How to update Android OS using a computer
You can change the Android operating system using the manufacturer’s app.
The main purpose of such programs is to create a backup copy of data, transfer photos and videos to a computer and vice versa.
Before you can change Android 4.4.2, you need to activate a special setting intended for developers. “USB debugging”. In later versions of the OS, this setting is hidden, and to activate it, you need to do the following:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the item “About phone“.
- Scroll down and press several times on the inscription “build number” until the message “You have become a developer” appears on the screen.
- Return to the “settings” menu and select the new section “Features for developers”.
- Find the “USB Debugging” section and activate it.
How to update using Smart Switch
To install the new Android on Samsung tablets and smartphones, Smart Switch and Samsung Kies applications are used.
To update to 7.0, 8.0 or 9.0 using Smart Switch, you need to:
- Launch the application.
- Click “Continue” after the notification dialog appears on the screen.
- Wait for the program to complete the process.
Note: if a notification about the possibility to download a new version of Android does not appear on the screen, this means that the device has the latest updates.
How to update Android on your phone
Updating the Android operating system is not only a recommended, but also a necessary process for the stable operation of a smartphone. For the owner of the phone, this is primarily an increase in the performance of the device, the emergence of new features, and not just the manufacturer’s correction of errors. Therefore, every user should know how to update Android on a phone.
The process of changing the current version of Android on a device requires attention and several conditions from the user.
Before moving on to changing the operating system, you need to make sure the following:
- that the phone is charged (the recommended battery level should be at least 50%);
- that the Wi-Fi network is reliable and stable (it is only important if the computer is not used when downloading the software);
- that the USB cable with which the phone is connected to the computer is working.
During the update to 9.0, 8.0, 7.0, 6.0 or earlier version of Android, it is forbidden to remove the battery or turn off the smartphone.
How to set up and use Samsung Pay
Interruption of the update process for one of these reasons can lead to irreparable consequences (you cannot do without the help of the service center specialists).
Before installing a new version, it is recommended to save a copy of your data to a computer, transfer it to removable media or cloud storage (make a backup).
There are two main ways to change Android yourself:
- Launching the update on the smartphone itself.
- Changing software modification using a computer.
How to Boot New Android Using Xperia Companion
To download the firmware to your smartphone using the Xperia Companion software, you need to:
- Connect the phone and run the software.
- Click on the section “Software update”.
- Right-click on the “Refresh” button.
- Then you should confirm your choice and press the “Ok” button.
- Wait until the program finishes installing the OS (at the time of installation, turn off the program or disconnect the smartphone from the computer is strictly prohibited).
Attention: it is impossible to return to the previous OS version, about which the user will be notified before installation.
How to install a new Android without connecting to a computer
The easiest way to change the OS version is to start the process on the smartphone itself.
Usually the system notifies about the availability of a new version (the notification appears at the top of the gadget screen):
Note: the algorithm for updating to a new version of Android is always the same: it doesn’t matter if the operating system is updated to 5.0, 7.0 or 9.0.
Depending on the phone model and the current firmware version, the text and design of the notification on the screen may differ.
After receiving the notification, you should click “download”, and wait until the software is downloaded to the device.
When Android is downloaded, a message will appear in the notification bar and the user will be prompted to install or postpone the process.
Important: before clicking “install now”, it is recommended that you read the information provided above, where the developers warn about the possible loss of personal data, and the need to make a backup.
The system does not always notify the user about the availability of a new version of Android. The reason may be the lack of an Internet connection or refusal to receive notifications (you can set it in the “Software update” section).
In this case, you can manually download the new Android. To do this, follow these steps:
How to Setup and Use Samsung Pay
- go to “Settings”.
- select the section “About phone” or “About device”.
- click “Software update”.
- after checking for new software, either a proposal to install the firmware will appear on the device screen, or a notification that the devices are already updated.
How to update Android with Samsung Kies
To update, for example, Android 4.2.2, using Samsung Kies, you need to do the following:
- Run the program.
- In the dialog box, click the “Update” button (if the notification does not appear on the screen, the latest program update has already been installed on the device).
- Wait for the installation to complete.
The new firmware may not meet the user’s expectations (the appearance of the menu changes, new applications appear and old applications are deleted, etc.). Therefore, it is important during installation to read what changes will occur and whether it is worth updating.
How to install Google Play on Android
How to install Google Play on Android. Google’s App Store boasts a huge number of apps and other content for your Android devices. Some smartphones or tablets may not have a Play Store and you want to install it, or you accidentally deleted it and now want to return it. Be that as it may, we have prepared an instruction for you that will allow you to install Google Play Store on your mobile device or update the existing version to the latest.
How to install Google Play Store?
The easiest way to install it manually is by downloading the APK from your phone’s browser. but we will consider two ways, one of which involves using a computer. Fear not, the process is still very simple, even for someone who is just getting acquainted with the Android platform.
Installing Google Play directly on your phone
Activate the installation of applications from unknown sources. To do this, go to the security settings of your smartphone, and then click on the item “Unknown sources”, and in the next dialog box, confirm the action. 2. Using a browser on your phone, go to THIS link and download the APK of Google Play Store 3. Open the downloaded file (you can just tap on the notification in the curtain), read the new permissions (if any) and only then click the “Install” button.
Installing Google Play using a computer
This method is suitable for those who currently do not have an Internet connection on their phone. In short, we download the APK file from the computer and move it to the phone.
Activate the ability to install applications from unknown sources 2. Using a web browser on your computer, open this page and download Google Play Store3. Connect your Android smartphone to your computer and move the APK to its memory. For Samsung Galaxy owners, I recommend installing Smart Switch on their computer. 4. Go to the file manager from the phone. find the copied application and install it.
Solving common problems with Google Play Store
- Open “Settings” “Application manager”
- Find Google Play Store in the list and then clear its cache
- Do the same with Google Play services