Hacker’s notes: how to connect to someone else’s WI-FI?
How to connect to someone else’s WI-FI? Agree, the question is intriguing, and extremely burning for a modern person. After all, not everyone wants to pay monthly for Internet access or, for example, buy a router so that they can watch a movie or chat with friends, lounging on the couch far from a modem with a wire. It is at such moments that the thought arises of whether it is possible to connect, for example, to a neighboring wireless network, how to connect to someone else’s WI-FI, and what to do for this first of all.
In fact, it doesn’t require any supernatural hacking knowledge or ability to do this. You just need to understand the meaning of two concepts: “information package” and “network address”. The bottom line is that any device on the network (regardless of what it is about, be it a printer, the PC itself, a Wi-Fi modem, or the access point we need) has an individual number. This is our network address or, as it is also called, the IP address.
What is a sniffer and why is it needed?
To understand how to connect to someone else’s WI-FI, first of all, you should know it. Most often, for security purposes, the address is masked by the name of the device. In such a situation, you will need the most ordinary network scanner, the well-known Shark is optimal. You can use any other similar sniffer (this is what programs designed to catch information packets are called). By running a sniffer, you can intercept a lot of useful information. In particular, the information packet includes the IP addresses of the sender and the recipient, as well as the information itself sent. We will need all this in order to understand how to connect to someone else’s WI-FI. The obtained data will allow you to understand how you should correct the network settings of your computer for a successful connection.
How to Share WiFi Password on iPhone & iPad Running iOS 14, 13 or iOS 12
In the next step, you need to change your network address so that the network you are interested in recognizes it as “native”. Depending on the operating system, this process may take place in different ways, but the essence remains the same: the network address must be the same as the one shown by the sniffer (only the last digit should differ. let’s not forget that we are talking about a unique address devices on the network). The subnet mask can remain the same. Example: using a sniffer, you got the network address 184.108.40.206 and the subnet mask (let it be a combination of 255.255.255.0). Then on your computer you need to register the network address 220.127.116.11 (the mask, as mentioned above, remains unchanged).
Finally, the simplest thing is to find a password cracker (for example, CommView for Wi-Fi is very popular). On thematic sites, you can find many instructions on how to use it, however, knowing only two terms. already known to us “information package” and “network address”. you can understand how to find out the WI-FI network key.
The network is not displayed: what to do?
If you know for sure about the existence of an access point, but WI-FI does not see the network, this means that it is protected in more reliable ways, and without the help of an experienced hacker, it will hardly be possible to hack it.
However, when it comes to neighboring Wi-Fi, it is much better to ask the person for the password personally. After all, whatever one may say, using someone else’s Internet is, in some way, a fraud.
How to set up a baby monitor? How to connect a baby monitor? The video baby monitor does not see the camera, what to do?
So, the choice of the best baby monitor is done. Before setting up the installation of the baby monitor, keep the device at room temperature for at least 2 hours if you have stored or transported it at an air temperature below 0 degrees C. First, you need to choose a place to install the camera.
When choosing a place to install a baby monitor camera, Honor needs the whole room to be in her view. This is necessary so that there are no invisible areas in the room in which the child can “hide”.
It is very important that the angle of view of the camera and the distance to the baby clearly reflect the position of the baby (the optimal distance between the baby and the camera is 1-1.5m). To do this, be sure to use two blocks, a child’s and a parent’s, to immediately display on the monitor and correct the image from the camera if necessary.
- Turn on the camera and monitor (it is better to do everything first on stationary power from power supplies), check their joint functioning.
- If the baby and parent unit are close to each other. there may be a sound signal in the monitor, interference and shaking of the image on the screen, you do not need to worry right away. In this case, separate the blocks slightly from each other, check the battery charge.
- Install the camera so that the child does not have access to the cables. the power supply unit and the camera itself. From this point of view, the most convenient place can be a tall cabinet, mezzanine, upper wall area or ceiling. Be sure to test the combination of the camera and monitor in the place where the camera will stand before it is rigidly fixed. The camera should be installed no closer than 1.5 meters from the baby’s cot. Do not place the device’s camera in a crib or playpen, or attach a tripod to it. Make sure the device, cables and power supply are out of the reach of your child and other small children.
- Rotate the camera lens (if the design allows it) until you get the clearest image on the monitor screen and adjust the baby monitor.
- After you have set up the baby monitor system in the room with the child, it makes sense to move around the apartment with the monitor to make sure that the signal is well and stably received and that nothing interferes with it. It is necessary to adjust the brightness, contrast, sensitivity of the sensors in the monitor.
- To check the sensitivity of the microphone and sensors (motion and sound), if your baby monitor has them, ask someone to talk at different volumes (you can use a TV) near the camera.
- Select a location to install the baby monitor display. It can be attached to a wall, placed on a table, refrigerator or shelf, or attached to a belt. Again, it all depends on the design features.
- Install the baby monitor in a place with free air circulation. Do not place it on soft pillows or blankets, in the corners of cabinets, shelves, etc. The baby monitor should be away from heat sources such as radiators, chimneys, stoves; also avoid direct sunlight. Do not cover the transmitter or camera. All devices must be ventilated, generate heat outside. In the best case, if the baby monitor overheats, it will simply fail, in the worst case, a fire is possible.
- Keep the camera away from TVs, radios or repeaters. The strong signals generated by these devices can cause noise or even sounds and images on the monitor. In such situations, move the camera to a different location.
- IMPORTANT. Baby monitor “cannot be used as a medical device or as a complete substitute for direct observation of a child or a sick person.
- carefully read the instructions before using and connecting the baby monitor. Keep it for the entire time the baby monitor is in use.
- to avoid electric shock, do not open the operating units and do not allow water to enter them.
- do not use “non-native” adapters to power devices
- heed all warnings.
- it is not recommended to use the baby monitor when the air temperature is below 0 ° С!
- Before connecting the baby monitor to a power outlet, make sure that the voltage rating indicated on the adapter corresponds to the local mains voltage.
- do not try to repair the device yourself! In case of breakdown, contact the service center.
- do not allow combined installation of conventional batteries and accumulators, as well as alkalina cells and salt
- if you are not going to use your baby monitor for a long time, disconnect the power supplies from the 220V network. And remove the batteries from the monitor
- do not allow power supplies to heat up. do not place them near batteries, stoves, or cover the ventilation slots in them
- Avoid placing cables from power supplies in the path where they can be torn or pinched and the nanny video units fall.
- very gently wipe dusty blocks using a slightly damp, clean cloth. Be sure to unplug the power supplies before cleaning
- do not use new and discharged cells together
- do not short-circuit the connectors of batteries and adapters
- place the batteries according to the polarity picture
- do not try to charge conventional (salt and alkaline) batteries
- do not allow baby monitors or power supplies to fall into the hands of children
- the device can only be installed indoors
- do not allow installation and use of baby monitors in wet rooms (bathrooms, swimming pools, etc.)
- don’t let the blocks fall
- do not forget that the frequency range of the baby monitor can be used by other devices as well. If you are in a room where a camera with a microphone is installed and conduct conversations, turn it off to avoid eavesdropping
- if the picture or sound is subject to strong interference, try switching to another channel (from 1 to 4)
- do not point the camera towards a strong light source (the camera matrix may be illuminated)
- do not place the camera or monitor near large metal surfaces. this will significantly shorten the operating distance of the device.
- it is not recommended to use the video baby monitor by persons (including children) with mental impairments, mentally retarded, as well as people who do not have sufficient knowledge to use household appliances. It could hurt them. Attention! This device cannot replace direct adult supervision of a child.!
How to connect a baby monitor to a phone, iPhone (iPhone)?
The parent unit for Wi-Fi baby monitors and hybrid models of baby monitors can be iOS devices (iPad, iPhone), Android, Windows (desktop computers), Mac. In order to connect a baby monitor to a phone, iPhone (iPhone) and other iOS Android, Windows devices, it is usually necessary to follow the following algorithm:
- Install the camera in a place where the Wi-Fi signal reaches and is free of interference. Do not install it in a place subject to direct sunlight, strong light or dust; the visibility from the installation site must be open. Do not install it where there are many obstacles.
- Download and install a dedicated free mobile app. The name of the application is listed in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to the Wi-Fi network to which the baby monitor will be connected.
- Run the application and click the “Create account” button.
- Enter your e-mail, come up with and enter a password and confirm it.
- Connect the power adapter to the camera and connect to the mains.
- Connect the camera to your phone using a USB cable from your smartphone or tablet.
- A confirmation window will appear on the phone screen. allow the use of a password from your Wi-Fi network.
- Wait for the camera to install.
- Once the installation is complete, you can disconnect the USB cable from the camera.
The baby monitor can be connected to the phone and other devices listed above via the Wi-Fi Direct function. With Wi-Fi Direct, you can easily connect your camera to a router without a cable.
Connect your camera. After connecting the power, the status LED turns red and starts blinking after the download is complete.
After pressing the Wi-Fi Direct button on the back of the camera, the LED will turn yellow / light green.
Select and register the camera referring to the instructions in the manual of the mobile device.
While the camera is connected to the server, set up the wireless environment according to the instructions in the instructions. `The camera can only be registered via a mobile device. `If the router does not have UPnP, you can connect in relay mode. The setting may differ for different router models.
How to Connect iPhone to Computer via Wi-Fi and iTunes Sync
One of the features that enhance the capabilities of Apple mobile devices is synchronization with computers. And if earlier it was released using a cable connection via the USB interface, then the modern method involves wireless WI-FI technology. Here’s how to connect your iPhone to your computer in an official and alternative way.
Note that a large amount of power is always needed to start the synchronization process. Therefore, charging when in offline mode must be at least 20%. If you look at the official information, then you can proHonor recommendation of the obligatory connection to the mains of the device, in order to avoid disruption of the synchronization process.
Follow our instructions. First, we will install and test the special software. Let’s start with a stationary computer or laptop, where we determine whether iTunes is connected or not. Download the application for synchronizing iPhone with PC to your computer or laptop, and tear it off in the standard way, if there is an installer.
It is important to make a reservation here. The connection, although it assumes communication without a wire, however, the first setup will still require a cable with USB.
Open the iTunes menu, find the “Overview” tab and the corresponding item “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.” Check the box and click “Apply”.
By this action, you will find a specific Apple device in the immediate environment for synchronization on your computer monitor. Then remove the cord from the mobile device. Now you have configured a physical interface for sharing over a Wi-Fi network.
Attention! Synchronization is only possible for media, text and backup files. If you try, for example, to synchronize databases, a warning message will pop up stating that this type of data has not been authorized.
Synchronization starts directly from setting the settings in the main screen of the iPhone, by going to the “Settings” application. Moving down the menu, select and click “Sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi.” After that, summary information about active computers will become available.
It remains only to confirm the intention to synchronize with the desired PC. This is done by clicking the “Synchronize now” button at the very bottom of the current window.
I draw your attention to the following: if the connection is successful, the caption on the button should change to “Cancel synchronization”.
Using iTunes wireless sync via Wi-Fi, it is convenient to send any movies and programs, make settings from both devices without problems. True, the quality of data transmission will be slightly worse than that of a cable connection.
However, it is possible to ensure a full exchange of data between digital devices only if three prerequisites are met:
- Connection to one Wi-Fi network;
- Updating the operating system on the iPhone to at least the fifth version;
- The presence on the PC of the proprietary application iTunes 6.
Note: Many gadget owners may have outdated iPhone models (2 or 3G). They cannot be flashed to the specified OS version for technical reasons. That is, the official WI-FI synchronization will not take place. But as an alternative, it is permissible to use a third-party Wi-Fi Sync application.
How to connect iPhone to computer and use iTunes, see the following
Difference between official and unofficial sync
It exists and affects purely technical aspects. The difference is in the number of simultaneous connections. An unofficial utility allows you to access the exchange with only one computer in the iPhone settings. Whereas the official installation will already allow full synchronization of all PCs in the range of one Wi-Fi network.
The algorithm is simple, but how to sync an iPhone with a computer if an abnormal situation suddenly arises? Synchronization may not start the first time because communication errors are reported on the PC.
In some cases, it is useful to reboot the PC. Still, the solution to problems is usually associated with the ports of the router. We are talking about ports TCP 123 and 3689, UDP 123 and 5353.
Also check your PC firewall. Its current security policy may interfere with wireless sync.
That’s all I wanted to tell you about. I think there will be no difficulties here. But if you have any questions or comments appeared during the reading, be sure to write! Bye everyone!
How to connect to open networks?
Connecting to Wi-Fi isn’t difficult. To understand how to set up Wi-Fi on iPhone, just go to “Settings” and click on the “Wi-Fi” field.
Select a network from the open list. If required, enter the password, and then click on the blue inscription: “Connect.” at the top right of the screen. If the connection was successful, a checkmark will appear to the left of the network name, and a Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
If you often use a specific network, then there is no need to do all the above steps every time. Scroll down and turn on the “Request to connect” feature. The device will now automatically connect to a known Wi-Fi.
On versions of iOS 10.0 and higher, for example, on iPhone 6, 7, turning on Wi-Fi can be much easier. If the “Request to connect” function is enabled, then just swipe up and click on the antenna icon, this is how it looks:
How to connect Wi-Fi on iPhone: complete instructions from the Hamster
IPhone owners often face Wi-Fi connectivity issues. This article explains how to turn on Wi-Fi on iPhone, the most common problems and how to solve them on different models.
How to connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks?
It is possible that the required connection is not displayed in the “Wi-Fi” tab. Most likely, the network is hidden. Most users rarely encounter such hotspots, so they don’t know how to connect hidden Wi-Fi on iPhone.
In the already described way, go to the “Wi-Fi” menu, click on the “Other” tab. You can find out the name of the network from its administrator, who will also tell you the type of security. If for some incredible reason it was not possible to find out the type of security, then the most reliable option would be “WPA2” for home networks, “WPA2 Corporate”. for public.
The most common mistakes and problems
Find out how to solve wireless problems in the following
- Connection problems on an already connected network;
- The word Wi-Fi in the settings is written in gray and the slider does not move.
There are a number of measures to fix connection problems on Apple phones:
- The most common way to solve the problem and turn on the wireless module on the iPhone is to turn Wi-Fi on / off.
- If this does not help, then you should delete the network and reconnect to it. To do this, click on the “i” button to the right of the Wi-Fi name.
- Then in the open menu, find the field “Forget this network” and click on it. Now the forgotten wireless connection will appear in the list of available.
- The third option is to reboot the router (disable and enable). Sometimes a factory reset is needed. Usually the “Reset” button is responsible for this.
- You can also reset your network settings. In this case, all Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth users, VPN and APN settings will be forgotten. This requires:
- go to “Basic” in the settings,
- in the menu that opens, select “Reset network settings”,
If the connection is not restored, the problem is probably in the malfunction of parts or overlays in the work of the Internet provider, which you cannot fix.
To establish a Wi-Fi connection on an iPhone, if the word “Wi-Fi” is grayed out and the slider does not move, you need to:
- Make a hard reboot of the system. It differs from the usual one in that it resets the temporary data, due to which the wireless module can work. To perform the procedure, you must simultaneously hold down the “Home” (central) button and the lock button. Here’s what you need to hold down on the example of the iPhone 5 / 5s / SE:
- The second option will be to reset the network settings, the method has already been described earlier.
- You can also upgrade your operating system. This decision is especially true for users of the sixth iPhone model. This is due to the fact that for some reason the old version of iOS is often installed on the new sixes. To update the operating system, you must:
- go to “Basic”,
- in the page that opens, the search for updates will begin, and when one is found, click on the inscription that appears: “Request an update”.
At the time of writing, the newest version is iOS 12.2.
- Owners of the iPhone 4s and 5 are the least fortunate, since the new iOS has not been supported on them for more than three years. But there is one more solution. So, to turn on Wi-Fi on iPhone 4s or 5, gently warm up the part of the phone just above the “apple” with a hairdryer for 30-50 seconds.
And even though in the video below the author heats up for 7-8 minutes, do not repeat this! The user manual says that prolonged heat treatment can lead to an explosion:
Wi-Fi troubleshooting on iPad works the same way as on iPhone. That’s all. If you have any questions, feel free to write in the comments! Until!
Setting up the DVR and rear view camera
The procedure for configuring the DVR is as follows:
- Connect the DVR and PC with a patch cord. Set basic network settings in the DVR parameters: SSID and password.
- Connect the camera with a similar patch cord to the PC. Go to the web interface of the camcorder and find the section on wireless configurations.
- Connect the camera to a Wi-Fi router. To do this, indicate the created or old wireless network, the access code from this network and the encryption mode. The main thing is not to forget to activate the “Connect automatically” option.
- Reboot the camcorder and disconnect it from the router.
- Go to the recorder and add any customized video equipment to the desired communication channel. As soon as this is done, a picture will immediately appear on the screen.
There are many ways to connect cameras to PCs or phones
How to connect a Wi-Fi camera to a computer or laptop
There are several ways to connect Wi-Fi cameras. They look like this:
- offline mode, when the device does not connect to anything, but simply records, encodes, compresses and sends to the hard drive, SD card, etc.;
- connection with a wireless Wi-Fi video recorder, which receives its signals and transmitted data;
- use with personal computers or laptops. One of the most common options that has gained its popularity for its ease of setup and versatility.
As it was said, people often connect camcorders to personal computers, bypassing DVRs. The first method is impractical, since it will not be possible to monitor in real time everything that enters the lens of the device.
For your information! The simplest connection scheme is based on using a TV with Wi-Fi support, but if you need to not only monitor, but also fix it, this will not be enough. To do this, use a PC or laptop with a capacious hard drive.
All that is required to connect a wireless Wi-Fi camera is to install special drivers and instrument software on a PC or laptop. Further, a connection is simply created between the two devices.
The computer used to view and save video recordings must support wireless data transmission, that is, have a built-in or external Wi-Fi adapter.
This type of camera has its drawbacks, which is that the signals and electromagnetic waves that couple the devices can be significantly weakened by passing through walls and other obstacles. When installing them, this fact is thought out in advance. Also, the signal travels and is processed more slowly over the air than over the cable, which means there is a delay in the playback of streaming recording.
Internet Camcorder Connection Kit
What is a Wi-Fi camera, how does it work
Before you figure out how to connect a Wi-Fi camera, you should understand what it is all about. Wi-Fi CCTV cameras are one of the branches of IP technology. They have their own web server, instantly compress video to save free space, and also have all the same advantages as conventional IP cameras. The difference between them lies only in the method of data transfer and the presetting of the connection.
Camcorders that use Wi-Fi technology are conventional wireless cameras that support the transfer of captured data over Wi-Fi. The advantage of such devices is obvious: there is no need to stretch or lay wires or cables to transmit signals to a recorder, router or other devices.
Note! A Wi-Fi camcorder is installed in those places where it is problematic to stretch the wires, or in rooms with a ready-made and beautiful repair.
It should be understood that these devices are not completely self-contained, as they must receive uninterrupted electrical power in order to continue filming. In any case, one cable is laid. this is the cord from the power supply. Usually the latter is used at 12 V, and plugged into a regular household 220 V outlet.
Wi-Fi cameras can work wirelessly, it’s easy to connect to them
Connecting an action camera
First of all, you need to download and install the appropriate software on your phone.
Important! It is supplied by the manufacturer. If suddenly the connection does not occur, then you should check its version on the official website, and also make sure that the wireless network is sufficiently stable.
Different cameras have different applications and connection algorithms. In general, it looks like this:
- Enable Action Device.
- Activate the wireless Wi-Fi module through which the interaction will be carried out. It is also represented by an analog button or a special item in the settings menu.
- Install special software from the manufacturer on your phone or tablet.
- Connect devices on the same network.
- Enter the installed application and sync with the selected camcorder model.
How to connect the camera to the phone via Wi-Fi
Sometimes people want to be able to stream video from their cameras directly on their phone. This is convenient, but requires a certain sequence of steps to connect. Here’s how to connect a Wi-Fi or IP camera to your phone.
How to connect a Wi-Fi camera. detailed instructions
Security and privacy play a huge role in today’s world. To a large extent, they are provided with digital technologies and special devices. One of them is a Wi-Fi security camera. It is a powerful enough tool to improve the security of an office, home, warehouse or personal garden. It is necessary to understand in more detail how to configure an IP camera via Wi-Fi, what it is and how to connect it.
IP camera setup
As it has already become clear, the difference between an IP camera and Wi-Fi equipment lies in the method of connection. The first option must always be connected to the PC using a special cable. Configuration is carried out through a special program, which is located on the disk that comes with the equipment, or through any browser where the web interface will be available. In this regard, video cameras are similar to ordinary routers, which also have a settings address, login and password to enter them.
Viewing an image in a camcorder on a PC
IP camera connection
In the case of using a digital wireless video camera with a P2P cloud service, the process looks simple:
- Install a cloud service application that is used in video equipment.
- Create a new account in it, if the old one does not exist.
- Synchronize devices and connect them to the same network.
Note! If this is an IP camera that connects to the DVR with a wire, then if it does not support Wi-Fi, you will also have to connect a router to it. It is not a fact that such a bundle will work stably due to various compatibility problems.
How to connect to wi-fi via a phone from a router
How to connect to Wi-Fi from a mobile phone without entering a password?. simple enough.
We connect WI-FI to OC Android via WPS
To do this, we perform the following steps:
- in the smartphone, open the wi-fi (WLAN) settings;
- find “additional” or “advanced settings” and go to them;
- select “WPS by button” / “use WPS”;
- on the router, press the router button.
After the actions taken, the device connects without asking for a password.
OC iOS (iphone) via WPS
Unfortunately, the iPhone settings do not provide an opportunity to connect in this way.
If you want to try to carry out such a connection process, you can familiarize yourself with the help page on the Apple website, which describes in detail the recommendation for configuring the router to connect iOS devices.
Connecting to Wi-Fi via WPS
This option is a good way to connect without entering passwords.
To connect a computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10 in this way, you will need to follow these steps:
- find the one you need in the list of available networks and click “connect”;
- in the window that appears for entering the password, at the bottom of the plate, select the inscription “connect using the buttons on the router”;
- then press the WPS button on the router itself;
- in this way, your device will be connected to the access point without entering a code.
The absence of such a window indicates that this function is not supported by your Wi-Fi adapter on a laptop.
Standard laptop connection to the router:
- We connect the cable to the router (WAN port), the other end of the wire is connected to the computer (when connecting for the first time, it is better to use this option than wireless). We plug the router into an outlet, if there is a power button, turn it on and give a couple of minutes to boot.
- Then there will be several options:
- First. the router is connected by the provider and received the settings automatically (to check, go to the browser, download a couple of tabs). Working. connected.
- Second. the router does not connect automatically. you need to set up an Internet connection. Detailed instructions can be found on the provider’s website, since subsequent settings depend on its settings and router model.
- We look at the settings, in the address bar of the browser, enter “192.168.11” or “192.168.01” and press ENTER. If the address does not match, look at the one you need in the documents for the router (or on the sticker on the back cover of the router), after which the system may ask you to enter the username and password (maybe. admin for two fields or 1234). Detailed information can be viewed on the provider’s website or in the attached instructions. Next, we configure the router in accordance with the instructions on the website of your Internet provider.
- Finally, you need to set up your home wi-fi network. Going into the settings, find the section that is responsible for the wireless connection, come up with and write down a strong password. It will also be used to connect the rest of your devices. And at the end choose WPA2-PSK security.
This completes the standard configuration of the computer to the router.
Apps with global Wi-Fi password databases
One of the ways to hack a closed network is to find and substitute the desired password using applications with global password databases to connect to Wi-Fi networks. All you need to do is download the application, enter your region (geolocation) and the name of the WI-FI access point, the password from which you want to receive. Next, the application will search its database and provide the current password.
The most popular applications with WI-FI passwords:
- WI-FI You;
- Wi-fi map;
- Wi-Fi Passwords;
- Swift WI-FI;
- Router Scan.
The process of finding the password itself can take from a few seconds to several minutes, but the waiting time is rewarded by access to the network.
Interception and hacking of a password from a Wi-Fi neighbor
You can also get access to someone else’s network by intercepting and hacking. To do this, the following actions are performed: the “AirSlax” program is installed on the gadget, after which it is installed by the downloaded archive on the USB flash drive and the “bootinst.bat” file is launched. so you will always have a “magic wand” at hand for quick selection.
When the file is launched, the “Alt F1” combination is pressed, a menu is displayed in which “AiroScript” is selected. From the list of networks that appears, select the one necessary for hacking (if there is no required one, press “1 Enter.” Next, in the list of commands, select the automatic mode, after which it starts automatically intercepting traffic and decrypting WEP passwords, as well as intercepting the handshake of WPA networks.
How to connect to Wi-Fi on a Windows laptop
And so, how to connect to Windows wi-fi? The easiest way to connect is when your laptop sees the desired wi-fi network. In this case, you just need to click on the corresponding WI-FI-network icon in the lower right corner of the screen, select an access point and enter the password.
On Windows 10, the process of connecting to the network is not much different from the standard.
PC programs to connect to Wi-Fi of a neighbor without a password
There are quite a few programs for connecting to someone else’s Wi-Fi for a stationary PC or laptop, much more than for Android. This is understandable, Android is a relatively new OS when compared to Windows or Linux. We have collected the most common and necessary programs that will definitely help you, here they are:
- Wi-Ficrack. an electronic dictionary with millions of possible passwords for Wi-Fi networks.
- Macchanger. programs for spoofing the Mac address of your device, you need to connect via WPS.
- Airodump-ng. an application that can determine the allowed address for connecting to someone else’s Wi-Fi network without a password.
- Wi-Fiphisher. a program for catching (forgery) the password of someone else’s password.
Manual and software selection of a password for wi-fi
You can test your luck and try to guess the password manually. First, birthdays or significant dates (if you know them), simple combinations of a number of numbers or standard company passwords (if the network name has not been changed) are checked, the cipher can be one of: qwertyui, qw1234er, Password, repeating one number eight times. This method has no guarantees, it all depends on your imagination and the imagination of your neighbor. By the way, we have an excellent article with the most popular passwords from Wi-fi networks in runet, read!
Android apps for connecting to Wi-Fi without knowing the password
We have selected some of the best and most reliable Android apps for connecting to a neighbor’s Wi-Fi, here they are:
- WPS Connect is an auto-generator application for guessing passwords from WI-FI networks, it will take a password in a couple of minutes.
- WI-FI You. storage of millions of passwords from wi-fi networks around the world;
- Wi-Finspect is an application for advanced users that allows you to conduct a detailed analysis of someone else’s network;
- WI-FI WPS WPA TESTER. steals the password from an insufficiently protected Wi-Fi access point using the identified vulnerabilities.
Connecting iPhone to PC via cable or Wi-Fi
No matter how afraid users of iOS devices are to connect their devices to a computer and no matter how many legends on this topic, false and not so, go on the network, sooner or later there comes a moment when it is extremely necessary to connect an iPhone to a PC.
There is nothing terrible or really difficult in this, and now we will consider all the options and try with you to choose the most convenient and acceptable one specifically for you. So, today we are figuring out how to connect an iPhone to a computer with a Mac or Windows operating system.
Ways to Connect iPhone to Computer
Perhaps not as noticeable, but Apple is working hard not only on the design and functionality of the iPhone itself, but also trying to improve its compatibility and ease of everyday use for any user. Initially, iOS devices only had a wired connection to a computer using the USB cable supplied with any device. Later they brought the ability to connect gadgets to a PC or Mac using a Wi-Fi connection without using wires.
There is a strong feeling that in the near future the company will present even more advanced and modern methods of pairing with a computer, but for now, let’s take a closer look at how to connect an iPhone using the supplied USB cable or Wi-Fi network. Each of these two methods has its undeniable advantages and small disadvantages, and most importantly, you can alternate both of these connections, using all the functionality provided in the iPhone.
Wi-Fi wireless connection
To achieve a stable connection “computer-iPhone” and at the same time not use any wires, you do not need much at all. just a configured router. You can connect to a computer in this way iPhone 4 / 4s, 5 / 5c / 5s, 6/6 Plus. With such a connection with a computer, only one condition needs to be met. both the computer and the iPhone must work in the same Wi-Fi network. Due to the technology itself, you will slightly lose in speed when transferring large files, but you do not have to wait for the synchronization to complete, fearing to disconnect the cable.
In order to set up synchronization over a Wi-Fi network, you need to connect both devices to the same access point, launch iTunes and activate the function of synchronizing the device with a computer via Wi-Fi on the main property page of your iPhone. In the future, you will not need to re-configure and establish an additional connection. All you need to do to get started is launch iTunes on your computer.
Reservation. To make this setting possible, you first need to connect your iPhone via a USB cable, and only after activating the functionality, you can refuse the cable.
USB cable connection
From the day the very first iPhone went on sale, a proprietary USB cable is always supplied with the device, which serves both for charging and for pairing the iPhone with external devices. We will look at an example of connecting an iPhone 4S to a computer running Windows 7. In other models newer than 4s, the cable connection is no different, so feel free to follow the following rules for any device. iPhone 3GS, iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c or iPhone 6 / 6 Plus.
To establish a connection between PC and iPhone, you will need a personal computer itself (running on Windows or Mac OS), an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod), a USB cable, which is always included in the kit (in my 4S it is a cable with a 30-pin connector. in younger models it is a Lightning cable), and the iTunes program, which can be downloaded from our website via direct links (all files are located on Apple servers). If it is already installed on your computer, then I strongly recommend checking and installing updates before connecting.
Along with the iTunes program, the appropriate drivers will be installed on the computer, thanks to which the OS will be able to recognize the smartphone connected via the USB connector. If iTunes is not already installed, then Windows can work with my 4s and with your iPhone as a removable media (flash drive), but only in read mode. Through Explorer, the computer will only be given access to the Camera Roll and you can view and transfer to your hard drive the photos and videos captured on your iPhone. You cannot write data to a smartphone without iTunes.
Through iTunes, using a wired connection to the computer, in my 4s I can fully or partially synchronize with the computer, save a backup, download movies, music, personal information such as contacts, notes, voice recordings to the iPhone, install and uninstall applications, etc. iPhone games.
The USB connection allows you to achieve a higher transfer rate of information both from the smartphone and to its memory, but you must remain with the PC and cannot interrupt the connection until the synchronization is complete. The 4 / 4s models use an outdated USB 2.0 connection, while more modern models use high-speed USB 3.0.
Pros and Cons of both types of connections
The main advantage of connecting to a computer using a USB cable is the ability to restore the device firmware, return the original settings and completely erase all user content.
Pairing with a computer wirelessly eliminates this possibility, but, fortunately, most users need this feature extremely rarely and is used mainly when software crashes, an update is released or the device is prepared for sale (this is exactly what I will do with my 4s after this review. ).
The most common problems when trying to connect an IOS phone to Wi-Fi
It often happens that they seem to have done the right thing and followed the instructions, but nevertheless it is not possible to connect the phone with the IOS operating system to Wi-Fi. Do not despair and think that the saying “Technique in the hands of a monkey is a piece of iron” about you. Most likely, this is not a technical glitch.
If you can’t connect your phone to Wi-Fi, do the following:
- Check the router connection. And also make sure you are in range.
- Check that the Wi-Fi option is enabled on your smartphone. Go to “Settings”, then to “Wi-Fi”. If there is a blue check mark next to the desired name, this means that the connection in the phone is complete and problems are observed in the router.
- If you want to connect your phone to Wi-Fi at home, then check if the cables are connected correctly and if the router is configured correctly.
- Reboot your IOS phone and reconfigure it.
- Reboot the router and also reconfigure it.
If all else fails, try the following:
- If you are trying to connect a smartphone in a public place, contact an employee of the establishment and ask him to set up Wi-Fi.
- Check the connection on other devices, such as a laptop, or ask others if the Internet works for them. If the other devices are also not connected, then there is a problem with the Internet provider. Contact your internet provider.
- Try connecting to a different location or Wi-Fi. If attempts are unsuccessful, contact a service center to check your Iphone.
- Update the firmware version of the router and check that your smartphone is in the list of supported devices.
How to connect Android to Wi-Fi
Many people think that setting up an Iphone is really not an easy task. Few would argue with this statement. But about Android, many believe that these are easy-to-use smartphones that even a child can figure out. However, in fact, when trying to set up Wi-Fi, there may be some difficulties here.
In general, the popularity of Android is growing every day. Probably, there is no longer a person who does not have a smartphone or tablet with the Android operating system in the arsenal of home appliances. Even the smallest children today actively use these gadgets instead of the usual toys, dolls, cars, etc. But at the same time, few people know how to properly configure Wi-Fi.
It is worth connecting a smartphone once and in the future the smartphone will independently connect to Wi-Fi. But it is not uncommon to observe situations when you need to configure Android manually.
For a visual illustration, we will use the LG G4 smartphone with the version of the Android 5.1 operating system. However, the model doesn’t matter, Android smartphones are pretty much the same.
Before you start configuring Android, you need to set up Wi-Fi by turning on the adapter. The adapter can be turned on in two ways:
- Through the toolbar.
- Through device parameters.
The first method is very convenient: swipe your finger across the screen (from top to bottom) and see the toolbar, as in the figure:
We are looking for a Wi-Fi button with a corresponding icon. Click on it and thus activate the Wi-Fi model.
After that, the system starts searching for available wireless networks and the following list appears on the screen:
Choose the one you need and connect. If it is password protected, enter a combination of characters and click “Connect”. The whole process is automated and does not take much time.
Another question is if the connection is hidden in the router parameters or the DHCP function is disabled. Then you need to configure Android manually.
How to connect Wi-Fi on an Iphone
IMPORTANT! Before setting up your phone, first check if you are within range of a particular wireless Wi-Fi connection. You can use home Wi-Fi, or you can connect the Iphone to free networks, for example, in cafes or shopping centers.
- We go to the home screen and go to the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the line “Wi-Fi” and enable the option.
- Then it will automatically search for available Wi-Fi.
- Choose a name and connect.
This method is suitable for connecting to unsecured routers, for example, in public places.
If you are connecting to secure Wi-Fi, the sequence will be slightly different:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the line “Wi-Fi” and enable the option.
- After automatic search for Wi-Fi, select the desired access point.
- Enter the password and click “Connect”.
If you cannot connect your phone to Wi-Fi in this way, then you are entering the wrong password. To find out the correct one, contact your Wi-Fi administrator.
DO NOT FORGET! To connect your phone to secure Wi-Fi, you need to know the password, a “lock” icon is displayed next to such connections.
There are also situations when you need to connect your phone to a hidden access point that is not displayed in the general list. To connect a smartphone, you need to know the exact name of the Wi-Fi:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the line “Wi-Fi” and enable the option.
- Press “Other” and enter the exact name.
- Click “Security”.
- After that, you need to select the type of protection, as shown in the illustration below.
- We return to the “Other network” item and enter the password.
- Click “Connect”.
How to manually configure Wi-Fi on Android if the connection to the router is hidden
As with the first method, we first need to enable the adapter. But the methods listed above do not suit us for this. Changing the strategy: first go to “Settings”. And then we act depending on the version of the phone. We find the item “Wi-Fi” and open its menu. We turn on the adapter. If you have an earlier model, then find the item “Wireless & networks” and select “Wi-Fi Settings”. We translate the adapter into the on position.
Next, we proceed to the manual search for available connections: you will be presented with a list of access points that were found automatically. If you are connecting to a hidden network, click “Add Wi-Fi”:
Enter the exact name of the hidden access point (SSID) and proceed to security, as in the illustration below:
IMPORTANT! The entered name must match the name that is specified in the router.
How to share wifi password from iPhone to iPhone | iPad | iPod
How to manually set up Wi-Fi on Android. if DHCP function is disabled
In order to add a new connection to a router with disabled DHCP function, put a tick in the “Connect additional parameters” line. Then you will be able to independently enter the IP-address, proxy-server and other information. To enter an IP address and other information, select Static for IP Settings. We fill in the lines that appear with data about the router and start “Save” or “Ok”.
As you can see, special professional knowledge and skills are not required, the process is simple and straightforward. If you follow the instructions provided and do everything correctly, you will be able to set up your Android or Iphone in a matter of minutes. We hope this article helped you.
WI-FI connection without password
A person can deny this fact as long as he wants, but he will still remain true. everyone loves a freebie. With such a positive note, we will begin our today’s discussion on how to connect to WI-FI without knowing the password from any access point. But first things first.
To begin with, let’s briefly figure out what this WI-FI is like? The answer is as follows: WI-FI is a wireless way to connect to the World Wide Web and local area network. The main difference from the traditional (wired) connection is that when connecting via Wi-Fi, no wires are used, and the second difference is that with this method of connection, you can simultaneously access the Internet from several dozen or even more devices using only 1 router You need to know that there are WI-FI access points. without protection and the one with a password.
When Wi-Fi is without a password, you do not need to know any code word. Access to the Internet or a local network is carried out without a password and you can sit on the sites as long as you like, until, of course, the signal source is disconnected from the power.
If any business center is built near your house, then it is possible that the Wi-Fi password that is used in it is simply missing. Judge for yourself, free WI-FI is available almost everywhere. in cafes, airports, shopping centers. In addition, in different cities you can find places that are completely covered by Wi-Fi, not to mention entire cities where the Internet is always free. I think this is correct and also very convenient.
But what if you only use the Internet at home and there are no open points with Wi-Fi? How to find out the password from a nearby Wi-Fi point (from neighbors, for example)?
Oh yes, I completely forgot to say at the beginning of the article that you will not find any hacking techniques here. There are programs and even hardware that can help you hack Wi-Fi. But I will not announce the principle of their work, so excuse me. The purpose of this article is to talk about some of the possibilities, since letters sometimes come on this issue.
First, we need to make sure 100% that WI-FI is exactly blocked with a password, or we need to prove the opposite. How can I check this? Easily! I will explain using the example of Windows 7. To do this, you need to turn on your WI-FI. You can read about this in: “How to enable WI-FI on a laptop”.
We go to the “Start” menu. “Control Panel”, click “Network and Internet”, then under the “Network and Sharing Center” we look for the item “Connect to the network” and click on it.
A small window will appear on the lower right side of the screen. It will display a list of all networks that your Wi-Fi is picking up. Each inscription will have the following form: “Name”, “Status (Connected or not)” and “Signal level (small figure with four vertical stripes, the more there are, the stronger the signal)”.
Hover over the desired Wi-Fi mouse and view the signal information. Just from this information, you can understand whether a password is set on this Wi-Fi. And more specifically by the inscription “Type of security”. In this case, there is a password, since the security type is “WPA2-PSK”.
When this signal is open, that is, without a password, you can be happy and thank its owners for free access to the network.
Let’s consider the most probable and deplorable outcome (in your opinion). only those points are available where the password is set. I am a supporter of using someone else’s Internet in an unfair way, although one of my acquaintances has been trying to convince for several years in the opposite, but I did not succumb to his tricks;).
By the way, in August 2013 I moved to a kopeck piece on the 3rd floor, as they say Jewish. So, I can talk on the radio phone on the street without any interference. What’s stopping you from doing Wi-Fi on the street? A little off topic, but if you are sometimes on the street near your house, for example, you walk your son or daughter, then you can surf the Internet through your Wi-Fi.
For hacking Wi-Fi, there are special utilities that contain a database of passwords that are usually used. Also, this database may contain something like: “qwerty” or “1234abcd” and so on. All these options are stored in a single text file located in the root directory of the program, or, if necessary, specify let to this file. So, this utility tries to connect to WI-FI automatically, trying every possible password option. It may happen that someday she will find the one she needs, but it may take several days, or even a couple of weeks. In addition, it is absolutely impossible to calculate all the options.
If you do not understand how to connect to WI-FI without knowing the password using some program, then try another one. Perhaps you have not figured out how to work in it.
A lot of articles have been written on the Internet where you can find out what programs are used to crack a password to connect to Wi-Fi. There is no point in listing them, since I have already said that I will not tell you how to use them. There are also special equipment, yes, they cost money, but they work very effectively.