Driver for Printer HP Laserjet 1010 for Windows 10
The HP laserjet 1010 printer is very common even though it’s 2017 on the street. This model has proven itself very well. It is not whimsical in work, it is distinguished by simple refueling without flashing the chips, and the cartridge can withstand a large number of refills without replacing parts.
In most cases, new computers and laptops are equipped with Windows 10. In most cases, not on their own, but simply because there are simply no drivers on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
The same fate befell the HP laserjet 1010 printer. Although there was no driver on the official website already for Windows 7, it will not be available for Windows 10 all the more.
missing driver on the official website for HP laserjet 1010 under Windows 10
In previous articles, we described how to connect an HP laserjet 1010 to a computer or laptop with Windows 7. In the same article, you will learn how to connect an HP laserjet 1010 on Windows 10 with a missing driver.
Connecting the HP laserjet 1010 to a Windows 10 computer or laptop
Since there are no drivers for the HP laserjet 1010/1012/1015 under Windows 10, we will use the HP 3055 printer driver to set up this printer in Windows 10.
To do this, open the “Control Panel”. “Devices and Printers”.
In this case, the printer must be connected to the computer with a cable and turned on.
Here we click “Add Printer“.
In the window that opens, select “The required printer is not in the list”.
Go to manual installation of the HP laserjet 1010
Next, select the last item “Add a local or network printer with manually specified parameters” and click “Next”.
In the next window, the assignment of the printer port opposite “Use an existing port”, expand the list and select the port named DOT4_001. If there is no such port, then create it in the line below. Specify the name DOT4_001.
If the printer does not start printing via the DOT4_001 port, then try the USB001 port.
Now a window with driver selection will be displayed. In it, first you need to click “Windows Update” for the system to update its driver database.
After that, on the left side of the window, select “HP”, and on the right side we look for one of the following drivers:
- HP LaserJet 1015;
- HP LaserJet 2200 Series PCL5
- HP LaserJet 3055.
After selecting the driver, click the “Next” button and this completes the installation of the HP laserjet 1010/1012/1015.
Finishing the HP laserjet 1010 installation on Windows 10
Restart your computer and printer. Now you can try to print.
If the printer does not start printing, then delete it in “Devices and Printers” and try a different driver from the list above.
You can also try to install the driver from Windows Vista, which is on the official page of drivers for HP laserjet 1010/1012/1015.
Drivers are required for the printer to function correctly. They are usually contained on a disc that is included with the printer with the cables upon purchase. To install the drivers, you need to place the media in the drive of your laptop and wait for it to start automatically. If the disc does not open itself, you should do it manually through “My Computer” by double-clicking on the name of the drive with the driver.
Important: if you do not have a disc with drivers for your device, you can download them through Windows Update and on the manufacturer’s website. These methods are described in more detail below.
After successfully connecting the printer to the laptop, it remains to complete the print setup. This procedure is carried out through the control panel of the computer. The user is required to:
- Go to the “Control Panel” and select the category “Devices and Printers”.
- In the window that opens, set the appropriate parameters: paper size, page orientation, number of copies, image quality, paper source, etc. Click the “Apply” button for the changes to take effect. The specified settings will be used when printing documents from a laptop.
Install HP Laser 100/MFP 130, Color Laser 150/MFP 170 Printers in Windows | HP Laser | HP
How to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi?
Many modern printers can be connected to a computer via a Wi-Fi network. Before installing such a device, you need to make sure that the wireless connection function is enabled and available on it. The button with the corresponding icon allows you to find out. On most models of office equipment, it is highlighted in blue if the connection is functioning correctly. Also, to work with a wireless printer, you must have access to the Internet. After checking the connection, the user should add the printer to the system for further configuration:
- In Windows 10 (the aLGorithm is the same as with a wired printer):
- If the system does not automatically identify office equipment, open “Start”, go to “Settings”, in the “Devices” section, select “Printers and scanners”.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- If the device is not found, click “The required printer is not in the list” to proceed to manual configuration.
Tip: If you are having difficulty using the scanner, learn how to scan a document to your computer.
How to install a printer on a laptop?
The printer is a popular peripheral device that has found wide application in offices, enterprises, government agencies and at home due to the ability to instantly print any documents. It is quite easy to use and does not require any special skills from the owner. However, sometimes the owners of office equipment have problems with setting it up.
Installing a wired printer begins by connecting it to a power source and to a laptop or computer. For these purposes, the device is supplied with two appropriate cables. After establishing a connection to a computer via USB, the printer should be turned on by pressing the power button on the case.
In most cases, Windows automatically detects a new device in the system and installs the necessary software to work with it. However, if this did not happen, the owner of the laptop or PC needs to follow these steps:
On Windows 10:
- Open the “Start” menu, go to “Settings” and select the “Devices” section.
- Click on the “Printers and scanners” line, click the “Add printer or scanner” button.
HP Laserjet MFP 135w Printer Unboxing & Review
- Wait until the computer completes the search and select the appropriate option from the proposed list. If the laptop cannot find the printing device, you must click “Update” or “The required printer is not in the list” and follow the further instructions of the system.
On Windows 7 and 8:
- Find the “Devices and Printers” section in the “Start” menu.
- Click the “Add Printer” button. Click on the “Add a local printer” option in the opened manager.
- On the Select Printer Port page, click Use Existing and Recommended.
Tip: Check out our list of the best MFPs for home use if you’re still undecided.
How to install a printer without an installation disc?
It is not uncommon for printer owners to lose driver discs. In addition, not all modern laptops are equipped with CD drives, so installation will not be possible even with media. In this case, you need to resort to alternative methods of installing drivers.
Using Windows Update:
- Enter “Control Panel” and open “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Printers” section and find your model in the drop-down list. Click on the device name with the right mouse button and click “Update drivers”. Select the option “Automatic search” and follow the further instructions.
Tip: if your operating system’s main menu doesn’t work, learn what to do when Start won’t open on Windows 10.
Manually via the website of the printing device manufacturer:
- If Windows Update cannot find the driver you are looking for, you must download it yourself.
- The actual files are most often placed on the support page of the official website of the printer manufacturer. In the same place, the user is provided with detailed instructions for installation and configuration.
- Links for downloading drivers for printers from popular manufacturers:
- HP. support.HP.com;
- Canon. Canon.ru/support;
- Epson. epson.ru/suppor;
- Samsung. Samsung.com/ru/support.
Manual installation of the printer on a laptop is carried out in three steps. It is necessary to connect the office equipment to the power supply and to the PC. Then install the current version of the drivers from the disk or from the Internet on your computer. The final step is to set up printing options for future documents. On Windows 10, wired and wireless printers are connected using the same aLGorithm. Slight differences are present in earlier versions of the operating system.