Ways to Watch iPhone Videos on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When the operating system began to appear on TVs, it significantly expanded the list of capabilities of this device. In addition to going online, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it became possible to synchronize TVs with their mobile devices. Now, from the TV screen, you can view photos and listen to music that is on your smartphone or tablet, which is much more comfortable to do on a large screen.
Let’s take a look at exactly how you can watch iPhone videos on TV.
HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality video data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to show videos in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
There is no need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not occur, then manually it is done like this. On the iPhone, in the settings, activate the transmission via HDMI, and on the TV, select the HDMI signal as the source, which is involved (if there are several ports)
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If you can’t connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
iPhone Tutorial Airplay & Screen Mirroring in iOS 14
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). In the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Turn on the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- You can now play videos on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
Composite and 30-pin connector does not support Full HD data transmission
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well as videos that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I output video from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
You can transmit information to television wirelessly and wired, using special applications and additional devices and set-top boxes.
Since video from iPhone on TV can be watched using several options. Let us dwell in more detail on each of the methods and determine their advantages and disadvantages.
Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over your home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer video from iPhone to TV using this technology. For transferring files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network, to which it will be possible to connect both the TV and the iPhone.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is similar.
If you plan to frequently use data transfer to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via HDMI input, and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to the limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new video formats may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct technology, both TV and mobile devices must support it.
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct”. “Activate”;
- Find “Network”. “Wi-Fi Direct” on the TV equipment;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
Turn off screen repeat?
To stop mirroring the screen or using the TV as a separate display, click the icon in the menu bar and select the Turn off AirPlay option.
How to connect AirPlay to Samsung TV?
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- Press the “Source” button on the TV remote control.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
How to use Airplay?
AirPlay is the ability to play music files “over the air”. AirPlay works as follows: acoustics are connected to WI-FI, reflected in sound sources, for example, iPhone, after which you can start an audio file, while being even in the next apartment.
What is screen repeat?
AirPlay (Screen Repeat) is Apple’s proprietary technology that gives you much more power. With its help, you can start broadcasting a video, or a photo to the TV directly from the “Photos” application with a few taps. Or you can completely duplicate the iPhone screen on your TV. … Miracast and AirPlay are not compatible with each other.
Why I don’t have AirPlay?
Make sure your router is up and running with the latest firmware. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to your iOS device. AirPlay only works on Wi-Fi. After turning on Wi-Fi and connecting all devices to the same Wi-Fi network, if the problem persists, restart all.
How can I connect an iPhone to a TV?
How to connect iPhone to TV via AppleTV?
- Make sure Apple TV and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Control Center on iPhone.
- Click on the “Screen Repeat” button.
- Select your Apple TV from the list of output devices.
What AirPlay Supports?
This protocol is supported not only by Apple branded devices, but also by a number of devices from other manufacturers. In particular, AirPlay 2 is supported by a number of Hi-Fi equipment from brands such as Denon, BW, Sonos, Marantz, Beats, McIntosh and a number of others.
How to enable AirPlay on iPhone?
What is AirPlay?
AirPlay is the name of a technology and protocol developed by Apple that enables wireless streaming of media (audio, video, images) between devices. AirPlay can stream audio and video data from a media player (such as iTunes) to any AirPlay-compatible device.
I will translate all this into simple language with specific examples. AirPlay delivers images and sound over the air. In this case, nothing special is needed: the main thing is that the receiving device supports AirPlay technology. Using AirPlay, the user can transfer video and sound from iTunes to TV, transfer sound to speakers wirelessly, transfer image and sound from iPad to computer, etc.
At the same time, the transmission of sound and video is carried out in real time without visible delays.
AirPlay on iPad. How to enable and use AirPlay
AirPlay in iOS appeared in version 4.2 or higher, but only with the release of iOS 7 can it be argued that this technology is fully entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. It was in iOS 7 that AirPlay was brought to the Control Panel, and with the necessary equipment, any person has the opportunity to easily and painlessly transfer images from the iPad (iPhone, iPod) screen to AirPlay compatible devices.
How to enable AirPlay in iOS 7
Let’s test the AirPlay feature in iOS 7. For it to work properly, you need to have an AirPlay-enabled device (for example, Apple TV). But what if there is no such device ?! It doesn’t matter. we’ll use a computer or laptop. Let’s try to make it AirPlay compatible and transfer the image from the iPad screen to the computer screen.
Download the Reflector program from the official website. Install it. Actually, this is enough for testing the Air Play functionality in iOS 7.
Launch Reflector on your computer.
Opening the Control Center on the iPad. And we wait until AirPlay appears in the control center.
Important! Computer and iPad must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
In the drop-down list, select a computer and click on it. We turn on “Video replay”. The Video Replay function is needed to be able to accurately display what you see on the iPad screen on the AirPlay device.
We see that an image of the iPad screen has appeared on the computer. Now, with any action on the iPad, the contents of the tablet screen are almost instantly displayed on the computer. Reflector, by the way, allows you to record an image (the program was created for this).
If you do not enable Video Replay, then AirPlay only works for streaming in programs that support it. For example, the standard Photo application. With AirPlay turned on, you will flip through the photos, and on the computer, photos will be displayed full-screen without frames and program menus
Here we have shown a great example of using AirPlay on the iPad.
If you have any additions to the article. write Комментарии и мнения владельцев. For our part, we promise to supplement this material if we have suitable devices at hand.
How to enable AirPlay on iPhone and iPad for audio and video streaming
Not sure how to enable AirPlay on iPhone and iPad with iOS 13, 12, or iOS 11? You are not alone, because it is not so easy to open the AirPlay interface, and it certainly is not obvious. Today we’ll show you how to AirPlay videos, photos, or music in iOS 12, 13
How to AirPlay Media in iOS 10
If you use something like IVI, Amediateka, or a music listening app that doesn’t have Apple TV support, then you usually end up using AirPlay to pair your iOS device with your Apple TV.
Start playing the media file as you normally would. If you see the “AirPlay” button on the screen of the application or player, just click on it.
If not, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center.
You will see a new control panel. Swipe left to get to the Now Playing screen.
Here you will see a preview of the currently playing file. Click at the bottom, where it says: “Now in the program on iPhone”.
If you have a configured Apple TV on your network, then in this section you will see the “Apple TV” option.
Select it and the media will start playing on Apple TV.
How to control the speaker via AirPlay in iOS 12.13 on iPhone
The AirPlay speaker must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone or iPad for the devices to discover each other.
Make sure your speakers are AirPlay 2 compatible. Check out the official list of devices.
- Now click on the AirPlay pyramid-shaped icon that beeps.
- Select the desired AirPlay receiver or several at once from the list of available.
The list includes your Airpods, HomePod, AirPlay speakers, Apple TV and other devices.
When you select a device, audio will start streaming to it. You can select multiple devices at once and stream audio at the same time.
Many users had no idea that they were separated from the AirPlay control interface by just one long squeeze in the Control Center. Previous versions of the system had a separate icon for AirPlay, so with the release of iOS 11 and iOS 12, many users began to get confused.
AirPlay speaker not showing?
Sometimes AirPlay speakers may not appear in Control Center, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be used anyway.
Sometimes these speakers are displayed on third-party services like Spotify. Most likely, some system bug is to blame for this.
If you are also experiencing a similar problem, you can use an application like Spotify to select your speaker for audio output. Unfortunately, there is no other way yet.
How to AirPlay Photos or Videos from iPhone or iPad to Apple TV
Streaming a photo or video to Apple TV from your iOS device is a great way to show your friends a funny photo or video on your TV screen. With the Photos app, this can be done very easily thanks to AirPlay for Apple TV. Although it is possible to broadcast an image through third-party applications, the process will be slightly different depending on the application.
Note! Make sure your TV is connected to the Apple TV.
- Open the photo or video you want to AirPlay, click the Share icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select AirPlay and then click on Apple TV.
- Your photo or video will appear right on the Apple TV screen. Also note that if you are playing a video, your iPhone or iPad will show that the video is playing on your TV.
- When you’re done using AirPlay, tap the AirPlay icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Then select “My device”.
How to turn on Airplay on iPhone?
Screen Mirroring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
- Open Control Center:…
- Click Screen Repeat.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV from the list.
How to duplicate iPhone screen to MacBook?
On your iPhone, open Control Center and turn on Screen Repeat. Select the device named after your Mac. A code will appear on the Mac OS screen, enter it on the iPhone. Immediately after that, the image from the iPhone screen will begin to transfer to the computer screen or Mac laptop.
How to Cast Image from iPhone to Mac?
On an iOS device, swipe up from the bottom edge to open the Control Center. In Control Center, click AirPlay. Select the Mac you want to map to from the list, then turn on Mirroring. Displaying an iOS device on a Mac using Reflector.
Why Apple TV can’t see iPhone?
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Select Wi-Fi Settings. Also make sure the Bluetooth function is turned on. Apple TV: Choose Settings Network. … Third-party AirPlay-compatible speakers and smart TVs: visit the manufacturer’s website to find out how to connect to Wi-Fi.
How to enable AirPlay on a Samsung TV?
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
How to Turn AirPlay On or How to Turn Off AirPlay
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- Press the “Source” button on the TV remote control.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
How to connect your MacBook Pro to a TV over Wi-Fi?
- Connect your laptop and set-top box to your home wireless Wi-Fi network.
- Open the laptop operating system settings.
- Go to the “Displays” section.
- In the line “AirPlay Display”, select “Apple TV”.
- Apply and save your changes.
How to make / remove blinking on iPhone when making a call?
Like most functions on an iPhone, this one can be turned on or off quickly enough. Setting up your smartphone becomes easier with every iOS.
To activate this feature, follow these steps:
go to the usual Settings and find the Basic item;
then we look for Universal Access and scroll right up to the item Alert flash, which we select;
make the active item Flash alerts;
By taking these simple steps, you can get a great feature that will help you simplify your life a little. But do not forget also the fact that it is better not to use it at important meetings or events.
How to turn on / off blinking on iPhone when calling?
If you started reading this material, then you probably saw how another iPhone owner had a flash when he called. Convenient enough, isn’t it?
Such blinking can be quite useful in life, because sometimes we listen loudly to music and many other situations. Let’s figure out how you can enable and disable this function.
Flash flash on call when iPhone is ringing
But first, I would like to talk a little about this function and how exactly it will work. After all, this is quite important information before using any function. We all know that Apple takes people with disabilities quite seriously. Therefore, the iPhone has a lot of functions that help in working with this device.
One of them is just a function that allows you to turn on the flash. It starts flashing when there is an incoming call or any notification. It is also possible to set it inactive when you set your iPhone to silent mode. Everything is thought out seriously enough.
Today, ordinary people also use it. After all, you can think of a lot of situations when this function is very useful.
For example, if you left your phone at the end of the room, you will be able to answer the call faster. Also when listening to music at very high volume or using headphones on another device.
It is not difficult to turn on the sound of an incoming call: you need to switch the toggle switch on the side of the gadget. It is intended to be in a position where the red stripe is not visible.
But sometimes the settings get lost, or the mode of use is chosen that is not suitable for the situation.
The ring signal is configured in a standard way. Check the position of the switch on the side of the machine. If at the top, beeps will be heard. If at the bottom, the sound is completely turned off and the owner will not wait for notifications about calls, messages “out loud”. Try to switch, the problem most often was this.
The call is not accompanied by a sound signal due to the out of order settings of the gadget. Try:
- open the “Settings” of the phone;
- select the item “Sounds”;
- go to “Calls and alerts”.
If the slider is on the right: the melodies are heard. Left: iPhone is muted. You may have selected the wrong mode, or accidentally turned on Do Not Disturb or Airplane. Options exclude receiving signals, messages, notifications. Information is available through the menu, “Settings”.
How to enable and adjust sound on iPhone
Along with their other advantages, iPhones have the status of devices with the best speaker sound quality. But sometimes the owners of “apple” devices face a problem and wonder why the signal disappeared and how to turn on the sound on the iPhone again.
Possible problems and solutions
Often, the sound is muted due to the lack of transition to the standard mode from the “Headphones”. Apple has provided two types of signal volume.
- Normal: Standard volume.
- “Headphones”: the sound is muffled in order to maintain the integrity of the eardrums.
Due to out of order phone settings, not updated operating system, mechanical damage to the headset connector, the iPhone “refuses” to switch to maximum volume when the headphones are disconnected. In this case, you just need to solve this problem, and the sound will return.
IPhone user inattention is another common reason for no sound.
While listening to music, watching movies, smartphone owners can adjust the volume using buttons or controls, forgetting to return to standard mode.
Review the parameters: if the settings are knocked down, you need to specify the initial data.
If the measures taken did not help, then the malfunction lies in the dynamics of the device. The mechanism may be clogged with dust or wet. Correcting the situation on your own is not always a justified attempt, there is a risk of harming the iPhone. It is recommended to contact a specialized service center.
How to connect iPhone to LG TV
LG has also figured out how to transfer images from iPhone to TV. For this, two applications were developed. LG Smart Share and Twonky Beam. The former is pre-installed on all of the brand’s large displays with Smart TVs. The second user needs to find and install in the App Store.
- Connect devices to a wireless network.
- Go to the application installed on the iPhone.
- Select “Show or Hide the Visual Indicators at the Edge of the Screen”.
- Next, select the media content that you want to broadcast to the TV.
- Wait until the inscription “Beaming” lights up.
In case of device conflict and other problems, like with Samsung, you can try to connect via iMediaShare.
Description of the AirPlay function on iPhone
Apple recently started making its own TVs. Naturally, such a progressive company could not allow their customers to use banal connection methods and come up with their own wireless communication protocol. AirPlay.
Modern TVs can project images from the iPhone screen
For your information! The technology appeared in apple gadgets back in 2010, but it has become relevant only in recent years. Therefore, AirPlay can now be found in the quick menu starting with iOS 10.
It is already clear that AirPlay is a screen repeat on the iPhone. The function allows owners of apple technology to connect branded devices with each other, be it a bundle of iPhone-TV or iPad-MacBook. Can:
- broadcast images from one screen to another without delay;
- transfer media files wirelessly;
- do without a proprietary Apple TV set-top box;
- work in conjunction with other branded services like iTunes.
- run games on the iPhone and broadcast the image to the big screen, and by connecting a game joystick, the phone becomes a full-fledged console;
- watch movies in high definition;
- play music. It is especially pleasant if a home theater is included with the TV;
- use applications, for example, view photos and videos from iPhone or answer calls in Skype, Viber, etc.
Note! AirPlay works in two modes. streaming and video replay. In the latter case, the usual duplication of everything that happens on the small screen takes place on the TV. Streaming is used, for example, to watch movies in iTunes in real time.
AirPlay can control audio systems
It is also worth mentioning that not all Apple devices support this functionality. Option available on:
- iPhone 4 S and above;
- iPad Mini, 2 and up:
- iPod Touch 5 and above;
- Mac and MacBook computers (all without exception);
- Apple TV from the second generation;
- Airport extreme.
Important! For the AirPlay protocol to work, the Internet connection of both gadgets is strictly required.
Connect Apple TV
Of course, “Apple” could not ignore the problem of connecting Apple gadgets to Smart TV and offered its Apple TV set-top box. To connect an iPhone to a TV through a device, you need to step by step:
- Turn on the set-top box to the network, connect an Internet cable or a home (required) Wi-Fi network to it.
- Next, via HDMI (not included), connect to the TV.
- Turn on the TV and configure the set-top box (select language, time, etc.).
- When Apple TV and TV are paired, you can connect your iPhone.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your smartphone, call the “shutter” and press “AirPlay”.
- In the search menu, click on the Apple TV.
- A switch to AirPlay Mirroring appears on the iPhone screen. Confirm connection.
After that, a projection of the iPhone main menu should appear on the big screen.
Important! Although the price of a proprietary set-top box is within 11 thousand rubles, it without any wires supports the launch of video files in 4K quality.
How to Repeat iPhone Screen on Windows
Nowadays, many computer monitors are used in part for watching television. You can also project the image from the iPhone screen onto them.
Since there shouldn’t be any problems with connecting via AirPlay with MAC X OS, it’s better to figure out how to do this on a Windows PC. You will need a special program that works with the AirPlay signal, for example, ApowerMirror, AirServer or Reflector.
Note! You won’t be able to access the iPhone’s file system this way. These are Apple’s security terms.
The functionality and connection method are the same for all programs, so the instructions are universal:
- Connect smartphone and PC to Wi-Fi.
- Download, install and run the utility on your computer.
- Turn on AirPlay on iPhone.
- Find a computer in the search (signal from the program) and connect.
Screen mirroring can be enabled on any Windows computer
After that, the image of the smartphone screen will become available on the computer monitor.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV
First, how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung or Philips TV. Brands work closely together, so they have similar functionality. So, by analogy with Apple, manufacturers have released their own application that allows streaming or screen replay from iPhone. AllShare.
To put it simply, the principle of operation is similar to AirPlay. This service is preinstalled on any Samsung TV with Smart TV. If not, it’s easy to download and install from Samsung Apps. All that remains for the user is to install a similar utility on his iPhone.
Note! On the App Store, the app is called AllShare TV-Cast.
Having installed the utility on both devices, all that remains is:
- Connect your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the application on the iPhone.
- Start searching for devices.
- Select TV.
- Find the desired media file in the internal search.
- Select it and click on the “Send to Screen” button.
You can’t play games through this application anymore. This connection is only suitable for surfing the Internet and watching media content. Advanced capabilities will be provided by the Apple TV set-top box, which will be discussed below.
For your information! If for some reason the iPhone does not install this application, the alternative is iMediaShare.
Via VGA Lightning
The adapter fits iPhone models starting from the five and allows you to connect via the VGA-input, which is often used in desktop PCs to connect to a monitor. To use it, you need to purchase a VGA cable, where one end will be connected to the adapter, and the other to the corresponding socket on the TV. In this case, live broadcast from the smartphone screen will be available.
Important! You cannot use flash memory via TV.
How to Record Screen on iPhone. Setting Up
Recording a phone screen in the modern world is a necessity: send a business partner information on a deal, explain to friends how to go to some tab, or simply record a video call with a loved one. However, not everyone knows how to record screen on iPhone.
How to enable screen recording on older iPhones
Unfortunately, not every iPad or iPhone under the Apple umbrella supports the upgrade to iOS 11. In this case, you will need to consider one of the alternative options for screen recording.
Firstly, there is an option to use the proprietary function of Apple products. AirPlay. It allows you to download the currently displayed display picture to other devices. With its help, it becomes possible to transfer content to a personal computer.
This method also has a negative element. for the most part, it is extremely difficult to make high-quality reception of information from the AirPlay function. To establish a connection between two devices, you need to download one of the applications from Apple. Air Server, AirPlay Receiver, Reflector or Lonely Screen. The easiest to use. Lonely Screen.
Important! AirPlay will not work if the PC and the owner’s device are using different network connections. Therefore, the first step is to connect both devices to the same network.
Algorithm of actions for working with Lonely Screen:
- Download the distribution kit. At the end of the first boot, a notification from the internal security system on the PC will appear on the screen. Be sure to confirm the app’s access to all networks.
- Run the program.
- Unlock the phone. Next, you will need to turn on the “Control Center”, in the report menu you need to select “Screen Repeat”.
- After that, a context menu will appear on the phone display, where all currently available devices for streaming will be displayed. If the desired destination is not in the list, it is recommended to check the device connection and network operation.
- In the menu that appears, select the Lonely Screen item, waiting for the end of the synchronization process. After that, an image from the phone screen will appear on the computer screen.
- To further record video on your computer, you will need to use other programs. The simplest option is the WinG keyboard shortcut (if the operating system is Windows). After activating the hotkeys, the “Open Game Panel” window will appear on the display. To confirm the action, you must check the box “Yes, this is a game.” You can also use other applications. Capture, Nvidia Shadow Play, etc.
An alternative method for recording video from the phone screen is the iTools program. To do this, you need to download it to your computer, install and run it. Algorithm of actions:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable, answering affirmatively to the appeared system message “Trust this computer?”.
- Open the application on your computer and select the “Tools” menu.
- Go to Screen Mirroring.
- The system will display a message stating that the program is launching root mode on the iPhone (developer system).
- Confirm this statement by clicking OK.
- Unlock iPhone. After that, the system itself will start the process of capturing video files on the PC,
- To start recording video, you need to click on the icon with a red circle, in parallel choosing the quality format and the location of the residual files.
- Regardless of the moment of recording, the stream itself can be expanded in full screen on a PC. The final view of the image will be vertical.
The situation is different with users who have a MacBook. For them, video recording from the screen (regardless of which model. S, SE, X, XR) will be carried out by the internal resources of the system, but connected to a computer.
To do this, you need to use the built-in QuickTime Player utility, which is natively present in any device from Apple. The utility allows the owner to create records and open them after.
Important! The quality of video recording on a PC will differ significantly from Windows, and for the better.
QuickTime connects to any Apple device that has the correct firmware version installed. You will need to do the following:
- Connect your phone to your computer via a cord. When pairing these devices for the first time, you will need to confirm that the device is safe and trustworthy.
- Open the QucikTime Player utility on your computer. The quickest way to do a search is through the Spotlight assistant. To do this, use the “Command” and “Space” hotkey combination. In the line that opens at the top, you must enter the name of the desired service.
- In the upper left corner there will be a section with a drop-down menu “File” with a subsection “New video”.
- When you first capture the camera, the program will need confirmation to use sound recording elements (microphone and camera in particular).
- After confirmation, the utility will start recording video, but initially the stream will go from the computer’s web camera. You can transfer the shooting to your phone using the upside down arrow, which is located on the side of the recording activation button.
- Next, you will need to select the desired device from which the recording will go.
- After switching functions to the phone, the computer screen will display the same as the smartphone screen. However, if it was not possible to start the process, then it is recommended to unlock the phone again or repeat the process again.
- Screencast will be performed after activating the “Rec” icon. The “Stop” command will end the process.
After the end of the recording, the user will be offered the opportunity to preview it. After completion, you can close the screencast and click on “File”, then “Save”.
If you need professional sound recording on your phone, you can also connect a microphone. You can change the type of recording device in the settings. the item “Define the sound source”. In the same subsection, you can select the quality in which the screen will be recorded.
The final step in the whole process is exporting the recording. The system itself will suggest where to save the video and what name to assign it.
How to Find Screen Recording on iPhone
It is possible to find the screen recording function on the iPhone in the settings or integrated functions only in one case. if the version of the iPhone operating system is iOS 11 generation or higher. In such a situation, the need to use third-party programs automatically disappears.
The screen recording function itself is located in the “Control Center” subsection. With the release of iOS 11, the creators added a tab that opens with a swipe from the bottom to the top of the screen.
In the subsection “Control Center”, select “Customize controls”. After selection, a menu will open where you can add the desired widgets and functions. To be able to quickly record video from the phone screen, you need to activate “Screen Recorder”.
Important! Initially, there is no screen recording function in the “Control Center”, so you shouldn’t look for it there.
Third-party iPhone screen recorder apps
There are several apps that allow you to directly record videos on your iPad or iPhone. The first one is Screen Recorder. This is one of the oldest apps. It is easy to operate, but does its job well. Allows you to record any type of information on the screen equally well. Supports HD video format with clear sound range. Also in this program you can apply additional effects and music.
DU Recorder stands out for its reliability. The application allows you to directly record video and shoot live broadcasts. By the way, while streaming, you can still choose the video quality. There is also a function of protection against illegal actions in relation to video. The application will help you instantly cut out unnecessary frames or, conversely, add the necessary ones.
Display Screen recorder is the same recording application, but with a twist: all video files are stored in one endpoint and can be edited. Also, inside the application itself, you can share videos with other users.
Important! All these applications will be relevant only for users who cannot update their gadget to iOS 11.
What to do if iPhone screen recording is silent
Most users face a similar problem. In vain attempts to find the cause, they get a broken microphone or use third-party applications that heavily load the system. With the release of the fifth model, the engineers decided to introduce two microphones into the device. One of them is mounted between the camera and the flash, it is used when recording sound on video.
First of all, you should check that the microphone is not caught in a case or protective film, because some creators of accessories forget to leave room for it.
Advice! Sometimes you can make a cut in the protective film yourself to leave this place without pressure.
Also, dirt and dust can clog into the slot itself, which significantly reduces the level of reproduced sound.
You should also check if the microphone is connected at all to the video recording. By default, it does not turn on when you record video from the screen on an iPhone or iPad. To do this, when selecting the recording function itself, press the recording activation button. After some time, a context menu will open, below which the “Enable” or “Disable” option for the microphone will be displayed.