- If you plan to connect to the printer via a local network using a MacBook, then the device can be accessed via a wireless network or Ethernet. In any case, first make sure your laptop is in the same workgroup with other PCs. To do this, right-click on the computer icon, which is usually located on the desktop and go to its properties. In the list of all possible parameters, find the name of the workgroup and remember it.
- In the next step, you need to find a section called “Network” in the system settings of your MacBook and go there.
- Find and click on “Advanced”, then go to the “Wins” section. Pay attention to the “Working group” field. if the value given there does NOT coincide with the name in paragraph 2, then change it and save the change made.
- Install “fresh” drivers for the device and click on “Printers and scanners” in the system settings of the computer.
- Click on the plus sign and open the “Windows” tab, on the left side of which the name of the working group will be displayed. select it.
- Next, specify your MacBook and, by clicking on the name of the device, click on “Select driver”.
It should be added that by connecting to the printer via a local network, you can share (allow) access to any resource on your laptop for second users.
Installing a Printer Using a USB Cable
The easiest way to connect your printer to your MacBook and install all the software it needs is to use a USB cable.
- First, you will need to download the latest driver for your printer and install it on your MacBook. You can find suitable software on the official website of the device manufacturer in the support section. There you need to select the series and model of the device, or use a special search. Next, select the OS version installed on your laptop and download the recommended drivers.
- Downloaded the required software, start installing it. After completing this process, Connect the device with a cable to the USB port of the MacBook.
- After the printer is connected to your Mac, click on the “System Preferences” button and find the section with printers and scanners. There you need to name the button in the form of a plus sign, which is usually located on the left side of the window.
- In the list that appears, you need to find your device, after which it will be named “Add”. usually such a “manual” approach is NOT required in this matter, because. After installing the appropriate drivers and connecting the printer to the MacBook, the printing device is automatically detected by the operating system.
- After completing this step, be sure to try using the device connected to the laptop and print a few test documents.
How to connect printers to MacBooks
Many MacBook users are faced with the need to resolve the issue related to how to connect a printer to a MacBook. In general, any laptop from Apple has software that allows you to connect a printing device of any model to a mac. Solving this problem as a whole is quite SIMple, but please note that there are often some differences in the instructions in the methods of setting up different models of such devices.
Briefly about what to do if your MacBook cannot see the printer
If you are faced with the fact that the laptop does not display new equipment, then one of the reasons for such a problem may be related to the breakdown of the device. To make sure of this, try connecting office equipment to a second PC to check its performance.
Another reason may be a defective USB port. in this case, just try plugging the cable into a second port. Also, be sure to check if the installed drivers match your printing device model. It is possible that you made a mistake when looking for the optimal version. A cable malfunction is also a possible source of malfunction, so check it for external signs of damage or SIMply try another cord that is working.
How to connect Samsung Xpress M2020W printer via Wi-Fi
Hello everybody! In the article for today we will have only one topic, namely, setting up Wi-Fi in the Samsung m2020w printer. I must say right away that there are two ways to connect the device to a wireless network. The first is the “infrastructure mode”, when the device is connected first of all to the router, and through it it will be possible to have access from a computer, laptop, phone or other device.
The second is “Ad-hoc mode”, when communication between the computer and the printer is carried out directly over Wi-Fi. Below I will give all the possible methods of connection. If you have any questions as a result of reading the article. write them in the comments.
- No PIN
- With PIN
- Setting using the program
WPS is such a handy button that allows you to quickly connect two devices. If your router supports this connection and it has such a button, then go ahead. Also, this connection has some peculiarity. You can connect SIMply with a SIMple press, but you can connect with a special PIN code. The PIN code is indicated on a label under the router casing and consists of 8 digits. Let’s analyze two ways
Press the “WPS” button on the device panel. Hold it down for about a few seconds until the indicator does NOT flash. Next, approach the router and immediately click on the same button there. After that, the indicator should blink and connect to the router.
First, we need to find out the PIN, for this they hold down the WPS button for 10 or more seconds. A letter with a report will be issued with the required value. Next, hold down the BBC button for 3 seconds until the indicator flashes. Now from the laptop we connect to the new printer grid and enter the Corresponding PIN.
Setting using the program
- To set up a wireless network, you must first connect your Samsung Xpress m2020 printer to your computer or laptop using a USB cable. The cable can be found in the box;
- Now we take the disk, which should come with the device and insert it into the CD-ROM. You can also download this Samsung Easy Wireless Setup program from the official website.
- First you will be greeted by the program, just click “Next”. Now you need to select the type of connection, we will connect the device via Wi-Fi, so we select the bottom item, as in the picture above;
- Make sure the device is not connected via a local cable. Now in the next step, you need to select “Yes, I am setting the wireless printer”;
- In the “Select a wireless connection method” window, select “Use a USB cable”. I honestly don’t even understand why this paragraph was inserted, but oh well. let’s move on;
- Next, you should see a list of the required Wi-Fi networks. Just select the one you want and enter the password. If you have an invisible network, then click “Advanced” and then enter all the necessary data: name, mode of operation, authentication, encryption, key, etc.;
- If your model supports the Wi-Fi Direct connection function, then further you will see this window. To put it SIMply, this function allows you to connect without using a router, that is, directly. When setting up nothing complicated comments, you just check the box, enter the name and password, and then connect to this network from the laptop. If you are connecting via a router, then uncheck the box and go “Next”;
After connecting to a wireless network, the installer will additionally offer to install additional applications. Wait until the program also installs the driver for your operating system, otherwise the printer will work with your computer or laptop, and will not.
After successfully connecting the printer to the laptop, it remains to complete the print setup. This procedure is carried out through the control panel of the computer. The user is required to:
- Enter the “Control Panel” and select the category “Devices and Printers”.
- Find the name of your office equipment in the list, name it with the right button and click “Print Settings”.
- In the window that opens, set the appropriate parameters: paper size, page orientation, number of copies, image quality, paper source, etc. Click the “Apply” button for the changes to take effect. The specified settings will be used when printing documents from a laptop.
Manual installation of the printer on a laptop is carried out in three steps. It is necessary to connect office equipment to a power supply and to a PC. Then install the current version of the drivers from the disk or from the Internet on your computer. The final stage is setting up printing options for future documents. On Windows 10, wired and wireless printers are connected using the same aLGorithm. Slight differences are present in earlier versions of the operating system.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
Many owners of portable equipment are often interested in how to connect a printer to a laptop via WiHi or USB cable. Some inexperienced users don’t even really know if this can be done at all. If you are using one of the current versions of Windows 7, 8 or 10, then you can connect using the instructions in this article.
To begin with, let’s connect the printer with a laptop in one bundle physically, wirelessly or over a network. Let’s take a closer look at such technology as WPS (Wi-Hi Protected Setup), consider manual configuration, installing drivers with and without an installation disc. We will give recommendations on how to set up printing from a laptop to any model of a printer or MFP from HP, Canon, Epson, Samsung and others.
If the automatic connection setup, described in the subsection Above, is not possible on your models of equipment, then Wi-Fi connection can be made manually. All that is required for configuration is to know the name of the network and the access code to it. This information can be found on the cover of the modem or in documents from your Internet service provider.
Manual setting procedure:
- On the printer screen, go to the menu.
- We enter the network settings.
- Selecting the WiHi section.
- Specify the network name and SS password Network connection
Regardless of whether the printer was connected to the network via Wi-Hi, as described above, through another PC or directly with a patch cord to an Ethernet socket, now you need to connect to it and install special software (drivers) for correct operation. There are several ways to establish a connection.
Find a printing device over the network. To do this, open “My Computer”, at the bottom left we find the shortcut “Network”. If the printer is connected directly to the network (via Wi-Fi or patch cord), then click on the shortcut, and if via another networked PC, then the triangle Expanding the list. We connect through the right key and the context menu, agree to install the drivers.
How to connect a printer to a laptop?
Let’s consider all the actions in more detail.
How to connect a canon printer to a laptop
Connecting your Canon printer to a computer or to a beech wood a few years ago was considered not very easy. In the previous one, we had to create a special port and connect to it, make sure that we have all the necessary drivers, and we configured everything correctly, and then sit and wait for our operating system to allow us to print.
Now, fortunately, this whole procedure has become much easier and clearer. If we are going to connect our printer directly to the computer, or we want to create a new network connection to the printer, then with the development of modern technology, everything can be done much faster and easier. First of all, you need the printer to fit near the computer. It is very important that the printer is located so that the cable can easily reach the port. Before starting the procedure for connecting the printer to the computer, you need to install the necessary software, which were included with the printer. This will make it much easier to connect.
How to connect a Canon printer to your laptop If you don’t have the software, don’t worry. Windows is capable of automatically detecting the printer connected to the computer Before connecting the printer to the computer, install the software supplied with the printer (to facilitate the connection process). If the software isn’t available, don’t worry. Windows can automatically detect the printer connected to the computer Follow the Windows instructions to set up the printer. Windows will automatically detect the new printer and install the required software. Check if the printer is installed correctly. Open Control Panel. Select Devices and Printers. Find the connected printer in the list.
How to connect a Canon printer to a laptop If you cannot install a printer, download the latest drivers for your printer model from the manufacturer’s website. this will solve the problem with installing the printer.
Place the printer near the computer. Make sure the printer is so far from the computer that the cable can easily reach the port. Before connecting the printer to the computer, install the software supplied with the printer (to facilitate the connection process). If the software isn’t available, don’t worry. Mac OS is able to automatically detect the printer connected to the computer. Connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. Connect directly to a USB port, not to a USB hub (hub). Make sure the printer is plugged into an electrical outlet and turned on.
Follow the instructions of the Mac OS System Printer Devices. Mac OS will automatically detect the new printer and install the required software. Check if the printer is installed correctly. Open the Apple menu. Select Printers Scanners. Find the connected printer in the list.
If you do not know how to connect a laptop to a Canon printer, download the latest drivers for your printer model from the manufacturer’s website. this will solve the problem with installing the printer. To install a printer that can be accessed by any computer on the network, go to the first subsection. To provide network access to the printer, connecting to a Windows computer, go to the second subsection. To provide network access to the printer, connecting to a Mac OS computer, go to the third subsection. Check the Possible Network Connections in your printer. Many newer wireless printers have Ethernet ports. If your printer is not one of them, you need to either connect it to your computer and share it on the network, or connect it to the print server (a small device through which you connect to the network and to which you need to connect the USB printer cable).
Place the computer where it can sense the wireless signal. The printer must be able to sense and send signals to the wireless router. If you are connecting your printer via Ethernet, you need to connect it to your router. This means that you need to position the printer so that it can be easily connected to the router. Turn on the printer. Follow the instructions on the screen to connect the printer to the network.
For more information on network settings, read the instructions that came with your printer. If you do not have instructions, find them on the printer manufacturer’s website. Some printers must be connected directly to the computer to be able to connect to a wireless network; other printers let you set up a wireless network connection directly on the printer itself. If your printer supports a wireless network, find the network through the interface menu. Then enter the password to gain access to the wireless network.
The printer is a popular peripheral device that has found wide application in offices, enterprises, government agencies and at home due to the ability to instantly print any documents. It is quite easy to use and does not require any special skills from the owner. However, sometimes the owners of office equipment have problems with setting it up.
WPS stands for Wi-Hi Protected Setup, which means “Wi-Fi Protected Installation”. To take advantage of this technology, it must be supported by the router and the printer itself. The presence of Wi-Hi on a laptop is not in doubt, since models without it do not exist in nature.
We make a connection according to the following scheme:
- We are looking for the WPS button on the router case. As a rule, it is placed on the back side in most cases.
- Within two minutes we activate a SIMilar button on the printing device.
- We are waiting for the end of creating a connection between devices.
- If the laptop is on the same Wi-Hi network, then there should be no problems with printing.
- We connect to the printer like a network.
If the WPS buttons are NOT found on the modem’s case, or if you cannot turn it on, then we will try to do it through the web interface for managing the router. In most cases, to enter its settings, you need to enter an address in the IP format 192.168.0.1 in any browser or try 192.168.1.1. Enter the login “admin” and the same password if it has not changed. In the settings, find the “Wireless” section, and in its subsections Disable MAC filtering and enable the WPS function.
A laptop, like any other personal computer, can be connected to the printer with a regular USB cable. This type of connection is supported by all models of printing techniques without exception. And the entrance itself is definitely present on the portable “device”. The main thing is to match the versions of the interfaces used. If USB 1.0 is no longer to be found, then 2.0 and 3.0 are at the peak of popularity.
When the connection is established, then you need to wait a little until you hear a beep. After a while, the software will be automatically installed by the Windows operating system itself and you can proceed to the section on printing settings. If this does not happen, then the drivers will have to be installed manually. There is nothing difficult and easy to do even without an installation disc.
After connecting the laptop to the printer and installing the drivers, you should make some settings for the device itself. You can select it as the main default and open network access to it. To do this, go to the control panel, and then to the “Devices and Printers” section. Find your model there and perform the actions as shown in the pictures below.
You need to enter the properties only to “share” the printing device for second network clients.
To print from any program that supports this function, just press the “CTRLP” key combination. And also you can pre-make some personal settings in the interface, if it allows you to do this. For example, in a program from an office suite. “Word”.
Here we can configure:
- Select the correct printer for the task.
- Specify which pages to print and which comments.
- Select the desired part of the document for output to paper.
- Mark even or odd pages in a document.
- Working with a copy.
- Selecting the Number of Document Pages to Output per Letter Paper.
- Setting additional properties: duplex, quality, layout.
How to install a printer without an installation disc?
It is not uncommon for printer owners to lose driver discs. In addition, not all modern laptops are equipped with CD drives, so installation will not be possible even with media. In this case, you need to resort to alternative methods of installing drivers.
Using Windows Update:
- Enter “Control Panel” and open “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Printers” section and find your model in the drop-down list. Name the device with the right mouse button and click “Update drivers”. Select the option “Automatic search” and follow the further instructions.
Manually via the website of the printing device manufacturer:
- If Windows Update cannot find the driver you are looking for, you should download it yourself.
- The actual files are most often placed on the support page of the official website of the printer manufacturer. In the same place, the user is provided with detailed instructions for installation and configuration.
- Links for downloading drivers for printers from popular manufacturers:
- HP. support.HP.com;
- Canon. canon.ru/support;
- Epson. epson.ru/suppor;
- Samsung. samsung.com/ru/support.