New customers may forget the access code provided by the previous owner. You will first need to install this application on your computer. Next, the gadget is connected to the PC and the “Start” button is pressed. The Tenorshare 4uKe application opens. The user has to say the latest iOS version. When the operation is completed, you can click on the “Start unlocking” button. The procedure takes a few minutes. When formatting is over, all data will be completely deleted.
Applying DFU Mode
First you need to enter this mode, you can do it in this way:
- the smartphone is connected to a stationary computer;
- iTunes starts up;
- then at the same time you will need to press the “Home” and “Enable” buttons;
- now you can release the power button;
- but the Home key remains held down;
- now it remains to wait for the application to detect the device.
- The gadgets of the 7, 8, X, XR, XS series do not have a Home key, so the Power button is selected there.
Ways to clean your smartphone
If a customer needs to delete data from an iPhone prior to selling, there are several options they can apply. How can I do that:
- use the iTunes program;
- reset through “Settings”;
- use Hard Reset;
- application of the special DFU mode;
- access to third-party programs.
Each of these methods has certain nuances of use. It is worth talking about this in more detail.
Using third-party programs
If the user needs information on how to reset the iPhone, then he can use special applications. Through such programs, you can eliminate saved passwords and other personal data. There is also a decoupling from gaming profiles and social networks. There are two programs you can use.
How to log out of all services
Before erasing all information completely, it is recommended to delete passwords and exit applications on your cell phone. The client must quit programs such as:
- In contact with;
- Face time;
This will allow the owner of the gadget to avoid possible problems with the delivery of messages and notifications. You will also need to sign out of the App Store, Icloud and iTunes. This will allow you to secure the user profile and protect his personal data.
6 Easy Ways to Reset iPhone Settings
Sometimes, gadget users need to remove all installed settings by updating them to the factory settings. Such actions are usually required when a customer wants to sell a smartphone. Also, this function allows you to get rid of some problems with “glitches” in the system. To perform the operation, the owner must know how to reset the iPhone DO to factory settings.
How to reset through the “Settings” section
To delete all data from iPhone, there is a simple option to apply. To do this, the user needs to perform a number of such actions:
- on a cell phone, open the section with settings;
- then the item “Basic” is selected from the list;
- if you scroll the page to the very end, then there will be a button “Reset”.
When the user clicks on the button, the system will immediately offer him a choice of several options for deleting data. You can do it like this:
- Delete network settings. This option will be required if the customer has replaced the SIM card with a cellular one and there are problems with finding a network. After completing the cleaning, the personal parameters of the owner of the gadget will not be affected.
- Reset cellular settings. The operation takes no longer than one minute. User data will not be affected. All photos, videos and contacts will be saved. But the removal will affect alarms and standard applications. The procedure can help if the gadget sometimes freezes.
- Eliminate settings and files. This option is used if the subscriber wants to donate a smartphone or sell it. After the procedure, the buyer will receive a phone without files and contacts. You will also additionally log out of your Apple ID account. Deleting files this way may take longer, especially if the phone memory is full.
- Before completely resetting your iPhone, it’s advised to charge it to 40%. Also, do not turn off the device, this can lead to malfunctions. When deleting files on a smartphone with Jailbreak, the gadget may be locked.
How to make a backup and check Have
There are some additional tips to follow before you start deleting settings from your phone. First, you should charge your smartphone, the battery must have at least 30% charge. If the clearing of information is delayed, and the gadget sits down in the process, there may be problems with the operation of the software.
Before deleting parameters, the user must check the gadget using the Name. This is required to determine if the gadget is not locked. You can use special online services to obtain such data. For example, a client can use the imeipro.info portal, for this you need to follow the following scheme:
- enter your phone number into an empty window;
- check the “ReCaptcha” data;
- click on the “Check” button.
- To find Have a smartphone, you can look at it on the box of the device. The client can also get the parameters through the cellular settings. To do this, go to the “About device” section and select the item.
When the verification operation is completed, and the system will indicate in the results that the phone is “Unlocked”, you can start resetting the parameters. At the same time, you cannot perform the procedure with the jailbreak installed, as this will entail a complete blocking of the gadget.
Also, the user must make a backup before resetting the settings on the iPhone. There are several ways to create a backup copy on an account:
- Through the Cloud in Icloud. All smartphone owners are provided with 5 gigabytes of free memory in the cloud storage of the gadget. To create a copy, you need to be connected to the network via mobile or Wi-Fi. The user must open the section with the smartphone settings. Then he opens the item “iCloud”. Now you can start creating a copy, for this, select the “iCloud Backup” sub-item.
- Using the iTunes app. First, you need to connect your cell phone to your computer, you can use a laptop. Next, the iTunes application is launched. The system selects the “This computer” section and creates a new copy.
How to factory reset iPhone DO without a computer?
Erasing Data from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to the menu “Settings” “General” “Reset” Then click “Erase content and settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password when prompted. Then confirm that you want to erase the data from the device.
- Wait for the data to be erased
How to turn off the screen time password?
Reset your Screen Time passcode on your own device
- Make sure your device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- Select Settings Screen Time.
- Click Change Screen Time Passcode, then click Change Screen Time Passcode again.
How to Reset Firmware on iPhone?
What to do to restore the firmware:
- Go to ipsw.me and download the latest stable firmware for your device.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer, launch the iTunes application and go to the section with the connected device.
- Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Option (macOS) key and click Refresh.
How to remove time limit on iPhone?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the Screen Time section.
- Here select Program Limits.
- Select the application or category for which you want to remove the limit.
- Click Remove Limit.
How to turn off IOS 13 screen time?
Go to the “Settings” menu on the iPhone, look for the “Screen Time” tab. go on it, scroll down all the way, there will be a button “Turn off screen time”. Press, after which it will stop working and be displayed.
How to reset iPhone 6?
- Go to Home screen.
- Next, select Settings.
- Click General.
- Select Reset, then the option to Erase all data and factory reset.
- Confirm intent.
- Enter your password if required.
- Confirm your choice and wait for the operation to complete.
How to remove a password prompt on an iPhone?
- Open “Settings”.
- Click [your name] and select “iTunes Store and App Store”.
- Tap Password Settings.
- In the In-App & Other Purchases area, tap the desired setting.
- In the Free Downloads area, tap Request Password to enable or disable this setting.
How to reset iPhone using a computer
If for some reason you cannot go to the iPhone Settings (the firmware has flown, iCloud Activation Lock, you forgot the numeric unlock password, etc.), then the best way to reset the iPhone would be DFU mode. Use this instruction for iPhone 4s. 7, or this instruction for iPhone X. 8.
If everything is OK with the iPhone, follow the steps below:
STEP 1. If you value the data on your iPhone (iPad), be sure to make a backup before proceeding to the next step.
STEP 2. Connect your iPhone with a cable to your computer and launch iTunes. Click on the device icon (see the picture below):
STEP 3. Click the Restore iPhone button on the right side of the screen. If you see the message “You need to turn off Find My iPhone before”, turn it off in Phone Settings here: iCloud Settings Find iPhone.
You need your Apple ID password to disable this feature. This is done so that no one except the last owner can clear this device, for example, in the event of theft by intruders (who do not know the password of the Apple ID account).
STEP 4. After disabling the “Find iPhone” function, confirm your intentions by clicking on the Restore and Update button.
STEP 5. The latest version of iOS will be downloaded from the Internet and then installed on your iPhone. All personal data will be deleted.
STEP 6. The next time you turn on your iOS device, you will be prompted to set it up as new or restore from a backup.
STEP 7. The described procedure for resetting iOS devices does not unlink it from your account. In order for the restored device to no longer be listed in your Apple ID account, go to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and delete the required device in the Find iPhone section.
How to erase content and settings from iPhone
If you have access to the iPhone menu that needs to be reset to a new device state, the method below will work for you. To complete the following steps, you do NOT need a computer with a cable and iTunes software. All the necessary functionality is already included in the iOS Settings.
STEP 1. Since we will be doing a complete cleaning of the iPhone, make sure that there is no important data left on it. As in the first part, if necessary, create a backup copy of the iPhone.
STEP 2. Make sure Find My iPhone is off: iCloud Settings Find My iPhone.
STEP 3. Now go to Settings General Reset and click Erase Content and Settings. Confirm your wish with “Erase iPhone”.
STEP 4. All personal information and iPhone settings will be deleted. IOS version will remain the same as before the reset.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings [Instructions]
If you have finally decided to sell your iPhone or are experiencing some difficulties with the firmware, then this instruction will definitely come in handy in which I told you how to reset the iPhone to factory settings. As a result of the reset, the latest version of iOS will be installed on your device. All data from the iPhone will be deleted.
I often advise friends and readers on the site to reset the iPhone in situations when the device starts to glitch or work slowly. The same steps must be taken before selling your iPhone.
You don’t want someone to be able to view your photos, home videos, and get a list of all your contacts and personal messages to boot? Below I have given several ways Depending on the state of your device, you can perform at least one of them.
You can reset the iPhone both using a computer and on the iOS device itself. Therefore, we will divide our lesson into two parts according to your choice.
Can’t reset iPhone
Both methods above assume that your iPhone is in working order, i.e. recognized in iTunes or you can go to the phone settings. What to do if your phone is frozen or none of the above methods can restore your iPhone?
First of all, try restarting your device. If the reboot did not work, use the instructions for restoring iPhone firmware in DFU mode (links above).
In this article, I showed you how to reset iPhone to factory settings in two ways. If you have any questions regarding linked accounts, write in the comments. Well, if you have learned something useful for yourself, be sure to like it in social networks (buttons below).
Completely reset the settings via Hard Reset
Reset via Hard Reset is needed in such a situation: the user has forgotten the security password and cannot deactivate Find iPhone. the enabled function, in turn, prevents the settings from being restored via iTunes in a softer way.
Such an operation is called “Hard” for a reason. a reset can lead to the fact that all personal data will be lost. Therefore, it is recommended to contact Hard Reset only after other options have already been tried and have not been crowned with success.
Recovery via Hard Reset is done as follows:
Connect the gadget to your PC and launch iTunes as usual.
Enter your smartphone into DFU mode in the following way: simultaneously hold down the Home button and the power button and count to 10. Then release the Power button and continue to hold Home until the characteristic connection sound in iTunes. After entering the gadget in DFU mode, it makes no sense to look at its screen. it will just be black, without icons and images.
Turn to iTunes, and you will see that the window has changed and there is only one button available. “Restore iPhone”. And you need to press it.
It will take a long time to wait until the initial settings are restored. about 10 minutes. When the reset is completed, the user will have to choose one of two options: reactivate the gadget or try to return the deleted data through a backup in iTunes. To implement the second option, you need to go to the “Overview” section of the device and click the “Restore from a copy” button.
Next, in a special window, you need to select the copy that suits you best, and click “Restore”.
Creating a backup copy. is it necessary?
Before you reset the iPhone DO to factory settings, it is worth making a backup copy of the data stored on the phone using iTunes. then, if necessary, important information can be restored. There are two ways to create a backup:
In the context menu of the AppStore, go to the path “File”. “Devices”. “Create a backup copy”.
Click the device icon in the top panel and in the “Overview” section click “Create a copy now”.
It will not be possible to “resurrect” all data using a backup copy. only the following will be available:
Games, apps and music will not be restored.
Reset iPhone via “Settings
You can reset the settings on the iPhone without connecting the gadget to the computer at all. you need to proceed as follows:
Go to “Settings” and select the “General” section.
Scroll to the end and select the “Reset” subsection.
You will see that the device offers several reset options, including:
- Factory reset on iPhone. With such an operation, all personal information that the user stored on the gadget will remain in place. But, for example, alarms and settings of standard applications will be reset. This short-term operation (reset lasts no more than 1 minute) can help with intermittent iPhone freezes.
- Erase content and settings. This type of reset is useful when an Apple user wants to gift or sell a used iPhone. The buyer receives a completely “clean” gadget without traces of preliminary use. including de-authorization of the Apple ID. Such an operation is longer and takes about a couple of minutes (depending on how cluttered the memory is).
- Reset network settings. This operation helps if, after replacing the SIM, the gadget cannot find the network of the new service provider and access the Internet via 3G. Personal information will definitely not suffer from such a reset.
Before you reset your iPhone, pay attention to these “safety rules”:
- Before resetting (especially the second, longest type), recharge the gadget at least to 25-30%. If the iPhone “crashes” while erasing data, most likely, it will have to be restored via iTunes and a cable.
- Jailbroken iPhones (eg Pangu) will end up in “eternal apple mode” by erasing content. Again, you will need to restore via iTunes with a preliminary introduction of the gadget into DFU mode or Recovery Mode.
How to reset iPhone DO to factory settings?
Unfortunately, novice iPhone users do not always prudently approach downloading applications to the device. many, admiring the abundance of free software in the AppStore, install everything without thinking about the usefulness of the programs. It is the lack of free memory that is usually the reason why the iPhone starts to perform worse: for example, freezes or spontaneously reboots. If such “symptoms” appear, then it’s time to “clean” the device’s memory. you can do this by resetting the iPhone to factory settings.
How to Reset iPhone via iTunes?
If you need to reset the settings via iTunes, the first step is to turn off Find My iPhone (if activated). To deactivate on the device, follow the path “Settings”. “iCloud”. “Find iPhone” and turn the toggle switch to the “OFF” state. Then connect the gadget with a USB cable to your PC and follow these simple instructions:
Click on the “Device” icon and you will find yourself in the “Overview” section.
Click the “Restore iPhone” button.
In the window that appears, click “Restore” again. this way you confirm the request.
After that, iTunes itself will download the software to the gadget and return the original iPhone settings. When you reset the settings in this way, contacts, SMS, calendars, alarms and notes will not be affected, but you will have to say goodbye to multimedia files.
Alas, the problems of smartphone users are not limited to gadgets freezing. quite often the owners of even such secure devices as the iPhone become victims of fraud: attackers learn the security password, change it remotely and start blackmailing and extortion. your humble servant also found himself in such a situation. Transferring money is out of the question. blackmail will never end. but a simple reset to factory settings via iTunes will help keep cybercriminals off the hook. The main thing is not to neglect such an opportunity as creating backups: then even after a “hard” reset, you will be able to restore important data.
How to reset iPhone settings quickly
How to reset an iPhone DO to factory settings, when the phone starts loading for a long time, applications stop turning on and malfunctioning, and you just need to reset the settings. You can reset them in different ways, but this procedure is not always necessary. Before selling a smartphone, you also need to do all these steps so that your information does not fall into the hands of another user.
Resetting the settings to Recovery Mode
You can try a method where your phone is unresponsive or won’t start at all. To reset the settings, you need:
- Disconnect iPhone in any available way.
- Hold the Home button.
- Connect via USB cable, while holding the “Home” button.
- You will have a blue circle labeled iTunes. If you do not have it, repeat the procedure.
- Launch iTunes and make sure the iPhone is now in recovery mode, then confirm the action.
You can exit the program as follows:
- Disconnect from the computer by removing the plug from the connector.
- Turn off the power of the phone using the “Power” button.
- Use the same button to turn it on.
The phone should work like new.
Easiest way to reset iphone settings
You can do this all through the settings of the phone itself. If you have an iPad or iPod, you can do it the same way. But keep in mind that your iPhone must be officially jailbroken. If you have a locked model, then do not reset in any case! You can easily check the phone status by the operator’s IMEI code. You can find it:
- At the bottom of the phone cover where the manufacturer of the phone is written.
- In phone. To do this, go to “Settings”, go to “General”, then “About device” and go to the tab “IMEI”.
- On the phone box.
Then you need to go to the IMEI.info website and enter the code there. Next, you will be told whether the phone is “clean” or not. Clean means that the smartphone has not been stolen or blocked. This is what “unlocked” means.
So, here’s how to reset your iPhone:
- Make sure the battery charge is above 80% before starting.
- Find the “Settings” section and go to it.
- Then open the “Basic” tab and scroll to the very bottom.
- There you will find the “Reset” column. By clicking on it, you will be offered a list of what you can reset (Network settings, keyboard, settings “Home”, warnings of the location “All settings”, “Erase content and settings.” Select “Erase content and settings”.
You will see a window where you will have to confirm the operation. Please note that media files, music, games, applications will be deleted without a trace, so you need to save them in backup copies. After that, the smartphone will turn off for a few minutes, after which it will work again. During activation, you need a Wi-Fi or computer internet connection in the iTunes application. The iPhone will offer you two options:
- Set up your phone like new.
- Set up your phone from backups.
If you choose the first item, then it will be as after buying from a cellular salon. If you choose the second, then your data will remain on it. The choice is at your discretion.
Reset settings on iPhone and can’t activate
Many users face this problem, but it is also a fairly simple operation. Use a few tips.
- Turn on the new WiFi network. Sometimes, but very rarely, this is the problem.
- Click the “Home” button, then click “Start over”, try several times (from 5 to 10), since the servers are loaded.
- Replace the SIM card with a working one, then press the “Home” button again and try the activation process from the very beginning.
- Connect iPhone to PC, then hold down the Home button. In the iTunes application, click “Restore iPhone” as described in the above paragraphs.
Typical factory reset problems
There are some reasons you can run into. When a person does not succeed in something, he immediately begins to panic, so read the possible reasons.
- Insufficient memory while performing an update. It is very easy to avoid it: you will need to delete music, games, applications that you do not need.
- Outdated version of iTunes. As mentioned earlier, you need the latest version of the program before resetting the settings, otherwise there may be problems with the procedure.
- Problems with USB cables. To do this, leave only the USB plugs from the keyboard, mouse in the computer. The problem must be resolved.
- Some kind of breakdown in the phone’s microcircuit that needs to be replaced only at the repair center.
Instructions for resetting iPhone DO factory settings
After reading the instructions on the Internet, you can easily do everything yourself without using the help of a wizard. Follow these guidelines and you will learn how to factory reset your iPhone DO without harming your smartphone.
- Go to the “Settings” section on your phone.
- Find the “Basic” tab, scroll to the bottom.
- Click on the “Reset” tab once and select “All Settings”.
- Confirm your action.
The reset takes about a minute or two. After completing the procedure, you can use your smartphone, your data, music, games, applications will not be deleted. Your Safari bookmarks will not be touched. This procedure can speed up your phone.
Find My iPhone and Reset All Settings.
If your smartphone is at a distance from you, and you need to erase data, then this can be easily done using the “Find iPhone” function. To do this, you need to go to the website www.iCloud.com. Then you choose your phone and enter the login and password from the account. As soon as you have entered the data and confirmed them. click “Erase”. The deletion of all data that is on the phone will start when the phone is online, i.e. connected to the internet. But remember that you can delete data only if you have previously connected this function. After erasing all data, the function will be disabled Reminder: you can restore all your data using a backup that is created in iCloud or iTunes!
How not to lose important data when performing a factory reset?
There are two ways to keep your data backed up. It’s using iCloud and iTunes. For the first method, you need a whole Wi-Fi network, and for the second, you need to connect to a computer. Let’s take a closer look at each method. Copy of data to iCloud.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your phone.
- Go to the “Settings” section and click on the “iCloud” tab.
- Click on “Backup” so that your slider is green.
- Then click “Create backup” and wait for the download to complete. After that, it will be created in your iCloud (Time and date will be written).
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes on your PC, but make sure you have the latest version. If not, then be sure to update!
- If you are asked for a password, follow the instructions.
- Click on your device in iTunes when it appears.
- Click on “Create a copy now”.
TIP (Mandatory for everyone): remember and write down the password on several pieces of paper, put it in a place where it will not get lost. Otherwise, you simply won’t be able to restore anything. Then look in the program for the latest date and time to make sure that the process was completed successfully.
Hard reset iphone 6s/ 6s plus, SE, 6/ 6 / plus, 5s, 5c,5, 4s,4 (reset to factory settings)
Factory reset Apple iPhone
The very first is “Reset all settings”, a very handy thing when you need to reset all iPhone settings without losing information in the phone.
Click the Reset all settings button, a notification appears:
Are you sure you want to continue? All settings will be reset. Information and media will remain.
Confirm the reset with a few more clicks. Reset all settings. The reset procedure takes less than a minute, it applies all the initial settings to the iPhone, including those among standard applications, alarms are also lost, but applications, music, photos, contacts and videos remain in place. Safari bookmarks and calendar notes are also intact.
Factory reset and hard reset Apple iPhone
Well, friends, it’s time to get rid of the contents of our iPhone. If earlier, using the instructions for beginners, we filled the phone with various information (games, music, photos, movies), now we will learn to quickly get rid of all files and settings, returning the device to its original state. Today we will consider resetting all information Apple iPhone with iOS 7. But if you do not have a phone, but an iPod touch player or an iPad tablet computer, then you can also perform a full reset using the instructions below.
We will erase all information from the iPhone by means of the phone itself, namely the section. Reset. In addition to completely resetting information, we will consider other types of reset available in the settings of any iPhone, iPod or iPad, which are also useful. The method considered today is not the only one, just as quickly you can erase absolutely everything from the iPhone in another way. using the recovery procedure in iTunes. There is also a third way. remote reset.
To be honest, today’s reset I am doing for you, our reader, a lot of information has accumulated in my iPhone, which I do not want to delete at all. In general, I advise you to use a reset or a full reset:
- When your device is about to have a new owner
- After lots of experimentation and testing of thousands of applications
- Reset sometimes we help in case of iOS firmware crashes
Since I need my information, I will do the following before resetting:
Now I’m ready to perform a hard reset. Before we start, you need to know that immediately after the reset, we need a Wi-Fi access point or iTunes installed on the computer with Internet access. Although mobile internet will probably do too. Another very important feature for iPhone owners is that the phone must be officially unlocked. If you have a locked model, then do not reset. But iPad and iPod touch users have nothing to fear. here we go.
The first thing you need is a good level of charge of the battery, if you do not have 100% charge, then it is better to connect the iPhone to power.
We put it on charge, now go to the standard “Settings” application, select the “Basic” section. Scroll to the very bottom, there is the “Reset” section. Here we see the following types of reset:
- Reset all settings
- Erase content and settings
- Reset network settings
- Reset keyboard dictionary
- Reset Home Settings
- Reset location warnings
Let’s analyze the first three types of the most popular faults:
Hard reset iPhone content
The second button from the top “Erase content and settings”, allows you not only to reset the settings, but also to erase all data from the iPhone or other device. Very useful when selling or donating a used gadget.
If you want to delete everything from the iPhone. click the Erase content and settings button, we see a warning:
Are you sure you want to continue? All media files, data and settings will be erased. This action is irreversible.
A couple of times we confirm with the button. “Erase iPhone”. The phone turned off and after 2 minutes turned on again, in some cases the reset procedure may take longer, it all depends on the model and the amount of memory filled.
Important! When buying a second-hand iPhone, before paying, always reset with the button. Erase content and settings, this will allow you to avoid, in the future, a possible activation lock.
After turning on, the iPhone asked for activation, during which we needed the Internet (Wi-Fi or iTunes on a computer with Internet access). During activation, the iPhone is gossiping about something and connecting to Apple’s servers. Accordingly, without the Internet, a completely reset iPhone cannot be started. iPhone or iTunes suggested to me: Set up iPhone as new or Restore from backup, I chose the former. Upon completion of all stages of activation, we get a clean, empty iPhone, where not a trace of the previous owner remains. We tried to find anything in the iPhone, but nothing was left, the “Erase content and settings” button deleted everything:
Reset network settings
Resetting network settings is also sometimes used by ordinary users. Helps when iPhone refuses to connect to a configured Wi-Fi hotspot or problems with mobile Internet settings. If iPhone cannot find the network of the mobile operator, for example, when you inserted a SIM card from another service provider, then this reset sometimes helps. In general, if you have any network problems, try this reset. Doesn’t touch information and other settings.
In today’s example, we learned how to make a full reset of the iPhone, and looked at other types of reset. Well, tomorrow I will try to return all my discarded information back to my phone by restoring from a backup.
Difference between “Reset Network Settings”, “Reset All Settings” and “Erase All Content and Settings
The meaning of “Reset Network Settings” is explained above. But what is the relationship between Reset Network Settings, Reset All Settings and Erase All Content? To solve this problem, you can search the following paragraphs and find the correct answer.
Everything you need to know about “Reset network settings
When you find your iPhone network is down, the first thing you need to do is reset your network settings. And make sure you don’t enter wrong passwords.
What happens when you reset network settings on iPhone XS / XR / X / 8/7/6
As the name suggests, “Reset Network Settings”. this is an option that can fix network problems. The moment you reset network settings on iPhone, your iPhone network will revert to factory settings. As you can see, there are 6 reset options on your iPhone and some of them seem to be very similar. So why do people need to reset network settings to fix network errors? And what is the difference between Reset Network Settings and the other options? Just read and learn.
- Everything you need to know about “Reset network settings”
- Difference between “Reset Network Settings”, “Reset All Settings” and “Erase All Content and Settings”
Recommendation: back up iPhone before resetting network settings
Even if resetting iPhone network settings won’t delete iPhone files, it’s important to back up your iOS data in advance as well. You can try Apeaksoft iOS Data Backup & Restore to backup iPhone in one click. over, you can preview and choose which iPhone file to recover without problem.
- One click to backup data from iPhone to Windows PC / Mac
- Preview data after backup or before recovery
- Selectively recover iPhone files to computer
- Supports with iPhone X / 8 Plus / 8/7/7 Plus / 6S / 6S Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5S / 5S / 5 / 4S / 4
Download for WinDownload for Mac
What does network settings reset mean?
Reset network settings. this is a useful way to fix a disconnected network. You don’t need to ask for technical support. Resetting iPhone network settings is very easy and resetting network settings won’t delete anything. Only your previous network settings will be deleted, including Wi-Fi passwords, Wi-Fi network settings, current cellular settings, Bluetooth settings, VPN settings, and more. If you cannot find the reason why iPhone network is not working all of a sudden, you can reset network settings on iPhone or iPad to solve. After that, you need to manually join the network. Also, you can write down some important passwords before resetting network settings.
Troubleshooting: iPhone Network Not Working
IPhone network not working
When you watch YouTube videos or whatever, the network just goes down sometimes. And you cannot restore the Wi-Fi network. Before contacting a repair shop for professional support, you can try to reset iPhone network settings first.
IPhone Cannot Connect to Specific Wi-Fi Network.
If you’re having trouble connecting iPhone to Wi-Fi after iOS 11 update, you can also reset network settings on iPhone to fix it. Also, make sure you entered the correct password.
Show “No Service” on iPhone
When you see “No Service” in the upper right corner of your iPhone, you can turn Airplane Mode on or off first. If your iPhone is still searching for a network for a long time, reset network settings. good solution to fix “No service” problem.
iPhone won’t sync
The moment you connect your iPhone to your computer, a warning is displayed that your iPhone cannot be synced due to a connection error. Well, you can reset your network settings or restart your computer to fix this problem.
Erase all content and settings VS Reset network settings
Think twice before erasing all content and settings on iPhone. This will delete not only your iPhone settings, but all of your iOS data as well. Yes, your iPhone will be blank and nothing will be left. Compares to resetting network settings on iPhone, wipes all content and settings more brutal. If there is not enough space on the iPhone for normal operation, you can decide whether to delete everything on your iPhone or not. Therefore, “Erase all content and settings.” much more serious option than “Reset network settings”.
|Reset network settings||Yes||Not||Not|
|Reset all settings||Yes||Yes||Not|
|Erase all content and settings||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Reset all VS settings Reset network settings
Reset all settings. this is an option that will erase all of your privacy settings, including your iPhone‘s network settings. Your iPhone will revert to factory settings, while your previous installed apps and downloaded files will remain intact. specifically, “Reset Network Settings”. this is a kind of “Reset all settings”. What’s more, both “Reset All Settings” and “Reset Network Settings” will not delete any of your iPhone’s data.