Modern TV models are equipped with a Smart platform, so they are able to connect to the Internet without additional devices either via cable or via Wi-Fi, which can be used to play media content from a smartphone on TV.
It is worth noting that this method remains one of the most practical, since you can do without connecting wires. Also, there is no need to use additional devices.
Connect iPhone to TV as follows:
- There is already a router and a Wi-Fi network, then we just connect the smartphone and TV to the home network.
- If there is no home Wi-Fi network, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function. It allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi without a router. True, not all TV models support it. Activation is done differently depending on the TV model. Often you need to go to the “Applications” section and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” mode. The TV will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you need to connect your iPhone and the password to connect.
When the preparatory work is done, you can connect your iPhone to your TV:
- On the iPhone, we launch the application for playing media content on TV. For example, you can use the following programs: iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. You can download the software from the Apple Store.
- Managing the software is much easier than it might seem at first glance. You just need to select a file for subsequent broadcast on the big screen. Intuitive application interface is a guarantee that you will not have any difficulties.
If you can’t connect your mobile phone to TV equipment via Wi-Fi, use the Google Chromecast device. this is a compact adapter that visually resembles a USB flash drive that must be inserted into the HDMI connector. With its help, you can significantly simplify the setup of a wireless connection with various models of TVs.
Without a doubt, the USB cable remains the most versatile solution that allows you to synchronize your phone and TV equipment. The main advantage of this interface is its popularity; such a connector is available on all devices. Therefore, you can easily connect your iPhone to a TV using a USB cable.
Follow the step-by-step instructions:
- We connect via a micro USB cable (30-pin or Lightning. it all depends on the smartphone model) to the TV. Typically the ports are located on the rear or side panel.
- Turn on the TV and go to the settings to select the USB port as the main signal source.
Wait a few seconds for syncing to complete. How to watch iPhone on TV? Unfortunately, this is not possible, to duplicate the image on a large screen, use HDMI. As for the USB interface, it allows you to use your mobile phone as a memory storage device. Therefore, this type of connection is suitable for those who have downloaded media content to their smartphone in advance. You will not be able to launch an application or video game either.
Using an HDMI cable
The most popular digital interface today is HDMI, which allows you to synchronize various devices. The advantage of this cable is that it can carry the highest quality digital signal. Therefore, if you plan to watch Full HD video, then connect your TV via HDMI.
It will be somewhat problematic to connect an iPhone to a TV according to this principle, since Apple gadgets are equipped with a proprietary Lightning interface. However, all this can be easily solved by purchasing a Digital AV or MiraScreen adapter.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI? To set up your media content to play on the big screen, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
- We connect a previously purchased adapter to the smartphone.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
- The other end of the cord must be connected to the TV by inserting the wire into the appropriate connector. Absolutely all modern models are equipped with such an interface, regardless of the manufacturer.
- Now you need to select a signal source. To do this, go to the menu and select the appropriate section of the settings. Also this parameter can be started by pressing the button of the remote control (usually Source). Be careful, many TVs are equipped with multiple HDMI connectors. Next to the connector itself, its number is usually indicated in small print. select it in the TV menu.
- After the performed actions, the connection will be completed. If you have an iPhone 4 or older model, then instead of the display, only shortcuts for video, audio and photo playback will be displayed. However, this will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to musical compositions.
Setting up a smartphone connection to a TV via HDMI is extremely easy, since you only need to plug the cord into the appropriate connectors, the subsequent synchronization is carried out automatically. If for some reason information is not displayed on the screen, then be sure to go to the TV settings and select HDMI as the main signal source.
ways to connect iPhone to TV
The popularity of TVs without Smart features is dropping extremely quickly. It is not surprising, because every user wants to watch movies online and, if necessary, go to their favorite sites. However, this does not mean that you need to run to an electronics supermarket and buy expensive “smart” equipment.
First, learn how to connect your iPhone to your TV. Such synchronization will significantly improve the functionality of the most ordinary TV:
- Internet surfing;
- online playback of media content;
- video calls via Skype and other similar programs;
- making presentations on the big screen.
This is just a short list of the possibilities that will open after connecting a TV-device to a mobile phone. There are several popular ways to achieve this goal. Let’s consider each of them to determine the most effective.
Connect with Apple TV
This is another way to wirelessly sync a smartphone and a TV device, however, it will only be possible to implement it if you previously purchased an Apple TV set-top box.
Pairing devices will work if you use an Apple smartphone not older than the fourth generation. Be sure to install the latest iOS operating system updates before syncing, otherwise you may experience connection problems.
The iPhone is connected to the TV according to the following algorithm:
- We launch the set-top box and connect the TV to it using an HDMI cable.
- We connect iPhone to Apple TV. To do this, connect the devices to the same wireless network or turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and bring it closer to the set-top box. Connection prompts should appear on both screens.
- Double-click the Home button on your iPhone, then select the Volume and Brightness controls section. Or take a long swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “AirPlay” or “Screen Repeat”, and then from the list you should select Apple TV.
- When you click on the set-top box, the “AirPlay Mirroring” switch will open, activate it and wait until the smartphone’s desktop image appears on the TV screen.
The wireless method is suitable only for those users who have a modern TV with a built-in Smart platform and a Wi-Fi chip. The principle of operation on the iPhone is implemented through the AirPlay function. It can be turned on in the iOS top curtain.
There are two ways to establish a connection to TV via Wi-Fi:
- Switch your phone through your home router. In this case, Smart TV must also be connected to this network.
- If there is no home network, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function. However, not all TV models support this option. For some, you have to tinker with the settings.
Let’s consider the advantages of this connection method:
- it’s free;
- don’t need any wires.
The biggest drawback is the lengthy setup of the Wi-Fi Direct function, if required. But this must be done once. Also, the method of transmitting a signal “over the air” is not very reliable.
Analog VGA adapter
- high-quality video signal in HD format (1080p);
- full transfer from smartphone display to TV screen.
The main disadvantage is the lack of an audio signal. VGA cable only supports video.
Connecting any smartphone to a TV should take into account three parameters:
- The presence of the necessary connectors on the TV case.
- Availability of required software.
- Wi-Fi module.
At least one of these points must be present in order to be able to talk about any kind of connection. It is also worth understanding that it is easier to connect to a modern LCD, LED or IPS screen than to an old lamp or tubular apparatus. The latter will be switched only through special adapters (adapters).
The easiest and most reliable way to display your iPhone screen on any TV is to use a cable to connect to the HDMI connector. With such a “connection”, a “projection” of the iOS interface of the device is introduced, it becomes available:
- Play games from your mobile,
- Stream movies to the big screen,
- Watch YouTube videos,
- Listen to music from Yandex.Music, VK, and other streaming applications.
- View pictures from internal memory.
HDMI input can be found on many modern monitors. However, you cannot connect the cable directly. First, there is no Lightning to HDMI cable. Secondly, you need to convert the signal from the iPhone into an AV signal, and then run it via an HDMI cable.
Actually, to connect you will need:
The switching scheme is quite simple: connect the adapter or adapter to the phone. Connect the HDMI / VGA cable to it. The remaining HDMI “tail” plug into the connector on the TV case. Find the signal source you need through the “AV” button, and enjoy watching.
Here we can talk mainly only about the advantages:
- relatively inexpensive way;
- one of the most reliable.
As a minus. a connection through two wires. This is not the most successful and convenient solution.
There are quite a few ways to transfer content from your smartphone to your TV. In addition to the direct transmission of what is happening on the iPhone display via cable, there are a lot of programs and services that somehow interact with the iPhone:
Displays the broadcast from the smartphone display to the TV screen. It requires a good Wi-Fi signal to work. The application works for free for a week. The licensed version for one device will cost the user 13.
The list doesn’t end there. IPhone content can be viewed through various TV set-top boxes and game consoles:
- Roku. This brand appeared thanks to the Netflix service, which, at one time, launched the production of TV set-top boxes. Today, Roku is not only set-top boxes, but also smart TVs to which you can connect your iOS smartphone via Wi-Fi. The product line is very wide. You can find simple stick-consoles for 25 or full-fledged TV boxes for 80.
- Xbox One, Xbox 360. Game consoles from Sony are very popular all over the world. Modern models allow not only playing, but also connecting a smartphone on the iOS operating system via Wi-Fi.
- Amazon Fire TV. A small remote stick with an HDMI adapter that turns any TV into a Smart device. However, to show the display of your iPhone, you will need to install the additional paid application “Air Mirror for Amazon Fire TV”. The cost of the set-top box and software will cost about 45-50.
In addition to applications and additional TV boxes, the user can sync iPhone with almost any smart SmartTV. Different platforms for integrating a smartphone with a TV can be found in brands such as: Samsung, LG, Hitachi, Xiaomi, Philips, Dexp, Haier and others.
The easiest and most reliable way to link TV and iOS is with a USB to Lightning cable. The switching scheme consists in connecting a 30-pin connector or Lightning plug on one side, and a USB tail on the TV side. Select a signal source, and see the image from the phone.
You cannot display the desktop image from the iPhone on the big screen. Through a USB lanyard, the smartphone is connected as a flash drive, you can play video files and photos from the phone’s memory.
Unfortunately, this option has a lot of limitations:
- you will not be able to play on a big screen via a USB cable;
- watching movies is possible only if you have saved them in advance;
- you will not be able to repeat the screen and launch the application on the big screen.
Let’s use Apple TV
By the way, there is another possibility to create a wireless connection between iPhone and TV. True, for this you have to use the Apple TV media player.
You will also need an HDMI cable. You also need an iPhone no older than the fourth generation. What are the requirements for a branded Apple TV? 2G, 3G or 4G. In this case, both gadgets must be updated to the latest version of iOS. Otherwise, errors may appear when connecting.
When all of the above is at your fingertips, then you can proceed:
- Turn on Apple TV. We connect a TV to this device. This is done using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- We sync iPhone with Apple TV. And do not forget, if WI-FI is used, then both TV and the “apple” gadget must work within the same network.
- On the iPhone, press the Home button twice. Then we tap on “Volume control, brightness”.
- Choosing AirPlay.
- Further in the list of devices, we are looking for the option we need.
- After you tap on the set-top box, the AirPlay Mirroring switch will appear. We activate it and wait for the iPhone desktop image to be broadcast on the TV screen.
Connect iPhone to TV via USB
A USB cable is a universal solution if you need to synchronize two devices with each other. Including when it comes to connecting an iPhone to a TV. So you can safely use this interface. For this:
- Turn off the TV.
- Connect your iPhone to your TV using a micro USB cable (30-pin or Lightning. depending on model). Typically, the USB port is located on the back or side panel.
- Turn on your TV. In the device settings, set the display of the picture from USB.
That’s all! It remains to wait for the synchronization process to complete.
For reference! By connecting the iPhone to a TV via USB, you will not be able to display the picture from the screen to the screen in order, so to speak, to duplicate content on a display with a larger diagonal. The system will only recognize the smartphone as a storage device. Therefore, this method is suitable for those cases when you need to broadcast videos and photos stored in your phone to TV.
How to connect an iPhone to a TV: instructions and recommendations
Is it possible to connect an iPhone to a TV? Sure. You ask, what is such a synchronization of a gadget with a TV device for? For example, to watch a movie or display photos on the big screen. Agree that this is very convenient? It remains only to find out how such a connection can be made and what is needed for this.
HDMI to the rescue
The HDMI interface is also quite popular today, which is used when connecting various electronic devices to each other. Its advantage is that it can transmit a high-precision digital signal. That is, it is ideal if you decide to watch high-definition video.
However, connecting an iPhone to a TV in this way is a little complicated by the fact that all Apple devices use their own proprietary Lightning connectors. But this problem is solved by purchasing a special adapter. Digital AV Adapter, Lightning to HDMI “MiraScreen”, etc., equipped with an HDMI interface.
How to organize a broadcast from iPhone to TV? You will need to do the following:
- We insert the adapter into the iPhone.
- Connect one end of the HDMI wire to the adapter.
- We stick the other end of the cable into the TV. We use the HDMI connector, which is available on all modern TVs, and any manufacturer. Sony, Samsung, LG, Philips, etc.
- In the TV settings, select the mode in which the image will be displayed from the corresponding port. In our case, this is HDMI. Just be careful. modern TVs have multiple HDMI ports. So specify the one to which you connected the device from Apple.
- After these manipulations, the iPhone display will appear on your TV screen. But this is if you have a modern model of an “apple” smartphone. 5, 5s, 6, 7, etc. On the same 4s (and below), instead of the display, only shortcuts for launching video, audio and viewing the image gallery will be visible. However, this fact will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to a couple of music tracks.
For reference! After connecting the devices via HDMI and turning them on, all the necessary settings should load automatically. But sometimes you have to do it manually. To do this, both on the iPhone and on the TV, you need to set “HDMI” as the source of the main signal. Then, after successful synchronization, the picture from the smartphone will begin to duplicate on the big screen.
We use the possibilities of WI-FI
Today, a huge number of TV models (Samsung, Sony Bravia, LG, Philips, etc.) connect to WI-FI without any problems. Naturally, such a wireless connection can be safely used in order to broadcast content from a smartphone.
over, this method of synchronization is one of the most convenient. After all, it allows you to do without wires. And no additional devices are required either.
How to connect a gadget to a TV via WI-FI? First you need:
- Create a network or organize an existing one.
- Make sure the TV has a Wi-Fi module and turn it on. This is done in different ways. Usually through the built-in application: for LG, this is the Smart Share software product, for Samsung, AllShare. On many TVs, you can establish a connection with a smartphone in the Applications section, activating Wi-Fi Direct Mode there.
Then you can start syncing your iPhone and TV:
- First of all, we connect both devices to the existing WI-FI network.
- We launch an application on the iPhone for displaying video and other content on TV. For example, Twonky Beam, Smart View (Samsung only) or iMediaShare. All of them are available for download in the App Store.
- It is not difficult to use such software. You just need to specify the file that you want to broadcast on the TV screen, and then select the device itself. We will not dwell on this in more detail. We are sure you will figure it out along the way.
For reference! If for some reason you are unable to connect your iPhone to your TV wirelessly via WI-FI, then try using a Google Chromecast device. This small adapter the size of a USB stick needs to be plugged into an HDMI port. Then you can easily and quickly set up a wireless connection with various TV models.
Can I connect my iPhone to a TV using an analog cable?
You can also connect the iPhone to the TV with the popular “tulip”. Yes, this is the same composite cable from the distant 1990-2000s. As you remember in those days, this standard was widely used in audio and video equipment.
So today you can use it to connect your iPhone to a TV device. The only caveat is that you won’t be able to view high-definition videos.
At the same time, you can create an analog connection between the iPhone and the TV using several types of adapters at once. Which one to use. be guided by the model of your “apple” smartphone:
- Apple Composite AV Cable. Has 3 standard cinch plugs and one USB. Suitable for 4s and older iPhones.
- Apple Component AV Cable. Reminiscent of the first option. It differs in that it contains additional connectors for synchronizing the image and improving the quality of the transmitted picture. Also for iPhone 3G, 4 and 4s.
- Apple Lightning VGA adapter. It is used to connect to a TV of the new generation models. iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, etc. It has a 15-pin analog connector for a VGA cable.
It doesn’t matter which option you use, the connection procedure itself is as simple as possible. It consists in the standard connection of wires and corresponding connectors on both devices. As for the TV, in its settings menu, it remains only to select the image output mode via the AV-input.
Connection via additional devices
You can use additional devices to link your iPhone to your TV. Most often used:
- Google Chromecast;
- Apple TV.
Google Chromecast allows you to connect a TV and an iOS device. Externally, the device resembles a USB flash drive. Chromecast connects to a mobile device via a cable, and to a TV via an HDMI port. Thanks to Khromkast, you can watch movies, run games, and surf the Internet. No special knowledge of setting up the device is required.
Apple TV is a multimedia player. To configure the device, you must sequentially perform the following steps:
- Turn on your TV and Apple TV receiver;
- Switch TV to signal input;
- The device interface will appear on the screen. It is recommended to recheck the settings;
- Connect iPhone to your home network using a wireless connection.
After that, all devices will be synced. It remains only to transfer any video files or graphic images to the TV.
To solve this problem, you need to additionally purchase an Apple Digital AV Adapter. This adapter has an HDMI connector. When you have all the components in your hands, you can connect them to the phone and TV.
First you need to turn off your iPhone, as well as your TV. Now you can connect the wire. One end plugs into the TV (the connector is located on the side or back). The other end connects to the adapter, which in turn needs to be connected to Lightning.
When the wire is connected to both devices, you can turn on the TV and iPhone. In most cases, devices are detected and configured automatically. After finding the TV, the Mirroring option is activated. Thanks to this function, the image is transmitted to the TV screen.
Sometimes there are cases when the connection cannot be configured in automatic mode. If this happens, you need to do everything manually:
- The iPhone needs to enable data transfer via HDMI. The parameter is enabled in the settings;
- On the TV, you need to turn on the signal source. HDMI;
- Wait 10-15 seconds.
After that, the image will be transferred to the TV screen. It should be noted that this type of connection allows you to transfer not only the image, but also the sound to the TV display.
Broadcast via analog cable
You can display the image from the iPhone on the TV screen using an analog cable. Such a wire is popularly known as the “Tulip”. The disadvantage of this connection method is that it is impossible to transmit high-definition video through an analog cable.
You can connect to TV using one of the following wires:
- VGA cable.
So how do you connect your iPhone to your TV via composite wire? It’s simple, the “bells” are inserted into the TV, and the remaining end of the wire into the mobile device. With such a connection, the TV does not need to be set up, it is enough to turn on AV, and you need to turn on “Mirroring” in the phone. The function can be found in the settings.
With iPhone version 4 and above, the picture can be transferred to the TV using a component cable. The connection principle does not differ from the composite one. One end is inserted into a mobile device and the other into a TV.
The VGA cable is more complicated. To connect such a wire to a mobile device, you need to purchase an Apple Lightning VGA adapter. It should be noted that in this way you can connect iPhones version 5 and higher.
How to connect iPhone to TV
A device like the iPhone is becoming more popular every year. That is why the developers are doing everything to ensure that the device meets the expectations of buyers. Mobile device owners sometimes wonder how to connect an iPhone to a TV. In fact, there are several ways to connect:
- Using wireless communication;
- Via HDMI cable;
- Through an analog cable;
- With the help of additional devices;
- Via USB cable.
It should be noted that each method is unique and has its own capabilities. Connecting with some cables only allows you to transfer photos. Other methods allow you to watch movies and run games.
How to transfer an image via USB
It should be noted that you cannot duplicate the contents of the screen of a mobile device to the TV if you synchronize them via the USB interface. The iPhone will act as the storage medium. To connect your iPhone to your TV via USB, you need to use an appropriate cable. It is best to carry out the entire procedure sequentially:
- Disable TV and iPhone;
- Connect the cable to both devices;
- Turn on the TV and then the mobile device.
How to display video on TV screen if devices are synchronized via USB interface? To do this, you will need to use the TV settings. First, go to connected devices and then select video mode. It is important to note that modern TVs are capable of reproducing almost any popular formats.
As you can see from the instructions, it is not difficult to connect an iPhone of any version to a TV via a USB cable. It should be noted that it is also better to disconnect the wire after disconnecting the devices.
Before you start synchronizing your mobile device and TV, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the capabilities of TV. It doesn’t matter which device is used, Samsung or LG, the main thing is that it can connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If your TV supports wireless, you need to set it up. To do this, just go to the settings, and then turn on Wi-Fi. As soon as it is possible to organize the connection of the TV with a local network, you can proceed to the next step.
Users need to connect iPhone to the same local network. To do this, you need to select the appropriate connection in the settings. It is worth considering that you may need to enter a password.
In the next step, you need to launch an application such as Twonky Beam on your smartphone. The program can be downloaded from the Apple Store. When the application is installed and launched, you need to check the box next to the “Show or hide the visual”.
When the iPhone setup is complete, you need to select the video you want to transfer to the TV screen. Now it remains only in the additional menu to select the TV to which the connection will be made. After the inscription “Beaming” appears, the video will be broadcast.
How to display image from iPhone to TV via Wi-Fi?
Another way to enjoy content from your iPhone on TV is to use the Apple TV portable box.
To do this, of course, you will need the set-top box itself, which must be connected to the TV via the HDMI port, as well as to a wireless home Wi-Fi network. Select the appropriate input on your TV and make sure the Apple TV home screen appears.
Check the connection of your smartphone or tablet to the same network as the Apple set-top box.
Start playing the video, for example using the YouTube video app or Safari browser, etc.
Swipe from the bottom of the device screen to open Control Center.
Swipe “Left” and the second page will open. Select your Apple TV device.
Click on the area of the screen outside the Control Center to exit the current settings.
Watch the AirPlay icon in apps. Some apps like BBC iPlayer have their own AirPlay icon. Just click on it and select a device for transferring media information (streaming video).
How to connect iPhone to TV?
For a long time we considered the issue of connecting the phone to the TV and transferring the image in “Online” mode to a large TV display. This tutorial is more suitable for Android gadgets. You can read about it here. How to Display iPhone Videos on the Big Screen? What’s the best way to connect my iPad and iPhone to TV?
If you have an iPad or iPhone and are looking for the best way to connect your iPhone to your home display, you’ve come to the right place! This article has everything you need to know about pairing your TV with Apple devices, mirroring or streaming your iPhone display to the high definition of your favorite TV.
The procedure for pairing multiple devices is very easy and even useful. For example, if you have an iPad Pro with an ultra-large 12.9-inch display, you will get a lot more positive emotions from viewing photos and playing videos on a large TV screen than on a tablet.
Is it possible to connect iPhone to TV via USB?
Perhaps the easiest way to get your iPhone to TV is to use a Lightning to HDMI adapter. It is inappropriate to use a USB adapter to pair your smartphone with a TV. most modern TVs have at least several HDMI ports for connecting external multimedia devices.
Using an AV adapter couldn’t be easier:
Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter port and the other end into an available TV port.
Connect the adapter to your device (iPhone or iPad).
If possible, additionally connect the charging cable to the AV adapter.
Turn on your TV and make sure it is set to display information from the HDMI jack. To do this, carefully read the instructions for the device. On our Samsung, this is the “Source” button. After clicking on it, an additional menu pops up, with a choice of the source of information display. After you have selected the appropriate settings in the TV menu, the iPhone or iPad home screen will appear on the TV monitor.
Start playing a video or viewing a photo on your device. The current iPhone image will disappear and the video will play in full resolution on the TV screen. In the case of the iPad, you will see information that indicates that the device is currently connected to your home TV.
Now you can go to the settings of the control center, and select the “Exit” video in order for the specific (information) from your iPhone to be sent to the TV.
IPhone Screen Mirroring to Sony TV or Mirroring
Sometimes, you cannot watch streaming video from applications or the Internet on TV. AirPlay support is determined by software developers, unfortunately, not everyone uses this feature when creating applications or games.
In this case, you can work around this problem by using mirroring. By activating this function, you can transfer the entire iPad / iPhone screen in real time “Online”. Just swipe up to expand the control center and select the AirPlay option to bring up the menu, then select AppleTV.
To view photos or videos on your home TV, open the Photos app, click the Share button. Select the photos you want to show by clicking on each one until a blue circle with a white arrow appears. Then select AirPlay from the pop-up menu, and confirm the AppleTV selection. Each photo will appear individually on the TV screen. You can also set the display of selected photos as a slideshow.
To play music stored on your iPhone on your home device, select the track, album, or playlist you want to listen to. Reopen Control Center and activate AirPlay.
Apple TV offers you flexible customization to display information from your device on the TV screen without additional adapters. Better yet, there is no need to be near the TV all the time. Your gadget will only be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV?
How do you connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV? Share your solution in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев to this tutorial.
To protect your smartphone display from falling, we advise you to use premium protective glass for iPhone 6 from Benks. Tempered glass has rounded edges using 3D technology and covers the entire front surface of the device.
How to connect iPhone to Apple TV with your own hands?
First of all, it should be said about the requirements. To connect your device to the TV, you need to have:
3rd generation Apple TV and software version 6.0 or later.
iPhone with iOS 7 or newer (iPad, iPod will also work).
We connect the Apple TV device to the TV, as well as to the power source. Waiting for the setup screen to appear.
How To Screen Mirroring Share iPhone With Smart TV
Next, we take our device with iOS 7 and turn on Bluetooth communication, as well as Wi-Fi.
Attach the iOS device to Apple TV and wait until prompts appear on both screens.
On iOS, you need to enter your Apple ID, password.
Next, on iOS, a window will pop up asking you to save the password. We can safely click “Yes”.
After that, Apple TV will start the configuration process, we just have to wait.
Once the settings are complete, Apple TV is ready to use.!
How to connect iPhone 6 to TV
If you became the owner of an iPhone, you are very lucky, because now you have many opportunities and boundaries. Your phone contains many functions and programs that will greatly facilitate your life. Today, we will tell you how you can connect an iPhone to an Apple TV, or rather, how to connect a phone to a TV.
Connecting iPhone to TV: Overview of Methods
There are many situations where the familiar but small iPhone screen just isn’t enough. For example, we want to showcase our photos to friends, enjoy a movie in full, or present slides of a presentation to our colleagues. If there is a TV with a large diagonal nearby, we can easily use it for these purposes.
There are the following types of connections between iPhone and TV: wired (using an HDMI cable) and wireless (with Apple TV and Wi-Fi). The choice of the algorithm of actions depends on the preferences of the user, his budget, as well as device models.
Lighting HDMI adapter
Thanks to its ultra-portability, the Digital AV Adapter guarantees a minimum of space and time to connect. Since the presented adapter is not capable of displaying a “raw” HDMI signal through a cable, the signal will be converted and this may lead to a slight loss of quality.
If you need to connect on the go (in a hotel room or office, for example), the Digital AV HDMI Adapter Cable is definitely a good choice. It doesn’t require any Wi-Fi setup and easily connects to any HDMI device. All you need to do is:
- Connect the adapter first to the phone and then to the TV using any HDMI cable;
- iPhone will automatically detect the new screen and play photos, videos and other content on it.
Комментарии и мнения владельцев: 4
I watched how to turn off the TV on the iPhone in social. networks vidyuhi and now writes that connecting the TV how to disconnect.
How did you watch TV on iPhone? Through the app? Which one exactly?
3 Ways to Screen Mirror iPhone to Any TV (No Apple TV Required)
Hello! You can watch that on iPhone if you are a client of any Internet TV provider. Download the supplier’s application and fill in the username and password from the TV set-top box. Voila, watch the channels for which you paid the supplier. (You can take the username and password from a friend from his set-top box and use it yourself )
Or you can watch video from iPhone on TV via WI-FI Apple router?
Download the file on the iPhone using the link
Apple TV: Connect iPhone to TV at Home
If you intend to connect your phone at home, then we recommend that you choose Apple TV, a special set-top box from Apple that significantly expands the multimedia capabilities of all your devices. Apple TV lets you:
- Control the process of controlling the TV wirelessly, without limiting yourself to a short HDMI cable;
- Play media files stored on your computer, local file storage or from the Internet (after installing special software);
- Use the AirPlay function, which realizes the broadcast of photos and videos directly from your devices without the need to copy to a computer or other stationary storage.
Apple TV receives signals from AirPlay and acts as a bridge between mobile i-devices connected to this technology and a regular TV. The media player itself connects to the TV using an HDMI cable and connects to the existing Wi-Fi network. Its initial setup takes about 10 minutes, and after that iPhone can connect to Apple TV in no time.
- Make sure iPhone and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Start playing any audio or video content on iPhone.
- Open the control center (slide your finger across the display from bottom to top);
- Click “AirPlay” and select “Apple TV”.
- The video from the iPhone screen will be transferred to the TV screen.
Alternatively, you can use AirPlay Mirroring to display an exact 1: 1 copy of your iPhone display on a large screen. When choosing this option, it should be noted that it is not suitable for iPhones below the fourth model, and also incompatible with the first generation of Apple TV media players.
Using the DNLA protocol
After installation, the user needs to start the streaming mode in the application and send a test video. When launched, the program will start looking for compatible devices. If the “Network” mode is activated on the TV in the corresponding DNLA-client, then the devices will see each other, and the TV-screen will start playing the video sent from the iPhone.
In the established connection, reverse data exchange is also possible. Through the application on the TV, the user can access the information stored in the memory of the mobile phone, access to which is appropriately configured in the AllCast program on the iPhone.
You can also connect an Apple gadget to the panel through a multi-component high-definition interface: in modern TV models, there is at least one such connector. HDMI. To connect the plug to your smartphone, you need a special adapter from Apple.
For 4 series phones, this is a Digital AV Adapter, and for 5, 5s / c devices, a digital AV-Adapter Lightning.
Further, the synchronization process is quite simple: devices are turned off, cables are connected to the TV panel and to the phone via the Lightning connector. If the phone does not have a micro-HDMI jack, it is permissible to use a micro-USB-HDMI signal converter. After turning on the devices, the necessary settings are made automatically, but in case of an error, this will have to be done manually. To do this, activate “HDMI” as a signal source on each device. If the synchronization is successful, the picture from the smartphone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Four Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
Smartphones are no longer a luxury, but an essential attribute for both students and employees of various companies. New generation phones have excellent technical characteristics: large memory capacity, wide multimedia capabilities, high screen resolution. One of the notable features is the synchronization of gadgets with TVs, which allows you to display various files on a wide screen, such as videos from an iPhone. Let’s consider the main ways how to connect an “apple” smartphone. iPhone. to a TV.
Proprietary AirPlay streaming video technology
Smart TV manufacturers take into account the desire of mobile device owners to watch streaming video. Models from brands such as Samsung and Philips are equipped with AirPlay support directly from the factory via built-in software: MirrorCast and AirScreen, respectively. This approach determines the stable operation of the communication channel and the optimal stream transmission speed. To use AirPlay technology on Smart-TVs of other brands, you need to look for suitable third-party software
Important! To connect the iPhone to the TV “over the air”, it is necessary that the devices work in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the desired application on the TV. If the program provides a synchronization option, activate the mode.
- On the iPhone, enter the Home app, and wait for the gadget to detect TV as an external display.
- Register the found device in the app.
The AirPlay pairing protocol provides the following:
- high quality streaming video transmission;
- duplicating iPhone images on the TV screen;
- desktop extension.
Connection via AppleTV set-top box
The branded Smart-set-top box AppleTV will allow you to connect your iPhone wirelessly to a regular TV. The device takes on the role of an intermediary, as it is equipped with support for the proprietary data exchange protocol “over the air” AirPlay. In such a wireless pairing, the set-top box receives video streams from the iPhone, and it redirects the broadcast to the TV connected to it via the cable interface.
For the first pairing of an iPhone with a TV in tandem with an AppleTV, the following manipulations are required.
- The AppleTV set-top box must be physically connected to the TV with the appropriate interface.
- The iPhone must have the STB management utility installed.
- To set up pairing, the application starts the “Screen Repeat” mode.
- The smartphone starts looking for a set-top box working in the home Wi-Fi network.
- When the device is found, you should click on the name and in the opened connection confirmation window enter the code displayed on the TV-screen.
Important! In further communication sessions, device synchronization will be established automatically.
The WI-FI module built into the Smart TV will allow you to connect without using wires and additional devices. This is by far the most convenient method of syncing and transferring information from one device to another.