How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud Storage
Transferring contacts via iCloud cloud storage is the best solution for those who bought a new smartphone and also have a stable Internet connection on both smartphones.
Go to iPhone settings. If you have iOS 10.2 or older, then just go to the iCloud menu. If the version of the operating system is newer, but first you need to go to the section in your name or phone name, and already in it, to the iCloud tab.
In the tab, select the Backup item and enable only the backup of contacts in it. After that, click on the create backup button.
After creating a copy, go to settings in iCloud on the second iPhone if it is also linked through the same Apple ID. Now turn off all recovery options except contacts by simply turning off the corresponding switches.
Run a restore from a previously created backup, which will only be done for contacts. Now this device will have all the contacts from the book of the past.
This method allows you to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone only with the decency of the Internet, which is not a problem now. You can also use iCloud to transfer settings, photos, videos, application data and any other files, up to transferring all data and settings from one iPhone to another.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via Tenorshare iTransGo
We have a good way to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another without using cloud storage is Tenorshare’s iTransGo utility. The utility has a simple, unloaded interface. The new versions of the product have Russian, which makes the work easier. The method requires just a few clicks from you.
Connect both iPhones while powered on to the computer. Run Tenorshare iTransGo utility and wait while it detects smartphones.
The utility will show from which to which smartphone the data will be transferred, so if the order does not fit, then click on the “flip” button in order to swap the smartphones. Click on the button “next” or further.
Now you will be presented with a selection of all Spectra files that can be moved from one iPhone to another. Here just select the required item “Text content” and in it “Contacts”. Click the “Start transfer” button to start the process of transferring contacts from one smartphone to another.
[4 Ways] How To Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone Tutorial 2021
Do not disconnect both devices until the transfer is complete. After that, contacts from the old smartphone will be transferred to the new one.
This method only requires you to have a computer and two wires for your smartphone. The weight process barely takes a few minutes and is suitable for those who do not want to understand the intricacies of the synchronization processes and the work of the iTunes utility.
How to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another using iTunes utility
The second method for how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone is iTunes. This is a standard utility for working with an iPhone or any other Apple mobile device from a computer. This method is most relevant for those who have problems with Internet access.
Connect the iPhone from which you want to transfer contacts to your computer and run the iTunes utility. Wait for the sync to finish or interrupt it.
Select the “info” tab under music, videos and files. The tab will contain information about your iPhone, as well as the option we need to sync contacts. Make sure that there is a check mark next to the item with contact synchronization, that is, contacts are synchronized.
Start sync. Wait for it to end and connect the second iPhone.
On it, also go to the “info” tab, enable synchronization of contacts and start synchronization. After that, it will have all the contacts from the first iPhone.
iTunes allows you to fully sync not only contacts on your devices, but all other data as well. The utility itself is available for free download on the official Apple website. Versions for Windows starting from Windows 7 and MAC are also available. The utility works with any iPhone model, as well as any other Apple mobile device. A Russian-language version of the utility is also available.
ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone
If you have several iPhones or you recently bought a new one, then transferring contacts is a must for you. Therefore, it is important to master once how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in order to return to this question in the future.
This article discusses three ways to transfer contacts. All of them are described step by step, as well as their advantages and disadvantages. So if you can transfer all contacts via iCloud cloud storage, iTunes utility, or iTransGo utility from iPhone software maker Tenorshare. The latter method is more simple and intuitive than the others. Therefore, check out all and choose the one that suits you best.
There are also other ways to transfer contacts, but they are much more difficult and less fast than the ones selected here.
Choosing a method to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another is extremely easy. If you want to quickly transfer contacts and you have a stable Internet connection, then the best way is iCloud cloud storage. For those who constantly work with iTunes, this utility is the best way. It allows you to create a common database of contacts and during the synchronization process all contacts will be copied to other devices that are linked to your Apple ID. For more convenience, you can set up sync over Wi-Fi.
A stand-alone method is iTransGo from Tenorshare. The utility is suitable for those who want to transfer contacts to another iPhone via a computer in a couple of clicks.
It is also worth noting that the developer Tenorshare also produces other utilities for users of portable electronics from the famous American manufacturer. In addition to iTransGo, there is also an iFoneCare application that allows you to work directly with files on your smartphone, as well as clean it of unnecessary data, fix critical system errors and reflash. You can find a detailed list of Tenorshare utilities and their capabilities on the developer’s official website.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone: instructions
Progress does not stand still, and sooner or later any owner of an iPhone gadget decides to purchase a new, more modern model of a mobile device. What worries us in the first place when we are going to part with an old phone? The answer is obvious: how to get all the phone numbers to appear on the new mobile device. Indeed, sometimes there are more than two hundred contacts, and it seems simply unrealistic to rewrite them manually. That is why in this article I will tell you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, as well as to any other modern gadget. So let’s look at a few options.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using Microsoft Outlook
This is usually the easiest way. To transfer contacts, you need to do the following:
- Use a USB cable to connect your old iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- In the window that opens, select the “Information” section and synchronize with Outlook.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Take a new gadget and connect it to your computer. In the program window, perform synchronization in the same way.
- That’s all. Contacts copied.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
In this way, you can move not only phone numbers, but also all the information (photos, videos and music) stored in your gadget. So, what needs to be done for this?
- Connect your iPhone, which stores all the phone numbers, to your computer. Launch iTunes.
- In the window that opens, select your device and configure the sync settings. Click on the “Apply” button.
- Disconnect the first device from the PC and then reconnect the new one.
- Synchronize in the same way. After it ends, you will see that all phone numbers will be in the new device.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using the Mover App
In order to use this method, it is necessary that this program be installed in both gadgets between which information will be exchanged. The Mover app is available in the AppStore and you can download it absolutely free. So, let’s get down to action:
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi wireless network.
- Launch Mover on the gadget from which you will transfer information.
- In the program window, click on the plus sign and mark the contacts that need to be transferred.
- Launch the Mover app on the second device.
- Pay attention to the screen of the first iPhone. an arrow will appear at the top pointing to the second gadget.
- Did you see? Now just slide your finger along the highlighted pins in the direction of this arrow. All information will be in the new device.
How to transfer contacts to iPhone from any other phone
In order to copy contacts from Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson to iPhone, you need to make sure that your old mobile can work with PC. Usually, the set with the phone should come with an installation disc on which you can find the necessary program. So, let’s get down to action:
- Connect your old phone to your PC and sync it with your computer using the app.
- In the window that opens, find the “Export contacts” function. Using it, the program will create a file with contacts in one of these formats: CSV, vCard, vcf, etc.
- Disconnect your old phone and connect your new iPhone to PC.
- Start iTunes and look for the “Import Contacts” function. If the file formats are compatible, then all phone numbers from one application will automatically be transferred to another application. You just have to transfer contacts to iPhone by synchronizing it with iTunes. And how to do this, see a little higher.
From all that has been said, we can conclude that moving contacts from phone to phone is not that difficult. The main thing is to follow the instructions. I hope you won’t have any more questions about how to transfer contacts from iPhone or iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud
The way to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud is the easiest and fastest. All that is required of you is to have access to the Internet.
On the iPhone you want to transfer contacts from, go to Settings → iCloud and make sure the Contacts switch is active.
Go to Settings → iCloud → Backup and click the Create Backup button. Wait for the process to finish.
Advice! You can check if your contacts are successfully syncing with the cloud at iCloud.com. The number of entries in contact books (displayed at the bottom of the list) must be the same.
On the iPhone you want to transfer contacts to, go to Settings → iCloud and log in with your iCloud account. If you have already been logged in, you can skip this step.
In the menu “Settings” → iCloud (on the new iPhone) activate the switch “Contacts“.
Done! Your contacts after just a couple of minutes (time depends on the number of contacts) will be transferred to the new iPhone. You can make sure that the transfer is over by looking at the number of contacts at the very bottom of the contact book.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
After purchasing a new iPhone, not all users want to transfer all information from their old device. In many cases, it is only necessary to throw off contacts, with which some owners of Apple smartphones have problems. In this tutorial, we talked about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in the two easiest and surest ways.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
If for some reason you cannot use the method of transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud, you will have to use iTunes. This method is also not difficult, however, to use it, you will need to connect devices to a computer.
Connect your old iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
Advice! It is recommended that you update iTunes to the latest version. On a PC, you can check for updates by going to Help → Updates, or on a Mac by going to the Updates tab in the Mac App Store.
Select iPhone from the iTunes menu and go to the Details tab.
Activate the checkbox “Synchronize contacts with” and click “Apply”. Note that syncing contacts with iCloud should be turned off.
After syncing is complete, disconnect your old iPhone and reconnect your new one to your computer.
Select iPhone from the iTunes menu, go to the “Details” tab and activate the item “Synchronize contacts with.” Scroll down the settings page to the “Add-ons” section and activate the item “Contacts.” Important. iTunes will replace the existing contacts on the new iPhone.
Done! In such a simple way, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card (jailbreak)
Jailbreak tweak SIManager is responsible for transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM-card. This already quite old utility allows you to very quickly and easily export all your contacts from iPhone to a SIM card for later import on another device.
SIManager can only be installed on a jailbroken device, so not everyone will be able to use the utility. In the same case, if your iPhone is “jailbroken”, then feel free to add the repository http://repo.beyouriphone.com and download the SIManager tweak from there.
Note: SIManager 1.7 is recommended for download, which is the most stable.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
IOS has a handy feature to import SIM contacts to iPhone. As for the reverse process, this feature is not included in the standard functionality and many iPhone users experience a problem with transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM card. In this guide, we will list the possible ways of such a transfer.
The need to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM-card may arise when changing phone, temporarily switching to another smartphone, and in a number of other cases. However, while copying contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone is extremely easy, transferring them in the opposite direction is quite problematic. over, without jailbreak, direct transfer of contacts from iPhone to SIM card is impossible. However, you can still get around the problem situation.
First, let’s talk about direct port, which requires an installed jailbreak.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card without Jailbreak
Unfortunately, there is no way to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card. Successful completion of this operation requires initially transferring contacts to another smartphone, for example, running Android, and then importing the book to the SIM card. Many, however, will no longer need the last action, since the purpose of transferring contacts to a SIM card for many was to import them to another smartphone. So what should you do.
Note: Previously, the Yandex.Move app was ideal for this process, however, recently it is no longer available in the App Store and Google Play.
Download the free My Contacts Backup app on your iPhone
Run the application and click the Backup button After the contacts are processed click on Email
In the “To” field, enter your email address. The letter that you sent to yourself contains a file in vcf format, opening which on another smartphone, you can easily import contacts. After that, these contacts can be saved to the SIM-card using standard functions of smartphones on other mobile operating systems. Here is such a tricky system, although all this takes literally a few minutes.
Another way to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer is with an application called iTools. It has quite wide functionality and is in many ways a replacement for Apple iTunes. With it, iTools owners of apple tablets and smartphones can:
- View information about your device.
- Manage applications (install, update, uninstall, backup).
- Manage music (import and export tracks, delete songs, create playlists).
- Interact with photos, videos and books.
- Create new ringtones.
- Take screenshots and record video from iPhone screen.
- Manage contacts, calendar entries, and more.
To transfer contacts from iPhone to computer using iTools, you need to:
- Download and install iTools (it is better to download the English version of the application from the official website).
- Launch iTools.
- Connect your mobile device to your computer.
- Go to the Information section.
- In the left column, select Contacts.
- Select the desired contacts and press the Export key.
When exporting contacts, users can choose from several available formats (vCard or CSV) or send a card with data directly to Outlook or Gmail.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
There are different situations. For example, you are selling your phone or purchasing a new one, or maybe you just wanted to transfer your contacts from iPhone to your computer, so that if something happens you do not waste precious time on manually restoring them. There may be more reasons. Also, this issue makes you think about the fact that the iPhone does not provide for the function of transferring contacts to a SIM card, which is very upsetting. So, today we will consider the question of how we can transfer our contacts to our “big brother” in various ways.
In the article we will try to describe all the methods, starting with the traditional.
Transferring contacts using iPhone apps
It’s not just desktop apps that can transfer contacts from iPhone to computer. Various programs for iOS do a good job with this task. Several such utilities can be found on the virtual shelves of the App Store. One of them is Easy Backup.
Easy Backup is a popular tool that allows iPhone and iPad owners to back up their contacts and then send them to email or one of the cloud services.
In addition, the application allows you to find and merge duplicate contacts, as well as delete contacts without a name or without a phone number or email address.
Transfer contacts from iPhone backup
Restoring contacts from an iPhone backup can come in handy when you lost or sold your device, and the backup remained in iTunes.
In this case, iTunes is only used to create a backup. The rest will have to be done using third-party utilities. For example, such as iBackupbot.
To get where to restore contacts from, you need to first make a backup copy of contacts in iTunes:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your mobile device to your computer.
- Select iPhone in the list of connected devices and go to the Details tab.
- Activate the item “Synchronize contacts with”.
- Go to the Overview tab.
- Click on the “Create a copy now” button.
- Wait for the backup process to complete.
To restore and transfer contacts from an iPhone backup, you need:
- Download and install the iBackupbot application (the full version of the utility costs 35, but you can use the application for free for 10 days). Download iBackupbot.
- Launch iBackupbot.
- In the main window, in the “Backups” column, select the last backup copy of the connected device.
- Go to the User Information Manager section.
All contacts stored in the iPhone phonebook will be available in the Contacts tab. If necessary, the selected records can be exported in one of the appropriate formats (Exel, VCard, CSV).
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer from iCloud
The iCloud cloud service also allows you to interact with contacts stored in the iPhone’s memory. However, to do this, first, users need to activate the function of synchronizing contacts with the cloud in the settings. This can be done in the Settings menu. iCloud.
To move contacts from iCloud to computer memory, you need:
- Open the web version of the iCloud service.
- Go to Contacts.
- Select the desired contacts (selection of both all contacts and individual records is supported).
- In the lower left corner of the window, click on the gear icon.
- Select Export vCard.
The exported file can then be used to transfer contacts to another device or to any suitable application such as Outlook.
Transferring contacts using iTunes
It is worth noting that there are two different ways to transfer contacts from iPhone memory to computer using iTunes. In the first case, all addresses and phone numbers will be transferred either to Outlook or to Windows Contacts, and in the second, users will have to “get” them from the backup using special applications.
The method works only if the sync of contacts with iCloud is disabled on the iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer. 3 options
Oddly enough, Apple has not come up with an easy way to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, as it can be done on other smartphones. Users cannot even save contacts to a SIM card, and this may be required in case of selling their phone. At any time, we may need to copy contacts from iPhone to computer. And, of course, you shouldn’t carry them manually. it is rather long and tedious. There are at least three ways how to copy a phone book from iPhone to computer. via iTunes, via iCloud and using UltData program.
3 Ways How To Transfer Contacts From Old iPhone to New iPhone
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer via iTunes
This method will take you a little more time. It is required to install the latest version of iTunes on the computer and connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Connect your iPhone to PC. Launch iTunes. Click on the icon of your device. A window will open with details about your iPhone.
In the left pane, click on the Details tab. In the window that opens, check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with. »And select which program on your computer you want to sync your phone book with. Click Finish.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to Computer via iCloud
In order to copy contacts from iPhone to computer via iCloud, you need an internet connection. Follow these steps to sync contacts with iCloud:
Open Settings. iCloud on your iPhone (on iOS 11 Settings. Accounts & Passwords. iCloud). Next, put the slider in the active state opposite the Contacts item.
Now on your computer, open a web browser and go to iCloud.com. Enter your Apple ID and password, sign in.
Next, in the main window, click on the “Contacts” icon. You will see a list of all your contacts.
Click on any contact, highlighting it, then press CtrlA to select all contacts in the phone book. Then in the lower left corner, click on the gear button to get into Settings.
Select “Export vCard”. After that, the list of all your contacts will be transferred to Windows Contact, and you can view them on your computer.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer Using Ultdata
Download the Tenorshare UltData program on the official website. Install it on your computer and run.
Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. The program will automatically detect it.
In the window that opens, in the top panel, select “Recover from iOS device”. Then put a tick in front of “Contacts” and click “Start Scan”. (You can also restore contacts from a backup, then save them to your computer).
The program will scan your device and display all phone numbers recorded on the iPhone, including deleted ones, which will be marked in red. Select the necessary numbers or all at once and click on the “Restore” button.
You will be prompted to restore to your mobile device or computer. We choose to save to your computer in a format convenient for you. Done!
In addition, the application allows you to find and merge duplicate contacts, as well as delete contacts without a name or without a phone number or email address. And UltData can recover messages, call history, notes, videos, photos, music. WhatsApp messages, bookmarks, calendars, mail accounts, and free apps, and much more. What’s more, it supports transfer and sync them from iPhone to computer. In addition, you can easily manage important data through Tenorshare iCareFone, this tool is free to transfer videos, photos, music and other data from iPhone to computer.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. 2 Easy Ways
When buying a new iPhone, the owner is faced with the question of how to copy contacts from an old smartphone to a new one. In fact, there is nothing difficult about it. The article talks about two simple ways that will help you quickly transfer numbers from one eplophone to another.
How to Copy Numbers from iPhone via iTunes
Using iTunes is a fairly simple method of copying numbers from Apple devices. To use it, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer or laptop and follow these steps:
- Connect the iPhone you want to copy contacts from and launch the iTunes app.
- Select iPhone from the iTunes menu and go to the “Details” tab.
- Activate the item “Synchronize contacts with:” in the window that opens. To do this, you just need to check the box and save the changes.
Important to consider: syncing contacts with iCloud should not be enabled at this point.
- When the synchronization is complete, you need to disconnect the device from which the contacts were copied. Now you should connect the iPhone to which this data needs to be transferred.
Half the battle is done. What else is left. the table tells.
Tip: It is advisable to install the latest version of iTunes. On a computer, the presence of a new version of the application is checked through “Help”. “Updates”, and Mac owners need to go to the tab of the same name in the AppStore.
How to transfer numbers from iPhone using iCloud
Transferring contacts from one iPhone to another using iCloud is even easier than the previous option with iTunes. All you need is Internet access and a few simple operations. As with iTunes, everything happens in two stages. They are described in the table.
Advice: lovers of large screens, but those who are not chasing novelties, will like the eighth model with the Plus prefix. It has cool cameras, decent storage and an attractive design.
Recommendation: For fans of large, bezel-less displays and cool cameras, the top-end XS Max will do.
- The operation time depends on the number of contacts.
- You can make sure that all contacts have been copied by looking at their number. It is displayed at the bottom of the phone book.
Note: You can also check if your contacts are syncing to the cloud at iCloud.com. If the number of contacts in the phone books (displayed at the bottom of the list) is identical, then copying was successful.
As you can see, copying numbers from one iPhone’s phone book to another is easy. Both methods do not take much time and do not require special skills. They differ only in that in the case of iTunes, you need not only iPhones, but also a PC, as well as a suitable cable. Another method of porting numbers involves the use of cloud storage, and therefore does not require a connection to a laptop, but a good Internet speed.
How to transfer phonebook contacts
If the phone numbers are stored in the SIM card, then it is enough to move the card to the new device. Otherwise, the following methods should be considered:
- Import records from vcf file.
- Sync data with iCloud.
- Use the iTunes desktop program.
- Third party applications.
- Importing numbers from a SIM card.
The vcf option is optimal if you previously had a backup of your contacts saved in the cloud or on a PC. In this case, it is enough to send the file to a new smartphone, and then import the contacts.
The iCloud cloud service allows you to automatically transfer contacts to your phone. It is enough to activate the synchronization option on the old phone, and then do the same operation on the new phone.
ITunes comes in handy when the network on the iPhone is down or there are difficulties with the iCloud service.
Third-party applications allow you to back up and transfer important information. A convenient way when you don’t have a computer at hand.
The method of importing numbers from a SIM card is useful if you need to change your phone number.
Instructions on how to sync contacts using the iCloud service
Usually the synchronization process does not exceed 2-3 minutes. At the time of copying records, you should connect the phone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts by importing from a vcf file
Next, the automatic export of contacts will start. The process lasts from a couple of seconds to several minutes, which is influenced by the number of records. New numbers will be automatically transferred to the directory.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Section: iPhone, For beginners, Data transfer Date: 08/13/2018 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Комментарии и мнения владельцев: 0
Switching to a new iPhone is not uncommon among iOS users. This is usually a whim, but sometimes an urgent need due to a damaged apparatus. Regardless of the reason, this article will show you how to transfer phone records from one device to another.
Instructions for transferring contacts using iTunes
Important! iTunes will replace existing recordings on the new device. Take care of moving important contacts ahead of time.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes. It is recommended to check for program updates before starting data synchronization.
- After detecting your phone, open the “Details” tab.
- Next, activate the option “sync contacts”, and then confirm the action.
- After copying the data, disconnect the old device, then connect the new smartphone.
- In the “Information” tab, go down to the inscription “Advanced”, where check the item “Contacts”. And then confirm the action.
Gmail (and other accounts)
In addition, you can copy contact data to iPhone using an account in the mail client from Google.
In this case, the copying process will look like this:
- Go to the settings again and select the already familiar item “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- If you haven’t signed in to Gmail on your iPhone yet, do so. To do this, click on the item “Add account”.
- Choose Google from the entire list. To do this, click on the corresponding logo.
- On the next page, enter your personal data from the mail account in question, in particular, name, mail address and password. The description is optional. At the end, click “Next” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the next window, the account settings will appear, and you will be able to choose which synchronization should be done. Among other things, there will be an item “Contacts”. Slide the switch next to it to the “On” position and sync will start immediately. This means that all contacts will be copied to your Google account and, accordingly, from it to your phone.
- To copy contacts to another iPhone, do the same on it. Contacts will be copied.
As you can see from the figure, exactly the same can be done using other accounts on services such as Exchange, Yahoo, Aol and iCloud.
As for the latter, it is better to use a slightly modified data transfer procedure, which we will talk about further.
My contacts backup
This is the most easy-to-use application that allows you to complete the task in a few clicks.
Its usage looks like this:
- Download the program from the App Store (here is the link), install it and run it on your smartphone.
Important! Be sure to enable access to contacts for the My Contacts Backup app. At the first start, a corresponding message will appear, you just have to click on the inscription “Allow”.
- Click the “Backup” button and watch how your data is backed up.
- In the “Type” window, select the “vCard” option. This format is the most convenient for further use.
- Then click on the “Email” button to send the file by mail. Now grab a new iPhone, go to the mail, download the file and just launch it. Then everything will happen automatically.
You can use other similar applications in the same way.
We use a SIM card
This is a completely standard method, which implies that some or all of the contacts will be transferred to the new device.
The step-by-step transfer process is as follows:
- Go to settings and open the menu “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- In the menu that opens, click on the item “Import SIM contacts”. The process of copying all entries from the phone book of the device to the SIM card starts. Wait for it to end.
- That’s all, now you can insert a SIM card into a new device and see all contacts from the old iPhone on it.
This method is the simplest and most reliable. Its advantage is that you can copy data from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, 6, 7, as well as smartphones of other brands.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone?
When buying a new smartphone or tablet from Apple, questions immediately arise related to how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone or from iPad to iPad.
In fact, the methods for these two types of devices are almost the same, there are only some minor differences. We will walk through the procedure for transferring contacts to iPhone. By analogy, you can perform the same actions on the iPad.
Basically, copying via iCloud is the main way to transfer contacts to a new iPhone, because it is the standard cloud storage for all Apple devices. But often users, for one reason or another, prefer to use other methods.
Anyway, to use iCloud, do this:
- Go to the settings and select the item “iCloud” there (usually the very first in the list).
- Place the switch in the “On” position. next to the item “Copy to iCloud”. This will allow the smartphone to automatically copy the selected data to the cloud when connected to the internet. To initiate this process yourself (which is what you need to do), click on “Create a copy”. Wait for the transfer of contacts to finish.
Note: This approach will result in contacts and photos being copied.
- Then there are several ways to transfer information from the phone book copied to iCloud to a new iPhone. For example, when you start and set up your iPhone for the first time, you can select “Recover from iCloud Copy”. In addition, you can enter the settings in the same way, select the appropriate item in them and put the switch in the “On” position. near the inscription “Contacts”. After that, the transfer of this information from the cloud will immediately begin.
Important! This method assumes that all possible contacts will be combined in the iPhone phonebook. Therefore, in most cases, after the previous action, the system will offer to “Combine” the data. Be sure to click on this button in the message that appears to perform this action.
It is also important that on both devices you will need to log in using the same Apple ID. This is the only way you can use the data from the old iPhone on the new.
Of course, you can do without iCloud. For example, a great alternative is apps from the App Store.
Another way, which involves the use of a standard program from Apple, as well as a computer. The video below shows what actions he suggests.
We combine contacts into one vcf file
We combine all vcf files with contact information into one large vcf file. It may sound ridiculous, but trust me, it works.
Before copying all 1500 files into one vcf file, make sure all these files are in the same folder.
Then, from the Terminal command line (for Windows, you need to run cmd.exe) run the following command:
OS X (Terminal): cat vcf contacts.vcf
Windows (cmd.exe): copy vcf contacts.vcf
I hope you guessed that you need to go to the folder where the vcf files are located? If you don’t know how to do this, then here are a couple of additional commands that will tell you how to navigate the disk from the command line.
- cd folder name. allows you to enter the folder
- cd. allows you to return to the “original position”, namely in your user folder
- ls. displays a list of folders and files of the current position on the disk
- cd folder name. allows you to enter the folder
- cd exit to the level up
- dir. displays a list of folders and files of the current position on the disk
Example: My contacts are located in the contacts folder, which in turn is located in the Downloads folder. In order to go to the folder with contacts, I executed two commands in turn (see below):
The essence of the problem
It was like this My close relatives bought a brand new iPhone 6. And the question arose about transferring contacts from the old iPhone 4S to the new one. Since they live in another city, they initially turned not to me, but to some familiar guy who sells phones.
As a result, this guy helped save contacts (more than 1500) to the computer as separate files with the vcf extension. I still cannot understand why it was impossible to use sync via iCloud. Anyway…
VCF (Virtual Contact File), more commonly referred to as vCards, is the most common file format for storing contact information digitally. Usually the vcf file stores the name of the contact person, postal address, e-mail address, phone number and other contact information.
This file type is essentially a container for transferring contact data between address books of different devices. VCF files are supported and recognized by all popular operating systems (Windows, OS X, iOS and Android).
Having received over 1500 individual files in vcf format, the question arose how to transfer them to the new iPhone now. First of all, we decided to use the contact sync feature built into iTunes.
If you click Details in the left column while your iPhone is connected to your computer, you can sync iPhone contacts with Outlook contacts or Windows Contacts. By adding contacts to Windows Contacts and syncing the iPhone with it, we got an address book full of hieroglyphs and cracklings.
For some unknown reason, during the transfer of contacts, an encoding failure occurred on the iPhone. As a result, all contacts filled in Cyrillic became unreadable Delete everything! And start over!
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. 3 Working Ways
- The method of creating a backup copy of Contacts using a USB flash drive for iPhone is described here
- How to transfer contacts from SIM card to iPhone. Instructions
Transferring contacts via iTunes failed. I didn’t want to try the same thing, but through Outlook Wait! There are other ways to transfer contacts to iPhone. For example, through the online service iCloud.com, you can add contacts in vcf format directly to the cloud, which is then synchronized with the iPhone.
The trouble is that you can add only one file at a time and we had 1,500 of them. Having rummaged on foreign sites and forums, I found the best way to solve this issue.
If you also have a bunch of vcf files with contacts that need to be transferred to the iPhone, follow this simple instruction.
How to transfer.vcf contacts from computer to iPhone
Not so long ago I wrote about how to transfer contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone. That article was born as a result of a stupor that I fell into when the above necessity arose. It seems that everything should be intuitively clear, but I didn’t do something the first time. A couple of days ago a situation of this kind arose again with contacts.
This time the contacts were saved from the old iPhone to the computer as.vcf files, and now they needed to be uploaded to the new iPhone 6. Today I will share with you the simplest solution to this issue. Go!
Transfer vcf contacts to iPhone
As a result of the first step, a new file called contacts.vcf appeared in the same folder. Now that all contacts are inside one file, transferring them to iPhone is a matter of one minute.
To do this, we need to send the contacts.vcf file to the e-mail address configured on this iPhone. If you still haven’t set your iPhone to receive mail, do so now. Instructions for setting up mail on the way.
You should now get the contacts.vcf file in the Mail app on the iPhone. Go to the letter and click on the attached file.
Now you need to click on “Add all contacts (number)”. Then confirm by “Create new contacts”.
The contacts will be copied to the iPhone. In order not to bother with transferring contacts from one iPhone to another in the future, I advise everyone to set up automatic synchronization of contacts to the iCloud cloud.
To do this, you need to activate the necessary switch on the iCloud Settings page.
Something like that. If the article helped to resolve the issue with contacts, feel free to LIKE in social. networks (buttons below). In the near future, it is planned to release an article on transferring contacts from Android devices to iPhone.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Best Ways
If you are thinking about how to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone, then you probably know that you simply cannot write all contacts from your iPhone to a SIM card. Therefore, it is necessary to use other tools here, which I will discuss below.
How to use iCloud
Apple introduced the iCloud service back in 2011, and now we can easily use this service to transfer contacts from one Apple smartphone to another. To transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud, do the following:
- Make sure you are logged into iCloud on your old phone and have a stable internet connection (active Wi-Fi). To check this go to Settings, then click on iCloud, and if your name and ID is displayed at the top of the page, then everything is working, and you can continue;
- Make sure that in the iCloud settings of your old gadget, the “Contacts” switch is enabled and displayed in green;
- While in the settings = iCloud tap on the “Backup” option, and then on the “Back Up now” button and wait for the copy to finish. The duration of the process itself depends on the speed of your Internet connection and the amount of data being copied;
- Go to the “Settings” of the new iPhone, select iCloud there and go through the authorization procedure (if you are already authorized, then skip this item);
- While in the iCloud of the new phone, turn on the “Contacts” switch (green color should be displayed) and wait for the copying process to complete.
How to use third party apps
When copying contacts from iPhone, you also cannot bypass third-party applications such as AnyTrans (free trial) or Mover (free). This software is designed to transfer files between Apple devices and other devices, and can be used to solve problems similar to ours.
For example, to use AnyTrans, do the following:
- Launch AnyTrans on your computer;
- Connect both your iPhones (old and new) to the computer;
- In the AnyTrans program, select your old phone and click on Contacts;
- Select which contact you want to transfer to your new device (or select all contacts by pressing CtrlA (or CmdA on Mac);
- Click on the “To device” button in the upper right corner and select your new phone. That’s all.
To use Mover do the following:
- Connect your old and new iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Install the app on both devices;
- Launch the app on your old iPhone;
- Click on the plus sign in the lower left corner;
- Select the contacts you want to transfer to the new gadget;
- Open this program on a new smartphone;
- An arrow will appear at the top of the screen of the old smartphone pointing to the new smartphone.
- To transfer contacts, press them with your finger and slide them to the arrow, they will be transferred to the new phone automatically.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
When purchasing a new iPhone, the user may need to transfer contacts from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. If the case concerned a dozen contacts, then this could be done mechanically, but if we are talking about many tens, or even hundreds of records, then qualitatively different options are needed. In this article I will tell you how to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone, what methods exist for this and how to use them.
How to use Outlook
Outlook is one of the most simple and convenient software products that can be used to export and import contacts between phones. If you have not yet chosen the method of how to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone, then I recommend using the Outlook functionality and doing the following:
- Install and activate this application on old and new devices;
- On the old device, in the Outlook settings, tap on the “Synchronize contacts” tab and mark which contacts you want to export;
- Then click on “export selected” and use the tools offered by the program, the whole operation will take a few minutes and you will get a visual example of how to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another.