How can I connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi
In this article, we will show you how to connect your printer over Wi-Fi. After all, this device, if earlier, was only at work, today it stands in almost every home. A printer is a good thing, but it also has disadvantages: It takes up a lot of space, and you also have to stretch an additional wire to connect to a computer. Therefore, we decided to show how to connect a printer via a wireless Wi-Fi network. To get rid of unnecessary wires and be able to put the printer anywhere in the house.
Printer Wi-Fi Connection Options
Let’s consider several options for how to connect a printer via Wi-Fi with built-in Wi-Fi module.
Option # 1: Use the WPS function
If all computers in your home or office work through a router, then the easiest way is to connect the printer to a laptop via wi fi using the WPS function. Of course, in order to use this technology, you must have it both on the printer and on the router. Therefore, first, let’s make sure that it is on the devices.
We check the presence of WPS on the printer
You can see the support of this technology on the printer in the instructions that are attached. Or open the official website on the Internet, find your model and see the characteristics. You can also inspect the printer body for the presence of a button with the WPS icon.
We look at the presence of WPS on the router in two ways:
- Turned the router over, you will see a sticker with the WPS icon on it, and the PIN code is written opposite. In the future, we will need it to connect devices.
- The absence of an icon on the stickers does not mean that the router does not support this technology. Enter the router settings, find the WPS section, it is often located under the Wi-Fi (Wireless network) item. If found, then everything is in order, it supports this function.
After making sure that both devices are working in this mode, we proceed to connect.
Configuring WPS connection
- On a Wi-Fi printer, use the navigation keys to enter the “Wi-Fi Settings” or “Wireless Connections” item. Then in this section, select the connection method “WPS”.
- Next, go to the router. Click and hold the “WPS” button until you see the indicator blinking.
- Back to the wireless printer. We press “Ok” and hold. You can release it after a message appears stating that the device is connected.
Option number 2: connect by entering the SSID and password
This method is suitable for all printers that have a display.
- We go into the menu and select the settings (Setup). Click on the “Wi Fi Settings” section.
- Next, click on “Wi-Fi setup”, “Wi-Fi setup wizard”.
- You should see a list of Wi-Fi networks. Enter your SSID and password.
After completing all the steps correctly, you will see that the Wi Fi icon will light up green.
Option number 3: connect without entering a password
Printer with Wi-Fi module but no display? It doesn’t matter, it is possible to connect without entering the key and your SSID. Now we will show you how to do it.
- We press once on the Wi-Fi button. It will start blinking, which means that the device is trying to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now we take the router and press the WPS button. By this click you give permission to connect the device that will try to connect. In our case, this is a printer.
- When synchronization is successful, the button on the printer will turn green.
How to connect a printer via Wi-Fi, which has a Wi-Fi module
Alas, old and budget models often do not have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, you will have to use the second option to connect the printer via Wi-Fi. Now we will show it.
Let’s find out how you can connect your printer to your computer using the USB port in your router. For this method, you need to have a printer, USB cable, router with USB port. And also you should know the name of the printer and the IP addresses of your router.
It is not difficult to find out the IP of the router, it is enough to start the command period by entering the command “cmd” into the “Search” In the command line that appears, type in the “ipconfig” command. Interested in the line “Main gateway”, opposite it will be written the IP addresses of the router.
You now know how to find out the IP address of the router, but how to change the IP address of the computer external and internal, read our previous article.
Step by step connection:
- Connect the USB cable to the jacks of the devices. Turn on the router first, and after 2-3 minutes, start the printer. You cannot turn on at the same time, you must do everything as described above.
- Connect the PC to the router using a patch cord or Wi-Fi.
- Enter the main menu of the router settings in the “Network Map” section. Look there if the printing device has appeared or not. If it appears, then proceed with further settings on the computers that will use this printer for printing.
Setting up printing on all computers
Let’s now proceed to configure the computers that will wirelessly print files. For example, we will show on Windows 10.
- Enter “Start”, “Settings”, “Devices”.
- On the left side, click on the section “Printers and scanners”, “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Next, click on the line “The required printer is not in the list”.
- After clicking, a new window will appear, put a period in front of the line “Add a printer by its TCP / IP.”. Now you need to enter the data, in the item “Device type” we set “TCP / IP device”, “Name or IP addresses” we register the IP of the router (how to find it we wrote above in the article), “Port name” will be registered automatically by itself. The checkbox “Poll the printer and select.” must be unchecked.
- Do not be alarmed, you will see a message about this printer sees. DO NOT pay attention to it, put a point “Special” and click on “Options”.
- Put the point “LPR”, and in the “Queue name” field write whatever name you want. Click “Ok”, “Next”.
- Next, you need to install the drivers for your printing device. Insert the disc into the drive and click “Have Disk.”.
- In the “Using Shared Printers” window, put the dot “Sun Shared.”. That’s all, try to print something. This setting must be done on all computers from which you will print.
How to set up printing on a printer from a smartphone and tablet on iOS, Android
Now more and more users use tablets for work, it is convenient and practical. And of course, you also need to print certain documents. We will show you how to do this.
How to print on Android OS
Perhaps the most convenient way is to use Google Cloud Print. This service is free, you just need to link the printer to a Google account, like almost everyone who has on Android. After you link, you can make a printout from any gadget who is authorized in your account and connected to the network.
How to print on iOS
Third-party programs can help you print files at Apple, such as:
These applications are paid, but they are not very expensive, so you can spend it once. Or you can use the AirPrint function, but, unfortunately, few devices support this function.
How to connect a printer that cannot be connected to a router
If your printing device does not have the required output or does not support this connection method, then connect through one of the computers.
This PC will be connected to the router via the LAN port, and a USB connection will be made to the printer. It will act as an intermediary on the network between the printer and all computers on the network. The disadvantage of such a connection is that this computer must always be turned on so that communication with the printer is always.
To configure this method, you must:
Connect both devices with special cable and install the printer driver on the PC.
- Go to “Start”, “Control Panel”, “Hardware and Sound”, “Devices and Printers”. The printer icons will appear, click on the right mouse button and select “Printer Properties”. From the top sections, click Access. Check the box “Share this printer”.
- Click “Apply”, “Ok”.
- Next, from any laptop, log on to the local network on the PC to which the printer is connected. By the way, you can read how to connect computers to a local network in Windows 10, 7. You will find a shortcut for the printing device on it, right-click on it and select “Use as default”. Now, always on the command “Print”, printing will occur automatically on the selected printer.
That’s all, we showed how easy it is to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi without a Wi-Fi adapter. If for some reason your laptop does not connect to the Wi-Fi network, then read the article: how to connect Wi-Fi on a laptop or PC Windows 10, 8, 7.
Well, we hope you read the article, you understand how you can connect a printer to a computer via Wi-Fi. And now, using one of the options suggested in the article, Connect your printer via Wi-Fi. Do not forget, write all questions below in the comments.
How to connect a Xerox Phaser 3020 printer via Wi-Fi: all methods
Printers capable of working on a home LAN have become commonplace for the public and are widely used as a printing tool. Let’s dwell on the Not bad option for home and small office Xerox Phaser 3020 and carry out its initial configuration via Wi-Fi.
For an overview of the printer, see the following
- Wi-Fi connection
- On the local network
- Directly (Wi-Fi Direct)
Since the printer has its own Wi-Fi module, it is able to connect in two wireless modes: to a home network router and directly to a computer (laptop), which has its own Wi-Fi adapter.
Plug in the printing device, start it, put a letter of blank paper in the tray, press the WPS button for 10 seconds. The following information is required in the printout of the printer configuration report:
- Device IP address.
- Default network settings.
- Local administrator login and password (default login is admin, password is 1111).
This may be needed later to set up the connection directly.
On the local network
To connect the printer to the router’s Wi-Fi access point:
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Install the drivers from the included disk.
- Use the Xerox Easy Wireless Setup Utility that is installed with the drivers to start the installation process. You can find it in Start or through the search bar.
- Click “Next” and wait for the utility to present the “Select a wireless network” window.
- Select your home network by SSID and click “Advanced settings”.
- Enter your password, click “Next” and “Finish”.
Directly (Wi-Fi Direct)
To connect devices via Wi-Fi directly, bypassing the router:
- In the address bar of your browser, enter the printer’s IP address as shown on the printout. The device for printing must be connected to the computer via USB.
- Enter your administrator login and password.
- Go to Properties and select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Enter the required data: name, device IP addresses, group (Activate), password and click Apply.
- Done, now on a laptop or smartphone through the search for Wi-Fi networks, find the created access point and connect to it.
The printer will be detected as a connected device and will be available for printing.
The Xerox Phaser 3020 with Wi-Fi setup is the perfect solution for home and small offices. Setting up a connection is quite simple both on the router’s network and directly.
If you need to PROVIDE access to printing outside the local network, we additionally activate the “virtual printer” function in our own Google profile and manage printing through your account on the second synchronized device from anywhere in the world.
How to Connect a Printer to a Laptop: A Step-by-Step Guide
Connecting a printer is a fairly simple procedure, and not devoid, however, of certain nuances. In this article, we will try to give the most complete overview of the process of correctly setting up the printer when synchronizing it with a laptop. The same tips are quite applicable in the case of stationary computers. there are no significant differences in the setup rules.
The process of installing and configuring the printer itself can be divided into several stages:
- Connection of the device;
- Installing and configuring drivers;
- Print setup.
Initially, the procedure for connecting the printer to the laptop is best done with the power supply of both devices disconnected. It is necessary to choose the right place where the printing device will be located. It is better if this is a space, and not requiring constant release at the end of the paper output procedure. The printer, as a rule, is a rather massive device, and it is inconvenient to transfer it from place to place and is fraught with consequences associated with accidental damage to the device.
often printers are connected via usb ports, so take care of the availability of free ports in your laptop in advance, so that, again, there is no need to constantly pull out the wires of the second application equipment in cases where you need to print something.
If the wires are connected correctly and the equipment is turned on, a message will appear on the screen about the appearance of a new device on the network, accompanied by a characteristic sound signal. If this does not happen, then, first of all, carefully once again inspect all the wires for their integrity and tight fit of the plugs to the connectors. In parallel, you can do the following: in the “Start” menu open the “Devices and Printers” window. In the window that opens, the icon of your printer should be visible.
The most difficult, as a rule, is the procedure for the correct installation and configuration of drivers. If the printer was purchased recently, then in the factory box you can probably find an installation disk with the necessary information and a list of programs required for correct operation. Using the installation disk for the initial connection is the simplest procedure, which is at the same time the fastest setup options. But what if you were unlucky and the disc was not in the boxes? Or maybe there is no box itself, since the printer was purchased a long time ago or was given away as unnecessary by someone from friends.
To “get” the necessary drivers for a printer without a disk, you will need 10-15 minutes of time, a small amount of ingenuity and focus on results. There are two ways to search:
- Through Windows tools;
- By downloading software on manufacturers’ websites.
With the introduction of Windows
This option, as a rule, is relevant for the simplest models, the functionality of which provides for elementary procedures for standard printing and scanning (if we are talking about an all-in-one printer), without the possibility of using advanced parameter settings. The Windows Update system contains drivers for the most popular models in their simplest version and can search for the necessary programs by itself when connecting the printer.
If this did not happen within a few minutes after joining, then it is recommended to go the following way:
- Open the “Control Panel”;
- Select the menu item “Hardware and Sound”;
- Find “Devices and Printers”;
- In the window that appears on the screen, right-click the image and click “Windows Update”;
- In the window that opens, click the “Check for updates” term and wait for 15-35 minutes for the search for all available updates to complete, as well as their download;
- Restart the computer and check if the printer is working correctly.
Configuring the parameters for the correct automatic installation of drivers using Windows is carried out as follows.
- In the “Devices and Printers” menu, select “Computer” with the right mouse button.
- In the window that appears, click on “Device Installation Options”.
- In the next window, select the menu item “Yes (recommended)” and confirm the selection with the “Save” button.
From this moment, if there is a stable Internet, all necessary driver updates and other software updates will be downloaded and installed on the computer without your direct participation.
Using the resources of manufacturers
This method involves self-installation of drivers from the websites of manufacturers of the connected equipment. Accessing the official websites of well-known brands such as Canon or HP via a computer is absolutely safe from the point of view of the possibility of receiving malicious software.
To find the driver you need, you just need to know the model of your printer. The exact specifications can be found either in the accompanying documentation or on the case. After the model name is found, you can start searching through the browser. As a rule, when specifying the exact name in the search bar of any browser, the manufacturer’s website will be in the first position in the list of drop-down options for various sites offering programs. Usually, but not always. Therefore, in order to exclude potential threats to your computer, pay close attention to the site where you got when you click on the link. The manufacturer’s website is difficult to confuse with any other: firstly, its name, as a rule, speaks for itself, and secondly, such a website is usually clearly structured and devoid of all sorts of unnecessary information, and not directly related to the maintenance of branded equipment.
For example, you need drivers for an HP printer.
- We go to the site http://www8.HP.com.
- Through the “Support” menu we find the item “Drivers and Programs”.
- Enter the product name or serial number in the search bar.
- We find a list of software offered in our case.
- We select the necessary (you may need information about the version of your OS, be prepared for this).
- We are waiting for the completion of the package download and run the file, Install the drivers, following the wizard’s prompt.
Connecting the printer to a laptop via wi-fi
With the advent of the wi-fi system in everyday life, the need for the use of countless numbers of wires connecting gadgets has disappeared. The use of a router when connecting a printer to a laptop allows you to use a mobile computer anywhere in the apartment without the need to connect it with wires to the printing machine in the event that it is necessary to display text or pictures on paper.
Connecting with WPS Implementation
The simplest version of synchronization, a prerequisite for which is the very possibility of “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” in the functionality of both devices. On the bottom of the router, you should find the WPS icon, in the immediate vicinity of which you can find the pin code required for configuration. The next step is to configure the router through the system menu.
- To do this, go to the web interface through any browser, typed the path 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, depending on the device model, and find the Device PIN term, where the PIN code is entered, mentioned just above.
- Make sure there is WPA / WPA2 protection and disable MAC filtering.
- If the printer has a button that activates WPS, press it and wait for the wi-fi system equipment to complete the search process.
- Because of “Printers and Faxes” we find the device we need and open the context menu, where we put a checkbox opposite the “Use by default”.
Using the Connection Setup Wizard
The connection wizard is built into the printer’s operating system and allows you to quickly and easily connect via Wi-Fi. A prerequisite will be support for WPA or WEP protocols. For the setup itself, you will need information about the SSID of the network and the password for accessing it.
Through the printer’s control panel, go to the “Settings” menu item and select “Network”. After that, the wizard, without your participation, will begin to search for all available wi-fi networks in the immediate vicinity, and a complete list of them will be displayed on the screen. If the required set is not in the proposed list, try to find it by manually entering the name. If the network is found, it remains only for security reasons to change the password to access it. That’s it, you can start using the device in working mode.
Setting up a network printer
You can configure the laptop’s access to a printer that is already connected to a second computer using the network printer setup function. When choosing driver parameters, you need to activate the ability to access over the network, and print from a laptop through a connection to the equipment via a network.
The wizard is launched through the “Control Panel” of the computer. In the window that opens, add a printer via the “Add network” context menu item, after a few minutes or seconds, depending on the operating speed of the OS, the required equipment will be found. After that, you need to go to the printer settings through the shortcut that appears and enter the device’s IP address (you can find it in the instructions). After the performed manipulations, the laptop needs to be restarted, and if everything is done correctly, the printer will start its work.
By setting up the printer’s access to the laptop via a regular wired connection or via a wi-fi access point, you can use it. The actual printing of a document, picture or photograph can be carried out in various ways, depending on which program you use to process information.
The easiest way to print a file is to use a combination of the Ctrl and P keys. This method is applicable both for printing “Word” documents, and for printing pictures on paper. Thus, you can print only one copy of the file and in its original format.
The most commonly used MS Office editors offer users a wide range of printing options. The settings include the ability to select the number of copies required, page orientation that allows you to conveniently arrange the text in the required format, and other useful functions. You can change the margins of your document, and you can also set the toner save mode. Set all the necessary parameters, through the “Preview” you can see how the file will be presented in the final version, make adjustments if necessary and print the final copy.
Connecting a printer to a laptop is a completely doable task that even a novice user can handle. If you correctly take into account all the nuances described above, and timely read the instructions supplied with the printer, you can avoid many problems associated with incorrect settings. Modern technology is equipped with a maximum of opportunities to facilitate synchronization processes, but even if you are using outdated models, remember that there are no unsolvable problems!
Continuing the theme: Subscribe, and your VK feed will contain all the most interesting in technology: Ratings of the TOP-10 best laser printers of 2017
Review of the best laser printers 2017-2018 for home printing or office work. The rating includes budgetary, but high-quality color models, and expensive, high-performance ones. Description of the pros and cons of printers.
Calculation of electricity consumption by equipment CalculateCalculator for calculating the power of the heater CalculateCalculator for calculating the power of the air conditioner Calculatex15.09.2019how to choose a walkie-talkie for a truckerOther digital14.09.2019installing and connecting a car radio with your own handsOther digital
Sorry. No data yet.
Your opinion Loading. Technical reviewsElectricity calculator CalculateTechnical news05.09.2019new smart bracelet will help people with autism to get rid of seizures04.09.2019now a person can be identified by silhouette03.09.2019 Now even a badly damaged photo can be restored.
Many owners of portable equipment are often interested in how to connect a printer to a laptop via WiHi or USB cable. Some inexperienced users don’t even really know if this can be done at all. If you are using one of the current versions of Windows 7, 8 or 10, then you can connect using the instructions in this article.
To begin with, let’s connect the printer with a laptop in one bundle physically, wirelessly or over a network. Let’s take a closer look at such technology as WPS (Wi-Hi Protected Setup), consider manual configuration, installation of drivers with and without an installation disc. We will give recommendations on how to set up printing from a laptop to any printer model or an all-in-one printer from HP, Canon, Epson, Samsung and others.
How to connect a printer to a laptop
A laptop, like any other personal computer, can be connected to the printer with a regular USB cable. This type of connection is supported by all models of printing techniques without exception. And the entrance itself is definitely present on the portable “device”. The main thing is to match the versions of the interfaces used. If USB 1.0 is no longer to be found, then 2.0 and 3.0 are at the peak of popularity.
When the connection is established, you need to wait a little until you hear a beep. After a while, the software will be automatically installed by the Windows operating system itself and you can proceed to the section on printing settings. If this does not happen, then the drivers will have to be installed manually. There is nothing difficult and easy to do even without an installation disc.
WPS stands for Wi-Hi Protected Setup, which means Wi-Fi Protected Setup. To take advantage of this technology, it must be supported by the router and the printer itself. The presence of Wi-Hi on a laptop is not in doubt, since models without it do not exist in nature.
We make a connection according to the following scheme:
- We are looking for the WPS button on the router case. As a rule, it is placed on the back side in most cases.
- Within two minutes, we activate a similar button on the printing device.
- We are waiting for the end of creating a connection between devices.
- If the laptop is on the same Wi-Hi network, then there should be no problems with printing.
- We connect to the printer like a network.
If the WPS buttons are NOT found on the modem’s case, or if you can’t turn it on, then we will try to do it through the web interface for managing the router. In most cases, to enter its settings, you need to enter an address in the IP format 192.168.0.1 in any browser or try 192.168.1.1. Enter the login “admin” and the same password if it has not changed. In the settings, find the “Wireless” section, and in its subsections Disable MAC filtering and enable the WPS function.
Details about connecting via WiHi. detailed instructions with screenshots and explanation of each step.
If the automatic connection establishment, described in the subsection Above, is not possible on your models of equipment, then the Wi-Fi connection can be made manually. All that is required for configuration is to know the name of the network and the access code to it. This information can be found on the cover of the modem or in documents from your Internet service provider.
Manual setting procedure:
- On the printer screen, go to the menu.
- We enter the network settings.
- Selecting the WiHi section.
- Specify the network name and SSID password.
- After a while, the printer will be on the network and you can connect to it like a network.
Regardless of whether the printer was connected to the network via Wi-Hi, as described above, through another PC or directly with a patch cord to an Ethernet socket, now you need to connect to it and install special software (drivers) for correct operation. There are several ways to establish a connection.
- Find a printing device over the network. To do this, open “My Computer”, at the bottom left we find the shortcut “Network”. If the printer is connected directly to the network (via Wi-Fi or a patch cord), then click on the shortcut, and if via another network PC, then the triangle Expanding the list. We connect through the right key and the context menu, agree to install the drivers.
- Use the installation wizard built into Windows. Through the “Start” button and “Control Panel” go to the “Devices and Printers” section. In the menu under the address line, click the “Add printer” button, and in the next window, select the second option with adding a network printer. We are waiting for all the available devices to be displayed in the list and select the model we need. Then follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
Windows operating systems independently install drivers from their built-in database without user participation in this process. If this does not happen, then you will have to install the software manually. There are several ways to do this.
- We use the installation disk. Any printing technique, regardless of its manufacturer, is completed with such a disk. Insert such a disk into the “CD-ROM” and wait for the installation program to start. Then follow the instructions of the installation wizard. If the printer is old or you simply cannot find the disk, then use one of the following methods.
- Download the package of necessary files from the device manufacturer’s website. On the official brand portal for your printer, go to the drivers or downloads section. Find your model by name and download the necessary files for the version and “bit” of your OS.
- We are looking in the Windows database. Open the “Devices and Printers” section through the control panel. In the top menu, click the Add Printer button. In the second step, select the local (if connected via USB) or network (if using Wi-Fi) connection option. Follow the instructions of the installation wizard. After a few steps you will see the driver installation window. In it, on the left, select the manufacturer of your device, on the right. the model.
- We use Windows Update. To update the database of drivers for devices, you need to click the “Windows Update” button under the list of models in the screenshot above. After downloading all new software versions and rebooting the laptop itself, you can see your printer in the list of models.
After connecting the laptop to the printer and installing the drivers, you should make some settings for the device itself. You can select it as the main default and open network access to it. To do this, go to the control panel, and then to the “Devices and Printers” section. Find your model there and perform the actions as shown in the pictures below.
You need to enter the properties only to “share” the printing device for second network clients.
To print from any program that supports this function, just press the key combination “CTRLP”. And also you can pre-make some personal settings in the interface, if it allows you to do this. For example, in the program from the office suite. “Word”.
Here we can configure:
- Select the correct printer for the task.
- Specify which pages to print and which comments.
- Select the desired part of the document for output to paper.
- Mark even or odd pages in a document.
- Working with a copy.
- Selecting the Number of Document Pages to Output per Letter Paper.
- Setting additional properties: duplex, quality, layout.
Printer print settings in Windows 7, 8, 10 detailed instructions with explanations of steps for inexperienced users.
In the process of connecting a printer to a laptop, everything can not always go smoothly and simply. Situations are different, and sometimes quite difficult, and you should be prepared for them. Let’s consider some of them in detail.
- The product does NOT print. Check if the default machine is correctly selected for printing from a laptop, if it is offline, if there are documents stuck in the queue.
- The device is not detected. Try replacing the power cords, USB, Ethernet patch cord (if used). Recheck the quality of the connection, restart the laptop, Turn off the printer and then turn it back on after a while.
- Drivers are not installed. We will clean the Windows operating system from old versions or software of second printing devices.
- Does NOT connect printer to laptop. Typical for Windows 10, and less often in the “seven”. Check if you have dealt with the USB interface versions correctly. It is important that this is a cable of at least 2.0 and is connected to the corresponding input. Remember that USB 3 is blue. Do not confuse what may have already happened.
All Possible errors and problems with the printer Instructions for solving Other technical problems.
The printer is a popular peripheral device that has found wide application in offices, businesses, government agencies and at home due to the ability to instantly print any documents. It is quite easy to use and does not require any special skills from the owner. However, sometimes the owners of office equipment have problems with setting it up.
How to connect a printer to a laptop?
Let’s consider all the actions in more detail.
Installing a wired printer begins by connecting it to a power source and to a laptop or computer. For THESE purposes, the device is supplied with two corresponding cables. Established a USB connection to the computer, the printer should be turned on by pressing the power button on the case.
In most cases, Windows automatically detects a new device in the system and installs the necessary software to work with it. However, if this did not happen, the owner of the laptop or PC needs to follow these steps:
On Windows 10:
- Open the “Start” menu, go to “Settings” and select the “Devices” section.
- Named by the line “Printers and scanners”, click the “Add printer or scanner”.
- Wait for the computer to complete the search, and select the appropriate option from the proposed list. If the laptop cannot find the printing device, you must click “Update” or “The required printer is not in the list” and follow the further instructions of the system.
On Windows 7 and 8:
- Find the “Devices and Printers” section in the “Start” menu.
- Press the “Add Printer” button. Will call the option “Add a local printer” in the opened manager.
- On the Select Printer Port page, click Use Existing and Recommended.
Drivers are required for the printer to function correctly. They are usually contained on a disc, which, together with the cables, is included with the printer upon purchase. To install the drivers, you need to place the media in the drive of your laptop and wait for it to start automatically. If the disc does not open by itself, you should do it manually through “My Computer” by double-clicking on the name of the drive with the driver.
Sample Canon Printer Installer
After successfully connecting the printer to the laptop, it remains to complete the print setup. This procedure is carried out through the control panel of the computer. The user is required to:
- Enter the “Control Panel” and select the category “Devices and Printers”.
- Find the name of your office equipment in the list, name it with the right button and click “Print Settings”.
- In the window that opens, set the appropriate parameters: paper size, page orientation, number of copies, image quality, paper source, etc. Click the “Apply” button for the changes to take effect. The specified settings will be used when printing documents from a laptop.
How to install a printer without an installation disc?
It is not uncommon for printer owners to lose driver discs. In addition, not all modern laptops are equipped with CD drives, so installation will not be possible even with media. In this case, you need to resort to alternative methods of installing drivers.
Using Windows Update:
- Enter “Control Panel” and open “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Printers” section and find your model in the drop-down list. Name the device with the right mouse button and click “Update drivers”. Select the option “Automatic search” and follow the further instructions.
Manually via the website of the printing device manufacturer:
- If Windows Update cannot find the driver you are looking for, you should download it yourself.
- The actual files are most often placed on the support page of the official website of the printer manufacturer. In the same place, the user is provided with detailed instructions for installation and configuration.
- Links for downloading drivers for printers from popular manufacturers:
- HP. support.HP.com;
- Canon. canon.ru/support;
- Epson. epson.ru/suppor;
- Samsung. samsung.com/ru/support.
How to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi?
Many modern printers can be connected to a computer via Wi-Fi. Before installing such a device, you need to make sure that the wireless function is enabled and available on it. The button with the corresponding icon allows you to find out. On most models of office equipment, it is highlighted in blue if the connection is functioning correctly. Also, to work with a wireless printer, you must have access to the Internet. After checking the connection, the user should add the printer to the system for further configuration:
- In Windows 10 (the algorithm is the same as with a wired printer):
- If the system does not automatically identify office equipment, open “Start”, go to “Settings”, in the “Devices” section, select “Printers and scanners”.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- If the device is not found, it will be named “The required printer is not in the list” to proceed to manual configuration.
How to connect to Wi-Fi without a password? WPS technology!
Most likely, most users do not even realize that their routers have wi-fi without a password. this is WPS (or QSS) technology.
In short and in simple language, WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a technology that is designed specifically to simplify the connection of devices to a Wi-Fi network.
Using WPS, you can connect devices to a Wi-Fi router without having to enter a password from a wireless network. Which is very convenient. I also recommend Check out the issue “How to turn on Wi-Fi in Windows 10 if there is no Wi-Fi button”?
What is the WPS button on the router for and how to use it?
The button is needed to activate the WPS technology. There is such a button on almost all routers. It is usually signed by WPS. It looks something like this on a D-Link router.
NOT rarely, the button is combined with the reset function of the router. This is very common on TP-LINK routers.
And on new routers from ZyXel, the WPS function enable button looks like this.
How to connect Android smartphone to Wi-Fi via WPS
In order to connect an Android smartphone to a Wi-Fi network via WPS, you need to go to the Wi-Fi settings on Android and name it by a button with three dots.
This will open a small menu. Here you need to select the “WPS Button” item. Pressing this button Start the WPS connection process. In fact, this button in the menu emulates pressing the hardware WPS button.
After that, the connection indicator will appear on the screen.
Now all that remains is to press the WPS button on the router and hold it down for about 3-4 seconds.
After that, the Android smartphone will think for about 10 more seconds and a message will appear on the screen that you have connected to the selected Wi-Fi network.
How to connect a Windows 10 computer to Wi-Fi via WPS
On a desktop computer, connecting via WPS is even easier than on an Android smartphone. As an example, we will demonstrate how this happens on a laptop with the Windows 10 operating system.
First you need to be named by the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar. After the list of available networks opens, you need to find the network to which you want to connect, select it and click on the “Connect” button.
After that, a window for entering a password will open. If WPS is enabled on the router, then under the line for entering the password it will be written that you can connect to the network, pressed the WPS button on the router.
We do as it is written. Press the button and hold it until a message appears about receiving parameters from the router.
After receiving the parameters from the router, a window with a connection indicator will appear.
And after a few seconds the laptop is connected to Wi-Fi.
If you have this inscription when connecting, it means that the WPS connection technology is disabled in the router settings. To make such a connection possible, you need to go to the settings of your router and turn it on.
How to connect to Wi-Fi without a password
By the way! If you suddenly forgot the password for connecting to your Wi-Fi router, then check out THIS issue!
And that’s all for today! Please write in the comments if you managed to connect to Wi-Fi using WPS technology.
And also subscribe to the channel if you are NOT subscribed yet and do not forget to click on the bell to receive notifications about new releases.
Pantum M6500W Wi-Fi connection: simple instructions
Many modern printers and multifunctional devices (all-in-one printer) are connected to computers and laptops not from classic USB, but through wireless technologies. Wi-Fi is commonly used as such an interface, especially in offices and small businesses, where it is necessary to SHARE a general access to a printing device. Let’s consider how to connect a Pantum M6500W printer via Wi-Fi and configure it for optimal performance.
Pantum connects to the network in two ways:
- In infrastructure mode. switching is performed through a wireless router,
- In direct connection mode. the printer connects to the laptop directly via Wi-Fi.
With any connection, the device will work with only one computer at a time!
Review and settings for printing on the all-in-one printer Pantum here:
For cases where the router is compatible with WPS, the device is connected and configured by pressing a single key on the case without a computer:
- To do this, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the all-in-one printer control panel.
- Clamp WPS on the wireless router (be sure to disconnect the network cable from the router before doing this).
The devices will automatically establish a connection even if the access point is broadcasting encrypted traffic and does NOT broadcast the SSID to the network.
- For Wi-Fi settings of Pantum M6500W, open the Start item or Control Panel “Devices and Printers”.
- Under the address bar, click “Add Printer” (in Windows 7. “Install.”).
- In the window that opens, select “Add network, Bluetooth or wireless.”. If the list is empty, click on the inscription below, specify the type “TPC / IP device” and enter its IP address and port number to which it is connected.
- Select “Special” and go to the section for changing parameters.
- Enter your details and specify the “LPR” protocol.
- Install the drivers or wait for Windows to do it automatically.
- Be sure to update the driver.
- Name all-in-one printer and share it if needed.
- If at the 5th step the required device is in the list, select it.
- After installing the drivers, the printer can be selected as Default.
How to connect any printer to a laptop, see here:
When connecting the printer to a PC via a USB cable, connect them and launch the tool for setting up Pantum M6500W connection via Wi-Fi:
- Select the required network if several appear in the list.
In case the access point name is NOT broadcast, it can be entered manually!
- Perform authorization. enter the password and select the type of network encryption.
- If successful, a window with connection details will appear.
- If an error occurs, you will see a similar message.
- Check your wireless login information and try again.
When the Pantum M6500W printer is directly connected to a laptop via Wi-Fi, users can connect to the printing device without entering a password by finding it on the network. The network name will be indicated as “Pantum-AP-XXXXXX”, where instead of XXXXXX digits will be indicated MAC address.
I think our readers will NOT have any difficulties. But in any case, you can always write in the comments and ask any question!