What you need to know about turning on Bluetooth on your Smart TV?
As you know, not all Samsung and LG TVs support Bluetooth. Therefore, it will not be possible to turn on Bluetooth on all TVs. Usually, this requires the presence of a Smart TV and a hardware module responsible for the operation of the specified technology.
You can find out if your TV supports Bluetooth connection by examining the specifications of your TV. To do this, type in the full model name of your TV into a search engine, and study the technical characteristics of the device. Specialized web resources like fullspecs.net can also help.
If you have a Smart TV of the brands “Samsung”, “Sony”, “LG”, “Philips” with Bluetooth support, then it is likely that your device will not allow you to connect via Bluetooth from other manufacturers. For example, many Samsung models only allow you to connect soundbars from the same manufacturer. And do not interface with other brands of audio devices.
However, on many TVs, you can activate a special system menu that allows you to unlock the Bluetooth functions and connect the desired device to your TV. Below we give options for a set of buttons on the remote. allowing access to the specified menu.
Let’s figure out how to enable Bluetooth on your home TV from Samsung and LG.
How to enable Bluetooth on Samsung and LG TV
Modern TVs are not just TV sets. These are entertainment media centers that allow you to surf the Internet, play various games, connect various media devices. In the latter case, the operation is performed using a Bluetooth connection that pairs the TV with the desired device. Many users do not know how to activate this option. In this article, we will analyze how to enable Bluetooth on LG and Samsung Smart TVs. And also we will describe the steps that we need for this.
How to activate the engineering menu on Samsung TV
As we wrote above, Bluetooth connectivity may be blocked for devices from other manufacturers. To resolve this issue, it will be necessary to activate the engineering menu in Samsung TV, and configure it to activate Bluetooth and support for third-party devices.
To activate the engineering menu on TV, do not turn off your TV. Leave it on, then quickly press the following buttons on the remote:
The OK / Select button is located in the center of the Left, Right, Up, Down buttons. After dialing this sequence, a secret menu will open that will allow you to turn on / off the desired Bluetooth mode (for example, “BT Audio ON”).
Enabling Bluetooth on your LG TV
As you know, LG Smart TVs use their own operating system “WebOS”, which previously supported only branded sound devices from LG. Starting with the third version of webOS, you can connect devices from other manufacturers to your TV.
You can activate Bluetooth module on LG Smart TV as follows:
- Press the “Menu” or “Setting s” button on your TV remote control;
- In the menu that opens, select the “Sound” section;
- Check the box next to the “LG Sound Sync / Bluetooth” option;
If full work with Bluetooth on your TV is blocked, we recommend using the capabilities of the engineering menu.
To call it, press and hold the OK buttons on the remote control, as well as on the TV panel for a few seconds, and the service menu will appear on the screen.
For some TV models, you may need to press the “Menu” buttons on the remote control and on the TV panel at the same time for a few seconds to access the service menu. On some TV models, both methods work and open different service menus.
If a password is requested in the service menu, enter 0000 (four zeros). If 0000 doesn’t work, try 7777 or 0413 or 8741 or 8743 or 8878.
Then you can make changes to the desired settings. Press the button on the remote control to save the changes.
How to turn on Bluetooth on a Samsung TV
To connect the desired Bluetooth audio device to your Samsung TV, you need to do the following:
- Go to the settings menu of your Samsung TV;
- In the menu, select the “Sound” section and click on “OK”;
This procedure is generally similar for most Samsung Smart TVs, differing only in details.
Screen Mirror for Samsung
The utility of the same name is needed for all Apple devices. The software is paid and costs 5. Install using this method:
- download the widget for iOS equipment;
- then enable the “screen recording” option in the “Settings”;
- select the program “Mirror” on the screen;
- go to sync and confirm activation;
- files from the internal memory of the smartphone will appear on the screen.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via USB?
Connecting a TV with Apple flagship gadgets via USB is a common method. In addition to playback, after switching on the mobile will begin to receive a charge. It should be noted that regardless of the device model, with such a connection, the iPhone acts as an external data carrier. Based on the technical characteristics of the gadget, an individual wire is used. This method is popular for slideshows, images, or photographs. The option with the use of the Apple TV set-top box is also in demand. It is activated both wirelessly and with a cable.
Samsung Smart View
This utility is used to display video from iPhone on all Samsung models. In addition, there is no need to buy additional plugs or cables.
- Connect your gadget and TV to your home internet. Launch the “Settings” folder and go to the “General” section. Then click on “Network” and select “Internet network settings”. Activate in the system.
- Download the Samsung Smart Vive program to your mobile phone. Run the widget.
- Turn on search engine for Samsung.
- Click and sync it to your TV.
- Confirm the operation and enter the code.
AirPay (screen replay)
Use the built-in functionality of your mobile phone. Unlock your smartphone and swipe down from the top of the screen. In the quick menu, click on the key. Wait for connection.
Is it possible to mirror the screen via Bluetooth?
The smartphone allows screen mirroring via Bluetooth. The user will need to open the App Store and download the desired application. After opening, go to sync.
Device owners connect gadgets to a monitor. With this, it is easy to play any video content on the big screen. When connected, users also play games and use social media. Functions are available depending on activation. The USB connection does not allow watching clips from the Internet. Mobile like a regular flash drive. Based on this, a popular method is a standard HDMI connection.
Special programs for connecting iPhone to Samsung TV
To accomplish this task, special software has been created from different companies. In fact, they work the same, however, each of them has some nuances.
Wireless synchronization to the network makes it possible to watch videos live. Thus, users listen to music online and watch various videos. The method is considered the most convenient. Since, the iPhone owner will need to press several keys. Despite this, not all TV models are suitable for such operations. If the device does not have a special module, then buy a separate adapter. To open your own network according to DLNA technology you need:
- TV, which displays video and is equipped with a separate module or adapter;
- Router and mobile phone connected via the same internet of the mowing line.
If you have any questions or complaints. please let us know
After installing the software, complete the settings. Run the application and select the menu in the required line. Click next to the TV model. Most often, you need to press near the TV series.
Connecting “Alice” to the TV
Please note: you can only connect the big Yandex.Station to your TV, not Mini. With the help of such “Alice” you can watch movies and TV-channels on the big screen.
Thus, the big Yandex.Station will play the role of a set-top box, but without a remote control. all commands are performed only by voice. How to connect the station “Alice” (column)? It’s simple: connect the speaker to your TV using an HDMI cable. If the connection was successful, on the display you will see the familiar interface of “Alice” with a text representation of voice queries and search results for them.
How to connect the speaker “Alice” to the TV? You don’t need to do anything. the smart electronic assistant will do everything you need. To watch a movie or TV series, it is enough to tell the station: “Alice, turn on the movie (title).” The device will search for it in Amediatek, Kinopoisk, ivi and other supported services.
You know what the “Alice-mini” column is, how to connect this station to the phone. But there is also an unofficial way to output sound to Yandex.Station from a TV or computer via HDMI. However, remember that such actions can lead to disruption of the installed software:
- Follow the link in your browser: https://quasar.yandex.ru/skills/
- Launch DevTools.
- In the same DevTools go down to the Network tab.
- Then you will need to open the column page along the path: Device Management. Yandex.Station.
- Try changing any of the values. For example, for the screensaver, select not a photo, but a video.
- This will get you set_device_config request
- Right-click on the line with it, click on “Copy”, and in the drop-down menu select Copy as fetch.
- In DevTools open “Console”, paste the copied text.
- Find the line body “:” \ “location_override \”: \ “home \”, \ “name \”: \ “Yandex Station \”, \ “screenSaverConfig \”: \ “type \”: \ “VIDEO \” “
- Then insert the following: body “:” \ “hdmiAudio \”: \ “true \”, \ “location_override \”: \ “home \”, \ “name \”: \ “Yandex Station \”, \ “screenSaverConfig \” : \ “Type \”: \ “VIDEO \” “
- After these actions, it remains to press the Enter button and on “Finish”.
If this method does not work, then you can try another one:
- Go to any of the browsers at the link: https://yandex.ru/quasar.
- Press F12 to launch DevTools.
- Go to the Console tab and enter the following text: window.storage.permissions.showHdmiAudio = true
- Press Enter.
- Now it’s time to go to the page of your Yandex.Station. you will see on it a new switch “Audio transmission over HDMI”.
The result of these unofficial settings. you can output sound from the TV to the speaker, which will give it louder and more surround sound.
Connecting the speaker Alice to the phone
Let’s figure out how to connect the “Alice” column to the phone. You can use the speaker with the virtual assistant “Alice” to listen to music from your smartphone. Use a simple life hack:
- Ask the speaker to activate Bluetooth. For example, say: “Alice, turn on Bluetooth”.
- Then turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- How to connect a smart speaker “Alice”? A list of devices available for pairing will appear on the screen. select the column with “Alice“.
- As soon as the devices are paired, you can listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks and any other sound from your phone through the speaker.
Connecting “Alice” to the Internet
If you have just purchased a column, then in order to activate it, give the device access to the Internet. Here is an algorithm on how to connect the “Alice” column to Wi-Fi:
- Plug the speaker into a power outlet.
- On the phone, connect to the Wi-Fi network to which you plan to connect the speaker (frequency. at 2.4 GHz).
- Download the official Yandex application on Google Play or the App Store. If the software is already installed on the device, update it to the latest version.
- How to connect “Alice” (speaker) through the phone? Open the program on the device, log in to your Yandex account.
- If you have a Yandex subscription, enter the profile on which it is activated. you will be able to use the subscription on the column.
- Let’s continue to analyze how to connect the Yandex-column Alice via the phone. In the Yandex program, go down to the “Devices” item.
- Then follow the path: Device Management. Add. Smart Column.
- How to connect the column “Alice” to the Internet? Select the desired Wi-Fi network from the list, dial the code if necessary.
- Put the phone to the speaker, click on “Play sound”.
- Within a few seconds, a connection will be established. the voice assistant himself will say this.
How to connect a mini-speaker “Alice”? Use the same instruction.
How to connect the column “Alice“?
Today we will figure out what needs to be done to activate the speaker with the voice assistant “Alice”, how to connect it to Wi-Fi for the first time. Let’s consider how to connect the “Alice” column for all possible use cases:
Connecting the Alice speaker to a computer or laptop
You can freely use the mini-station “Alice” as a wireless speaker for broadcasting music from a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. How to connect the Yandex-Alice column here? To do this, you need the following:
- Tell the column: “Alice, turn on Bluetooth”.
- Another option for activating the Bluetooth module: hold down the microphone mute button on the speaker for a few minutes. until the backlight of the device starts blinking.
- How to connect the column “Alice” to the computer? After that, turn on Bluetooth already on your PC or laptop, start the search for wireless devices.
- Select a column from the list that appears and connect to it. The standard name is usually: Yandex.Station-XXXXXX.
- Wait until the light ring on the device stops flashing. this means that the connection is established.
- Turn on music and enjoy high quality sound.
Before connecting the Yandex-Alice speaker to your phone or computer, keep in mind that as long as music is being played via Bluetooth, it will not be possible to use it as a virtual assistant. In order for Alice to hear you again, you need to disconnect the wireless connection. If you have previously paired the speaker with your computer or smartphone, then in its list “Alice” always remains in the visible section.
Are you looking for how to connect a smart speaker “Alice” to a computer? Please note that without Bluetooth, via an HDMI cable, you will not be able to connect a smart speaker to a PC. at this stage, Yandex.Stations (in official mode) do not provide audio output via HDMI.
Connecting other speakers
If you do not have enough depth, sound volume on the “Alice” speaker itself, you can additionally connect an external acoustic system to it. So, such an extension is supported by Yandex.Station Mini. How to connect a Yandex-Alice smart speaker to another speaker? To connect between them, you will need to purchase a wire for the AUX outputs with two plugs.
How to connect Alice to a Bluetooth speaker? There are also unofficial ways to pair Alice with speakers with a bluetooth module:
- Use a computer or media server as an “intermediate link”. Connect the speaker to the PC via the line-out, and then in the OS settings select which (both wireless and wired) acoustics connected to the computer, you want to transmit sound from “Alice”.
- Purchase a bluetooth transmitter with 3.5 mm audio output (but keep in mind that they are rechargeable, not portable), connect it to the AUX input on your Yandex.Station.
What is a receiver
Digital television operates in a modern digital format. New technologies have improved the quality of sound and picture. In addition to 20 basic TV channels, digital catches more than 300 different TV programs and constantly expands the range.
Most older TVs, including LCD or Plasma TVs, are tuned to work with an analogue DTV (Digital Television) signal. It is transmitted in the AM band on FM radio frequencies. The transmission quality is low due to the large amount of interference. And the farther the receiving point is from the radio tower, the worse it is.
For broadcast quality from 525 lines, 60 fields and 30 frames to Full HD standards, you need to connect the receiver to a TV.
Analog broadcasting is disabled in Russia. To watch digital 20 free channels, you need a modern TV with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner, Smart TV or a set-top box (receiver). This equipment acts as a decoder for the signal. It transfers the image to the screen. And the quality of broadcasting may depend on it. Let’s figure out how to connect the tuner to the TV through the various connectors provided in the kit or suitable for your equipment.
What TV does not need a set-top box
Modern TV models are equipped with a built-in or external T2 tuner. For such options, an additional attachment is not required. You can check the presence of such equipment in your TV on the official website of the manufacturer, for example, go to the Samsung website and dial the TV model in the appropriate section.
You can carefully study the passport for TV. It must indicate the complete set and the type of incoming TV broadcast signals.
Smart TV running over an internet connection does not require a receiver. The quality of broadcasting in this case depends on the speed of data transmission over the network and the reliability of the connection with it.
Via RCA connector
The classic connection of old TVs goes through tulips or RCA connectors. DVD set-top boxes and other equipment were previously connected in the same way. There are three connectors on each end of the cable: red, white and yellow. Yellow is not required to connect the receiver to the TV through tulips. Red and white wire. audio signals.
On the TV and set-top box, the tulip connectors are tinted with the same colors. Additionally, they all have their own markings. The maximum quality that can be obtained with this option for transmitting digital channels is up to 1080p.
Important! Tulips are power cables. Connect connector RCA possible only when the power supply of the TV and set-top box is disconnected.
Chromecast is a development from Google that allows you to display an image on a TV screen from a mobile gadget, for example, from the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.
- connect the phone to the HDMI connector located on the TV;
- provide power supply through the network or USB port;
- install the appropriate extension on the phone;
- specify the code (it will appear on the screen after installing the extension);
- allow network access.
The advantages of using a Chromecast service are to increase the speed of interaction with the host of “smart” TVs.
DLANA is a technology for exchanging media data (between devices supporting this technology), provided that the interacting devices are united by a network connection.
Attention! To owners of smartphones released by LG, DLNA is known as “Smart SHARE”. Samsung calls this technology AllShare, and SONY calls this shell VAIO Media Server.
How to synchronize a DLNA service with a smartphone (for example, HTC): You need to make sure that all devices have an Internet signal Launch “Gallery” Select any of the available files Press “more” Select a player corresponding to the brand or specific model of TV.
After the actions performed by the user, the selected photo will appear on the TV display automatically. This applies to any files stored in the smartphone gallery.
Note: if the task failed, then the user will need to download a shell that is compatible with the brand of the device. As a rule, the name of the shell is identical to the additional software.
MHL 3.0 (for 4K)
Adapters (as an option, DIGITUS MHL 3.0) have become available to users since 2013, expanding the horizons of smartphone owners:
- 4K 30Hz image transmission.
- High quality audio. Dolby TrueHD. for 7.1 and DTS-HD.
- Battery charging up to 10W.
Interesting: the first gadgets to support the 3.0 standard were Sony’s technology: a Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and a tablet PC of the same series.
This cord is another option that makes it possible to synchronize a smartphone with a TV screen. MHL is a combination of a function performed by HDMI (such as Dell DA200 USB-C), which is responsible for transferring high quality audio and video signals, and micro USB, which powers the smartphone battery.
- Classic. involves the use of an adapter cable with three wires: HDMI-in. for connecting to a TV screen, USB-in in microformat. for connecting to a power source and USB-out “micro” type. for a mobile phone. The flaw in this synchronization method is the extra wire.
- Direct Connecting. HDMI-out on TV MHL-out on mobile phone. This method of connection is convenient, however, it is not compatible with every TV.
- Exclusive. created by Samsung, which is available to users as a separate adapter or as an add-on to some products. Exclusive. there are additional contacts with an indicator of 11 pins, while the standard has only five. It is important to take into account that the number of pins in devices must be the same, otherwise you will need an additional adapter to connect the devices.
How to connect your phone to your TV: 10 ways
Do you want to show photos or video footage from your smartphone to friends and family, but do not want to huddle in front of the small screen of your mobile phone? Connect your Smart device to your TV and enjoy a high-quality picture on a large display. How to do this. read the article. We looked at 10 popular ways to connect a mobile phone to a TV screen.
Altice One: Programming Your Altice One Remote
Some methods are suitable for android gadgets, some for iPhones. Read on to find the one that suits you best. The article describes both connection methods that involve the use of cables and USB wires, and wireless options.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Two devices in one. as, for example, the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (adapter with cable). will suit the owners of Apple phones. This adapter allows you to synchronize your iPhone or iPad with almost any device that has an HDMI input: connect your mobile phone or tablet to the projector, as well as a monitor and a TV. any device will be able to simultaneously broadcast everything that happens on the user’s smartphone to an external source. Watching videos, slideshows, surfing the web. these processes will not be limited by the size of the device display.
If the smartphone or TV does not have an HDMI connector, the user can synchronize devices using the MiniDisplay-Port adapter.
Important: the adapter must be selected corresponding, for example, MiniDisplay-Port to HDMI.
In fact, it is an interface standard for outputting signals to monitors, known to the user as Display-Port. The prefix “mini” says that this is a miniature copy of it, which allows you to use the appropriate connector for mobile gadgets.
Development-based Wi-Fi Direct Miracast is a great option for connecting Smart devices to a TV monitor wirelessly.
- Wireless connection: if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi receiver, it is possible to use a separate adapter by connecting it via the HDMI port.
- The video resolution threshold is 1920×1200: if the quality of the transmitted image is higher, the system will “adjust” it to its own standard.
- Dolby AC3 sound quality. for 5.1 multi-channel playback.
There were some drawbacks here: not every gadget supports miracast connections, besides, this standard does not have compatibility with 4K quality, while “smart” mobile phones are able to make such images.
Setting up the set-top box via iPhone
On smartphones from Apple there is a special function designed to set up a proprietary set-top box. This option is called iBeacon. To set up Apple TV using your iPhone mobile, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Insert all the necessary cables, and then turn on the equipment to the network.
- Bring your smartphone to the set-top box, and then walk away with the mobile device a short distance. 20 centimeters will be enough.
- A notification will appear on the smartphone screen prompting you to start setting up. You need to click “Yes”.
- Log in to the Apple ID, for this you need to enter the appropriate username and password.
- As a result, two notifications will appear on the iPhone screen. whether to save the Apple ID account on this device, and permission will also be requested to send reports on the operation of equipment.
- Answer the requests that appeared on the mobile phone screen.
- Setup will start, wait for it to finish.
All in all, syncing will only take a few minutes. Then you can get to work. To set up Apple TV using an iPad or iPhone, iOS 9.1 is required. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth must be enabled on your smartphone or tablet.
What you need to connect
The set-top box connects to the TV via HDMI cable or Wi-Fi. There are no alternative ways. A wired connection is a priority option, since it opens up the opportunity to fully use the functionality of the device. If you sync over Wi-Fi, you won’t be able to use iTunes. List of required connections:
- TV with a working HDMI connector;
- HDMI cable;
- Internet access;
- Apple TV set-top box.
The cable will have to be purchased separately. The base Apple TV package includes only the power cord, remote control, device, and USB cable.
Connect Apple TV to your TV in 5 minutes
Only a small part of users know how to connect Apple TV to a TV and carry out the first set-up of equipment. In fact, syncing these devices is a simple and straightforward process that everyone can handle.
The technology, released by Apple, has an intuitive, simple and clear interface. Therefore, users do not have any problems with connecting and setting up equipment from this manufacturer.
Apple TV connection process to TV
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the jack on the device and the other to the corresponding jack on the TV.
Insert the mains cable into the power socket, and then plug the cable into the socket.
Take your TV remote control and select “HDMI” as the main signal source.
Why doesn’t TV see the set-top box? It is possible that one of the cables is not working. The second reason is that the equipment was set up incorrectly. You should also not exclude the fact that you have mixed up the connectors, and the devices were connected incorrectly. Check everything again.
What Apple TV does
A smart set-top box from a well-known American brand differs from analogues in its versatility. Let’s see what features it provides:
- creation of a home multimedia center by synchronizing various gadgets: TV, smartphone, tablet, speaker system, player and other devices;
- using the iTunes application to play music content;
- getting access to high quality video content (TV series, films, clips), which is stored on the appropriate resources;
- watching sports broadcasts in real time;
- displaying images from mobile gadgets on a large TV screen, regardless of the operating system. Therefore, you can sync your Samsung smartphone and Apple TV;
- access to the most popular video games, podcasts.
Apple consoles are conventionally divided into 4 generations. Debut line mowers were available with Mac OS X Tige. The technique of the second version operates on the basis of iOS.
Owners of the second and third generation Smart Boxes from Apple will be able to play media content exclusively in streaming mode. This is due to the lack of a built-in hard drive with sufficient capacity to store files directly on the hard drive.
The A5’s central processing unit and 8GB of internal memory are used as intermediate storage for streaming information. However, there are advantages. The set-top box allows you to play various content from iTunes in maximum resolution (Full HD) and with multichannel soundtrack without any delays.
After connecting the set-top box, you can not only watch TV. The functionality of the TV will be significantly expanded.
To access the multimedia library of a smartphone, laptop, computer or tablet, you need to install special software. Then the devices are synchronized. Control will be carried out using the remote control, which is included in the basic set-top box. An alternative way is any gadget that works on iOS 7 or higher.
Set up Apple TV as follows:
How to connect Alexa to Samsung Smart Tv
- Turn on your TV and set-top box. If the wired connection was made correctly, a menu for setting up a new device will appear on the TV screen.
- Connect the remote control by pressing the touch panel.
- Using the remote control, the initial configuration is carried out: the language, region is selected, the voice control function is activated (available only in models of the fourth generation and above), a password is entered.
- During the first connection to the Internet, activate your accounts in Apple branded services, for example, in iTunes.
A few words about connecting the remote control. Click on the touch panel of the remote control to start syncing with the set-top box. If you have any difficulties, then press the menu button and the volume up key at the same time. They need to be held for about 5 seconds. It is possible that the notification “There is too much distance between devices” will appear on the TV screen. In this case, you need to put the remote control on the console.
The step-by-step instructions are simple and straightforward. Each user will be able to independently turn on the Apple TV. This completes the setup of the STB. Now you will be able to download and play multimedia content.
If you are a fan of Apple products and have several devices from this manufacturer, then be sure to connect your smartphone, tablet, laptop to the TV. Synchronization takes a minimum of time. Everything is very convenient and affordable.
This protocol was developed by Apple and serves as an interface for transferring files from iPhone to TV (AirPlay Mirroring). With the help of the technology, the user receives an exact copy of the smartphone screen on Samsung TV of any diagonal without third-party software.
To sync a picture, you need:
- Apple TV or Samsung branded set-top box supporting AirPlay2 protocol (option 1);
- TV with DLNA or Miracast support (option 2).
Important! If Samsung does not support these technologies, use wi-fi adapters. For example, universal MiraScreen, Miracast or Google Chromecast, which provide mirroring. They are connected via the supplied HDMI cable and USB charger.
The synchronization process begins with direct configuration of the equipment. connect external wires and establish a Wi-Fi connection from one source (router, iPhone).
- If a set-top box is used, you need to pair it with the iPhone for synchronization;
- Select the signal source (HDMI) on the TV;
- Activate the desired type of communication on the phone, as well as the set-top box / adapter / TV. On the iPhone, go to network settings, and on other devices, select the Network option. The connection type for smartphone and TV must match;
- Click on AirPlay Display Underscan section, turn on AirPlay Mirroring;
- Find a file to play from a gallery or file manager;
- Click on the “TV” icon. In the pop-up window, select the TV connected to the network. After synchronization, every action performed with the smartphone is duplicated on the TV screen;
- Stop streaming by clicking on the same icon and select iPhone.
Let’s take a closer look at how to connect an iPhone to a TV through a set-top box and an adapter (in two ways). In the second case, the installation of additional applications is required. screen mirroring is done through them.
Apple TV box
Apple TV is a piece of equipment for iOS devices that streams 4K to TV screens. Has built-in Screen Mirroring function. Connects to the monitor using an HDMI cable with a lightning port (auto charging).
Before connecting to a smartphone, the set-top box is configured according to the instructions. The kit already contains a remote control and a cable. No additional sync apps required.
- Connect Apple TV and Samsung with a cable;
- Download AirPlay to the phone to directly connect to the controls;
- Connect the set-top box and phone to Wi-Fi;
- Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone (iOS 11.0) screen to load the control point menu. For all other iPhone versions, enable the AirPlay app to mirror your screen and view any files;
- Select the “Screen Repeat” button;
- From the list of devices, click on the prefix (model name);
- A code (4 digits) appears on the display screen. It is entered into the field that opens on the iPhone. The devices are paired once (before resetting the settings);
- To exit the full-length broadcast, they ask for the “Control Center” on the smartphone and turn off the repeat.
This method allows you to perform any actions on a smartphone with full display on an external monitor (browser, applications, gallery).
If Apple equipment cannot be purchased, they use the second option. The main task is to set up Wi-Fi transmission from Samsung to iPhone. This requires a specific TV model or a universal adapter that adjusts Wi-Fi connection for any Samsung models.
- Connect the TV to the adapter cable or set the access point to TV (with Miracast);
- Connect the iPhone to the created access point that distributes Wi-Fi;
- Pull the screen curtain down, click on the screen repeat. The wireless display starts broadcasting to the TV;
- Download the EZMira application, which adjusts the individual parameters of playback and picture quality.
An overview of the possibilities is given in the following
Important! You don’t need to have a Samsung Smart TV to connect any iPhone to a Samsung TV. Miracast adapter (with AirPlay) duplicates the screen to a large monitor. Everything that happens on the iPhone is visible on Samsung. DLNA adapters only support the transfer (playback) of files from the gallery, because not designed to work with AirPlay.
Experienced users know that the iPhone is connected to a modern Samsung TV via the AirPlay service protocol and does not require additional software. However, in the absence of an Apple set-top box or modest TV functionality (the wrong model), the owners of iOS devices have to resort to other “assistants”. special applications that duplicate the screen, as well as buy adapters or Wi-Fi adapters.
Mirroring iPhone screen to TV via Wi-Fi is the easiest way to sync devices. This method allows you not only to broadcast online content from your phone wirelessly, but also to view any files from the device’s memory.
If Wi-Fi is connected to Smart TV (built-in), videos are viewed on the TV using the YouTube app. To do this, connect the iPhone and TV to the same network, press the play button from the phone. Next, they click on the AirPlay icon built into YouTube (the combined image icon with Wi-Fi). The broadcast is automatically duplicated on the TV screen. Those. additional settings are not required for online demonstration of videos from a smartphone.
Consider the cases when the user needs to show photo, video, audio files, watch movies or play games. Any Smart TV (with the Internet) is suitable for this, as well as models from budget lines. The difference in connection lies in the equipment used (adapter, set-top box), which is responsible for synchronizing the picture.
Ways to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV Wirelessly
Apple device owners are increasingly interested in how to connect their iPhone to a Samsung TV. There are two such methods in total. wireless and cable. Let’s describe what is required for this, as well as what advantages and disadvantages each of the synchronization methods has.
All budget Samsung models, old iPhones, as well as in the case of connecting via DNLA, require the installation of additional applications for displaying images on the screen. You need to download them on the App Store.
- TV Assist;
- AllShare TV-Cast (installed on both devices from Appstore and SamsungApps);
- Twonky Beam;
- Smart View;
- Samsung Smart View (for “Smart” TV).
The principle of connecting to a TV is to synchronize the telephone network and additional equipment. a set-top box or adapter (“smart” TV). Further, the application installed on the iPhone is turned on in the “TV” mode (by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner). The next step is to select devices for playback (TV, set-top box). After simple (intuitive) settings, they proceed to view the required files. An overview of the features of the popular iMediaShare and Flipps is given in this video:
The method is used only for viewing some files from the phone, such as photos, documents or videos. The USB connector connected to the device does not support video transmission and flash playback in online streaming mode.
For connection use USB complete with lightning or 30-pin digital AV Adapter (Apple). After establishing the connection, go to the “Files” folder and select the desired file. If none of the connection types work (if any), go to other methods.