Understanding the typing system with keyboard shortcuts is best done in Microsoft office programs. However, this method of printing files is also suitable for other text editors.
- Open a file intended for output to paper.
- Simultaneously press the “CtrlP” keyboard buttons. This combination activates the print setup menu.
- In the opened list of settings, set the parameters and click “Print”.
- If necessary, you can make a preview.
How to print text?
To date, several methods of text output have been developed. However, users choose only one method that is most convenient for individual use. But this does not mean that it is impossible to learn other ways of document output.
So, you can print a text document, such as a report, abstract or photo from a computer, using a combination of several keys, using the quick access panel or the context menu.
It is worth noting that each of the options presented has individual advantages.
How to print other documents?
The ability to print information from a computer is not limited to Microsoft applications. Almost all editing programs are equipped with this function. Most often, users need to print PDF files. It is in this resolution that working documentation, graphic projects and much more are saved.
To date, there are several ways to output Pdf files from electronic media to paper.
The most common is Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc, a free program that can be downloaded from any site.
- First of all, start the program and open the file intended for printing.
- On the working toolbar of the program, select the icon with a characteristic image and click on it.
- A window with settings will appear on the screen. First of all, you should select the appropriate device name, then set the required parameters and press the confirmation button.
- Immediately after this, the document will be queued for output to paper.
Another way to print a Pdf file requires installing the Print Conductor program. In the recent past, this application was not so popular, but today, thanks to the support of many formats, it has become in demand.
- First you need to open the program. To load the document, press the button with the double file designation. Find the required document for printing and click “Open”.
- In the menu that opens, select a printer.
- Make additional print settings and press the green button that activates the start.
With the ability to print on both sides, you can significantly reduce paper use and reduce the size of your text document. For this reason, most users began to pay attention to printers and MFPs equipped with this function.
To make a two-sided printout of a file, open the document, press the “CtrlP” key combination or in any other way get to the print menu. Next, select the required printing apparatus. Check the box next to the “Double-sided printing” function and confirm the actions.
Of course, you can make double-sided output on a regular printer, you just have to be careful, otherwise you can get lost.
- First, open the printed document and get into the print menu.
- When setting the required parameters, select the “Odd Pages” item and confirm the action.
- Printed documents must be removed from the output tray and loaded into the input tray. Then go to the print menu and select the “Even pages” section.
The main thing is not to confuse the direction of the material, otherwise the information will look upside down on each side.
This method of printing a text document can be used only when the user is sure of the settings and knows for sure which printer the file will be sent to.
- If necessary, you will need to manually activate the device by pressing the power button.
- Right-click on the “Finish” icon to output the file.
- In the list that appears, select the line “Print”.
In this case, the user must understand that the settings cannot be changed.
Users who are first faced with the need to print a web page are at a loss. They select the entire page of the Internet, copy the selected information, paste it into a Word document. Trying to move the image and compose the text.
But in fact, there are no difficulties in printing Internet pages. You don’t even need to take a screenshot of the screen. It is enough to press the “CtrlP” key combination on the keyboard. In the window that opens, set the desired settings, then click the “Print” button.
You can also display a web page in another way. To do this, each browser has a print function. You just need to open the required page, go to the browser settings and activate the “Print” line.
If necessary, set additional parameters, then confirm the action.
Pictures and photos
It’s easy to print an image or photo. It is enough to open the picture in any of the editing programs. Press the combination “CtrlP” or use the quick access panel. In the window that opens, you will need to make some print settings, namely: set or remove margins, set the desired size, in some programs it will be possible to change the color scheme of the picture or picture and even change the coloring. Next, make a confirmation.
You can display photos and other images using the context menu. It is enough just to click on the image icon with the right mouse button and select the “Print” line.
Open the document or file you want to print. Here, let’s take a look at LibreOffice Writer. the analogue of Microsoft Word. At the top, on the toolbar, there may be “Print” and “Preview” icons. It is advisable to make a preview before sending the document for printing. You need to make sure everything prints out correctly.
You can start the preview by opening the “File” menu and selecting the appropriate item.
The advantage of a USB connection is that the drivers are automatically installed. (driver is a program with which the operating system (read. computer) interacts with the device (read. printer)). Without a driver, you can’t print anything.
Automatic driver installation works even more efficiently if the computer is connected to the Internet. In this case, if the operating system (OS) does not have a preinstalled driver for your printer, the OS will contact the Update Center. There the driver for your device will be found, downloaded and installed with a probability of 95-99%.
How do I know that the driver is installed and that I can print? The OS will issue a warning or notification that the device is installed and ready to use. The connected printer can be found at
In my case, this is the first icon. Epson L800. You can get to the “Control Panel” by right-clicking on the START button on the taskbar or by pressing on the Windows X keyboard.
It happens that the operating system cannot automatically install the driver. In this case, please use the articles below:
- How to install a printer from a disk. (recommended as, most likely, you have a disk that came with the device).
- How to install a printer without a disk.
After the driver for the printing device is installed, you need to go and check its settings. It is advisable to do this in order not to be surprised at the printed result. We go to the already familiar address
Right-click on the icon of the installed printer and select “Print Settings”.
In the window that opens (for each printing device it will be different, but the principles are the same), set the necessary print parameters (quality, type, size and orientation of paper). If you need to print a simple text document and a bunch of settings scare you, like me, you can (at least for Epson L800) go to the “Icons” tab and select “A4 document. high quality”. For other printers, there should be something similar. When the settings are done, click “OK” and save the changes.
A universal option for sending a document to print is to press CTRL P on the keyboard. Works in most programs. In this case, you will once again have access to print settings. It is important here to check and specify the correct printer if necessary.
You can specify the sheets that you need to print by specifying the desired page numbers, separated by commas and / or by specifying a range. (For example. “1, 4, 10, 21-26”. 1, 4, 10, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26 pages of the document will be printed).
You can specify the number of copies and check the “Organize” or “Collate” checkbox. In this case, the printer will print the required sheets once, then another, and so on (That is, it will first print 1, 4, 10, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26 pages, and then repeat).
It is advisable to go through all the tabs and view all the settings, some may be interesting.
For duplex printing, you need to go to the device settings. For this there is a button “Properties”.
For Epson L800, duplex printing can be enabled on the Layout tab.
Save the settings, click “OK” and print the document. The printing procedure is very similar in other programs.
Here are some interesting links if you suddenly go to share a connected printer or your device supports Wi-Fi
To address this issue, the Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office software package will be selected. However, the described method will be relevant not only for this set of software. it also works in other text editors, in browsers and programs for various purposes.
- First you need to open the file you want to print.
- After that, you must simultaneously press the key combination “CtrlP”. This action will bring up a window with settings for printing a file.
In the settings, it is important to check parameters such as the number of pages to print, page orientation and the connected printer. You can change them according to your own preferences.
The document will print as long as the printer requires. These characteristics cannot be changed.
Printing a document from a computer to a printer
It would seem that printing a document is a fairly simple task. However, beginners are not familiar with this process. And not every experienced user will be able to name more than one way to print files. That is why you need to figure out how this is done.
How to print a document from a computer to a printer
The number of computer equipment is growing every year. Along with this, which is logical, the number of PC users who are just getting acquainted with many functions, which are quite often useful and important, is increasing. Such as, for example, printing a document.
how to print a picture from google images
Quick Access Toolbar
Memorizing a key combination is not always convenient, especially for people who type so rarely that such information simply does not stay in memory for more than a few minutes. In this case, use the Quick Access Toolbar. Let’s consider Microsoft Office as an example, in other software the principle and procedure of actions will be the same or completely coincide.
- First, click “File”, this will open a window where the user can save, create or print documents.
This method is quite convenient and does not require much time from the user, which is quite attractive in conditions when you need to quickly print a document.
This method can be used only in those cases when you are completely sure of the printing settings and know exactly which printer is connected to the computer. It is important to know if this device is currently active.
- Right-click on the file icon.
- We select the item “Print”.
Printing starts instantly. You can no longer set any settings. The document is transferred to physical media from the first to the last page.
Thus, we have analyzed three ways of how to print a file from a computer to a printer. As it turned out, this is quite simple and even very fast.
How to print a photo on a printer from a computer
Many users on vacation go on tourist trips, from where they bring a lot of impressions, souvenirs and many photos. Situations often arise when you want to give such a photo to your friends and relatives, and for this you need to print it. How to print a photo on a printer from a computer? To do this, you need to adhere to certain rules.
Rules for printing photos from a computer
There are a number of rules to make it possible to perform high-quality printing of an image through a computer.
- First, the correctness of the connection of the device itself is checked. The corresponding instruction can help in this. Then the printer turns on and checks if it is ready to print.
- The control panel contains a section for printing devices, in the list of printers that appears, you need to find the model of the printer connected to the computer, on which a special menu is called up by pressing the right mouse button, in which you need to select the item to clear the queue. A list of files sent for printing will appear in the window that opens. This entire list must be deleted. If the queue is empty, then no manipulation is required.
Important! Before starting printing, you need to insert paper into a special compartment of the printer and see if the cartridge is sufficiently refilled.
Printing photos on a printer from a computer: step by step instructions
Printing photos on a printer from a computer is done in three ways:
- By means of standard printing.
- Using the Paint editor.
- Using the Photoshop application.
This is a more complex method. You need to do the following operations:
- When selecting a graphic file, the right key of the manipulator is pressed, whereby the file is selected.
- In the context menu that appears, the item opens with is selected and the Paint program is selected in the list of programs.
- An editor window will appear, after which, by simultaneously pressing the “P” and “CTRL” keys, call a window with a proposal to perform basic settings.
- The window that appears includes the standard settings described above and the ability to adjust the printed image itself. Now, by clicking on the “Print” button, you can release the image for printing.
It is one of the fastest ways to print images, but with the least functionality. When selecting one or several graphic files, the right mouse button is pressed. A window will appear containing the settings for the preview of the printed image. Thanks to this method, you can choose:
- Size and type of paper media.
- The degree of quality of the printed image.
- The number of copies of the picture to be printed.
- How the picture will be located on a sheet of paper.
Printing is started by clicking on the “Print” button.
Difficulties encountered during printing
Often there are difficulties associated with the inability to print an image when the printer is running. The reasons for this are considered outdated system programs or drivers that need to be either updated or reinstalled.
If some errors occur during the operation of the printer, you need to open the section of printing devices in the control panel to check for errors. It is necessary in the list of devices to find a model of your own printing device, on which, by pressing the right mouse button, a special menu is called up, in which the troubleshooting item is highlighted. This will start checking the status of the device and will last for several minutes. At the end of the process, error messages will appear on the monitor screen with a proposal to eliminate them by standard methods (for example, by updating the drivers).
Important! You can reinstall system programs or drivers. Insert the disc that came with the printer into the DVD-ROM and complete the installation process.
If it is not possible to reinstall, do the following:
- When trying to print an image on photographic paper, you need to check the possibility of its detection by the printing device. For a start, you can try to transfer the picture to plain paper. Upon successful completion of the process, it is clear that the problem is the inability of the printer to recognize the photo paper.
- Performs nozzle cleaning. You can do this yourself if you have special knowledge or contact the master.
- The need to refill a cartridge that is currently low on ink.
- One of the cables may be faulty: USB cable or power cable. It is better to start the check from the connector by inserting a flash-carrier into it. The cables are then inspected for damage. Internal wire problems are best eliminated with the help of experts.
Only “advanced” users (professional photographers) will be able to use Photoshop. There are many complex settings in the used program, in which a simple user can get confused. The printing process is as follows:
- When selecting a graphic file, the right key of the manipulator is pressed, whereby the file is selected.
- In the context menu that appears, select the item to open with and select the Photoshop program in the list of programs.
- An editor window will appear, after which you must simultaneously press the “P” and “CTRL” keys on the keyboard.
- A window will open prompting you to make the settings. The program is able to support the standard printing settings and functions of the Paint application. But Photoshop also has an additional set of functionality that can improve the quality of the printed image and correct it.
You can display a picture on paper using any program capable of processing graphic files. Printing is performed by simultaneously pressing the “P” and “CTRL” keys on the keyboard. You also need to periodically check the operation of the printer, and before printing the image on paper, it is worth experimenting with the settings in order to improve the clarity of the printed photo.
What difficulties may arise
Very often the device does not print an image even though it works. In most cases, the problem is due to the fact that drivers are missing, or they need to be reinstalled.
If there are some errors in the operation of the device, and you cannot determine them, try to go to “Devices and Printers” to check the errors in the operation of the device. To do this, we find our printer, right-click, and look for the item “Troubleshooting”. It will take a few minutes to check the functionality. If Windows finds some errors, it will offer options to fix them, for example, download or update drivers through the developer site.
Reference! You can also reinstall the drivers through the included disk. Just insert it into the floppy drive and complete the installation.
If reinstalling the drivers did not help, check the following:
- If using photo paper, check to see if the printer cannot detect it. First, try to transfer on plain paper, and if it works, the problem is in the photo paper.
- The nozzles may need to be cleaned. Try to clean it yourself, but if it doesn’t work, ask the master.
- The ink cartridge may be low on ink and unable to transfer a high-quality image. Refuel it.
- If that doesn’t work, there is a chance that the cable (both the power supply unit and the USB) or the connector will break. First, check the connector by inserting a USB flash drive into it. Inspect the cables and connector for external damage. It is quite difficult to determine their performance on your own, it is better to ask an expert.
This method is a little more complicated, but anyone can figure it out as well. We do the following:
- Select the image, right-click on it.
- Highlights a window where you need to select “Open with”. Choosing an application
- After starting the program, press the combination of buttons “CTRLP”.
- Now a window opens. There it is proposed to make basic settings. In addition to the standard set of settings (listed in the first method), Paint allows you to correct the image itself. The document can now be printed.
Printing photos on a printer from a computer: step by step
There are 3 ways how to print a photo to a printer via a computer:
- Using standard application printing.
Let’s take a look at how each application works.
Rules for printing photos from a computer
There are some rules that will allow you to print an image of high quality through a computer:
how to print from laptop or computer to printer easily
- Make sure the device is properly connected. It is best to use the instructions for verification. After switching on, check that the printer is ready for use.
- Clear the queue. To do this, go to “Start”, “Control Panel”. There we are looking for the “Devices and Printers” sections. After opening it, categories will appear, select “Printers”. We display a list of printers connected to the computer. This also applies to virtual models (they are created by some applications to increase the functionality of the device). We find our printer. Press the left mouse button, and the button “View the print queue” should appear on top. It will open all documents that are in the queue. If the list is empty, you do not need to do anything, but if there are documents left in it, they should be deleted.
Attention! Load the required amount of paper in advance and check the amount of ink in the cartridge.
How to print a photo on a printer from a computer
There are several ways to print images on a printer. All methods have a different set of functions and are used in different situations.
This is the fastest porting method, but the feature set is minimal. We need to select one or more images and press the right mouse button. In the window that appears, select “Print”. Now a window appears with settings for the preview of the image that is being transferred. No additional action is required. This method allows you to select the following:
- Paper size.
- Image quality.
- Number of copies.
- Printer to be used for printing.
- Image location on the page.
Now it remains only to press the “Print” button, and wait until the documents are printed.
And this method is recommended only for advanced users. The functionality of the program is much higher, so you can get confused in the settings. To use Photoshop, do the following:
- Select the image and right-click on it.
- We select the section “Open with”. Choosing the application “Adobe Photoshop”.
- After opening the application, press the key combination “CTRLP”.
- We have a window open. Photoshop supports all the features of standard image printing and Paint. But besides this, there is another set of functions designed to improve image quality or some changes.
How to print other photos?
The process of printing photographs of other sizes in most cases is also not difficult.
Before you print an image at this size, prepare it. As a rule, these are photos for documents. Therefore, you can use the appropriate graphic editor. The printing process is practically the same as described above. The only difference is how the image will be positioned on the paper. Usually, several small photographs are placed on one large sheet at once.
Don’t forget about the preview option. This will allow you to make sure you did everything right before printing.
On several A4 sheets
Sometimes the image is so large that one A4 sheet is missing (for example, a poster). If you wish, you can also print photo wallpapers in this way, although professional large-sized equipment is usually used for such purposes.
In this case, click on the image to open the print window. Then you need to select the equipment, size and type of paper. In the “Layout” tab, check the box next to the word “Multipage”. After that, you need to select “Print poster”, set the desired parameters and start the process.
It is important to remember that only high resolution images are suitable for such purposes. Otherwise, the final quality may upset you.
You can also pre-use a service that performs not only editing a photo, but also dividing it into equal parts (ProPoster).
How to print a photo on a printer?
Printing a photo is easy. You just need to have the necessary equipment and suitable paper on hand, and also know the basic rules. Experts advise using color inkjet printers for such purposes. However, if the quality of paper images is not a very important point for you, you can print a photo on a conventional laser model. Let’s consider the nuances of creating photos of different sizes in more detail.
How to print a 10×15 photo?
First of all, it is worth deciding where the images will come from. Direct connection of the camera to a printer is possible using PictBridge technology. You can also print from a USB stick or memory card inserted into your computer.
You also need to purchase the correct size and type of photo paper. When choosing the latter, it is worth considering the recommendations of the equipment manufacturer. To print a 10×15 photo on a printer, look for paper with the same numbers on the package.
Also, sometimes dimensions are indicated in inches. 4×6.
The process itself is pretty simple:
- if printing is carried out from a PC, find the photo on it that you want to transfer to paper;
- by right-clicking on the image, select “Print”;
- in the window that opens, specify the printer model;
- select the paper size (10×15 or A6) and its type;
- decide how the image will be positioned on the page, think about whether you need margins;
- indicate how many copies you want to receive;
- confirm the specified parameters and wait for the process to complete.
it is worth giving some tips to help you take beautiful and high-quality photos from electronic versions.
- When choosing between matte and glossy paper, consider where the photo will be stored. If it will lie in an album under a film or stand in a frame under glass, a matte version is preferable.
- Regardless of the size of the image, inspect it carefully before printing. You may need to adjust the brightness and contrast, add richness to shades, remove any defects (for example, red eyes). Some modern printers have automatic correction options. If the equipment is not equipped with such an add-on, you can use graphic editors (Paint. NET, Photoshop, etc.).
- Please be aware that the image may not be as bright on paper as it appears on the monitor. If you are going to print several photos at once, first take one test shot to check the degree of match.
- Experts say that it is better to save images in tiff format rather than jpeg. This allows you to maximize the quality of photos when printing.
- Pay close attention to resolution. If you want to get high-quality images, this parameter should not be less than 300 dpi.
- Do not rush to insert the image into the album or frame immediately after the paper comes out of the printer. Leave the photo in the air for about half an hour for the paint to dry completely.
- If you want to print a photo from the Internet, you should first download it to your PC, and then proceed as described above. You can also use another method. In this case, you need to copy the image, paste it into a text editor, and then open it and send it to print.
- To print photos from your phone, you need to install a special mobile application, for example, Dropbox. In this case, you need to create an account on the PC. Then you just have to mark the photos that need to be printed on the phone. They will appear on the computer, from where you can start the process.
- With a Cloud Print Ready label on your printer, you can use any cloud service to print. You just need to register on it. If the equipment does not support this function, you will have to use a PC to connect the printer to your Google account. The “virtual printer” service will allow you to print files via the “cloud” from any device.
How to print a photo on a printer, see below.
Home photo studio
There are many features in Home Photo Studio. You can change the position of the photo on the sheet in any way, draw on it, create postcards, announcements, collages, etc. Processing of several images at once is available, and this application can also be used for normal viewing of pictures. Let’s take a closer look at the process of preparing an image for printing in this program.
- When the application is launched, a window will appear with a list of possible actions. You will need to select the first option. “Open photo”.
In the “Explorer” menu, select the desired file and click on the “Open” button.
In the window that opens, in its upper left corner, click on the “File” tab, and then select the “Print” item. You can also just press the key combination “CtrlP”.
Click on the “Print” button, after which the printer will print the image opened in the application almost immediately.
Photo Print Pilot
This product is less functional than Qimage, although it has its advantages. The Photo Print Pilot interface is translated into Russian, the program allows you to print several images on one sheet of paper and at the same time provides the ability to determine their orientation. Unfortunately, the built-in photo editor is missing.
To find out how to print an image using this application, follow the link below.
After the drawing has been completed, most often it is printed out or saved electronically for further work. Sometimes it becomes necessary to have a ready-made plan on paper, which will need to be discussed with one of the workers. situations can be very diverse. In the material at the link below you will find a step-by-step guide that will help you print a document created in the most popular design and drawing software. AutoCAD.
Printing photos on a printer
The utilities built into modern operating systems for viewing images for the most part have the function of printing the file viewed in them. However, the quality of such a picture on the output may deteriorate greatly or contain artifacts.
pdfFactory Pro converts text documents to PDF, therefore it supports most modern types of electronic documents (DOC, DOCX, TXT, etc.). Available to set a password for the file, protection from editing and / or copying. Below you will find instructions on how to print documents using it.
- pdfFactory Pro is installed in the system under the guise of a virtual printer, after which it provides the ability to print documents from all supported applications (this is, for example, all office programs from Microsoft). We will use the familiar Excel as an example. After creating or opening the document you want to print, go to the “File” tab.
Next, open the print settings by clicking on the “Print” line. The “pdfFactory” option will appear in the list of printers in Excel. Select it in the list of devices and click on the “Print” button.
The pdfFactory Pro window will open. To print the desired document, press the “CtrlP” key combination or the printer-shaped icon on the top panel.
In the dialog box that opens, it is possible to select the number of copies to be printed and the printing device. When all the parameters are defined, click on the “Print” button. the printer will start its work.
Printing documents on a computer using a printer
A printer is a great peripheral that allows you to print text and images. Nevertheless, no matter how useful it may be, without a computer and specialized programs to interact with it, this device will be of little use.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is a product from Adobe that contains all kinds of tools for working with PDF files. Consider the possibility of printing such documents.
Open the PDF file you want to print. To open the print menu, press the key combination “CtrlP” or in the upper left corner, on the toolbar, move the cursor to the “File” tab and select the “Print” option in the drop-down list.
In the menu that opens, you have to determine the printer that will print the specified file, and then click on the “Print” button. Done, if there is no problem with the device, it will start printing the document.