How to take a screenshot
To take a screenshot of your Apple Watch:
- Hold the side button;
- Press and release the Digital Crown.
After this manipulation, a white flash will appear on the watch screen and a shutter sound will sound, and the finished screenshot will be added to the “Camera Roll” of your iPhone.
10 Tips for Apple Watch Newbies
Here are 10 tips for Apple Watch newbies. Apple Watch is a complete computer on your wrist. This small device can do a lot and its capabilities are constantly expanding. Below is a short list of tips and information to help you get started with your Apple Watch. So, our 10 tips for Apple Watch newbies!
Installing and uninstalling applications
Adding an application to the watch can be divided into 2 stages: download and installation.
Turn off / restart Apple Watch
- Press and hold the side button until the menu appears;
- Select the action you want: shutdown, save power, or lock.
Important! If you select the power saving mode, then you can exit it only when connected to the charger.
If the device freezes and does not respond to your actions, then simultaneously hold down the side button and the Digital Crown until the Apple logo appears.
- Open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone;
- Go to the “Selection” tab;
- Find the application you need and download it as you usually do with iPhone applications;
How to control Apple Watch
Apple Watch is controlled by a single physical button, Digital Crown, touchscreen and Siri voice assistant.
The button is used to call the “Friends” application and to turn on / off the watch. The Digital Crown is a kind of Home button. Pressing the wheel returns you to the home screen, double-clicking returns to the last running application, and rotating the Digital Crown changes the scale.
The Apple Watch was the first Apple device to feature a Force Touch screen. This means that in addition to the usual touches and swipes (smooth movements of the fingers on the screen), the watch understands the force of pressing. Depending on how strong the touch was, the watch reacts differently.
Voice assistant “Siri” will help you send a message, make a call, add an appointment to your calendar, and much more. To launch “Siri” you need to hold down the “Digital Crown”.
Almost all device settings can be made using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Connecting Apple Watch to iPhone
First, check if Bluetooth is turned on on the iPhone. Connect the watch to the mains to recharge. Turn on your Apple Watch (press and hold the side button under the Digital Crown until the Apple logo appears). Choose your Apple Watch interface language.
To pair your watch and phone:
- Open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone;
- Click “Start pairing”;
- Point the phone camera at the watch so that the Apple Watch display falls into the yellow outline that appears on the iPhone screen;
- The watch will connect to the iPhone and you will continue to either set the watch as new (or restore a copy from a backup, if you have already used the watch and made backups);
- Choose on which wrist you will wear the watch;
- Enter your Apple ID;
- Click “OK” on the next 3 pages with information about location services, “Siri” and diagnostics;
- Set a password. The password must be entered on the Apple Watch;
- Indicate whether you want the watch to be unlocked at the same time as the iPhone;
- Choose how you want to install applications. If the applications on your iPhone have versions for watches, then they can all be installed automatically, or you can later independently install only the programs you need;
- Wait for the devices to sync.
Your Apple Watch shows you which settings are shared with your iPhone. If Find, Location Services, Wi-Fi Calling, and Diagnostics are turned on on iPhone, they are automatically turned on for Apple Watch.
You can choose other settings such as Route Tracking and Siri. If Siri is not yet set up on iPhone, it will turn on after you select this option.
How to connect Apple Watch to iphone
To use all the features of a smartwatch, you need to know how to pair with an Apple Watch. Before that, you need to prepare the device, and then follow a few simple steps.
If notifications are not received on the wrist device, then this is due to the lack of synchronization between the equipment. In this case, a red icon in the form of a crossed-out phone will be displayed on the screen. Also, verification is performed through the settings.
Position iPhone over animation
Center the watch face in the viewfinder on iPhone. Wait for the message that the Apple Watch has been paired.
If you can’t use your camera, click Manually Pair Your Apple Watch and follow the onscreen instructions. Find out what to do if the “i” icon is not displayed.
How to check the connection
- Upgrade your mobile gadget to the final version of the operating system.
- Start Bluetooth.
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Open and put on the device. To do this, you need to hold down the button located on the side until the company sign pops up. The procedure takes a few minutes.
- Bring smart Watch and mobile device closer together. The phone screen must be turned on, we are waiting for the pop-up notification to appear. At the bottom of the text, click on the “Next” button. In the absence of this notification, click in the Watch settings and click on the “Create a pair” item. Until the transfer of information stops, keep 2 devices nearby.
- Position the phone above the animation. Place the display module of the clock under the camera of the gadget. After waiting for the end of the binding technique. If this method did not work, then click on “Create a pair with Apple Watch manually.” Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If this is not a new watch, then upload a backup copy. After a while, you will be prompted to update the equipment to a new version, it is recommended to do this immediately.
- Then wait for a notification asking you to enter data from Apple What to do if Apple Watch does not see the iPhone
What if you can’t pair
If synchronization has not occurred, try to break the pair and create again. To do this, click the start of the program “Pair Apple Watch manually” (Pair Apple Watch Maually). Instructions on how to do this will appear on the screen.
Is it possible to connect Apple Watch to iPhone 6?
To set up and use Apple Watch, you need an iPhone with the latest version of iOS. watchOS 6 is compatible with Apple Watch Series 1 and later. WatchOS 6 requires an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.
Is it possible to connect Apple Watch to Android?
Officially, Apple smartwatches are only compatible with the iPhone. … Apple Watch cannot be connected to an Android smartphone via Bluetooth to receive call and notification notifications, as with other smartwatches.
How to reset Apple Watch 3?
How to reset and delete data from Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app and select the “My Watch” tab;
- Select “General”. “Reset”;
- Click on the option “Erase Apple Watch content and settings”, confirm the action. Enter your Apple ID password if prompted.
How to find the i icon on Apple Watch?
The i icon is in the lower-right corner of an unpaired Apple Watch. To see the name of the watch and manually create a pair, click the “i” icon.
How to unlink watch from iPhone?
- Launch the Watch app on iPhone.
- Go to My Watch and select a device.
- Click the info button next to the clock.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch and confirm.
How to connect Apple Watch to WI-FI
Next, in order, what to do:
- go to the settings of Apple Watch Series 4 or other;
- click on Wi-Fi;
- wait until the device finds available networks;
- select a network (available in watchOS from version 5);
- enter a password if necessary;
- click on “Connect”.
It is important to know: 1. Chasophone is only able to connect to a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz; 2. You can select a Wi-Fi network to which the iPhone was previously connected, synchronized with this chronometer.
What to do if you need to disconnect iWatch from iPhone or iPad
Before connecting Apple Watch to another iPhone XR, XS, etc., or vice versa synchronizing iPhone with other watches, you need to break the pair between 2 gadgets.
How to do it right:
Nuance: when restoring from a backup, all the settings and parameters of the watch phone are saved in iCloud, so at any time you can recreate the old pair of 2 gadgets.
Things to know before connecting Apple Watch to iPhone
To begin with, the user must make sure that the latest version of the OS is installed on the iPhone (this one, for example, XS 64GB Space Gray), if not, update to the “fresh” iOS.
Tip: you can find out the firmware version as follows: Settings → General → About this device → Version.
Honor also says that smartwatches do not sync with all iPhones:
- watch phones starting from series 3 (GPS Cellular) are compatible with iPhone 6 and later;
- Apple Watch 3 series with GPS and 1,2 series models can pair with iPhones starting from 5S.
There is no need to talk about preparations for synchronizing Apple Watch and iPhone for a long time. the whole process includes 2 steps: activating Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the phone. You don’t need to download and install any applications.
How to connect watch to computer
Using Apple Watch in conjunction with a PC, as with an iPhone or iPad, will not work. But Apple developers have provided the ability to unlock the Mac using a watch phone. Why does the user need it? Auto unlock allows you to access your PC without entering passwords. Unlocked Apple Watch on your wrist. everything you need to get started with Mac.
- on Mac, activate Bluetooth and Wi-Fi;
- sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID for Mac and Apple Watch;
- set a password on the watch;
- in laptop settings allow Apple Watch to unlock PC.
A nuance: this works on watchOS from version 3, and on Macs with Sierra OS and later.
How to connect and set up Apple Watch correctly. pairing with 3 types of devices
“Apple” watch is a miniature computer on the hand. But to start using this wonderful device, you need to pair it with a suitable gadget. How to connect Apple Watch to iPhone, iPad or PC? How to set up your device correctly? Is it possible to break the pair and connect Apple Watch to another gadget? All about the nuances of synchronization and settings for a wrist accessory from Apple can be found in this article.
How to find your device
If smart watches, for example, MNNL2FS / A are lost or stolen by intruders, you can use 2 methods to find them.
Sync Apple Watch and iPad
If you don’t have a smart at hand, can iWatch be tied to another gadget of the Apple family. iPad? No, you can only sync smartwatches with an iPhone running the latest version of iOS. Apple Watch is designed to pair with an iPhone and is in no way compatible with an iPad.
Step-by-step instructions on how to link Apple Watch to iPhone
For the first time, Apple Watch and iPhone are merging in this way:
Turn on Apple Watch (press and hold the button on the side, under the Digital Crown).
Bring the watch to the iPhone, for example, this XR 128GB Product Red.
The screen will display a menu from which you need to select a region, language.
How to sync iPhone with Apple Watch? Wait for the viewfinder to appear and point the photo module at the chronometer dial.
Nuance: you can bind devices manually, for this a 6-digit code is dialed (it will be displayed on the watch phone screen if you click on the corresponding inscription on the phone display) on the iPhone.
Wait for the message that the connection was successful.
The system will offer 2 options for the development of events: configure the watch phone as a new one or restore a copy from a backup. The first option is suitable for those who have just purchased a brand new device, as an option, Series 4 Gold Aluminum. The second. if the user has previously used another watch phone in conjunction with this iPhone. In this case, the system will automatically load the used parameters. To further configure Apple Watch, you need to select one thing.
How to proceed to connect Apple Watch to a new iPhone, say, X Silver? The user will have to choose on which hand he will wear the chronometer (right-handed / left-handed). After that, the system will ask you to agree to the terms of the license agreement in order to continue working with Apple Watch. And to log in to the Apple system, you will need to enter an ID. Was the authorization successful? It’s time to find out how to set up Apple Watch further. A separate section is devoted to this just below in the article.
Instructions on how to properly connect Apple Watch to Android device
For the initial personalization, Apple Watch owners still need to get an Android smartphone for a while, from which it is necessary to:
- install the Aerlink: Wear Connect for iOS app from Google Play on your smartwatch;
- while the application is being installed, it’s time to install BLE Utility on iOS.
After installing all the apps, Apple Watch setup begins and syncs with Android. Further connection point by point:
Install the Aerlink app on your smartwatch
- Aerlink must be launched, iOS Service must be activated, and the notification disabled message must be ignored.
- In the installed BLE Utility program, you will need to open the Peripheral tab and leave the application alone.
- Open the Aerlink alert on your watch, if it is lost, you must repeat the first paragraph.
- If successful, the watch will notify you with the appropriate message, otherwise you should repeat the procedure again.
How to properly connect Apple Watch to Android device?
Today, wearable electronics tend to shrink in size, while naturally losing power, but winning in mobility and convenience.
Once an electronic watch with time backlight and an electronic dial seemed like a breakthrough, but today a smartphone on the wrist is no longer perceived as something supernatural.
Actually, the consumer dictates the conditions, and the developers follow the lead, so the world is presented with many different models of smart watches from the most famous companies. Wearable electronics from Apple and Google are developed exclusively for consumers using smartphones of these companies, but the question “Can Apple Watch be connected to Android?” until today no one gave a clear answer.
We can safely say that it became possible to make friends with an Android Wear watch with an iWatch device thanks to third-party developers.
We connect the device?
The Android Wear platform has a large number of iWatch competitors’ smartwatches, but they all differ in one way or another, and a pairing guarantee can be given to such models as:
But in any case, the loss of some functions of the watch, for example, “Through time”, is simply inevitable. But this does not prevent us from talking about whether the Apple Watch works with Android, and what stages must be passed to connect them.
The functionality is somewhat limited after such pairing, but the watch will retain its basic functions, such as:
- call alerts;
- all current incoming calls that cannot be answered yet;
- the charge of the smartphone itself.
In any case, the question of how to connect Apple Watch to Android has been successfully resolved, and this will be the right signal for developers.
Synchronizing iWatch smartwatch with Android device
Check Apple Watch connection
You can check if your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone in 2 ways. On the watch, the check is performed through the “Control Center” section. The “Watch” application is used for this purpose on the phone.
In the first option, they make a gesture upward to open the “Control Panel” section. A red icon in the form of a crossed-out phone or a red cross appears in the upper left corner. This indicates a lack of communication between electronic devices.
Turning on the Watch app shows that there is contact with the iPhone. If there is no connection during the next check, then turn on and off the “Airplane mode” button. The connection should be restored.
Try to connect Apple Watch to iPhone again
In case of unsuccessful contact, they try to connect the iWatch to the iPhone again. Step-by-step instructions for this process:
- iWatch and iPhone are positioned next to each other.
- On iPhone, turn off airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. To do this, swipe upwards across the phone screen. to open the “Control Center” section.
- Both devices restart.
Sometimes these manipulations do not lead to a positive result. In this case, you need to break the pair between the gadgets and create it again.
What if you can’t pair
If synchronization has not occurred, try to break the pair and create again. To do this, click the start of the program “Pair Apple Watch manually” (Pair Apple Watch Maually). Instructions on how to do this will appear on the screen.
How to properly connect Apple Watch to iPhone
Smart watch is a multifunctional gadget from Apple. To take advantage of the device’s capabilities, you need to know how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone.
First launch, pairing and setup
Before launching, smart watches need to be checked and configured. The manufacturer explained how to set up Apple Watch and prepared step-by-step instructions for this. The watch works with iPhone 6 and all subsequent modifications equipped with the latest version of iOS.
Like any other device, your smartwatch needs a charge. The device is plugged into a power outlet using an Apple charging cable or a magnetic docking station that attaches to a USB power adapter. It takes a while to fully charge.
The next step is to connect to the phone.
- To solve the problem of how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone, you first need to turn on the smart device. To do this, there is a button on the side panel. Press the button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. After switching on, you need to select the language.
- The next step is to ask the watch to open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone. It is installed by the manufacturer in advance, during the software update.
- The fact that the program is running is signaled by the appearance of different patterns on the screen of the gadget, and a camera is launched on the phone.
- The iWatch device works on either side. you need to choose which hand it will be worn on. To continue, accept the terms of service and register your watch with your Apple ID.
- In this case, a series of installation notifications from the iPhone will be displayed on the screen of the device.
If the camera does not turn on, you need to pair or sync Apple Watch with iPhone and try to pair. To do this, the watch and the iPhone are placed side by side and enter a six-digit pairing code for the devices. iWatch finds iPhone via Bluetooth within a radius of 10 m. The device will be able to contact the phone from a farther distance after connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Bluetooth connection reduces battery consumption by 50%.
Break a pair and create it from the beginning
In the absence of contact between the devices, the pair is broken and re-created.
- On the watch, they select the “Settings” section, go to “Basic”, press “Reset”, select the “Erase content and settings” button.
- The Watch program is launched on the phone. Select the section “My watch”. A clock icon appears at the top left of the screen. Next to it is the “i” button, which you need to press.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Unpair Apple Watch” box. Click on it again to confirm the action.
- Pair iWatch and iPhone.
- At the end of the procedure, the gadgets restart.
Connecting an Android Wear Smartwatch to an iPhone
With the purchase of an Apple Watch, everything is still difficult for us. Meanwhile, the market continues to grow with Android Wear smartwatches. But you can’t connect them to the iPhone!
The rapidly developing smartwatch market leads to the daily popularization of miniature devices that can partially relieve you of the need to constantly go into your for another spam mail or message about “the best taxi service in the city” about Honor. The lion’s share of smartwatches runs on the Android Wear operating system, which flatly refuse to work with the rival iOS platform. On May 28-29, the Google I / O conference will take place, at which the platform barrier may fall and Android Wear will finally make friends with iOS.
One way or another, if you are a fan of Apple smartphones, dream of buying a smartwatch, but the price tag on the Apple Watch scares you off, you can try a fairly simple solution to connect an Android Wear smartwatch to an iPhone, for example, Motorola Moto 360 or Sony Smart Watch 3.
Note. Alas, a number of functions on a smartwatch will be limited, and for their operation you may need a smartphone running Android (a smartphone is also needed for the initial setup of pairing an Android Wear watch with an iPhone).
Keep in mind that in addition to smart watches and iPhone, you still need an Android smartphone to set up.
Install the Aerlink app on the smartwatch: Wear Connect for iOS from the developer Codegy.
The BLE Utility app will need to be installed on the iPhone.
After finishing the installation of the Aerlink app on your smartwatch, launch it and enable the iOS Service item.
You will immediately see a message stating that notifications are disabled. Ignore it and go to the next step.
How to Pair APPLE Watch Series 5 with iPhone – Pair Devices
Launch the installed BLE Utility application on the iPhone. Go to the Peripheral tab.
Leave the tab open, and in the meantime, open the Aerlink alert on your smartwatch (if it disappears, disable and enable iOS support again in the application. point 3 of this manual).
If the connection was successful, you will see a corresponding notification on the Smart-watch:
This completes the pairing. At this stage, an Android Wear Smartwatch paired with an iPhone can do the following:
- display a notification about incoming SMS messages, calendar events;
- relaying notifications from iPhone (all enabled Push in the Notifications menu on iOS);
- display incoming calls (it is impossible to talk through the Smart-watch);
- displaying the current iPhone battery charge.
Alas, the ability to display notifications, incoming messages and calls are still the only working functions at a time when there is no Android smartphone. Maps, Google voice search, and other applications that require internet access will not work. There are several ways out: carry two smartphones, wait for good news on the integration of Android Wear with iOS from Google, be content with the functionality of a smart watch as a “notifier” or think about buying an Apple Watch. The choice is yours.
The clock does not receive notifications
Notifications may not come if the smartphone screen is activated. In this case, all messages will be displayed only on the iPhone. Loss of connection between gadgets is also possible if the distance between them is too great.
Password required on watch
When trying to pair, you may be asked to enter a password. This means binding to another device. To sync with your iPhone or iPad, you need to reset the data from the watch and make a new setting.
Problems and solutions
Sometimes it can be difficult to pair your Apple Watch and phone. You should not immediately fall into despair, as there is a suitable solution for many problems.
Watch not pairing with iPhone or iPad
Pairing can be unsuccessful for several reasons. It may be that Bluetooth is simply disabled on the iPhone or iPad. Also, synchronization will not be installed if the device does not have an up-to-date OS version.
Tips on how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone
For users who have just purchased a Smart Watch, the question is how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone. These two devices are designed to sync with each other. After pairing, information about the device will be displayed on the watch screen, notifications about calls and messages will be received, you can track the steps taken, monitor your health and much more.
Preparing Apple Watch and iPhone for syncing
Before synchronization, you need to prepare your devices. You need to check if your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If the operating system is outdated, you will not be able to pair devices.
To pair your watch, you need to turn on Bluetooth on your phone. It is also necessary that the smartphone be connected to the network via Wi-Fi or through a mobile operator.
Step-by-step instructions on how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone
After preparing the devices, you need to go directly to synchronization. We will tell you in detail how to connect the new Apple Watch to the iPhone.
- You need to put the watch on your hand and turn it on. In order to turn it on, you need to hold the power button for a few seconds until the logo appears on the screen.
- Gadgets should be as close as possible to each other.
- After a few seconds, the screen will display the message “Use iPhone to set up Apple Watch”.
- Until pairing is complete, they should be near.
- At this stage, an animated picture should appear on the watch screen, which needs to be read by the camera.
- Two configuration options will appear. Either set up your Apple Watch as new if you bought it new, or restore a backup if you’ve already used it.
- The next step requires you to enter your Apple ID password.
- In the settings, select which phone functions should work and be displayed on the device.
- Apple Watch prompts you to set a password. If you do not want intruders to gain access to your data, use the password setting. If desired, this procedure can be done at any other time.
Important! Wait until the end of the synchronization process, after which you can fully use these two gadgets.
No notifications appear
Usually, you see notifications on the smartphone screen, but only until it is locked. Otherwise, notifications will be sent to the watch, but if they are not there, then most likely the watch is also locked or the Do Not Disturb mode is enabled.
If you have set a password for the watch (via a smartphone), then it will automatically lock when not put on your hand, as well as when you lose contact with the skin and when charging. Remove the password, or tighten the strap. Forgot your password? You will have to reset your watch settings completely. To do this, launch the Watch application on your smartphone, select the menu items “My watch” “General” “Reset” “Erase all content and settings”. In cases where the watch was not connected to the smartphone, you need to use this instruction.
Sometimes the reason for not receiving notifications is Do Not Disturb mode, which is displayed on the screen with a crescent moon icon. In the watch‘s Settings menu, select the crescent moon icon and press it to turn off the mode.
Watch battery runs out too quickly
Weak batteries are the Achilles heel of the Apple Watch. But at least they should be enough for a day of moderately active use. If the clock sets earlier, then this may be a technical problem.
Apple Watch can be put into power saving mode and will only show the time. Press and hold the side button until the Eco Mode slider appears, slide it to the right.
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and turn off unnecessary notifications.
Go to “Settings” in your watch. scroll down and select Text Brightness and Size. Decrease brightness.
On your watch, open Settings General Wrist Raise and turn off Raise Wrist. The same can be done from the Watch app for iPhone.
Turn off the optical heart rate monitor by opening the Watch app on your iPhone by going to the My Watch Exercise menu Power Saving Mode.
Start by turning the watch off and on. Press the side button, wait for the sliders screen to appear, turn off the watch. Press the button again and hold until the Apple logo appears.
An application might be causing the problem. Remove all unnecessary applications. To do this, on the Home screen, press and hold the program icon until the “X” icon is displayed, then press it. Don’t worry, this won’t remove apps from your iPhone. You can also uninstall apps via your smartphone by selecting the Watch app and turning off the Show on Apple Watch option for unnecessary apps.
The last resort is, again, a factory reset. This is done through the menu “Settings” “General” “Reset” “Erase content and settings”.
Mickey Mouse doesn’t tell time what to do?
The clock can sound the current time aloud after tapping on the screen, if there is a Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse dial. What to do if the mouse is silent?
Make sure Quiet Mode is disabled. Press and hold the bottom of the watch face. Wait for Control Center to open, then swipe up.
Open the Apple Watch app, go to the My Watch tab, and then click Sounds, Tactile Cues. Then make sure Time By Touch is enabled.
Still not talking? We connect to Wi-Fi and put the charger on the clock for 15 minutes, after which we check again.
Does the animal still play in silence with us? Then let’s move the dial. Press hard on the screen, swipe up, then select “Delete”. Swipe left until the plus sign appears. add the dial again. Should help now.
Doesn’t monitor daily activity
Some users reported that their watch did not count steps correctly and did not take measurements during exercise. Fortunately, there are several ways to deal with this problem.
On your smartphone (connected to the watch), launch the Watch application, select the menu “My watch” “General” “Wrist recognition”. Turn it on if it’s off.
Make sure the strap of your watch is not loose on your wrist. Tightening the strap will allow the watch to better monitor activity. Buy a dedicated sports bracelet for Apple Watch.
Update your weight and height information because Apple Watch calculates metrics based on that data. Open the Watch app on your smartphone, select “My Watch” “Health” and change the values for “Height” and “Weight”.
Your watch should be re-calibrated. Start the process by selecting the Watch app on your smartphone and navigating to the menu items “My Watch” “Settings” “Privacy” “Movement and Fitness” “Reset Calibration Data”. Re-calibrate according to Apple instructions.
Watch not charging
Some users have complained that the smart watch they have purchased does not charge. Before you panic, you need to remind yourself of the following: when the watch is completely discharged, the charging icon will not appear on the screen immediately, but after a couple of seconds. If this does not happen, you can try several ways to get rid of the problem.
If the watch is new and fresh from the box, check if there is any plastic wrap on the watch or on the charger.
Use only the magnetic charging cable and USB power adapter that came with your Apple Watch.
Check if both surfaces (watch and charger) are clean and remove any unwanted objects from them.
Try plugging the cable into a different port on your laptop, desktop PC, or power adapter.
Press the side button on Apple Watch and turn off the watch. Hold it again and turn them on.
Press the side button and turn off the watch. This time to turn on, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Last resort: open the Watch app on your smartphone and go to My Watch General Reset Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings. The same “full reset”, but through a smartphone.
If all else fails, you will have to contact Apple technical support.
Some users were unable to update their watch to the latest watchOS. The problem is so common that Apple has issued official instructions.
Restart the watch, but not forcibly (without holding down the Digital Crown). Reboot your watch-linked iPhone. Try updating your watch software again via your smartphone.
If the installation does not start and does not load, select the Watch application on your smartphone, select the menu “My watch” “General” “Use” “Software”, delete the update file and try to download and install it again.
IPhone battery drains in hours
Some users have had an issue with fast-draining iPhone batteries when using their Apple Watch. If it seems to you that the watch is literally “sucking” energy from the phone, open the “Battery” menu and check if the Watch app is in the first position in the “Battery usage” list.
Make sure Apple Watch and iPhone are connected via Bluetooth, as this type of connection uses the least amount of power.
Open the Watch app on your smartphone and turn off all unnecessary notifications.
Go to Settings General Software Update and check if iOS is updated on iPhone.
Open the Watch application on your smartphone and in the “My Watch” “General” “Software Update” tab and check if the watch software is updated.
Open the Watch app on iPhone, select “My Watch” and pair with it. Reconfigure devices after the operation is complete.
Restoring your watch to its factory settings (and deleting all content from it along the way) sometimes solves the problem of excess power consumption. Select Settings General Reset Erase All Content and Settings. Upon completion, you will have to reconfigure the watch connections with other devices.
Bluetooth is frequently disconnected or cannot be paired at all
There are several reasons for this problem. Some users have found that their Apple Watch disconnects from their iPhone even when both devices are close to each other. Others have Bluetooth issues when trying to use wireless headphones while exercising or running. There are several things you can do to get the link to work.
Solutions for non-working headphones:
Range is critical for Bluetooth and varies between wireless devices. On the Apple support forum, they write that the connection was restored when both problem devices were on the same side of the body. That is, it is worth, for example, putting on the watch on a different wrist. This slight change in radius shouldn’t really change anything, but you can try. It is possible that the human body interferes with the propagation of the signal
If streaming music to headphones is causing the problem, simply sync your playlist with your smartwatch and turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- We call the Watch application on the iPhone;
- Tap on the item Music;
- Add the desired music or playlist to the watch;
- We are waiting for a few minutes while the files are uploaded from the phone to the watch;
- We take Apple Watch and through the settings we synchronize the device with your headphones;
- Turn off Bluetooth on iPhone and play music from watch. Profit!
This should allow music to play without annoying interruptions, f workout information can be downloaded to the iPhone later.
Possible solutions for iPhone disconnecting:
Try turning airplane mode on and off. Alternatively, try going to Settings Bluetooth and turning Bluetooth on and off.
Turn the watch on and off. Hold the side button on the watch until the slider appears, then drag the switch to the off position. Press the button again and hold until the apple lights up on the screen to turn the watch back on.
To restore the connection, you can try to break the pair between the smartphone and the watch. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch tab, select the device you want, and press the exclamation mark button. Wait for the operation to complete, and then create a pair again through the already open watch application on your smartphone.
The last way is to factory reset your Apple Watch. Go to the watch menu “Settings” “General” “Reset” “Erase content and settings”. After that, you will have to reconfigure the connection to the iPhone and other devices.