How to connect an iPhone to a wireless TV
Maybe you don’t have these adapters or cables at home. Or are you tired of connecting or disconnecting your iPhone. Remember, you can connect your iPhone via Wi-Fi. AirPlay is a really good helper.
If you have an Apple TV or a TV that supports AirPlay, your iPhone’s content can easily be mirrored to your TV. Just follow the instructions below. But make sure your iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then your iPhone will be connected to Apple TV and you can mirror all things from iPhone to Apple TV.
What are the benefits of USB connection
Unlike parallel ports, USB ports have advantages when connecting a device to a TV. The following points can be seen as benefits.
- If we talk about speed, then the maximum data transfer rate reaches 4 megabits per second. While USB 3.0 can handle transfers at up to 5Gbps, which is 1200x faster than parallel ports.
- USB ports can carry more power than parallel ports. Devices charge faster when using USB ports.
- USB ports are more compatible than parallel ports as USB ports can support more than 128 devices.
3 Best Way to Connect iPhone to TV with USB Charger
How to set up iPhone 3G to play movies and photos through LCD TV? I have one of the cords that goes to the bottom of the iPhone, has a USB, and has 3 colored pieces on the end. So how do I set this up? What parts have I inserted into the TV to make it work? How can I watch my iPhone’s content on an HD TV using only an HDMI cable? How to connect iPhone to TV’s service port via USB?
For many reasons, you can connect your iPhone to your TV via USB. You can simply enjoy your movies or share your images stored on your iPhone on your big screen TV. Or you’ve made a complex slideshow and want to show it on TV to give your girlfriend a birthday or surprise. Whatever the reason, what matters now is how to properly connect your iPhone to your TV via USB. In this post, we are going to walk you through three easy ways to connect your iPhone to a TV with / without a USB cable.
How to connect iPhone to TV via USB
The easy way to connect your iPhone to your TV. Use an Apple Digital AV Adapter and HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) cable. This method is available for all types of TVs including Sanyo TV, LG TV, Samsung TV, Element TV, Panasonic TV, Sony TV, Vizio TV, etc.
Now the contents of your iPhone can appear on your TV. You can watch videos or view photos on your TV by accident.
- Transfer iPhone / Android data such as contacts, videos, music and more between iOS and Android.
- Back up files from mobile phones to computer or vice versa.
- Sync any files from iPhone to iPhone or Android to Android.
- Move Data from iPhone to Android or Android to iPhone.
- Fully compatible with iPhone 12/11 / XS / XR / X / 8/7/6/5/4.
How to connect iPhone to TV using Chromecast
If you are using a Google Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra streaming device, you can easily show your iPhone on TV. This provides the best way to get 4K video on your TV. While your iPhone screen cannot be displayed on TV using Chromecast, you can use your iPhone to watch streaming media apps that support Chromecast.
You can follow these steps to connect iPhone to TV.
You can use this method in many apps on your iPhone for DLNA device that has the same apps installed, such as Samsung Smart TV.
Hope you knew how to connect iPhone to TV via USB. You can choose the most suitable way to mirror your iPhone content to the big screen. If you want to manage iPhone files, MobieSync is recommended for iPhone file management and transfer. If you have any better solutions, we would appreciate it if you share them in the comments below.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 (based on 63 votes)
How to connect iPad to TV for big screen content? This page shows four ways to connect iPad to TV using cable, wireless, AirPlay and adapter.
How to watch YouTube on TV? We share methods of watching YouTube on Smart TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast and more.
If iTunes does not recognize your iPhone, iPad or iPod, follow this post to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB driver and fix it.
Professional iPhone / Android data manager and transfer to transfer various files between iOS / Android phone and computer and between two mobile phones in one click.
5 Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
The popularity of TVs without Smart features is dropping extremely quickly. It is not surprising, because every user wants to watch movies online and, if necessary, go to their favorite sites. However, this does not mean that you need to run to an electronics supermarket and buy expensive “smart” equipment.
First, learn how to connect your iPhone to your TV. Such synchronization will significantly improve the functionality of the most ordinary TV:
- Internet surfing;
- online playback of media content;
- video calls via Skype and other similar programs;
- making presentations on the big screen.
This is just a short list of the possibilities that will open after connecting a TV-device to a mobile phone. There are several popular ways to achieve this goal. Let’s consider each of them to determine the most effective.
Without a doubt, the USB cable remains the most versatile solution that allows you to synchronize your phone and TV equipment. The main advantage of this interface is its popularity; such a connector is available on all devices. Therefore, you can easily connect the iPhone to the TV using a USB cable.
Follow the step-by-step instructions:
- We connect via a micro USB cable (30-pin or Lightning. it all depends on the smartphone model) to the TV. Typically the ports are located on the rear or side panel.
- Turn on the TV and go to the settings to select the USB port as the main signal source.
Wait a few seconds for syncing to complete. How to watch iPhone on TV? Unfortunately, this is not possible, to duplicate the image on a large screen, use HDMI. As for the USB interface, it allows you to use your mobile phone as a memory storage device. Therefore, this type of connection is suitable for those who have downloaded media content to their smartphone in advance. You will not be able to launch an application or video game either.
Modern TV models are equipped with a Smart platform, so they are able to connect to the Internet without additional devices either by cable or via Wi-Fi, which can be used to play media content from a smartphone on TV.
It is worth noting that this method remains one of the most practical, since you can do without connecting wires. Also, there is no need to use additional devices.
Connect iPhone to TV as follows:
- There is already a router and a Wi-Fi network, then we just connect the smartphone and TV to the home network.
- If there is no home Wi-Fi network, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function. It allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi without a router. True, not all TV models support it. Activation is done differently depending on the TV model. Often you need to go to the “Applications” section and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” mode. The TV will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you need to connect your iPhone and the password to connect.
When the preparatory work is done, you can connect your iPhone to your TV:
- On the iPhone, we launch the application for playing media content on TV. For example, you can use the following programs: iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. You can download the software from the Apple Store.
- Managing the software is much easier than it might seem at first glance. You just need to select a file for subsequent broadcast on the big screen. Intuitive application interface is a guarantee that you will not have any difficulties.
If you can’t connect your mobile phone to TV equipment via Wi-Fi, use the Google Chromecast device. this is a compact adapter that visually resembles a USB flash drive that must be inserted into the HDMI connector. With its help, you can significantly simplify the setup of a wireless connection with various models of TVs.
Using an HDMI cable
The most popular digital interface today is HDMI, which allows you to synchronize various devices. The advantage of this cable is that it can carry the highest quality digital signal. Therefore, if you plan to watch Full HD video, then connect your TV via HDMI.
Connecting an iPhone to a TV using this principle will be somewhat problematic, since Apple gadgets are equipped with a proprietary Lightning interface. However, all this can be easily solved by purchasing a Digital AV or MiraScreen adapter.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI? To set up your media content to play on the big screen, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
- We connect a previously purchased adapter to the smartphone.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
- The other end of the cord must be connected to the TV by inserting the wire into the appropriate connector. Absolutely all modern models are equipped with such an interface, regardless of the manufacturer.
- Now you need to select a signal source. To do this, go to the menu and select the appropriate section of the settings. Also this parameter can be started by pressing the button of the remote control (usually Source). Be careful, many TVs are equipped with multiple HDMI connectors. Next to the connector itself, its number is usually indicated in small print. select it in the TV menu.
- After the performed actions, the connection will be completed. If you have an iPhone 4 or older model, then instead of the display, only shortcuts for video, audio and photo playback will be displayed. However, this will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to musical compositions.
Setting up a smartphone connection to a TV via HDMI is extremely easy, since you only need to plug the cord into the appropriate connectors, the subsequent synchronization is carried out automatically. If for some reason information is not displayed on the screen, then be sure to go to the TV settings and select HDMI as the main signal source.
Connect with Apple TV
This is another way to wirelessly sync a smartphone and a TV device, however, it will only be possible to implement it if you have previously purchased an Apple TV set-top box.
Pairing devices will work if you use an Apple smartphone not older than the fourth generation. Be sure to install the latest iOS operating system updates before syncing, otherwise you may experience connection problems.
The iPhone is connected to the TV according to the following algorithm:
- We launch the set-top box and connect the TV to it using an HDMI cable.
- We connect iPhone to Apple TV. To do this, connect the devices to the same wireless network or turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and bring it closer to the set-top box. Connection prompts should appear on both screens.
- Double-click the Home button on your iPhone, then select the Volume and Brightness controls section. Or take a long swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- We select “AirPlay” or “Screen repeat”, and then from the list offered, select Apple TV.
- When you click on the set-top box, the “AirPlay Mirroring” switch will open, activate it and wait until the smartphone’s desktop image appears on the TV screen.
You can also synchronize television equipment and a mobile phone in other ways, for example, with tulips. a composite cable that was actively used in the early 2000s. Using this wire today, you can connect an iPhone to a TV. However, you need to understand that you will not be able to view high-resolution videos and photos.
You can connect from a smartphone to a TV using a composite cable using several types of adapters at once. Which adapter should you give preference to? It’s up to you to decide. Much depends on the iPhone model.
- Composite AV cable. 3 plugs (tulips) and one USB input. Suitable for iPhone 4s and older smartphones from Apple.x
- A component AV cable is somewhat similar to a composite cable. The main difference lies in the presence of connectors for synchronizing the image and improving the quality of the transmitted picture. Also suitable for iPhone 3, 4, 4s.
- Lightning VGA adapter. used to connect new models. 5, 5s. The main feature is the presence of a 15-pin analog VGA connector.
Connecting iPhone to TV is a simple procedure that every user can handle. It is enough to simply connect the connectors using a cable; in some situations, additional adapters are used that function as adapters. No special software required to connect iPhone.
Additional software configuration is also not carried out. You just need to open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source.
How to connect?
There are several options for connecting devices.
Connecting using programs
You can also connect your phone to the TV using programs.
The Direct protocol was designed specifically to synchronize multiple gadgets without the need for a router or other additional equipment. To use this pairing method, your TV must be equipped with the desired function.
Consider the pairing process.
- Install Twonky Beam or iMediaShare software on your phone.
- Now open the TV-receiver menu and visit the “Applications” section.
- Wi-Fi Direct must be launched on the mobile device. The program will issue the code that is required for pairing.
- On the mobile phone screen, you need to select a network and enter the previously received code.
Via Apple TV
Using Apple TV is a convenient way to wirelessly pair your equipment. To complete this task, you must use a dedicated Apple TV player.
Also, you can’t do without an HDMI cable. This method is only suitable for mobile devices not older than 4th generation. Such requirements are established by the developers of the Apple TV set-top box.
The proprietary operating system on both devices must be updated to the latest version.
Pairing looks like this:
- turn on the multimedia box;
- connect it to the TV: for this you need to use a wireless Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signal;
- pair your mobile phone with the set-top box;
- on the phone, press the Home button twice;
- the next step is “Controlling volume and brightness”;
- select the AirPlay function;
- in the list of gadgets that opens, you need to find the equipment you need;
- the “Switch to AirPlay Mirroring” mode will appear, it should be activated;
- after a few seconds, the picture will be broadcast from the phone to the TV.
Synchronization via USB cable
This option is very simple and straightforward, while it is somewhat limited in functionality. You can use the cable that comes with your mobile phone.
To pair, you need to proceed step by step.
- One end of the cable must be connected to the TV, and the other to the compact gadget.
- Turn on your TV receiver.
- Go to settings and select the function of displaying the screen of USB devices. The picture should appear automatically.
If you follow the step-by-step instructions exactly, the connection process will be simple and straightforward. To use this option, the TV must have been equipped with DLNA mode.
Follow the instructions below to connect the devices.
- First you need to download and install the Twonky Beam application on your mobile device.
- Go to the settings section. To do this, you need to click once on the gear icon.
- The next option is called “Show or hide visual cues”.
- Now you need to launch your browser. This should be done in the program.
- Using the search box, you need to enter the address of the video and open the file.
- On the right side of the window, you will find a strip. If you click on it, a menu will open.
- Turn on your TV. You need to indicate your model on the smartphone.
- Click on the additional menu again and select the “Play” function.
In this case, the pairing will look like this.
- Launch Twonky Beam software on your mobile device. This application can be embedded in the operating system.
- Open the Hide or Show tab.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, you will find a house-shaped icon. Click on it.
- Select the video file you want to play.
- Turn on the TV.
- Take the phone again and select the desired TV receiver. This is done through the left panel.
To display the image, you can use any of the options.
Check several methods and choose the most suitable one.
The process is intuitive and does not require the purchase of additional accessories or installation of programs.
The method is suitable if the TV from Samsung TV has at least 1 required connector (for example, the 43NU7090 has 2 Eichdiemay ports at once). Where he is exactly located, you can find out by looking in the instructions for the technique or in video reviews dedicated to a specific television model.
AV cable connection
If it is not possible to use the first 2 methods, an analog cable comes to the rescue. True, the image quality may be slightly lower than when synchronizing TV and phone via HDMI or USB.
Nevertheless, the method is working and for its implementation in practice you will need the following cables (one of 3):
- Composite. insert the cable plugs into the RCA TV connector (the “tulips” are multi-colored, so it is unrealistic to get confused when connecting), connect the other end of the cable to the iPhone via the Composite AV Cable adapter. Then go to “Settings”: for TV. activate AV, for phone. enable the option “Mirroring”.
- Component. useful for owners of Apple smart from version 4 and higher. The synchronization process is identical to n.
- VGA. suitable for 5th generation iPhones and newer, allows you to view content on a large screen in HD resolution (up to 1080 p.). Additionally, you need a Lightning to VGA adapter. You need to connect it to the light connector of your phone, then connect to TV via VGA cable. In this case, to output sound, you need a separate channel, for example, a mini jack.
Instructions on how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV: 4 proven ways
Content from a 4.7, 5.8, 6.5-inch or other iPhone can easily be viewed on a large 32-82 ″ TV screen from the Samsung brand. You just need to properly connect your iPhone to your TV. How to do it? Do you need additional accessories? The article discusses the main ways to sync TV from Samsung and an Apple phone.
How to connect
How to connect iPhone (MRY42FS / A for example) to Samsung TV:
- take the wire from the delivery set of the phone;
- connect one end of the cord to the phone;
- the second. to the USB-connector of the TV (see the instructions where it is located).
Synchronization of 2 gadgets occurs automatically. In addition, Smart will also be recharged during such a connection.
Nuance: the iPhone acts as a flash drive, i.e. viewing of online content is not possible. But all the pictures and videos stored in the memory of the gadget can be displayed on the TV screen without any problems.
How to connect
The catch is that Apple’s mobi-gadgets do not have an HDMI connector. The problem is solved by purchasing a special adapter for devices:
- 4th generation. Digital AV Adapter;
- 5, 5S, 6S and newer. AV-Adapter “Lighting”.
Now it’s easy to connect an iPhone like the XR to a Samsung TV: there is a Lightning cable (plug into the phone) on one side of the device, and an HDMI port (plug into a TV) on the other. All. The synchronization process will happen automatically.
Tip: If you have problems with the connection, you can go to TV settings and select HDMI as the signal source.
With this connection option, the so-called. mirroring. that is, everything that shows the smartphone display is duplicated on a large television screen.
This is a small console console. With its help, you can quickly, in high quality, display pictures, videos, games, etc. from a smart, the World Wide Web or iTunes to a large TV screen (in some countries, the system supports the voice control option).
How to connect iPhone to TV using Apple set-top box:
Tip: you can control the set-top box using any Apple mobi gadgets, having previously installed the TV Remote program on them.
The advantages of this method are as follows:
- even an ordinary TV model in tandem with an Apple set-top box turns into “smart” appliances with Smart-functions;
- you can play any content from the iPhone memory or iTunes library on the big screen from Samsung;
- it is convenient to play games using the remote control (any programs can be installed from the App Store and display the picture on the TV screen).
- Apple TV is not a cheap purchase, and you can’t do without a set-top box;
- requires iPhone 4 or newer.
This was the final trick for pairing iPhone TVs. You can choose and try any of them, not forgetting about the “equipment”: wires, adapters, Apple TV.
How to connect iPhone to Smart TV on LG, Samsung, Sony TV
The first method, suitable for all these models, is through the HDMI port. In addition to the HDMI TV cable itself, you will need a Lightning Digital AV adapter hub. Immediately after connecting the phone and TV, the setting is automatic, you just need to confirm the actions. This connection is reliable and suitable for broadcasting streaming video, mirroring what is happening on your screen. For work, in the TV menu, select the HDMI connection method.
The next cable connection is via the USB connector. In this case, connection and configuration also occurs without any problems. You need to connect the iPhone to a Sony TV, or any other brand via a regular USB cable, it is important that on one side it has a Lightning connector. Synchronization in this way occurs automatically without any complications. For further work in the TV menu, select the USB connection method and enjoy.
Why connect iPhone to Smart TV
The very fact of having an iPhone and a TV with Smart TV is already a reason to connect one with the other, and it doesn’t matter what you end up broadcasting; audio files, videos from YouTube, content from iTunes or show photos and videos from the latest adventures. Or decide to play your favorite game on the big screen.
To connect your iPhone to your TV, you can use one of the existing methods. Let’s conditionally divide them into wired and wireless. Since in one case we will have to physically connect the smartphone to the TV using a wire, and in others no wires, in any case, we will not need between the phone and the TV.
How to connect iPhone to TV via Wi-Fi
If we talk about wireless methods, then the iPhone always has at least plus one method here. Almost all modern TVs with Smart TVs support Apple AirPlay technology.
To connect an iPhone to a Samsung, LG, Sony TV, hereinafter we are talking about new models, you need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then on the TV go to “Settings”, “General”, “Apple AirPlay Settings”, put the switch to enable mode.
5 Ways to Screen Mirror iPhone to Samsung TV (No Apple TV Required)
After that, when streaming on the iPhone, a corresponding shortcut will appear, clicking on which the video or image will be displayed on the TV screen.
In order to duplicate the smartphone screen, pull the shutter down and select “Duplicate Screen”. We choose an Apple TV device or TV. After that, everything that happens on the phone screen will be displayed on the TV.
If you use Apple TV for broadcasting, then you can’t do without an iOS device for presetting. After you have connected the TV and the set-top box, make sure that all participants in the process are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Next, select “Configure manually”, activate the iPhone and bring it to the console and then follow the instructions on the screen. After such a procedure, your TV will follow any commands on your smartphone.
Apple is constantly working to expand its network of loyal brands. And also on the perfection of its software product, more and more blurring the boundaries between iOS, TVOS, macOS. The company strives to ensure that all products work as a single hardware and software organism.
AirPlay 2 compatible
Not all Samsung TVs support AirPlay 2, but over the years more and more Samsung offerings on the market support this feature out of the box. Samsung has been offering AirPlay 2 support on select TVs since 2018. Here is a list of all Samsung TVs that are AirPlay 2 compatible:
- 2018: Smart Full HDTV N5300, 4K UHD TV, QLED 4K, Frame TV
- 2019: Frame TV, Serif TV, 4K UHD TV, 8K and 4K QLED TV
- 2020: TVs Crystal UHD, Premiere Projector, Frame TV, Serif TV, TVs 8K and 4K QLED
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV
If you live in the Apple ecosystem, streaming from iPhone to Apple TV seems obvious, but did you know that you can also stream content from your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung TV? Select Samsung TVs from 2018 support AirPlay 2, which allows you to stream TV shows, movies, music, photos and more to your Samsung TV with the push of a button. Here’s how to connect your iPhone to a Samsung TV.
Adjusting AirPlay Settings
If you want to fine-tune AirPlay 2 on your Samsung TV, go to the Settings menu on your TV, select General, and then Apple AirPlay Settings. In this menu, you can turn AirPlay on or off, and choose whether the connection requires you to enter a code for increased security. Finally, if you need ancillary services such as subtitles or subtitles, you can choose whether these settings are enabled by default and customize their overall appearance.
Connect iPhone via AirPlay 2
First, make sure your Samsung TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone. Follow these steps to play AirPlay content, and if you need help, we recommend visiting the Samsung Support Site for more information on your specific TV model.
AirPlay (video and audio)
On iPhone, swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center.
Click the Screen Mirroring button.
Click Samsung TV option presented.
When prompted, enter the code shown on your Samsung TV.
How to connect iphone to Samsung TV
In this video tutorial, I will talk about the simplest and fastest way to display images from an iPhone / iPad to a TV screen. You will be able to view photos, watch movies and play games on your TV screen. We will not use third-party paid applications or complex connection schemes. The instruction is universal for all TVs that support the Smart TV function. In this video, I will show you how to display images from iPhone / iPad on Samsung and LG TV screens.
If you use Apple TV, then everything is simple, a couple of clicks and images on the screen to which the set-top box is connected. If there is no prefix, then problems begin. It seems so at first glance, but there is really nothing complicated.
Consider the easiest way to connect, without paid applications and dancing with a tambourine. Let’s start connecting to a Samsung TV. We need to connect our TV and phone to the same Wi-FI network with internet access. Turn on the TV, use the “home” button on the remote control to open the Smart hub menu, use the left arrow on the remote control to go to the settings item and press the “ok” button on the remote control. We went into the settings. Using the down arrow, it goes down to the “General” item and press the “ok” button on the remote control. By default, we have selected the “Network” item, press the “ok” button on the remote control. We go down to the item “Open network settings” and press the “ok” button on the remote control. The TV will offer two connection options: wired and wireless. At the point “wireless”, press the “ok” button on the remote control. And we select your home Wi-FI network, in my case the network is called kak-sdelat, it is connected, there is a check mark next to it. When you connect, you may be asked for a password from the Wi-FI network, use the keyboard to enter the password. The network is selected and connected, press the “ok” button on the remote control. The message “wireless connection completed!
The TV is connected to the Internet. ”The TV is set up. Let’s start setting up iPhone. On iPhone / iPad, go to “settings” and go to the Wi-FI section. Choose your home Wi-FI network and connect. My phone is connected to a Wi-FI network called kak-sdelat. The phone is connected to the same network as the TV. Please note that for everything to work, both the phone and the TV must be connected to the same Wi-FI network. Many people cannot display the phone screen due to the fact that the phone is connected via Wi-FI, and the TV is connected with an Ethernet network cable. Please pay attention to this, if the TV is connected with an Ethernet network cable, you need to change the connection method to wireless. Having prepared the phone and TV, let’s start connecting the phone to the TV. We turn on the TV. On iPhone, I swipe in the lower left corner of the screen, in newer models I swipe from the upper right corner of the screen. We have opened the “Control Center”, click on the button “screen repeat”. A Samsung TV has appeared in the list, click on it and wait for the connection. A code may appear on the TV screen, you need to enter it on your phone. After connecting, the phone’s desktop will appear on the TV screen. As I said, everything is simple and fast. The response time on the TV screen is fast enough with no lag. You probably ask, why connect the phone to the TV?
I’ll tell you now. You will be able to view photos. We go to the photo section on the phone, and open the photos, they open in full screen on the TV. Agree, it is convenient to show photos to relatives and friends in good quality on TV, and not watch them on your phone. It is very convenient and you do not need to copy anything to a USB flash drive. Also, we can broadcast videos from the YouTube application to the TV screen. We open YouTube applications, and select any video. Images are broadcast to the screen along with sound. You can also broadcast videos from social networks. We go to the applications. and open the video. The video appeared on the TV screen, we can adjust the volume on the TV using the phone. The video is displayed vertically, to change the video orientation to horizontal, turn the phone over to a horizontal position and the video will fill the entire TV screen. When we hold the phone upright, the video automatically changes orientation. It is also convenient to stream music from the YouTube Music app. We go into applications, select a song or clip, and it is displayed on the TV screen. When you change the orientation to horizontal, the video will fill the entire TV screen. You can stream any apps, games, personal videos, and more. You can go to your phone browser, turn on movies and also broadcast them to your TV. To turn off the broadcast, I swipe on the iPhone in the lower left corner of the screen and click on the active Samsung button, in the window that appears, click “stop replay” and the phone will disconnect from the TV. With the Samsung TV, sorted it out. Moving on to LG TV.
On the LG TV, go to the menu, press the gear on the remote. Using the arrows down, we go down to the item “Network” and press “ok” on the remote control. The TV is connected via a wired Ethernet cable. Go to the item “Connections to the Wi-FI network” and press “ok” on the remote control. In the list of available Wi-FI networks, select the home network, in my case it is the kak-sdelat network, and press “ok” on the remote control. A checkmark appeared next to the Wi-FI kak-sdelat network, which means we are connected. You may be asked for a password, you will need to enter it to connect. We see that an inscription appeared near WI-FI, connected to the Internet. The TV was prepared. Let’s prepare the phone. On iPhone / iPad, go to “settings” and go to the Wi-FI section. Choose your home Wi-FI network, if the phone is not connected, we connect. I have my phone connected to a Wi-FI network called kak-sdelat. The network is the same as we connected on our LG TV, everything is ready, let’s connect our phone. On iPhone, I swipe in the lower left corner of the screen, in newer models I swipe from the upper right corner of the screen. We have opened the “Control Center”, click on the button “screen repeat”. Samsung and LG TVs will appear in the list (we have already connected Samsung, it remained in the list). Select LG TV from the list. Before connecting, the TV may ask for a password code for connection, which must be entered on the phone. I enter the code 1218 on the phone and press “ok”. We are waiting for connection. After connecting, the phone’s desktop will appear on the TV screen. Let’s test it. Everything is the same as on a Samsung TV. We can stream videos from YouTube app to TV screen. Open the YouTube application, and select any video. The image is broadcast on the TV screen along with sound. We can pause the video. We go to the photo section on the phone, and open the photos, they open in large size on your TV, it is convenient to show photos to relatives and friends in good quality on TV, and not look on the phone. Agree, it’s very convenient and you don’t need to copy anything to a USB flash drive. You can also broadcast videos from social networks. We go to the applications. and open the video. The video appeared on the TV screen, we turn the phone over, and the orientation of the video changes to horizontal (full screen of the TV), we can adjust the volume on the TV using the phone. To turn off the broadcast, I swipe on the iPhone in the lower left corner of the screen and click on the active button of the LG TV, in the window that appears, click “stop replay” and the phone will disconnect from the TV.
Now I’ll tell you about the coolest feature. On the iPhone, I swipe in the lower left corner of the screen, and the TVs that you have already connected to the phone will appear in the window that appears. Choose the TV you want, I’ll choose Samsung. And even if it’s off, it will automatically turn on.
As promised, everything is simple and fast. If you still have questions, write them in the comments below the video. I hope you enjoyed the video. And that’s all for me, see you in the next issues.
Video. How to connect iPhone / iPad to TV? WITHOUT Apple TV and APPs
Is it possible to duplicate the screen via Bluetooth?
Yes, Bluetooth sync is available now. For this, it is important that both devices support the specified module.
Video TV Cast Samsung TV
Google Cast for TV is a technology that allows you to transfer video content, graphics, audio and other information from smartphones, computers and tablets, naturally, if Android is installed on them, without the help of aids. In order for the transfer process to take place, it is advisable to have a device that supports the Google Cast application and can wirelessly connect to an Android TV.
If Smart TV works on a different system, this does not mean that the application cannot be connected. It just takes more effort and money to find and buy a Chromecast adapter. In addition, the connection will be impossible without Internet access, preferably via a Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via USB
There is a USB cable in almost every home, and today almost all modern TVs are produced with such a connector. Therefore, just connect them together, and select the playback format on the phone.
Synchronization of devices opens up certain opportunities for the user:
- expansion of the usual functionality;
- online content playback;
- setting the quality of the clips being played;
- games on the big screen with good graphics;
- calls via Skype, Viber, Zoom, etc.
- listening to audio compositions;
- viewing photos and any components of the explorer.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV: Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI, programs
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV? Regardless of what screen your mobile has, its diagonal clearly does not surpass the TV. On TV, it is more convenient to watch TV shows, films, use the 3D option, and so on. For the owners of modern phones of an American company, several channels of contact with technology are available: Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI, third-party programs.
Screen Mirror for Samsung
Screen Mirroring mirrors the screen of your Samsung smartphone or tablet to your Samsung TV wirelessly. Everything you do on your smartphone or tablet will be displayed on your TV. Supports this utility Samsung N, M, Q, LS, K, J, F-series.
AirPay (screen replay)
Another method that will help you duplicate the iPhone screen on your Samsung Smart TV is using AirPay. For streaming content or sharing visual content, it is sufficient to adhere to this guide:
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
- make sure both devices support AirPay technology;
- connect to one access point, and make sure that the Internet is stable;
- find and open the recording you want to play via AirPay;
- click on the TV icon;
- select a device;
- confirm action.
Special programs for connecting iPhone to Samsung TV
If the built-in capabilities are not enough for debugging, then you can use third-party programs. They also effectively cope with the task of connecting the device and transferring content to the big screen.
Using analog cables for connection
A rarer way to connect a smartphone is to use the VGA interface. With its help, you can connect old TV models to your smartphone, which do not yet have new types of connectors.
For such devices, you will need to purchase a Digital AV adapter for synchronization, as well as a VGA cable or an AV cable. Connection is carried out according to the following instructions:
- The AV cable has three types of connectors: they differ in color for easy connection. The connectors are installed in the TV sockets with the corresponding markings.
- The other end of the wire through the adapter is connected to the smartphone.
- Additionally, a charger is connected via the Lightning connector, which is responsible for supplying the smartphone with energy in the process of synchronous work with the TV.
- Additionally, with such a connection, you will need to output an audio signal through a separate channel. To do this, you need to use a special connector, for example, MiniJack.
There is no need to install special applications if you connect your smartphone to the TV just for playing audio recordings. The devices are connected to each other using a standard audio cable, as a result, the audio signal is transmitted to the TV and played through its speakers. This will allow you to listen to your favorite music in high sound quality at an acceptable volume.
Basic ways to connect a smartphone to a TV
Both wired and wireless techniques can be used to connect an iPhone to a full-screen TV. The first type is the most affordable, as it is suitable even for old TV models that did not yet have a Wi-Fi module. However, wireless communication is much more convenient, there are no unnecessary difficulties with the connection. Each option has its own advantages, you can decide on the most suitable method depending on the characteristics of a particular TV model.
Let’s consider how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV, in more detail, we will determine the main advantages and disadvantages of each method.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV via USB
Another common option is to connect your TV to your smartphone or iPad using a USB cable. A socket for it is present on almost every TV model, usually it is located on the back or side panel. The connection is as simple as possible: you need to connect the cable to the smartphone and to the TV, wait until the synchronization is complete.
However, the resulting connection cannot be used to display an image from the network online. Connecting via the USB port makes it possible to use the smartphone only as a storage device, on which you need to download the required files in advance in order to then play them on the TV. Also, this option is suitable for viewing photos and videos that are filmed by the user using the camera.
You can try to get around this limitation using a special Jailbreak utility. it is installed from unofficial sources and opens access to the iPhone file system. As a result, the usability of the smartphone expands, but it is difficult to guarantee that it will work stably. When installing applications from unofficial sources, the user loses the right to service and repair the smartphone under warranty.
Many owners of TV sets without Smart TV functions are interested in whether the iPhone can be connected to a Samsung TV. Connecting a smartphone makes Internet TV available, that is, the ability to play video files on the screen online. Devices can be connected to each other in various ways: via WI-FI, via cables, special applications and set-top boxes. The choice of method depends on the TV model and its capabilities, as well as on the user’s readiness for additional costs. Let’s take a closer look at why and how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV.
Benefits of connecting a TV to a smartphone
Smart TV is a “smart” functionality that allows you to use the TV not only as a channel receiver, but also as a full-fledged computer through which you can go online, surf the Internet or watch any video. However, these same functions will be available even for older TVs if they are properly connected to a modern mobile phone. Smartphones from Apple do not lose popularity due to the rich set of possibilities, with their help you can work with various types of content.
It’s worth connecting your iPhone to your Samsung Smart TV to add a whole host of new features:
- View videos on the big screen in high quality. The small screen of the smartphone is not very convenient, despite the high resolution and clarity of the picture. Connecting to a TV will allow you to enjoy watching your favorite movies, even small details can be clearly seen on the screen.
- Video communication using a large screen. On iPhone, you can install Skype and other types of popular instant messengers for constant contact with friends and family.
- Remote videoconferencing and other business events. Large diagonal screen provides professional-quality video calling, which is convenient to use if the TV is installed in the office.
- View photos and videos captured with your phone camera.
There are several ways to display an image from the display of a mobile device on a Samsung TV screen, each of them has its own pros and cons.
A Wi-Fi connection is the easiest way to connect two different devices. No need to stretch wires through the living area, there will be no unnecessary inconveniences.
You can put either the original AllShare TV-Cast application, which was developed specifically for Samsung TVs, on your mobile phone, or its convenient analogue, for example, you can choose iMediaShare. This is one of the most popular and demanded applications of this type.
To ensure that devices communicate, you need to make sure they are connected to a wireless network via a router or Wi-Fi Direct. On the TV, it is advisable to initially update the firmware to the latest version, this will ensure the correct operation of the application. To send a video file for playback from the TV screen, you need to select it from the list and send it through the application. The synchronized device will receive the signal and initiate the start.
Sometimes the question arises of how to connect a Samsung TV via an iPhone, if a Wi-Fi module was not yet provided in the old model. In this case, an HDMI cable connection is a good solution. It connects to the corresponding connector and is used to transmit a video signal to display a picture on a television screen.
This wired connection allows you to stream video files with the highest picture quality: from Full HD to Ultra HD 8K. Since there is no such connector on the iPhone itself, you will need to purchase a special adapter adapter. Its type depends on the model of the smartphone used:
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV?
The cable is connected to the corresponding connector, the other end is connected to the smartphone. After that, automatic synchronization starts, no additional settings need to be made. You will only need to manually complete the configuration if errors occur. In the TV menu, you need to specify the cable as the main input source for playback.