Portable Printer Options
If you are in a rush or travel constantly, it may be better to get a portable printer. Wireless printers can connect and print your documents in the same way.
If you use Apple devices, make sure you select one that is pre-approved by Apple so you don’t have compatibility issues.
For Android, you can add your portable printer to the Google Cloud Printing app with no hassle.
Here are some portable printers that are suitable for the business traveler. Keep in mind that buying a printer should be considered a business investment, so make sure you get a durable, inexpensive printer.
Best Printer Apps for Android
While there are some third party Android apps that may suit your printing needs, it is best to use Google Cloud Print.This is the official Android recommended app that gives you the ability to print directly from whatever program you work in, be it web browser, email client or document management system. Instead of opening a separate app, Google Cloud Print lets you print directly from your phone or tablet.
There may be other printer apps for Android, but make sure you use either the Google Cloud Print app or your preferred printer plugin. Third party apps may not be the best way to go.
Apple’s built-in AirPrint makes it easy to print directly from any iPhone or iPad without downloading additional software to your mobile device.
- AirPrint can only be used with printers that are compatible with Apple technology, check this list to make sure your printer supports AirPrint.
- Make sure your phone and printer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then open the application you want to print from and look for the print option, which might be under Share, Print, or Other options. Click Print or the printer icon and select Select AirPrint Printer. In this example, we printed something directly from the Apple mail client.
- You should be able to easily identify and select the printer of your choice (or add a new printer), specify your printing needs (number of copies, etc.)) and submit the job to the selected printer.
If you are still having problems using AirPrint, make sure you are using the latest version of iOS and that there are no updates available for the app you are printing from.
If you’re using a Windows 10 device and want to print wirelessly, setup is easy.
- First open Cortana and type “Printer”. When it appears, select “Printers & Scanners”.
- Select Add Printer or Scanner. Assuming your printer is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Windows 10 device, you should have no problem finding it and adding it in turn.
- You can now print easily.
If you have a Windows 8 device without a built-in driver, here’s what you need to do for wireless printing:
- Download for Print Now ( 1.99). This is a Windows application that allows Windows users to wirelessly print via Google Cloud Print.
- Make sure your Windows device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your cloud printer.
- Link your printer to Google Cloud Print by opening the Chrome browser and typing “chrome: // devices”.
- Find your printer in the New Devices section. Click “Manage” next to it.
- In the pop-up window “Confirm registration” click “Register”.
- Go to Google.com/cloudprint and click Printers to confirm your printer is registered.
- You can then easily send files to the printer from OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, or your phone’s built-in media library.
How to print wirelessly from a smartphone or tablet
While the world is going paperless, there are still times when a printout is a must. As a last resort, this could mean printing directly from your smartphone. Fortunately, both iOS and Android support mobile printing without the need for a third-party printing app. You can send documents to any printer as long as you are on the same Wi-Fi network and know how to add it, which can mean flexible printing options for small and medium businesses.
Printing from a mobile device is easy. if you have an iPhone, this is a built-in feature that you can access by clicking the Share button on documents, depending on which application you are using. Most Android phones have printing capabilities. built-in, but if your device does not give you the ability to connect, you will have to download the Google Cloud Print app.
If you are interested in mobile printing to portable printers, here is a list of possible options. These printers, although a little expensive, can be a good option for business travelers who need to print on the go. They can also easily connect to your Apple or Android device for fast and efficient printing.
Wait a minute.
Turn on cookies and reload the page.
Google Cloud Print for Android
If you have an Android smartphone, Google Services can help you. A PC is required for initial setup. Then you will print documents without it.
- Install the Google Chrome browser on your computer and run.
- Click on the button in the form of three dots. It is above the bookmarks bar at the top right.
- Item “Settings”.
- Log in to the “Users” section. Both the smartphone and the browser must have the same login.
- Click on the link “Show additional”.
- Scroll down the page. Find the “Virtual Printer” section.
- Customize button.
- Select device.
- If the device is connected to a computer, it will be registered in your profile.
- Install the Google Cloud Print app on your phone. It is in the Play Market.
- After that, a new option will appear in the “Share” menu in Android. “Print”.
Some smartphones have this feature out of the box. She is often added to new models. To activate it:
- Open the settings.
- Item “System”.
- Section “Printing”.
- “Virtual Printer”.
- Select equipment.
- You can now print files via the Share menu.
How to print a file from your phone to a printer
If you want to print a document or photo from your phone, you do not need to upload these files to your computer. Transfer them directly to the printer via cloud storage, Google services, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You can also use a USB cable if the devices support this connection.
How to print a file from a smartphone.
HP printers. print wirelessly from laptop, phone or tablet
Use the HP ePrint App or HP ePrint Software to print to HP Public Print Locations. Standard print / copy fees may apply.
Cloud printing requires an Internet connection or a network to an HP ePrint-enabled printer.
Mobile devices require an internet connection and email. Wireless access point may be required. Separately purchased plans or usage fees may apply.
Internet connection required to access cloud services. Wireless access point may be required. May require third party subscription with separately purchased service contract.
iPhone, iPad, or iTouch using Apple AirPrint or the HP ePrint App
PC and Mac mobile devices with HP ePrint software
Android mobile devices using the HP ePrint app or HP Native Printing Solution for Android (Jelly Bean and later)
To download the HP ePrint app to your computer, you must manually sync with your phone or tablet.
Included in the firmware of select HP printers. Firmware update may be required to enable Cloud / Internet printing directly from Windows or Macintosh applications.
Printing devices built into Android include Kindle Fire HD / HDX, etc.
Not compatible with Windows RT tablets. Use the InOS driver.
HP built-in printing for Android is not available on Android OS 4.3 or earlier, except on select devices.
Although Wireless Direct connections can be used, Wi-Fi Direct connections are not supported.
Install google print driver for local printing via google cloud to print from third party application such as MS Word to google cloud printer.
Google Cloud Print is preinstalled on most Android devices, but you can download it manually.
- If you manually download the Google Cloud Print app to your mobile device, you will need to identify or add a printer that is compatible with your device and is on the same shared Wi-Fi network. Open “Settings” and find “Print” to add a printer.
- After adding the printer, open the application you are printing from and tap the three additional dots (usually in the upper right corner) to find and select the Print option.
How to print documents from your phone?
You can print documents from your phone by connecting it to a printer or multifunction device. All available operating systems have the ability to both wired and wirelessly transfer material, including sharing and synchronization via the cloud. Photos taken with a phone are of high resolution and are of the same quality as those taken with a digital camera. When choosing a photo, you should know some of the nuances:
- You can make sure that the loss of quality will not occur by using the maximum zoom of the photo on the phone. This is especially true when choosing A3 and A4 formats.
- Images with a matrix resolution of at least 4 megapixels should be sent for printing. If the format is small, then 3 megapixels are also possible.
- If the photo is dark (for example, taken at night), the image may be difficult to see on paper.
- When shooting landscapes and general shots, the background may blur, which is not visible when viewed from a device.
- Expecting exactly the same image on paper as on a phone is definitely not worth it. After all, many budget or not well-tuned printers distort shades.
Files from the phone’s memory can be printed either independently on a laser printer or in a specialized photo studio using better equipment. The first case is suitable for taking quick pictures of a small size, and the second is chosen when larger dimensions and clarity of the image are needed.
How to connect a phone to a printer via USB
You can use a regular USB cable to set up printing. However, this option is not suitable for all models of printers and smartphones, therefore it is not universal. It is necessary to clarify whether the mobile device has a USB-HOST output. You will also need suitable drivers, which can be difficult to find. After all, there is not enough printing technology with programs customized for Android. In some cases, the installation of the “USB connection Kit” application helps. After the device has become visible, any document can be sent to print.
The only company that has paid attention to the issue of data transmission over a wire is HP. With the specially designed ePrint app, you can see almost all types of printers on tablets and phones. Menus, icons, and location of print settings vary by Android version.
ATTENTION! The connection is made only via a fiber-optic USB cable. It is he who allows you to transfer photos and other media files.
How to print from phone to printer
With the advent of high-quality cameras on mobile phones, users began to wonder about the possibility of printing photos and other information directly from the device. After all, thanks to this, important files can not be stored on a computer or a third-party flash drive. There are many ways to transfer material to the printer, which will be described later in this topic. You may need to connect your phone to a printer to print a receipt, for example. Or to get a picture from the iPhone.
What documents can be printed?
There are practically no restrictions for modern gadgets, and you can print any information. For example, through the cloud, exactly the same amount of information transfer is carried out as through the wire. This could be:
- text file;
- digital photo;
- archive format zip, rar and others.
A good solution is to use cloud services. For example, this could be Google Cloud Print. By connecting to your Google account, you can get any document from the Google Chrome browser. You can download and install Google Cloud Print from the Play Market. It has simple settings and allows you to send any file from the device memory to print. The program automatically detects it. Then it remains only to set up printing from a phone or tablet, which may be hundreds of kilometers from the device.
Also, documents and photos can be uploaded to the Dropbox cloud service. Observe the following sequence of actions:
- Install Dropbox on your computer and connect your printer.
- Download the application to your mobile device and sign in to your account.
- Next, you should find and download a special script eprint.vbs and run it.
- Two folders should be created, one of which will contain the print queue.
- Load the document to be printed into the folder for printing.
- The printer will automatically find the file to print and start the process.
REFERENCE! You should be prepared for the fact that depending on the quality of the printer, the novelty of the cartridges, the printing method, a greater or lesser loss of quality is possible.
If you have selected the correct data transfer method supported by the printer and phone, and made the appropriate settings, then printing should go smoothly. However, there are times when this action does not take place. There can be many problems and solutions. Let’s consider the most common:
Check for ink and consumables. Replace cartridge or add more paper. Sometimes the printer cannot pick up the last remaining sheet.
Check the job queue. It is possible that old data has not been deleted and is getting in the way. In this case, you need to reboot the printer and phone with the cancellation of all set jobs.
You can try printing a test document. For example, choose a completely different photo and text file instead of an image. It is useful to make a test print and see its quality.
ATTENTION! Be sure to check if the printer is paused and turned on offline.
How to sync via WI-FI?
Wi-Fi data transmission is one of the fastest, most reliable and convenient ways. It is only necessary that the printer and smartphone have this option. In this case, you can even get a document remotely. Let’s see how this can be done using the example of a phone with the Android operating system:
- First you need to find the “Print” item in the settings menu.
- Next, select the item “Load modules”.
- The Play Market section provides a wide selection of modules for printing on various devices.
- You must select a Wi-Fi-enabled module from the exact same company as the available printer.
- After loading the module in the gallery, you can view the taken photos.
- In the special menu, select the “Print” item and point to the model, if several of them are found.
IMPORTANT! If the printer does not support Wi-Fi technology, then the printout will have to be done using a computer.
What to do if the phone does not see the printer
In this section, we provide a list of the main reasons why a mobile device might not see the printer. If the transmission takes place via Bluetooth, it is necessary to synchronize the devices. It happens that the devices are not compatible at the hardware level and the systems cannot identify each other. This often occurs when using a modern smartphone of the latest model and an outdated multifunction device.
In addition, you should find instructions for each gadget and pay attention to the following points:
- Both devices must be turned on and connected to the same network.
- The smartphone must have the appropriate applications or programs installed.
- The printer must have the appropriate print option and support the selected data transfer method.
- If the connection goes through a cable, then check its integrity and contacts, as well as whether it is inserted into those jacks. You can try to connect another USB cable, at least 2 meters long.
- There are times when many printers do not see the phone via Bluetooth if the cable is already connected. In this case, you should choose one thing.
- Check which default printer is installed. The wrong device may have been selected for printing.
With the help of modern developments, any information can be printed from the phone without the help of a computer. After all, many device owners use them as their main camera. In addition, important information comes to the phone first of all, and it is often necessary to print it quickly. Every smartphone owner will be able to choose an acceptable printing method for himself. The main thing is that this option is supported by both the printer and the mobile device.