How to solve the problem through iTunes if you forgot your password
ITunes is considered to be one of the most multifunctional devices for Apple, which helps to quickly and easily restore a locked iPhone. But it is enough just to enter the wrong code several times in a row or use the biometric scanner incorrectly for the phone to go out completely. Therefore, in such situations, it always makes sense in a PC with iTunes installed on it.
At the same time, for the recovery itself through the application, the following step-by-step algorithm of actions is provided:
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the supplied cable.
- Try to force restart the gadget by quickly pressing the plus and minus of the volume control (relevant for models “8”, “8 Plus” and older). If you use earlier versions, such as “6s”, then it makes sense to simultaneously hold down two keys at once. “Home” and “Power / Volume”. But the activation of an extinct iPhone in almost all devices is carried out in the same way, or to be more precise, by pressing and holding the side controller for a long time.
- If the iPhone has been restored to its senses, then you should select the restore option and synchronize, along the way agreeing to save the previously made backup file copies in the device’s memory.
At the final stage, the phone is reconfigured, after which it will not hurt to write out the saved code and password in some notebook or diary, so that one not very fine day the user does not have to restore this data again.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 5, 5S, 6S, 4C, SE without Apple ID
Naturally, it is possible to change the account settings only if the information about the previous data has not been lost. In all other cases, you will have to reset the basic parameters of the smartphone or tablet to the factory settings, which is fraught with the complete loss of personal data. It is quite simple to insure yourself against such consequences, because you can always dump all information from Apple products to a PC or hard drive in time, using such a universal tool as iTunes.
As for the very algorithm of actions for resetting the settings, it is not difficult, assuming a transition to the settings menu, and then to the section “Password and Security”. For the reset itself, you will have to strain your brains and remember all the secret answers to questions, trusted phone numbers and mailboxes, as well as recovery keys that were specified by the user during registration.
It is also worth noting that you can implement your plan not only from this iPhone, but also from a device paired with it using the same Apple ID.
Things will be much more difficult if the user forgets all security questions at once, or loses access to synchronized devices operating from a shared account. Nevertheless, today even such problems are easily and quickly solved, albeit through the use of third-party software such as “Apple Support” and “Find iPhone”.
The first application is supported by Apple devices running iOS12 and later versions of the proprietary operating system. As for its use to reset user data, immediately after downloading the software from the AppStore to the gadget system, it is recommended to act in accordance with the following instructions:
- First of all, you need to go to the “Get support” section, which can be seen at the bottom of the device display.
- Next, from the entire list, select the tab “Apple ID” and “Forgot your password”.
- The next step involves clicking on the option “Another password”.
After going through the specified chain, you should reset the code, following the instructions, which may differ slightly depending on the type and model of the device. The Find iPhone program is no less effective in solving this problem, moreover, it is suitable not only for the 12th version of the operating system, but also for its earlier versions (and therefore for older devices), starting with the 9th Factory reset works in this application according to the following principle:
- Immediately after entering the software, you must make sure that the field is free of any characters. If this is not the case, then you will have to manually delete the entered data.
- Next, you click on the command “Forgot your ID or password?” and all the necessary reset manipulations are performed.
If the input screen remains inaccessible, then there is always the opportunity to exit and re-check the state of the field to enter the verification code. And if this time it is empty, then you can safely bring the started business to its logical conclusion.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password in 2021
Modern mobile devices have many levels of protection, which often make the system inaccessible not only for intruders and outsiders, but also for the owners themselves. The reason is trivial, because both old and young people can forget the entered password, especially if they are often changed to enhance the security of the gadget, which can be fraught with similar consequences. And everything would be fine, but only the number of attempts to enter the coveted cipher is limited, so you should never rush to try all possible combinations so as not to block the device.
What is an Apple ID password and why it is dangerous to forget it
One of these security codes is the Apple ID password, found exclusively in Apple products from Cupertino. And unlike many other locking tools, the use of this key is mandatory, and from the very beginning of the device’s operation, that is, from the moment of its first setup.
In the first case, the user is prompted to enter a name written in Latin with the obligatory ending “@ iCloud.com”, while the password requires a combination of numeric and alphabetic characters with the obligatory use of uppercase and uppercase letters.
It is noteworthy that to create your Apple account, it is not at all necessary to purchase a new device, because you can register on the official website Appled.Apple.com, doing it completely free of charge.
In this case, it is not at all necessary to tie up your bank card data, despite the fact that the system will request them. over, if you do not intend to use iTunes or any other paid Apple services, then it is better not to tie the card at all, since by agreeing to a 3-month free subscription to any application, its owner risks receiving an automatic withdrawal of funds after the specified period.
It should be noted that it will not be possible to do without accounting, and not only at the initial stage of operation, but also in the future, since access to the AppStore and any other built-in service of the company without an Apple ID continues to be impossible.
But changing the secret code-password is quite real, and completely free of charge and as much as your heart desires. To do this, go to the “Account Management” menu and enter a new password with a mandatory duplicate confirmation, using for this purpose any synchronized device with the same ID.
Password recovery methods
It is worth noting that an almost identical method for recovering user information is provided when using the iCloud cloud storage service. But that’s not all, because there are a lot of life hacks for changing the password. And it is definitely worth taking a closer look at the following ones:
- Resetting the counter of incorrect password attempts.
- Using iPhone recovery mode, relevant only if the ID is known.
- Installing a new firmware using a special DFU-mode, used when the previously performed manipulations were not effective enough.
It is noteworthy that all of these recovery tools are also based on iTunes, in most cases asking for an ID. But if the user cannot boast of such a privilege, and none of the methods works, then it is necessary to check all paired devices for logging into iCloud, and also exclude the presence of activated 2-factor authentication. Alternatively, you can try to fix the problem in the following ways:
- Click on the “Forgot ID or Password” option, after going to the account page.
- Select the item “Reset password” and confirm it with the command “Continue”.
- Decide on the method of resetting data by choosing an answer to security questions or sending a confirmation to an email address.
It is also worth recalling that when requesting a recovery key, you will have to pass verification in two stages, entering not only the user-specified identifier, but also the requested key. Next, a trusted gadget is selected, the changes are confirmed using the link sent to the specified address, a reset is performed, and a new password is specified. Voila! iPhone is restored and ready for further use without the slightest threat to user security.
Factory reset iPhone
Hard resetting your device will erase all information previously contained on it, including settings and downloaded content. This will allow you to return it to the state it was after you purchased it. You can perform a reset in different ways, each of which will be discussed in detail below.
Please note that you can only zero your device using the first three methods if the Find iPhone tool is disabled on the device. That is why, before we move on to the analysis of these methods, we will consider how the protective function is deactivated.
The main tool for pairing iPhone with computer is iTunes. Naturally, a complete reset of content and settings can be easily performed using this program, but only if the iPhone was previously synchronized with it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes. When the smartphone is identified by the program, at the top of the window, click on its thumbnail.
On the Overview tab on the right side of the window, there is a Restore iPhone button. Select her.
How to Hard Reset iPhone
Perhaps the easiest and fastest way to perform a reset is through the settings of the phone itself.
At the end of the window that opens, select the “Reset” button.
The following method of restoring a gadget via iTunes is only suitable if the gadget was previously paired with your computer and the program. But in situations where recovery is required to be performed on someone else’s computer, for example, to remove the password from the phone, using recovery mode is suitable.
- Unplug your phone completely and then connect it to your computer using the original USB cable. Launch iTunes. Until the phone will be detected by the program, since it is in an inactive state. It is at this moment that you will need to enter it into recovery mode in one of the ways, the choice of which depends on the gadget model:
- iPhone 6S and younger Simultaneously hold down two keys: “Home” and “Power”. Hold them until the phone screen turns on;
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. Since this device does not have a physical Home button, it will enter recovery mode in a slightly different way. To do this, hold down the “Power” and volume down keys. Keep holding until the smartphone turns on.
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. In the latest models of Apple devices, the principle of entering Recovery Mode has been quite changed. Now, to put your phone into recovery mode, press and release the volume up key once. Do the same with the volume down button. Hold down the power key and hold until the device turns on.
How to turn off Find My iPhone
And finally, a way to erase content and settings remotely. Unlike the previous three, this method can only be used if the Find iPhone feature is enabled. In addition, before proceeding with the procedure, be sure to make sure that the phone has access to the network.
Run any web browser on your computer and go to the iCloud service website. Log in using your Apple ID details. email and password.
Once signed in, open the Find My iPhone app.
For security purposes, the system will ask you to re-enter your Apple ID password.
The map will be displayed on the screen. After a moment, a mark will appear on it with the current location of your iPhone, Click on it to show an additional menu.
When a window appears in the upper right corner, select “Erase iPhone”.
Any of the above methods will completely delete all data on the phone, returning it to factory settings. If you have any difficulties when erasing information on an Apple gadget, ask your questions in the comments to the article.
Method one, through iTunes (the device turns on)
If your iPhone isn’t severely damaged and can turn on, and you have a USB cable and a computer or laptop with iTunes installed, do the following:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Under Settings [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. If iTunes requires you to enter a password or make this computer trusted, follow the instructions of the program.
- When the device is displayed in the program, select it in the panel on the left.
- In the Overview tab, click the Restore iPhone button.
- In the pop-up window, click “Restore” again to confirm.
After that, the device will be cleared of your data and returned to factory settings, and the current version of iOS will be installed.
How to Factory Reset iPhone: 3 Ways for Different Occasions
Keep a quick cheat sheet on how to factory reset iPhone. with and without iTunes.
For a number of reasons, you may need to reset your iPhone to factory settings. In Apple’s terminology, this is called “restoring iPhone”, that is, returning the original settings and setting up the smartphone as new. Read below for three ways to do this.
HOW to Hard Reset iPhone 4/4S [Works in 2021]
Method two, through iTunes (the device does not turn on)
If the iPhone is no longer able to start on its own, you will again need a computer with iTunes and a USB cable. To reset the settings, follow the instructions:
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Open iTunes.
- Under Settings [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone.
- On the connected device, make a forced restart:
- IPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- On iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Hold them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- IPhone 6s and earlier: Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time. Hold them until the recovery mode screen appears. In all three cases, it looks like this:
In this case, the iPhone settings will also be reset to factory settings, and the current version of the operating system will be “uploaded” to the device.
Method three, without iTunes (the device turns on)
You can also do a factory reset on the iPhone itself if you don’t have a computer. But this can only be done if the device turns on.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the device menu in the “Settings” “General” “Reset”.
- Click “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password to confirm.
After that, wait for the settings to be erased. The device will be returned to factory condition.
If your iPhone turns on, we recommend that you back up your data to Apple cloud or external storage before resetting.
IPhone Factory Reset Precautions
But, before proceeding with the description of the ways to reset iPhone to factory settings, you need to make some warnings.
- Before proceeding with a factory reset, you need to make sure your iPhone is at least 30 percent charged. Because if it runs out of power during a factory reset, it will create additional problems for you.
- You shouldn’t do a factory reset on a jailbroken iPhone. Otherwise, it may cause the smartphone to freeze when loading.
- It is highly advisable to make a backup before resetting iPhone. If necessary, this will allow you to restore important information that was on the device before the reset. In order to make a backup, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and open “File. Devices. Create a backup copy”.
Factory Reset iPhone
The easiest way to reset iPhone DO to factory settings is to use a special function in the settings of the device itself. To do this, you need to open the “Settings” application on the iPhone and go to the “General” section.
After that, you need to go to the settings subsection, which is called “Reset”. This section should be located at the very bottom of the “Basic” section.
After that, you will see a list of what you can reset on the iPhone. At the very top there will be two main options for resetting the settings “Reset all settings” and “Reset content and settings”.
The first option, “Reset All Settings” is a reset that will exclusively affect your iPhone’s settings. In this case, all your personal data (including photos, contacts, music) will remain in the smartphone’s memory.
The second option “Reset Content & Settings” is to hard reset your iPhone. In this case, not only the iPhone settings will be deleted, but also all the content in its memory. In other words, all user data will be deleted from the smartphone’s memory.
In addition, in the “Reset” subsection, other methods of resetting the settings are available: Reset network settings, reset the keyboard dictionary, reset the “Home” button settings and reset the geolocation settings. These factory reset methods only affect specific iPhone settings.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Factory reset on iPhone can be useful in various situations. For example, in the event of a sale of a device or in the event of various software failures.
In this article, we will look at two ways at once on how to reset iPhone to factory settings. These methods will be relevant for all the latest models of smartphones from Apple, including iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s and 7.
Factory Reset iPhone via iTunes
The second way to reset iPhone to factory settings is to use iTunes. But, in order to use this method, you must first change some settings on the iPhone.
To do this, go to the settings on the iPhone and open the “iCloud” section. This is where you need to find Find My iPhone and turn it off. Please note that in order to disable this feature, you will need to enter your iCloud password.
After Find My iPhone is turned off, you can proceed with a factory reset. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes. After iTunes detects the iPhone, you need to click on the device icon in the upper left corner of the program.
And click on the “Restore iPhone” button. Pay attention, just below there is a button “Restore from a copy”. This button is responsible for restoring iPhone from a previously created backup and has nothing to do with factory reset. Therefore, do not confuse the buttons “Restore iPhone” and “Restore from a copy”.
After clicking on the “Restore iPhone” button, a pop-up window will appear warning you about resetting your iPhone to factory settings. In order to confirm the reset, you need to click on the “Restore” button. After that iTunes will start the factory reset process on your iPhone.
In addition, iTunes allows you to reset iPhone to factory settings in recovery mode. To do this, you need to connect the iPhone to the computer, hold down the power button and the Home button and hold them for ten seconds, after which you need to release the power button and continue to hold the Home button. This will put your iPhone into recovery mode. Now you just need to click on the “Restore iPhone” button in iTunes and wait until the reset process is over.
How to create an iCloud backup
Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet.
Go to Settings → Username → iCloud. If your device is running iOS 10.2 or earlier, open Settings, scroll down the settings page and select iCloud.
Make sure the switches next to Contacts, Calendar and other iCloud menu items are active.
Scroll down the page and click iCloud Backup. On the next screen, make sure the “iCloud Backup” switch is activated.
Click “Back Up” and wait for completion. At the end of the process, the time of the last created copy on this screen will not be updated.
Back up important data
If you want to keep your personal information, make a local backup of your iPhone or iPad on your computer and / or a cloud copy to iCloud. By doing this, you can recover the erased data on the current or new machine.
Perform a reset
Go to “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” and click “Erase content and settings”.
Confirm the deletion of the data and wait for the process to complete. If the system asks you to disable Find iPhone, do it in Settings → Username → iCloud.
After restarting the gadget, a welcome screen will appear on the screen and a prompt to complete the setup, just like when you first turned it on.
If you cannot reset through the settings because you forgot your password, read our instructions.
How to reset iPhone or iPad through the settings menu
This method is suitable when the device is working and you can unlock its screen. A reset through the settings menu is performed to erase all personal data from the iPhone or iPad before the sale. Or to restore normal operation of the device when it continues to slow down even after a restart.
How to create a backup via iTunes or Finder
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. If you are using Windows, macOS Mojave or earlier, launch iTunes; on macOS Catalina and later, open Finder.
If prompted, enter the password for the device and confirm the connection request by clicking “Trust this computer” on the iPhone or iPad screen.
Select the desired gadget in the sidebar of iTunes or Finder, and then click “Browse” or “General” in the main window, where all information is displayed.
Click the “Back Up Now” button. If along with other information you want to save the data of the programs “Health” and “Activity”, first mark the item “Encrypt backup”, enter the password and remember it.
Follow the program prompts and wait for the backup to complete.
How to factory reset iPhone or iPad
If the device is buggy, does not turn on or is put up for sale, you should return the factory settings.
How to reset iPhone or iPad in recovery mode
This is the method for when the iPhone or iPad won’t turn on or freezes during the boot process. As a result, all personal data will be erased, and you can restore it only if you have previously created backups in iCloud or on your computer.
Connect your iOS device to your PC. If you are using Windows, macOS Mojave or earlier, launch iTunes; on macOS Catalina and later, open Finder.
Put the gadget into recovery mode using the instructions for your model:
- On an iPad without a Home button, quickly press and release the volume up key, just as quickly press and release the volume down key. Then press the top button. Hold it until the recovery mode screen appears.
- On iPhone 8, iPhone SE (second generation), iPhone X and later, quickly press and release the volume up key, quickly press and release the volume down key. Press and hold the side button until recovery mode opens.
- On iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, press and hold the Side button and the Volume Down key at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- On an iPad with a Home button, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE (1st generation), and earlier, press and hold the Home and Side (Top) buttons at the same time until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
In the pop-up notification on the computer, select “Repair”, confirm the action and follow the prompts.
At the end of the process, all data from the iPhone or iPad will be deleted, and the settings will be reset to factory settings.
How to reset iPhone DO to factory settings using buttons
If your mobile device from Apple constantly freezes or restarts, then a complete reset of the device can solve many software problems. In this article, we will talk about how to reset iPhone DO to factory settings using the buttons.
You can reset iPhone via Recovery Mode using computer and iTunes. We will also consider the option without the use of additional tools. only the physical keys of the phone.
iPhone 6s and earlier (including iPhone SE)
Let’s start with older devices. This includes all generations of iPhone up to and including 6s and 6s Plus. On these versions of the device, Home (located under the screen) is a physical key, so it is used in the Hard Reset procedure. Press the Power and Home buttons at the same time for 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
What will be removed?
Before you reset the device, read the list of materials and sections that will be deleted. The complete list is presented below:
- contacts, calendar, notes;
- installed applications;
- music, videos, podcasts;
- network settings, geolocation.
It is recommended that you back up to your computer hard drive or iCloud before resetting. This way you will spend the least amount of time restoring all your personal data and settings. After that, you can proceed to the zeroing procedure.
Depending on the iPhone model, you need to choose the appropriate factory reset method. We have identified 3 relevant options for different versions of the phone.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
In the seventh version of the iPhone, the physical Home button became touch-sensitive, so they decided to change the emergency reset combination. If the phone freezes, the touch button stops responding to pressing. To reset, you need to hold down the volume down key and the power button at the same time.
iPhone 8 and all new models
Starting with the iPhone 8, the creators of the mobile device have changed the emergency reset procedure. Now 3 physical keys are involved in this process. First you need to press the volume up button. Immediately after that, press the volume down key once. Then hold down the on / off button for a few seconds until the company logo appears.
Reset in recovery mode
A full reset via Recovery Mode uses both the phone buttons and the computer with iTunes. To perform zeroing using a PC, follow the presented algorithm:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and wait for syncing with your phone.
- Reset using the buttons as described in our instructions above.
- After that, iTunes on the computer will prompt you to restore or update the device. Click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Now it remains to wait for the phone to return to factory settings.
After completing the procedure, you will receive iOS in its original form. At startup, you need to select a language, region, authorize or register an Apple ID, and so on.
An alternative reset method is the iOS system menu. However, to use it, your device must start properly and not freeze for 10-15 minutes. Then you will have time to go into the settings and select the appropriate zeroing option. The advantage of this method is that the user himself chooses the reset area (full reset, reset content, network settings, geo settings, dictionary, etc.).
ICloud cloud storage
The Apple owner is allocated 5 GB of cloud storage for free. For a successful procedure, you need to provide a stable mobile Internet or Wi-Fi.
- Open “Settings” and go to “iCloud”;
- activate the “Backup” option;
- select “Backup to iCloud”;
- confirm the process by selecting “Create a backup”.
Quit all services
Before restarting the gadget globally, you need to log out (unlink) from all user accounts in:
- iCloud, iTunes, App Store. to restrict access to encrypted personal data of the user, saved settings and documents;
- iMessage and Face Time. to avoid problems with the exchange of SMS and video calls;
- Messaging apps (VK, FB, Instagram, Viber, WhatsApp and others). their notifications can interfere with the data reset process.
How to understand if you managed to enable DFU mode
Throughout the procedure, the screen of the device should remain black, this is the only sign of successful activation of the mode. When the startup sounds and the welcome window appear, you must repeat the process.
After all the manipulations, you must confirm the notification “iTunes has found an iPhone in recovery mode” and click “Restore iPhone”.
In case of loss of the device, it is possible to remotely delete confidential data using the “Find iPhone” function.
Feature present in any iPhone from the fourth. It works without restrictions only with the original software. No direct interaction with the device itself is required.
- Log in to iCloud.com. enter your Apple ID and passcode;
- Go to the “Find iPhone” section and confirm the actions by re-entering the password;
- Select the device from which the data will be deleted;
- Click on the “Erase” button;
- Confirm your intentions by filling in the access code in the appropriate box.
When carrying out an operation, encrypted information is deleted even on a non-bearing device (turned off or discharged, with GPS turned off or in Airplane mode). As soon as the smartphone connects to the Internet, the Apple server will send the appropriate commands to format the data.
Step by step instructions on how to erase all data and settings from iPhone
Let’s find out how to reset iPhone DO to factory settings. This procedure is vital if:
- You are about to sell a gadget;
- Want to format your memory and “set up your device like new”,
- iOs works crookedly, there are a lot of glitches or caught a virus;
- The smartphone has been stolen or lost;
- You bought an iPhone from someone else.
At the same time, everything is deleted: photos, videos, correspondence in instant messengers, any access and passwords, contacts, games, programs, etc.
The instruction is universal and suitable for all models: 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11. 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- To start
- Be sure to check IMEI
- Make BackUp
- ICloud cloud storage
- Connect via iTunes
- Quit all services
- The ways
- Standard tools
- Erase remotely
- DFU mode
- How to understand if you managed to enable DFU mode
- Third party applications
- Tenorshare 4uKe
You can clean the iPhone through iTunes, here’s how to do it correctly:
- First, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable;
- Now you need to turn on and unlock the smartphone to determine the iOS version by the system;
- After recognizing the device, the program will require disabling the Find iPhone function;
- By default, the program will offer to restore data from a previously saved copy. refuse, because you need a complete cleaning of the iPhone.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Restore iPhone” button.
Third party applications
If, in addition to the cancellation of all system data, there is a need to remove the login password, identification means (fingerprint), unlink accounts from applications, then you can resort to third-party developer tools that will allow you to do this.
Reset via iTunes
You can drop iPhone DO factory settings through iTunes. This will require:
- Go to the main section and select the tab at the top of the “Restore iPhone” window.
- The application will notify you that you need to disable the “Find iPhone” function, which is located in the main menu. To do this, on the iPhone, you need to click on the “Settings” icon.
- In the new window, find the “iCloud” section.
- To disable the setting in the iPhone menu, you need to move the lever to the left.
- The system will ask you to confirm your choice of action. To do this, you need to enter the password for your Apple ID account and click on the “Turn off” button.
- You need to go back to iTunes and click on the “Restore iPhone” button again. The system will automatically scan the iPhone and perform a factory reset.
After that, the data from the iPhone will be backed up. There will be a complete rollback of the settings to the factory level and the deletion of all system information. The system will download the updated version of the OS to the smartphone.
After this action, the installation of the downloaded system on the phone will begin. The smartphone will reboot several times. Do not disconnect the device from the USB cable during installation. This can damage the download and the procedure will have to start over.
After completing this action, the program will display a notification that the download is complete. The phone will restart for the last time and the welcome screen will load, after which you need to configure the device from scratch.
To download previously copied files, you need, without disconnecting the smartphone from the USB cable, in the program, click on the button “Restore from a copy”.
iTunes will automatically download all the files you copied earlier and restart the iPhone. After that, the device will be completely updated.
Factory reset iPhone
Owners of smartphones from Apple more than once faced problems when the device began to slow down or software glitches appeared. The surest way to fix such a problem would be to factory reset your iPhone. Apple developers have implemented several hard reset methods specifically to implement this function. All Hard Reset options will be described in detail below in the article.
You may need to reset your iPhone DO to factory settings for several reasons:
- clear the device from the accumulated data;
- reset all settings to factory level;
- remove corrupted files or software.
The operation performed allows you to reboot the device and return it to all factory parameters that were at the time of release. The following versions of smartphones support system rollback:
- later models released after 2016.
The iOS mobile OS allows you to perform a factory reset not only on iPhone, but also on iPad. The developers have implemented several ways through which users can perform an operation to reset the system parameters.
Copy and Restore via iTunes
What does it mean to restore iPhone to iTunes? This is the standard procedure for rolling back and updating the system, with the transfer of all files from the device to a personal computer.
This step requires a PC, USB connection cable, and iTunes software. After synchronizing the gadget with the software, controls are available that allow you to configure the device from a computer.
To activate the smartphone control system in the main window of the program, you need to:
- Click on the thumbnail image of the phone.
- To copy all available information on the gadget at the bottom of the screen, click on the “Create a copy now” button.
Recovery via iTunes is as follows. To do this, you must have a copy saved through the program on a PC. Next, you need to click on the “Restore from a copy” button. Factory reset can erase all data on iPhone. Recovery will protect against information loss.
ITunes will then automatically upload all saved data to your device. It is worth noting that the copy will replace the information previously posted on the smartphone.
Reset via iPhone
You can reset everything to factory settings on iPhone through the system menu. How do I completely clean my device? For this you will need:
- Open the “Basic” tab in a new window.
- In the iPhone menu that appears, click on the “Reset” item.
You can’t completely reset your iPhone. There are several ways to choose from to reset the factory settings.
It is worth noting that to completely reset all settings and delete files on the iPhone, you will need to disable the password set in the system. Without this action, the system will not be able to perform a data reset operation.
iPhone can be reset to factory settings via a keyboard shortcut. This method is called Hard Reset. A hard reset erases all data on the device. The operation will be useful if the gadget does not start or a system error appears.
To do this, turn off your phone completely. Next, on the iPhone, you need to hold down the Home and Power keys together and hold them for up to 15 seconds.
The iPhone branded logo will light up, and a download bar will appear below it. After releasing the buttons, you must wait until the files are uploaded. The iPhone will then start up with factory settings. When performing such an operation, it is necessary that the battery charge is at least 50%, otherwise the recovery process may be interrupted.
It is up to the user to decide whether a backup copy of the data is needed. It is recommended to use special means of storing information when carrying out the procedure for rolling back the system to the factory level.
To do this, you can choose one of the following methods:
- Saving to iCloud.
- Copy and Restore via iTunes.
Actions are performed in a few clicks. With these methods of saving data, all information after a system rollback will be restored to the mobile device. At the same time, you do not need to upload files yourself and distribute them to sections.
iOS and services working with this system allow all actions to be carried out automatically. A full backup of the information is made. When you reset the settings, all data is deleted and the operating system is reinstalled.
When you activate the recovery mode, all programs and multimedia files are downloaded to the device again using the PC and USB cable. Additionally, iCloud cloud storage service can be used.
Saving to iCloud
Through iCloud, saving occurs remotely. You can do everything through a smartphone. The application is system.
- The menu that opens should be scrolled to the “iCloud” tab.
- To access the online storage, you must enter your Apple ID, password and click on the “Login” button.
- Immediately after logging in, a notification about the merging of contacts will appear To save the information, click on the “Combine” item.
Save mode will start. Depending on the speed of data transfer and their volume, it will be necessary to wait from 1 to 5 minutes.
After that, a window will appear where the user’s choice will be presented to all applications and information sources, the data of which can be copied in automatic mode.
Saving is activated by swiping to the right. Scrolling down the window, the “Storage and Copies” tab will appear.
By clicking on this item, a new menu will open. It displays the total available and used amount of copied data.
To create a full backup of the device in the cloud storage, you need to click on the “Create a copy” item.
To quickly copy all the information, it is better to use a stable internet connection. Provides high speed data uploading Wi-Fi network.
How to reconfigure to another user? All you need to do is sign out of your Apple ID and enter other login details. As a result, the gadget will have access to information and programs that were used by another person.
Summary and comments
Apple has many options for restoring the functionality of its devices. The procedure is not much different on different iPhone models. Resetting to factory settings will help both when selling a phone to delete all confidential data, and simply to clean the smartphone from accumulated software junk. If you have any problems when trying to carry out a Hard Reset or have questions, ask them in the comments, and our specialists will try to give them the most detailed answer.
Users can draw their own conclusions about which of the above methods suits them best. Each of the options discussed will help you reset your iPhone. You can also perform this action through a personal computer.
Regardless of how you perform a factory reset, it is recommended that you back up your data. It will allow you to save information and quickly load it after resetting your iPhone. The listed methods are suitable for all gadgets running iOS mobile OS from version 7 and above.
Features of the
What happens if you reset the settings of the smartphone? When you roll back to the factory level, all data from the phone is deleted. If you completely reset the iPhone and do not backup the files, then after the restart, the data will be destroyed. To select the appropriate option for deleting information, you must:
- Scroll the menu to the “Reset” tab.
After selecting a section, a small menu will appear. The owner of the smartphone will be offered options for choosing to reset the previously made settings to the factory level.
The following types of Factory Restore are available:
- resetting the keyboard dictionary;
- reset network settings;
- reset the “Home” setting.
Additionally, the owner of the gadget can reset the location settings to the factory level. At the same time, you may receive geo-location warnings that it will be necessary to disable the “Find iPhone” function.
You can reset the network settings if the gadget stops responding to available connections. Another reason for performing an operation through the settings may be the lack of communication or interruptions when working in Wi-Fi mode. Before performing a full rollback of the system to the factory level, you must reset the password.