How to connect an all-in-one printer to a computer
All-in-one printer combines the functions of a scanner, copier and printer in its housing. By and large, this is a printing equipment combined with a scanner. It is not rare that this technique causes many problems for users to connect and configure the device. But everything is very simple.
What you need to connect
There are several all-in-one printer connection options:
- Local. This option assumes an all-in-one printer connection using USB or Wi-Fi. over, the connection is made using the standard software. Usually, such a connection occurs without problems.
- Network. With this option, the device is connected to the PC locally and through the shared access allows the printer to be used by other computers. A network all-in-one printer can be made by connecting the equipment to a PC and allowing print access to all network users.
Before setting up your printer, you will need to familiarize yourself with the performance specifications:
- It is necessary to go to the properties of the equipment and find the section “Fax properties”. Here you will need to fill in the relevant fields. You will definitely need to specify the number and turn off the “Error correction” function.
- Then you need to configure the print parameters.
Step by step connection
There are often situations when the number of all-in-one printers is less than the number of PCs on this network, and when printing files, additional hardware settings are required to print files. In THESE cases, there are several ways to connect.
All-in-one printer to computer via USB
When installing the equipment, you need to use the Corresponding drivers:
- Before connecting the printer, it must be powered from the mains and, of course, to the PC. Then you need to start the hardware driver. If the device is new, then, taking into account the instructions, you need to remove the transport belts.
- Then you need to turn off the printer and insert a wire into the corresponding USB connector. Then turn on the printer.
- The computer will see the all-in-one printer, and a message will appear at the bottom indicating the found hardware. After that, the installation window will appear, in which further actions are indicated. You will need to be called “Next”, before that I installed the CD with the software.
- Then, when the required programs have been installed, you will need to go to “Start”. After in “Printers and Faxes”. In case of malfunction, the equipment will not be displayed.
- If the installation is successful, check the print. Right-click on the name all-in-one printer and open “Properties”. Then find “Test Print”, and call this item.
- Drivers for the equipment can be installed from the “Printers and Faxes” menu. It will need to be called “Printer Installation” twice. Then the setup wizard is activated and the corresponding menu appears. In here it is necessary to call “Further”. If you want the operating system to find the connected hardware by itself, you must check the box next to the “Automatic printer installation” menu. Then it searches for all-in-one printer and downloads drivers.
- If the required software is not available, you need to go to the printer manufacturer’s website and download the driver from there. Why do you need to specify the name of the manufacturer of the device in the search engine, best of all in English, press “Enter”. Drivers are most often in the form of an unpacking archive. Due to this, there will be no difficulties during setup.
All-in-one printer to a computer via Wi-Fi
Typically, this equipment is connected via Wi-Fi only using a separate access point. You can connect a device via Wi-Fi only using a USB cable:
- Before connecting the printer using Wi-Fi, you first need to configure the access point settings.
- Then you need to configure Wi-Fi directly on the printing equipment and then connect it to the access point. Now the software for the all-in-one printer is loaded on the PC and the printer that is connected to the network is determined.
- It is necessary to turn on the printing device and set certain parameters. Then you need to find a further point for connecting the all-in-one printer via Wi-Fi and in the window that appears they will call “YES”.
- Then the menu “Quick setup” is selected.
- When the equipment finds a local network, you must specify the Wi-Fi code, which is set in the properties of the router.
- Then you need to confirm the specified code. When connected to Wi-Fi, the light must turn blue.
It is very easy to connect a printing device to a PC using Wi-Fi or USB. This can help you set up printing after moving or purchasing a new device. And there is no need to wait for a specialist or spend money for his services.
How do I connect my phone to a computer via Wi-Fi? How to connect a smartphone via Wi-Fi to a computer
Despite the general trend of computer literacy, in our time there are still many people whose user experience is not centuries rich in order to easily solve certain communication or network problems. If you do not know how to connect your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi, then reading this article will do you good. However, the methods of comprehensive synchronization of electronic devices and getting wireless access to the Internet, in which you will learn from the material below, are also effective for second mobile devices, be it a tablet or a modern smartphone. The main thing is the computer and the device connected to it Must be equipped with a special Wi-Fi module or an adapter of the same name.
Where does networking begin
Of course, before you get instructions on how to connect your phone to your computer via Wi-Fi, you need to understand what you will be using the wireless connection for. Since there are various methods for the usual synchronization of a mobile phone with a computer and gaining access to the Internet through a “finished” device. It should be noted that the last option looks a little more complicated in terms of implementation. However, having secured the advice set out in the article, you can easily achieve your goals.
How to connect your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi: the easiest way
In the case when the user has a modern laptop and a smartphone, the process of “online acquaintance” of electronic devices is reduced to Elementary by pressing a few keys:
- Turn on your laptop PC Wi-Fi adapter.
- We activate the search option for wireless network devices in the smartphone.
- After the phone detects your laptop, “exchange” pins and enjoy the benefits of modern technology.
However, the above method may NOT work if certain drivers are missing on the computer. To fix this kind of “digital trick”, download and install special software on your laptop. For example, after the AirDroid program automatically assigns a special IP address to your smartphone, you just need to enter it into the address period of the browser installed on your computer, and. voila! synchronization has occurred.
Contacts, messages, photos, music and documents: destination. hard drive
When you urgently need to transfer any information to a computer, the question is: “How to connect a phone to a computer via Wi-Fi?” will require permission as soon as possible. The above method of synchronization is quite suitable if you need to save various multimedia content or digital documents stored in the “memory area” of your phone on your computer hard drive. However, even if you copy (as indicated above) the phone book to the hard disk of the PC, you will hardly be able to get acquainted with the contents of the received container. As you understand, in such a situation you will need a specialized program, the use of which will certainly become a practical answer to the question of “how to connect a smartphone via Wi-Fi to a computer”. By the way, if you have not yet installed on your PC a proprietary utility from the manufacturer of your phone (software that allows you to work seamlessly with your device on a desktop or laptop), you should know: you have lost a lot.
I want unlimited internet!
We will divide the next use of Wi-Fi wireless technology into two subspecies. The first is connecting to the global network through an independent router, which is an access point. The second is a similar method in which the user uses the laptop’s hardware. Let’s take a closer look at the first option.
The router gives the go-ahead to connect!
So, dear reader, we bring to your attention a “visual” answer to the question: “How to connect a phone to a computer via a Wi-Fi router?” By the way, after the implementation of the instructions described below, you will be able not only to view files and records stored in the smartphone’s memory on the PC screen, but also to perform the opposite actions. to open computer folders directly on the mobile device, as well as play multimedia content on the phone’s hardware. Agree, it’s incredibly convenient when the only PC in the family is occupied by one of the family members.
Local network software and organization
Connecting an Android device to a computer via Wi-Fi (using the described method) implies the use of special software, which must first be installed on a smartphone. However, any other mobile operating system will also require the installation of third-party software to implement the covered network project.
- So, let’s take “ES Explorer” as an example. This application is distributed absolutely free of charge through the Play Market, from where you are invited to download it.
- After installing and running this software, go to the “LAN” tab.
- Next, you need to run the “SCAN” command and find the local computer.
- The next step is to press the “Create” button and set the connection parameters.
In total, you will receive a practical answer to the question: “How to connect Android via Wi-Fi to a network or to a computer?”
What Was Not Said.
It should be noted that you must first configure the local network: activate the network discovery option for all network profiles and check the automatic configuration item, and also disable password protection for network access. In the properties of the folders that you wish to open on your smartphone, all restrictions for general use must be removed. Remember: if your device finally saw the network, but, nevertheless, cannot open any Internet page, all this indicates that the network parameters and settings are incorrect.
Second option: I distribute the Internet from a laptop
- Download and install VirtualRouter Plus software.
- After starting the mentioned software, in the window that opens, specify the name of the connection, set the password and in the lowest checkbox select the working network.
- Click the “Start Virtual” button.
Now you can access the Internet with particular ease, using your laptop as a router. Of course, the laptop must have a connection to the global network via a power cord.
Congratulations: you have become the owner of the knowledge of how to connect your phone to a PC via Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth technology of wireless connection, perhaps, to the great regret of many, we have NOT touched on due to the impossibility of covering everything within the framework of one article. However, we will nevertheless mention something: when using the “blue tooth” in the organization of the above-described network schemes, the user is unlikely to be pleased with the correctness and speed of data transfer. Therefore, arm yourself with new technologies, and leave Bluetooth for data exchange with accessories that do NOT have Wi-Fi capabilities. High-speed connection to you and fruitful internet sessions!
Connect printer to laptop via Wi-Fi
Let’s figure out how to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi without a router. We have previously covered a similar topic of connecting an all-in-one printer printer to a laptop via a router, but now we will figure out more locally how to install a Wi-Fi printer to a laptop without a router. Let’s consider Possible problems, why the laptop may NOT see your printer, when connected via Wi-Fi and similar errors. First, let’s consider various options for connecting a wireless printer to a laptop without using a router.
Connection and configuration
Let’s consider the main types of connection of a Wi-Fi printer to a PC via a Wi-Fi network.
Wi-Fi hotspot connection
To begin with, consider the option of how you can connect a wireless Wi-Fi printer without a router, using the direct network connection setting (peer-to-peer wireless network). For this setting, you will need to complete the following points (I recommend the first two only as a last resort if your laptop does not see the printer’s wireless network, for advanced users):
- First, we reset the settings to the factory settings (see the User manual)
- After that, we perform the basic configuration, according to your user manual;
- We make sure the wireless network is working (the color Wi-Fi indicator on the panel should be blinking / on)
- Next, from the PC we search for the wireless Wi-Fi network of our printer, as a rule, this is the name of its model, for example “HP.”;
- We establish a connection between the laptop and the printer (as a rule, a password is NOT required)
- Install software for (Drivers, see CD-ROM from the printer).
After completing all the steps, your model will automatically appear in the list of available devices, and you can print. There are disadvantages of connecting through an access point, and they are obvious:
- The connection is NOT secure;
- Lack of multi-connection networks from a laptop;
- Each time, manual connection.
Let’s look at another option.
To begin with, we need to connect the device directly to a laptop using a USB cable, or it is possible that it is already connected to a stationary PC, and we need to additionally connect a laptop via Wi-Fi for shared printing. We configure and install the printer via a USB cable, make sure that printing works.
Next, go to “Control Panel. Devices and Printers” or “Start. Devices and Printers”.
Note: View: Large Icons. You may have “Categories”.
Next, select yours from the list, press RMB, select “Printer Properties”.
Go to the “Access” tab, mark the “Shared access to this printer” checkbox, specifying the network name, click “OK”.
Then you can disconnect the USB cable, go to the “Devices and Printers” folder again, click “Add Printer”.
In the window that appears, you should see and select our printing device.
Click “Next”, then we do a print test.
As we can see, the router is NOT required at all and the distribution of printing via Wi-Fi is completed.
Unfortunately, I did not find useful videos on how to set up printing without using a router directly from a laptop, so I suggest that you familiarize yourself with alternative methods of printing from different devices, including Android gadgets, using a virtual printer, all you need is to download a special attachment.
Connecting an HP printer to a Wi-Fi network and printing from a laptop or computer
With the development of the Internet, the benefits of printers and printing in general are declining. Resume work or study documents can be submitted in electronic form, and after that the originals of documents can be delivered if necessary. But there are still many cases when a physical medium is a prerequisite. If the need to print something arises regularly, then a home printer becomes irreplaceable.
A printer is at least 2 extra wires on the table: power and connection to a computer. Add here the power of the PC itself, charging from a smartphone, headphones, a wireless speaker and other peripherals, and even an experienced user can get lost in this.
Getting rid of at least one wire will help a wireless printer connection. via home Wi-Fi. In addition to freeing up space on the table, this will allow you to do not go to the device to start printing at all: you should select the desired document and send it to work. This can be done even from a smartphone while sitting in another room.
Due to the company’s popularity, this article will look at how to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi.
What you need to connect
First of all, you need a home router, which distributes a stable signal to the places where the computer and printer are installed. It is also necessary that a PC, laptop or smartphone be connected to this particular network, even if it does not have access to the Internet: the local connection of devices is important. Next, you need to connect the printer and use a special program from HP to establish a connection.
Connecting the Printer to Wi-Fi
The general instruction is the only one for all devices and looks like this:
- In the process of connecting, enter the password for the network on the computer screen;
- Turn on the printer
- Make sure it contains ink cartridges and paper;
- Connect the printer to the network.
But the approach changes depending on the series and years of release of the devices.
Instructions for printers with touch panel control:
- Go to the printer settings;
- Find the wireless menu;
- Get username and password;
- Go to the “Wireless network” menu;
- Select “Wireless Network Settings Wizard”.
The setting items may also differ depending on the model. If you can’t find the same ones, you need to look for similar ones in different sections.
The instructions for printers without a touch panel are more relevant. Such devices are cheaper and more widespread. This includes, for example, the HP LaserJet Pro P1102W printer and the HP LaserJet Pro all-in-one printer M28w.
- Hold down the wireless button. On Tango series printers, you must additionally hold down the power key.
- After 5 seconds (or after the Corresponding indicator starts blinking), hold down the WPS key on the router for 2 minutes. The connection process should begin. When finished, the light on the printer should go out.
If everything is done correctly, the printer will be ready for use. It remains to prepare the computer.
Connecting an HP printer to a laptop
First, it is worth considering the scheme for connecting to a laptop via Wi-Fi, since there are nuances with a personal computer.
- First you need to make sure the laptop is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.
- Install the driver from the official website of the company. To do this, you need to enter the name and model number. After that, the entire list of software for it will be shown.
- Open the downloaded software (the program will be installed along with the drivers).
- If necessary, enter a code or password from the printer.
This instruction will work with your phone and tablet as well. Instead of the driver from the company’s website, you need to install the HP Smart software.
Connecting the Printer via Wi-Fi to Your Home Computer
The whole process is similar to the description in the paragraph above. But it should be understood that low- and mid-budget computers, as well as solutions 10 years ago, will no longer have a Wi-Fi module. Laptops have it by default even in the cheapest models due to the peculiarities of their use.
If you want to get rid of the extra wire at the computer, you can purchase a module that connects via USB. With it, you can connect a PC to Wi-Fi, even if this is not provided from the factory. The speed may be slower than with a cable, but it is sufficient to connect to the printer. This option will cost 300-500 rubles or more.
Wi-Fi Direct. if there is no way to connect to a local network
This technology will help if, apart from the general Wi-Fi network, there is nothing else. This could be a cafe, hostel, or library. The connection method is different for each individual device.
Windows 8.1 or higher computer
This instruction is relevant for computers running Windows 8.1 or higher. The places of action are different, but the general algorithm is the same.
- Find a list of printers. On the 10th version of the system in the “Start” you need to find the settings, go to the “Devices” section, and then. “Printers and scanners”. You can immediately enter the name of the last item in the search bar and go to it directly. For Windows 8, you need to find “Devices” among the “charms”.
- Select “Add Printer or Scanner”.
- Click Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers.
- Find but do not select your printer in the format: DIRECT-printer name.
- Turn on printer / wake up from sleep mode.
- Now you can click “Add device” on your PC.
- If the system prompts for a password, it will be displayed on the printer screen. It must be entered within 1.5 minutes.
Now you can start typing.
The technology will help if you need to print something from a mobile device. Android must be NOT lower than 5.0.
You need to know in advance the name of the printer in the system and the password from it. To do this, on a printer with a control panel, click on “Wi-Fi Direct” or open the settings related to technology. All the necessary information will be here in electronic form.
In print format:
- Find “Reports”;
- Select “Network Information” (or “Confidential Networks”);
- Print report.
If there are only buttons for control, then one of the following options will do:
- Press the button with an inverted exclamation mark to start printing the report;
- Hold down the “Resume” button for 3 seconds to print the required information. If printing does NOT start, then hold for 10 seconds
- Hold down the “Wi-Fi Direct” button for 3 seconds;
- Simultaneously press “Wireless” and the information sign (inverted exclamation point).
- Install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or tablet from the company’s website;
- In the program find the button “Starry printers Wi-Fi Direct”;
- Find your printer
- Connect to the device by entering the printer password found in the system;
- Wait for connection. When finished, the printer name will be on the main screen of the application. Otherwise, click on the plus and select your device.
You can now start printing. The required file must be located in the phone memory or on a connected USB flash drive.
IOS devices, Mac computers
The process is similar to that for android, but has its own characteristics:
- First you need to open the page in the browser that you want to print;
- Determine the name of the printer similarly to point 1 of the instructions for android;
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device or computer;
- Find the desired printer, connect, enter the password.
You can start printing.
Windows 7 computers
- The first 2 points are similar to the previous instructions.
- Click the wireless icon in the lower right corner.
- Choose your printer.
After that, you can open the required document and start printing.
Printing takes longer on devices running a new operating system
- The first 2 points are similar to the instructions for Apple technology.
- Open document for printing.
- Click on the time in the lower right corner.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the printer you need by entering the password.
- In the settings menu, select “Options”.
- At the bottom, find the item for additional options.
- Find the “Print” section.
- In “Printers” click the button for adding a new device.
- Select yours and click “Add”.
- Go to the document you want to print.
- Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Print”.
- Find the “Printer” field.
- Name “Change”.
- Choose your device.
- Select the desired settings.
- Click “Print”.
If there are any problems, you need to refer to the last section of the article with frequently asked questions.
What to do if the HP printer won’t connect
There are special software programs for troubleshooting HP printer connection problems. Reinstalling drivers, resetting settings also helps. The solutions differ depending on the device to which the printer is connected.
For Windows, there is the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is designed to find bugs. You can download it from the official website of the company. After starting, automatic diagnostics will start.
If the printer is not found in the process of selecting a device, you need to click on the “My device is not listed” button. If printing does NOT start after the program is running, then you should reinstall the drivers:
- Disconnect the printer from the PC (including the cable);
- Open the control panel in the PC;
- Find the item “Programs” or the like;
- Click “Remove the program”. A window will open with a list of all installed applications on the computer;
- Find the name of the printer and delete;
- Turn on the printer
- Go to the HP website, enter the name of your printer;
- Download the driver and install it. Instructions will be in Russian.
If none of the methods helped, then the problem is most likely not in the printer, or it is related to technical equipment, and not software.
On Apple computers, you first need to try resetting the printing system settings:
- Open system settings;
- Find the item “Print and Fax” or similar;
- In the window that opens, right-click on an empty area. A menu will drop out with the item “Print system reset”;
- Confirm reset. If required, enter the system administrator information.
If this method did NOT help, then we also proceed to reinstall the driver:
- Disconnect the cable from the printer;
- On the Dock, click the Finder button;
- Press the “Go” button;
- Click on the “Applications” button;
- Open the HP folder (Hewlett Packard). If it has HP Uninstaller, it will launch it, follow the instructions and go to step 8. If it is there, go to step 6;
- Send the entire folder to the trash;
- Will empty the trash;
- Turn on the printer
- Go to the HP website, enter the name of the required printer;
- Download the driver;
- Will launch the installer and follow the instructions.
After that, you need to try to print the document again. If it fails, then the problem is not with the printer.
In the case of mobile devices, you should first try to restart the printer, the device itself, the router.
If that doesn’t help, you need to check your network connection. To do this, you need to make sure that the smartphone or tablet from which the documents are sent for printing are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer. The name is usually indicated under the wifa icon in the upper notification curtain, if you lower it down. In case the problem is related to the network, you need to get closer to the distribution point of the network. It is recommended to move Not only the smartphone, but also the printer.
The printing device may also NOT be connected to Wi-Fi. You can check this using the settings, if there is a screen. In its absence, the buttons for wireless communication and information (or the button for starting printing) are clamped. The printer will issue a report indicating the status of the network. This will require a sheet of paper in the tray and paint.
First you need to check the methods given in the section for Android. If that doesn’t work, check if the AirPrint function is active:
- Find out the IP address of the printer. It is indicated in the device information on the screen or in the printed report (see section for android)
- Open Safari;
- Enter the IP address in the search term. Press the transition button;
- Find the “Network” button;
- Select AirPrint, press “Status”;
- In the drop-down window, click “OK”;
- A window will pop up informing you that the connection is NOT private. Here you need to click on the information, where there will be a link “visit this site” (Visit this website in English)
- If the AirPrint status is shown as off, you need to turn it on.
If unsuccessful, you can try Wi-Fi Direct.
Frequently asked Questions
Despite the Detailed instructions, users often have unresolved questions.
Where to get the printer password and pin code on HP?
If the default settings have not been changed, then these data will be indicated on the stickers on the back or bottom next to all basic information about the device. If they do not fit, you need to contact the person who set up, installed the printer, or to the service center.
Tried all methods, but still can’t connect: no connection. What to do?
In such a situation, it is necessary to look for the reason in the connection, the computer itself or the smartphone, the router. First, it is worth checking everything the same, but with a different router, and if it does not help, then with a computer, so that either immediately remove suspicions, or identify a problem in one of the listed devices. It also makes sense to reconnect the printer, that is, repeat the entire procedure from the beginning, turning off the power for a while before.
If you have a router that works at 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, you need to make sure that the last frequency is active, since all printers with Wi-Fi can work on it.
When using Wi-Fi Direct, gives an error before printing
Most likely, the function is disabled on the printer itself. To check this, note the status of the option when receiving a device report on the print or screen. If it is turned off, you can activate it in the settings.
Also, the problem may be associated with a weak Wi-Fi signal: the device does not connect to the device. Will help reduce the distance between the devices.
Restarting the printer, computer, or mobile device may help.
You can reset network settings to factory defaults in the printer settings menu with screen. After that, you need to repeat the connection procedure.
Connected internet or USB cables may interfere with the wireless connection. It is recommended to disable them if there is an urgent need for them.
As a last resort, you should try reinstalling the drivers.
How to use Wi-Fi Direct on the Tango series?
All connection information is on the help page. To print it, you need:
- Hold down the information key (inverted exclamation mark). The indicators should light up;
- Press the info and cancel buttons at the same time.
The instruction will start printing.
If you follow all the steps, connecting the HP printer via Wi-Fi will not take long. And if you have problems, you can try an alternative in the form of Wi-Fi Direct.
Connecting the Printer via Wi-Fi: Two Ways
Wireless Wi-Fi is a really great technology, thanks to which you can easily connect various devices to your PC remotely. This option can be very useful when there are several computers at work or on a home network and a printer is often used. Today we will figure out how to connect a printer via a Wi-Fi router and what advantages this method gives us.
It should be noted right away that there are two ways. through a special cable and without wires. The second option is possible only if the printer has the required specifications, that is, an adapter.
In the first case, we will consider how to connect a printer to a router via USB (if your router model has such a port). As everyone knows, usually this cable is used to connect to a computer, but this time we will go with you in a non-standard way.
- We turn off the router and printer. they DO NOT recognize each other on the go, so only this solution will help.
- We connect them with a cable. All new models of routers must have a corresponding socket.
- We turn on the distribution point and wait for it to load, after which we turn on your printing device.
- Now we check our printer connection via a Wi-Fi router. We sit down at the computer and open any of the many possible browsers. as a last resort, if you did not install anything yourself, you can use the same Internet Explorer.
- We are looking for a term address and click on it with the left button to start typing.
- Enter the special key-address 192.168.0.1 and click on “ENTER”. It is important to remember that if you were not allowed further and nothing happens, then you need to try to change 0 to 1 in combination. If in this case everything remains the same, then try to find information about changing the address on the router box or on the device itself. usually this is a separate information sticker.
It is worth remembering which option came up, since you will need this combination again a little later.
- The next screen will show us a request to enter login information. Standard solutions are also used here. enter the “admin” values in both windows. Does the system indicate incorrect data? Try to enter again or look for data in the change of values by the manufacturer for the same stickers.
- Using the Asus device as an example, you can see that if you go to the “Network Map”, then the connected printer should be displayed there.
Everything went fine, the connection of the network printer through the router is complete and now you need to do the settings. In them, we will tell you immediately after we finish with the second method.
But now we will already look at how to connect the printer to the network through a router, and not using any wires. This method is suitable for owners of modern printers with an adapter and implies two different options.
We’ll start with the way that WPS is used. This function must be supported by the printing device, and a separate button for it is required at the dispensing point. If everything fits, then proceed.
- We study the instructions for the printer and use it to find the WPS activation menu. For each case, there may be differences in the location of this menu item.
- Clamp the corresponding button on the router and wait for exactly two minutes.
The connection is established and now you can go back to the settings.
The second solution in this case involves manual manipulation of the connection, similar to the actions when entering the network for the first time from a computer.
- On the printer, click the “Settings” button and look inside the item associated with the network.
- Choosing the network name that you need in your particular case.
- Enter the password combination.
Customizable and ready to print
Setting up a printer via a Wi-Fi router is not at all difficult: the main thing is to clearly follow each point.
- We open “Start” and there we find the “Control Panel” we need.
- Scroll down the list and find the item “Printers and Devices”.
- Inside we are interested in the “Add Printer” parameter.
- The search for it will begin on the next page, but we are interested in the button at the bottom of the window. “The printer is not in the list”.
- The next page will present us with many options, among which we need to choose add over TCP / IP.
- In the top line from the list, select the option similar to the previous one, and below twice enter the same address that you should have remembered. He also served as a pass to the router settings.
- After the search, another page with parameters will open to you. put a tick in front of “Special” and already next to it click on the button “Parameters”.
- Next, we need to click on the checkbox opposite “LPR” and just below in the “Queue name” field enter any name.
- You will be returned to the previous page, where you need to click “Next”. We can assume that our all-in-one printer connection via a router is almost complete.
- The next window will offer a choice of printers and their models for installing the driver. You can also use update center or install drivers from disk.
- In the next step, just choose to replace the driver.
- Now you need to come up with a name for the printer or leave it with the old one.
- We refuse to share, put the appropriate checkbox.
Next, you will receive a message that everything went well and the device is ready to print. This is the whole instruction on how to set up a printer via a Wi-Fi router.
Thanks to the sequence we have considered, you can easily do all the same on the second computers on the network and send documents to print, sitting at any of them. We hope that this instruction has finally clarified the question of how to connect a printer through a router, and now It will not be difficult.
How to connect a printer to a laptop via WI-FI
I have extensive experience in setting up and connecting access control systems (ACS) and time attendance systems. And also I am engaged in setting up servers, computers, workplaces.
I work as an engineer at Technootkrytie.
Your Setevichok. Everything on local networks and network equipment
How to connect Wi-Fi on a stationary computer?
The modern person faces the need to connect to Wi-Fi everywhere: wireless networks are much more practical and convenient than their cable “brothers”.
Here are just such Wi-Fi privileges are mainly “used” by all kinds of mobile gadgets: phones, tablets, smartphones and most modern laptops. Accordingly, the question arises: why is a “classic” personal computer worse? After all, working on a stationary computer is much more convenient, and connecting cable Internet often gives a lot of trouble.
And in this article we will analyze how to connect a stationary computer to Wi-Fi, and what needs to be done so that the computer “catches” invisible Wi-Fi.
By the way, the age of the device is not directly related to the creation of a wireless network, and you can connect Wi-Fi even to a relatively old computer.
Is it possible to connect a regular computer to Wi-Fi?
Some difficulties with connecting Wi-Fi on a personal computer are not connected with the “prejudices” of the developers or the unsuccessful fate of this device left completely.
The fact is that mobile devices and modern laptops are initially equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter for connecting to a wireless network (which is not available on a stationary computer). However, such devices are mostly intended for short-term access to the network, and have a rather meager set of functionality.
While a stationary computer is designed for continuous work with both serious offline software and any resources of the global information network. Accordingly, the connection with all peripheral devices and external networks (Internet, power supply, etc.) is carried out here in a more reliable cable way.
Therefore, it is not worth the decision to connect your home computer to Wi-Fi solely for aesthetic reasons. “Standard” cable connection is more reliable, more efficient (Internet speed is not “cut”), And it does much less harm to the health of the Internet user.
However, if a hard connection to an Internet source is not available for some reason, then you can connect Wi-Fi on your home computer in a matter of minutes.
How to connect your home computer to Wi-Fi?
To connect Wi-Fi to a stationary PC, first of all, you need to purchase a special removable Wi-Fi adapter. a miniature antenna that will “catch” the Internet signal transmitted by the router and return the data processed by the user to the router.
The most popular and inexpensive solution here would be to choose a removable USB adapter for a computer.
If you purchased an adapter from an official distributor, then a disc with a special program for installing drivers is supplied with the device.
How to install Wi-Fi on a Windows 7 computer?
Plug your adapter into any USB port on your computer.
Insert the disk into the drive, run the autotuning utility and press the Next button when prompted by the program.
After installing the driver in the “Network Control Center” folder for Windows 7 (or “Network Connections” for Windows XP), you will see a new shortcut (in addition to the usual “Local Area Connection”). The name of the label will contain the brand of the manufacturer of your adapter.
You can now connect your desktop computer to Wi-Fi. To do this, once click on the shortcut with the right mouse button. “Connection”. Select the name of your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
How to set up Wi-Fi if there is no installation disc?
In addition to the “classic” purchase of a brand new licensed adapter, there are times when a user needs Wi-Fi on the computer “here and now”, and he borrowed from friends / purchased an old used Wi-Fi adapter.
The disk with the driver for such an adapter, of course, has long been lost.
In such a situation, you need to download the archive with the driver from the Internet.
“But there is no Internet!”. you say. “What to do?”
Here to connect your desktop computer to Wi-Fi you should:
Enter the official website of the manufacturer of this adapter (or profile resource ddriver.Ru), find the driver you need by the name of the USB-Wi-Fi adapter and download the software to your computer.
Next, right-click once on the shortcut “My Computer” then. “Control” and select “Device Manager” here. In the “Network adapters” section, find the name of our USB adapter, right-click on it and select the “Update driver” menu item. Next, specify the folder where the archive with the required drivers was copied and click “OK”.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to connect your desktop computer to Wi-Fi. To do this, in the “network connections”: