi
Instructions for Android devices
To connect the printer to an Android phone via Wi-Fi, follow the steps in the following sequence:
In fact, if you have a Wi-Fi printer, you can make a wide variety of print settings right from your phone. For example, choose two-sided printing, customize the color palette, print not the entire document, but only specific pages, and much more.
Modern devices allow in direct connection mode to do everything that previously could only be done on a computer. Today they can be paired with each other directly or remotely. A printer, besides physical, can also be virtual, cloud-based. For example, by registering on the PIXMA Printing Solutions website, you can access your printer and scanner no matter where you are in the world. You will always have the opportunity to print your documents and pictures. And this is great, since the advanced capabilities available “on the go” greatly facilitate and speed up many important processes on which the quality of our life largely depends.
Features of Wi-Fi connection
This is one of the most convenient and common ways to connect. Most of the printing devices (excluding the most budgetary segment of the market and outdated models) have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, which allows you to synchronize the printer with a mobile device.
How to set up printing from your phone over Wi-Fi:
- Connect all necessary cables (power supply, PC connection if necessary) and install cartridges.
- Switch on printing device.
- Start the router (router) if it was not turned on.
- Enable Wi-Fi module on the printer. This can be done either with a separate key on the front panel or via the on-screen menu. If you have any difficulties, it is best to familiarize yourself with the instruction manual included in the kit.
- Connect the printer and mobile device to the network.
Now you need to determine how the smartphone (tablet) will be connected. This can be done in the following ways:
- through a virtual printer;
- using a remote connection.
What can be printed from a gadget?
Neither the operating system nor the hardware of mobile phones impose any restrictions. This means that a tablet or phone can send absolutely any document or photo for printing. Of course, provided that there is a suitable application for them, and the option is configured and functions properly.
In this case, phones for printing to a printer can be connected via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or via a USB cable. None of the connection methods also imposes any restrictions on the types and amounts of data transfer. The difference can only be in speed.
Virtual printers transfer data from a mobile phone or tablet through cloud storage, so before using it, you need to clarify whether the gadget supports working with the cloud. Every Android smartphone uses Google Cloud Print, and Apple devices use AirPrint. Both utilities are included in the operating system and do not require installation.
If the printer supports AirPrint, then it will be automatically detected by the phone. To send documents for printing, you just need to click on the “Share” button and select the “Print” section.
Instructions for setting up a virtual printer are available in the format
To set up Google Cloud Print, you need to do the following:
- Launch Google Chrome and sign in to your Google account.
- Open browser settings and go to the advanced settings section.
- We are looking for “Google Cloud Print” and click “Configure”.
- On the page that opens, at the bottom, select “Add a printer”.
- Select your device from the list and click “Add”.
- After a few seconds, the message “Procedure completed” appears and you will need to select “Manage printers”.
- On the next page, select “Add a regular printer”.
Cloud Print is installed and connected to your current Google Account. Now, from any smartphone (tablet) running such an account, you can send a document for printing.
Install the “Virtual Printer” application on your gadget. We will have instructions for Cloud Print:
- Open the application and tap on the printer icon from above.
- Select your all-in-one printer from the list that appears.
- We are looking for the necessary document or photo for printing in the sections “Local”, “Dropbox” or “Web”.
- Set up options for printing and click “Print”.
It all depends directly on the device. Many modern models do not allow the use of third-party applications, but can connect and print directly from a mobile device without using a computer. It is enough to connect the devices to one network using a router, start a search for available networks on a smartphone or tablet and select the required equipment.
And although more and more manufacturers are trying to move towards versatility, some devices still refuse to work with certain smartphone models directly. Most often this applies to Apple technology and certification features in accordance with their proprietary standards.
Because of this, many manufacturers provide for the connection through separate applications, for example, HP Smart, Canon Print, etc. Besides these, there are general applications that work with various devices.
For how to print with Canon Print App, see the following
As an example, we will consider the PrinterShare program, available for devices based on the iOS and Android operating systems.
So, how to print photos or documents from a phone or tablet to a printer via Wi-Fi:
- The utility itself will search for available devices connected to the same wireless network as the smartphone (tablet).
- Select a file for printing from the available directories.
If you need a file stored in the internal memory of the gadget, for example, a document, book or table, then look for it in the “Documents” section.
- Having marked the file, you can set the settings for it or immediately send it to print by selecting the appropriate item.
All other applications work on a similar principle and it will not be difficult to understand them.
For instructions on using the PrinterShare app, see here:
How to connect the printer to the phone via Wi-Fi and set up printing?
Greetings to our subscribers and guests of the portal! Many of us have a printer at home or an all-in-one printer. It is more usual for us to print from a computer or laptop. But today we will talk about the possibility of printing from a mobile phone.
Thanks to advances in technology, high-performance gadgets now fit in the palm of your hand. Therefore, most people transfer some, and sometimes all, work tasks to them. Among all the variety of functionality, modern mobile devices have learned to work with printing. We will tell you how to connect phones on different operating systems to a printer via Wi-Fi.
Using this method, you can open the desktop of a mobile device on a computer. To do this, you need the QS Team Viewer utility on the gadget and the Team Viewer program on the PC.
To set up remote access and organize printing from your phone, you need:
- Install both apps.
- Open QS Team Viewer on a mobile device and get an ID.
- Open Team Viewer on PC, enter the ID of the mobile phone, check the “Remote control” box and connect to the gadget.
Now the PC is connected to the mobile phone and from it you can download and print any of the files.
If a gadget from Apple is connected, then the files should be located in the relatively new section “Files”, which appeared along with iOS 11.
Bluetooth and USB
When connecting in both ways, work is carried out through special utilities from the manufacturers all-in-one printer. Here, as in the case of Wi-Fi, all the same operations are done. Only the selectable connection item in the menu is changed. However, many common programs (PrintShare) also support these connection methods.
All gadgets with Android OS, starting from version 4, can connect via USB to printers and all-in-one printer. IPhones are synchronized with office equipment from the earliest versions.
If you have any questions or have any comments and corrections, be sure to write in the comments! We work for our readers and we want the content to be relevant and useful! New topics are on the way, do not lose! Bye everyone!
In terms of execution, this method practically does not differ from the previous one, with the exception of some nuances. Immediately after installing the drivers and utilities from the printer, you will need to go into the settings of the device itself and select the network to which it will be connected.
This is done very simply. It just takes a little patience and care. In principle, everything will be approximately the same as when adding any other device to an existing Wi-Fi network.
First, we find the desired network, and then enter the encryption key. It seems like a trifle, but the convenience grows at times. In fact, you have succeeded in making the printer networked over Wi-Fi. And this allows almost any Wi-Fi device connected to this access point to directly send files for printing, without the intervention of a personal computer or laptop.
In addition, devices coupled according to this scheme are completely devoid of the disadvantage of the previous method, and the level of ease of use becomes simply prohibitive.
The easy way
This option is the most convenient and least expensive in terms of the number of steps and time. It does not require any additional processes to be performed. You just need to install the device in the desired place and turn it on. Of course, the gadget must be within the reach of the Wi-Fi coverage through which information will be exchanged.
After the device is connected to the mains and turned on, you will need to start the PC. Then we install the drivers from the accompanying disk and reboot the system. After the operating system is fully loaded, where the Wi-Fi module will be automatically launched, go to the “Start” menu located in the lower left corner of the monitor screen, and in the right column of the window we find and click on the position “Devices and Printers”.
Clicking will launch a window where all connected devices will be displayed, including the ones we need. It will not be difficult to find it, since the manufacturer and model will be displayed in its name.
Just right-click on it to bring up the context menu, and select the second item from the top with the name “Use as default”.
If everything was done correctly, then a round green icon with a white checkmark will be displayed on the device icon.
In principle, that’s it. the gadget is ready to use. But before printing any documents to the printer via Wi-Fi, it is recommended to print a test page.
Devices with this type of connection have one very significant drawback, namely, if you forget to turn off the device after use, then an unscrupulous neighbor or colleague can connect to it and send a couple of unnecessary files for printing. Therefore, it is advisable to turn off the device at the end of the work.
About printers and the nature of the problem
Despite the fact that there are not so many commonly available types of printers, about five, the technologies by which they work are being improved by each company that produces them. Thus, it turns out that in fact each model is more or less unique in terms of technology of work and production.
The idea of a wireless connection has long been pushed into this area of computer technology. Already five years ago, it was possible to purchase a multifunctional device (all-in-one printer) with support for Wi-Fi connection. It would seem worth adding a Wi-Fi module. But it’s not that simple.
Even now, there are many different subtleties and ways of connecting a wireless printer to a gadget or computer. In fact, each model can have different from its predecessor not only settings, but also the very principle of operation. Therefore, connecting a printer to a computer via Wi-Fi is not such an easy thing. But what can I say, there is a case when a new-fangled device with Wi-Fi support could not be configured even in the native service center.
But it’s okay to connect, but setting up a printer via Wi-Fi in some cases is simply super difficult, and sometimes even almost impossible. Why so confuse and complicate such a process, which should initially be simple and intuitive, is unknown.
Since there is no universal method, at least a few of the most common ones should be described. But even this does not guarantee that they will be at least partially useful to everyone who purchased such a device. In any case, here we will consider the three most common connection methods, which can be conventionally designated as follows:
We connect the printer to the laptop via Wi-Fi
The last decade has passed under the umbrella of mobility, and therefore manufacturers have begun to slowly switch to wireless technology. Output media are no exception, and today let’s look at how to connect a printer via Wi-Fi.
The last option we are considering, how to connect a laptop to a printer via Wi-Fi, is the most difficult relative to the previous two.
Such pairing schemes have their own nuances that can play a role, or they can even be left out. The fact is that it may happen that the device will work from the start and no special actions and manipulations will have to be performed. This course of events is possible only if the stock IP address of the device is located within the same subnet with the used provider and the dedicated client.
Simply put, this is unlikely, especially since most of the currently used are not static IP addresses, but dynamic ones.
For machines with a similar connection scheme, you will need to add to the PC settings the IP address that the printer uses.
You will need to go to “Devices and Printers” again and click on the “Add Printer” button.
In the displayed window, two blocks will be presented, of which we need the lower one, which has the signature “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
The updated window will start automatic search. When the printer is found, it will be displayed in the main part of the window.
We double-click on it, and a small window will appear here, where you will need to enter the IP address specified in the instructions for the purchased device. When we finish entering the data, a notification will appear about the successful connection of the device. After restarting the computer, you can start printing the necessary documents.
How to protect your Wi-Fi network
I have over 10 years of experience in the IT field. I am engaged in design and adjustment of commissioning works. I also have extensive experience in building networks, system administration and working with access control systems and video surveillance.
I work as a specialist in the Techno-Master company.
My HP 2900 printer is connected to a stationary computer, and the computer is connected to a Wi-Fi router. I’m trying to connect this printer via this Wi-Fi using the described 3rd method, but the laptop does not find any printer, although the stationary computer finds it right away. What is the reason, explain. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I will be grateful and thanks in advance.
It did not help, the printer cannot be found using the network.