How to scan document from Canon printer to computer
Canon multifunctional printer, as a rule, can not only print, but also scan and copy. In Canon, many models allow you to scan the necessary documents Not only to your computer but also to any other gadget.
If you want to know how to Scan on a Canon printer, you first need to install a printer on your computer in order to be able to save the information already scanned by us in the required format and then, if necessary, transfer it to your other device. How to turn on the scanner on the printer.
From a printer Scanning your documents, photos to your computer is quite simple. To do this procedure, you just need.
Install the drivers required for your printer to work. There are two options for installing them: either you can install them from Dix, which you bought with the printer, but you can also install them without a disk.
In the first option, if you have a disc at hand that was given out at the time of purchase as a kit with the printer, you can safely use it. First, turn off the printer, put the disk in the right place, and wait a few seconds. When the folder with the files opens, find the file there with the extension [.Exe] and run it (usually this file is easier to find, it is called Setup.Exe). During installation, simply follow the steps, with the wizard’s prompts, carefully reading everything to avoid errors.
Place the document on the scanner glass. In the vast majority of cases, put the printed side down, but for HP ENVY Multifunction Printers, face up.
3.Turn on the printer and wait 30 seconds until it is detected in the system.
4. Scanning. There are various ways how to Scan a photo to a computer through a Canon printer: Go to Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers.
Click on the printer icon with the right mouse button and select “Start Scanning”. In the window that opens, set the desired parameters, click “View and if everything suits us, click” Scan. The 3rd video on the left shows this option using a Canon all-in-one printer as an example. Open the special scanning software that is installed on the computer with the driver for your all-in-one printer. Usually a shortcut appears for it on the desktop. There you can open the settings and set the desired ones. Paint. This utility is bundled with Windows. You can start it by opening the Start menu. All Programs. Accessories. Paint. Expanding the File menu (or click on the down arrow button in Windows 7). You can easily cope with how to scan from a printer to a Canon computer. We select “From a scanner or camera”. In the window that opens, you can select the type of scanned image. Many users also face the question of how to render a document on a Canon printer. If there is no time and you need to quickly scan something. immediately select the desired type and click “Scan. If you have time, you can select “Adjust the quality of the scanned image and make more appropriate settings. 5. Save. After the scanned image appears in the program Expanding the menu File. Save As. Image in JPEG format. Select the directory or folder to save the document on the computer, set the file name and click “Save. We look if the scanner does not work on the printer.
How to scan to a Canon printer, enable, configure and use the scanner
DPI. Resolution or dots per inch. The more. the higher the image quality, the higher its resolution (the number of pixels in length and width) and the more it will “weigh, take up space on the disk of your computer. The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will process or scan a document.
100-200 dpi. if you need it quickly and you will not recognize documents.
300-400 dpi. suitable if you need to recognize text.
500-600 dpi. if you need the smallest details of the document.
At 600 dpi, the father scans old family photographs that he can get his hands on. There you need the maximum resolution for the quality of the photo from 20-30-40 years.
It’s convenient for me to Scan at 300 dpi. The photo quality is good and the text can be recognized if necessary.
There is one more nuance here. You can always lower the resolution of the scanned file in the same graphics editor Paint. But you won’t be able to increase the resolution. Have to scan again.
If you cannot find where you saved your scanned document, try searching in the Scanned Documents folder. When you install the printer software, it may create a “scanned documents” folder on your computer.
Visit our website to read the instructions for your printer, if you cannot find a brochure at home, and instructions on how to use your Canon scanner. Search the website for your printer model and read Product Overview and Specifications. If you want, you can download the information you need to your computer.
You can also use other applications on your computer to understand how to Scan a document to your computer using a Canon scanner. Try graphics editing software or Preview software on Mac. Select the action “Import from Scanner” and then follow the sequence of actions described above.
Simple and clear ways to scan documents from printer to computer
Almost every computer user at least once in his life faced the need to update a flash player or “translate” a document into electronic format. Many people think that doing this is problematic. In fact, everything is simple if you follow certain instructions. It will be presented in this article.
- Preparatory stage
- Windows standard tools
- Paint program
- ABBYY FineReader
- Vuescan program
- Scanner Wizard
- The simplest way
- Special software
- Possible problems
Before proceeding directly to the scanning procedure, preparatory measures should be taken. This approach will prevent further difficulties and errors of a technical nature.
- Make sure the device has the appropriate option. The modern office supplies market has a ton of multifunctional devices. However, it is not uncommon to find models that can be scanned. You need to read the instructions for using the device, which must be present in his passport.
- Next, you need to make sure that the device is connected correctly. Modern technology provides users with a lot of opportunities, therefore, “connected” with a computer, you can perform any manipulations. Despite this, not all PCs and all-in-one printers are capable of supporting this format. As a rule, when purchasing a scanner or printer, the box already contains a USB cable, which must be used to activate interaction with a PC.
- After that, you need to make sure that the device is connected correctly, press the device button. If the indicators DO NOT manifest themselves in any way, it is worth double-checking the correct functioning of the technique. Some devices require the installation of drivers, so it is quite possible that you will have to deal with this issue as well.
- From the moment the paper is in the scanner, you need to tightly close the lid and launch a button to start the process.
Windows standard tools
This method is the most convenient and proven. You use the capabilities of this system, you can solve the problem, spent a minimum of time on it. The procedure is as follows.
- Visit the Start menu, search for Devices and Printers.
- Finding the name of a specific printer that is currently connected to the computer device.
- Clicking on the icon and then clicking on the “Start Scanning” button.
- Specifying data such as profile, color format, pitch, file type, resolution, contrast and brightness setting.
- Using the Preview Option for Pre-Checking.
- Clicking “Scan“, waiting for the process itself and the subsequent appearance of the window for importing images and videos.
- Import with preliminary opening of parameters.
- Sending the finished file to the folder where it will be located.
In the process of working with a photo, it is necessary to monitor the purity and transparency of the glass of the device. After all, even if it is slightly dirty, the pictures will be of poor quality. During the very beginning of the scan, you should not open the lid so that the photo is not exposed. It is advisable to use graphical tools after they have been run in the scanner.
This program is standard and easy to understand. To use it, you need to follow a series of simple steps:
- Will launch the application using the special Start button;
- Click on the “File” tab;
- Choose a scanning method. in this case. from a camera, but there is also an option. from a scanner;
- Wait until the scan preparation process starts;
- Choose the type of file;
- Adjust the resolution, as well as determine the optimal image brightness parameter.
After starting scanning, the user will see the picture he needs on the screen, or a scan of the document. All that remains to be done Subsequently is to save the document in the required graphic format. The main advantage of this program is that there is no need to download and install auxiliary products. That is, to get started, it will be enough to activate the “native” option and perform the simplest actions.
This program is designed to recognize text from scanned images in PDF format. There are versions in different languages, including Russian, in just a few clicks you can recognize and compare files. The latest version contains an automation tool called “Hot Folder”. With its help it will NOT be difficult to assign a folder for processing documents.
ABBY Fine Reader has many advantages over competitors’ products:
- A high degree of recognition accuracy, equal to 99%, which is associated with the work of progressive OCR technology;
- Decent speed of work. one sheet takes about 15 seconds of time;
- An impressive number of input file formats and documents to save;
- Simplicity of the Russian-language interface;
- The possibility of machine learning, which leads to an improvement in the quality of recognition;
- Digitization of documentation in just one click;
- The ability to process papers in accordance with the schedule.
It is quite simple to work with it. You need to download and install the utility on your computer, then enter it, press the button to start the scanning process and wait for the result. The product itself contains detailed instructions to avoid mistakes.
This universal software, which is compatible with many types of equipment, provides the ability to fine-tune and process images. He also does an excellent job with documents. The application is constantly updated, so it is NOT difficult for it to maintain multiple scanner models. Setting basic scan parameters will NOT take much time.
Due to its extensive functionality, this program will allow you to provide flexible preparation for all processes and get excellent results. The application is universal, it will be a great software alternative. Its principle of operation is quite simple. You just need to download and install the utility, and then start scanning and wait for the result. He will appear in just a few minutes.
After the scanning device is connected to the computer, you need to install the drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
- Application of “Plug and Play” technology, if the required option is present, the monitor will indicate “Found new equipment”;
- You need to click on this item and Read the information;
- Click on the search engine icon “Yes, only now”;
- Click “Next” until the system finds the tool and DO NOT start installing it.
The simplest way
To use it you need:
- Go to the control panel, select “equipment.”, “devices.”, “start.”;
- After selecting THESE parameters, press the preview button and the “Scan” item.
The information obtained can be saved to a personal computer or printed.
Any printer or all-in-one printer in the complete set has a disk on which drivers and software are installed. When using this method, the following actions are performed:
- Opening the program list;
- Search for an application;
- Pressing the scan button;
- Choice of type, format, brightness and resolution;
- Specifying the storage location of the target folder;
- Fix bugs, if any.
During the scanning process, many problems can arise, their list is as follows:
- All kinds of errors (the reason is the wrong driver choice)
- The appearance of vertical lines in the image (this is due to the accumulation of dust on the surface of the glass strips)
- Lack of a finished image (the settings are not suitable, they must be set again)
- Skewed image (there is a corresponding adjustment in width)
- Slow speed (no match in resolution)
- Finished image does NOT feed (paper is not installed correctly in printer)
- Poor picture quality (there can be many reasons, the most common of which is incorrectly inserted paper, clogged device, lack of correct settings).
Thus, scanning documents from a printer to a computer is a fairly simple task, especially if you follow the appropriate instructions.
After turning on the scanner, you must install the driver for this device so that data transfer between the computer and the scanner becomes possible. Start by connecting the scanner to a USB port on your computer. (Read the instructions for using the scanner and find out how to connect it to your computer.)
- Turn on the scanner. Many scanners use Plug and Play technology, which allows Windows to recognize and install hardware. If your scanner supports this technology, Windows will display a “Found new hardware” message that appears in the notification area at the lower right corner of the taskbar. Most Plug-and-Play devices are installed automatically, so nothing else is required from the user. If the driver did not automatically install, it may mean that the scanner does not support Plug-and-Play technology, or Windows has not found a driver for this device. In this case, Click on the messages “Found new hardware” and continue installing the driver.
- In the Find New Hardware Wizard window, which will appear only if the automatic connection of Windows to the Update Center is not prohibited, first click on the Yes button, only this time, and then on the Next button.
- If you have a scanner driver CD, insert it into your CD-ROM drive and click Next. Then Windows will find the drivers for the scanner and install them.
- Run the command Start Control Panel. In the search box, enter the word scanner. Several links will be displayed. Click the View Scanners and Cameras link. In the Scanners and Cameras window Click the Add Device button.
- In the opened window of the scanner or camera installation wizard Click the Next button. In the next window of the wizard Click on the list of scanner manufacturers displayed on the left side of the window and select your scanner model from the list displayed case.
- Follow the instructions in the Scanner Model Installation Wizard if your scanner came with a CD or DVD containing drivers and software. If such a disk is available, Windows will help you download the programs you need from the Internet. When all the necessary steps for installing the scanner are completed, Click on the Finish button to complete the installation.
Changing Scanner Settings
After installing your scanner, you may want to review your settings or change the default settings. To do this, run the command Start Control Panel. In the search box on the control panel window, enter the word scanner and press.
- In the control panel window Click on the displayed link View scanners and cameras.
- The Scanners and Cameras window displays a list of installed scanners. First click on any scanner in the Scanners and Cameras area, and then on the Scan Profiles button.
- In the Scan Profiles dialog box, select your scanner and click the Change button. In the Change Default Profile dialog box, SEE the settings, which may include (depending on your scanner model) color management for correct reproduction of scanned colors and resolution settings. (The higher the resolution, the sharper and clearer the electronic document, but it may take longer to scan).
- Click the Save Profile button, and after returning to the Properties Dialog Box, double Click the Close button to close the Scan Profiles and Scanners and Cameras windows.
Once you’re ready to turn on the scanner, place the document you want to scan into it. Depending on the scanner model, this document can be placed on the scanner and covered with a lid or through the tray. Look in the instructions for the scanner how to start the scanning procedure (for example, click on the Scan or Start button). The computer will automatically detect the start of the scan process, display a Dialog box showing the scan progress, and prompt you to view and save the scanned item.