How to view Wi-Fi password in Windows 10
Despite the fact that in comparison with previous versions of the OS, practically nothing has changed in this regard, some users ask how to find out their Wi-Fi password on a Windows 10 computer or laptop, and I will answer this question below. Why might you need it? For example, if you need to connect a new device to the network: it happens that you just cannot remember the password.
This short instruction describes three ways to view the Wi-Fi password from the current network or from any saved wireless network: the first is to SIMply view it in the OS interface, the second. using the command line, and the third. in the web interface of the Wi-Fi router. Also in the article you will find. Where everything described is shown clearly. Optionally, you can view the Wi-Fi password on your Android phone. Additional ways to see the passwords of wireless networks saved on a computer or laptop for all saved networks, and not just for the active one in different versions of Windows, can be found here: How to find your password on Wi-Fi.
- How to view Wi-Fi password in Windows 10 network settings
- How to find out Wi-Fi passwords of saved networks in CMD
- Viewing the password in the router settings
Viewing Your Wi-Fi Password in Wireless Settings
So, the first way, which is likely to be sufficient for most users, is to SIMply view the properties of the Wi-Fi network in Windows 10, where, among other things, you can see the password. First of all, to use this method, the computer must be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi (you cannot see the password for an inactive connection, use the second method for them), the second condition is that you must have administrator rights in Windows 10 (for most users it is so indeed).
- The first step is to right-click on the connection icon in the notification area (bottom right), select “Open network and Internet settings”, and in the window that opens, at the bottom. “Network and Sharing Center”. When the specified window opens, on the left select “Change adapter settings”. Learn more: How to open Network and Sharing Center in Windows 10 (opens in a new tab). You can also press the WinR keys on your keyboard, type ncpa.Cpl and press Enter to open the desired window.
- The second stage is called the right mouse button on your wireless connection, select the “Status” item of the context menu, and in the window that opens with information about the Wi-Fi network, click “Wireless network properties”. Note: instead of the two described actions, you can SIMply call it “Wireless network” in the “Connections” item in the Network Control Center window.
- And the last step to find out your password for Wi-Fi. in the properties of the wireless network, open the “Security” tab and check the item “Show entered characters”.
The described method is very SIMple, but it allows you to see the password only for the wireless network to which you are connected, but not for those to which you have previously connected. However, there is a method for them too.
How to find out Saved Wi-Fi password at command prompt
The option described above allows you to view the Wi-Fi network password only for the currently active connection. However, there is a way to see passwords for all other wireless connections saved in Windows 10 using CMD.
- Run the command term on behalf of the Administrator (how to do it) and enter the commands in order.
- Here, remember the name of the Wi-Fi network for which you need to find out the password.
- If the network name consists of several words, enclose it in quotes.
As a result of executing the command from the 3rd item, information about the selected saved Wi-Fi connection will be displayed, the Wi-Fi password will be shown in the “Key content” item. This method is also demonstrated in the instructions below.
Viewing the password in the router settings
The second way to find out the Wi-Fi password, which you can use not only from a computer or laptop, but also, for example, from a tablet, is to go to the router settings and see it in the security settings of the wireless network. over, if you don’t know the password at all and is NOT saved on any device, you can connect to the router using a wired connection.
The only condition is that you must know the data to enter the web interface of the router settings. The login and password are usually written on stickers on the device itself (although the password usually changes during the initial setup of the router), there are also login addresses there. details about this in the guide How to enter the settings of the router.
After logging in, all you need (and it does NOT depend on the brand and model of the router) is to find the wireless network settings item, and in it. the Wi-Fi security settings. This is where you can see the Password used, and then use it to connect your devices.
How to View Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10 Computer.
And finally. In which you can see the use of the described methods for viewing the saved Wi-Fi network key.
If something does not work out or does not work as I described. ask questions below, I will answer.
How to Find the IP Address of Your Printer Using a Test Sheet
Very often, when printing a test sheet, detailed information about the printer is printed on it as text for the test. And it indicates, including the network address. To test print, follow these steps:
- Press the Win R key combination and in the field that appears, enter the command “control printers”. Press Enter to confirm the operation.
- Find your printer, right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- In the first tab “General”, at the bottom of it, find “Test print” and run it.
- If you have such an item, try running a test document using the print key on the printer body. Usually it just needs to be held for a short period of time.
How to Find the IP Address of a Printer Using Developer Software
Many developers create unique programs that are compatible only with their products. They are designed not only to eliminate various problems, but also to provide the user with comprehensive information about his device. You can download such programs, of course, on the official sites. Almost all office equipment developers (Canon, Epson, Kyocera, Brother and others) have their own software. There are also universal solutions such as: NetViewer, IPScan, LANScope. If you can’t find the official utility, you can use one of them. However, there is no guarantee that they will display correct information, so you should use them only if the other methods did not help you.
How to find the IP address of the printer on the network using the Interactive Menu
Many modern printers are equipped with a small screen, which makes it easier to interact with technology. It is needed Not only for the user to be able to more clearly get information. With it, you can see the specifications of the device, which will contain the current ip-addresses.
To do this, you need to go to the settings. There is no universal name, it all depends on the model. Someone may call this item “Options”, and someone “Settings” and so on. By analogy, you can understand in which section the information we need is located. As a last resort, you can try to access all the menu items one by one, until you find the network address. If English is selected as the interface language, you need to check the sections “Settings”, “Options”.
How to find the IP address of the printer in the properties
If you own an old printer, then you can use the information that the operating system provides in the connected devices. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the key combination Win R and enter the command “control” in the field that appears. You will be taken to the control panel.
- In the upper right corner, change the view type to “Category” (if required). Then select “Devices and Printers” from the “Hardware and Sound” menu.
- Find the printing device you are using and right click on it. In the drop-down menu, select “Properties”.
- At the top of the window, select the “Web Services” tab (usually the third in a row). At the very bottom you will find IP addresses.
How to find the IP address of a printer in Word
You’ve probably noticed that some text editors write information about the device through which printing is performed. Word is installed on the computer, probably for everyone. So the easiest way is to use it.
- Create any document and open it.
- In the upper left corner, click on the “Office” button and select “Print”.
- In the window that opens, look in the port column, in which the network address of the printer will be indicated. Just make sure to select the correct device from the list.
How to view the IP address of the printer using the router settings
If the printer is connected to the computer using Wi-Fi, you can see the addresses in the router settings. To do this, you need to find out the ip-address of the network equipment. Usually it is located on the back of the router and looks like this: 192.168.1.1. After that, open any browser and enter these numbers in the address term. The interface for configuring the router should open. Some manufacturers of network equipment, in addition to a digital address, also have a secondary alphabetic one. For example, at Tenda, this is tendaWi-Fi.com. Secondly manufacturers are also something SIMilar.
In order to enter the settings of the router, you will need to enter the logs and password for the account. Often the login is “admin”, and the password is also indicated on the back of the network device. You will need to find a section with connected devices. Depending on the router model, it may be located in different locations. Usually this category is called “Devices”. In it you will find all the gadgets connected to the router. Usually, next to each is written his ip-address.
How to find out the IP of a printer in the easiest ways
The network address of the printer may change depending on certain circumstances. In this case, you will not be able to print the document. We will tell you how to check if the IP of the office equipment is to blame.
Sometimes errors occur in the operating system, which lead to malfunctions of office equipment. For example, the network address of a printer can be changed without the user’s knowledge. In this case, Windows will try to send the document to print at the old address, but nothing will happen. Then you need to find out the IP address of the printer in order to restore the printing process. There are many ways to do this. Starting from the SIMplest, which even a beginner can handle, and ending with more advanced, which are suitable for advanced users. Whichever category of THESE two you belong, following the instructions below, you will be able to Get the information you are looking for.
How to find the network address of a printer using the command line
- Press the Win R keys at the same time and in the field that appears, enter the command “cmd”, thereby launching the command term.
- In the window that appears, enter netstat.R.
- You will see all devices connected to the computer. Knowing the gateway address or network mask of the printer, you can determine its network address.
How to set the IP address of the printer
After you have learned the ip-addresses, you can change it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Type the network address of the printer into the address period of any browser. The printer home page appears, allowing you to configure the hardware. The interface will be very SIMilar to the router interface.
- Go to the “Network” tab and select the “IPv4” protocol.
- In the field that appears, enter the new ip-addresses.
- Fill in the field with the subnet address with the following numbers: “255.255.255.0”.
- In the gateway address field, enter the network address of the router.
- Confirm the changes and reboot all devices: router, printer and computer.
How to find and reset administrator password in Windows 10?
Some users believe that they have set a password for the Administrator and put protection on Windows 10, they protect personal files from prying eyes. However, forgetting their secret code, they get a lot of problems. Therefore, if you forgot the Administrator password and cannot install an important program, make changes to the system, you should reset it. How to find out the administrator password in Windows 10 and reset it, read this topic.
Earlier we wrote about how to create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, which is necessary to reset the Administrator password. Only after you have a bootable media should you follow these steps:
- Set the priority of booting from a USB drive in the BIOS.
- Having saved the result, we boot from the media. When the installer window appears, you should select “System Restore”.
- In the action selection window, click on the “Diagnostics” item.
- At the next stage, it is worth clicking “Additional parameters”.
- We select the “Command line”, with the help of which the administrator’s password will be reset.
- Now copy the command line file itself. To do this, enter “copy D: \ Windows \ system32 \ cmd.Exe D: \ Windows \ system32 \ sethc.Exe / Y”, where D is the letter of the second local drive, just not the one on which Windows itself is installed
- A message appears that one file was copied. Now we reboot the system.
- A password entry window will appear. Since you DO NOT know him, you should press the Shift key 5-6 times in a row. The console will open. Enter the command to create a second administrator “net user admin2 / add”.
- Now the new account should be made an administrator. We register “net locaLGroup Administrators admin2 / add”.
- We reboot the system. During loading, a window with a choice of accounts will appear. Choosing a second Administrator.
Now, using the new account, you can delete the password of the old Administrator account. To do this, we perform the following actions:
- Right-click on the “Start” icon and select “Control Panel”.
- A window will open. We set the view mode “Small icons”. From the list, select “Administration”.
- Further in the menu on the left, go to the branch “Utilities”, “Local users”, “Users”. We select an account, the password you forgot and click “Set password”. Entering a new code.
- Then we reboot the system. Enter the Administrator account with a password.
This is the way you will NOT be able to see the password. However, it is as secure as possible and does not require installation of additional software to crack passwords, which can cause irreparable harm to the system.
For more information on how to hack the Administrator password in Windows 10, see:
How to reset settings
Resetting the settings is a brute force that should be used when there is no strength or desire to recognize the installed signs. If you can’t find out the data, you can “reset” it. To do this, each router device has a standard reset button to factory settings.
So, the router needs direct physical access. The ports and control buttons are located on the back of the device. We are looking for the “Reset” button. This reset button should be pressed and held for 5-10 seconds. In this case, all settings will be erased to the factory settings.
It is worth considering that if your provider uses special connection settings, then there is a possibility that you will have to set up Internet access again.
How to find out the password from the router
Are you familiar with the moment when you need to connect another device to your home Wi-Fi, and you forgot the password from the router? This makes the task difficult, but does not make it impossible.
How to find out the password of the router? This can be done in the Windows network settings. Of course, in different versions of Windows, the command timeline may differ, but with the logic working, the principle remains clear. After all, if you forgot the password from the Wi-Fi router, what should I do? Let’s figure it out in stages.
How to find out the username and password from the router in the computer settings:
- Provide access to a computer that is connected or previously connected to this router.
- Find your network under “Network and Sharing Center”.
- In the properties, select “Security Key”, which when you press the command “Display input characters” will show the current password.
Have you forgotten your Wi-Fi router password and DO NOT know what to do because you have access to a computer that was previously connected to this router? Look for password directly in the router settings:
- Enter 168.0.1 into the address bar of the browser. Sometimes you need to replace addresses with 192.168.1.1.
- Receive a request to enter security data, usually factory admin / admin.
- Select “Wireless” and go to “Wireless Security”. The required characters will be displayed in the “Password” column.
How to change the protection of the router
The router must be connected to the computer. It is important to understand that depending on the model, manufacturer and firmware, the interface of routers can often differ. But the principle of operation remains the same.
There are two options to change the protection of the router. to set a new administrator password or network key.
Change the administrator password:
- Enter 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1) in the browser address bar.
- Enter the valid data. login and password. This will give access to the System section.
- Select “Maintenance” then “Administration”. If these names are missing, look for SIMilar.
- In “Management” enter the new administrator password and save.
Set a new password for the network key:
- Enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the search term.
- In the open window you will see the settings “Wireless network” (Wireless), go to “Wireless Security”.
- In the “Password” column, enter new security characters and save (“Save” command).
- The router should prompt you to reboot. Reboot and click “Ok” in the pop-up window.
It is important to understand that after that you will have to configure the devices again when connecting to the network.
Where to find factory passwords
Finding out the username and factory password from the router is an easy task.
Lift the unit and carefully examine the labels and special serial stickers on the back. So you get the information you need right away.
If the records are erased, and you do not know how to find out the password from the factory Wi-Fi router, then you should look through the instructions or enter the router model into the search engine. you have to find what you need.
How to find out the password using programs
On Windows, you can customize Spotlight search. This is a program that stores all user passwords. We launch it on the computer, look for the “System” section on the side panel. Select the desired network in the list and click on the “i” button on the panel below. Opposite the command “Show password” put a tick. “Finish”, the signs become visible.
You can find a valid wi-fi password:
- In the computer settings;
- In the settings of the router itself;
- Use Spotlight, which stores all the data.
Or, if you don’t want to search, you can SIMply reset the settings to the factory settings. If you forgot your Wi-Fi password, you can recover it in several ways:
- View Windows operating system settings. If you access the Internet from this device, information about this will be saved in the system.
- Try to find the required code in the router settings.
- The search did not return any result? Reset your router settings and set a new code.
I have extensive experience in setting up and connecting access control systems (ACS) and time attendance systems. And also I am engaged in setting up servers, computers, workplaces. I work as an engineer at Technootkrytie.
How to find your email password
Sometimes the user needs to know his email password. This can be done only if it has been saved in the browser or the auto-complete function is activated. The methods given in the article are universal and suitable for owners of a mailbox in any, even the most unpopular service. Let’s take a closer look at them.
View item code
Typically, if the information is stored in a web browser, when the login form is displayed, the auto-complete function is triggered, where the password is displayed as dots or asterisks. Thanks to some changes in the element code, you can display this term in a text version. You will need to do the following:
- In any convenient browser, go to and sign out of your email account.
Now you will see the account login form. Hold down the left mouse button and highlight the term, then right-click on it and select “View code” or “research element”.
A fragment of the element will be highlighted in blue in the opened console. Its name will be password, and the value will display the text version of the password if the autocomplete function is enabled.
To show the password as characters in the input line, Change the value of type from password to text.
Now you have learned the required data from the email. We repeat that this method is universal for all services and browsers, so the aLGorithm of actions will be almost identical everywhere.
Find out your password from email
In total, there are two methods, thanks to which you can find out your password from an e-mail box. In addition, we will tell you in the third, alternative option, which is suitable if your browser is not configured to save login information.
Viewing saved passwords in a browser
Now most of the popular web browsers offer the user to save their logins and codes so that they do not re-enter them each time they enter. In the settings, absolutely all the information ever specified is available for viewing, including e-mail data. Let’s consider the process of searching for passwords using the example of Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser, click on the icon in the form of three vertical dots in the upper right and go to the “Settings” section.
Scroll down the tabs and expand more options.
In the category “Passwords and Forms” Click on “Password Settings”.
It remains only to click on the eye icon so that the line is displayed as symbols, not dots.
Now you know your code from the required account. You can copy it or remember it for later use. Expanded on how to find Saved Data in other popular browsers, see the articles below.
Unfortunately, not all users have the function of saving passwords and autocomplete configured. In addition, there are situations when you need to find out the login information while working at someone else’s computer. If this happens, you can only hope for your memory, Trying to remember which combination of symbols you used. However, you can just go to recovery and set a new password.
There are several recovery methods for each service, for example, confirmation on the phone, sending a code to a spare box or answering a secret question. Select the Best option and follow the instructions provided. Read more about password recovery in the most popular email services in our other material at the link below.
Above, we examined two main methods of how you can find out your password from an e-mail box, and also talked about an alternative option that will be useful in certain cases. We hope that our article helped you sort out the auto goods issue and now you know your own login details.
Where can you manage passwords?
For example, you need to set up a printer to be shared on a network and the operating system asks for a passcode. How to find out the network password of your computer, where can you find it at all?
To get access to all passwords on PCs under Windows 7 and 10 you need:
- Calling the “Run” application with the Win R button combination;
- We register the netplwiz command;
- The “User accounts” window will open;
- Go to the “Advanced” tab;
- Click on “Manage passwords” to Access all passwords stored on this computer.
Here you can delete or change data, add an account.
How to remove a prompt to enter a code?
-See instructions on the topic here:
If your homegroup has only a few devices and you are sure of its safety, you can remove the code entry. How to disable the network password request on Windows 7/10, I’ll tell you now:
- We go to the “Control Panel”;
- Set the view mode to “Large icons”;
- Go to the “Network Control Center.” section;
- In additional parameters (section on the left), look for “General (current profile)”;
- We are looking for “Shared access to public folders” and put a checkmark in front of “Enable sharing.”;
- Choose the term “Shared access with password protection”;
- Mark the item “Disable password-protected sharing”;
- Save changes with the appropriate button.
It happens that the code is not installed, but the system still requires it. Or a message pops up that the network password is incorrect, although it is definitely correct. What to do in this case (for example, “seven”):
- To start the local group policy editor, open Run and type gpedit.Msc;
- Now, one by one, go to the sections from the following list: “Computer Configuration”. “Windows Configuration”. “Security Settings”. “Local Policies”. “Security Settings”. “Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level”;
- We mark the item “Send LM and NTML.”.
How to view?
How to find out the network password from the homegroup (the code itself), I’ll tell you using the example of Windows 10:
- In the “Control Panel” we set the view mode by category;
- Go to the “Network and Internet” section;
- We go to the “Home group”;
- In its settings, we are looking for the item “Show or print the password of the home group”;
- We rewrite the necessary data on a piece of paper or remember.
How to find the network password of your computer and where to disable it?
Hello dear friends! Today’s topic will be for those who use computer local area networks. When trying to connect to any PC from the group, you must constantly register a special code. the network password. There are situations when this data is forgotten. For such a case, I’m here. our article will tell you how to find out the network password on the most popular operating systems today. Windows 7 and 10.
- Where can you manage passwords?
- How to view?
- Possible problem
- How to remove a prompt to enter a code?
- No matter how to save?
No matter how to save?
You can make the operating system not save codes. In what situation this may be useful, I do not know, but there is such an instruction (for example, Windows 7):
- In the “Control Panel” go to the “Administration” section;
- Open “Local Security Policy”;
- Click on “Security Options”, go to the “Local Policies” tab, and then on “Security Options”;
- In the list on the right, find the term “Network access: do not allow storing passwords.”, right-click and go to “Properties”;
- On the “Local Security Settings” tab, check the “Disabled” box;
- After the performed operations save the changes with the OK button.
This is such a difficult topic. It is much easier to find out the network password on the “top ten” than on the “seven”. There are many versions in Windows 7, and what works on one is not suitable for the other. But you always have a Wi-FiGid team to try to resolve any issue. thank you for your trust!
Password prompted when connecting a network printer
The printer is designed to print the required documents. In general, during its operation, users do not encounter problems, the operation process is described in detail in the instructions. However, to expand the capabilities of the equipment, it must be connected to the network. In order to make a network printer, you need to log in correctly. All the necessary information can be read in the technical manual. If a password is required during the connection process, many users wonder where to find it.
How to find out the password if the printer asks for it when connecting
Until a password is entered, all connected devices will be suspended.
There are several solutions to the problem. First, try to find the requested password and enter it. Follow these steps:
- Inspect the body of the equipment, manufacturers supply the device with special stickers or seals indicating the access code or key.
- Read the instruction manual for this equipment. The connection method and the requested data should be described there.
- If the documents were lost, and the sticker has been erased from the case, you can use the system settings to search for passwords.
- In the search bar of the main menu, enter the phrase “View network connections.” After that, select the item you need from the proposed list of networks and go to the “Status” item.
- In the dialog box that opens, find the term “Security” and make the password visible to the user by clicking on the button to display hidden symbols.
If all the necessary data is found, enter them in the line of the connected printer, after which access to the system should be restored. If this does not happen, contact the service center or call the wizard to install.
How to create a user when the printer is connected to the network
After successfully completing the instructions and gaining access to the network connection, you can use the user creation function to register and quickly access the program’s features. Also, creating a new user can solve the problem with access if entering the password did not help. This can be done as follows:
- Go to printer settings and network connection. In the custom window, delete the old data, We will register a new user with the introduction of the changed parameters.
- Save all your changes, then restart your computer. After a while, we activate the devices and reconnect using the data of the new user.
In addition, it is recommended to edit the input settings from other paired devices through a special program for the local group. Prevent login from previous version of account.
How to find out the password for your Wi-Fi on the router
If you see the password from your Wi-Fi on the computer, it is NOT possible, for example, if the data in the saved computer networks have been deleted, you can see and, if desired, change the password on the router.
If the computer is NOT connected to a Wi-Fi network, then you need to connect the computer to the router using twisted pair patchcords.
After that, type 192.168.1.1 in the browser line and click OK. This is one of the most popular IP addresses for logging into the router. If the addresses are really like that, then you will be asked to log in, indicated your username and password. Very often, the default password for the router is admin / admin.
If the address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 did NOT fit, then you need to find the correct address.
You can see the IP addresses of the router in the properties of the network connection. To do this, open the “Network and Sharing Center” and click on the current connection.
In the window that opens, click “Details”.
We are interested in the “default gateway” string. It is this value that is the address of the router.
Now that we have safely learned the address of the router and entered it, it remains only to look at the Set password from the Wi-Fi network.
We look at the password through the properties of the access point
Go to settings and Connect to the Wi-Fi network from which you want to find out the password.
Next, in the settings go to the menu “Wi-Fi hotspot”. “Configure Wi-Fi point”.
In the opened access point settings menu, you can click on the “display symbols” icon next to the password field. Thus, you will see the password saved in the phone.
Unfortunately, if after the “password” is empty, then you have never used the phone at home as an access point, which means that the password from the Wi-Fi network was not automatically registered as a password from the access point in this field.
We find out the password from our wi-fi through the command term
In order to find out the password for your Wi-Fi network using the command line, click the “Start” menu. “System Tools”. “Command Prompt” or press the WinR key combination, write the command cmd and click OK.
In the command line that opens, enter the following command:
The program will display on the screen a list of all Wi-Fi networks that are saved on this computer and, accordingly, from which we can see the Saved password.
Screen of the result of the netsh wlan show profiles command
In order to find out the password for the Wi-Fi network you are interested in, you need to join the team
Enter its name. For example, for my home network ALESKA, the command looks like this:
As a result of executing this command in the command line, we get all the necessary information, including the password for the specified Wi-Fi network.
The screenshot above shows that the password from the ALESKA Wi-Fi network corresponds to the value 180 700.
How to find out the password of your Wi-Fi network through the command line:
We look at the Wi-Fi password on the TP-Link router
The instruction is written on the example of the TP-LINK TL-WR841N router, but it is suitable for any TP-Link routers.
To view the password from the Wi-Fi network, go to the left menu, the tab “Wireless”. “Wireless Security”.
The Wi-Fi password is indicated in the line “PSK Password:”.
See the Wi-Fi password on the ZyXEL router
To view the password on ZyXEL routers, go to the bottom horizontal menu, the “Wi-Fi Network” tab.
On the “Access Point” tab in the “Network Key” field, you can view and, if desired, change the password of the Wi-Fi network.
Find out the Wi-Fi password on the D-Link router
D-Link routers are traditionally loved in our country. Consider an example based on the popular D-Link DIR-300 router.
In order to view or change the Wi-Fi password on the D-Link router, go to the “Wi-Fi”. “Security settings” tab in the vertical menu, as shown in the screenshot below.
In the “PSK encryption key” field, you can see the password for the current Wi-Fi network and, if desired, change it to another.
Find out the password for your Wi-Fi network on your Android mobile phone
There are two ways to view the password for a saved Wi-Fi network on an Android phone.
Find out the password for your Wi-Fi network in Windows XP
On the Windows XP operating system, it is somewhat more difficult to view the password of the saved Wi-Fi network than on more modern operating systems, but nevertheless it is possible.
Open the “Start” menu in the lower left corner of your computer and go to “Control Panel”.
Go to the “Wireless Wizard” menu in the control panel.
In the opened window of the Wireless Network Wizard, click “Next”.
In the next window, select “Add new computers or network devices” and click “Next”.
Select a method for setting up your network. To do this, click “Set network manually” and click “Next”.
In the summary of the Windows XP Wireless Setup Wizard, click “Print Network Settings”.
This will open a text document with various Wi-Fi connection settings, including the password. The string with the password will be called “Network Key (WEP / WPA Key)”.
How to find out the password for your Wi-Fi on the computer
To view the password from your connected Wi-Fi, the condition must be met that the password has been saved on the computer at least once. If not, then the Wi-Fi password should be viewed on the router.
How to change the password of a Wi-Fi router?
For this procedure, you need to connect the router to the computer using the cable that comes with it.
- Launch your favorite browser and type 192.168.1.1 in its address bar;
- Type your username and password in the appropriate columns to start configuring the router in the appropriate section;
- Go to the Wireless section and then. Wireless Security;
- Check WPA / WPA2;
- Set the following settings: Version should be WPA2-PSK, and Encryption should be Automatic;
- In the column called PSK Password, enter your new (changed) Wi-Fi password and click Save;
- After the router asks to Reboot, click OK;
- In the red inscription that appears, click on the blue phrase “click here”, and the process of changing the password will be completed.
What to do if you forgot the password from the wi-fi router
How to find out the password from the router or what to do if it is hopelessly forgotten? It’s that SIMple! Wi-fi has long and firmly become a part of the lives of many city dwellers. A lot of people can no longer imagine visiting a public place, for example, a cafe, without the ability to connect to the Internet. Naturally, there is a desire to have wireless access to the network at home. This is very convenient, but there is a possibility of encountering a typical situation, which, one way or another, probably everyone faces. you need to connect a new device to the Internet, and the password from the router is forgotten. Fortunately, this problem can be solved.
How to find out the password from your Wi-Fi router if you forgot it?
To go through the Wi-fi password recovery procedure, you will need one computer that was previously connected to it.
- Right-click on the icon with the connected Wi-Fi in the right, next to the clock, in the lower corner of the monitor and among the items that appear, select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- In the window that appears, select “Wireless Network Management”.
- When you see another window that appears, on the required connection you need to right-click again and select “Properties” there.
- Inside the Security tab, in the column titled Network Security Key, you will find a hidden password. To see it, you need to put a tick in the “Display entered characters” column, and it will immediately become visible to you.
If there is no computer already connected to the network, then you need to find out the password using the router itself.
- Connect the router to your computer using the supplied power cord.
- In the address bar of any browser, you must type the following address. 192.168.1.1. Next, you will need to fill in the fields with the login and password, which will allow you to get access to the settings. Most likely, this is admin / admin.
- Next, you need to go to the next tabs. Wireless and Wireless Security. In the column titled PSK Password: You will see your password. Perhaps it will be listed in some other column in the same section. If you have a router from Asus, then you will see the password immediately on the first page.
Standard passwords for routers and routers
By default, in most cases, your router will have a login “admin” and a SIMilar password “admin”. But in some models the situation is different. For example, in the D-Link DI-804 model, the password field will need to be left blank with the same login, and in the Zyxel Prestige 650 model, the login and password will be a set of numbers “1234”.
By the way, if the above passwords do not fit, then it has already been changed for you, here is a list of the most popular passwords, try them.
3 more useful articles:
Wi-Fi Key Recovery is a reliable program that allows you to remember the password for any Wi-Fi network to which.
Wi-Fiphisher is a phishing program. It is easy with her to get a password from strangers on the network without hacking.
The Sidejacking utility translates from English as “Left Connection” and uses the classic version of the attack referred to as.
- Wi-Fi routers: radius and range, how to enhance?
- How to get ROOT rights to Android in 3 minutes
How to reset the password from a router to standard / factory?
If you do not remember the login and password from the router, try entering the factory ones. If they DO NOT fit, you will have to reset. This is very easy to do. On each router you will find a small button, usually next to the power button, which you need to press with something sharp (since it is very small) and hold for about 10 seconds. After that, all logins / passwords / settings will be reset to factory defaults and you can use your router. But please note that you will have to re-enter all the settings that were made earlier.
You are completely crazy, I have a problem, such a dad changed the flogging from the router and not from the wai fay and turned off YouTube for me why they write the same thing on the Internet why it is impossible to find out the flogging from the settings of the router YouTube does NOT work for me and I can not go into the settings to change everything help pliz!
So Reset the password on the router, go to its settings and change the password to wi-fi.
In my router, the password did not match at the first water, as soon as I bought it on my computer, I went to Wi-Fi Doesn’t fit.
So change your password to Wi-Fi, it’s easy.
The SIMplest thing is to start connecting to Wi-Fi. it asks for a password, approach the router, press the button. send the password (most hardware has it, just do not confuse it with reset) and voila. the router itself gives you access. Next, we look at the flogged according to the instructions already on the computer (if there is of course a desire)
So Reset the password on the router, go to its settings and change the password to wi-fi.
I forgot the password from the router, the reset button does not help, I am suffering all day, what to do in this case?
The reset button may NOT work due to poor contact (weak pressing), try pressing harder or disassemble the router and close the contact yourself.
Hello, we go by the IP address on the computer and on the mobile phone of the event wilface on the roll and change the password
Good evening And you can change the password from Wi-Fi using your smartphone, thanks in advance