How to print from computer to printer. How to print a document from a computer to a printer
The number of computer equipment is growing every year. Along with this, which is logical, the number of PC users is increasing, Who are just getting acquainted with many functions, which are quite often useful and important. Such as, for example, printing a document.
Printing a document from a computer to a printer
It would seem that printing a document is a fairly simple task. However, newbies are NOT familiar with this process. And NOT every experienced user can name more than one way to print files. That is why you need to figure out how it’s done.
To address this issue, the Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office software package will be selected. However, the described method will be relevant Not only for this set of software. it also works in other text editors, in browsers and programs for various purposes.
- First you need to open the file, which you want to print.
- After that, you must simultaneously press the key combination “CtrlP”. This action will bring up a window with settings for printing a file.
In the settings, it is important to check parameters such as the number of pages to print, page orientation and the connected printer. They can be changed in accordance with your own preferences.
The document will print as long as the printer requires. These characteristics cannot be changed.
Quick Access Toolbar
Memorizing a key combination is not always convenient, especially for people who type so rarely that such information simply does not stay in memory for more than a few minutes. In this case, use the quick access panel. Let’s consider Microsoft Office as an example, in other software the principle and procedure of actions will be the same or completely coincide.
First, click “File”, this will allow us to open a window where the user can save, create or print documents.
Next, find “Print” and make a single click.
This method is quite convenient and does not require much time from the user, which is quite attractive in conditions when you need to quickly print a document.
This method can be used only in cases where you are completely sure of the print settings and know exactly which printer is connected to the computer. It is important to know if this device is currently active.
- Right-click on the file icon.
- We select the item “Print”.
Printing starts instantly. You can no longer set any settings. The document is transferred to physical media from the first to the last page.
Thus, we have analyzed three ways of how to print a file from a computer to a printer. As it turned out, this is quite simple and even very fast.
We are glad that We were able to help you solve the problem.
Describe what didn’t work out for you. Our experts will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Did this article help you?
How to connect a printer to a computer
Connecting a computer to a printer is easier than ever as we enter the age of innovative technology, but it seems like the amount, color, size and complexity of all wiring can get lost in translation. Even if you think you know how to connect point A to point B, it takes much more than just plugging and unplugging to get the results you want.
In our digital age, there are two types of printing. Wired and wireless, we’ll show you how to connect your printer to your computer, laptop or device.
Let’s get started.
First of all, make sure you remove the printer correctly from the box with all parts included for a quick and orderly assembly. Easy to go through the simplest part, blinded by excitement and haste, and even easier to skip the simplest step.
Once you’ve laid out all the puzzle pieces and are ready to set up, plug the two-prong end of the power cord into a conveniently located outlet. Your printer may turn on automatically, or you may need to press the power button to wake it up. This is where we come from.
How to connect a printer using a wired USB cable
If you receive this notification, follow the computer’s intuitive prompts and click the notification. He could do all the hard work for you. If your computer provided you with the opportunity to independently resolve all issues, follow these steps.
Open Windows Settings
- In the lower left corner of the screen Click the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- At the bottom of the leftmost column, you should see a gear icon indicating your settings. Window
Access to devices
- In the first line of Windows settings, find and click the “Devices” icon
- In the left column of the “Devices” window, select “Printers and Scanners”
- This will open in a new window a page with the first option being “Add a printer or scanner”.
Connect your printer
- After you clicked “Add Printer or Scanner”, Windows should detect your printer is connected via USB cable
- When your printer name appears, click it and complete the installation according to your computer’s instructions
That’s all! Your printer should be plugged in and up and running, ready to print beautiful pages.
How to connect a printer via a wireless network. Find your settings
- Once turned on and ready to set up, you need to connect the printer to your home Wi-Fi
- Although the installation steps vary by manufacturer, most modern printers will have an LCD screen, which lists the available Wi-Fi networks.
- On this screen Click around and find the setup page that allows you to configure the wireless LAN settings
Link my Wi-Fi network
- After accessing the local network settings, you will need to find the home network service set identifier, better known as the SSID
- You can find your SSID by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon located in the lower right corner of the taskbar
- Your SSID is also located on the bottom or side of your ISP’s router
- With the SSID selected, you are ready to enter the network password
- Onc After input, the printer is prepared for all printing operations
Find your printer settings
- Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the desktop screen to open the Windows Start menu.
- Find the link to the gear icon so that in the settings window and Click the “Devices” icon
Connect your printer to your computer
- On the Devices screen, you should find the Add Printer or Scanner option
- After clicking on it, the name of your printer. Usually with the manufacturer’s name and model number. Should appear as available.
- Select “Add a device” and your computer will do the rest to complete the wireless setup.
How to connect the printer to portable devices
It seems as if we are constantly attached to our favorite portable devices and rely on them for hundreds of daily tasks. New and constantly improving technologies allow those on the road to type with a touch of a finger. Need to quickly convert the contents of your 6 “screen to letters and images on a 8½” x 11 “piece of paper? We’re here to show you how.
How to connect a printer to your iPhone or iPad. Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- In Apple settings, select “Wi-Fi” to see all available networks.
- For smooth processing Make sure your iPhone / iPad and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (this is especially important in an office setting where multiple networks may be connected)
Find your printer
- Open the app on your Apple device that you want to print from
- After you get the document you want, tap the app share icon
- From the list of shared options, tap the Print icon and select your printer
Complete the task
- Your device will display a print preview page, which asks you how you might want to customize the print job and the number of copies you want to make.
- After you have finished entering information, click “Print” and the job will be completed.
How to connect a printer to your Android device
Like their smart competitors, Android technology continues to evolve over time and gives people on the road even more freedom from their computers and desktops.
Thanks to Google engineers, Google Cloud Print has been created to provide seamless cloud printing. The app lets you print from your Android phone or tablet and can even be downloaded to your laptop.
Add your printer to Google Cloud Print
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer
- Click the three dots located in the upper right corner of the browser window
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll down to Settings and click on Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to print and click Google Cloud Print
- Click “Manage Virtual Printer Devices”
- In the new window click “Add Printers”
- Select the name of your wireless printer after Make sure your printer is connected.
Download the Google Cloud Print app to your device.
- Launch the Play Store from your device’s home screen.
- Enter “Cloud Print” in the Play Store search box.
- Select Cloud. Print from Google Inc. Install the app.
Print from your device
- Open the file you want to print from your device (it can be in your photos, email, documents, etc.)
- Click on the three stacked dots in the upper right corner of the selected document and select “Print”.
- Select the Appropriate printer and touch the printer icon to complete the job.
Troubleshoot solutions to common printer connection problems. My computer cannot find my printer, what should I do?
This usually happens with older printers that are not quite compatible with your computer’s current operating system. If your Windows computer does not recognize the printer, go back to the Devices tab in Windows preferences. Click “Add Printers and Scanners” and let the computer search again.
If it still does NOT appear, the “Required printer is not listed” option should appear under the Update button. The Windows Integrated Troubleshooting Guide will take over the search for available associated printers. Once detected, Windows will provide you with the Corresponding driver to download to complete the installation.
If the troubleshooter still cannot connect the printer, go to your printer manufacturer’s website for a better understanding of why the connection is failing.
I can’t install the printer software on my computer, what should I do?
Technology can be extremely fussy, especially when it’s brand new and you expect everything to run smoothly. If your computer does NOT respond to connecting a new printer by Prompting you to install the printer software, here is a simple solution.
Sometimes a small direct connection is enough to get it working. Your printer should ship with a USB cable, whether wired or wireless.
Connect the cable to the printer and to a USB port on your computer. Direct linking should cause your computer to recognize the printer and run the software needed to complete the installation.
If your computer is still NOT responding, make sure you have enabled automatic device installation. Follow these steps to confirm or update your settings.
Access to the control panel
Here’s the Windows Start Menu, use the Cortana search engine to find Control Panel, just type Control Panel.
Find device installation options
In the control panel window, use the search bar in the upper right corner and enter “change device installation settings.” This will bring up a pop-up window with a printer icon next to it, which will allow you to change the installation parameters.
After clicking the “Change device installation options” button, a new window will appear asking if you want Windows to load drivers and realistic icons for your devices. Click “Yes”, save your changes and you’re done!
My device cannot print over the network, what should I do?
You have completed each step, but your print job is stuck in a dangling state. Make sure everything is plugged in, turned on and ready to go. This to-do list should glue all the pieces together.
Is the printer connected correctly?
This can be over USB for wired printers or over Wi-Fi for wireless printers.
The printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network?
Check your printer’s wireless LAN settings again to make sure it is connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Take a look at your router to confirm the SSID and password and try re-entering the network information into the printer.
The printer is too far away?
While we would like our devices to work flawlessly from anywhere in our home or office, the reality is that the closer you are to the source, the better your device will respond. Try to print the print job closer again, or try moving the printer closer to the wireless router.
The correct driver still works?
The downloaded driver may be damaged and need to be reinstalled. After uninstalling the current driver from your computer, visit the printer manufacturer’s website to find and download the most recent driver.
If you answered yes to all four questions but still encounter an unprintable printer, use your printer’s user manual for troubleshooting. They should be able to PROVIDE solutions to your problems and contact technical support.
About the author: Tulie Finley-Moise. Article author for HP® Tech Takes. Tula. Digital content creation specialist from San Diego, California, and his passion for the latest news in technology and digital media.
Popular HP printers
How to print a document, image, or other file
Updated: 06/18/2020, Computer Hope
Each file and document, as well as the programs used to open them, is different. Thus, we can only give a basic overview of the printing steps. These steps are general guidelines and may NOT apply to the document or file you are trying to print. However, many programs use the standard printing method.
Steps to print a document, image, or second file
Before attempting any of the following steps, consider using the Ctrl P keyboard shortcut on a PC or Cmd P on an Apple computer.
- Open the document or file you want to print.
- At the top of the program window, find the print icon, which should resemble any of the following icons. As you can see in the picture below, each of the icons resembles a printer with a letter of paper.
- Open the document or file you want to print.
- At the top of the program or browser window you are using, open the file menu by clicking File. And then Print from the dropdown menu.
After completing any of the above parameters, a window opens. Print properties. In which you can specify additional print parameters (for example, the number of copies). After selecting options Click Ok or Print. To start the printing process.
Print selected text or an image from a web page on the Internet
For print-friendly pages like Computer Hope, when you print the page, all navigation menus and other Unimportant sections are automatically deleted. If you come across a web page that is Not printable, or if you only want to print part of a page or image, perform the following actions.
Print selected text
All browsers support the ability to print selected text. Select the text you want to print on the page and press Ctrl P on your PC or Cmd P on your Apple computer to open print options. In the print settings window, choose from the available options “Selection Only” or “Selection”.
You may need to click Additional settings or Extra options. Before there is a choice.
Print only picture from web page
To print only the image contained in the web page, we recommend opening the same image. To do this Right-click the image and select “Open Image in New Tab” or “Open Image”. When the image is displayed by itself, press Ctrl P on PC or Cmd P on Apple computer to start printing process, you can try these steps right now in the image below.
When printed, it is saved to a file, not printed
A computer can have multiple printers installed on the computer. Some printers can act as a save to file or PDF function that saves everything printed to a file rather than to the printer. If you installed any software with these capabilities, the default printer may have been changed. If you want to print, make sure you select the correct printer before you start printing. You can also change the default printer so that the correct printer is selected each time you print.
I cannot print because other print jobs are waiting to be printed
If the product is not turned on and is not online or ready, all print jobs are sent to the print queue and wait until the product is ready. When the printer is ready, all available jobs should resume. If jobs DO NOT resume, either the device is not ready or there is another problem. You can check for a problem by either restarting the print job, canceling all other print jobs and then trying again.
If you are trying to print to a network printer, you cannot print unless the device is connected to the network. If the printer is turned off and not connected to a network, or if there is another network problem, the printer appears as disconnected.
If you still cannot print
Some programs (often only older ones) may also use the keyboard screen or the prt scrn key to print. If your program does not work with the previous steps, try pressing this key to print the document or file.
Finally, if you can find a print option but it is grayed out or you get an error, you are probably having problems with the printer or its drivers.
HP printers. Wireless printing from laptop, phone or tablet
Use the HP ePrint App or HP ePrint Software to print to HP Public Print Locations. Standard print / copy fees may apply.
Cloud printing requires an Internet connection or network to an HP ePrint-enabled printer.
Mobile devices require an internet connection and email. Wireless access point may be required. Separately purchased plans or usage fees may apply.
Internet connection required to access cloud services. Wireless access point may be required. May require third party subscription with separately purchased service contract.
Iphone, iPad, or iTouch using Apple AirPrint or the HP ePrint App
PC and Mac mobile devices with HP ePrint software
Android mobile devices with the HP ePrint app or HP Native Printing Solution for Android (Jelly Bean and later)
To download the HP ePrint app to your computer, you must manually sync with your phone or tablet.
Included in firmware on select HP printers. Firmware upgrade may be required to enable Cloud / Internet printing directly from Windows or Macintosh applications.
Android built-in printing devices include Kindle Fire HD / HDX, etc.
NOT compatible with Windows RT tablets. Use the InOS driver.
HP Android Embedded Printing is not available on Android 4.3 or earlier, except on Select Devices.
Although Wireless Direct connections can be used, Wi-Fi Direct connections are NOT supported.
Install Google Print Driver for local printing via Google Cloud to print from a third party application such as MS Word to Google Cloud Printer.
How to set up and install a computer printer
Updated: 05/16/2020, Computer Hope
The computer device will not work unless you install the supplied drivers and software. If you’ve lost your printer CD, you can download the drivers for your printer and use them to install your printer. A list of printer manufacturers and links to their associated driver download pages can be found on our printer drivers page.
Connecting the Printer to a Computer
Connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable, parallel cable, or SCSI cable, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.Today, most home computer printers use a USB cable like the one shown in the example.
A laptop computer works just like a desktop computer and can use any of the above connections if available.
Smartphone and tablet users Must have a printer that connects to devices wirelessly or over the Internet for printing.
Turning on the printer
Once the printer is connected to your computer, you can turn it on by using the power button on the front of the printer, usually located in the front right corner of the printer. However, the location of the buttons depends on the type of your printer. Older laser printers may even have a power switch in one of the rear bottom corners of the printer.
Printer setup and software installation
After connecting and turning on the printer, you need to install the software and printer drivers. Each printer must be treated with the software used to install the printer in Windows or your operating system.
- After everything is connected, turn on the computer.
- Insert the CD that came with your printer. If the CD does not start automatically, open My Computer, double-click the CD, and then Click the Setup or Install file. If you downloaded the drivers, run the downloaded installation file.
- Follow the instructions of the installation wizard and once completed, your software will be installed.
- Check your printer to make sure it works.
Computer without CD-ROM drive
If your computer has a floppy drive or you have lost your CD, you can download the software for your printer from the manufacturer’s printer page. After downloading the drivers, you can run the file to install the drivers.
There are drivers for my operating system
Newer operating systems may NOT support all older printers. For example, Windows 10 may NOT support a printer that was manufactured years before it was released. If drivers are NOT listed on the printer page, your operating system or your versions of Windows may not support that printer. You can try to install an earlier version of the operating system drivers, and it may work. However, for full support, consider purchasing a new printer.
Installing a Printer Using Drivers Only
If you only want the printer to be installed and not any additional software, you can install the printer driver by following these steps.
A list of printer drivers and software is on our printer drivers page.
If you installed the printer by following the above steps, THESE steps are necessary unless you encounter errors.
- Open the control panel when connecting and turning on the printer.
- From the control panel, double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- In the Printers window Click the Add Printer icon.
- After following the above steps, see. Windows Printer Wizard. Click Next. To start the wizard.
- Then you have a choice: install the printer Local or Network. If the printer connects directly to your computer, select Local printer connected to this computer and click Next.
- When prompted for the location of the printer driver, browse to the driver directory or browse to the printer CD.
After installing the printer, you can use Windows to print a self-test page to test printer operation.
How to Print from Android Phone to Printer
Author: Yuri Belousov 07/18/2019
Topic: how to print a document, photo, text from Android phone to printer via Wi-Fi, USB or computer.
Despite the fact that we live in the age of digital technologies and paper media are gradually losing their relevance, they still have NOT completely outlived their usefulness. And sometimes people still have to face the need to print a document or photo. But now it is much easier to do it, there is a need to use auxiliary intermediate means or devices in the form of a computer, laptop, USB-stick or a second removable drive. You can easily print from Android phone to printer directly. And in this article we will figure out how to do it.
How to print from Android phone to printer
There are several ways to print from Android phone to printer:
- Using Google Drive and the Cloud Print app;
- Using a proprietary application;
- Using universal apps.
Printing from Google Drive with “virtual printers
Next, using an example of a photo, we will consider how to print from an Android phone to a printer using the cloudy Google storage and the “Virtual Printers” application.
You need a Google account to use Google Drive. If you do not have it, then you should register. And also. a virtual printer connected to the account.
Instructions for setting up printing to a printer via an Android smartphone:
- Install the “Virtual Printer” plugin on your mobile device;
- Open image gallery;
- Select the desired photo;
- Press the “Share” button;
- Select the item “Save to disk”;
- Open Google Drive;
- Open a photo to be printed;
- Open the context menu by clicking on the icon with 3 vertical dots;
- Select “Print”;
- Click “Select printer” and, if necessary, specify the number of copies, as well as the paper size;
- Click “Add printer”;
- Select the “Virtual Printers” printing service;
- Wait for the search for printers, or add manually;
- The results found will display all printers that are connected to the “Virtual Printers” service, as well as printers that are located in the same local network with a mobile device.
- You need to select the desired printer, after which the photo will be sent for printing.
If after the search, the notification “There are printers in the list” is displayed, then you need to connect the printer to the “Virtual Printers” service (link to instructions).
If the printer is on a local network, make sure the mobile device is also on this local network.
When working with documents, as a rule, programs already have a built-in function of sending to print, so there is a need to use Google Drive.
The advantage of using the “Virtual Printer” application is that the device and the device do not need to be located on the same local network or Wi-Fi network, you can send a document or photo to print to a printer located in another part of the world.
Printer software for Android
Most smartphones from well-known manufacturers already have modules and print services from Android in their arsenal.
For some, it is necessary to install printing programs on the printer for Android.
They are branded and universal.
Branded applications for printing from Android phone to printer: download
For printers of well-known brands such as HP, Canon, Epson, Samsung and others, there are branded applications for printing from Android devices.
They are much more functional than “Virtual Printers” from Google, they have more settings and different configurations for printing documents and photos.
Universal Android Print Apps: Download
There are also universal Android applications with which you can print information to a printer. As a rule, they are paid and cost 100-300 rubles.
Before purchasing a license key, users have the opportunity to test printing in a test mode to make sure that the application is compatible with the printer.
How to connect a printer to an Android phone or tablet
There are several ways to connect the printer to Android devices:
- Using a USB cable;
- Via computer.
Different types of printers, as well as different applications, can support one or several types of connection, or all at once. For more information, refer to the manual for your printer model, as well as the description for the selected application.
Connecting Android Phone to Printer Using USB Cable
Connecting an Android phone or tablet to a printer via USB is the easiest way to print. Modern office equipment already has built-in components for creating a connection between a mobile device and a printer, scanner.
To connect to older models, you need to use Android apps. Best of all. proprietary applications from the printer manufacturer. If the branded application does not support USB printing, then you can use universal.
Connecting your phone to a printer via Bluetooth
Some of the above Android applications allow you to connect between a smartphone and a printer via a Bluetooth connection.
This requires a Bluetooth interface supported by the printer.
Connecting a mobile phone to a printer via Wi-Fi
One of the most convenient technologies for connecting to a printer from a mobile phone is wireless Wi-Fi. Its advantage is that it is not necessary to be physically close to the printer to print. Also, no wires are needed to connect with the device.
What is needed to connect an Android phone to a printer via Wi-Fi:
- The printer has a Wi-Fi adapter;
- Connect your mobile device and printer to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Install Android application to connect to a printer.
Connecting the phone to the printer via a computer
One of the easiest ways to connect a mobile phone or tablet to a printer via a computer is to use Google’s virtual printer service, which was discussed at the beginning of the article.
I hope the article “How to print a document, photo, SMS-correspondence, text, contacts from an Android phone to a printer” was useful to you.
Didn’t find the answer? Then use the search form:
Send documents and photos from iPhone to printer
How to print from iPhone to printer without transferring file to computer? We use direct printing: there is a digital document or photo on the phone, but we will transfer it to paper.
If you have a printer supporting AirPrint technology, then the question of how you can print a file from an iPhone to a printer will be solved in a few seconds. Before trying to print a file, check two points:
- The printer supports AirPrint technology. This information should be in the technical documentation. As a last resort, you can check the supported models on the Apple website.
- IOS device and printer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
If both conditions are met, you can start printing the document. Please note: not all programs can work with AirPrint. So even if the printer supports the technology, the limitation may be on the side of the iOS app.
- Open the program from which the file will be printed.
- Find the print function among the general options (usually called by a button with three dots). The send to printer option can also be part of the Share function.
- Select an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Specify the number of copies and specify other print options.
- Click “Print”.
Using the program selector, you can View the print queue and cancel jobs. these functions are available in the Print Center.
Wi-Fi and Apps from Manufacturers
We figured out how to print a document from an iPhone to a printer in the way that Apple suggests. If the conditions you want are met, but printing does not occur, try the following:
- Restart the router and printer.
- Move the printer closer to the router.
- Install the latest firmware and manufacturers on all devices.
But how do you print a digital document from an iPhone to a printer if the equipment has AirPrint support? If the printer knows how to create a Wi-Fi network, then there will be no problems.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the device to print.
- Open iOS settings and go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- Select the network with the printer name.
Most major manufacturers have their own apps for printing photos and documents from the iOS environment. For example, if you’re looking for how to print a file from iPhone to an HP printer, install the HP ePrint Enterprise software on your phone. She can print to HP printers connected to a wireless network, and also works with cloud services: Dropbox, Box and Photos.
There is also a special application for Epson printers. The developers did not experiment with the name of the program. Epson iPrint independently detects compatible devices for printing and establishes a connection with them, provided it works in the same wireless network.
Epson iPrint can print photos from the gallery, documents from Box storages, Evernote, OneDrive, Dropbox, as well as any files that are added to the application through the “Open in.” function. The programs also have a built-in browser with the ability to register in the online service and send documents for printing by e-mail to other Epson printers.
Other printing methods
If your printer has software from the manufacturer, you can use one-stop solutions. To solve the question of how to print a photo or document from an iPhone to a printer, try three applications:
- Printer Pro.
- Google Gloud Print.
Handyprint offers functionality similar to AirPrint. The program is distributed shareware: after 14 days of use, you need to donate at least 5 to developers to continue printing files.
The program is installed on a computer with OS X. After installation, all computers connected to it will be visible on devices with iOS. This is the main drawback of the application: you can send a document or photo for printing only when the computer is turned on.
If you have an OS X computer, install the Printer Pro printing application directly on your iPhone. Before buying the full version, be sure to use the free demo mode, which allows you to print four documents and calibrate the print area.
The program works a little differently than handyPrint. All documents that you want to send to print must be opened through Printer Pro. If you want to print a page from Safari, replace http with phttp in the address. the page will open in Printer Pro.
If you need a completely universal and free solution, go to Google Cloud Print. With its help, you can make available for printing any printers that are connected to computers with Internet access and registered in the Cloud Print system.
To send a document to your device for printing, you need to log into your Google account on iOS through Google Docs, Chrome or another browser.
Rules for printing documents on a printer
Printing is one of the simplest computer-related activities. However, it also harbors a lot of interesting surprises that even experienced users do not know. We are ready to reveal some of them.
Work with text
Typically, the user types in MS Word or a built-in notepad from a computer (laptop). It is recommended to carry out our plans in two simple ways.
- Sequentially goes through the tabs “File”. “Print”. “Settings”.
- Use the “hot keys” (press Ctrl and P at the same time), which will make it possible to do without the settings of the top menu.
Before sending it directly, it is recommended to pay attention to the preview, the function of the same name is displayed along with the text of the case. The following settings may come in handy:
- Specify the required number of copies;
- Selection of a separate area of text or pages for printing;
- Type (simplex or duplex printing)
- Orientation (portrait or landscape)
- Required format (usually A3, A4, A5 are standard)
- Field sizes and other parameters.
If all this is not done, then by default a A4 document with a portrait orientation will be printed in the amount of one copy.
How to print a PDF file
A text document can also be presented in a common PDF format. To open it, you must have a free Adobe reader installed on your computer. If you have one, you can print by dragging and dropping the PDF file directly into your browser. Then the already familiar commands “File”. “Print“. It remains to select the printer and, if necessary, make the page range settings.
There are other features of printing through the Adobe Reader program.
- Covers can be printed through the Cover window.
- In the Quality tab there is an economy mode that helps to reduce toner consumption. And to save paper using the commands “Layout”. “Print Type”, you can select the option “Two-sided”. It remains only to click “Print”.
How to print a photo or picture
Images are displayed from a computer in a slightly different way. First of all, this concerns the purchase of special photographic paper. It can be glossy or matte. the main thing is that the quality will differ from the result obtained on plain paper.
After selecting an image, you can start printing it.
- Name the image with the right button and select “Print”. Following this action, the Print Wizard will open.
- Further sequence: “Next”. “Print settings”. “Media”. “Photo paper” (here we put “Best quality”). “Next”.
- It is worth paying attention to the menu on the right: the size of the photo that will be printed is indicated there. The menu must include examples of visual examples.
- If after that the user is satisfied with everything in the preview, then the last time will be called “Next” to print a photo or picture.
To print a large image, such as a poster, poster, sewing pattern, a map on a wall or a playing field, you can use the A4 breakdown and do it on a standard printer. There is no need to install additional software or hardware for this operation. The software installed on a regular computer / printer under Windows OS is sufficient.
Preparing to print
When printing large format (even with a division into sections), more stringent requirements are imposed on the picture. The resolution (quality) should be such that the pixels are NOT visible at multiple magnifications. The larger the printout, the higher the quality of the source is needed.
To combine image fragments into a large picture easily and quickly, you need to print without white borders. However, not all printing devices support this option. Some printers will have to crop margins. The final image will come out in a smaller size or the desired one, but from a larger number of fragments. For information on the borderless printing function, as well as instructions on how to use it, see the user manual for each specific printer model.
How to print a poster on a printer
To print large format in sectors, it is necessary to set certain settings on the printer. You need to act as follows.
- In an open graphic document they will call the “print” button (or give a command from the keyboard CtrlP).
- In the print window enter the “properties” section, there go to the “page” item.
- Next, you need to find the “page layout” menu, where, in the list, assign “poster print”.
- Using the “set” button, determine which method of splitting the image into fragments is better: 3 by 3 or 4 by 4.
This algorithm allows you to print a large format image without additional software on those printing devices where this option is provided. If your printer has the above options, you will have to use additional software to print large format.
Printing a poster with Paint
This program is included in the standard Windows package, it does not need to be installed together. It allows you to create posters with pixel breakdown at normal printer settings.
- Open the image in the menu “open with.” and “Paint”.
- In the main menu, press the “file” button, select “print” in the pop-up menu, then “page settings”.
- As a result, a window will appear in which you need to select the location of the picture: horizontal or vertical (landscape / portrait). Next, check the box next to “fit”, where you manually set the number of pages horizontally and vertically. So, if you need to print a picture on 4 A4 sheets, you must specify 2 by 2.
- It is advisable to make a preview of the document prepared for printing to make sure that the division of the poster into fragments was correct. Then you just need to start the document for printing.
Paint allows you to quickly and easily print a large poster without additional preparation and tedious cropping. It’s easier than looking for the desired settings for the printing device (it’s not a fact that they exist at all).
Printing a poster using Excel
An unusual but effective solution is to print a poster using an Excel spreadsheet, which is also included in the standard Windows software package.
- To do this, create a new blank Excel document. In it, select the main menu item “insert”, where in the pop-up menu go to the item “picture”. Next, you need to find an image to print on your computer.
- Exit to the “view” menu, in which you need to select the “page layout” action. Next, you need to stretch the original image, displaying its borders on the markers. You can change the size of the picture in any direction. To see everything that happens in yourself on the screen, you can zoom out (the scale scale is in the lower right corner of the main Excel window).
- After the image has taken up the required number of sheets, it can be printed.
It is better to make a preview before printing. It will show whether the image was broken into fragments correctly.
Other ways to print a poster
To print posters, you can use the services that can be found on the Internet. Among them it is worth looking at Posteriza, Rasterbator and Poster Printer. Each application or program has its advantages, in particular, in Poster Printer you can edit the image, add a background, an inscription or a beautiful frame. Depending on what exactly needs to be done: just printing or additional options are needed, and an online service is selected.
Print directly from the Internet
Sometimes there is no time to copy and save interesting information from the Internet to a separate file, and the user decides to print it directly from the browser. Sometimes this solution is the most optimal, Considering that in MS Word, incorrect display of all text is possible, so the overall result will still have to be edited. However, online printing also has its own pitfalls. It is worth getting to know them better.
Any standard web page will contain Not only text, but also extraneous materials (ads, links, pictures). If you need to Get only the printed text, then you need to select it with the left mouse button, holding it like this until the very end of the document.
Further, while still holding the computer mouse, you should simultaneously press the combination of the already familiar keys “Ctrl” and “P”. This combination will open a special window: in it, users will set the print settings. The commands can be different for each browser. We give Detailed algorithms for the top 5 Most popular.
You can print from Google Chrome from your computer after setting up such commands.
Opera with its settings is similar to “Google”. the rules for working in the dialog box are the same. Additionally, it is recommended to use the options:
- Simplify pages;
- Choose a quality of at least 600.
Printing through the Yandex browser is also similar to the two already discussed above. Only in the pop-up window is it worth highlighting the point to simplify the layout. this will remove unnecessary elements. Next, you can send content to the printer.
Need to print from Mozilla Firefox browser? Then in the print dialog you should pay attention to the following settings.
- The most relevant is the Fragment Selection tab.
- After specifying the print range, it will be enough to click “OK” to send the necessary information to print.
Printing from the Internet with Internet Explorer is similar in many ways to Mozilla. You can configure it like this.
- If it is necessary to print only the selected fragment, it is necessary to mark the “Selection” setting. Or opposite “All” if you intend to print the content.
- There is a quick launch button here. Bypassing all settings, it immediately starts printing everything presented on the screen.
How to print from smartphone
Working with browsers indirectly affects the problem of printing from a phone. precisely, there is no problem with this. today a large number of services have appeared, which will help to send the necessary information to the printer directly online.
In the case when the printer has Bluetooth or Wi-fi technology, registration with Google Cloud Print is required. This service technology will allow you to carry out your plans from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. The service allows you to work with almost all printing devices produced now, but this connection is best of all with Cloud Ready devices. But even the simplest printer is quite connected to this “cloudy” Printers:
- Launches the Google Chrome browser;
- Select the advanced option in the settings menu;
- At the bottom you need to find “add printer”;
- Then you should log in using your Google account;
- It will remain “add printer” again, than the users will confirm registration.
Do the following on your phone.
- Upload to Smartphone Cloud Print. Connect to it through your account.
- Select a file.
- Select your printer again in the new screen.
- Make settings.
- Click on “paper plane”. information will go to print.
How to do duplex printing
Some modern devices are equipped with the function of printing on both sides of the sheet. To run it, you need to do the following.
- In the upper right part of the document, they will name the Office icon, and we will get to the necessary section. Select “Print”, which will open the already familiar window (you can also run the combination ctrl p).
- Select “Properties”, which opens a window that distinguishes between different models. If there is two-sided printing (or called “Print on both sides of the sheet”, “Print with reverse”), then it will be enough to activate it.
- If there is no such checkmark, the “Duplex Printing” function is ticked in the dialog box. After the prints of the pages located on one of the sides of the sheet, a note appears in the Word document to turn the result over and return it to the feed tray.
There is another manual method of printing on both sides, which consists in sending one by one, first all odd, and then odd pages of the document. But in this case, a large percentage of errors is NOT excluded (especially with a large number of sheets). Of course, you can only select even or odd pages. such a parameter is present in the “Enable” tab, which drops out in the lower left corner of the same send to print dialog box.
You can see if the device has the ability to carry out duplex printing in the commands “File”. “Print”. “Options”. The all-in-one printer will automatically support this feature. These models include, for example, Canon Pixma mg3140. easy to use and providing printing, scanning and photocopying capabilities in one device.
Speaking of double-sided printing, it turns out that it is quite realistic to print your own book, rather than resorting to the services of printing workshops. over, this can be done both through the printer settings, and in the Word document itself.
Printing in the form of a book through the settings on a laser-type printer is as follows.
- After choosing the “File”. “Print” commands, go to the printer settings. All modern devices have a feature that helps you print multiple pages per sheet. Here you will need to select “Mode” in sequence. “From left to right”. This will cause the machine to print pages 1 and 2 sequentially on one sheet.
- To correctly set the printing of the entire book, it is important that the total number of pages of the reproduced document is a multiple of four. Otherwise, it will be necessary to determine which reversals can be left empty or make gaps there.
- We define and enter the sequence of pages for both pages of the letter. we do it separated by commas. Then you can send to print.
- Raise the pages that came out of the device and, without changing their position, refuel them into the tray on the printer. The sheets must not be turned over! After that, it remains to print the second range of pages, that is, repeat all the same described earlier actions.
- Regarding the range of pages to be set, you should do this: on one side there will be numbers: 1.4, and on the second. 2.3. This is repeated with all pages of the document.
You can set the file to print in the form of a book directly in the print settings from the computer. However, in this case, there is a danger of skewing fonts and other settings. For those who are captivated by the determination to try, the following algorithm is proposed.
- Through “File”. “Print” select 2 in the “Number of pages per sheet” parameter.
- Put numbers 1 and 4.
- Print the page on the printer, turn it over and repeat the whole procedure again for numbers 2,3.
Collect the text “book” can be in Word itself. To design you need so many editor tools.
- The first step is to determine the correct page orientation. This can be done in the “Page Layout” tab. Now in the “Page settings” in the orientation select “Portrait” (with a letter height greater than its width).
- Next comes the “Setting fields”. Without leaving the “page settings”, you must press the button “Fields”, then “Mirror fields”. This will help to make sure that the left margin is wider in odd documents, and everything goes the other way around in even documents.
- Because of the “Margin”. “Custom Margins”, you can leave room for binding. In the dialog box that opens, select “Margins”. “Binding” and enter the required value. Don’t forget to save.
- To select your own book format, you need to go through “Page settings”. “Size”. Select the required value in the drop-down list.
- For your own style, choose “Home”. “Style”. In the appropriate tabs, you can experiment with the font and paragraph.
- Before sending text to print, you should familiarize yourself with the options for printing text in the dialog box of the printer itself. Pages can be displayed both automatically and after manual user configuration.
Test page output
Printing this page is to verify that the settings and the amount of consumables are correct. It is on it that you can evaluate whether the default settings for the technique are suitable or if you should set your own parameters. Also, this function will help you spot problems in devices from Canon, HP, Epson and other brands in time.
Here’s How to Get a Test Page on Windows Operating System.
- From the “Start” (Taskbar), select “Control Panel”, in which you should find “Printers and Faxes” (“Devices and Printers”). In the field that appears, select the current printer, which is launched with the right mouse button.
- In the menu that appears, the following commands and tabs “Properties”. “General”. “Test Print”.
- When performing such a task for the first time (or a long downtime of the device), you must wait 15-30 seconds for the launch to begin.
What should be on the test page:
- Graphic arts;
- Text and other samples of all colors in which the device operates;
- There should be no printing defects on the printer (on inkjet. traces and ink drips, on laser. light and dark stripes)
- Lack of distortion and unevenness.
If all the Information presented through a test print suits the user, then after that you should click on “Save default parameters”.
Remote printing to a printer via the Internet
Remote printing via the Internet can be done in one of the ways of sending a file to a PC connected to a printer. via a messenger, cloud. Naturally, this method is for isolated cases, and for permanent work in a large company it cannot be put on stream.
Connecting the Printer to a Remote Desktop
In order for the device to be available to those who use the local network, it must first be configured. To do this, you need to add to the corresponding group all PCs for which access is required.
- Make sure that the printing equipment connected to the host computer is working: for which you need to print a test page;
- Set up general access on computers included in the group, then specify the name of the equipment;
- Remove the password that protects access, and save.
Setting up remote access to the printer
Before connecting to a remote PC, you need to make settings. Then, when connected to a computer, the printer will be able to print files located on remote PCs.
All the specified data is saved so that during the subsequent connection they do not need to be changed:
- Go to the menu “Connect to remote computer”.
- Click on “Options” and go to “Local devices”.
- Check “Printers”.
- To get started, click “Connect”.
- After that, you need to make sure that the selected device is in the “Print” menu when transferring.
How to print to a printer over the Internet
To be able to print files on remote equipment, which is located anywhere, Google has developed an option. “Google Cloud Print”.
Adding a printer
To get started with this service, you first need to connect equipment to your Google account that is connected to a laptop running on Chromebook, Windows, Mac OS. On the device, you need to open Chrome and log into your Googl account.
Then you need to go to the settings, which are in the browser. Here in the search engine we find “Google Cloud Print”. Click “Configure”. Now we press “Add equipment”.
A list of devices will open, which are designated in the OS as hardware. In unnecessary devices, uncheck the boxes and leave only the required equipment. In order to further connect all devices connected to the main PC in automatic mode under this account, and to be able to use them for remote access, you need to check the box for automatic connection of printers. Then click “Add equipment”.
Then go to the “Manage Printers” menu. Through this menu, go to your Google account. After that, it will be possible to enter it by indicating the name of the service in the search engine or by clicking on the button to go to the account on its page. Work printer added.
On Mass laptops, only web pages that have the Print function are sent to print. At the same time, with Windows, you can remotely print from a web page in a browser window, at least separately located files that are open by Windows.
Remote device support in the operating system is provided by software. The application is free and is located on the site of the same resource. On your service page you need to go to the Applications menu, after that you need to find Windows devices in the list of devices and download the application through the link.
The software is installed on the system like any other application. The app supports all Windows versions.
For all Windows devices there is a requirement. the installation of an authorized Chrome. You need to log in from the account that is connected to the equipment.
Then we do the same as during the usual sending of the page for printing: the document is opened in the required application and is simply printed. You need to make sure that the remote equipment is specified in the settings.
When the file is sent, the Chrome tab automatically opens, in which you need to specify the required remote equipment.
Setting up equipment over the network is very easy and does NOT take much time. The most important thing is to correctly configure the devices, find the required software, and open access to the required hardware. There are big differences when installing in different versions of Windows.