Digital Printing Apps for iPhone
- Apple airPrint. Perhaps the most famous application for working with printing. By installing this program, you can print from the iPhone not only text information, but also a photo, and you can do this in several convenient ways. An obvious drawback is the need to purchase special equipment, which in our realities does not seem to be the most productive solution. However, users have no complaints about the operation of the application itself.
- Handy Print. Almost completely duplicates the application mentioned above. There is a possibility of a test mode for the first two weeks, you will have to pay for further use. The obvious disadvantage is that for correct operation, you will still need a PC on which this application is installed.
- Printer Pro. This program looks much simpler than the previous two. It allows you to print files directly from your own explorer, just specify “open in” and specify the required program, for example, the well-known Dropbox. User-friendly interface and intuitive menus make Printer Pro so attractive.
- Epson iPrint. This program is developed by manufacturers of printing equipment. After installing it, the application itself will find all the devices to which it can connect and will offer to synchronize with them over the wireless protocol. The abundance of settings and capabilities make working with this program affordable and productive. If you are looking for functionality and manufacturability, then this is what you need.
- HP ePrint Enterprise. Another branded application from the manufacturers of the relevant equipment. Synchronization from the device occurs via the Internet. It is possible to work with cloud services, as well as queuing up for printing via e-mail. The menu perfectly scalable on a smartphone makes the application extremely convenient in everyday use. It is worth trying it once, and you will have a clear feeling that you have been using it for a long time. the menu is organized simply, clearly and ergonomically.
This utility is one of the most popular in PlayMarket. The developers were able to implement a lot of useful functions, including printing not only through the cloud, but through a direct connection via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB. You can print almost everything in this utility. from the list of calls to events in the calendar or letters from e-mail.
The application has a database of drivers and constantly updates them, which allows it to work with a wide variety of devices. In case of problems, there is no difficulty in finding the driver yourself and installing it forcibly. This is relevant when connecting to old printers.
An internet printer is a useful option. In this case, on the official website of the developer, you need to download the utility and register in it, then add the printer and give the application access to it. Thanks to the utility, users can configure print settings via a PC and can preview the document, which is very convenient.
The principle of the application is similar to “Virtual Printer”. By analogy with it, linking a Google account is required, and if there are several peripheral devices, then you need to set the one that will be used by default.
The advantage of the application is the expanded number of content sources. The user will be able to print not only what is stored in the memory of his phone, but even SMS, data from the contact book, files from Google clouds, OneDrive, Dropbox, photos from and much more. After installation, the application is automatically integrated into the “send” section, so it’s easy to print any file.
All about printing documents from your phone or tablet
Modern technologies allow you to print any information without a computer, from a simple text document to a full-fledged color image. The main thing is that, along with a smartphone, your printer also supports a similar function. Let’s take a closer look at how to print from phone to printer, and what useful applications you can use for this.
Printing equipment sometimes has support for wireless networking or cloud storage. This means that from any device, even if you are tens of kilometers away from the printer, you need to enter the cloud to which it is connected and send the file for printing. An important condition. the printer must be in an active state and be connected to the Internet.
Google’s official cloud printing utility. It will not only help you send the file for printing, but also give information about the status of the printer. you can find out which documents are in the queue, change the order or cancel the job. To do this, you need to sign in to the Google account to which the printer or all-in-one printer was previously connected.
The good news is that the utility allows you to work with multiple accounts that can be connected to different peripherals.
Printing is done in two ways.
- In the utility, click on the printer symbol and specify the path to the file that you want to print. The selection can be made through a third-party application. browser, file manager or gallery.
- In an application suitable for the type of file, open it and click on the “send” button, then it remains to indicate “virtual printer”.
Depending on the device, you can make various settings for printing, for example, specify the page orientation, paper type, print in color or monochrome, etc.
In terms of functionality, PrintHand is most similar to PrinterShare. The possibilities are similar, but there are differences in the interface, many people think that the Hand utility is visually more pleasant and understandable. She also knows how to print pages from the browser, documents, SMS, phone book and more. It has its own browser, file manager and gallery. This makes it much easier to find the file from the application. In addition to Gmail, the program also supports other sweat services and more. There is work here with OneDrive, Dropbox. Evernote, SugarSync and others. Another useful option is help with installing a new printer.
Through GooglePlay, PrintHand can be used to download official software for equipment from popular manufacturers, for example, Samsung, Epson, Canon and others.
Connecting over wireless networks is much easier. Basic condition: the printer must support this communication technology. A request must be sent from a phone or tablet to sync with a printing device. After a short compatibility check, both devices are synced and ready to work together.
There is no need to repeat the search process: once “making friends” with the printer, your phone (or tablet) will remember its address, and next time it will connect to it without any problems.
Here’s a quick list of the steps you need to follow to sync your devices over wi-fi:
- turn on wi-fi on your smartphone;
- enable wi-fi on the printer (all-in-one printer);
- wait until the process of searching for devices available for connection is completed;
- request a connection to a printer from a smartphone by clicking on its name in the list of devices available for connection;
- wait for the synchronization check;
- in case of successful synchronization, open File Explorer or the corresponding printing application on your phone.
The advantage of this connection method is its versatility. no additional devices are required. The downside is the greater chance of incompatibility at the hardware level, since systems may simply not recognize each other, which is much less common when connected with a wire. However, modern software manufacturers work a lot in terms of the universality of devices, so the problem of incompatibility will most likely affect devices that have been in operation for several years and have not been updated for a long time.
How to print PDF file from iPhone?
For example, if you are viewing a PDF file using Safari, click Open in… and select Brother iPrintScan from the list. When you print a Microsoft Excel file, a list of sheets in the file is displayed on the screen. Select the sheet you want to print.
How to print to a Canon printer from an iPhone?
- Your Canon PIXMA printer must be turned on and connected to the same wireless network (sometimes called WLAN) as your Apple device.
- On the device, tap [. or] (depending on the iOS version installed) to display the menu options, then find the [Print] icon and touch it.
Is it possible to connect an iPhone to a printer?
Can I print from an Apple iOS device when the printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable? Not. If the printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable, printing from an Apple iOS device will not work. The printer must be connected to a wireless network.
How to open a Word document on iPhone?
Open an OpenDocument format file in Office for iPhone or iPad
- Tap the Open button.
- Choose where to save your OpenDocument file, such as OneDrive, SharePoint, DropBox, iPhone, or iPad.
- Tap an OpenDocument file to open it.
How to print from a Samsung phone to a printer?
Select the file you want to print. Press the button to change the print settings. Bring the mobile device with the NFC antenna down to the NFC tag on the printer. After a few seconds, the mobile device will connect to the printer and the printer will start printing the file.
How to print from iPad to printer via USB?
- Connect iPad and printer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Find the document, web page, or email you want to print.
- Click the “Share” button (usually at the top or bottom of the screen) and select “Print”.
- The printer name appears.
How to connect a phone to a printer?
How to send a print to a printer from a phone
- Open the file
- In the upper right corner, click on the dropdown menu
- Select the section Access and Export
- Click on Print
- Specify Google Cloud Print.
- Click on the Print button.
How to connect iPhone to Epson printer?
- Download the free Epson iPrint app to your mobile device;
- Connect your Epson printer to a wireless network;
- Connect your mobile device to the same network;
- Send a Print Job Using Epson iPrint.
How to type in Word on iPhone?
Method 1 of 3: Editing a Document in Word on iPhone
- To open a Word document saved in the cloud, tap Add Place, select the cloud service, and sign in.
- To open a Word document downloaded from an email, click on “” and then select the Word document.
How to connect a printer to a computer via Wi-Fi?
- press the Wi-Fi button on the control panel. the indicator will blink.
- then you need to find and press the WPS button on the router, thereby you agree to connect the device;
- then the light on the printer control panel will turn green.
Is it possible to print from an iPhone to a printer?
Can I print from an Apple iOS device when the printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable? Not. If the printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable, printing from an Apple iOS device will not work. The printer must be connected to a wireless network.
How to print from phone to HP printer via USB?
- Open the document you want to print, click the menu icon. then click Print.
- On the preview screen, tap the down arrow to view a list of printers, then select USB: HP [your printer model name] from the list of available printers.
How to connect your phone to a Canon printer?
- Turn on wireless on your computer or smartphone. For Android or iOS, enable “Wi-Fi” in the device setup menu.
- Select “XXXXXX-iP110series” (“XXXXXX” is the last six digits of the printer’s MAC address) from the SSID list displayed on the device.
- enter password.
No AirPrint support. what to do
In this case, you just need to download a special application to your smartphone. We go to the AppStore. Next, we drive in the name of the company that released your printer. For example, HP. A search will immediately find the HP ePrint Enterprise Wireless Printing App. Then just download and install this application. The setup is quite simple. you just need to follow the instructions that the program offers.
Learn how to print a document from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
There are also special free iOS apps written by the printer manufacturers themselves, including programmers from Epson and HP.
Epson iPrint automatically finds and connects to compatible printers (see description for a list) on your local wireless network. This application allows you to print a series of photos from your library, documents from Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive accounts, as well as any other documents imported into it via the “Open in”.
Epson iPrint also has a built-in browser for downloading and printing web pages, and through it you can register with a proprietary online service that allows you to print remotely over the Internet to Epson printers that support email printing.
HP ePrint Enterprise is similar in functionality to Epson iPrint: it allows you to print to compatible HP printers connected to a wireless network, and also works with the cloud services Box, Dropbox and Photos.
If you are in the United States and do not have a network printer on hand, the ePrint app can send documents to one of 30,000 public printing locations nearby. UPS Store, FedEx Office, Swiss Post, etc. The appropriate branch can be selected directly in the application, and the sent documents can be placed both on the device itself and in the “cloud”. In addition, documents can be sent from your email address.
How to print to a printer from iPhone
Hello everybody! Today we will analyze a rather interesting, but rather popular question. how to connect an iPhone to a printer via WI-FI to print documents, pictures and photos. In fact, we have two ways and it all depends on the model of the device and how old it is. Apple now cooperates with most of the firms that produce printing machines.
For quick printing, which does not require the installation of additional software, it is necessary that the printer has support for AirPrint technology. You can view support for this technology in the documentation. Sometimes AirPrint support is indicated on the printer itself or on the box. In extreme cases, you can go to this link and see support for your model.
The second way is pretty trivial. you just need a special application from the printer manufacturer. We will analyze both options in this article. The article is suitable for all iPhone phone models (5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7, 7S, 8, 8S, X, XR, XS,) with any iOS system.
HELP! If you have any difficulties or questions in the process, then write them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев and I will help you. Just try to write as detailed and detailed as possible, since I don’t see what exactly is going on with you.
If you don’t have an AirPrint-enabled printer or an OS X computer, you can install the dedicated app directly on your iPhone or iPad. A good choice is Printer Pro (229 rubles) or Printer Pro for iPhone (169 rubles).
Before purchasing this program, it makes sense to download a free trial version of Printer Pro Lite to make sure your printer is compatible. This version allows you to print four samples of documents, check the functionality of the application and calibrate the print area.
The full version of Printer Pro works very differently from AirPrint or handyPrint. You will have to open documents directly in this program and print them from it. If Printer Pro is installed on your iPhone or iPad, you can print documents from Dropbox, PDF Reader and other applications by opening them in this program via the “Open in”.
Printer Pro has the ability to rotate documents, select paper size and print individual pages. much like printing from a regular desktop computer.
To print a web page from the Safari browser, just change the “http” to “phttp” in the address bar and click the Go button. After that, the page will open already in Printer Pro and you just have to click the “Print” button.
How to Print from iPhone to Printer: Popular Printing Applications
Technology is constantly evolving. It seemed that quite recently, in order to print out any information, you had to first write it to disk, and then look for a point at which you would transfer all this to a paper version. Many people on duty almost every day need to print documentation, various reports, abstracts and much more. But working with files on a computer sometimes takes a lot of time. Today it has become popular to use a smartphone for printing. This greatly speeds up the process, but not everyone knows how to print a document to a printer from an iPhone. Let’s consider all possible options for how to do this.
Applications from printer manufacturers
Let’s consider the option of how to print from “iPhone” to a printer using a special application. To do this, you will need to download proprietary software from the manufacturer of the printing device, install it on a computer or laptop. The printer must be connected to the same network as the smartphone. The most popular applications are Canon Print and Epson iPrint.
There are also paid apps that will help you print your file in any format. This is a big plus if your printing device does not have AirPrint technology.
HandyPrint is compatible with almost all printers. The only problem. the computer must be turned on during the printing process. In order to print the desired content, connect the “iPhone” to the same Wi-fi network together with the printer. Start the handyPrint app. There you will see all active devices. Select the printer with which you will be working. Click on the print button.
Many also praise the Printer Pro app. To make sure that the program suits you, you can first install the trial version, and then, if you are satisfied with the functionality, purchase the paid version.
Let’s take a look at how to print from an “iPhone” to a printer using Printer Pro. The full version of the application works as follows:
- Files for printing are opened through this program, not through a smartphone;
- If Printer Pro is on your iPhone, it allows you to print files from Dropbox, PDF Reader and other applications by opening them by clicking Open in
The program also allows you to rotate documents at any angle, select the desired paper size, print pages individually. this application may well become a replacement for a computer.
You can print a page from the Safari browser. Just change the beginning of the address bar from “http” to “phttp”, then click “Next”.
The page will open directly in the Printer Pro application. All there is to it. select the “Print” option.
AirPrint Wireless Printing
This technology is available for use on any gadget from Apple. Printing can be done both from “iPhone” and “iPad”. AirPrint is compatible with many modern printers.
Almost always, the pairing between the printer and AirPrint is established automatically, but if for some reason the connection fails, you need to activate AirPrint through the printer settings on your computer. To do this, go to “System Preferences”. from there. in “Sharing”. Find the “Shared Printers” option.
How do I print a document from “iPhone”? To do this, click on the “Share” icon. It is a square with an arrow. In the menu that opens, select “Print”. The printer is set up, everything is done correctly. Just select the device you want and click on the button to start printing.
There are applications that do not have a print function. How to print from “iPhone” to printer in this case? You need to export the desired document to a program that supports printing. To do this, click “Open in”.
You can cancel printing if necessary. This is very easy to do. In order to view the current job, double-click on the “Home” button, and then select “Print Center”. All tasks that are currently being performed will open. To cancel printing, double-tap the Home button and then select Cancel Printing. The printing process will be paused.
Google app printing
This option is one of the newest and most convenient. With Google Cloud Print, any printing device can be paired with an “iPhone”. How to print from “iPhone” to printer via Google Cloud? You need to establish an online pairing between the cloud and the printing device. To do this, simply go to your “Google” account from your phone, and then select the documents you want to print in the smartphone gallery.
Printing via USB cable
Printing from a phone via a USB cable is one of the most common methods, as it is convenient and familiar. And a USB cable, as a rule, is also a charger, which is always at hand.
The USB connection option is available to all iPhone and iPad users, regardless of the iOS version. And the owners of Androids must make sure that the version of the operating system of the device is at least 4.0. Otherwise, you will not be able to use this method and connect to the printing device.
Printers, in turn, must have an appropriate connector. If not, use an adapter. Either connect your smartphone to a PC or laptop and use the computer as a host.
USB can be used as a smartphone charger
The process of pairing the device to the printing equipment itself is quite simple:
- Connect USB cable to smartphone and printer respectively.
- Receive connection notification. It can be a beep or a marker on the phone screen.
- Then, using the previously installed software, send the files for printing. If there is no such application, install it. Recommended installation utilities. Brother iPrintScan, PrinterShare, etc.
- Press the “Start” button on the printer to start printing.
Important! If printing does not start, you need to check the cable connection, restart the application and then repeat the process again.
This is a free Google cloud printing application. With its help, the user can easily send data for printing. over, by logging into the Google account to which the printer or all-in-one printer is connected, through this program, you can receive information about the queue of files for printing, and manage the order of these documents. It is also allowed to perform various settings, etc.
In order to print data through a virtual printer, you need to do the following:
- Open the program and click on the “printing equipment” icon.
- Specify the path to the document for printing.
- Click on “Send file”.
- Mark the required printing device for printing.
iOS Basics: How To Print From iOS With AirPrint
Note! With this utility, you can simultaneously manage multiple printers from different Google accounts.
Information available for printing from a mobile device and tablet
You can print files from a smartphone to a printer in different ways.
If you have a printer with built-in wireless connectivity, you can print everything that is available for traditional PC printing from a mobile or tablet. That is, you can send any Word file, photos and pictures, archived files (regardless of the type of archive), web pages, emails, SMS messages, call lists, etc. to print from your phone.
Note! You can print this or that information from any modern phone, regardless of its operating system. This is because any OS, be it iOS, Android or Windows, supports the function of transferring data to printing equipment.
Digital Printing Apps for iPhone
To print data from iPhones, the Apple airPrint program is often installed. With its help, you can send both text documents and photographs for printing. The interface is quite user-friendly and simple. There are also no complaints about the application itself. However, Apple airPrint still has one drawback. this is the need to purchase special equipment.
Handy Print, Printer pro, Epson iPrint, HP ePrint Enterprise and others are also used for printing from iPhones.
Mobile printers are compact and standalone, have their own battery, and are very practical to use. Thanks to this, they are excellent travel assistants. Wireless automatic connection to gadgets. using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Its main disadvantage is the high cost of such equipment.
How to sync via WI-FI?
Wi-Fi data transmission is one of the fastest, most reliable and convenient ways. It is only necessary that the printer and smartphone have this option. In this case, you can even get a document remotely. Let’s see how this can be done using the example of a phone with the Android operating system:
- First you need to find the “Print” item in the settings menu.
- Next, select the item “Load modules”.
- The Play Market section provides a wide selection of modules for printing on various devices.
- You must select a Wi-Fi-enabled module from the exact same company as the available printer.
- After loading the module in the gallery, you can view the taken photos.
- In the special menu, select the “Print” item and point to the model, if several of them are found.
IMPORTANT! If the printer does not support Wi-Fi technology, then the printout will have to be done using a computer.
How to print from phone to printer
With the advent of high-quality cameras on mobile phones, users began to wonder about the possibility of printing photos and other information directly from the device. After all, thanks to this, important files can not be stored on a computer or a third-party flash drive. There are many ways to transfer material to the printer, which will be described later in this topic. You may need to connect your phone to a printer to print a receipt, for example. Or to get a picture from the iPhone.
How to print documents from your phone?
You can print documents from your phone by connecting it to a printer or multifunction device. All available operating systems have the ability to both wired and wirelessly transfer material, including sharing and synchronization via the cloud service. Photos taken with a phone are of high resolution and are of the same quality as those taken with a digital camera. When choosing a photo, you should know some of the nuances:
- You can make sure that the loss of quality will not occur by using the maximum zoom of the photo on the phone. This is especially true when choosing A3 and A4 formats.
- Images with a matrix resolution of at least 4 megapixels should be sent for printing. If the format is small, then 3 megapixels are also possible.
- If the photo is dark (for example, taken at night), the image may be difficult to see on paper.
- When shooting landscapes and general shots, the background may blur, which is not visible when viewed from a device.
- Expecting exactly the same image on paper as on the phone is definitely not worth it. After all, many budget or not well-tuned printers distort shades.
Files from the phone’s memory can be printed either independently on a laser printer or in a specialized photo studio using better equipment. The first case is suitable for taking quick pictures of a small size, and the second is chosen when larger dimensions and clarity of the image are needed.
How to connect a phone to a printer via USB
You can use a regular USB cable to set up printing. However, this option is not suitable for all models of printers and smartphones, therefore it is not universal. It is necessary to clarify whether the mobile device has a USB-HOST output. You will also need suitable drivers, which can be difficult to find. After all, there is not enough printing technology with programs customized for Android. In some cases, the installation of the “USB connection Kit” application helps. After the device has become visible, you can send any document to print.
The only company that has paid attention to the issue of data transmission over a wire is HP. With the specially designed ePrint app, you can see almost all types of printers on tablets and phones. Menus, icons, and location of print settings vary by Android version.
ATTENTION! The connection is made only via a fiber optic USB cable. It is he who allows you to transfer photos and other media files.
What documents can be printed?
There are practically no restrictions for modern gadgets, and you can print any information. For example, through the cloud, exactly the same amount of information transfer is carried out as through the wire. This could be:
- text file;
- digital photo;
- archive format zip, rar and others.
A good solution is to use cloud services. For example, this could be Google Cloud Print. By connecting to your Google account, you can get any document from the Google Chrome browser. You can download and install Google Cloud Print from the Play Market. It has simple settings and allows you to send any file from the device memory to print. The program automatically detects it. Then it remains only to set up printing from a phone or tablet, which may be hundreds of kilometers from the device.
Also, documents and photos can be uploaded to the Dropbox cloud service. Observe the following sequence of actions:
- Install Dropbox on your computer and connect your printer.
- Download the application to your mobile device and sign in to your account.
- Next, you should find and download a special script eprint.vbs and run it.
- Two folders should be created, one of which will contain the print queue.
- Load the document to be printed into the folder for printing.
- The printer will automatically find the file to print and start the process.
REFERENCE! You should be prepared for the fact that depending on the quality of the printer, the novelty of the cartridges, the printing method, a greater or lesser loss of quality is possible.
If you have selected the correct data transfer method supported by the printer and phone, and made the appropriate settings, then printing should go smoothly. However, there are times when this action does not take place. There can be many problems and solutions. Let’s consider the most common:
Check for ink and consumables. Replace cartridge or add more paper. Sometimes the printer cannot pick up the last remaining sheet.
Check the job queue. It is possible that old data has not been deleted and is getting in the way. In this case, you need to restart the printer and phone with the cancellation of all set jobs.
You can try printing a test document. For example, choose a completely different photo and text file instead of an image. It is useful to make a test print and see its quality.
ATTENTION! Be sure to check if the printer is paused and turned on offline.
What to do if the phone does not see the printer
In this section, we provide a list of the main reasons why a mobile device might not see the printer. If the transmission takes place via Bluetooth, it is necessary to synchronize the devices. It happens that the devices are not compatible at the hardware level and the systems cannot identify each other. This often occurs when using a modern, latest smartphone and an outdated multifunctional device. In addition, you should find instructions for each gadget and pay attention to the following points:
- Both devices must be turned on and connected to the same network.
- The smartphone must have the appropriate applications or programs installed.
- The printer must have the appropriate print option and support the selected data transfer method.
- If the connection goes through a cable, then check its integrity and contacts, as well as whether it is inserted into those jacks. You can try to connect another USB cable, at least 2 meters long.
- There are times when many printers cannot see the phone via Bluetooth if the cable is already connected. In this case, you should choose one thing.
- Check which default printer is installed. The wrong device may have been selected for printing.
With the help of modern developments, any information can be printed from the phone without the help of a computer. After all, many device owners use them as their main camera. In addition, important information is sent to the phone first of all, and it is often necessary to print it quickly. Every smartphone owner will be able to choose an acceptable printing method for himself. The main thing is that this option is supported by both the printer and the mobile device.
Wi-Fi and Apps from Manufacturers
We figured out how to print a document from an iPhone to a printer in the way that Apple offers. If the prerequisites are met and the printing fails, try the following:
- Restart the router and printer.
- Move the printer closer to the router.
- Install the latest firmware and manufacturers on all devices.
But how do you print a digital document from an iPhone to a printer if the equipment doesn’t have AirPrint support? If the printer knows how to create a Wi-Fi network, then there will be no problems.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the device to print.
- Open the iOS settings and go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- Select the network with the name of the printer.
Most major manufacturers have their own apps for printing photos and documents from the iOS environment. For example, if you’re looking for how to print a file from an iPhone to an HP printer, install the HP ePrint Enterprise software on your phone. She can print to HP printers connected to a wireless network, and also works with cloud services: Dropbox, Box and Photos.
There is also a special application for Epson printers. The developers did not experiment with the name of the program. Epson iPrint independently detects compatible devices for printing and establishes a connection with them, provided it works in the same wireless network.
Epson iPrint can print photos from the gallery, documents from Box storage, Evernote, OneDrive, Dropbox, as well as any files that are added to the application through the “Open in” function. The program also has a built-in browser with the ability to register with the online service and send documents for printing by e-mail to other Epson printers.
If you have a printer supporting AirPrint technology, then the question of how you can print a file from an iPhone to a printer will be solved in a few seconds. Before attempting to print the file, there are two points to check:
- The printer supports AirPrint technology. This information should be in the technical documentation. As a last resort, you can check the supported models on the Apple website.
- IOS device and printer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
If both conditions are met, you can start printing the document. Please note that not all programs work with AirPrint. So even if the printer supports the technology, the limitation may be on the side of the iOS app.
- Open the program from which the file will be printed.
- Find the print function among the general options (usually called by a button with three dots). The option to send to printer can also be part of the Share function.
- Select an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Specify the number of copies and specify other print options.
- Click “Print”.
Using the program selector, you can view the print queue and cancel jobs. these functions are available in the Print Center.
Send documents and photos from iPhone to printer
How to print from iPhone to printer without transferring file to computer? We use direct printing: there is a digital document or photo on the phone, but we will transfer it to paper.
Other printing methods
If your printer does not have a manufacturer’s software, you can use one-stop solutions. To solve the question of how to print a photo or document from an iPhone to a printer, try three applications:
- Printer Pro.
- Google Gloud Print.
HandyPrint offers similar functionality to AirPrint. The program is distributed as shareware: after 14 days of use, you must donate at least 5 to developers to continue printing files.
The program is installed on a computer with OS X. After installation, all computers connected to it will be visible on devices with iOS. This is the main drawback of the application: you can send a document or photo for printing only when the computer is turned on.
If you don’t have an OS X computer, install the Printer Pro printing app directly on your iPhone. Before buying the full version, be sure to use the free demo mode, which allows you to print four documents and calibrate the print area.
The program works a little differently than handyPrint. All documents that you want to send to print must be opened through Printer Pro. If you want to print a page from Safari, replace http in the address with phttp. the page will open in Printer Pro.
If you need a completely universal and free solution, go to Google Cloud Print. It can be used to make available for printing any printers that are connected to computers with Internet access and registered in the Cloud Print system.
How To. Print wirelessly from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
To send a document to your device for printing, you need to log into your Google account on iOS using Google Docs, Chrome or another browser.