The tool, available for free download on Google Play, allows you to recover both deleted video and lost photo. The smartphone application requires ROOT rights, while the computer version is available for use without them. Algorithm of work in the mobile application:
- Download and install the app.
- Start scanning the device via “Start new scan”.
- After the end of the scanning process, go to the gallery of found images. Indicate the ones you want to return to your smartphone and click on “Recover”.
- Select the save path and tap “OK”.
Recovery via third-party applications
Let’s look at ways to recover photos on Samsung phone if the photos were not synced to the cloud or the storage is full of free space. To quickly return the missing pictures, you will need to download a special utility to the gadget. The programs received the highest user ratings:
- DiskDigger Photo Recovery,
- Photo Recovery,
- GT Recovery,
Samsung Cloud is a proprietary service pre-installed on any Samsung device. To store personal data, 15 GB are available to the user. If you delete a photo on your tablet or phone, its backup remains in the cloud.
- Check your internet connection.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Cloud” line, in the pop-up window, click on Samsung Cloud.
- In the tab that opens, you will see basic information about the storage. Find the line “Gallery”. there should be a check mark next to it.
- Pay attention to the date of the last synchronization: if the photo was taken earlier, then it was copied to the Vault.
- Go back one step and select the “Restore” function. Select the desired folder and confirm the operation.
- Images will automatically return to the Gallery.
With the free utility T2J Photo Recovery, you can both recover photos on your phone and a picture from a memory card. The application takes up little space and is highly efficient.
- Download the app from Google Play.
- Activate the search function (Select).
- The program will show all images deleted from the smartphone.
- Check the pictures you would like to return to Samsung and confirm the operation.
Failure of the SD card
Not only content stored in the internal memory can be lost, but also content stored on the memory card. The reasons are:
- violation of the integrity of the media file system;
- partial or complete damage to the flash card itself.
FoneLab Samsung Data Recovery
The program is designed for Android OS and Samsung mobile technology in particular. With its help, all data stored on the device (photos, music, videos, applications, contacts, etc.) can be restored.
Important: for FoneLab to function, the PC must have a Windows system (7, 8, 10, Vista, etc.)
- Run the utility and specify the type of files you want to find.
- Allow FoneLab to scan your gadget.
- When scanning is complete, the left pane will display a list of files that have been extracted from the device. Specify the desired photo.
- The recovered snapshot will be saved to the PC.
Tenorshare Android Data Recovery
With the help of Tenorshare Android Data Recovery and ROOT rights, all missing files can be recovered on a smartphone: photos, videos, documents, archives, call history, calendar, notes, etc. The search is carried out both in the internal memory and on the memory card. During recovery, you can make a full backup of all device data. TenorshareDataRecovery is one of the few programs with a user-friendly and user-friendly interface.
- We connect the smartphone and wait for “recognition”.
- Open the main page, find the desired file type (photos, videos and others) and click “Scan”.
- After the scan is finished, mark the files and end the process by clicking on Recover.
In order to avoid accidentally deleting the necessary files, download a special trash application to your device. Dumpster allows you to quickly recover all accidentally deleted photos and system data of the gadget: files are automatically saved at the time of deletion in the Dumpster storage. There is no loss of image quality during recovery.
The app is free, no ads, no internet access required.
How to Find Trash on Android Samsung, Huawei, Honor and Other Smartphones
For your information! This option is present in smartphones Samsung, Huawei, Honor, LG, some Xiaomi and other models, but not everything that is deleted is included in it. Exceptions are games and files with a large volume. You can find the basket and the data contained in it in the “Gallery” section.
Yandex Disk is another popular cloud storage. On phones with Android platforms, the application is not installed, and you will have to do it yourself using the Play Market services.
The application interface is simple and user-friendly, it allows you to move, rename, copy, clear information, as well as share it on social networks or with other users. In addition, Yandex.Disk contains a shopping cart.
Note! To move an unnecessary file to the trash can, you just need to tap it, click on the three dots at the top of the screen and select the “Delete” function. Files in this folder are kept for 30 days.
If you go into it, you can easily restore data or delete it permanently. To do this, you just need to click on the image in the window that appears, which contains a proposal to delete or restore the information, and select the required one. Everything is extremely simple.
Google Drive is one of the cloud storage solutions. On each Android, the developers have provided a built-in Google Drive or Google Drive application.
Note! When creating a Google account, the system offers to use its cloud services. If you have an application and a Google account, you can easily use them, especially since up to 15 GB is allocated for storage completely free of charge.
In order for the file to remain in the Google Drive trash, you first need to upload it to the cloud. To do this, you should:
- Sign in to the Google Drive app.
- Click on the plus sign in the lower right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Download”, after which a list of recently used files will open. It can be photo, music, voice recorder and other information.
- If the required file is not in the list, you should click on the three strips in the upper left corner of the screen and from the new list of applications select the path that contains the required data.
- Select a file and just click on it, it will instantly be uploaded to the “My Google Drive” folder.
- Go to the application.
- Select an already unnecessary file by tapping it.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Delete” line, after which a warning message “Move to trash?” Will appear. After consenting to deletion, the file is moved to the cloud trash.
With the data contained in the shopping cart, you can do the following:
- delete permanently;
- view file information, properties and history.
As you can see, using the Google Drive application is easy and convenient, the phone memory is saved, and the necessary folders will not disappear without a trace.
ES Explorer (EStrongs File Explorer) is one of the most advanced file managers with very powerful features:
- delete and move files;
- erase residual files from applications that have already been removed;
- compress and archive files;
- manage phone data via Bluetooth;
- and many more interesting options.
To find the basket in “ES Explorer”, you need to go to the application, click on the three strips in the upper left corner and find the line of the same name in the drop-down menu.
The application not only stores data, but gives a chance to restore it.
Recycle Bin is another very simple, convenient and free application that will store and provide the ability to recover deleted data on Android.
It interacts with photos, videos, music, text and other files.
Selecting files for storage
When you delete any files, they will automatically appear in the Dumpster application. To make sure of this, just open it and see a list of previously erased data. In addition to lists, the application provides information about the file size and the date of its deletion.
After selecting one of the files, Dumpster will offer to restore it, delete it permanently, or share it. When restoring information, it is returned to the folder from which it was deleted.
Note! In the Dumpster settings, you can select the types of files that will be automatically saved, while those that remain unchecked will not go to the trash, but will be deleted, bypassing it, as before, forever.
Setting up autovacuum
Dumpster also provides a service such as auto-cleaning. Busy users who do not have time to check the contents of the recycle bin and empty it manually can activate self-cleaning in the sidebar of the application.
Auto-cleaning setting is possible for 3 months
Here you can set the autovacuum interval. It can be any number of days, but maximum 3 months.
An example with a basket already built into the firmware. based on a Huawei / Honor smartphone. Let’s say we want to delete an image.
When you click on the “Delete” button, the system informs you that this item is placed in the basket for 30 days, after which it will be automatically deleted.
The trash in our example is located in the “Albums” subsection. called “Recently Deleted”.
Images from the trash can be restored if desired.
If you don’t have a shopping cart on your device, use the Google Photos app. When you delete an image in this app, it is automatically sent to the trash, but only if you delete it via Google Photos. You can download Google Photos in the Play Market.
Now in ES Explorer we are looking for a file to delete. We found the image, and we will delete it. Click on the file and hold until a check mark appears. At the bottom of the page, click “Delete”.
You need to confirm the action. As you can see, “Move to Trash” is checked by default. Don’t take it off, press OK.
The file was moved to the trash, but not completely deleted. We return to the main page of the application, go to the basket and see our file. To restore it or delete it permanently, press and hold on it. A check mark will appear on the file, and an additional menu will appear at the bottom. In it, select the action to be performed with the file.
Friends! If our site helped you or you just liked it, you can help us develop and move on. To do this, you can:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to our group.
How to open shopping cart on Samsung?
If you want to recover a deleted item, check if it is in the recycle bin.
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the “Library” icon, select Trash.
- Press and hold the item you want to restore.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Recover.
- Find and select the Gallery icon on the main screen;
- Here you will find two buttons: Search and Menu.
- Select the Cart item;
- At the top there will be another menu button that you need to select;
- Select Change from the two items;
- Select the checkbox for all the files that you would like to recover;
How to remove files from the recycle bin?
To do this, right-click the “mouse” on the trash can, select the property item and there you can configure uniform parameters for all disks (10% is reserved by default) or for each disk separately, and there is an item “destroy files without placing them in the trash”. remove this “tick”.
How to empty the trash from my phone?
If you want to manually delete all Dumpster files. empty the Trash, open the application menu (in the form of three dots) and select Delete All. This will empty the contents of the Dumpster Recycle Bin. Be careful: by emptying the Trash, you will destroy all data placed in the Trash on your phone!
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- In the upper left corner, click on the Trash menu icon.
- Press and hold the item you want to restore.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Recover. The photo or video will reappear: in the Gallery application on your device.
Here’s how to access the recycle bin on your desktop in Windows 10:
- Click the Start button and then select Settings.
- Click Personalize Themes Desktop Icon Settings.
- Select the checkbox for Trash, and then click Apply.
To find the Trash, open the Gallery app and switch to the Albums tab. Under the button at the top right (three dots located vertically) there is a context menu with this mode. By default, the cloud stores copies of deleted files for 60 days, but the user can change this in the settings.
The basket in the Xiaomi phone is not located on the gadget itself, but in the Mi Cloud. You can find your cloud gallery cart as follows: Open the Gallery app. In the “Albums” tab, click the button in the upper corner with three dots. context menu.
How to enter the cart?
Windows button on keyboard R; then type “shell: RecycleBinFolder” and hit enter: This will take you to the recycle bin folder and display the deleted items.
How to empty the trash on a Samsung phone?
The ability to control individual folders and files was created for the free version as well. Works in conjunction with other active programs to view and move data.
- view content
- permanently delete
- see properties
Recycle bin settings.
From the main window of the program you need to go to “Settings”.
Select the necessary functions to track and control files, audio, video, images, documents, archives.
The important step is to add a folder that the application will monitor. In the item “Add folder”, select the desired one and save it.
Only add folders that contain important data.
Accordingly, in the “Controlled folders” section, all specified target files will be marked for control by the application.
Viewing deleted data is opened by tapping on the basket.
The Recycle Bin app has a function to auto-clear the contents of the basket.
In the settings there is a section with the same name, where you can disable and set a certain period of time.
The time range is set from 1 to 30 days.
All apps have been tested on Samsung and Xiaomi devices.
File manager with rich functionality and built-in browser for viewing images.
By installing this program, you solve the problem of the absence of a basket on your Android phone. Accidentally deleted data will not disappear, but remain in it.
Let’s consider where to find the trash bin on the device:
- Launch Explorer
- Open main menu
- Go to settings
After deleting files, they go to the temporary storage of the recycle bin.
- go to main menu
- tap on it
Further, these files can be restored or deleted permanently.
Clearing the cache
The extra files of a Samsung phone do not accumulate in the recycle bin, but in the form of so-called cache applications. To clean your Android smartphone from this junk, follow these steps:
- go to Settings;
- enter the application manager;
- find the program you need;
- click the Clear cache button.
To remove all garbage, go to the Memory section and click on the Cached data section, and then confirm the cleaning by clicking OK.
How to empty trash on Android: One comment
How to Disable Trash on Samsung Galaxy J3 2017?
The garbage container application is designed specifically to collect deleted files from an Android device.
What this version of Dumpster can do:
- recovery of files of various formats
- preview files before recovery
- automatic cleaning after a specified time
- no root needed
- deep file recovery
- password protection
The application offers a free trial period for several days for review.
How to use the Dumpster Recycle Bin
The process of transferring a file to the trash bin is slightly different from what we are used to. To move a file to the repository, you need to do the following:
- Select the file or image of interest.
- Click on the share button opposite the desired object.
- Among the proposed options, select “Send to cart”.
- Go to Dumpster and check the availability of the selected photo.
I agree with you that it will be difficult to get out of the habit of deletion. However, it’s worth it.
Let’s take a closer look at the application interface:
- “Three stripes with an arrow” are responsible for sorting files.
- Arrow Cloud lets you experience Dumpstep Premium’s capabilities. Personally, we see no reason to buy a paid subscription, because the functionality of the free version of the program is quite enough.
- By clicking on the “Dumpster” logo, you can select the files that will be displayed on the main screen of the application.
Now you know the main features of the software.
When using cloud services from Google and Yandex, you don’t have to think about accidentally deleting photos, videos and documents, you can find them in temporary storage. At the same time, the last two work with any type of files, and accordingly perform all the functions of the basket.
For those who have not worked and are not going to use the cloud, it is recommended to install one of the listed applications, so as not to resort to physical file recovery from the drive in the future.
Phone users often ask how to empty trash on Android Samsung. Note that Android smartphones do not provide such a tool as “Recycle Bin”. Nevertheless, there are several options for how to delete unnecessary files from the device, via Google Photos or from special applications.
If the screen is covered with a protective film or the display does not respond quickly enough to touch, adjust the screen sensitivity. To do this, open the Settings Advanced features window, and activate the Touch Sensitivity mode. You cannot now select the screen sensitivity here, but this mode should help.
For several years, Samsung mobile phones have supported multi-window, multitasking mode. Android recently introduced this feature. To activate it, you need to click the Recents button.
By default, Samsung does not use the default Android icon for multi-screen applications. To enable this mode, open the Settings Advanced features Multi window menu. Slide the Use Recents button switch to On.
The Galaxy S9’s main window has a variety of options, from the number of app icons displayed to the ability to add an app icon after loading. Press and hold an empty area on the home screen, and then select Home Screen Settings.
The S9’s lock screen has two areas for placing app shortcuts and they can be customized. To change the list of default apps, select Settings Lock screen and security App Shortcuts.
Fingerprint sensor as touchpad
The fingerprint sensor on the S9 is more comfortable than previous models. Why not use it as an additional touchpad? So far, the S9 “understands” only two gestures, although this is already a lot.
Enable this feature by selecting Settings Advanced features Finger sensor gestures. To see additional options, click on the text, not on the button to activate this function. Here you can set up your device so that when you slide your finger down, a list of notifications opens, and when you slide up, you open Samsung Pay.
Samsung Cloud continues to evolve. Probably the most important feature of this service is creating backups. It’s a good idea to make sure your phone has Auto Backup to Samsung Cloud enabled. Then, if the smartphone is lost or broken, you can restore content on another device at any time.
Open Settings Cloud and accounts Samsung Cloud. In the upper right corner, click the menu button and select Settings Auto backup settings. Select the types of data you want to back up to Samsung Backup regularly. The backup operation is usually performed at night when the smartphone is connected to a charger and is in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Find My Mobile allows you to locate your lost phone, lock it and erase all data
Want to rearrange the buttons on the navbar? It is easy to do, and at the same time to change the color of the window. Select Settings Display Navigation bar. Here you will find a list of options such as adding a button to the navbar, hiding it on demand, setting the color and position of the buttons.
Galaxy S9 settings you need to change right now
Want to get the most out of your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus? ICHIP.ru experts will tell you how to do it. The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus work great out of the box, but there are a number of things that could be done better.
Want to get the most out of your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus? ICHIP.ru experts will tell you how to do it. The S9 and S9 Plus models work great out of the box, but there are a number of things that could be done better.
Installing the Recycle Bin on your Android phone. Dumpster app setup
Instructions on how to use the Shopping Cart on your phone. Where to find the Trash, how to empty and delete it from the device, how to access deleted files.
Dumpster mobile app
But there is a great way to fix this flaw. The Dumpster mobile application is a complete analogue of the Recycle Bin. After installing Dumpster, you can safely delete files, empty the Trash from unnecessary files as it fills up, store deleted files in the cloud, and much more.
The main features of the Dumpster app:
- Recover deleted photos, videos, music (all possible media formats are supported), other formats
- You do not need superuser rights to install the Trash on Android
- Recover Deleted Android Apps
- Preview (preview) photos before restoring them to their original place
- File protection with a blocker
- Storing deleted files in the cloud
- Auto-emptying feature: After a specified time, the Android Trash is emptied automatically
Note. By the way, Apple developers have implemented the Recycle Bin on iOS devices, making concessions to numerous users; they experienced understandable inconveniences in the absence of a mobile analogue of the Recycle Bin. So, there is a separate Trash for applications like Mail and Photo.
Selecting files to store in the Trash
In the settings of the Dumpster Recycle Bin, you must specify the types of files that need to be taken under control: Photo, Video, Music, Applications, etc. files.
By default, all the boxes are checked, so immediately uncheck the boxes next to those types that you do not need to store in the Trash on Android.
After that, the program will scan the memory card and the device to add to its database all files that can move to the Trash. Give the application time to complete this procedure.
Deleting and restoring files from the Trash
As soon as you delete a file on your smartphone or tablet, it is moved to storage in Dumpster. The files are available on the main page of the application. For convenience, you can use a filter (drop-down menu with a list of file types). Also sorted by date, size, type and name.
If you click on any file and select Restore, your files will be restored from the Recycle Bin back to Android, to their original folder, as if nothing had happened. Batch file selection is also available. Tap on one file and tap on other items to select them.
Configuring the Auto Empty Recycle Bin
The auto-cleaning function helps keep your Android smartphone / tablet clean and tidy. At the same time, you will be insured against the sudden deletion of files: nothing will happen to them and you can restore them in an emergency.
In the sidebar, select the Autovacuum section. Here you can configure the interval when Dumpster will empty the Recycle Bin of files. The maximum retention period is 3 months, but you can also manually clean up files on Android.
How to empty Android Trash with Dumpster
If you want to manually delete all Dumpster. Empty Trash, open the application menu (in the form of three dots) and select Delete All. This will empty the contents of the Dumpster Recycle Bin. Be careful: by emptying the Trash, you will destroy all data placed in the Trash on your phone!
Note. This feature is available through a subscription (2.9 / month). You can store up to 20 GB of files in the cloud. Along with this feature, you disable ads in the Dumpster app.
Where to download Dumpster for Android
The Dumpster app is available as a free download from the Google Play Store. The link leads to Google Play, where the full free version of the Dumpster app is available.
The latest version of the Dumpster application was released on December 14, 2017, the number of downloads reached 10,000,000, which clearly indicates the demand for the Trash on Android.
Dumpster is installed on a smartphone as a regular application and can work without root. At the same time, activated Root access will allow you to use the Trash on your phone more efficiently.
You can check the Enable root access checkbox by granting superuser rights on the next screen. If you don’t have ROOT rights, it’s time to get them.