Epson L3150 Service required. Dumping the diaper. Adjustment program L3100, L3101, L3110, L3111, L3150, L3151
If the Epson L3150 printer starts blinking at the same time the “Drop” and “Paper” indicators, and the monitor status displays a message on the computer screen “Maintenance required. Please contact the service center.” Then printing stops indefinitely.
This is an overflow error of the absorber counter (working off, diaper). This is a software error, and in order to continue working, it is enough to clear this error using one of the Special Programs. Most likely, you will have to part with a small amount of money in order to save time on the trip to the service center, where you will most likely leave even more money.
The situation is decisive, the error can be reset very quickly. Consider one optimal reusable option.
Clearing the “Service required. Contact the service center.” Error in the Epson L3150 printer
To reset the error, we will use a special service program for this printer model. Adjustment program Epson L3100, L3101, L3110, L3111, L3150, L3151.
This program allows you to change and customize many printer settings, and also supports a number of other similar Epson models such as L3100, L3101, L3110, L3111, L3151. For inexperienced users, I highly do not recommend doing anything with the program, with the exception of resetting the diaper counter (Waste ink pad counter reset), I will tell you how to do this further.
Launch the program by double clicking on the Adjprogr.Exe file (Fig. 2). Please note that the program works only when the printer is connected via a USB cable, so if your printer works via WI-FI, it will have to be connected to the computer via a USB cable, while the error is cleared:
In the appeared window of the program, press the Select button (Fig. 3):
In the Model Name field, select your printer model, in our case it is Epson L3150. Also, be sure to choose the port to which the printer is connected; opposite the port number, the printer model with which you plan to work must be written. Click OK and return to the previous window. (Fig. 4):
Press the button Particular adjustment mode (fig. 5):
Find the item Waste ink pad counter and double-click on it (fig. 6)
Press the Check button (Fig. 7) to see which counter is how overflowed, and which counter needs to be reset:
In our case, both counters Main pad counter and Platen pad counter are overflowed, to reset them, put a tick next to each counter and press the Initialize button (Fig. 8). Please pay attention to this point: if there are NOT printed jobs left in the print queue, the program may freeze, so do not forget to clear the print queue, in some cases, you should restart your computer:
In the next window, a notification will appear “After clicking on the” OK “button, the counters will be reset”, so press the “OK” button (Fig. 9):
Next, a notification will appear asking you to turn off the printer with the On button. \ Off (Fig. 10), so I turn off the printer and turn it on again:
After turning on your printer, the error “Maintenance required. Contact the service center.” Will NOT appear, the “Drop” and “Paper” indicators will stop blinking, and you can continue to work with the printer, all this provided that you strictly followed the recommendations in this records.
Also, do not forget to service the printer by replacing the absorbent pad:
Ink absorber (pampers, absorber) assy for Epson L1110, L3100, L3110, L3150 (1749772). Video on using the Adjustment program Epson L3100, L3101, L3110, L3111, L3150, L3151, resetting the error “Maintenance required. Contact the service center.
Do not forget to rate the entry and share it with your friends on social networks by clicking the special buttons below.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and subscribe to our Youtube channel
Instructions on how to connect an Epson printer
Modern printing devices are designed according to the “plug and play” concept, so their initial installation Takes a minimum of time, does not require special knowledge, and does not lead you to a dead end. The easiest way to plan your steps is to take the instruction manual that came with the package and follow the recommendations.
What if you do not know how to connect the printer to your laptop? First of all, users’ problems arise when it is necessary to turn on the printing device wirelessly via Wi-Fi. Confusion manifests itself as a result of a misunderstanding of where to configure the device and in which interface it will be included. The instructions included in the kit will help to deal with your model. Otherwise, you can use our description and manufacturer’s recommendation on its website.
Task: start a modern printer
To understand and launch a modern PU, you need to present the process itself quite clearly and know its principles. They are as follows. Before you connect your Epson printer via Wi-Fi and you may need concepts, principles of connecting external devices. This is necessary Not only for external development, but also to quickly understand the problem.
To begin with, a small excursion into history. The invention of the computer is an achievement of the last century, but they suffered from one significant drawback, all parts and functional units were unique for each model. The computers themselves were Supercomputers. The advent of the automatic printing facility was predetermined by the release of the IBM System / 360. This mainframe is the first general purpose machine. Its device was distinguished by the presence of software and hardware interfaces, which provided the connection of different elements using a single integration interface.
Printing devices were connected using the I / O interface or LTP port. Most models now transfer data via Wi-Fi. Accordingly, not only the correct configuration of the wireless network is required, but also the connection of a printing device through it. Usually, the kit includes an installation disk, the same can be done in the “Control Panel” when added manually. For THESE purposes, drivers will be required, this is a low-level software and hardware that provides interaction between a computer and a printing device.
Wireless connection. a new interface with its own characteristics
The latest trends in OS updates are related to the fact that the operating system itself updates drivers via the Internet, recognizing the connected device. But this applies to more models connected by cable, if there is no corresponding software interface. The system detects and connects them practically without user participation. In our article, we will figure out how to connect an Epson printer to a computer, taking into account new capabilities, in particular, via Wi-Fi. Such a model could be, for example, L355. The brand also released an automatic wireless installation system.
Epson connection to Windows 7, 8: wireless and normal
Installation of a printing device in Windows 7, 8 can be done in two ways via a wired connection, usually USB, and using Wi-Fi, if the model supports a wireless connection.
When turned on via USB, it is enough to insert the cable into the ports of the laptop and the printing device and launch the Installation CD, which is included in the kit. This firmware product completely configures parameters without user intervention. If the program encounters conflicting settings, the installation will display a warning message.
If you do not have a disk, you will need drivers for the PU. When turned on, they can be loaded automatically with the conditions that there is a Windows boot disk or an Internet connection. The system will configure the connection itself. Otherwise, you will have to find the driver (on the Internet or service center) and directly indicate the path where it is located.
You can perform these operations without an installation disc. Use one or the other.
- Insert the cable into the USB connector, when connecting to the Internet, the system will automatically configure the connection;
- An icon for connecting a new USB device will appear in the lower right corner of the panel, where explanations of the connection will be given, for example: Initializing a new device, searching for drivers, setting up a connection;
- If you get a message about successful CP connection, try printing a test page;
- If there are difficulties, check the print queue or restart the PU connection service to initialize.
Modern Epson printer
- Go to the Control Panel, the menu is located in a drop-down window when you click the button with the Microsoft logo in the left corner of the screen;
- In the Configure Computer Settings window, go to the Hardware and Sound window, then to View devices and printers. The connected CPs will be listed here, if they are NOT supposed for THESE cases, a virtual printing device is used, which allows you to make, for example, pdf files;
- Click on the right mouse button and go to the “Add Printer” menu;
- The system will offer you to choose from two options: a local control panel and a network one, including those connected via wireless communication (Wi-Fi, bluetooth). Make a choice and follow the prompts of the system;
- When choosing a local connection, you need to select the type of port: usually LTP1 is used in older models or USB in newer ones. Next, the system will prompt you to specify the location of the drivers. If not, click the “Windows Update” button to automatically download from the Internet, can also be found in the catalog for your model. If there are drivers, the device will be easily connected (look at the photo)
- When choosing a network connection, including Wi-Fi. To add, you need to set the network parameters so that your laptop “sees” it on the network. If autodetection is done correctly, then you need to connect the drivers, as in the case with the local device. PU will be successfully added so that you can check by printing any test page (see the sequence in the screenshots).
Connecting a wireless printer (L366, L355) to your home and office network
Now let’s figure out, for example, how to connect an Epson l366 printer to Wi-Fi. Usually, setting up a network connection involves choosing an interface, in our case, wireless Wi-Fi, as well as setting the IP address in the home network (192.168.0.7, where “7” is the PU addresses in the personal network) and the subnet mask (255.255.255.0). This also implies connecting a network router, for example, an ADSL (modem) with the address 192.168.0.7. In this case, do not forget to filter devices by MAC address and remove it from public access.
The master installer takes over these processes. What’s good about Epson is that there is an automatic CP installer in the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) wireless network, the security settings will be configured in coordination with SecureEasySetup (SES).
For correct automatic connection, use the proprietary instruction posted on the Epson website at the link.
Connecting Epson L366, L355 and other models to Windows 10
Now Epson in all operating systems is carried out in a similar way, this is described for the previous versions. The only thing that differs is the conceptually different interface of version 10, as well as the connection wizard does almost everything on its own, removing the need for the user to set parameters.
This has its pros and cons, however, when installing yourself, especially a network printer, you have the opportunity to set unique security settings. Note that Windows 10 is positioned as a highly secure system. You have the opportunity to try it out in practice.
How to set up a Wi-Fi printer
Wireless technologies are incredibly popular today, so manufacturers of electronic equipment must take this nuance into account. So, almost all modern printers are equipped with a Wi-Fi module, and this is very convenient, because you no longer need to use wires to connect the device to a PC or mobile gadgets. Plus, it’s very easy to set up and connect your printer via Wi-Fi, and in this article we’ll talk about how to do it without the hassle.
Method one. connect via WPS
This method will only work for you if both the printer and the router support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) technology. If so, then follow these steps:
- Using the navigation keys in the printer menu, enter the wireless connections section;
Select WPS as the connection method;
Method two. use the SSID password
A fairly simple way to connect to Wi-Fi, but it works only in one case. if the printing device is equipped with an LCD screen. So you need:
- Enter the device settings;
Select the item “Wi-Fi settings”;
Go to the menu “Wi-Fi connection setup”;
Go to the sub-item “Wireless network setup wizard”;
Method three. connect without using a password
If you have a printer without an LCD display, you can do without entering the SSID code. For this:
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the control panel. the indicator will blink. This means the printing device is trying to connect to a wireless network;
Then you need to find and press the WPS button on the router, thus you agree to connect the device;
Method four. use a computer
In the settings of a personal computer or laptop, open the “Network Neighborhood” folder, then sequentially go to the “Properties” and “Network Connection” items. In the window that opens, go to the sub-item “Local network”, and then. “Network adapter properties”. After that, we find the “General” tab and select the TCP / IP protocol, then in the “Properties” window you need to specify “Use IP addresses”. Here you must enter the IP address of the equipment (you can find it in the instructions supplied with the printing device).
As you can see, connecting a printer via Wi-Fi is not that difficult. Just follow our instructions and you will certainly succeed.
How to connect a printer via Wi-Fi
Many modern printers and all-in-one printers, for example, the popular Epson and Canon models, support Wi-Fi connection. i.E. The printer connects to your wireless network (Wi-Fi router) and becomes available for use on all devices that are connected to the same router, which is very convenient.
Connecting office equipment via a wireless network is usually NOT complicated, and manufacturers offer their own programs and applications for mobile phones (and sometimes you can do without them) that make it easy to connect a printer via Wi-Fi. Below are examples for common brands.
How to connect an all-in-one printer or Epson printer via Wi-Fi
Connecting Wi-Fi-enabled Epson printers of common models (L3050, L805, L366, L486, L4160, L6160 and others) is very simple.
Connect your computer or laptop to the same wireless network that the printer will be connected to, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Epson.Sn website, enter your printer model in the search box and press Enter.
- Click on the item “Settings” and then. “Download”, the proprietary program Epson Install Navi will be downloaded, which allows you to easily make subsequent settings. Run it.
- At the first stage, the program will download and install the necessary drivers, and then will offer to set up a connection to the printer. Select “Wi-Fi Connection”.
- Further, all instructions will appear on the screen. you will need to press the Wi-Fi button on the printer, wait for the indication, after which your computer will “find” the printer and send it the Wi-Fi connection parameters to connect to the router.
- If at the 4th step you have problems and the connection failed, try again to select the Wi-Fi connection, but with the introduction of the WPS button on the router (instructions will appear in the program). See What is the WPS button on a Wi-Fi router.
- If this method does not work either, you can connect to the printer via USB and after that configure the wireless connection settings using the same program.
- At the final stage, if you wish, you can set a static IP for the printer by choosing manual configuration of the IP address instead of DHCP (in some cases it may be useful). Specify an address located on the subnet of your router (for example, if the router’s address is 192.168.1.1, you can specify something like 192.168.1.100).
This completes the connection (you will be prompted to download additional Epson programs, optional) and you can work with the printer via Wi-Fi.
The rest of the computers on the same network, as well as mobile phones with the Epson iPrint application installed, usually automatically find the printer, but for computers I recommend repeating the installation of the drivers (to be able to configure printing, as well as scanning over the network if you have an all-in- one printer).
There is also an easier (partly) way to connect Epson printers to Wi-Fi. press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the indicator next to it starts blinking with the left and right sides, and then press and hold the WPS button on the router (then release ). The printer should connect automatically, and the Wi-Fi indicator will stop blinking and just stay on. After that, you will need to add a network printer on your computer. But I recommend the option Described earlier.
How to connect a Canon printer via Wi-Fi
For printers and Canon all-in-one printer, in general, there are the same Wi-Fi connection methods (I recommend using the second one):
I hope the instructions helped you connect your printer via Wi-Fi. If something does not work out, leave comments. perhaps a solution will be found.