Tell your friends on social networks
How to scan a document to a computer from an MFP
How to scan a document to a computer from an MFP
This is because the printer is not designed for scanning. This type of technique performs only the function of printing. But a multifunctional device (MFP) can scan a photo, passport and other documents.
But how can you scan if the required driver package is missing on your computer? Many users simply connect a scanning device to a PC, and the Windows 7 operating system independently determines which driver is needed, and then installs it.
Any MFP is capable of scanning, regardless of the manufacturer and model of equipment. The main thing is the connection of the multifunctional device with the PC and the presence of a scanner.
How to scan an image or document?
In order to get started, you need to go to “Start” and from the list that is located on the right side of the menu, select the section responsible for devices and printers.
After clicking on it with the mouse, a window will open where the model of the connected device should be indicated. (Example of HP LaserJet M1530 MFP MFP)
There should be a green check mark on the printer icon, which indicates that the printing equipment is ready for work. Click on the right button of the computer mouse on the icon with the printer and in the menu that appears, select the task “Start scanning”. After that, all that remains is to set the appropriate settings and select the appropriate scan parameters. To work with a text document, a black and white scanning option is provided, but to process photos and color posters, you will have to experiment with the settings.
It is worth noting that the higher the scan resolution, the clearer the resulting image will be. But the weight of the final file will be much more. This should be taken into account if it becomes necessary to send it by email in the presence of a slow Internet and expensive traffic.
And even if you have a monochrome printer that is designed for black and white printing, the scanned image will still turn out in color.
The presence of this graphic editor will help to carry out the procedure for transferring data to a computer easily and quickly.
- Start the Paint program. To do this, click on its shortcut (icon) on the desktop or follow the path “Start”. “All Programs”. “Standard”. “Paint”.
- In the upper left corner of the program that opens, go to the “File” menu or click on the white rectangle with a drop-down list (in the same corner).
- In the above list, select “Get image”. “From a scanner or camera” (or “From a scanner or camera”). If this menu item is not active, then the scanner is not ready for use (check the connection of the device to the power source and the computer).
- A window appears on the screen in which you select the required device. your printer, the type of scanned image (color or black and white).
- After. press the button “Scan”.
- Done. Here is a scanned image that you can edit if you want.
- To save the picture, go to the “File” menu and select “Save As”, specifying the path in the directory where the resulting file will be stored. The most common save formats are.JPEG and.png.
How to scan a document to a computer from a printer
Scanning documents from your printer to your computer is not as difficult as it might seem. Questions in this regard may arise, first of all, among inexperienced PC users.
It should be understood that not every printer can scan documents. Especially for such purposes there are scanners and so-called “all-in-one” printers, which combine the functions of a copier and a scanner.
In this article, we will talk about how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and what is needed for this.
To begin with, the printer should already be connected to your computer, configured and ready to go. You can read about how to do this in this article. So let’s get started.
- Lift the cover of the turned on and ready-to-use printer (scanner).
If you notice that the glass is dirty or dusty, wipe it down.
- Place the document you want to scan on the computer face-down on the glass, that is, with the text.
Note: on some devices, for example, HP Envy multifunction printers, the document must be placed with the text up.
- We proceed directly to scanning, which can be done in several ways:
- Go to “Control Panel” and under “Hardware and Sound” click “Devices and Printers”.
On the icon of the connected printer, right-click “Start Scan”
Set the required scan parameters, and then click on “Preview”. If the displayed picture suits you, click “Scan”.
- Just launch the special software that comes with your MFP, which means it is already installed on your computer, and scan with it.
Here you can also set the required parameters for the scanned image.
- Save the scanned image to your computer by selecting its format (optional), quality and resolution.
Actually, that’s all, now you know how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and you coped with this task yourself.
How to scan documents from printer to computer
EPSON L355 with CISS (Click to enlarge)
Scanning documents and photos from your printer to your computer is easy. For this you need:
Install drivers for your MFP. I wrote about this in detail in two articles below:
- How to install a printer without a disk.
- How to install a printer from disk.
If you have the disc that came with the device, you can use it. Disconnect the printer from the computer, insert the disc into the drive and run the file with the [.exe] extension (usually Setup.exe). Follow the wizard’s prompts.
Place the document on the scanner glass. In the vast majority of cases, you should put the printed side down, but for HP ENVY multifunction printers. up.
We turn on the printer and wait 30 seconds until it is detected in the system.
We scan. You can use different ways here:
- Go to the path “Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers”. Click on the printer icon with the right mouse button and select “Start Scanning”. In the window that opens, set the necessary parameters, click “View” and if everything suits us, click “Scan”. The 3rd video on the left shows this option using the example of a Canon MFP.
- Open special scanning software that is installed in the computer with the driver for your MFP. Usually a shortcut appears for it on the desktop. There you can open the settings and set the desired.
- Paint. This utility comes bundled with Windows. You can start it by opening the Start menu. All Programs. Accessories. Paint. Expand the File menu (or click on the down arrow button in Windows 7). We select “From a scanner or camera”. In the window that opens, you can select the type of scanned image. If there is no time and you need to quickly scan something. immediately select the desired type and click “Scan”. If you have time, you can select “Adjust the quality of the scanned image” and set more appropriate settings.
We save. After the scanned image appears in the program, open the menu File. Save As. Image in JPEG format. Select the directory or folder to save the document on the computer, set the file name and click “Save”.
DPI. resolution or dots per inch. The more. the higher the image quality, the higher its resolution (the number of pixels in length and width) and the more the file will “weigh” and take up space on the disk of your computer. The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will process or scan the document.
- 100-200 dpi. if you need it quickly and you will not recognize documents.
- 300-400 dpi. suitable if you need to recognize text.
- 500-600 dpi. if you need the smallest details of the document.
At 600 dpi, the father scans old family photographs he can get his hands on. There you need a maximum resolution because the quality of a photo of 20-30-40 years is “not very”.
It is convenient for me to scan at 300 dpi. The quality of the photo is good and the text can be recognized if necessary.
There is one more nuance here. You can always reduce the resolution of the scanned file in the same graphics editor Paint. But you won’t be able to increase the resolution. Have to scan again.
How to scan from printer to computer
Many of you more or less often face the need to transfer information (text, graphic, photographic images) from paper to a computer. The main assistant in solving this issue is the scanner. It can be either a stand-alone device or an MFP with scanning capability.
Preparing to Scan from Printer to Computer
In order to start the actual scanning process, you must have a computer and a scanner (or an MFP with the latter function).
- Turn on your computer and printer.
- Connect the MFP (or scanner) to the power source and to your computer.
- Place the document, book, photograph, or other paper that you want to read face down on the scanner glass.
This completes the preparatory stage.
How to scan an image from a printer to a computer
How to set up scanning from printer to computer
Using a scanning app
- Install the drivers required for your printer on your computer. To do this, you can use the disk that came with the device, or download them from the Internet.
- Follow the path “Start”. “Devices and Printers” (or “Start”. “Control Panel”. “Devices and Printers”).
- Right-click on the icon of your printer and in the drop-down list stop on the item “Start Scanning”.
- A window opens in which you set the scanning parameters: the type of the original document, the color or black and white image will be received, the resolution of the finished picture, in which format the file will be saved.
- Click the “Scan” button.
- As a result, a scanned image will appear on the screen, to which you assign a name and specify the path to place it on your computer.
Image resolution when scanning from printer to computer
Resolution is one of the important parameters of the final image. It is he who determines the detail (clarity) of the picture. For text documents, unnecessarily high values should not be set. there is no need for this, and more time will be spent on the scanning process. And remember that you can reduce the resolution of the resulting image (in a graphics editor), increase it. you cannot, you will need to scan the document again.
- 100. 200 dpi. fast image transfer, does not imply subsequent document recognition.
- 300. 400 dpi. sufficient indicators for text recognition.
- 500. 600 dpi. if you need to capture the smallest details of the image.
Samsung SCX-4200 installation disc
Insert the disc into your computer and follow the instructions on the screen. If the disc contains drivers for different operating systems, during the installation process, select the appropriate one for your system.
Scanning with Samsung SmarThru
Samsung’s SmarThru software expands the possibilities. Scanning with SmarThru is a pleasure.
To start scanning with SmarThru:
1 The device and the computer must be properly connected to each other and turned on.
2 Open the platen glass cover.
3 Place your original face down on the glass and align with the guide marks in the upper left corner of the glass.
4 Close the exposure glass cover.
5 If Samsung SmarThru is installed, find the SmarThru 4 icon on the desktop. Double click the SmarThru 4 icon.
How to scan from printer to computer
Sorry and don’t judge strictly First video.
Which driver is suitable for the printer Samsung SCX-4200?
If your operating system is Windows XP, install the Windows XP driver. If Windows 7, respectively, download the driver for Windows 7. The same applies to other systems.
over, the driver must be selected depending on the bitness of the operating system. So, if you have a 64-bit operating system, then the driver must be 64-bit for the same system. Conversely, for 32-bit. 32-bit.
Adjust scan settings.
The Scan menu provides the following options.
Scanning an image and saving the result in the application. Allows you to scan an image, evaluate the result in the preview window and transfer the resulting data to the selected application.
Scan an image and send it by e-mail. Allows you to scan an image, evaluate the result in the preview window and send the resulting data by email.
Scanning an image and saving the results in a folder. Allows you to scan an image, evaluate the result in the preview window and save the resulting data in the selected folder.
Image scanning and text recognition. Allows you to scan an image, evaluate the result in the preview window and send the resulting data to the OCR program.
Scan an image, evaluate the result in the preview window and publish the resulting data on the website as a file of the specified format.
Configures settings for the basic functions of the Scan menu. Allows you to configure the settings for the Application, Email, OCR and Website functions.
The selected function window will open in SmarThru 4. Adjust scan settings.
Click the Scan button to start scanning.
To cancel the scan job, press the Cancel button on the control panel.
Which cartridge is suitable for Samsung SCX-4200 printer?
An integral part of any printer is the ink cartridge. After the ink has expired, the cartridge is refilled by specialized firms, provided that this model is re-flashed. Otherwise, a new cartridge is purchased.
You can find out which cartridge is suitable for Samsung SCX-4200 on the manufacturer’s website. All relevant information about the characteristics of the printing device, cartridge model, software versions and drivers for various operating systems are posted on the official Samsung resource.
How to scan to a Samsung scx 4200 printer
Document scanning process.
Each scanning device is equipped with the necessary software written to disk. Before starting work, you need to download the programs from the disk to your computer. If the disc is missing, then all the necessary programs can be found on the Internet, they are free to download.
Let’s look at this process using the example of the HP Photo Smart MFP 210.
This is a 3-in-1 multifunctional device: printer, scanner and copier. The MFP is equipped with a Wi-Fi module, which allows a wireless connection to a computer. We will not focus on this topic, the connection to the computer has been established. let’s start preliminary preparation for scanning a document:
Downloading the MFP software to your computer.
After downloading the programs and activating them, the program shortcuts will appear on the desktop.
You must open the HP Scan software to scan a document. In the window that opens, we see all the necessary information for further work. Do not forget to place the document to be processed in the scanner and turn on the MFP, otherwise the program will display a connection error. If all conditions are met, the following window will open.
Select the required scan parameters and click on the “scan” button. In the window that opens, you can view and edit the scanned document.
To save a scan on a computer, click the “save” button, a window with computer resources will open where you can place and store your scanned documents. After selecting the required folder, click “save”.
All! The process of scanning and saving text or photo is over! Now you can process your scan in the appropriate document editor, send it by mail or send it to the cloud storage!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments.!
What you need to scan?
To solve a problem like “how to scan a document to a computer” you need a personal computer, and its type and performance do not matter much, and the device itself, which is equipped with a scanner. Those. in this case, you need a scanning printer, and not any device of this type.
In addition to a PC and office equipment with a scanner, you will also need the appropriate software. For example, an excellent option is ABBYY FineReader, which allows not only scanning documents, but also performing OCR in more than 150 languages.!
Some distribution is also used by VueScan, which is a lightweight and easy-to-use software that supports most of today’s flatbed scanners, as well as multifunctional devices. Documents scanned with this utility can be saved not only in JPEG or TIFF formats, but also PDF, which is very convenient when working in an office. Most importantly, this program has a built-in OCR system, which is designed for optical character recognition. Therefore, in order to recognize the scanned text, you do not need additional utilities.
The two listed programs are paid, so if you are looking for a completely free option, you can resort to CuneiForm. Despite its “gratuitousness”, this utility has good functionality, for example, with its help you can work with various print fonts and recognize texts in two dozen languages. It can also recognize tables. To improve the quality of recognized texts, the program has the ability to compare words with a dictionary, which can be constantly expanded.
If you do not want to download and install any of the above programs on your personal computer, then use the usual “Scanner Wizard”.
How to scan a document to a computer from a printer: step by step instructions
The need to get a digital copy of your photos or text can arise at any time, so it will be useful to know how to scan documents from the printer to your computer. It is worth understanding what is meant by an MFP. a multifunctional device that has a built-in scanner.
What you need to start scanning documents to your computer?
Before you can scan a document from the printer to your computer, a number of preparatory steps may be required. It is about preparing your scanner or printer with this function for work. To get started, connect the MFP to your computer using a USB cable and turn on the power. Next, install the drivers from the included disk. If, for any reason, it is not possible to install the software from the disk, then download the drivers from the manufacturer’s official website and install them. We described in detail how to install the downloaded drivers in the article “How to install a printer without an installation disk”.
How to scan from any printer to your computer
When working with multifunctional devices (MFPs), which are presented on the office equipment market, today it is very easy to scan a document or image placed in the corresponding compartment.
To do this, you can use both the standard tools of the operating system and the installed software.
Scanning documents to a computer using special software
Together with any MFP, there should be a disk with drivers and native software for this printer model. As a rule, the use of such programs provides an opportunity to achieve the most effective interaction with the device, to obtain the best quality. For example, how to scan on a Canon printer using this software:
- After installing the device and software, open the list of programs.
- Find the app for your printer model, launch it.
- Click “Scan”.
- The program will prompt you to select the type, format, color or black and white scan and resolution. If you set all the parameters correctly, the result will be better.
- Use the explorer to specify the path to save the target file. Give the document a name right away, so it’s easier to find it later. If desired, the storage location can be removable media.
- Preview the document to correct any errors that have arisen, or immediately click the “Scan” button. Next, the MFP will recognize the data, after which you need to click “Save”.
Official documents must be of high quality so that all elements are clearly visible and readable. This applies to important information: birth certificates, passports, certificates and similar documentation. Most often, ABBY FineReader is used for these purposes, but any other software with similar functionality can be suitable. Instructions on how to scan a document to a computer from a printer using the example of a passport:
- Be sure to remove the cover, it will interfere during the procedure.
- In the settings, set the following parameters: “grayscale”, resolution. 300 dpi (or dpi).
- Unfold the passport on the first page, place it against the glass with a spread. Better to put it closer to the edge, leaving a small gap.
- Close the cover of the device firmly, for more detailed copying, you can press a little with your hand.
- Click on “Preview”, make sure that the color, detail of the letters is transmitted correctly.
- At the bottom, click “Scan”, wait for the machine to finish recognizing the file. After that, check the picture and click “Save”.
- Using the frame, select the area with the image (the passport itself), empty fields should be outside of it.
- To store official data, choose tif or bmp format.
How to scan from printer to computer: documents, photos, text and more?
Scanning a document or photo to a computer is a frequently used operation both in everyday life and in professional activities of any of us. This operation allows us to digitize any document for its subsequent processing, sending to the addressee or storage.
The scanning procedure is almost the same for any peripheral device from manufacturers such as HP, Canon and Epson. The main condition is that there is a scanner in their hardware, without it anywhere!
Even a novice computer user can scan, there is nothing complicated about it. You need to do a few simple steps and your scan is ready.!
Setting up a printer color profile
How often have you asked such questions: “Why does the computer monitor show us some colors in the image, after printing on the printer, we get others, and as soon as paper of another manufacturer is loaded, the result is completely different from the first two options”.
But the point here, it turns out, is that the computer screen creates shades using three specific primary colors called. RGB (Red, Green, Blue), and printing on the printer takes place in a slightly different system. CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, BlacK).
At the same time, for the sake of fairness, it should be noted that if photo printing is not your hobby or profession, then the issue of color transfer for you, most likely, will not be particularly critical at all, because most owners of color printers have absolutely no idea what it is. color profile, and do well without it.
In the picture below, you can estimate the difference between the original image and images printed using various consumables.
Nevertheless, we suggest that you take a closer look at what needs to be done so that the colors and shades printed on paper are as close as possible to those that your camera has saved.
First, it is necessary to clearly understand that each color profile is capable of functioning normally only in a rigid bond. printer model certain ink certain paper.
If at least something in this bundle is changed, the profile will not only be useless, but even harmful.
For example, if the Epson XP-605 printer, 225 g / m² WWM glossy paper and WWM E26 ink use the appropriate profile for this set, then everything will be excellent when printing. But if you insert glossy Epson paper into the printer and do not change the appropriate settings, then the color rendition of the image will certainly deteriorate significantly.
Where does the color profile come from?
The color profile itself is just a file for the printer driver, usually with the icc extension, and containing information on how to correct the color rendition of the image when printing it.
Serious ink manufacturers, as a rule, publish on their resource all color profiles for their products, as well as for paper from various manufacturers. At the same time, some of them may offer you to build an individual color profile completely free of charge, and if necessary,
even for certain types of paper.
To get it, you just need to print special images on paper (as they say, dies), indicate the type of ink used, paper, as well as the model of the printer itself. Further, by sending all these samples to the ink manufacturer,
You, very soon, will receive a file with a ready-made color profile from them by mail.
Installing and configuring a profile
Having received the finished file, copy it to your computer at:
It should be noted that color management is not supported by all programs, but only by some, such as, for example, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, ACDSee or others.
We suggest considering using and setting up color correction using printing from Photoshop:
- In the print dialog box, select “Photoshop manages colors”
(Photoshop Manages Colors).
- Select the profile you need (Profile is most likely the one that you downloaded earlier).
- Set the rendering method to “Perceptual” and check the box on
Black Point Compensation.
- After that, press the “Print” button and go to the selection of the printer model.
Further steps for setting up from different manufacturers are slightly different.
For Epson printer models, you must select:
For Canon printer models you need to choose:
Having set “Other” in the “Print quality” sub-item, you press “Set”. Set the following settings:
In the sub-item “Color / Intensity” put down “Manual”, then press the “OK” button. Going to the “Approval” tab, select “No”:
Then you print your pictures and just enjoy the juicy and bright colors that match your original file as much as possible!
In the future, on your own, without anyone’s help, you can easily customize or change the color profile in the program settings when printing your images!