connect by entering the SSID and password
This method is suitable for all printers that have a display.
- We go into the menu and select the settings (Setup). Click on the “Wi Fi Settings” section.
- Next, click on “Wi-Fi setup”, “Wi-Fi setup wizard”.
- You should see a list of Wi-Fi networks. Enter your SSID and password.
After completing all the steps correctly, you will see that the Wi Fi icon will light up green.
How to print on iOS
Third-party programs can help you print files at Apple, such as:
These applications are paid, but they are not very expensive, so you can spend it once. Or you can use the AirPrint function, but, unfortunately, few devices support this function.
How can I connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi
In this article, we will show you how to connect your printer over Wi-Fi. After all, this device, if earlier, was only at work, today it stands in almost every home. A printer is a good thing, but it also has disadvantages: It takes up a lot of space, and you also have to stretch an additional wire to connect to a computer. Therefore, we decided to show how to connect a printer via a wireless Wi-Fi network. To get rid of unnecessary wires and be able to put the printer anywhere in the house.
Configuring WPS connection
- On a Wi-Fi printer, use the navigation keys to enter the “Wi-Fi Settings” or “Wireless Connections” item. Then in this section, select the connection method “WPS”.
- Next, go to the router. Click and hold the “WPS” button until you see the indicator blinking.
- Back to the wireless printer. We press “Ok” and hold. You can release it after a message appears stating that the device is connected.
Setting up printing on all computers
Let’s now proceed to configure the computers that will wirelessly print files. For example, we will show on Windows 10.
- Enter “Start”, “Settings”, “Devices”.
- On the left side, click on the section “Printers and scanners”, “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Next, click on the line “The required printer is not in the list”.
- After clicking, a new window will appear, put a period in front of the line “Add a printer by its TCP / IP.”. Now you need to enter the data, in the item “Device type” we set “TCP / IP device”, “Name or IP addresses” we register the IP of the router (how to find it we wrote above in the article), “Port name” will be registered automatically by itself. The checkbox “Poll the printer and select.” must be unchecked.
- Do not be alarmed, you will see a message about this printer sees. DO NOT pay attention to it, put a point “Special” and click on “Options”.
- Put the point “LPR”, and in the “Queue name” field write whatever name you want. Click “Ok”, “Next”.
- Next, you need to install the drivers for your printing device. Insert the disc into the drive and click “Have Disk.”.
- In the “Using Shared Printers” window, put the dot “Sun Shared.”. That’s all, try to print something. This setting must be done on all computers from which printing will be done.
How to connect a printer via Wi-Fi, which has a Wi-Fi module
Alas, old and budget models often do not have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, you will have to use the second option to connect the printer via Wi-Fi. Now we will show it.
Let’s find out how you can connect your printer to your computer using the USB port in your router. For this method, you need to have a printer, USB cable, router with USB port. And also you should know the name of the printer and the IP addresses of your router.
It is not difficult to find out the IP of the router, it is enough to start the command period by entering the command “cmd” into the “Search”. In the command line that appears, type in the “ipconfig” command. Interested in the line “Main gateway”, opposite it will be written the IP addresses of the router.
You now know how to find out the IP address of the router, but how to change the IP address of the computer external and internal, read our previous article.
Step by step connection:
- Connect the USB cable to the jacks of the devices. Turn on the router first, and after 2-3 minutes, start the printer. You cannot turn it on at the same time, you must do everything as described above.
- Connect the PC to the router using a patch cord or via Wi-Fi.
- Enter the main menu of the router settings in the “Network Map” section. Look there, whether the printing device has appeared or not. If it appears, then proceed with further settings on the computers that will use this printer for printing.
We look at the presence of WPS on the router in two ways:
- Turned the router over, you will see a sticker with the WPS icon on it, and the PIN code is written opposite. In the future, we will need it to connect devices.
- The absence of an icon on the stickers does not mean that the router does not support this technology. Enter the router settings, find the WPS section, it is often located under the Wi-Fi (Wireless network) item. If found, then everything is in order, it supports this function.
After making sure that both devices are working in this mode, we proceed to connect.
we connect without entering a password
Printer with Wi-Fi module but no display? It doesn’t matter, it is possible to connect without entering the key and your SSID. Now we will show you how to do it.
- We press once on the Wi-Fi button. It will start blinking, which means that the device is trying to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now we take the router and press the WPS button. By clicking this you give permission to connect the device that will try to connect. In our case, this is a printer.
- When synchronization is successful, the button on the printer will turn green.
We check the presence of WPS on the printer
You can see the support of this technology on the printer in the instructions that are attached. Or open the official website on the Internet, find your model and look at the characteristics. You can also inspect the printer body for the presence of a button with the WPS icon.
Method three. connect without using a password
If you have a printer without an LCD display, you can do without entering the SSID. For this:
Press the Wi-Fi button on the control panel. the indicator will blink. This means the printing device is trying to connect to a wireless network;
Next, you need to find and press the WPS button on the router, by which you agree to connect the device;
Method one. connect via WPS
This method will only work for you if both the printer and the router support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) technology. If so, then follow these steps:
Using the navigation keys in the printer menu, enter the wireless connections section;
Select WPS as the connection method;
How to set up a Wi-Fi printer
Wireless technologies are incredibly popular today, so manufacturers of electronic equipment must take this nuance into account. So, almost all modern printers are equipped with a Wi-Fi module, and this is very convenient, because you no longer need to use wires to connect the device to a PC or mobile gadgets. Plus, it’s very easy to set up and connect your printer via Wi-Fi, and in this article we’ll talk about how to do it without the hassle.
Method two. use the SSID password
A fairly SIMple way to connect to Wi-Fi, but it works only in one case. if the printing device is equipped with an LCD screen. So, you need:
Enter device settings;
Select “Wi-Fi Settings”;
Go to the menu “Wi-Fi connection setup”;
Go to the sub-item “Wireless Network Setup Wizard”;
Method four. use a computer
In the settings of a personal computer or laptop, open the “Network Neighborhood” folder, then sequentially go to the “Properties” and “Network Connection” items. In the window that opens, go to the sub-item “Local network”, and then. “Network adapter properties”. After that, we find the “General” tab and select the TCP / IP protocol, then in the “Properties” window you need to specify “Use IP addresses”. Here you need to enter the IP address of the equipment (it can be found in the instructions supplied with the printing device).
As you can see, connecting a printer via Wi-Fi is not that difficult. Just follow our instructions and you will certainly succeed.
How to Set Up Your Printer on a Wireless Mac
The network name and password can be found on the router or in the documentation, if this is not possible, then you should contact your Internet service provider for help. Alternatively, you can proceed as follows:
- In the Finder menu, click on “Go” and select “Utilities”,
- Open “Keychain”,
- In “Keys” select “Local objects”,
- In the “Category” click on “Passwords”,
- Next, you need to double-click on the network name, then click on “Show password”.
If the network name and password are known, then you must proceed as follows:
- Find out the network name and password,
- Connect USB cable to printer and computer,
- Make sure that the printer’s firmware is up to date and updates can be downloaded from the website using the link ,
- Open Apple menu,
- Go to “System Settings”,
- Select “Printers Scanners”, “Print Fax” or “Print Scan”,
- Click on the device name,
- Go to “Options and consumables”,
- Select “Utility”,
- Click on “Open Printer Utility”,
- Go to HTML configuration,
- Open “Network”,
- Click on wireless,
- Select “802.11b / g / n Wireless”,
- Select “Enabled”,
- Enter the network name in “Current network name” and password,
- Click on “Apply”,
- Disconnect USB cable,
- In “Printers and Scanners”, “Print and Fax” and “Print and Scan”, you need to click on the minus sign and remove the printer that was connected with a USB cable,
- Next, you need to click on the plus sign and add a printer by selecting the device name with the Bonjour type and clicked “Use” or “Print using”.
If all of the above turned out to be useless, and the press still does NOT connect in any way, then you should proceed to reset the settings. It will lead to the return of the factory settings, i.e. those settings that were by default from the very beginning of use. To do this, you must:
- Turn off the printer,
- Then you need to hold down 2 buttons: “Cancel” and the power button,
- After about 15 seconds, the LEDs should blink, then you need to release;
Note! You can check the operation of this procedure on the configuration sheet.
How to configure your printer on a Windows wireless network
This section requires a network name and password. If this information is lost, you can find it on the router or in its documentation. If the search attempts were unsuccessful, then you should ask for help from the Internet service provider, who himself, when subscribing to the Internet service, had to provide the password. There is another way:
- You need to go to the “Network and Sharing Center”,
- Go to “Change adapter parameters”,
- Right-click on the network name and go to the menu, then click on “Status”,
- Go to “Wireless Network Properties”,
- Open “Security”,
- Check the box “Display input characters”.
If everything is in order, then you need to do the following:
- Find out the network name and password,
- USB cable must be connected,
- Go to “Download software and drivers” by the link and enter the device name in the field,
- Download the software and follow the instructions for a successful printer installation and configuration,
- Restart your computer to complete the download.
How to connect and configure Wi-Fi on the HP LaserJet P1102w printer
If the printer model is from HP, 1102w, the Wi-Fi setting is correct, the device can work in wireless mode. Nowadays, connecting a printing device via a Wi-Fi network is a popular function and a frequent problem for some users. On an HP LaserJet P1102w Wi-Fi printer, Wi-Fi printing can be configured in several very SIMple ways, which will be discussed in this article.
How to set up a wireless connection
You need to go to “Wireless detection method” and select automatic or manual search. The printing device will find them, and the name of the network will be displayed in the next window. If it fits, then you need to move on. Then you should check the “print a test page” checkbox and disconnect the USB cable.
WPS and what it does
WPS is a standard that makes it easy to set up a Wi-Fi network.
If your router or printer supports WPS, then you can start the connection itself.
You just need to press the button with the wi-fi icon and hold the WPS button on the router for 1-2 minutes. The printing device then connects to the network. You can then install the HP ePrint app on your phone via Google play or the App Store and use it to print. On Windows Phone, this program is called “HP Smart”.
And also there is Air Print, designed by Apple, Cloud Print, and others.
Note! The phone must be connected to the network, and only then can you work with the application.
Installing HP software
To have a Wi-Fi connection on the HP model p1102w, you need to install the necessary software on your computer or laptop.
Important! The software selected must be suitable for the operating system.
The necessary software can be installed from a disc, just inserted it into the optical drive of the PC, but if this is possible, then you can download the program from the HP website by following these steps:
- Login to HP at the link: https://www8.HP.com,
- In the “Support” section go to “Programs and drivers”,
- Select PC type,
- Allow HP to identify your product or enter a serial number,
- Install software for this device.
After installation, you need to run the file and follow the instructions.
First, you need to determine the type of installation. There are only two of them:
- Easy installation,
- Advanced installation;
Note! During installation, the user must connect the computer and the printer to the same network for the PC to detect the device for printing. If there is a problem with this or these devices could not be connected to the network, then you can start a search by IP address.
Next, you need to define the model. For Wi-Fi HP LaserJet p1102w, select “P1100w Series”.
Then you will need to specify the type of connection. There will be a list of some options, one of which is a Wi-Fi connection of the printer, which you need to add, and setting up printing using a wireless network or USB. You need to select a wireless network for configuration, after which the program will start downloading the necessary drivers.
Connecting HP P1102w
Wi-Fi HP LaserJet p1102w is a laser printer that performs all operations on a computer. For the very first setup, you need to use a USB cable, and then after that this peripheral device will work over the network. Wi-Fi HP LaserJet p1102w has such a feature. How to connect this device via Wi-Fi? First you need to prepare it for work.
You need to do the following:
- The shipping straps and inserts must be removed.
- Get out the cardboard insert, which is located under the top cover.
- Pull out the drum, having pulled out the foam seal before this, and remove the adhesive tapes from it, and then insert it, while the contacts should press tightly against each other.
- Then you can connect the electrical cable and USB wire.
Important! If you use a USB cable that is longer than 2 m, then there may be no data transfer at all.
Printing a configuration report and why you need it
Configuration page Shows the IP address and network status. To print a page, do the following:
- The ready indicator should be blinking, for this you need to hold down the cancel button, which is a cross.
- When the indicator starts flashing, you must release the cancel button.
There is another way to print this page. If the operating system is Windows you need:
- Go to “Devices and Printers”,
- Go to “Print settings” by right-clicking on the printer,
- Open Services,
- Go to the configuration page,
- Select “Print Information Pages”,
- Click on “Print”.
If the operating system is OS X, then you need to proceed as follows:
- Go to “Print” and select “Printers and Scanners” or “Print or Scan”,
- You need to select “Printers” and enter the device name there,
- Go to “Options and consumables”,
- In the “Utility” tab, click on “Open Printer Utility”, and then click “OK”,
- In the block “Print information sheets” you need to select the configuration page and click “OK”.
The final method for printing a configuration page is with the Embedded Web Server. You need to do the following:
- Go to the browser and enter the device’s IP address in the address bar,
- In the “Information” tab, click on “Print information sheets”,
- Click on the “Print” button located next to the line “Print configuration page”.
Note! If there is a Wi-Fi connection on Wi-Fi HP LaserJet p1102w, then you should proceed to the next step of the plan.
Method 1. using WPS
To use this method, both THESE devices must support Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) technology. For most modern device models, this requirement is met. But just in case it should be checked.
The fact that this model of PU supports this technology, you can make sure by reading the instructions for it, or by referring to the website of its manufacturer. Now take a look at the bottom of the router. Here is a shortcut on which the WPS icon and PIN code should be applied, which will be needed when connecting the control panel:
But there may not be such a shortcut, in this case, in WPS support. Make sure, go to the web-interface of the router. over, even if there is such a shortcut, it still needs to be done in order to configure WPS. Depending on the model of the router, entering its interface is usually done by typing the address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser. Where the place with the WPS settings in the menu that appears after this is located also depends on the model of the router. For example, let’s give an excerpt from the menu of one of the D-Link router models:
- Configuring WPS consists in setting the switch to Enabled.
- In addition, you need to specify the PIN of the router in the Device PIN parameters.
- You also need to make sure that the wireless network should be set to WPA or WPA2 security, but not WEP. It will not work.
- Also, in the router settings, you need to disable MAC filtering. Some printer models have a dedicated button to enable WPS.
- If there is one, press and hold it until the device detects a wireless network.
- If one of the devices is equipped with a connection indicator, then after connecting it should light up.
Method 2. using the connection wizard
Setting up a connection in this way is based on using the connection wizard. If the CP supports connection via a wireless network and WEP or WPA protocols, then, as a rule, you can connect it using the setup wizard. To do this, the user must know:
- Your network name (SSID).
- Password for your network (WEP encryption key or WPA password).
You can connect the printer via Wi-Fi using the wizard as follows:
- Press the “Settings” button in the CP control panel and select the “Network” item in the menu that appears. The connection wizard will search for all available wireless networks and give them a list.
- In this list, select your Wi-Fi network. If it is in the list, then you need to enter its name manually.
- Next, the wizard will ask you to enter the network password.
This completes the work of the wizard, the configuration is complete, as indicated by the Corresponding indicator on the router or CP, if any. It should be noted that entering the network name and password is case sensitive.
How to connect a printer to a computer via Wi-Fi network
Let the local (home) network consist of several computers connected via a wireless Wi-Fi network. And the question arose about how to add a printer (PU. printing device) to this configuration, so that you could print on it from any of them. Of course, you can connect it with a cable to a computer (laptop) and print documents from other PCs on it. But in this case, this computer must be constantly turned on, and even tied to a specific place, it is not always convenient. Modern wireless technologies make it possible to circumvent these disadvantages, for example, by connecting the control panel through a router with Wi-Fi. There are several ways to do this, which depend on the network configuration and the hardware and functionality that both the router and the printer have.
via a USB router
This method is designed for the case when the PU Plasma is wireless, but the router has a USB port for connecting it. Of course, in order to connect it, these two ports need to be connected with a USB cable. To implement this method, you need to know the exact name of the printer and the local address of the router, which for Windows will act as a network control panel. The latter usually causes difficulty for many users in how to recognize it.
- This is done as follows.
- You need to call the command line mode and enter ipconfig as a command.
- In response to this, a lot of information is returned, but only one line is of interest. the main address of the gateway, since it is a router:
In this case, setting up a connection begins with adding a new printer to the local network configuration. This can be done using “Start”. “Devices and Printers” or through the Control Panel. In total, you need to achieve the appearance of a window with two options. add a local or network printer. Next, we perform the following actions:
- We select the first option, and after clicking the Next button, the system asks to set the port. We select the option “Create a new port” and from the appeared list select “Standard TCP / IP Port”.
- Then a window appears with the parameters of the CP connection. In it, you need to set the local address of the device (and this is the address of the router, which we have already received) and the port name. As the latter, you can use again the addresses of the router (by default) or set your own name. Poll checkbox does not need to be changed.
- Next, Windows proceeds to search for the specified port and install drivers. It is possible that the port will not be found, then the system will ask you to specify additional information in the CP. In particular, you will need to set the “Device Type”. “Special”, and the protocol. “1.Raw”.
- Then the installation of the PU driver starts. It works in the same way as installing the drivers for the second devices. indicating the manufacturer and model of the device. If the driver has already been installed earlier, then a request will follow, you need to use the already installed one, or replace it with a new one. You will also have to answer the question about the name of the PU.
- Upon completion of the driver installation, the system will ask if you want to share this printer. Since it is connected to a router, which all objects of the local network have access to, setting it up as a general sense does not make sense.
- On the last page of adding a device, you will be asked whether to use it as default or not, and also prompted to print a test page.
connection to laptop
This way to connect the PU is to connect it to a laptop configured as an access point. In fact, this is method 3, in which a laptop acts as a router, so it is not considered here. In addition, this is not a very convenient option, as it forces you to keep the laptop always on.
Advantage of working with a printer via Wi-Fi
Is it very convenient to work with the printer? Using the capabilities of the wireless Internet for this. This is especially important if the work is connected with frequent business trips. At home, it is also often necessary to connect a printer via Wi-Fi. The most important advantage. This is the absence of a large number of cables, which are used to connect devices to each other.
When organizing their own network, many users are faced with the fact that for comfortable work it is necessary to configure shared access to the network printer being used. The printer can be connected to any personal PC located on your network.
Connecting a network printer in Windows 7
How to connect the printer via Wi-Fi if you are using “Windows” version 7? Installation can be greatly SIMplified. To do this, only for the seventh version, you can use a special utility. She will be able to automate the entire installation process.
At the beginning of the installation, you need to make sure that the network printer model supports the router.
After connecting, as in the description above, we write the following in the address bar of our browser: 192.168.1.1. Add a printer. Now you need to choose a port for it. Go to the “Create port” section and select “Standart TCP / IP Ports”. The next step, the installation wizard will tell you that you need to register IP addresses. This address for the router and printer must be the same. Now you need to select the usual type of device and continue to connect the printer via a Wi-Fi router.
You need to install all the necessary drivers for the printer. Find the required model in the proposed list. After completing all THESE actions, the installation wizard will offer to proceed to setting up the sharing of the device.
The installation wizard will inform you about the correct installation of drivers and offer to use the default printer. Click on the “Finish” button, and now it remains to configure the port properties.
We click on the installed printer with the right mouse button, and in its properties, in the TCP port settings, select the LPR protocol and give it a name.
When connecting, many users overlook some of the settings details, as a result of which not everything works as it should.
Setting up the print server
To connect the printer via Wi-Fi, you first need to set up the print server. To do this, you need to connect the printer to the router. The built-in menu of the router is used for configuration. To get into it, you need to write 192.168.1.1 in the search bar in any browser. If the IP addresses were changed during configuration, then you must enter the changed address.
In devices, you can now see the printer and check its status. Here’s the most important setting. This is the Printer location. In this line, you will need to write the network address of the device on each personal PC that is connected to the network. The printer must be installed on every computer. When the wizard starts, you will need to note that this will be a network printer.
The printer address is indicated by the one shown on the router. If the printer model is not displayed, you need to install a local device on this computer. If everything went well, it becomes the default on every PC. To check that everything is done correctly, you can print a test page.
How to connect the printer via Wi-Fi correctly. The most common mistakes when connecting and configuring
If you look at modern devices for printing, you will notice that for the most part they have very wide functionality. As a result, it will usually be much easier for a person to work with them. Connection without using wires today is one of the most necessary and demanded functions that is used in printing devices. Wi-Fi is also popular due to the fact that work has become much more comfortable and convenient, since there is a need to use a large number of connecting wires.
The most common mistakes when connecting and configuring
- Sometimes situations may arise that everything seems to be done correctly, but the network printer via Wi-Fi does not print or prints incorrectly. To solve this problem, you can use this solution. All well-known manufacturers, in addition to the equipment, can offer free utilities that are engaged in finding and eliminating malfunctions that arise in the work. To solve the problem, such a utility will be enough to run and follow the instructions.
When installing equipment, people do not always carefully read the instructions that come with the equipment and tell you how to set up the printer via Wi-Fi.
Various printer connection options
There is another way to connect the printer via Wi-Fi. This method will be ideal if the IP address of the personal PC and Windows 7 OS are in the same radius with the network printer. To work, you need to turn on Wi-Fi on the printer and find it on the computer.
The above method for setting up a printer over Wi-Fi may NOT work. Then you need to open “Network Neighborhood”, then right-click on the icon, select properties and open “Network Connections”. Next, we find the “Local network”, and here we need the “General” tab. There we find the TCP / IP protocol and in its properties we write IP addresses, which we find in the instructions for this device.
There is another way how to connect the printer via Wi-Fi. To implement it on a router, you need to create access points. To do this, you need to connect the router to the printer using Wi-Fi for this. In the printer, you need to specify the type of encryption used and the access key. If the Wi-Fi indicator lights up, it means everything was done correctly.
How to connect a printer via Wi-Fi. General instruction
- First you need to choose a printer that will suit you. It must connect to the router.
- Using a network cable, you need to connect the network port of the router to the printer. Next, we connect the printer to a personal PC.
- On all computers that will be in the network, you must install all the necessary drivers for the selected printer.
- You need to set a static IP for the device. It is best to use the address of the zone where other devices on the network are located. In all addresses Only the fourth segments should differ. When activated, the network printer will have unchanged IP even if the DHCP function is enabled in the router.
- To find the device conveniently, as well as to avoid confusion, you can change the printer name.
Connection can be made using the built-in Print Server. With its help, the connection is made. As a result, access is opened from any personal PC, which is located in the network coverage area.
How to connect a printer via Wi-Fi in Windows XP
First, you need to connect the printer to one of the computers on the network. To do this, you need to connect it to the USB port and load all the drivers necessary for its operation. They are most often supplied with the printer on an installation disc. To check if the installation is correct, you must run a test page. If everything is installed correctly, the next step is to set it up as a network printer.
Choosing a place to install the router
It is also necessary to choose the correct location for the router. The coverage area of the router must necessarily cover all the places where access is needed. If the signal is weak, the router must be located in such a way that its network extends slightly beyond the boundaries of the apartment or office.
Initial data. What should we have
- Electricity (logical)
- Wi-Fi router, popularly called a router (the same box, usually with an antenna, looking up or down, connected to an outlet and to the Internet using an Ethernet network cable)
- A printing device that supports a Wi-Fi wireless connection (as a rule, the printer or packaging should have one of these icons:
- A computer, laptop, or mobile device (smartphone, tablet) connected to a wireless network. This connection point is NOT required, but it is necessary to fully test printing on a printer without wires. Before connecting, we recommend that you install the necessary printing device drivers from the disk or downloaded from the manufacturer’s official website. If your smartphone and tablet support AirPrint, then you do NOT need to install drivers.
Connecting the printer via Wi-Fi without entering the SSID password
- If you have a printer without an LCD display, then on the panel you need to press the button marked Wi-Fi
- The printer will then start scanning and trying to connect to the wireless network. At this time, a message appears on the LCD displaying to press the WPS button on the router (router). On a printer without an LCD display, the indicator above Wi-Fi will SIMply blink.
- Next, we should find on our router and press the WPS button (on some routers it is written as OSS). Pressing this button, we make it clear to the router that the printer, which is “knocking” on the network door. The device is not alien and we consent to this connection. WPS button. This is usually a small inconspicuous button on the back or side of the router case. For example, we gave a photo of the popular TP Link model.
- If we pressed the correct button and the operation was successful. The printer will confirm this with a green light. If the Wi-Fi indicator is green and NOT flashing. Can print.
Connecting the printer via Wi-Fi. Instructions
You bought a printer and are glad that wireless technologies have finally reached your small office, hurry to print the first photo or page of text that is called “over the air” without tying yourself up with the heavy burden of wires. My heart sanks in anticipation of the first high-quality photo from the sea, and a dumb question with no answer pulsates in my head: how to connect a printer via Wi-Fi? Instructions from the printer manufacturer on the one hand tell everything in detail and detailed, but on the other hand these explanations often DO NOT dispel the fog of ignorance, especially if the instruction is printed in an unfamiliar language.
In fact, there is nothing complicated. We went through it ourselves. Let’s share with you. We apologize in advance to advanced users and professionals in system administration. This article is unlikely to be useful to you, because We will deliberately make it SIMplified for the understanding of most users who DO NOT have regular close contact with digital technology.
Connecting the Printer via Wi-Fi Using the SSID Password
Perhaps the easiest way to connect your typing assistant with a wireless Wi-Fi network. This is to authorize the device on the network by entering the SSID password. This is the password you usually enter for the first time, in order to connect your laptop, tablet or smartphone to your home or office network. Let’s consider the sequence of our actions using the example of connecting an Epson printer.
Please note: in order to connect the printer in this way, it must be equipped with an LCD display.
- Go to the printer settings (icon with a key and a screwdriver)
- Select the item “Wi-Fi Settings”
- We go to the menu “Wi-Fi connection setup”
- Go to the “Wireless Network Setup Wizard”
- After that, we select our network from the list of found ones. We hope you have NOT forgotten the name of your network? Forgot ?? Then look in your laptop or smartphone to which network they are connected, and then select the same name in the list on the printer screen.
- After you have chosen your network. You will be prompted to enter the SSID password using the printer keys. If you have forgotten your password or it is too long. We recommend that you go to the second method of setting up your network. Without entering a password.
- Once you have entered the correct password. The Wi-Fi icon on the printer panel will glow green. This does not mean that everything is lost. On the contrary. You can congratulate yourself: you figured out how to connect Epson via Wi-Fi with a password.
- After establishing the connection and provided that your computer is connected to the same network and the necessary driver is installed on it, your PC and printer should “see” each other and you can print wirelessly at your pleasure.
Setting up a Wi-Fi printer without an LCD display
Do you have any questions? Something does not work? Write to us in the comments under the article and we will be happy to advise you on how to connect a printer via Wi-Fi.