This method can be used only in cases where you are completely sure of the printing settings and know exactly which printer is connected to the computer. It is important to know if this device is currently active.
- Right-click on the file icon.
- Select the item “Print”.
Printing starts instantly. You can no longer set any settings. The document is transferred to physical media from the first to the last page.
Thus, we have analyzed three ways of how to print a file from a computer to a printer. As it turned out, this is quite SIMple and even very fast.
We are glad that We were able to help you in solving the problem. Describe what didn’t work out for you. Our experts will try to answer as quickly as possible.
When printed, it is saved to a file, not printed
A computer can have multiple printers installed on the computer. Some printers may act as a Save to File or PDF function that saves everything printed to a file instead of the printer. If you’ve installed any software with these capabilities, the default printer may have been changed. If you want to print, make sure you select the correct printer before you start printing. You can also change the default printer so that the correct printer is selected each time you print.
There are drivers for my operating system
Newer operating systems may NOT support all older printers. For example, Windows 10 may NOT support a printer that was manufactured years before it was released. If drivers are NOT listed on the printer page, your operating system or your versions of Windows may not support that printer. You can try to install an earlier version of the operating system drivers, and it may work. However, for full support, consider purchasing a new printer.
How to connect a printer using a wired USB cable
If you receive this notification, follow the computer’s intuitive prompts and click the notification. He can do all the hard work for you. If your computer provided you with the opportunity to independently resolve all issues, follow these steps.
Download the Google Cloud Print app to your device.
- Launch the Play Store from your device’s home screen.
- Enter “Cloud Print” in the Play Store search box
- Select Cloud Print from Google Inc. Install the app
I can’t install the printer software on my computer, what should I do?
Technology can be extremely fussy, especially when it’s brand new and you expect everything to run smoothly. If your computer does NOT respond to connecting to a new printer, Prompting to install the printer software, here is a SIMple solution.
Sometimes it only takes a small direct connection to get it working. Your printer should ship with a USB cable, whether wired or wireless.
Connect the cable to the printer and to a USB port on your computer. Direct linking should cause your computer to recognize the printer and run the software required to complete the installation.
If your computer is still NOT responding, make sure you have enabled automatic device installation. Follow these steps to confirm or update your settings.
Access to the control panel
Here’s the Windows Start Menu, use the Cortana search engine to find Control Panel, just type Control Panel.
Find device installation options
In the control panel window, use the search bar in the upper right corner and enter “change device installation settings.” This will bring up a pop-up window with a printer icon next to it, which will allow you to change the installation parameters.
After clicking the “change device installation options” button, a new window will appear asking if you want Windows to load drivers and realistic icons for your devices. Click “Yes”, save your changes and you’re done!
The correct driver still works?
The downloaded driver may be damaged and need to be reinstalled. After uninstalling the current driver from your computer, visit the printer manufacturer’s website to find and download the most recent driver.
If you answered yes to all four questions but still encounter an unprintable printer, use your printer’s user manual for troubleshooting. They should be able to PROVIDE solutions to your problems and contact technical support.
About the Author: Tula Finley-Moisey is a co-author of HP® Tech Takes. Tula. Digital Content Creation Specialist based in San Diego, California, passionate about the latest news in technology and digital media.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- In Apple settings, select “Wi-Fi” to see all available networks.
- For smooth processing Make sure your iPhone / iPad and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (this is especially important in an office setting where multiple networks may be connected)
How to connect a printer to your Android device
Like their smart competitors, Android technology continues to evolve over time and gives people on the road even more freedom from their computers and desktops.
Thanks to Google engineers, Google Cloud Print has been created to provide seamless cloud printing. The app lets you print from your Android phone or tablet and can even be downloaded to your laptop.
Brother iPrint Scan
The application combines a printer and a scanner. You get full access to your Brother MFP from your phone. Devices released after 2010 are supported.
In some cases, the printing device you are using may not be compatible with your smartphone or Android version, even if it supports wireless technology. To check, go to the manufacturer’s website. If the machine is old, use a USB cable.
How to print documents and photos from your phone: a practical guide
Sometimes a document comes to the mail, which needs to be shown to the authorities tomorrow. Or is it a certificate that is needed in paper form. Or a poem in MMS that needs to be saved for memorization. But bad luck. there is a phone with a document and a printer on hand. And there is a computer. How to be?
For many people, the phone is the main tool that stores photos, books, notes. So I decided to write this article as a guide. In it I will tell you how to print a document from a phone to a printer via a wire and via wi-fi.
A SIMple application with an intuitive business interface. Prints photos, maps, Instagram posts, web pages. We could not find it in the Play Market. Can be downloaded from the official website of the developer. for instructions on how this program works, see the end of the article.
Click the three dots icon at the top of your phone browser and select Share. Then click on the print icon and you will be taken to a preview page with a list of possible devices.
Make sure you have Cloud Print, a dedicated application from Google installed. Nothing will work without it.
Select the device that was added in the previous paragraph. Check the pages you want and click on the yellow printer icon. After that, the files will be uploaded to the Cloud Print servers, and from there will be sent to your device.
For clarity, see:
Google Cloud Print for Android
Google Cloud Print is a virtual printer from Google. To work, you need a device with Wi-Fi, as well as a Chrome browser.
If your device only works over a wire, it will definitely need a computer connection. At my home, the Brother HL-2132R is connected to an old PC that plays the role of a server, and then I will show all the manipulations on it. I will print from phone Samsung A5 2017.
Add your printer to Google Cloud Print. You can access the selected device from anywhere in the world by logging into your Google account. This step is best done on a computer that is on the same network as the printer. In Chrome, go to Settings. Show Advanced Settings. Google Cloud Print. Then click “Manage”.
Also your devices are available at chrome: // devices /
Note! Cloud Print integrates with the standard Android Share menu so you can print from any relevant app.
In the New Devices section, find the printer connected to your network. Click “Add Printer” to link it to your Google account.
What to do if the phone does not see the printer?
The main reasons why a connection might NOT work:
- Printer incompatibility with smartphone.
- Incorrect software configuration.
- NOT a suitable driver.
- Software errors.
- Bad connection of cable and adapter.
Setting up the printer
- Make sure the machine is turned on and ready to use.
- Check the amount of ink (powder) and paper.
- Error warning lights should NOT be on or flashing.
- Devices Must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Printer must support wireless printing.
Please restart all devices first and try to print again.
Check that the distance between the gadget does not exceed the allowable air connection. Values vary and depend on the model, Target 20 meters for a concrete building with partitions.
Outdated firmware is another common cause of detection problems. Install the latest update.
If printing via USB, check the cable for possible damage. Also may buggy or waste OTG adapter.
Setting up the printer
To configure or change the default settings, you must:
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower right corner of the screen, then up and click Search;
- In this field, enter devices and printers, then click on it;
- The equipment that you will use will be named with the right mouse button, then select Use as default.
Using a laptop, mobile device or tablet, you can make settings for each network. Operating system remember all these settings.
You can also select by default different models on different networks:
- As in the previous case, click Search;
- SIMilarly, click Devices and Printers;
- Select the desired model and call the Printer Management Default;
Go to the Color Management window, you will see what you can view, change the default color printing values used.
- Click on Device Center, go to Color Settings, then Color Management. Here you can select the default options;
- If you want more Advanced options. click Professional settings;
- A window with an edit extension will open. Go to the option that displays the desired print option. Then click on the required value, then OK.
Basic Printer Settings
Before purchasing a printing device, you should familiarize yourself with the parameters that affect its performance:
- Today, two groups are most popular: laser and inkjet;
- Print speed is a measure of the number of pages printed per minute. Color and B / W may differ in speed;
- Monthly load. measured in thousands of pages. For office devices where there is a lot of typing, this is a particularly important criterion;
- The size of the memory buffer has a significant impact on the speed of work;
- The number and volume of trays that feed paper;
- Types of materials other than plain paper suitable for output: labels, films, etc.
- Types of interfaces: USB 2.0, PictBridge or wireless: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet;
All are good in their own way. But inks with dye, for example, there is a drawback. there is a possibility of spreading and short-term brightness of the color. Pigment inks are more durable, however, they also have a disadvantage. they clog the cartridges, which makes them unusable faster.
The most important thing is to fill each cartridge with the type of ink that suits it, otherwise, problems with them cannot be avoided.
Older printers required a lot of attention to connect to a computer.
It required connecting to a specific port and waiting for the operating system to do everything. Much has become easier now.
There are two ways:
- Setting it up as a network;
- Or print from a smartphone, tablet.
We will cover two main types of connections:
- Like a network
First you need to install the driver.
When installing locally, make sure the device is turned off, then, Connect to computer, and then turn on the power. Plug and Play makes it easy. the operating system installs the required driver by itself.
If this technology is not supported, you will have to install the driver manually.
In the first option, your actions:
- According to the instructions of the computer manufacturer, connect the device to the required port;
- Connect the printer power cord to a wall outlet. The system finds a Plug and Play device and usually installs it without problems;
- When the Found New Hardware Wizard appears, make sure you have selected Automatic installation.
Then click Next and Follow the instructions;
If Plug and Play technology is not supported, then your actions are as follows:
- Connect the device to the port you need;
- Insert the power cord of the printing device into the outlet and turn it on;
When the installation is complete, an icon will appear in the Printers and Faxes folder.
To use network type:
- Launched the Setup Wizard, select Network Printer
To install the driver, make sure the hardware connections.
Then follow the steps:
- From the Start menu, select Settings and then Printers. You will see a settings window;
Why is iPad mini not seeing Wi-Fi? Read here.
- We select the port. This is usually LPT, although some printing devices use a COM port;
This completes the work with the driver.
Printing documents and photos from a computer to a printer
Do you want to print photos or a text document? Of course, it is good to purchase a printer and connect to a computer. But this is NOT the finish yet.
It is necessary to make all the settings, do not forget to install the driver of this printing device, as well as additional programs for the correct operation of the device.
The combination of THESE actions will lead to the desired result. the ability to print. It is with THESE steps that we will begin to move towards the goal.
Black and white
You probably know, in two modes: color and black and white.
To install the second one you need:
- Go to the File menu, then Print;
- In the Print window, click Properties;
So, the current document will be printed in black and white.
Typing on a computer. Print text
Let’s look at how to print text from a computer to a printer using print options.
The first thing is to select the text or part of it and copy from any document or web page.
Next. select it. Then find the File menu and click Print;
In the case of printing a part of the text. check the Selected fragment.
If you are typing a Word document (such as Word 2007) first check for readability, grammar and punctuation errors.
On the File menu, click Preview (preferably), then Print.
In the window that opens, you can select the desired parameters:
- Page numbers. indicate which one you want to print (selection, current page)
- Number of copies. how many copies to print;
In general, there is nothing difficult.