One of the most convenient applications for printing text using this method can be called a service called PrinterShare. Its use allows you to print various text documents from SD card and Google docs directly from your phone to a network and local printer.
Even if the printer does not support the ability to print via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB cable without a PC, you can install special software from the official website of the application and share the printer with the device. True, this will only be possible on computers running the Windows operating system. If you are printing to a remote printer connected to a computer, then you should install software on it and give general access.
Note that the disadvantage of the program is that its full version is paid. At the first attempt to print, the user will be notified that the free version has incomplete functionality. Although it will be enough for an ordinary person to print text from a phone.
How to set up printing?
Before starting printing, you need to configure the equipment, otherwise the ability to receive photos from your phone will not be available. Let’s take a look at the specifics of setting up equipment using an example of using a virtual printer called Google Cloud Print. There are several important points here.
- The application of the system type “Virtual Printer” must be installed and activated on the mobile phone. If this service is not available on the mobile phone by default, then it can be found on Google Play.
- The printer must support this type of technology. It is worth noting that most modern models have support for this technology initially.
- The user must have an active personal Google account.
Now let’s move on directly to configuring devices. First, you need to connect printing equipment to Google Cloud Print. If the model of the gadget for printing is equipped with Wi-Fi, then it can be connected directly to the router. This process is usually described in the instruction manual for the device. The most common method for connecting a device to a wireless network is the WPS protocol. But first, you need to start this service on the router. This is done as follows:
- open the device’s Wi-Fi settings;
- we find an item called “Wireless network”;
- click on the line called WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup;
- we activate the protocol of the same name.
It also happens that the printer does not have a Wi-Fi module. Then it can be connected to the specified service through the computer. To do this, you first need to install a browser called Google Chrome, as well as create a personal account there. After that, the tuning aLGorithm will be as follows:
- we find on the computer a section with system settings;
- open the menu where the printers are located;
- add a printer to the PC;
- open the aforementioned browser;
- enter the phrase chrome: // devices in the search bar and press Enter;
- a section called “Cloud Printers” opens, where you should click on the “Add” button;
- in the “Registered printers” item, select the required device;
- now you need to click on the “Add Printer” button.
Thus, the device will be connected in cloud printing. All that remains is to launch the application on a mobile phone. You need to enter the settings and find the “Print” item, where you will need to activate “Virtual Printer”.
How to print documents?
Now let’s try to figure out some of the methods that will make it possible to print various kinds of materials: text, image, photograph, picture, ticket, file, and so on. There are a lot of them and they are often suitable for printing both text and other types of files, so we will consider only a part of them.
If we talk about other types of files, then it should be added that one of the rather popular ways is pairing via Bluetooth. To do this, first open the page in the Google Chrome browser or find the desired photo in the device gallery. Now click on the “Share” button, then click on the Bluetooth icon, find your printer and send the document to print. But here it should be said that not every type of file can be printed this way. For this reason, you should first check if there is support for this printing method for the files that you intend to print. If there is no such support, then you simply will not see the Share icon.
Another application that you can use is called PrintHand Mobile Print. Its feature is a modern interface. This software makes it possible to print documents of various types directly from the online storage or a folder of saved documents on a smartphone. The advantage of the program is that here you can adjust the print parameters and its size. Additional rendering software must be downloaded to print files in various formats. If you print via Google Cloud, then the program works for free. But other types of printing files will be available in the premium version of the program.
AirPrint and Cloud Print are quite similar to each other. To print various files using such software, you need to follow a certain aLGorithm:
- install the application and then launch it;
- now you need to press the “Select” button;
- select the type of device, then start the search and wait for it to end;
- now add the device you are interested in;
- in earlier versions of these applications (if you are using them), click on the “gear” and open the “Printers” menu;
- if this menu is empty, select the “Not selected” item;
- now click on the Wi-Fi item.
Samsung Mobile Print is a pretty good printing application. It will be an excellent solution for printing photos, Internet pages from a tablet or smartphone, and various types of documents. In addition, through the application, you can scan and save the received materials in JPG, PDF or PNG formats for easy and quick viewing on a smartphone. It is important that this application can be used on mobile devices running Android and iOS. In addition to the application, you do not need to install any additional software. And if the printer is compatible, then it is automatically detected. But here we are talking only about Samsung printer models.
How to print to a printer from your phone?
With the development of modern technologies, our life is becoming easier and simpler. Those actions that required effort 5-10 years ago are now performed in just a couple of minutes. Photo printing is one such example. They can be quickly printed on a printer, and you only need one device. your personal phone.
To begin with, there are several ways to print from a mobile device. This can be done with:
- special applications for wireless printing;
- direct connection via USB interface;
- the computer to which the printer is connected.
Here it should be understood that the phone and the printer must have support for certain technologies and services in order to be able to print. For example, when choosing a particular printing method, you should make sure that the phone has a new version of the operating system that supports cloud printing or makes it possible to install special software on a smartphone.
How To. Print wirelessly from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
The same goes for the printer, which must support Wi-Fi and Bluetooth depending on the chosen printing method. If you want, for example, to dump a file for printing on an old printer, then not all of the above methods will be available to you. Therefore, before starting to use one or another type of printing, you should make sure that all devices support the ability to print with the selected method.
In addition, to dump a file to a network printer if it is connected to the appropriate Wi-Fi network, you must first configure it to make this feature available.
If we talk about possible problems that may arise when printing to a printer from a phone, then here we can name the following:
- incorrect software configuration;
- incompatibility of the smartphone with the printer;
- software errors;
- incorrectly selected driver;
- poor connection of the cable and adapter.
To fix the problems described, you should check the printer immediately. It is important to make sure that the machine is turned on and ready for use. Then check the amount of ink or powder and make sure you have paper. In addition, the indicators should not light up or flash: this indicates the presence of errors.
You should also make sure that your smartphone and printer are connected to the same network. Check if the printing device supports wireless printing.
To resolve the problem, you must reboot all devices and try again to print. Make sure that the distance between devices does not exceed the limit. Usually we are talking about an indicator of 22 meters for a concrete building with partitions. If the distance is greater, the devices will not detect each other.
It will not be superfluous to update the firmware of devices to the latest versions, because it is the outdated firmware that is quite often a common cause of problems with detection. If you are printing via USB, check the cable for possible deformation. Check the serviceability of the OTG adapter, if used. It also happens that in some cases the device for printing may be incompatible with the smartphone itself or the version of Android that the phone is running.
In general, it should be said that printing on a printer from a phone can be done in quite a few ways. The main thing is that this or that printing method is supported by both the smartphone itself and the printing device. Everything here will depend on the specific models of equipment. But there are still a lot of ways, so you can find some kind of solution for printing from a smartphone with almost any device configuration.
In the next video, you will visually familiarize yourself with the process of printing to a printer from a phone.
How to print from phone to printer via WI-FI
We will do this using special applications from the manufacturers of the printers themselves and third-party programs. This is the easiest and fastest way to do it. The main thing is that your equipment supports this type of printing.
How To Print or Scan To A HP Printer From Your Phone
Important! With many of these applications, you can also print any documents, photos and other files via USB cable and Bluetooth, they allow you to do this. If Wi-Fi is buggy, you can quickly use this option.
- Supported by: HP OfficeJet, HP LaserJet, HP DesignJet, HP Photosmart, HP DeskJet, and HP Envy
- Work simultaneously with different equipment
- USB printing
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Simple and user-friendly interface
An easy-to-use program for quickly printing the necessary documents through your Android device. The interface is concise and user-friendly.
- Copy function
- Param print
- Support for many device models
High-quality, fast program with support for various cloud storages. There is also a scan function and the ability to share documents.
- Cloud storage support
- Full support for Microsoft Office suite
- Manual configuration of IP equipment so that everything works even in a complex network environment
A universal program that supports a large number of different printer models. If the official decision of the manufacturer of your equipment does not suit you, then you should definitely try this option.
- Support: HP, Canon, Epson, Brother, Samsung, Xerox, Dell, Kyocera, Toshiba and other models
- Lots of print options
- Print documents, images, website pages and more
- Support for inkjet and laser equipment
The software is specially tailored to work with Samsung devices. The interface is pretty simple and concise. Developers are constantly releasing new updates and trying to improve their software product.
- Cloud storage support
- Camera printout
- Convenient interface
How to Print from Android Phone to Printer via USB Cable
As already mentioned above, you can use any of the programs laid out in the article above. All of them allow you to do USB printing. Let’s see how to do this using the example of the NokoPrint application.
Install the NokoPrint app on your phone and connect it directly to the printer using a USB OTG cable.
Launch the application and at the bottom of it, click on the hardware icon, where it says “Not Selected”. In the new window, switch to the tab for working with USB. the third icon from the bottom from the left.
Click on your equipment in the list. Now you can try to print any document or photo, everything will work right away.
If you like a different program, the principle of action will be the same. Find your equipment in the list and you can use this function.
Interesting! Also, some may recommend using WPS for these purposes. But, it is not always possible to make it work. Plus, for this you need a router with WPS and a printer that supports this mode.
How to print from a phone to a printer: instruction
You can print documents to a printer from an Android phone using system tools or special applications that make it easy to do.
It is often much more convenient and faster to print directly from your smartphone, without transferring documents to a PC. Fortunately, there is such an opportunity.
From the past material, you learned how to put music on a call. Now we will take a closer look at how to print documents to a printer from an Android phone via WI-FI or USB.
Important! The instruction is universal and suitable for use on any Android smartphones: Samsung, Honor, Huawei, Xiaomi or any other. Also, everything will work on any tablet.
Printing from phone to printer using WI-FI
Wi-Fi communication technology will help to print any document directly from the phone to the printer. The main thing is that the device supports a wireless connection.
Printing itself from the phone via WI-FI will be possible only after synchronization with the printing device. How do you do it? Let’s figure it out:
- We turn on WI-FI on the printer and smartphone.
- On the phone, go to the section where all devices available for connection are displayed.
- We find our printer or MFP there (the name of the model will necessarily be indicated in the name. for example, HP m426 laserJet). We connect to it. You may need to enter a password.
- We are waiting for the completion of the synchronization procedure. We open a special application or explorer. Trying to send a document to print.
What is the advantage of this method? It does not require the use of any additional devices or cords. That is, you can do without a computer and laptop. No additional cables required.
However, this option for printing from a smartphone sometimes turns out to be impossible. After all, devices are sometimes simply incompatible at the hardware level. In such cases, the phone cannot see the printer. precisely, their systems cannot define each other. Often this problem arises when a modern, recently purchased smartphone and an old MFP, which is more than 4-5 years old, are used.
In addition, modern printers can be printed directly via Wi-Fi Direct. How to do it? The first step is to enable this feature on your device. Then go to the settings from the phone, select the Wi-Fi item. Next, click on the Wi-Fi Direct icon (in Android OS, located at the bottom middle). All that remains is to select a printer and confirm the synchronization. Then feel free to send any documents from your smartphone to print.
Printing from a Smartphone via Google Cloud Print
What’s the easiest way to print from a phone to a printer without a computer? The answer is obvious. use the Google Cloud Print service. However, this requires the following:
If you have everything you need, then proceed to setting up:
- To connect, you need a computer with Google Chrome installed. We launch the browser from it.
- Press the button in the upper right corner in the form of 3 dots or dashes. Click on the item “Settings”.
- Log in to the “Users” section. In this case, the account in the browser and on the smartphone must be the same.
- Then scroll down the page and click “Additional”. Find the “Virtual Printer” section. Click on “Add”. Choosing the required printing device.
- We launch the previously installed Cloud Print application on the smartphone. We are waiting for the synchronization process with the account to be completed.
- Now you can print a document, photo, image or picture. Open the desired file on your smartphone and use the “Menu” button to send it to print (or via “Share”). Most likely, you will also need to specify a virtual printer. In this case, for printing, it is necessary that the computer to which the printing device is connected also be turned on.
Multiple Ways to Print from Phone to Printer
Today, you can print any document on a printer from your phone, bypassing the lengthy and inconvenient process of uploading files to your computer. True, first you need to connect your smartphone to a printing device. This is not difficult to do. over, we will consider all the methods of printing from the phone, and also tell you what points you need to pay attention to in the first place.
We use a wireless connection via WPS
This method is a little more complicated than the previous one. Therefore, we recommend it to more experienced users. Connection and output from the phone to print with this option occurs using a router. To do this, you need to follow several steps:
- We sit down at the computer to which the router is connected.
- We open the browser. We type in the address bar “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1”. IP may be different. it all depends on the specific router model.
- Enter your username and password. Typically, the default is “admin”. But you may have come up with your own defensive combination earlier. Then you have to remember it and then enter.
- We go to the settings menu. Here we are interested in the section on security. This is usually Protection Setup or Security.
- In the WPS function / settings item, change the value “disabled” to “enabled”. Thus, we activate the option. At the same time, check if MAC address filtering is disabled.
- On the body of the router we find the WPS button. We press it and hold it for a couple of seconds. Now we click on the WPS button located on the printing device. And as quickly as possible. If you do this after 1-2 minutes, then you will not be able to connect.
- Let’s connect to the same network from a smartphone. Now you can send print jobs to a network printer from it.
We print from the phone via USB
Not everyone has a printer or MFP with cloud printing or WI-FI functionality. What should be done in this case? You can try connecting your phone and printing device directly via the cord. Usually a USB OTG cable (with an adapter) is used for this. The only condition that will allow you to start printing is the presence of a USB-HOST output on the smartphone (with iOS or Android) and the printer.
Of course, almost every modern phone is equipped with such a port. But MFPs or printers are not. Old and budget models cannot be connected via USB due to the missing connector. Don’t forget about it.
What else do you need besides the cord and the corresponding ports on both devices? You will need to install a special application on your phone that will allow you to send a particular document for printing. The most popular are such programs as:
- HP ePrint;
- PrintHand, etc.
At the same time, printing from a phone by connecting it via USB to a printer is extremely simple. We connect both devices via the cord, go into the program and select the printing device in the settings. As a rule, all files that are in the smartphone’s memory and can be sent to print will be available in the application menu.
For reference! Only smartphones based on Android 4.0 and higher can be connected via USB to a printer to send any file for printing. As for iPhones, they are able to host office equipment from the earliest OS versions.
We use special gadgets
By the way, one cannot fail to mention such a device as a printer for printing from a phone or tablet. This device is quite compact and does not take up much space. You can easily take it with you on a trip, a business trip or just to visit.
The mobile printer is equipped with a battery that provides several hours of autonomous operation. The device connects to any modern smartphone or tablet via WI-FI, USB or bluetooth. Of course, such a device is not cheap. Sometimes even more expensive than popular MFPs of well-known brands. But on the other hand, you can print any files from your phone to a mobile printer at any time, while away from home or office.
Printing from Apple Phone
“Apple” technology is among the leaders in the availability of wireless technologies. Therefore, it will not be difficult for its user to print a photo, text or even SMS-correspondence directly from an Apple phone. All you need is an IPhone with Wi-Fi and Internet connected, as well as a special application for IOS. This could be:
- Apple airPrint,
- Handy Print,
- Printer Pro, etc.
The most popular program among users is Apple airPrint. over, it is natively built into the IOS OS. In order to use it to print a document on a printer via the phone, you must:
- Open some file. Let it be a photo from the gallery.
- Click on the Share button. It may look different depending on the program. Usually resembles a square with an arrow, a circular arrow, or three dots.
- Then the display will show the available options. We select “Print”. If there is no such icon in the form of a printer, then tap on “” to find the desired button.
- In the next window, click on the “Select a printer” item. We indicate the device.
- We put the required number of copies or mark the page numbers for printing.
- Finally, press the “Print” button.
There is one caveat. not all printers support AirPrint technology. How do you know if your printer model is equipped with this function? Look on the Internet (best of all on the manufacturer’s website) or look in the instruction manual.