How to view Wi-Fi password in Windows 10
Despite the fact that, compared to previous versions of the OS, practically nothing has changed in this regard, some users ask how to find out their Wi-Fi password on a Windows 10 computer or laptop, and I will answer this question below. Why might you need it? For example, if you need to connect a new device to the network: it happens that you just can’t remember the password.
This short instruction describes three ways to view the Wi-Fi password from the current network or from any saved wireless network: the first is to simply view it in the OS interface, the second. using the command line, and the third. in the web interface of the Wi-Fi router. Also in the article you will find a video where everything described is shown clearly. Optionally, you can view the Wi-Fi password on your Android phone. Additional ways to see the passwords of wireless networks stored on a computer or laptop for all saved networks, and not just for the active one in different versions of Windows, can be found here: How to find out your password on Wi-Fi.
Viewing Your Wi-Fi Password in Wireless Settings
So, the first way, which is likely to be enough for most users, is to simply view the properties of the Wi-Fi network in Windows 10, where, among other things, you can see the password. First of all, to use this method, the computer must be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi (you cannot see the password for an inactive connection, use the second method for them), the second condition is that you must have administrator rights in Windows 10 (for most users it is so indeed).
- The first step is to right-click on the connection icon in the notification area (bottom right), select “Open network and Internet settings”, and in the window that opens, at the bottom. “Network and Sharing Center”. When the specified window opens, on the left, select “Change adapter settings”. Learn more: How to open Network and Sharing Center in Windows 10 (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can press the WinR keys on your keyboard, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open the desired window.
- The second stage is to right-click on your wireless connection, select the “Status” context menu item, and in the opened window with information about the Wi-Fi network, click “Wireless network properties”. Note: instead of the two described actions, you can simply click on “Wireless network” in the “Connections” item in the network control center window.
- And the last step to find out your password for Wi-Fi. in the properties of the wireless network, open the “Security” tab and check the item “Show entered characters”.
The described method is very simple, but it allows you to see the password only for the wireless network to which you are connected, but not for those to which you have connected before. However, there is a method for them too.
How to find out the saved Wi-Fi password in the command line
The above option allows you to view the Wi-Fi network password only for the currently active connection. However, there is a way to see passwords for all other wireless connections saved in Windows 10 using CMD.
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator (how to do it) and enter the commands in order.
- here remember the name of the Wi-Fi network for which you need to find out the password.
- if the network name consists of several words, enclose it in quotes.
As a result of executing the command from the 3rd item, information about the selected saved Wi-Fi connection will be displayed, the Wi-Fi password will be shown in the “Key content” item. This method is also demonstrated in the instruction video below.
Viewing the password in the router settings
The second way to find out the Wi-Fi password, which you can use not only from a computer or laptop, but also, for example, from a tablet, is to go into the settings of the router and see it in the security settings of the wireless network. over, if you do not know the password at all and is not saved on any device, you can connect to the router using a wired connection.
The only condition is that you must know the data to enter the web interface of the router settings. The login and password are usually written on a sticker on the device itself (although the password usually changes during the initial setup of the router), there is also an address for entering. details about this in the guide How to enter the settings of the router.
After logging in, all you need (and it does not depend on the brand and model of the router) is to find the wireless network settings item, and in it. the Wi-Fi security settings. It is there that you can see the password used, and then use it to connect your devices.
How to View Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10 Computer. video
And finally. a video in which you can see the use of the described methods of viewing the saved Wi-Fi network key.
If something does not work out or does not work as I described. ask questions below, I will answer.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello. What if I have not wireless, but Internet?
I have nothing to check this now. But you can try the same way
I have a laptop connected via a cable from a router, no stickers. the standard password does not match (at the address 192.168.1.1), the password was lost. how to recognize him ?
If you are talking about the router admin password, then here you can reset the router to factory settings and then use the standard password.
and I also can’t turn on WI-FI on the laptop (the keyboard is not working properly, namely, the keyboard shortcut on it turns on WI-FI) is it possible to do this in the command line, the adapter itself on the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter laptop, I’m already suffering the whole month. where the wireless network just stands a cross WI-FI itself does not turn on what to do I don’t know
Are you sure you are faulty? It’s just that more often this is the reason for the lack of drivers for the function keys of the laptop, I wrote about this in detail here: https://remontka.pro/no-wi-fi-limited-Windows-10/
great and how to change the network vi fi my sister asks a?
Option number 4. We look at the Wi-Fi password using the WirelessKeyView utility
In general, you can find out your Wi-Fi code thanks to many programs. We took WirelessKeyView as an example, because this utility is quite popular and free, which is important. The principle of operation is as follows:
- Download and install on your computer.
- Launch, all Wi-Fi networks ever saved on your Windows 10 will appear, as well as their keys.
If you want to copy the key from any network, then you will need to click on the network you need and select “Copy Key” with the right mouse button.
Option number 2. We look at the WI-FI password thanks to the command line
The principle of viewing passwords, which we described above in the article, is suitable only for connections that are directly connected to the PC (active). But there is also an option to see all the keys from all Wi-Fi networks (passive) ever connected to your laptop. This is where the command line comes in. We will tell you in detail how to use it now.
- We run the command line, this must be done on behalf of the Administrator. It is located in the “Start”. We open the tab “Service Windows”, we find the command line. Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Advanced”. We select “Run as Administrator”. Or, more simply, enter “cmd” in the search bar. A black rectangle will appear at the top with the name Command Line. Click on her.
- We type the command “netsh wlan show profiles”. A list of Wi-Fi networks will appear, your task is to remember or write down the names of the network you are interested in.
- Next, we drive in the command “netsh wlan show profile name = name of the required network key = clear”. Suddenly the name of the network will consist of several words, then you will need to put it in quotation marks. As a result, you will have data about the network. The “Security Settings” section will contain the key you need.
Fast, easy, reliable, we showed you how you can find a password thanks to the command line.
Option number 3. We look at the key in the router menu
This method is easy to perform from any device that is connected to a Wi-Fi router. Whether it’s a tablet, laptop or smartphone. The principle of the procedure is simple: we enter the router menu, find the section on the security of the wireless network, and the password for the Wi-Fi network will be written there. Let’s take a closer look:
- We connect the computer to a Wi-Fi router. You can use a patch cord, if you don’t have one, crimp the network cable yourself on both sides and get a patch cord. Or connect via WI-FI.
- Open any browser. Write down the IP address of the router in the address bar. You will find it on a sticker glued to the bottom, there will also be written a login, a password for entering).
- After you enter the router settings menu (the menu on all models is different, but the principle is the same), open the “Wi-Fi” item. Sections will appear, select “Security Settings”. The key will be written opposite the line “PSK encryption key”.
Done, how to find out the password from WI-FI on the router, you now know. But how to update the password for the WI-FI on the router, if you don’t know, be sure to read it by clicking on the link to this article.
How to find out the password for Wi-Fi on PC Windows 10
Good afternoon! Surely the majority of Internet users who use wireless Internet have faced a situation where they could not remember the key to their Wi-Fi. At this moment, many remember the moment of setting up the router. When they hammered in the password, and they regret that they did not write it down anywhere. Therefore, we decided, for such users to show all the available options, how you can view the password from the Wi-Fi on a computer, on Windows 10.
All options on Windows 10 to view the Wi-Fi dongle
We will now give an overview of four methods thanks to which you can easily see the forgotten key.
Option number 1. We look at the code from Wi-Fi on Windows 10, in the wireless network settings
The first method is simple, it can be performed by any user who does not have deep knowledge of the PC. Keep in mind that the option is designed to view the password of an active connection. With an inactive connection, this method is not suitable. Therefore, be sure to connect your laptop to a Wi-Fi network. Another of the conditions, you will need administrator rights. We think you will have no difficulties with this. Well, now let’s go directly to the consideration:
- On the monitor, at the bottom of the right corner, we find an icon showing wireless Internet connections. It is located near the clock. Hover over it and click with the right mouse button. A menu will pop up, in it you need to select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Then in the new window that appears, click on the wireless network to which you are directly connected. In our case, this is “Wireless Network (Ku-Ku)”. Of course, your network will be called differently.
- A small window will appear. Here we select the “Property of the wireless network”. Another window will pop up, in which we select “Security”.
- And the last thing to do is to put a full stop in the line “Display input characters”. That’s all, in the “Network Security Key” section you will see your code.
In the article, we showed four options for how to view the WI-FI password on a PC, router and using a third-party program. Choose one of the options and find out your password for the Wi-Fi network. And better, advice to you, after you drive in the key, write it on a small piece of paper and stick it to the router with tape. If you have problems using one of the methods, write in the comments, we will figure it out together.
How to find your HP printer PIN?
- turn the device towards you on the side with which the power on and off button is located, as well as the inputs and outputs;
- find a small hole on the panel, which is a button designed to receive a code;
How to print from phone to HP printer via USB?
Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end of the USB cable to the USB port of the OTG cable. Connect the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable to the Micro-USB port on your Android device. The HP Printer Service Plugin window opens on an Android device.
How to enable Wi-Fi Direct on an HP printer?
On the printer control panel, press the HP Wireless Direct icon. or go to Network Setup or Wireless Settings, press Wireless Direct, and then turn on the connection. To ask for a password when connecting to the printer (recommended), select On. or On.
How to reset the printer to factory settings HP?
Open the Setup menu. Use the left and right Arrow buttons to navigate to the Printer Maintenance menu item. Go to the Restore menu and press the OK button. Scroll to Restore Factory Defaults, then press the OK button.
How to zero the chip on an HP Laserjet cartridge?
Using your thumb and forefinger, simultaneously press the indexing button on the printer panel and on the cartridge locator for 10 seconds. After that, the chip should be zeroed. Press the drop button again and your printer will start pumping ink.
How to find your HP WI-FI password?
Printers with a control panel display: Open the Wi-Fi Direct menu or print a Network Configuration Report to obtain the printer name and password. Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon or open the Wi-Fi Direct settings menu to get the name and password.
How to find out the password for your Wi-Fi network?
Forgot your password for your own Wi-Fi? To find out the forgotten password from your own Wi-Fi network, this instruction will help. During the configuration of the router (by the way, I already wrote how to configure the TP-Link TL-WR841N). did not write down the password, or tried to remember but forgot? In fact, this is a small problem, and it can be fixed even without special, difficult dances with a tambourine.
It’s good if all the devices are already connected, and it seems that the password is no longer needed, but anyway, there will come a time when you need to connect another computer, tablet, or phone and then you will need the password from our wireless network, which we forgot or lost.
To recover a forgotten Wi-Fi password, we need only one connected computer to our network. Well, at least one computer, I hope you managed to connect it. Something I am writing a lot of unnecessary text, let’s get down to business!
Take a computer that is successfully connected to our wireless network and right-click on the connection icon (in the lower right corner). Choose “Network and Sharing Center”.
A window will open in which on the right we select “Manage wireless networks”.
Another window will appear, in which we right-click on our connection and select “Properties”.
Now go to the “Security” tab and opposite “Network Security Key”. we see hidden symbols. This is our password, in order to find it out, just put a check mark next to “Display entered characters” and you will see the password for your Wi-Fi network.
And what to do if there is no “Wireless Networks Management” item?
If you do not have a Control Panel for Wireless Networks in your control panel, then we do this:
On the notification panel, click on the connection icon, a list of networks will open. Right-click on the network to which you are connected and from which you need to find out the password, and select Properties.
Then just put a tick next to Display entered characters and look at the password.
If in this way nothing works either, for example, the hidden password is not displayed, or the checkbox cannot be set, then look in the router settings. How to do this is written below.
How To Find Password Of HP Deskjet 2700 All-In-One Printer, review ?
Due to the fact that many have problems when viewing a forgotten password on a computer, or there is simply no computer connected to Wi-Fi, from which you forgot the password, I decided to update the article. I will add information with which you can see the forgotten password in the Wi-Fi router settings. Sometimes it’s even easier than watching on a computer.
We look at the forgotten Wi-Fi password in the router settings
You ask: “How can I enter the settings of the router if I do not remember the password and cannot connect to Wi-Fi?” But it’s not a problem. You just need to connect the router to the computer via a network cable (it should be included with the router).
We connect the router and type the address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser. Enter your username and password to access the settings. If you have not changed them, then these are admin and admin. Or see a more similar instruction on how to enter the router settings.
In the settings, go to the Wireless tab. Wireless Security. Opposite PSK Password: (PSK Password 🙂 a password will be written to access your Wi-Fi network (your password can be specified in another line on this page).
On Asus routers, the password is displayed directly on the main page.
If none of the methods helped, then you can do a full reset on the router and configure it again. Well, already in the process, enter a new password, which be sure to write down.
Just look so that you can re-configure everything. The router after resetting the settings will be like new, you will need to specify the parameters for connecting to the Internet, the name of the network, the password.
If you still have a smartphone or tablet connected to the network, then you can also try to remember the password with their help. Just go to the router settings from your mobile device and see the key to the network. How to enter the control panel from a tablet or smartphone, you can see in this article.
Find out the Wi-Fi password on the D-Link router
In our country, D-Link routers are traditionally loved. Consider an example based on the popular D-Link DIR-300 router.
In order to view or change the Wi-Fi password on the D-Link router, go to the “Wi-Fi”. “Security settings” tab in the vertical menu, as shown in the screenshot below.
In the “PSK encryption key” field, you can see the password for the current Wi-Fi network and, if desired, change it to another.
We look at the Wi-Fi password on the TP-Link router
The instruction is written on the example of the TP-LINK TL-WR841N router, but it is suitable for any TP-Link routers.
To view the password from the Wi-Fi network, go to the left menu on the tab “Wireless”. “Wireless Security”.
The Wi-Fi password is indicated in the line “PSK Password:”.
Find out the password for your Wi-Fi network in Windows XP
On the Windows XP operating system, it is somewhat more difficult to see the password of the saved Wi-Fi network than on more modern operating systems, but nevertheless it is possible.
Open the “Start” menu in the lower left corner of your computer and go to “Control Panel”.
Go to the “Wireless Wizard” menu in the control panel.
In the opened window of the Wireless Network Wizard, click “Next”.
In the next window, select “Add new computers or network devices” and click “Next”.
Select a method for setting up your network. To do this, click “Install network manually” and click “Next”.
In the final window of the Windows XP Wireless Setup Wizard, click “Print Network Settings”.
This will open a text document with various Wi-Fi connection settings, including a password. The line with the password will be called “Network Key (WEP / WPA Key)”.
Find out the password for your Wi-Fi network on your Android mobile phone
There are two ways to view the password for a saved Wi-Fi network on an Android phone.
Programs for viewing saved Wi-Fi passwords
Consider two programs for viewing passwords of saved Wi-Fi networks on a computer.
WI-FI Password Decryptor is a free program for recovering passwords of saved Wi-Fi networks. The program decrypts all types of passwords for Wi-Fi networks WEP, WPA, WPA2, and also generates all information in a convenient report in HTML / XML / TEXT / CSV format.
After downloading the.zip archive, unpack the contents and run the setup file Setup_Wi-FiPasswordDecryptor.exe. After that, just run the program and click on the name of the Wi-Fi network you are interested in to view the password.
The video of the WI-FI Password Decryptor program is shown below:
WirelessKeyView is a small free utility that lists all Wi-Fi networks ever saved on your computer. The program has an English-language interface, but, if necessary, the.ini file of the localizer is published on the developer’s website.
On the screenshot you can see the program running. The Network column displays the Wi-Fi networks stored on the computer, and the password can be seen in the Key (Ascii) column.
Video of the WI-FI Password Decryptor program:
Find out the password from your Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi): instructions
A typical situation: a user connected one device to the Wi-Fi network, for example, a laptop, and after a while tries to connect another one, for example, a mobile phone. In this case, the password was safely forgotten and not written down. How to be?
In today’s article, we will tell you in detail how to find out the password for your Wi-FI (Wi-Fi) on a computer with different versions of Windows. We will also talk about special programs for viewing saved Wi-Fi passwords, we will tell you how to view the password on a router and Android mobile phones and tablets.
Find out the password for your Wi-Fi network in Windows 7, 8, 10
In order to find out the password for your Wi-Fi network on a computer or laptop running Windows 7, 8, 10, do the following:
- Open the “Network and Sharing Center”. The easiest way to do this is by clicking the “Start” menu and typing the name of the menu in the search box. Also, you can right-click on the network connection icon in the lower right corner or find this menu in the Control Panel.
- The window that opens shows basic data about the active Wi-Fi network. Click on the active wireless connection as in the screenshot below.
- In the window that opens, open the “Wireless Network Properties”.
- Go to the “Security” tab and check the “Show entered characters” checkbox. In the field next to you you will see the password from your Wi-Fi.
If for some reason the password is not displayed when you select the “display entered characters” checkbox, then try looking at the Wi-Fi password on the router. This is written in this article just below.
How to find out the password for your Wi-Fi on the computer
To view the password from your connected Wi-Fi, the condition must be met that the password has been saved on the computer at least once. If not, then the Wi-Fi password should be viewed on the router.
Replacing the Wireless Router
All wireless devices must have a network name (SSID) and password to access the wireless network you are using. For more information, see Wireless Basics.
If for some reason you change the wireless settings, for example, when replacing a wireless router or shipment of a new router from your ISP. the parameters of all wireless devices that you intend to use in this network must comply with the new parameters.
When you install a new wireless router on your home network and configure it with the same wireless settings as the previous router, all wireless network devices, including the wireless printer, should automatically connect to the new network router.
Note. When setting a static IP address on a wireless printer (or any other network device, including a computer), you must change the static IP address to match the IP address. compatible with the new router. Review your router’s documentation and find its default IP address (also known as “gateway address”). If a static IP address is not set, the router will automatically assign a new IP address to the printer (and any other network device). Learn more about setting up a static IP address “
Change wireless settings
When changing wireless home network settings, you must configure the wireless printer to match the new network settings.
To configure new wireless settings on the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard, follow these steps:
- From the printer control panel, open the wireless settings menu. On many devices, wireless settings are accessed by pressing the wireless button or similar icon on the printer control panel. For information on how to open the wireless settings menu, see the printer’s help documentation.
- From the wireless settings menu, open the Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard guides you through configuring the printer with the new wireless settings. When a list of wireless networks detected in your area appears on the screen, select your network name and enter the network access password (WEP / WPA / WPA2) when prompted.
- To confirm that the printer has successfully connected to your network, you can print a Wireless Test Report from the Wireless Settings menu.
To configure the wireless settings on the printer without using the Wireless Setup Wizard, follow these steps:
- First, check that your computer is connected to the network. You will also need a USB cable, which is temporarily used during configuration. Do not connect the USB cable between the computer and the printer until a message appears. If the HP printer software is already installed on your computer.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Select Start. Programs. HP Printer Model. Printer Software and Setup.
- Launch the printer software from the home screen (the icon with the printer model name) or from the tile with the printer name.
- Select (by clicking or tapping) “Utilities” at the top of the printer software screen.
- Select “Software and Printer Setup”
- Open Finder and go to: Applications. HP Printer Model. Printer Software and Setup.
Note. If you replaced your original router with a new one and connected your DSL or cable modem to your wireless router. but you cannot access the internet, then unplug the power cord from the modem, wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back in. If that doesn’t work, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).