How to set up a Smart watch
With the development of technology, new amazing Smart watches appeared on the market, which interested many. The brands Sony, Samsung and Huawei, among other brands, have played a very large role in introducing the huge number of smartwatches available today. The smartwatch is equipped with a touch screen interface and is capable of performing various tasks that a regular watch cannot.
In fact, smartwatches are capable of performing functions that are much closer to those of smartphones. Obviously, it has some mobile apps and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. In addition, smartwatches can function as portable wearables and place and receive calls and messages among other functions.
There are two methods you can use to connect two devices together. Each of them is simple and straightforward. Be sure to use the methods that we will tell you about, and you will achieve a successful connection. Methods include:
Basic Bluetooth pairing
This is the easiest way to pair your smartwatch with your Android phone. Therefore, all you have to do is turn on Bluetooth and follow the steps below:
Turn on Bluetooth on your Android phone
First, you need to enable Bluetooth on your phone to ensure a good connection process. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Find and tap on Bluetooth.
- Slide the switch next to Bluetooth to turn it on.
Enable Discovery Mode
In addition, you will need to make your phone visible to other devices by enabling discoverable mode. Thus, you will achieve this by following the procedure below:
- Click on the Settings app on your phone.
- Click on Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Below it, check the box to enable Discoverable.
Turn on your smartwatch
In addition, you must make sure your Smartwatch is turned on before proceeding with the pairing process. So, you need to find the power button and long press on it until it turns on. The pairing screen with phone and clock icon will appear.
Pairing your smartwatch with an Android phone
Then you will need to pair your smartwatch to your phone by pairing them together. To pair two devices, follow the procedure below:
- Pick up the phone and go to the bluetooth screen.
- When Bluetooth is on, click Search for Devices or Scan for Devices at the bottom of the screen.
- Under the device list, select your Smartwatch
- Then a new screen will appear with a code. Make sure the code on your phone and on your smartwatch is the same.
- Click “Connect” on the phone to connect the two devices.
- Now your smartphone and Android phone will be successfully connected and ready to use.
Note: Make sure your devices are closer to each other to ensure a successful connection. Also, don’t forget to purchase third-party apps like Smart Connect to use all the features of your watch.
How to set up a Smart watch
using SpeedUp SmartWatch
What’s more, this method is also another easy way to pair your SpeedUp smartwatch with your Android phone. You just need to get the SpeedUp app and proceed with the instructions below:
- Download and Install SpeedUp Smartwatch App
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for SpeedUp SmartWatch.
- Click on Install.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone
Then go to turn on Bluetooth on your phone while preparing to connect. To do this, you need to follow the steps outlined in method 1.
- Enable Discovery Mode
Then you will need to make your phone visible to other devices by enabling discoverable mode. Make sure to follow the steps given in Method 1 to achieve this.
- Launch SpeedUp Smartwatch App.
On your phone, you need to open the SpeedUp app and follow the onscreen instructions to get ready to connect. Then you have to find its name in the list of devices and go to the pairing process.
- Pair your SpeedUp Smartwatch with your Android phone
On your phone, you need to follow these steps to easily connect your devices:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open the SpeedUp SmartWatch app on your phone and click Search Smartwatch to find its Bluetooth name. When the name appears, click on Connect.
- When the pairing message appears, tap the check mark on your watch and tap Pair on your phone.
- Pairing will be successful after a while. To make sure, you can click on the “Send notification” button on your phone, and when it vibrates, it means the connection is successful.
How to update sony smartwatch 2
Sony SmartWatch 2 received a major update.
Last year, Sony introduced the second generation of its own smart watch. Today, owners of Sony SmartWatch 2 have started receiving a major system update to firmware version 1.0.B.4.152 / 1.0.A.4.11. The update is distributed over the air using the smartwatch 2 watch management software. The update brings with it many innovations and changes.
- clock builder: now you can create your own style of the clock interface using templates and special plugins;
- detailed information about the weather using a special plugin;
- the ability to change the background of the main screen;
- the ability to disable plugins and open their settings on the phone remotely;
- redesigned notification panel;
- added the “Tap to turn on” function, in which the screen turns on the backlight when the watch vibrates or is violently shaken;
- several new built-in applications such as Calculator, etc.;
- improved watch stability and added compatibility with some devices.
If you are the owner of the smartwatch data and have not yet installed the update, below is a quick guide to installing it.
- Connect watch to phone.
- Go to Google Play and update the SmartWatch 2 SW2 app;
- In the column “About the program” select “Update accessory”. After a few minutes, the program will install the new firmware on your device.
SONY has rolled out a major update for smartwatches SONY SmartWatch 2.
- Waking up with a double tap
- New clock faces with the ability to customize
- Drag and drop items both from your mobile device and from the smartwatch itself
- Six beautiful wallpapers for your desktop
- Calculator application
- Updated Gmail apps and with better syncing
- New setting to enable or disable vibration when connecting or disconnecting Bluetooth devices
According to SONY, this is the least it can, and there will be even more major updates in the future. Unfortunately, it is not known how soon the next update will be released, but as rumors began to spread on the world wide web, the wait will be incredibly unbearable, which means that users will have something truly amazing. By the way, what is the expectation. so is the result.
“Smart” watches Sony Smart Watch 2 received an update.
To update, download this utility, run it, select SW2, after the offer to connect the accessory, turn off the watch, connect the cable and immediately press the power button.
We remind you that in June this year, Sony updated its line of “smart” watches with the release of SmartWatch 2, designed to compete with the then-upcoming Samsung Galaxy Gear.
It is worth noting that the company does it very well, because the new product from Sony allows you to work without recharging from 3 to 7 days, has a dust and moisture resistant case, an NFC chip, a more user-friendly interface and a starting price of 5,990 rubles, which is three times cheaper than Gear.
Specifications Sony Smart Watch 2:
Dimensions: 42 × 9 × 41 mm
Weight: Smartwatch 2 wrist strap (included): 122.5 grams
Contents of delivery:
- SmartWatch 2 SW2;
- Wrist bracelet;
- USB— Micro USB charging cable;
Compatibility: The Bluetooth watch is compatible with any smartphone running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.
How to Pair Sony SmartWatch 2 With Your Android Phone & Install Apps on it
- With rare use. 7 days;
- Normal use 3-4 days.
- Bluetooth standard version: 3.0;
- Android version: 4.0. and later;
- Charging via Micro USB;
- Waterproof (in accordance with IP57 standard).
- 1.6-inch touchscreen display;
- Materials: aluminum case and silicone or stainless steel wrist strap;
- Display resolution: 220 × 176 pixels.
- Call handling (accept, reject, mute, volume control);
- Missed call notifications;
- SMS / MMS;
- Remote control of music playback;
- The calendar;
- Slide show.
Do you have any opinions on how to update your sony smartwatch 2? Write about it in the comments.
Buy Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50. smart watch (White), Sony smartwatch 3 svr50 with delivery at a reasonable price
Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 is a smartwatch. running Android Wear and really rich in functionality. Even when using them autonomously, without a smartphone, you will be amazed at how many useful functions they carry. Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 will allow you to quickly find out the weather forecast, traffic schedule, instantly receive and view messages and notifications, set reminders and sync them with the calendar.
Comfort and functionality
With the Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50, you can play sports with your favorite tracks, recording them in the device’s memory. During this time, the smartwatch will monitor your physical activity, and upon returning home, all collected information will be synchronized with the Lifelog mobile application. Also, thanks to the standalone Endomondo app, the current information about your workouts will be displayed on the watch screen in real time, allowing you to track and monitor your performance.
Stylish Android Wear
With a unique design and sleek style, the Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 Android Wear watch intuitively adjusts to your needs and gives you the information you need at lightning speed. When a specific question arises, you can simply ask it out loud. Regardless of the pace of your life and your style, you can easily choose a watch of a suitable color or purchase separately colored straps.
- Android Wear platform
- Standalone use without a smartphone
- Extensive functionality
- Track your physical activity level
- Ability to download a variety of applications
- Synchronizing your workout data with the Lifelog app
Complete set: Additional information:
- Type: smart watch
- Operating system: Android Wear
- Installation of third-party applications: yes
- Platform Support: Android 4.3
- Notifications with view or reply: SMS, mail, calendar weather
- Vibration: yes
- Body material: st. steel
- Time display method: digital (electronic)
- Moisture protection: yes, IP68
- Replaceable bracelet / strap: yes
- Adjustment of the length of the bracelet / strap: yes
- Screen presence: yes
- Type: touch, backlit
- Diagonal: 1.6 “
- Resolution: 320×320
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI): 283
- Permanent screen operation: yes
- Audio playback: yes
- Audio output to Bluetooth-devices: yes
- Voice control: yes
- Microphone: yes
- GPS: yes
- Interfaces: Bluetooth 4.0, USB, NFC
- Processor: ARM A7, 1200 MHz
- Number of processor cores: 4
- Built-in memory: 4 GB
- RAM: 512 MB
- Monitoring: physical activity
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor
- Timer: yes
- Stopwatch: yes
- Battery capacity: 420mAh
- Operating time in active mode: 48 h
- Charging time: 60 min.
- Additional information: microUSB; oleophobic coating; remote control music playback
Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50. smart watch (White)
Nearest metro stations:
Nearest metro stations:
Kievskaya. Business center
Type: Smart Watch
Type: Smart Watch
Type: smart watch Operating system: Android Wear Installation of third-party applications: yes Platform support: Android 4.3 Notifications with view or reply: SMS, mail, calendar weather Vibration: yes Case material: stainless steel. steel Time display method: digital (electronic) Water protection: yes, IP68 Replaceable bracelet / strap: yes Adjustment of the bracelet / strap length: yes Screen presence: yes Type: touch, backlit Diagonal: 1.6 “Resolution: 320×320 Pixels per inch (PPI ): 283 Permanent screen operation: yes Audio playback: yes Audio output to Bluetooth devices: yes Voice control: yes Microphone: yes GPS: yes Interfaces: Bluetooth 4.0, USB, NFC Processor: ARM A7, 1200 MHz Number of processor cores: 4 Internal memory: 4 GB RAM: 512 MB Monitoring: physical activity Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor Timer: yes Stopwatch: yes Battery capacity: 420 mAh Operating time in active mode: 48 hours Charging time: 60 min Additional information: microUSB; oleophobic coating; remote control of music playback
Type: Smart Watch
Manufacturer: Samsung Operating system: Tizen Display type: Super AMOLED Display size: 1.2 “Display resolution: 360 x 360 Touch screen: yes Processor: Exynos 3250 Processor frequency: 1 GHz RAM: 512 Mb Flash memory: 4 GB Bluetooth: v 4.1 Wi-Fi: there is NFC: there are Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate monitor, barometer, light sensor, GPS (3G only) Battery capacity: 250 mAh Battery life (h): 72 Compatibility: Android 4.4 and above Moisture protection: IP68 Ability to make calls: using a phone / tablet Vibration: yes Physical activity monitoring: yes Supported applications / plugins: Gear App Microphone: yes Bracelet / strap material: leather Speaker: yes Additional: heart rate monitor, S-Voice (only in conjunction with Samsung phones ) What’s in the box: extra strap, wireless dock, charger Dimensions: 42.3 x 49.8 x 11.4 mm Weight: 47 g
Type: Smart Watch
Type: smart watch Operating system: Google Android Wear Diameter: 46 mm Display: 1.56 ”, LCD, touch Display resolution: 360 x 330 Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Number of processor cores: 4 Processor frequency: 1.2 GHz RAM: 512 MB Built-in memory: 4 GB Video processor: Adreno 305 Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, light sensor, heart rate monitor Battery capacity: 400 mAh Operating time: up to 2 days Connection interface: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b / g Microphone: yes, double Body material: stainless steel Protection against water and dust: yes, IP67 Compatibility: iOS and Android devices
Type: Smart Watch
Manufacturer: Samsung Operating system: Tizen Display type: Super AMOLED Display size: 1.2 “Display resolution: 360 x 360 Touch screen: yes Processor: Exynos 3250 Processor frequency: 1 GHz RAM: 512 Mb Flash memory: 4 GB Bluetooth: v 4.1 Wi-Fi: there is NFC: there are Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate monitor, barometer, light sensor, GPS (3G only) Battery capacity: 250 mAh Battery life (h): 72 Compatibility: Android 4.4 and above Moisture protection: IP68 Ability to make calls: using a phone / tablet Vibration: yes Physical activity monitoring: yes Supported applications / plugins: Gear App Microphone: yes Bracelet / strap material: plastic Speaker: yes Optional: heart rate monitor, S-Voice (only in conjunction with Samsung phones ) What’s in the box: extra strap, wireless dock, charger Dimensions: 42.3 x 49.8 x 11.4 mm Weight: 47 g
Type: Smart Watch
To connect a Wi-Fi network on a smartwatch with Android Wear OS, you must:
- Swipe down on the screen.
- Click on the Wi-Fi network icon. It will become light.
- Find available networks, select a phone network and click “connect”.
- In this case, on the smartphone, you need to install an application for pairing with a Smart-watch, for example, SeTreker.
Important! Read the instructions for your watch carefully. The gadget will be unable to connect to the network with an unsupported frequency. Typically support 802.11b / g / n 2.4GHz wireless networking protocol.
Smart watch connection via Wi-Fi
On a device with any operating system, for pairing via a Wi-Fi network, it must be turned on on both gadgets. Depending on the OS, the steps for connecting the Smartwatch to the phone may differ.
How to connect smart watch to phone
To unleash all the capabilities of smartwatches, they must be synchronized with a smartphone. This can be done in several ways. Since the most common operating systems are Android and iOS, then we will talk about them.
How can you pair your smartwatch with your phone?
Three types of data transmission are used to communicate with a smartphone:
They are all identical, only the conditions and consequences for gadgets differ. For example, Bluetooth communication requires devices to be located close to each other. Interference in the form of metal or concrete products is not acceptable. This connection consumes less battery charge.
If for some reason the above described data transfer method is not available, a Wi-Fi network, mobile communications is used (provided that the SIM card is installed, the balance is positive, and the tariff supports the use of the Internet). In this case, the distance from the smart-watch to the phone does not matter, the battery is discharged faster than with Bluetooth communication.
Connecting to a phone via Bluetooth
This is the most common way to connect smartwatches to smartphones, since in most cases, pairing is carried out through this data network.
Connecting gadgets from Apple over a Wi-Fi network can occur if:
- Smart watches have previously used this network to connect.
- The network complies with the 802.11b / g / n standard.
The watch cannot be connected to public networks that require a password and login.
On both gadgets, you need to turn on the Wi-Fi network. This is done in the same way as described above.
Then you need to select the network to which the watch can connect. In watch OS 5 and higher, there is a choice. In the early. no.
Turn on Bluetooth on both gadgets. To do this, you need to slide your fingers from the very top of the screen down both in the smartphone and in the watch to open the control panel. If the network icon is dark, you need to click on it once to make it light.
In your phone settings, search for Bluetooth and find your watch. Click on their name, then. “connect”. After a confirmation message appears on the smartwatch screen, allow data transfer by tapping on the display.
How to Connect Sony Watch to Samsung Phone
In this article, we asked the wizard to answer the question: “How to connect a Sony watch to a Samsung phone?”, And also give useful recommendations. What came of it,
Sony was practically the first to release a mass version of smart watches, despite the fact that they were not yet popular. The rest of the manufacturers later picked up the baton, so today there are already many wearable electronics that not only show the time, but also perform other functions that help to lead a healthy lifestyle. The very first Sony SmartWatch received its logical development in the second version. Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2, an overview of which you can read here.
- touch display with a diagonal of 1.6 inches has a resolution of 220 × 176 pixels;
- there are Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC modules;
- the standard of protection of the case against dust and moisture corresponds to IP57;
- the second version of SmartWatch is compatible with any smartphones on Android version 4.0.
The creators traditionally do not report about the processor and the amount of RAM, but this is not important. The priority for all smart watches is convenience, practicality and battery life. Sony SmartWatch 2 has no problems with this, because the watch can work for 5 days or more, which can be called a very decent indicator for such devices.
Not all users know how to connect Sony SmartWatch 2 to a smartphone. It is easy to do this:
- install Smart Connect if it is not already there;
- turn on bluetooth;
- press the start button on the watch;
- go to the Bluetooth settings and find your gadget there;
- press the green check mark on the watch and the pairing button on the smartphone;
- install the proprietary Sony SmartWatch 2 app and start using the watch.
There are many videos on the web showing the capabilities of the Sony SmartWatch2. There are a variety of applications for this watch, but the most popular are the following:
- Gmail for email notifications;
- “Messages” (allows you to read incoming messages);
- “Call control” (allows you to accept or reject an incoming call, mute the sound on your smartphone, etc.);
- “Music player” (allows you to manage tracks, pause playback, etc.);
- “Calendar”, “Weather”, “GPS-map”;
- “Remote Widget” (displaying widgets on the clock screen);
- “Toggles” (control of smartphone functions) and others.
Of course, if you don’t have a smartphone, all of these apps are useless. However, Sony SmartWatch 2 has applications that can be used without a smartphone: actually, a watch (initially about 10 different dials are available), a flashlight, an alarm clock, a timer, notifications and settings.
Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 is compatible with absolutely all smartphones on Android version 4.0. If the version of the operating system is earlier, the clock will not work, but with later (for example, 4.4) the gadget interacts.
The Sony SmartWatch 2 is a very interesting and useful device. Perhaps someone may not like the simple design, but in other respects, Sony‘s creation is doing well, and excellent autonomy is a serious trump card against competitors.
How to connect Sony SmartWatch if they are not supported on your smartphone
You bought yourself a watch, like me. but it doesn’t work? / DO NOT HURRY TO DELIVER THEM TO THE STORE. First, try to connect them with my method!
Our digital magazine: https://flipboard.com/section/vladimirp’s-it-%2F-life-style-blog-bz8fnU
The application was removed from Google Play, but it can still be found on the Internet, it is called:
“Bluetooth Pairing”. developed by FIXA Inc.
Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=com.jpn.frontia.waka.Bluetooth removal from public access. download is from the “Purchases” section)
links to apps for sony smartwatch so that you don’t have to look for the right software to connect again:
SmartWatch (watch management software). https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=com.sonyericsson.extras.smartwatch
Smart Connect (LiveWare ™ Mgr) [program for connecting the watch with a smartphone]. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=com.sonyericsson.extras.liveware No way to upload new videos A message was received that that the channel will be closed if there are more complaints. I can’t “protect” myself. If there are any videos that you added to your favorites, then download them.Soon they will become unavailable.
Here is the whole essence of the problem: https://vk.com/video-108329122_456239027 https://www.YouTube.com/channel/UCBN0—BPYZtyNEkD-pXSIqA. OUR SECOND ALTERNATIVE CHANNEL ON WHICH WILL BE WILL BE VIBRATED BY NEW
Video How to connect Sony SmartWatch if they are not supported by your smartphone vladimirpolnikov channel
Group: Friends w3bsit3-dns.com
Apple iPhone 6s
On Sony smartphones, the function works out of the box. When there is an incoming call, there are buttons for accepting and rejecting the call.
The easiest and most effective way for phones not Sony. install the Call Handling Pro plugin (also in the header in the plugins section), after removing the native plugin from Sony “Call Handling”.
To make the call button work on non-Sony devices (unless, of course, it works for you), you only need 2 things:
Modified.APK Call Control (Thanks GeminiX)
Before installing, remove the standard Call Control plugin if you downloaded it from the market.
Then install the modified.APK and make sure to make it the system one, that is, transfer it to the system / app folder with the rights rw-r — r-
Check the performance.
Many thanks for the found method mickles
Temporarily remove this plugin from the system and then reinstall it.
Install programs with ES File explorer.
Press the power button.
2. Double tap on the screen (double tap on the strap or on the case also works).
3. Shake your hand hard.
4. Turn the watch to face (only works with the latest dial option).
5. Double-click the fingers of the hand on which the watch is worn.
All functions of this product work with the below listed smartphones.
Most of the features of this product work with all the phones listed below. All are fully Bluetooth ™ capable.
None of the features of this product work with the smartphones listed below.
Acer liquid mini e310 (latest stock RU Android 2.3). not compatible.
Aigo D1. full compatibility
Asus TF 101 (latest firmware). almost full compatibility
Asus Padfone 2. partial compatibility, some plugins crash.
Cube А5300. full compatibility
Fly IQ450 Quattro. full compatibility
Fly IQ451. full compatibility
Hero H2000. Full Compatibility
Highscreen Alpha GTX. Fully Compatible
Highscreen Explosion (runoff 4.1.1). full compatibility
Highscreen Jet Duo. Fully Compatible
Highscreen Strike. Full Compatibility
Highscreen Yummy Duo. No Compatibility
HTC Butterfly S (901s, stock 4.2.2). full compatibility
HTC Incredible S. Full Compatibility
HTC One. Full Compatibility
HTC One Google Edition. Fully Compatible
HTC One X (MIUI V4). Full Compatibility
HTC One X. Full Compatibility
Huawei Ascend Mate. Fully Compatible
Huawei Ascend P1 XL. Fully Compatible
Huawei Honor. Fully Compatible
Jiayu G3S. Fully Compatible
Lenovo A660. Not Connecting
Lenovo A6000. Fully Compatible
Lenovo A820- Fully Compatible
Lenovo A850. (Android 4.2.2). Fully Compatible
LG G2. Full Compatibility
LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4). Fully Compatible
LG Optimus 3D MAX. Fully Compatible
LG Optimus Black (stock). full compatibility
LG Optimus G Pro. Full Compatibility
LG Optimus L7. Full Compatibility
Megafon Login. full compatibility
Phillips W732. No Compatibility
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. Fully Compatible
Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Full Compatibility
Samsung Galaxy S II. Fully Compatible
Samsung GT-N7000 Galaxy Note (Android 4.3). Fully Compatible
Samsung Galaxy Note II. Full Compatibility
Texet TM-3204R. Fully Compatible
ThL W11. Fully Compatible
Umi X2. Fully Compatible
Xiaomi Mi2. full compatibility
ZOPO ZP910. partial compatibility, connection is lost if the watch has widgets
ZOPO ZP950. Fully Compatible
ZTE Skate (CM7). Fully Compatible
ZTE V790. Fully Compatible
HTC Desire X full compatibility on off.firmware 4.1.1
HTC Sensation full compatibility on cyanogenmod 10
Highscreen spark. full compatibility.
MTS 970H partial compatibility (details)
MTS 960. no compatibility
Lenovo P780. Fully Compatible
Photo comparing the readability of the image in the sun and in the shade.
How to get a paid plugin from Google Play for free?
Instructions on how to remove captions for plugins icons.
If you have any problems with the connection, plugins, etc. first of all try to do a full reset of the clock.
What to do if some applications are not displayed?
Instructions for disassembly (not entirely complete, the person did not get to the board) and restoration of the battery, which stopped charging
Instructions for watches in Russian:
userguide_EN_MN2_1258_0297.1.pdf (1,06 MB)
Perhaps you have your own opinion on the topic “How to connect a Sony watch to a Samsung phone”? Write about it in the comments.
Setting up alerts on Android Wear
After the connection, you will be prompted to set up alerts on the watch, trust the step-by-step instructions and your preferences.
- Of course, the main advantage and “smartness” of the watch is Google Now with which you can talk, it is recommended to enable.
- It will also not be superfluous to enable geolocation, it is connected using a smartphone. By configuring this function, you will be able to create routes.
- Be sure to turn on the contact recognition service to text and call your friends. In this case, having received a message, you can easily read it on the watch card and then simply dictate the answer, agree. cool! No need to reach for the phone and type on the keyboard.
Perhaps, having mastered the functionality, it will seem poor to you, but you must remember that this operating system and the offered watches from different manufacturers are at the stage of development and formation. And serious innovation will lie ahead!
How to sync your smartwatch with your phone?
For several years in a row, the so-called Smart watch has been available for sale. a wrist watch with a very wide range of possibilities. They found their audience among young people, business people, and especially caring parents. Such a watch is several times more reliable than a regular smartphone and is not capable of sending spam. The only problem is how to connect the smartwatch to the phone. But you will find its solution below.
How to pair Smart watch with phone
How to connect Smart watch to phone?
Smart watches necessarily have software that synchronizes with the phone. Note, however, that some watches can be connected to either Android or iOS, although many models are equally easy to connect to all smartphones. Be sure to check this question before buying, otherwise you will have to buy a new phone to connect to a new child’s watch.
Is it possible to connect several hours to one phone at once?
Parents with many children can buy smartwatches in bulk, since they only need one phone to control them. How to do it?
- Open the Android Wear app on your phone.
- Next to the name of the already connected watch, find the arrow pointing down and click on it.
- You will see the “New watch” menu, following the instructions of which you will be able to synchronize your phone with another gadget.
- If you want to connect a third watch, repeat all of the above. There are no restrictions on the number of connected Smart watch the phone and the application have.
Considering the huge variety of manufacturers and designs of smartwatches, you can easily choose the right model that will best meet your expectations. Find out how to choose a smartwatch at the link.
How to connect your watch to your Android phone?
- Download the dedicated Android Wear app to your phone from the Play Store.
- Simultaneously launch the app on the phone and turn on the watch.
- In the application settings, click “Configure” and the phone will automatically display the name of the watch. Click on the name you need.
- Codes will be displayed on the screen of the phone and the new gadget. If they match, click “Connect” and wait for the process to complete.
- If the codes do not match, try repeating the procedure again.
Then you just have to follow all the instructions that the application will display on the phone screen and configure all the necessary parameters for controlling the watch.
How to connect your watch to your iOS phone?
You can sync iPhone with such a watch in a similar way.
- Download the Gear S3 app to your computer, download it to your smartphone via iTunes and start syncing by simply clicking the “Connect” button.
Now the Smart watch and the phone will always be in touch, only if you do not want to turn them off yourself and if the Internet does not disappear on the phone. At the same time, the watch itself will always be in touch, since it is able to transmit a signal using a regular SIM card. Smart watches can even connect to a wi-fi network, which further expands their capabilities.
Steps to connect an Android Wear watch
Activate your watch by turning it on. Accordingly, they should be located next to you or no further than a meter.
Feel free to open the application on your smartphone, having previously enabled Bluetooth. Next, follow the step-by-step instructions, by the way, if you forgot about Bluetooth, you will be prompted to perform this operation during pairing.
There is one more small nuance: when connected, a message may appear stating that you need to update the Google search application. Do not be discouraged, everything is elementary and simple, go to Google Play in the section my applications and find the application you need, update it, and then you will have to delete and re-download the Android Wear application.
The next step of the connection will be, the discovery of the device and the exchange of connection codes. After confirming this operation, you will receive a message about successful connection.
Working with a smartphone
For synchronization with a smartphone, an application is provided that works with Android and iOS platforms. To connect the device, you can use NFC or wireless Bluetooth 4.0. Two applications are installed on Android smartphones, one of which is called Lifelog. The utility allows you to monitor many indicators: walking, sleeping, running, social networks, games, being on public transport, etc.
A full review of Sony’s SmartBand 2 SWR12 fitness bracelet shows that this Android app is more multifunctional. The iOS program, on the other hand, records only basic information about heart rate, sleep phases and walking (running). In both cases, the smart tracker demonstrates high measurement accuracy, but does not actually perform analytics on the collected data.
An important advantage of working with the iOS app is the ability to synchronize with the popular Apple Health utility and enable the option for mutual information exchange. This allows you to analyze in detail your level of physical activity and health status.
At the same time, the Lifelog program is convenient in that it gives full access to statistics for any day, week, month or even year. Fitness bracelet Sony SmartBand 2 SWR12 can review this information, displaying it on a special bar along with music, photos, events and other content. Thus, Lifelog allows you to find out how listening to your favorite tracks, playing or jogging affects your stress level and heart rate.
If the connection between the gadget and the smartphone is suddenly interrupted, the device signals this by means of vibration. When it is inconvenient for the user to take both devices with him, for example, for a run, he can connect an independent mode. In this case, the tracker will record information about the activity and, after pairing, transfer it to the smartphone.
Fitness bracelet Sony SmartBand 2 SWR12: overview of functionality and capabilities
First of all, the device is designed for continuous monitoring of the user’s health during sports and outdoor activities. To do this, there is a function of counting steps during walking, cycling and running training.
The heart rate rhythm is monitored by a built-in heart rate sensor, and the number of steps is monitored by integrated sensors that can respond to the transition to running and cycling. Different types of data allow you to timely regulate the load on the body, choose the optimal type and level of activity. Among the useful and interesting features are also noted:
- smart alarm clock. Review of the fitness bracelet SonySmartBand2SWR12 shows that the device qualitatively analyzes the phases of deep and light sleep, determining the best time to wake up;
- media library management. The option is implemented due to the accelerometer. To start playing a track or switching music, a light knock on the body of the device is enough;
- heart rate measurement in different modes. Depending on the settings, the heart rate monitor can measure the heart rate 6 times per hour, only at the time of launching the application or constantly, for which you do not need to keep your hand motionless;
- motion reminder. Convenient feature that reminds you of the need for physical activity after being in a stationary state for a certain time;
- monitoring stress levels. The overall heart rate during and outside activity is used for assessment.
During the review of the Sony SmartBand 2 SWR12 fitness bracelet, we should separately note the convenience of the vibration function, which is used to set up alerts and silent alarms. The capabilities of the device allow you to configure vibration only for certain categories of events and even choose a time to turn off all incoming alerts, for example, at night.
Design and ergonomics
The design of the device is as minimalistic as possible and includes two components: a smooth silicone strap and a flat polycarbonate module with electronics. Available in four color options (black, blue-gray, white-gray and pink-gray), each of which perfectly complements any style of clothing.
The weight of the device is only 25 grams, water protection IP 68 makes it possible to swim at depths of up to 3 meters for 30 minutes. The smart tracker strap has a clever and comfortable buckle that allows you to securely fix it on your hand for both an adult and a child. All parts fit flawlessly, materials are comfortable to wear and pleasant to the touch.
Review of fitness bracelet Sony SmartBand 2 SWR12
Smart trackers from the Sony brand always make a great impression. The Japanese manufacturer knows how to surprise users by offering advanced devices with good functionality. Review of the fitness bracelet Sony SmartBand 2 SWR12 will help you figure out whether the new product can adequately compete with other TOP counterparts.
The device is equipped with a built-in 140 mAh battery. Battery life is directly related to the heart rate sensor mode. During the review of the Sony SmartBand 2 SWR12 fitness bracelet, it was recorded that if the sensor monitors heart rate continuously, the battery runs out after 10 hours. If the heart rate sensor is turned off altogether, the device will work up to 5-6 days. It takes approximately 1 hour to fully charge the gadget.
A smart fitness tracker from a Japanese manufacturer will be interesting and useful for professional athletes and those who care about their health. An advanced heart rate sensor, a high class of protection against water and dust, a Lifelog application, synchronization with smartphones operating on different platforms. all this allows you to successfully compete with devices from market leaders. The impression of a novelty can only be spoiled by a relatively high cost.However, the cost is fully justified by a large set of features, impeccable quality of materials and workmanship, as well as full backward compatibility of the model with previous versions.
Pros and cons of Wear OS watches
Benefits of a Wear OS smartwatch include a lower price tag than Apple Watch and a wider range of designs.
The disadvantage when using them with the iPhone is associated with different ecosystems, as a result of which there are many unnecessary restrictions, which, in principle, do not exist when synchronizing devices with the same OS.
Clarification, pros and cons
So that you better understand what happened. The Apple Watch is not synced or communicating with your Android phone (since there is no mutual Bluetooth connection). Devices are still incompatible with each other.
The point is that after syncing with the iPhone and registering with the cellular network, the Apple Watch smartwatch can work without a constant connection to the iPhone. Therefore, the SIM card from the iPhone can be rearranged into an Android phone. At the same time, most of the functions are lost, but the clock retains its basic functionality: voice communication, SMS, Internet, installed applications will be active.
The main problem is that the constant connection to the cellular network will drain the Apple Watch battery much faster. In addition, in the latest generation, a continuous display backlight was added so that the charge melted literally before our eyes.
In general, this is an unusual experiment, but it is best to use a Wear OS smartwatch with an Android phone. Both operating systems are developed by Google, so they are actually made for each other.
Set up Apple Watch to work with Android
1) Fully sync Apple Watch with iPhone and connect your smartwatch to the cellular network (this process is detailed above);
2) Turn off all three devices. iPhone, Apple Watch and Android phone;
3) Remove the SIM card from the iPhone and insert into another smartphone (which is on Android);
4) Turn on Android and wait for registration in the cellular network;
5) Then turn on your Apple Watch and you can use.
Both devices are now connected to the same network. That is, the Apple Watch is connected to an Android phone through a cellular operator.
Connecting to iPhone
The Wear OS by Google app (formerly called Android Wear) makes it easy to connect most Wear OS smartwatches to iPhones starting with the 5th.
In the past, iPhone users were only tied to the Apple Watch. It is certainly a good smartwatch, but very expensive. Fortunately, Apple soon removed this limitation.
Now there is no problem if you want to sync your Wear OS smartwatch with your iPhone. All standard functions will be available. Although, certain restrictions still remain.
First of all, you need to keep in mind that you need an iPhone 5 (including 5s and 5c, or newer) with an iOS version of at least 9.3 to sync.
Also, there is a small list of smartwatches that are, in principle, incompatible with the iPhone: these are G Watch and G Watch R from LG, ZenWatch from Asus, Gear Live from Samsung, the first generation Moto 360 from Motorola and Sony Smartwatch 3. Other newer models such as rule already support syncing with iPhone.
Sync Apple Watch and iPhone
If you are a dedicated Apple fan and want to use your iPhone only with Apple branded watches, follow the steps in this guide to successfully sync your devices:
0) First of all, before purchasing an Apple Watch, make sure it will be compatible with your iPhone. Before starting the synchronization, turn on Bluetooth on both devices, and connect the iPhone to the Internet (via a cellular network or Wi-Fi). Install the free Watch app on your iPhone if you don’t have it yet;
1) Turn on Apple Watch by holding down the power button near the wheel. The white Apple logo should light up on a black background. The first boot of the smartwatch may take several minutes;
2) Choose your language and region;
3) Place the watch next to the iPhone. Wait for “Use your iPhone to set up Apple Watch” on your phone screen. Click the “Continue” button on the iPhone, and “Start Connection” on the Apple Watch;
- If the screen does not appear automatically, open the “Watch” mobile application and start the connection process manually from there.
4) An animation appears on the Apple Watch screen. Aim the iPhone camera so that the watch screen aligns with the special window in the Clock app. Then you should receive a notification that the smartwatch is successfully connected;
- At this step, you may also receive a notification asking you to install system updates on your Apple Watch. We recommend that you do it right away.
- If there was no offer to update, the application may pop up a question about restoring Apple Watch settings from a backup (if you reconnect your old watch), or you can “Set up a new Apple Watch”.
- The second option should be chosen if you bought a new smartwatch and are connecting it for the first time. If you reconnect your Apple Watch, it’s easier to restore settings from a backup.
5) Choose the hand on which you will wear the watch. The orientation of the Apple Watch interface depends on this. It is specially tuned for left and right handers;
- Usually the physical buttons are on the right, but you can flip the watch so that the buttons are on the left. It is original, non-standard, well, and convenient when wearing a watch on the right hand.
7) Agree to the Terms and Conditions to continue connecting. You can even read them if you’re interested;
8) Sign in to your iCloud account. This will most likely happen automatically. But if not, please enter the data manually to enter;
9) Next, make the necessary settings. You can disable services that you do not plan to use;
- We recommend that you enable navigation, synchronization of physical statistics, access to Siri and the application for finding devices.
- If the search app is not configured by itself, you need to enable the linking of the watch to the iCloud account. Thus, a lost Apple Watch cannot be connected to someone else’s iPhone.
10) Password setting. You can skip this step. It is only required if you want to use Apple Watch to pay for purchases and services;
- The watch will not ask for a password if you have not removed it. Password check only comes out if you remove the Apple Watch from your hand.
11) Additional settings, such as Apple Pay, SOS, Heart health;
12) Setting up cellular communication (if your Apple Watch is equipped with a transmitter);
13) Installing applications on smart watches. You can download to Apple Watch all compatible applications from those installed on the iPhone, or skip this step and install applications later, as needed;
14) Wait for the Apple Watch and iPhone to sync. This will take some time. Keep your devices nearby. The signal will sound at the end.
How to sync iPhone with Wear OS
The process of connecting a Wear OS smartwatch to an iPhone is pretty straightforward:
0) If you have not already done so, install the Wear OS by Google program on your phone;
1) Fully charge the watch before the first synchronization (or do not remove it from the charge at all);
2) In the application, you will see a list of nearby devices, your watch should be there. Click on their name to start the connection;
3) The connection code will appear on the iPhone and smartwatch. Check that both codes match and confirm the connection;
4) Next, on the iPhone, you will need to set a few more settings and that’s it.
Your iPhone and smartwatch are now synced. Communication between them is maintained only while the devices are nearby. Be careful not to close the Wear OS app on iPhone, or the connection may be interrupted.
What’s the use of a Wear OS smartwatch connected to an iPhone?
The Wear OS by Google application allows you to send mobile notifications to your smartwatch, including SMS, calendar events and any other programs that you use during the day. But after hours, you can only view these notifications, the ability to reply is not provided (except for letters in Gmail).
With the Google Assistant, you can find information on the Internet, set an alarm and perform other simple actions, but it has limited access to Apple applications. For example, to find a song on Apple Music, you have to contact Siri. In other words, if you have downloaded a lot of Google apps on your iPhone, then it will be most convenient for you to interact with them through your Wear OS smartwatch. Apple doesn’t really care about the compatibility of its software with other people’s operating systems.