Restore using iTunes (backup)
Let’s find out how to restore contacts on a smartphone using the iTunes application. They act like this:
- Connect to PC.
- Disable Find iPhone on iPhone.
- Enter the program.
- In the “Device” section, activate “Overview”.
- Go to “Restore from copy”.
- Make copy selection.
- Go to “Restore”.
Important! As a reminder, as soon as the information is imported, all changes made after saving the copy will be automatically canceled, but the deleted phone numbers will be restored. Therefore, Apple support experts recommend using cloud storage for the transfer.
Instructions for recovering contacts on iPhone
I pressed the wrong button, looked in the wrong place, did not update or repair it correctly. various accidents can lead to the disappearance of important data from the iPhone memory. Removal can be targeted. In such situations, the question arises whether it is possible to recover the lost information. Yes, you can. This is not difficult to do. But in order for the procedure to take place without collateral damage, it is necessary to seriously approach the process. Namely, in detail to get acquainted with how to recover phone numbers on iPhone, and avoid losses in the future. There are several of them:
- Retrieving iPhone data from the iTunes application using special software tools Backup Extractor or iBackupBot.
- Recover stored information using only the official application.
- Retrieve data erased from your phone using iCloud.
We do it step by step
It is not difficult to get the lost information back to iPhone and gradually. On the official iCloud.com page, you need to activate your account. Next, find the desired section in the menu and enter. Here you will have to look for the erased element and click on the “gear” symbol. In the list that appears, select “Export vCard” (a special file format that all devices of the brand support). The marked object in the form of a special file will be transferred to the PC hard drive. All you need to do to transfer is to send the file to the Mac OS or Windows number section, and then sync with the iPhone.
Using third-party programs
There are many software products available to recover deleted data. But it’s more convenient to use Backup Extractor or iBackupBot. The latter program is an understandable operator of iTunes backup versions, which must be downloaded and installed on the device. The installation will allow you to enter the application, where all information about the smartphone is displayed. Having opened the program, you should go to “What’s In Backup” (what’s in the backup copy). Next, find “Bakcups” (backups) and click “Contacts”. Here select the desired version by date. Then “Export” on the toolbar and “Export as vCard file”.
The saved file is sent to Windows or Mac OS numbers, and then synchronized with the smartphone, so the import to the device takes place.
Important! If iBackupBot asks for registration, you can click “Cancel”.
Importing information to your phone from iCloud
Cloud storage, or iCloud, is the place where all data, updates, and histories are copied automatically (unless you manually disable synchronization at the time the iPhone is registered in the system). To see this, you can visit iCloud.com from your PC. To restore contacts in the phone, we proceed as follows:
- Find the item “Settings” on the site.
- Go to “Additional”.
- Go to the section “Renewal”.
Important! A list of the saved versions of the data list will appear on the screen. Phonebook versions will be sorted by date and time.
Important! When solving the problem of how to recover deleted contacts from a book, it is worth remembering when it was last updated. If, after deletion, the book has already been updated. new friends were added or the card index was replenished using already saved numbers, then the restoration procedure can lead to their erasure. Therefore, before performing the above steps, you should save the most recent version of the phone book.
General information about synchronization
You can avoid complete data loss by using synchronization. It allows you to automatically import and export contacts so that information (of the same type) on one device matches (changes, replenishes, updates) on another device. With the introduction of this feature for iOS, the storage process has become more secure. Let’s figure out how to sync iPhone. using iCloud and iTunes. In the first case, device registration gives a login (Apple ID) and password. They open up access to iCloud. Here you need to find “Settings” and in the new menu list, opposite the desired item, move the switch-button to the “On” position. (green indicator). Now, when asked how to save contacts in the cloud, we answer. they are automatically saved. Virtual storage will be available from any Apple gadget and Windows computer via iCloud.com
Sync using iTunes
If we’re talking about how to sync iPhone contacts. using iTunes, then we do this:
- Install iTunes on PC.
- Activate the app.
- Connect to PC.
- Find the device icon and call it.
- Select “Information” from the list.
- Set the switch next to “Contacts”.
- Select “Synchronize”.
It is believed that with iCloud it is much easier and faster to import contacts to a smartphone. The methods are illustrated in detail above. When using iTunes, you need to remember that the transfer upon connection is carried out automatically. That is, the old copy is overwritten to the updated telephone directory.
Important! If the user is deliberately cleaning phone numbers, then it is wiser to do this with the cloud storage turned off, and only after saving the last copy of the phone book. If necessary, the data can be easily returned if you climb into the cloud and click “Export vCard”.
Now let’s look at how to copy contacts using Backup Extractor:
- Download and install the program.
- Run it.
- In the “Select backup” menu, select “Select another backup folder” if there is no data in the proposed latest version.
- In the new window “Available data” in the list “Contacts” select “Extract”.
- Specify a save location.
For a more convenient and simple import of information, it is better to choose “Contacts as VCards”. With the file saved to the specified location, proceed as indicated above. Now it’s easy to figure out what import and export of data is when restoring the phone book. If none of the methods helped (deleted in the cloud, the backup was not saved), then you can use Apple customer support. The deleted information can be returned (from the cloud storage) within the next 30 days after being erased. But only taking into account if the synchronization with the device was activated.
Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup
This method will allow you to select the data you want to recover. importantly, this recovery mode will not overwrite the current data in the device.
Going to “Recover from iTunes Backup” and UltData will automatically display all iTunes backups on this computer. and click the “Start” button.
View the lost data, you can select “Show deleted only” to filter the deleted data.
You can click “Settings” to select file formats and click “Recover”.
How to Recover Data on iPhone after Factory Restore
If you need to reset iPhone, iPad or restore iPhone to factory settings, there are several reasons, the gadget sells to buy new iPhones, buys iPhone, iPad from hands, iPhone does not work correctly so it wants to reinstall the firmware, just wants to reset some device parameters. Whatever the reason, in the end, you did a factory reset. But after that, if you haven’t backed up, how can you recover lost and deleted data? Today we recommend Tenorshare UltData.
Tenorshare UltData allows users of iOS devices to recover text messages, contacts, notes, photos and other files. There are three data extraction options: restore directly from iPhone, iPad and iPod, restore from iTunes backup and from iCloud backup. This is a lifesaver for those who have lost data as a result of jailbreak, iOS update, factory reset, erroneous deletion, etc. Supports all iOS devices, including Red iPhone X / 8 / iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S / 5C / 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 3/2, iPad mini, iPad 4 (iPad Retina Display), iPad 3 (New iPad), iPod touch 5G / 4G / 3G, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle.
Recover directly from iPhone, iPad and iPod
Connect the device to your computer using USB cables, run UltData on your computer. Select “recover data from device”.
Scan iPhone lost data and view contacts, SMS, notes, photos, etc.
Recover data from iPhone and click “Recover”, you can select file formats and save to device or computer.
Recover Deleted Data from iCloud Backup
Select recovery mode and enter iCloud.
You can check the details (name, date, version and size) of each backup file. Select the file types you want to download and scan
Click “Settings” to select file formats and click “Recover”.
Recovering lost data doesn’t have to be difficult. Just choose one of the above methods to get your lost data back and your device works fine again. To avoid data loss, please make a backup copy in iTunes or iCloud without fail. If you have any other questions, please contact us, we will reply within 24 hours.
Is it possible to recover deleted contacts?
On the one hand, it may seem that the numbers can no longer be returned, but this is not the case. In the world of modern technologies, it is possible to recover deleted contacts, even if they were not saved on a SIM card.
Recovering contacts on Android
How to recover contacts on Android? Synchronizing your phone with your Google account will help you with this. If this does not help, try using the special Dr.Fone program, which is freely available on the worldwide network. It allows you to recover not only contacts, but also music, videos, messages and much more. After installing the program, connect Android to your computer.
To do this, enable USB debugging on your phone. As soon as the phone is synchronized with the program, it will start scanning the lost data. Then, on the display, you will see all the files that were once on your phone. Just select the contacts you need and copy them back to your phone by clicking the Recover button.
Recover contacts on Windows phone
At first glance, it seems impossible to recover lost contacts on Windows phone, but it is not. You just need to keep your Microsoft account.
In the same way, you can recover all lost data if the settings are lost, or move contacts from your old phone to a new one. Of course, this method will only work if the account has been created beforehand. It is created in the settings of your phone.
3 more useful articles:
Very often we are faced with situations where the necessary data was accidentally deleted. Sometimes they already
Kingroot. cool software for getting ROOT rights on Android phones. Received Root rights
Data Doctor Recovery SIMCard. utility for reading and reanimating all written (and erased) data
Basic ways to recover phone numbers
Those of us who have lost our phone and faced a data loss situation regularly back up our contacts. Numbers can be saved on a computer, or on a virtual cloud.
If you have never done this, think, maybe the numbers you need were saved on your previous phone and you can simply rewrite them.?
Google search engine help
Many phone owners save numbers not on the SIM card or in the phone’s memory card, but in their Google account. If you add regular contacts there, then recovery problems will not arise.
Special recovery programs
Such programs are mainly developed for PCs, but there are also programs for phones: mobile applications. The most popular program of all available is Data Doctor Recovery. SIM Card 18.104.22.168, which works to recover data from a SIM card.
Of course, specialists in the field of mobile phone repair will be able to restore lost contacts, but this will cost a lot of money. We recommend using this method as a last resort.
Call detailing using a mobile network operator
To do this, you can call the operator and request an SMS with details of calls for the last month or last week. Of course, you will see just phone numbers, but this is already something.
How to restore contacts on your phone
All the ways to recover contacts on Android in one article! It happens not accidentally that phone numbers are deleted through the fault of the owners or disappear as a result of repairs. What to do? How to restore contacts on your phone?
Recover contacts on iPhone
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone? Apple owners will help:
If the principle of operation of the first point is not particularly different from the Dr.Fone program, then there are some nuances in working with the “cloud”. As soon as you mistakenly deleted contacts from your phone, immediately turn off the Internet, or turn off the iCloud function. Otherwise, the phone is synchronized with the virtual cloud, and it will be impossible to restore numbers in this way.
Recovering contacts via Google account
Apple’s sync services have a number of disadvantages. Some of them are quite obvious and some are not, but that is not the point. To restore you can use all your favorite Google.
Once you install Gmail and configure the service, you don’t have to worry about making entries in your phone’s contact book. Only the creator will have access to the Google account. What’s more, Google provides a chance to get back deleted records from the last 30 days if they are deleted from anywhere.
First you need to create a Google account. After that, synchronization is performed. In the phone settings, you need to select the “Mail, addresses, calendars” item and add the newly created account by selecting the appropriate service from the list. In the list for synchronization, select “Contacts”.
After that, contact records from the Google address book will be transferred to the phone’s memory and vice versa. To transfer data from iPhone to Google, you need to enter the same menu item “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” and select Gmail as a standard account. It is enough to open the application for all the entries from the phone book to go to the Google server.
How to View Deleted Numbers on iPhone
You can find deleted data on Apple’s cloud storage system called iCloud. If the phone is synchronized with it, then pictures, events, notes, calendars and contacts will be automatically archived on the manufacturer’s servers.
You can see the copies, if they were made, by going to the application or to the website www.iCloud.com. Viewing is possible after authorization with an Apple ID account. They are located in the “Contacts” section. To copy the backup data, you must click on the “” next to the desired entry.
Important! If the recordings have been erased from iCloud, then there is still a chance to copy them. Apple provides this opportunity. Within 30 days from the date of deletion of all copies from storage, you can restore them.
Recovery via SIM card
Some people ask: is it possible to recover deleted contacts on the iPhone using a SIM card. The answer is yes. To import phonebook entries from your SIM card, you need to:
- Correctly install the chip in the card reader.
- Turn on the phone or unlock it.
- Go to “Settings”, then “Contacts”.
- In the application menu, select the item “Import contacts from a SIM card”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
- Extract or leave a SIM card at will.
- Make sure that all data from the phone book has been successfully transferred.
- Back them up to iCloud.
Recover Deleted Phone Numbers on Modern iPhone Models
Transferring backups of data from the cloud storage to iPhone X, XS, XR models is practically no different. Modern gadgets make it easier and faster due to their performance and support for high-speed Internet. In general, you need to log into iCloud and go to your contacts list to find out if you can restore anything. If there are copies and they are up-to-date, then through the “Settings” of the gadget this procedure is performed similarly to the previous ones.
Contacts can be lost due to careless user actions
Recover Lost Contacts on Older iPhone Models
Earlier models may have slightly different settings, but the iCloud service is the same everywhere. Considering that the data has been synchronized at least once, then it is necessary:
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Select “iCloud”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Disable contacts option.
- Delete them from your phone, even if it is empty.
- Move the slider to the “Active” position again.
- Wait for the backup data to be downloaded to the phone.
At the same time, as in all other cases, the phone must be connected to a stable network that provides an acceptable connection to the Internet.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone via iCloud
Often, mobile phone users are faced with the fact that they need to transfer their contacts from the memory of a SIM card or SD drive. Owners of iPhones and iPads also need to restore their contact list from the iCloud service. This usually happens if a person bought a new gadget or accidentally performed a full reset of the device to factory settings. As a result, several questions arise at once. how to restore contacts on the iPhone, what methods exist, and how does backup differ on old and new models.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone 5s
An earlier version of iPhone 5s or SE contacts can be reverted from an auto-generated iCloud archive if sync is enabled. For this you need:
- Go to “Settings” on the iCloud website.
- Click “Restore contacts” in the “Additional” section.
- Choose any of several versions if available.
- Click on the button next to the version.
Important! In no case should you edit records and numbers until the service completes the restoration process completely. This is fraught with the fact that the changes made simply will not be saved.
How to Restore lost iPhone Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Files
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone
The first step is to check the records in the iCloud service. This can be done by visiting the official iCloud.com website from a personal computer. You must use your Apple ID to sign in. A list of all synchronized contacts will be located in the corresponding section “Contacts”. If you wish, you can add new entries to this section by clicking on the button with the “” sign. They will be transferred to the device after synchronization.
You cannot manage phonebook entries from iTunes
The second step is to go to the default settings. To complete it, you need to go to the “Settings” application on your iPhone or iPad device and select the section called “Apple ID”. Through it, the transition to the iCloud service is carried out and subsequent authorization using a single account.
Important! If the user has already been authorized and the “Contacts” switch is activated, then you should deactivate it. Immediately after that, a message will appear asking you to save contacts or delete them.
If the switch of the “Contacts” block is off, then go to the third step. It is necessary to activate the toggle switch and select the “Combine contacts” item in the pop-up window. This is done so that the records already existing on the phone are combined with contacts from the service. After that, the download of data from icloud will begin and in a few minutes all the information will be in the phone.
Contact information can be recovered in various ways
How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone (from Backup, from iCloud, from Windows Contacts and Mac OS X)
How to recover contacts on iPhone if you deleted them by accident or by mistake? Recovering deleted contacts is quite simple and does not require any special skills. Today we will describe 4 ways to restore iPhone contacts: from backup, via iTunes and iCloud.
We have already talked about how to create a contact on iPhone and how to import them into the iOS address book, and you could see that it is not so easy to permanently delete a contact. In most cases, with proper iPhone and iCloud setup, deleted contact can be recovered effortlessly.
Extract contacts from iPhone backup using iBackupBot
Today we will consider the question: “How to export (unload) contacts deleted from the iPhone from a previously created backup?”.
- Install the trial version of iBackupBot, it is enough to recover deleted contacts.
- Launch iBackupBot. The program will recognize the backups saved in the iTunes backup storage, this will take some time.
- The main window of the program will display information about the backup, and the name of the device, iOS version, phone number, serial number of the device, unique identifier and IMEI.
- In the “What’s In Backup” section, information about the location of the backup file and the date of its creation will be displayed. Developers recommend creating a duplicate iPhone backup before making changes to an existing one.
- In the “Bakcups” window, left-click the desired backup.
- From the File menu, select Duplicate and select a location on your local drive to save the duplicate. You can create a duplicate from the context menu called by the right mouse button on the name of the backup in the “Backups” window or by clicking on the corresponding shortcut in the Program Toolbar.
- In the “Bakcups” window, select the backup from which you want to restore contacts and in the main window, click on “Contacts” in the “What’s In Backup” section.
- In the main window of the program, a list of contacts stored in the backup copy will be displayed, you can select the required entry and the contact information from the entry will be displayed to the right of the list.
- On the Contacts tab, next to the Export icon in the toolbar, click the down arrow on the image. A context menu will appear with a choice of the file export format. If you click on any entry in the contact list with the right mouse button, a similar menu will appear.
- Select “Export as vCard file”.
- On the registration request page, click Cancel. The free version allows you to extract contacts from the backup without restrictions.
- Select the location where you want to save the vcf file on your hard disk and click “Save”.
- VCard file with all contacts in iPhone backup will be exported to your computer hard drive.
- The program can extract each contact from the address book into a separate file and save them on your hard drive. To do this, in the export format selection menu, select “Export as multiple vCard file”.
- The resulting files can be downloaded to Windows Contacts or Mac OS X and sync iPhone and computer in iTunes. All contacts that are not on the iPhone, but are in Windows Contacts will be transferred to the iPhone phone book.
Export contacts from iCloud
- Go to the Contacts web app.
- Select the contact deleted from the iPhone and in the lower left corner click on the gear image “Show action menu”.
- On the action menu, click on “Export vCard”. The selected contact will be exported to a file and will be available in the downloads folder on your computer’s hard drive.
The downloaded file can be sent by email (as an attachment to the letter) on the iPhone, open it from the device and create a new contact instead of the deleted one.
How to Recover Contacts from iTunes Backup?
If you regularly sync your iPhone with your computer via iTunes and create backups, it is almost impossible to permanently delete one, several, or all contacts from iPhone. They can be safely restored from a backup at any time.
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- In the “Devices” menu, select your device model and go to the “Overview” tab.
- Click on the “Recover from a copy” button.
- If Find My iPhone is turned on on iPhone, you must turn it off before restoring it.
- Select the backup device for which you want to restore and click on “Restore”.
- Wait for the end of the restore from the backup.
After restoring iPhone from a backup, all changes since its creation will be canceled. IPhone contacts and call history will be restored.
Recover deleted contacts via re-sync with iCloud
The essence of the method is to turn off the sync of contacts with iCloud in the iPhone settings, while leaving the contacts on the iPhone (select the appropriate item) and re-enable sync.
- We will assume that immediately after deleting a contact, you disconnected the iPhone from the Internet via Wi-Fi, then iCloud will not make changes to the address book.
- On iPhone, go to Settings. iCloud and turn the “Contacts” switch to the “Disabled” position.
- In the menu that appears, “What do you want to do with previously synced items: iCloud contacts on iPhone”, select “Leave on iPhone”.
- Turn on W-Fi, connect your iPhone to the Internet, and slide the “Contacts” switch to Settings. iCloud to On.
- In the menu that appears “Your contacts will be merged with iCloud”, tap on “Merge”.
- After 2-3 minutes, check the phone book on the iPhone for the presence of a previously deleted entry.
You can still extract contacts from an iPhone backup without restoring it. For this, there is a special software (programs) that allows you to extract data from backups created in iTunes.
Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- restore from iTunes backup;
- recovery from Windows Contacts, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook (depending on the method of syncing contacts in iTunes);
- re-syncing with iCloud;
- extract iPhone contacts from backup using iBackupBot and iPhone Backup Extractor.
What to do if you deleted one, several or all contacts on iPhone?
Disconnect your Mac and iPhone from the internet first. This will avoid synchronous deletion of contacts from your address book in iCloud as a result of automatic syncing.
In the browser version of the iCloud service, you can edit the address book, import and export contacts, restore saved archive copies.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone
A detailed article on recovering contacts on iPhone can be found here.
Some (or all) contacts are missing after transferring Apple ID or iPhone to a third party
Why did it happen. It often happens that a user transfers their Apple ID or iPhone to a new owner, for example, a relative, without bothering to create a new Apple ID. Say, why does a 60-year-old mother or an 8-year-old Chery need their own account? However, then the new user begins to delete unnecessary contacts and add their own, the iPhone “catches” home Wi-Fi and synchronizes the changes made with iCloud, thereby making changes to all devices associated with this Apple ID.
ATTENTION. Never delete contacts from the Phone app on iPhone while signed in to iCloud.
Contacts disappeared after flashing (restoring software), factory reset, or iPhone repair
If the subsequent entry of the Apple ID in the iCloud section does not download contacts, then it will be impossible to restore them.
Why did it happen. Contacts were entered manually without syncing with iCloud. If synchronization with iCloud is not performed, then after reflashing the iPhone through recovery or in the event of a device breakdown, all contacts will be irretrievably lost.
Lost contacts on iPhone: main reasons and how to recover
Each of us remembers the times when the theft or loss of a mobile phone created many problems, one of which was the restoration of the list of important contacts. Many even got special notebooks and transferred numbers onto paper by hand. Today, the synchronization of the contact list in smartphones of any manufacturer is performed automatically, but some users still manage to clean the address book without the possibility of recovery.
There are several ways to recover using iCloud.
What to do if contacts on iphone and iphone 5 are missing?
The first tip is to transfer all contacts to the virtual world after purchasing a smartphone. Many address systems allow you to do this, while you will have a guarantee of the safety of contacts on different media.
Develop a strategy for keeping your contacts identical: phone or SIM card, and follow it constantly. A duplicated version can be used. It is advisable to use a specialized iCloud service, which is designed for the “apple operating system”
In the “Settings” menu, you must select all the parameters, but you should pay attention to the included toggle switch of contacts
After completing the transfer, reactivate the “Contacts” (just pull the lever to the active side). This technique works on 4th, 5th, 6th generation models. It can also be used for tablets running on the IOS 8.0 operating system.
How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone via iTunes?
If you have not yet acquired the current version of iTunes on your computer, you can download it from the official Apple website. To update the downloaded program, go to the “Help”. “Updates” section. To update, you need an internet connection and a little time for the new version to load. After installation, restart your computer.
To restore the phone book using iTunes, follow these steps:
- Using a USB cable, we connect our gadget to the computer.
- In the iTunes program, go to the “Devices” section.
- We are looking for your iPhone in the program.
- Using the mouse, right-click on “Restore backups”, or hold down “Ctrl” if you are using the Mac OS operating system.
- In the pop-up window, select the backup we need and click on “Restore”.
- After the end of the restoration, all contact data, calendars, notes, messages and settings will be on the phone again, from the period of the last synchronization.
Find icon in folders
It often happens that a shortcut accidentally ends up in one of the folders used in the main menu. Typically, catalogs are used thematically. Grouping icons allows you to free up space in the main menu. Sometimes subfolders can be used additionally.
In order to find the lost icon, you need to tap on each of the folders used and carefully check if there is a necessary one among the icons. If necessary, you need to inspect all folders available here, including nested ones.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone 6. Lost Contacts on iPhone. What to Do
Any owner of an Apple smartphone can recover deleted contacts on the iPhone, since this operation does not require any special knowledge. The main condition for success is having a sync with iCloud storage or a backup in iTunes. If everything is done correctly, then the lost contacts will again appear on the phone.
Move application to internal memory
While transferring from internal memory is usually beneficial to the user, not all programs can do this without problems. One of them may be the disappearance of the shortcut. In this case, you can try to correct the situation by doing the opposite. To do this, you need to take the following actions:
- You need to go to the smartphone settings.
- Select a section related to applications.
- We are looking for a program whose icon could not be found in the same place. Here’s where the app is located.
- You need to go to the “Storage”, then select the “Change” option.
- Next, a menu of two lines will appear, in which you can choose from the options “Device memory” and “Memory card”. You must choose the first option.
If everything was done correctly, you can expect the shortcut to appear in the same place. This action does not guarantee a solution to the problem, but is one of the options that can help.
The video tells about icon recovery:
Regardless of the reason for the disappearance of the label. You can restore it to its place by rebooting. To do this, you need to make a long press on the power button. After that, the phone will be completely disconnected. After that, you need to wait a little and do this click again. This will launch the Android operating system and, possibly, the icons will reappear in the same place.