How to Transfer Google Photos to iCloud
Those who are wondering how to transfer Google Photos to iCloud can follow these steps. These steps are very easy and quick.
- First open any preferred web browser and go to photos.Google.com. Then you must be logged into your Google account under which Google Photos is configured.
- You should now find the first photo to transfer to iCloud. Then hover over it and click the checkmark icon. This will select the appropriate photo. Once selected, the photo icon turns blue. You must apply the same method to all the photos you want to transfer to iCloud from Google Photos.
- After selecting photos, you should proceed to the next step. With the photos selected, find the three dots icon at the top. Then click on it and select the “Download” option, which appears in the menu.
- Once you do this, the system will download all of these photos as one ZIP file. Once the download is complete, you will need to unzip the file for the photos to be available. To unzip the file, you must right-click on the file and see a pop-up menu. After that, you have to select the option called “unzip from the menu.
- After that, go to the iCloud.com URL using your PC. Then go to the option reserved for photos.
- You will see a new window as a pop-up window. At this point, you will need to take the time to get the images uploaded. This goes without saying the duration may vary depending on the number of photos uploaded. So wait patiently for the process to complete.
- When finished, you should click the icon representing iCloud in the upper corner. Then upload new images to continue. That’s all. All of these Google Photos will now be migrated to the iCloud space. Please note that this process can take some time due to two important factors. For example, the number of photos you transfer and the speed of your internet connection will affect the time.
Is it possible to transfer Google photos to the cloud?
Simply put, yes! It is possible to transfer Google photos to the cloud. There are actually several manual methods to accomplish this task. Plus, you can even use professional third-party software to transfer Google photos to the cloud. With that said, if you are upgrading to iCloud after purchasing a new iOS device, there is good news. This means that Google Photos works not only on Android devices, but also on new iPhones. In this case, switching from Google Photos to iCloud is not difficult at all. You can read the remaining sections of this guide and learn how to do it.
Also, if you want to know how to transfer iCloud to Google Drive AND how to transfer files from Google Drive to Dropbox, here are the best solutions for you.
Why do you want to move Google photos to the cloud?
As we mentioned earlier, there can be many reasons for moving Google Photos to the cloud. Imagine a situation where you switched from Android to iPhone. Obviously, you need your precious photos on your iPhone too. You can’t afford to lose your memories just because you bought an iPhone. That’s when you need to know how to transfer Google Photos to iCloud. If not, what if you want to move Google Photos to iCloud as a security measure?
You may already know that there is a heated debate over the choice between Google Photos and iCloud. Many users explain their reasons to justify their decision. But the truth is, there is no straightforward answer to this question. Both iCloud and Google Photos have unique features.
In fact, Apple has the Photo app preinstalled on iPhones, iPads, and Mac devices. All photos in the Photos app will also be saved to iCloud. As a result, you can see all of these photos in your iCloud account regardless of platform. For example, you can view photos from iCloud on your Windows PC if needed. If not, you can also view them through your web browser. Alternatively, you can also use iCloud on Apple TV. This means you can watch your precious moments on the big screen over a cup of coffee.
To do this, however, you must download an app called “Google Photos” on your iPhone or Android. In addition to this, iCloud offers many editing features for editing the photos stored in it. This is done using the Apple Photos app. With the advanced and convenient features associated with Apple Photos, you can edit images without any difficulty. For example, it allows you to change the color settings of a device. This is done using Automatic Color Correction. However, when it comes to advanced editing, you have to choose a dedicated editing tool.
Well, when it comes to storage, iCloud gives you 5GB of free storage. This allows you to store any type of file you want. However, if you want to get more space, you can do it in advance.ying for a very small amount. For example, you can purchase 50 GB per month for 0.99. On the other hand, Google Photos is completely free and the storage is unlimited. However, you must be prepared to lower the image quality to save more photos.
Let’s also look at the sharing factor. In this case, iCloud. the best choice for many. Plus, iCloud makes it easy to share images through Apple Photos. Plus, it allows you to post photos directly to social media. The most important part is that photos sent via iCloud can be viewed without an account. You can even create shared folders using Apple Photos. As a result, multiple people can easily access and manage the photos. This approach is very convenient when a group of people wants to share an album.
Getting Your Photos into iCloud Photos
So iCloud is perfect for sharing lots of photos without compromising on quality. On the other hand, however, Google Photo also has some limited functionality in terms of sharing.
Likewise, there can be many other reasons for a user to transfer Google photos to cloud storage. Anyway, this article explains how to do it easily.
How to Transfer Google Photos to iCloud Easily?
You are reading this article probably because you want to know how to transfer Google Photos to iCloud. In fact, you will want to move Google Photos to the cloud for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the reason, this article explains how to do it easily and correctly.
Important tips and tricks related to iCloud
As a modern iCloud user, there are many things you need to know. We intend to list some of these important tips for our readers.
- iCloud can be used in any web browser just by visiting the official iCloud website. You must provide an Apple ID and password to access features.
- You can even back up your smartphone using iCloud. To do this, you first need to go into settings and go to the bottom of the screen. You can find an option called “iCloud Backup” there. Just select it to continue.
- You can use the Keychain feature to protect all data available in iCloud.
Transfer Google Photos to iCloud in an easy and professional way
Do you want to simplify and speed up your data transfer process? In this case, you can use a professional tool like Wondershare at Clowdz. This dedicated software can easily integrate various cloud spaces and make data transfer enjoyable.
Saving Photos to iCloud
Many people wonder how to move photos to iCloud. The work is synchronized between devices from “Apple”. If you edit or delete them, then they will change on all devices.
While using Apple technology, a person may need information storage. How to save photos to iCloud, only advanced users know.
- Update your device to the most recent version of the operating system.
- Set up iCloud on all devices used.
- Log in to your personal account using your Apple ID account.
- Next, turn on the media library and send all the necessary information from your phone or computer to the storage.
If a person transfers some images to the “photos” section, then the content changes and is updated on all the equipment from “Apple”. When a user changes his mind about editing document graphics and wants to return the old version, for this, the original is simply restored, which is stored on his device.
transfer files using the web interface
You can upload images or videos to the cloud not only from official devices. Also using a browser on a Mac desktop or Windows. Before that, you need to activate iCloud Drive. To do this, you need to sign in to your account on the iCloud website using your Apple ID.
The browser must comply with all the recommended settings from the official user support.
To download information, you need:
- Move all the necessary documents from the home screen or computer folder to a special window in iCloud Drive. It can be in the form of a small office folder. The icon will change color when the desired file is directed to it.
- Click on the “Download” tab. This is the toolbars tab.
- Next, you need to select all the files that you need to download.
- Click on “Select”.
You can also email files from within iCloud Drive itself. To do this, you need to select all files to send and click on the tab with e-mail. A new email window will appear with attached photos or videos. Then you need to add recipients. Specify the text message itself and the subject. Then you can send it, for this there is a “Send” tab, it is located at the top of the right email window.
upload photos from iPhone to iCloud
With the help of the library, the user can work with files on all devices from Apple. However, not everyone knows how to transfer photos to iCloud storage.
- Choose a place where the photo or video will be stored.
- Make sure the operating systems on your phone or computer do not require updates.
- Set up storage on all devices. If it is Windows OS, then log into it with the same account.
- On the iPhone, you need to go to the settings, then click on the username, go to iCloud and activate it in the “Photos” section. In earlier versions of the operating system, you need to go to settings / iCloud / photo.
This way you can upload photos from your smartphone to the storage. If you delete a file, it will be deleted from all devices that use iCloud.
You can recover deleted photos or videos within a month.
iCloud supports all formats that Apple devices can shoot. Videos and photos are imported in the format in which they were originally created. These include: GIF, PNG, MP4, JPEG and so on.
All files stored in iCloud take up some space on the device and in the storage itself. If you have enough memory, you can send as many files as you like. By registering, a person gets 5 gigabytes for storing photos and videos for free. If you need to copy more, you can purchase a subscription.
For 1 a month, a person can get 50 gigabytes.
Following the instructions, a person will not wonder how to transfer photos from iPhone to iCloud.
How to move photos to iCloud. Solving Photo Upload Gaps
Uploading photos to iCloud is a very useful and convenient feature on your smartphone. The vault keeps your information safe and saves storage space on your device. However, for the average user, this may seem like a daunting task. When faced with difficulties, it is important to understand why photos are not uploaded to iCloud.
Why photos are not uploaded: the main problems
This problem can be experienced by users who have exceeded their download volume. This is a very common reason why photos are not uploaded to iCloud. The free version provides only 5 gigabytes. To get rid of this problem, you can purchase the required amount of space or delete unused photos or videos.
If you do this in the repository itself, then they will not be in the “Recently Deleted” section.
Also, the problem may arise if you use a different account. You need to upload files from the same Apple ID phone.
Download original photos and videos
Download copies of original photos and videos available on iCloud.com, iOS devices, and Mac computers.
- On iCloud.com, click Photos and select one or more photos or videos to upload. Click and hold the icon in the upper right corner of the window. To download the content as it was originally captured or imported, select Unaltered Original. For JPEG or H.264 files (including edits, and even if they were originally HEIF or HEVC) select Most Compatible. Click the Download button.
- On an iOS device, tap Photos and select one or more photos or videos. Click the icon and select the device you want to share. Find out what to do if you need help.
- On your Mac, click Photos. Select one or more photos. Drag content to your desktop or right-click and select Share AirDrop.
This is how it works
ICloud Photos automatically saves all photos and videos you upload to iCloud so you can access your library from any device, anytime. All changes in collections on one device are synchronized with other devices. Your photos and videos are organized into the Moments, Collections, and Years categories. All Memories and People collections are updated on all devices. This way you can quickly find the moment, family member or friend you are looking for.
The collection is sent to iCloud every time the device connects to a Wi-Fi network and its battery is charged. On iOS 11 or later, your library is also updated over the cellular network. Time to add photos and videos to all devices and iCloud.com may vary based on internet connection speed.
The My Photo Stream feature has been around for a long time on the iPhone and can be enabled on any smartphone model, starting with the 4S. Images will be uploaded to the cloud automatically in the range of a trusted Wi-Fi network. At the same time, no more than one thousand photos can be uploaded to the cloud within 30 days. When the specified amount is reached, the oldest image should be automatically deleted, making room for a new one, which will be placed at the end of the list.
The main convenience of this method is that the amount of photos sent to iCloud does not count towards the free 5 GB. In other words, 1000 images are stored for a month without taking up precious space. You can pull them out to the device at any time.
Method 1 Using a PC
How to download photos from iCloud to computer?
This question is of interest to both experienced users of the Apple brand and beginners.
There are several options for completing the task.
Using the web version of the cloud
This is one of the easiest options. It will be relevant for devices running on an operating system that does not belong to this brand. For example, for a PC or tablet on Windows or Android. In this situation, you do not need to install special applications. The main thing is to have access to the Internet.
Before you upload photos from iCloud to your computer, you need to make sure that they are synced and transferred to the cloud.
If this function is not available on your smartphone, you will not be able to copy images.
Next, you need to follow the simple rules from iCloud “How to download all photos”:
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the iCloud.com link.
- On the page that opens, register the username and password for your personal account.
- The service will ask you to agree to the terms and conditions of use, to confirm you must click “accept”. A menu will appear in front of the user.
- In it you need to select “iCloud Drive”. This will allow you to go to the repository where the desired photos are located.
- In the menu you need to find the folder “My photos” and click on it.
- All images placed in the cloud will appear before the user. To pull them out, you need to select the files and click on the “download” icon.
This method of obtaining information from the cloud allows you to download only selected files. Downloading the necessary images in one file in this case will not work.
Using an app on Mac OS tied to one Apple ID.
This option is much easier, because the cloud is already tied to a specific person and for its subsequent use, you do not need to authorize in your personal account.
Before you select a photo in iCloud on your computer, you need to enter the device settings, go to the section with the cloud settings and activate the function with photo stream.
A separate folder will be created on the PC where all images from the cloud will be downloaded. They can be moved to another storage medium.
Backing up photos and videos
When iCloud Photos is turned on, photos and videos are automatically uploaded to iCloud. They are not duplicated in an iCloud backup, but you should keep your library backed up. You can download photos and videos from iCloud.com to your computer and store them in a separate library, transfer them to another computer using Image Capture or Photos, or save them to a separate drive.
Devices with iOS 11 or later or macOS High Sierra or later capture photos and videos in HEIF and HEVC formats. Files in these formats take up less storage space at the same quality.
Photos taken on the iPhone, whatever the use of the cloud, will not go anywhere. Using the library, you can choose a setting that allows you to move the original to storage, leaving an optimized copy of it on your smartphone. The photo quality will be reduced only on a mobile device. In this case, the size of the image will be 2048×1536 pixels, which allows you to comfortably view it on a PC screen or high-definition TV.
- To transfer images from the cloud to the smartphone’s memory, open the “Photos” application. Switching to the option of displaying albums, we see a folder with pictures placed on the device (marked with the number “1”), and cloud storage, marked with a two.
- Opening the photostream folder, select the desired photo. The “Share” icon is located in the lower left corner. Click it to expand the full list of possible actions.
- At the bottom of the screen, two bars appear with installed applications and operations. Scrolling through the action menu, we find the icon indicated in the screenshot. With its help, the selected image can be taken out of the cloud to download or restore on a smartphone. The upper strip with messenger icons makes it possible to drop it to any contact from the phone book. If the available capabilities are not enough for operations with the file, the item marked with an arrow will open an additional menu.
- Using the horizontal strokes indicated by the arrow, you can sort the allowed actions in the desired sequence according to the frequency of use. After that, you can copy, add to the selected album or transfer the photo to another cloud service with one click of a button.
Method 2 Download to iPhone
If for some reason the use of virtual storage is not convenient for the owner of the Apple device, he can transfer the necessary information back to the gadget.
It’s pretty easy to do this:
- Before uploading photos from iCloud to iPhone, you need to transfer the necessary files to your personal iCloud account.
- After that, you need to log into iCloud on another gadget and select synchronization in the settings.
- All images will be automatically downloaded to the device. All images can be moved from this folder to another.
The above method will be relevant for those who do not know how to return photos from iCloud to their phone, or want to access images on another smartphone.
How do I transfer photos from iCloud to Google Photos ? Find the best solution
You may be looking to move photos from iCloud to Google Photos because there is no storage space left in iCloud storage. This is the most common problem for many users, and they end up choosing Google Photos to save and back up their images. If you want to know some simple and effective ways to do this, keep reading.
Method to Transfer iCloud Photos to Google Photos Manually on Android
If you don’t want to resort to using any third-party tool to move photos from iCloud to Google Photos on your Android device, you have the option to do it manually with a very simple method. Here are a few steps to follow:
Visit iCloud.com first and then sign in to your user account with your Apple ID password credentials. Click on the Photo Now option.
Select all the images you want to transfer from iCloud to Google Photo Storage.
Now click the Download button to save the images to your current device.
Start Windows directory now.
Select the “Users” option and then click “Pictures”.
After that, click on the iCloud Photos option to see the photos you just uploaded. From here they can be accessed for further process.
Now you will need to connect your Android device to your PC. Grant the required permission to use the connected Android device as a multimedia device to allow file and folder transfer.
Start dragging and dropping photos from the iCloud Photos folder and then drag and drop them to the Google Storage Platform on your connected Android device.
Let’s now take a look at some of the amazing features of this software:
- The best quality of this tool is that it allows for seamless data transfer between different cloud platforms and for different types of data. Such as transfer files from Google Drive to Dropbox and transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive.
- It also allows you to sync your datastore across different clouds, no matter how complex it is.
- This gives users a single platform from which they can manage all synced accounts and other cloud services.
- No restrictions on data traffic that you can exchange, transfer or sync between different cloud platforms.
- Best of all, the tool ensures complete security of the data stored in your cloud service, and no matter what function you perform, no data is lost.
Benefits of Transferring Pictures from iCloud Storage to Google Photos
Using iCloud to store your data has many disadvantages that might prompt you to move photos from iCloud to Google Photos, because the latter certainly has many advantages. ICloud has several limitations, for example:
- Direct exchange of images is not possible
- There is no possibility of shared albums for collective image sharing
- Insufficient and limited storage space
- You have to pay for extra space
So you can turn to using Google Photos as it is a viable solution for all your image storage needs and has the following useful features:
- The web application is much faster.
- It has a lot of storage so you don’t need to buy it.
- It is very safe and efficient for data storage.
- No limit on backing up images to Google Photos.
- It has many amazing features to help you play around with your saved images.
- Doesn’t give any unnecessary notifications.
Wondershare InClowdz. Best software to transfer photos and other data from one cloud to another
The methods of transferring data such as images, videos, etc., from one cloud storage to another are not that easy because of the many risks. So, if you are looking for great software to help you move photos from iCloud to Google Photos seamlessly, then let us introduce Wondershare InClowdz to you, trusted by users all over the world to transfer data securely. This software was developed by an excellent team owned by a technology company called Wondershare Dr. Vonne.
How to view photos and other data in iCloud
Installing the utility, I think there shouldn’t be any difficulties. The process is not very different from any other program. It’s almost as easy as installing iTunes :). After launching, we are interested in the item in the upper right corner. Recover from iCloud Backup File. Push.
It is proposed to enter an Apple ID (if you have no idea what it is. the answer is here, how to register. it is written here). After specifying the account ID. click on the arrow (next to the password entry field).
After the program checks the correctness of the specified data, it will display all the latest backups associated with your account. It remains to select the required one and in the “State” field click Download.
How to Upload Your Photos To iCloud. iPhone Beginners Guide
That’s it, you can go have tea and go about your business. The program has started downloading the backup. The process is not fast, the time depends on the Internet channel and the amount of data. I downloaded a copy of 1.5 gigabytes in about 1 hour.
After that, you will have the opportunity not only to view photos from iCloud, but also to download them to your computer. And also in front of you at a glance, all the information!
Note. to restore photos and other information, right-click on the data and select:
- Recover checker. recover all marked files.
- Recover highlighted. only this file.
How to view and download all data from iCloud to computer?
Hello everyone! There are no products that are perfect in all respects (although I really want to believe that the guys from Apple are still striving for this). No matter how cool, wonderful and convenient the cloud service for storing information iCloud is, there is still nowhere without drawbacks. And its most important inconvenience is that physically your data is far from you (where exactly?), And it is rather difficult to access them without a device.
But hard does not mean impossible! Now I will tell you how to view photos in iCloud (although this is not limited to photos only) without using iPhone, iPad and other iPods. Cool? Not the right word! 🙂 It’s time to start. let’s go!
- A computer.
- Know Apple ID as well as password.
- You need to have at least one backup copy of your device in the cloud. How to create. read here.
Everything! With the help of only one Apple ID, you can find out absolutely all the information stored on the iPhone, iPad, iPod:
- WhatsApp Correspondence.
- Browser bookmarks.
- ICloud Mail.
What is it useful for? Imagine an iPhone suddenly broke or you can’t turn it on, and it has everything you really need and need right now! Since the iCloud backup is created automatically, there is a high probability that your data flew to the “cloud” during the last charge. So you need to pick them up from there.
How are we going to do this? It turns out there are specialized programs that download iCloud backups and “open” them. Today we’ll take a look at Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS. The program costs money, and quite good money. 69.99. Trial version is present.
Free options to view iCloud content on computer
As I mentioned, there are other programs like this. Unfortunately, they are all paid and cost a lot of money. And how to view photos and other data in iCloud using free methods?
Here the user’s choice is not so great, but there are still a couple of ways out of this situation:
- Set up a photo stream. To do this, the iCloud control panel is installed on the PC, and the necessary option is enabled in the device settings.
- Use the cloud storage web interface. Notes, mailbox, contacts, documents are available. What about photos and videos? They will only appear if the “iCloud Music Library” option is enabled on the iPhone or iPad.
In the end, I would like to remind you. do not share your Apple ID with anyone. After all, as we have already seen, knowing the account data, you can do a lot. look at photos, correspondence, documents, other important information and all this is absolutely without your knowledge!