First, we need to find out the PIN, for this we hold down the WPS button for 10 or more seconds. A sheet with a report will come out, where the desired value will be. Then we hold down the UPU button for 3 seconds until the indicator starts flashing. Now from the laptop we connect to the new printer grid and enter the appropriate PIN.
How to connect a Samsung Xpress M2020W printer via Wi-Fi
Hello everybody! In the article for today we will have only one topic, namely, setting up WI-FI in the printer of the Samsung m2020w model. I must say right away that there are two ways to connect the device to a wireless network. The first is the “infrastructure mode”, when the device is connected first of all to the router, and already through it it will be possible to have access from a computer, laptop, phone or other device.
The second is “Ad-hoc mode”, when communication between the computer and the printer is carried out directly over Wi-Fi. Below I will give all the possible connection methods. If you have any questions as a result of reading the article. write them in the comments.
WPS is such a convenient button that allows you to quickly connect two devices. If your router supports this connection and it has such a button, then go ahead. Also, this connection has some peculiarity. You can connect simply with a simple press, but you can connect with a special PIN code. The PIN code is indicated on the label under the router and consists of 8 digits. Let’s analyze two ways
Setting using the program
- To set up a wireless network, you must first connect your Samsung Xpress m2020 printer to your computer or laptop using a USB cable. The cable can be found in the box;
- Now we take the disk that should come with the device and insert it into the CD-ROM. You can also download this “Samsung Easy Wireless Setup” program from the official website.
- First you will be greeted by the program, just click “Next”. Now you need to select the type of connection, we will connect the device via Wi-Fi, so we select the bottom item, as in the picture above;
- Make sure the printer is not connected with a local cable. Now in the next step, you need to select “Yes, I will configure the printer’s wireless network”;
- In the “Select a wireless connection method” window, select “Use a USB cable”. I honestly don’t even understand why this item was inserted, but oh well. let’s move on;
- Next, you should see a list of the required WI-FI networks. Just select the one you want and enter the password. If you have an invisible network, then click “Advanced” and then enter all the necessary data: name, mode of operation, authentication, encryption, key, etc.;
- If your model supports the “Wi-Fi Direct” connection function, then further you will see this window. To put it simply, this function allows you to connect without using a router, that is, directly. There is nothing complicated when setting up, you just put a check mark, enter your name and password, and then connect to this network from your laptop. If you connect via a router, then uncheck the box and go “Next”;
After connecting to a wireless network, the installer will additionally offer to install additional applications. Wait until the program also installs the driver for your operating system, otherwise the printer will not work with your computer or laptop.