Why connect PSP to PC?
So really Get the opportunity:
- Transfer. Music, movies, pictures and other content from PC to console;
- Charge PSP from computer.
It will also help in the question of how to display the image from the PSP on the computer screen. But there is a nuance here: you also need to install plugins, for example, RemoteJoyLite.
In this case, it is not necessary to load third-party programs. Everything you need to do to connect THESE two devices is described below.
This requires a cord, which is supplied with a portable set-top box (mini USB).
Next. step by step how to connect a PSP to a laptop or PC:
- Enable both devices.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the computer, the other to the game console (The corresponding connector in the PSP is usually located at the top of the device).
- Go to the mini-set-top box menu, go to “Settings”. “USB Connection”.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the “X” button on the device body.
- An icon will appear on the computer (at the bottom of the taskbar), indicating that new hardware has been detected.
If everything went well, then in the PC section “My Computer” the PSP will be reflected as an ordinary USB flash drive, to which and from which you can transfer the necessary files.
Connection via memory card
The process is not very different from using a USB stick. The main problem is the lack of a suitable connector. For example, laptops have slots for SD or microSD cards, but this is rarely seen on PCs. Therefore, here you need an additional device. a card reader.
What do we have to do:
- Remove flash card from PSP (as standard, the connector is located in the lower left corner of the device).
- Insert it into the card reader.
- Connect device to PC using USB connector.
- Go to PC in the “Start”. “Computer”. “Removable Device”.
It remains to be named according to the discovered device, open it and transfer games, movies or audio content to a flash card. All! All that remains is to insert it back into the PSP.
How to Connect PSP to Computer via USB: 2 Proven Ways
You can quickly update your collection of games or audio content on your PSP quite SIMply: Using a USB cable or via a flash card. The methods are SIMple, but it is worth dealing with each separately in order to avoid connection problems. How to properly connect your PSP to a computer via a flash card or USB port is described below.
What is PSP?
The device is a mini-version of the well-known “playstation” (for example, PlayStation 4 Pro 1Tb), only in portable form. The device has an LCD screen and a powerful chipset to cope with any multimedia tasks. An analog joystick and buttons on the body are provided to control the gadget.
PSP is used to be on the road or at home:
- Play your favorite toys (alone or online);
- Listen to music or watch a movie;
- Read a book;
- Flip through the FB feed or google something.
The capabilities of the portable set-top box depend on the device model.
How to connect PSP to computer
There are two ways here: using a USB cable or through a flash card. How to do it in practice? Step by step instructions. below.
What to do if the computer does not see the PSP
The following will help in this situation:
- Checking the functionality of the USB port. You need to find out if other gadgets work when connected to a PC through this connector.
- Inspect the cable itself for damage. The cord may be damaged, so file transfer will not take place. If the integrity of the wire sheath is broken, it is better to use the second one. Also, a non-original cable may interfere with the connection between the PC and PSP.
- Reinstall drivers. This is the last mayor that you can do yourself, without going to the master.
How the drivers are reinstalled:
Last tip: PSP should be connected to the ports that are located on the back of the PC system unit (for example, 10TV004BRU) or to the ports on the motherboard.
Which way to choose in summary? Both methods are working. But to connect a PC and PSP via a flash card, you will also need an adapter device (if the NK is not equipped with a suitable slot for SD cards). When connected via USB You can not only transfer the necessary information to the console, but also solve the problem of how to play PSP on a computer (although you will also need to install a special plug-in here).
- We go into the properties of the system. Press the key combination “WindowsR”, in the “Run” window enter the command “sysdm.Cpl”.
- On the “Computer name” tab, click on the “Change” button.
- Next, enter the computer name. You can call any name, but so that the name of the first is different from the name of the second. The rule also applies if more computers are connected.
- We call the working group. Make the name the same on both devices.
Next, go to the network connections window, where the shortcut of the created connection should be located. You can get into the list of network adapters through the control panel, namely the sections “Network and Sharing Center” and “Changing adapter settings”.
After the transition, discover all available connections to the network (local or wired Internet).
Opening the connection properties. Select “protocol version 4” in the list of components and go to properties again.
If obtaining the IP address is automatic, it switches to “Use the following IP address”. Enter the following values:
- IP. 192.168.1.2 (on the main one), 192.168.1.3 (on the second), and so on, depending on how many computers:
- Subnet mask. 188.8.131.52 (the same everywhere)
- The main gateway is 192.168.0.1 (the same everywhere)
- Save the settings by clicking on “OK”.
Connecting other computers
We go to “My Computer”. On the left side of the Explorer window, there will be a Network icon. If everything was done correctly in the previous steps, then inside there will be displays of the main PC with the name that was specified at the very beginning. Open the computer by double clicking the left mouse button. The case will display devices and folders that are authorized for use. Find your printer and connect it.
After that, Windows will start connecting and installing. We agree with everything.
Copying files starts. Wait for the settings to finish.
After that, the printer will appear in the system and you can check the work by printing a document with text or by printing a test page.
Creating a wired LAN
The setup takes place in stages. It is necessary:
- Connect and configure the printer on the host computer (it is advisable to choose a more powerful computer from all available ones)
- To make computers work in the same network, you need to configure the IP address and define it in one workgroup;
- For the second computer to find the first one, you must enable network discovery;
- Since the goal of all actions is printing, the printer also needs to be shared;
- The last step is to connect to the network and the printer.
Before all the steps, connect both computers with an Internet cable through the patch cord. To the main Connect the cord from the printer to any working USB.
Laptops contain a side entry. The whole system will look like this.
If the distribution of the Internet is provided by a Wi-Fi router, then the network can work through it. The second laptop can connect to the network and use the printer without a wired connection. The photo above shows that two laptops are physically connected to each other. This option is more justified for stationary computers without wi-fi.
With a laptop, everything is easier. You just need to share all accesses, including a printer, and connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. In this case, no settings are made, since all devices will already be on the same network. You just need to add a printing device to the system and install firewood. Plus, the number of connections is unlimited.
So, there can be a variety of bundles when organizing a connection.
- Two inpatients are connected to each other with a patch cord. Then you need to follow strictly the steps below, and computer communication is provided through Ethernet connectors.
- The main one is stationary, and the second is the laptop. Router is available. Actions are SIMilar to the first paragraph.
- The situation is the same as in the previous paragraph, only with a router. The main one needs to be connected to the router via a cable, and the laptop is SIMply connected to the Wi-Fi network. But Ethernet connection to the router connector is also allowed.
- Laptops are used. A physical connection or an air connection is used at the user’s choice. The aLGorithm is the same, except for manual configuration of the network card (TCP / IP 4 protocol), no need to do!
Let’s go through each step with a detailed description and screenshots.
Manually adding a printer
It may happen that initially the device is not displayed in the network environment. That is, you will open the network tree, select the main network computer, but there will be no printer. Then you will have to add the device in the second way.
We go to “Devices and Printers”. Click on “Add Printer”. A window will appear and search for possible printers will start.
Ideally, Windows should find the printing hardware itself. Then you need to select it from the list, add it and wait for the installation to complete. The system, SIMilar to the previous situation, invite the installation of drivers. I confirm and wait for the installation to finish.
Otherwise, click on “The required printer is not in the list”.
Enter the path to the printer, specified the correct name, as shown in the examples of the installation window (replace with your values).
First, you can try to review the devices in order to choose the device from the possible.
After that, the installer will offer to install the drivers. Agree and wait for completion. Try your first seal.
Another way to add is by using built-in Windows capabilities.
Next, choose the manufacturer and find the exact model name.
Then, if necessary, you can assign any name to the printer.
The installation process will begin, which will NOT take long.
The next step is responsible for enabling or disabling sharing.
The last window will notify you of a successful installation and offer a button to print a test page. Optionally, you can print a probe to make sure that the equipment is configured correctly.
Outwardly, this is a SIMple small box, on the first side of which there is one USB-input, and on the second two (two-port splitter). The first input connects the printer, the other two plug in the cords leading from the computers.
Splitters can be very different both in appearance and in functionality. So, there may be splitters with automatic switching. the device detects the computer from which it is printing and connects it to work. Such devices are more expensive, but the work in the end is more comfortable. Splitters with manual switching are also available if this option suits you.
The principle of the manual device:
- The laptop or stationary computer is considered connected, opposite the input of which the button is turned on (often there is LED indication)
- When you need to connect another computer, the button is pressed opposite the neighboring port (in some splitters, switching is possible with a key combination on the keyboard, for example “CtrlF11”).
If you need to connect more than two PCs, then you need a splitter (USB-hub) with an increased number of connectors. Outwardly, such “hubs” can resemble a modem / router, or be miniature (a small wire at the end with several USB connectors). To choose depends only on your needs and financial capabilities.
After connecting the entire system on computers, automatic detection of the printer, search and installation of drivers should begin. Then you can print seamlessly. If the drivers are not installed and printing will NOT work, then you will have to install the software from the disk that came with the printer. Or download the driver for the model from the manufacturer’s website (free).
If you often use USB flash drives, then with the correct location of the hub in the workspace, and the availability of free ports, it will be more convenient to connect a USB flash drive and other peripherals (mice, keyboards, etc.).
Setting up the host computer
First, you need to make sure that by sending the document to print, the printing device will begin to release sheets with information transferred to them. To do this, connect the printing device, if necessary, install the driver from the disk or run the installer downloaded from the manufacturer’s website in advance. Try to print any file. If it worked out and there are no errors, then you can proceed to creating and configuring the network.
The connection options and the additional devices used in this case directly depend on the printing technology. So, if the printer is old and does not support a wireless connection, then it is possible to connect the device to the computer only with wires. The same goes for computers. Ordinary stationary devices have a built-in Wi-Fi module, which means that wires are the only possible connection of the equipment.
Of the available methods for creating a local network between computers and a printer, there are:
- Connection through a splitter;
- Via an Ethernet connection with a network setting (one computer connects to the printer, and the second connects to the first Internet cable with a patch cord)
How to connect two or more computers to one printer
If you have two or more computers at home or in the office, and you need to constantly print documents from both, it is inconvenient to constantly transfer the necessary files to the connected computer. It is much more efficient to connect the printer to two computers (or several) so that you can print without complicated steps. With this connection, you just need to send a print job from any computer or laptop and the printer will start printing.
All popular methods with step-by-step instructions and images are discussed below.
options with wires
On the back of the printer there may be several connectors of different interfaces (COM, LPT, USB, patch cord. network cable). All inputs accept suitable computer cables. So, connect one computer via USB, and the second via the LPT port. After successfully connecting, detecting and installing the software, try to make a test print from each computer to check the functionality.
How to connect an Android smartphone to a computer?
Modern smartphones no longer require a PC connection. In the first half of the 2000s, it was possible to install something new on a communicator or smartphone only using a PC. And a computer at that time was required for serious settings of a mobile device. Now you can connect Android to a computer without much difficulty, but this action has become extremely rare. And yet we will tell you how to connect your phone to a PC.
There is one wired and many wireless connection methods. The first is the easiest, but there are a lot of problems with it. Sometimes the computer does not see the device, which causes natural hysteria in the user. In this material, we will try to help in this case.
If you connected your smartphone to the computer using a wire, but the desktop operating system does NOT react to this in any way, then you need to perform a few SIMple steps:
Other wired connection problems
But not everyone suspects this, but an unlocked device cannot be synchronized with a PC. If you decide to connect Android to your computer via USB, then first enter the code Draw a pattern or provide your fingerprint. Of course, this does not apply to those devices that do not have a secure lock.
Connecting via USB to a computer running Windows XP also causes certain problems. At the time of its popularity, no touchscreen smartphones existed, and therefore, by default, it does NOT have a built-in Corresponding driver. You can fix the situation by downloading the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
On any other computer, you may also need to install a driver. It is usually installed automatically the first time you connect via USB. But there are also exceptions when something interferes with the system. If you have such a case, then go to the “Device Manager”. In the list you will see your device, while unnamed, marked with a yellow exclamation mark. Click on it with the right mouse button, selecting “Update” in the context menu. Then follow the tips in the pop-up menu. So you can automatically search for the driver in the appropriate Microsoft database or install the driver stored on the PC (then you first need to download it from the manufacturer’s official website).
The activated mode “USB-modem” can also complicate the connection to the computer. Disabled along the path “Settings”. “Wireless networks”. “”. “Modem mode”.
On more modern smartphones, this item is in the settings, in the “Connection and Sharing” section. Make sure the slider next to “USB tethering” is in the “Off” position.
If you cannot find this item, then use the line to search for settings. And then we activate the required parameter.
It should be noted that smartphones have Multiple modes of wired connection to a PC. It is possible that you accidentally chose one that is not supported by your computer. You can change the mode by clicking on the corresponding notification (it is always displayed when the device is connected to a PC). You need to enable MTP (Media Device) mode.
On smartphones with a more recent version of Android, the item names may differ slightly. For normal operation of the device, you must select the “File Transfer” mode.
Finally, enabling USB debugging can help in some cases. To do this, take the following steps:
Open the “Settings” section and find the item “For Developers”.
In this subsection we activate the checkbox of the item “Debugging via USB”.
Connecting to a computer via Wi-Fi
There are several ways to connect Android to PC without using a cable. The easiest way for THESE purposes is to use Wi-Fi technology. Of course, your apartment should have a router, because the connection will be carried out with its help.
In theory, synchronization can be done using built-in means, but this path is too long and complicated. Therefore, we recommend that you use Airdroid or some other SIMilar application. Let’s use his example to figure out how to connect to a PC over the air:
Install and run Airdroid.
At the first launch, you can register an account or click the subtle button “Login later”.
Next, the program will offer to send all incoming notifications to the computer. Click the Accept button. In some cases, in addition, you will be transferred to the Corresponding section of the settings, where next to the Airdroid notification mirroring service you need to check the box.
Then you can transfer files to your computer, record the screen, take screenshots and perform other actions. On a PC, for this you need to open a browser and go to the address displayed in the top line of the application.
If you sign up for an account, you can sync by going to a SIMpler URL: web.Airdroid.com.
If you want to end the connection, then go to the application and click on the “disconnect” button. You can also click on the “Exit” button in the browser window, then confirm your actions.