How can you remove the password from the smartphone screen
In fact, the ways on how to turn off the lock password depends on which version of android is installed on your device. Sometimes an action on the phone can be prohibited by the administrator, so before you start changing the settings, be sure to make sure that you have full access to all smartphone options.
Remember before disabling the lock function. as soon as you remove any protection from the screen of your phone, it will immediately become very vulnerable, so as soon as it falls into the hands of scammers, it will immediately give out all your data.
Currently, this version of the Android operating system is the most popular, since most people have already abandoned the earlier versions, and they have just begun to get used to the new ones. And in this version, the interface is the most familiar, so users are in no hurry to abandon it.
Therefore, to disable protection on this version of the operating system, you need to take several steps:
- You need to go to the program menu, which can be easily done using a special grid located at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, we find the settings icon, which is designated as one large gear.
- We go to the settings menu, after which you need to find the section that is dedicated to security.
- After we have found the security section, we go into it and start looking for a subsection that is dedicated to screen locking.
- The current version of Android no longer has a PIN code, like the previous one, so the system will ask you to enter a pattern, since it is he who is the main way to lock the screen.
- After you confirm that you are the owner of this phone, you can completely disable any lock on your smartphone. To do this, just click on the corresponding button in the displayed menu.
You can check how the settings you have set are preserved using the same method as in the previous version. just lock the screen and then unlock it. The screen should not ask you for any password.
Currently, there is already an eighth version of this operating system, but among Android users it has not yet managed to take any solid position, so it is the “seven” that remains as one of the most popular versions. In order to disable the blocking on it, you must perform the following several actions:
- There is a notification menu at the top of the screen that you can use to access the settings. To do this, just swipe down from the top and click on the settings icon.
- After that, you can go to the security section and enter it.
- Then go to the screen lock menu and enter the appropriate PIN. In this version, it is the introduction of numbers that prevails, and not the graphic code.
- After that, it is necessary in the menu that appears to indicate that we want to disable the screen lock.
- As soon as the confirmation window pops up, you need to confirm that we really want to disable the password when logging in.
How to disable screen lock on a smartphone
The lock screen protects your mobile device from intruders, and also protects against accidental taps on the touchscreen that could trigger calls or SMS messages. But, in some cases, the lock screen is not needed at all. For example, if you have a tablet and you only use it at home. In this article, you will learn how to remove the lock screen on Android.
First, we will demonstrate how to remove the lock screen in the original Android interface. To do this, you need to open the settings and go to the “Security” section.
In the “Security” section, you should open a subsection called “Screen lock”. It is usually at the very top of the screen.
After that, you will see a list of available screen locking methods. In order to completely remove the lock screen on Android, you must select “No”.
Everything after that the lock screen will be completely disabled. Now, when you press the power button of the device, the desktop will immediately appear.
If you are using an Android device with a non-standard interface, then your lock screen settings may be in a different place. As an example, we will demonstrate how to disable the lock screen on a Samsung Android smartphone.
First you need to open the settings and go to the “My device” tab, here you need to open the “Lock screen” section.
After that, you will be presented with a window with a large number of settings that relate to the lock screen. In order to completely disable the lock screen, you need to open a subsection called “Screen Lock”.
Next, you need to choose a way to lock the screen.
In order to completely disable the lock screen on Android, you need to select “No”. After that, the blocking will be disabled and the smartphone will be blocked once only by pressing the power button.
Smartphone manufacturers recommend using a screen lock to protect personal information from prying eyes. To do this, they offer different blocking options that will save you in case of losing your gadget, from childish pranks and prying eyes of your soul mate. Sometimes the lock can get in the way. it makes it difficult to quickly access the phone, increases its boot time. Therefore, we will deal with the question of how to remove the screen lock on Android.
How to bypass the lock if you forgot your password?
If you recently changed your password and immediately forgot it, then to reset you need to enter Recovery mode.
To do this, you must simultaneously hold down the power button and change the sound volume. You need to hold down these keys when you turn on the phone.
From the menu that appears, you need to select factory reset. In most cases, you will not have to enter the key after booting up the device. This method has a downside. you will lose all user files, you will have to reinstall applications. Information can be restored only if you have synchronized your device with cloud storage.
For smartphones of recent years, this method may not work. you will still have to enter the key after rolling back the settings. Also ineffective are the options in which the lock is released during a call or when the battery is low. They worked only on systems up to version 4, and later this vulnerability was closed by the developers. Still without removing the smartphone from the lock, you can answer the call, but to go to the messages or menu you will need to enter the code.
If you have a smartphone with one of the latest Android models. then you can reset the forgotten key only by flashing the device. If you are an inexperienced user, it is best done at a service center. To change the firmware, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer, download a special program and a file with factory settings.
What to do when the message “Forbidden by the administrator” appears on the screen?
Sometimes it is difficult to remove the screen lock on Android. “Not allowed by the administrator” is one of the most common errors. Owners of smartphones with operating systems over the fifth version face it. You can get rid of this problem according to the instructions:
- Open the general application menu. Select “Settings”.
- Scroll through the options to the Security tab.
- Find in the section “Device Administrators”.
- In this part of the settings, you will see all the applications that are able to control your device. For example, “Remote Access” or “Manager” can prohibit deleting the lock screen, exclude them from the list and then you can get rid of device protection.
- In some cases, when you click on an application, you will see a list of its permissions. Remove those permissions related to control of the lock screen.
If you did not find applications in the list, then a virus application or an alternative blocker that you downloaded may be the cause of the error. If you use third-party programs to protect your smartphone, then you can turn off the lock screen through the menu of the application you are using.
In this case, working with the settings will be meaningless. You can get rid of viruses only by checking the device with special utilities.
Now you know how to remove screen lock key on Android. Share this information with your friends, because they may also face this problem. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comments under this article.
Often, in order to protect their own data, smartphone users lock the screen of their own device. This is necessary for some kind of emergency, for example, when you leave your phone somewhere or accidentally lost it. If another person finds your smartphone, he will not be able to use it until he unravels your password. At certain points, this lock may not be very useful, and sometimes even interfere, and therefore many users are interested in how to disable the graphical screen lock on Android.
However, before asking such questions, you need to have an idea of what types of locks are in general. It is on a specific type that one or another reason may depend on why it is impossible to change something in the blocking features, as well as how you can turn it off.
What are the types of screen locks
Currently, there are several options for locking your phone screen. These include the following:
- complete absence of blocking as such, that is, the user or any other person just needs to swipe the screen to access the menu;
- standard swipe, which predominantly protects the phone screen from accidental touches, therefore, as such, it is not reliable protection;
- pattern, which is a special shape consisting of several lines, and it must be repeated in one motion whenever you want to use your smartphone (if someone outside wants to use your phone, and at the same time he does not know your password, then after several unsuccessful attempts, the screen is automatically locked, first for 30 seconds, then for several minutes, and then it can be locked for several hours or until the user enters the pack code);
- PIN-code, which is a set of four numbers, and they also need to be entered whenever you need your smartphone;
- standard password, which will consist of a certain number of numbers and letters of various case;
- the fingerprint, which is currently one of the newest, but that is why it is as reliable as possible, since your fingerprint cannot be copied;
- face recognition, which is currently also one of the newest, however, compared to a fingerprint, it loses significantly, since sometimes the system can make a mistake and take someone else’s face for the owner’s face (this is explained by the fact that the system scans a face image, not his detailed display, and there are quite a few similar faces in the world);
- scanning the iris of the eye, which at the moment is practically one of the most reliable ways to protect the phone, since it is impossible to fake the iris, since it is individual for each person.
In addition, a variety of applications can be used to unlock the phone and can be easily downloaded from the Playmarket. For this reason, many users wonder how to disable screen lock on Android Samsung. Often, many applications are only for brand new versions of phones, since they are developed specifically for them. However, at the same time, no one is immune from pop-up windows that notify that an application has been disabled by the administrator. These applications often use a variety of riddles, puzzles, or questions of a varied nature.
Operating system malfunctions
If all the proposed methods of disabling the lock screen have not yielded a positive result, most likely, a system failure has occurred on the mobile phone. To fix it, you will need to factory reset Samsung.
This procedure is performed through the “Archiving and Reset” section in a few clicks. However, it deletes all data and settings from the phone. Therefore, save important information in a safe place before running it.
How to unlock your Android 2.x device?
- Go to the settings menu and select “Location and protection”;
- Click on the item “Change blocking method”;
- Since the password was already active, the system will ask you to enter it. If the password is forgotten, you must refer to the instructions below;
- After successfully entered password, click on “Remove protection”.
Why Samsung doesn’t remove the key from the entrance screen?
In normal Samsung operation, disabling the digital or graphic code is done as follows:
- In the settings of your mobile phone, find the section “My device” and enter it.
- Open the “Lock Screen” tab.
- All available protection methods (face control, PIN, drawing, etc.) will appear in the menu that appears. Select “No” to remove the screen lock.
There are several factors that can prevent you from canceling screen lock on Android:
- using a secure virtual VPN network on the gadget;
- encryption of internal memory or embedded microSD;
- installing third-party certificates;
- opening of administrative rights on a mobile phone;
- software malfunction.
Let’s see how to remove the screen lock on a Samsung phone in each of the above cases.
How to disable screen lock in standard Android interface?
In general, on most Android models, the lock is disabled as follows:
- Go to the device settings menu and select the “Security” section, which is located in the “Personal data” block;
- Now you need to visit the “Screen lock” section, note that if the password unlock function is enabled on the smartphone, you will need to enter the existing password, since without this procedure, you will not be able to go further;
- A list of available locks will open, where you can change or select a new type of lock, we need the item “No” for us;
In general, the locking process for all models is approximately similar, therefore, guided by these two methods, you will be able to disable the lock and access the device many times faster.
Disable administrative rights
For the stable functioning of some applications, administrator rights are required (not to be confused with root access). It is in their opening that the impossibility of disabling the screen lock may lie.
We will remove administrative rights as follows:
- Through the settings of the smartphone, enter the section “Lock screen”.
- Click on “Other parameters” and select the line “Device Administrators”.
- All programs that have system privileges will be displayed in the window that appears. Disable extended rights in front of each item by dragging the corresponding sliders to the Off position.
If administrator rights are not removed for a utility, it may be a virus. In this case, try to check Samsung with a mobile antivirus program, and then completely remove the problematic program.
Screen lock types
Today Android has the following types of protection:
- There may be no blocking at all if the owner of the equipment is confident in safety and does not need an additional level of protection;
- Regular swipe. protects against accidental activation, is not able to protect against intruders;
- A pattern is one of the most common solutions. The owner of the equipment draws a figure at certain points and depicts this figure each time it is unlocked;
- PIN. a sequence of certain numbers that must be entered to unlock;
- Password is one of the most reliable blocking methods. The user needs to enter a sequence of lowercase and uppercase letters and numbers invented by him;
- Fingerprint is one of the new and safer ways to lock;
- Face recognition is also a new type of blocking, which, unlike a fingerprint, is still a “raw” solution, is under development;
- Iris scanner. found on expensive models of devices, today it is the most reliable smartphone lock.
PIN and password. protecting your phone
This password is strong because there are 10,000 combinations when using a PIN. Plus, it’s easy to remember. A PIN is like a code from a bank card. Its essence lies in setting a 4-digit password consisting only of numbers. When you try to unlock the gadget, the system will open an input window and a numeric keypad.
For your information! The only difference between a password and a PIN is that in the second case, numbers and letters are used. Also the size of the text can be more than four characters.
How to remove screen lock on Android via settings
Unlock protection is not always useful for some Android users. If the password, key interferes and you need to disable it, then you need to make some settings in the device.
How to disable display protection from unlocking
Swipe to lock your phone screen
This is the least reliable method to protect your device from being unlocked because you only need to swipe your finger across the display to gain access. Some Android smartphones and tablets have it installed by default.
Although you do not need to enter a code, it counts as a lock, because the owner does not see the desktop immediately after pressing the power key. If you disable this function, then the locked screen will not be.
Android 6.x, 7.x: how to cancel unlock protection
On newer versions, setup is straightforward. You need to take the following steps one by one:
- Protection and location.
- Screen lock.
Also, in the window from the second item, you can configure how the device behaves in a locked state: show notifications in full, partially or not.
Almost all people whose phone supports finger unlock use this. Of course, methods for bypassing this protection have long been invented, because everything is possible to hack. But this is one of the most convenient ways to block.
The main advantage is that you don’t have to remember your password. Problems can only arise if the wearer loses a finger. However, in such cases, you can use a password, which, as a rule, is additionally set as protection.
Important! If you enter the wrong key several times, use an unsuitable fingerprint, the system may prohibit unlocking for a certain time. On subsequent errors, Android is blocked for longer. The number of minutes and seconds increases until the person enters the correct information.
Disable screen lock on Android 2.x
Almost no one uses this version of the Android operating system. However, there are still phones with firmware 2.x.
To disable unlock protection, you need to do the following:
- Go to settings.
- Select “GPS and Security”.
- In the desired section, click on “Set screen lock”.
The system will offer four options: disable, pattern, PIN, password. You must select the first item.
What is a pattern on Android
A pattern is another type of device unlocking protection. It is a grid of nine points on the smartphone screen. To unlock a gadget, you need to swipe a certain combination with your finger. You can come up with a password that includes all the points, or you can use an easier access code. The main thing is not to forget the sequence.
Samsung and TouchWiz
This add-on or shell from the Korean manufacturer visually differs from the unmodified Android. Therefore, at work with her, it is also worth focusing attention. To remove protection here, do the following:
- As in the case of Xiaomi, we lower the “curtain” and press the settings button.
- Scroll down the contents of the window and tap on the item marked on the screen.
- We see the item “Blocking type” and immediately observe the type of installed protection. In order to change it or remove it altogether, click on the line circled in red.
- To confirm, enter the pattern.
- Select the item “Swipe across the screen”. this is the disabling of the security check.
- Here we will be warned that the previously saved data will be deleted (meaning the pattern itself). We confirm our intentions by tapping on the “DELETE” button.
After that, the password will be reset and the phone’s power-on protection is canceled.
An example is shown based on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, but it is also suitable for other smartphones of this brand.
How to remove
So, today there are several of the most common versions of Android. There are also add-ons over a “clean” operating system, which are used, for example, by Xiaomi or Samsung. We will also describe how to work with them. But before you start, remember: by unlocking your phone, you make your phone and the information in it vulnerable to intruders. Begin.
Types of lock screens
There are several types of screen protectors on Android. Below we describe them in the form of a list and give an approximate degree of security:
- No blocking. The screen is turned on by the power button and the desktop is immediately visible. No protection;
- Simple swipe. The screen is unlocked by swiping your finger across it. Protects only from accidental inclusion;
- Graphic key. The user draws a pattern along special guiding points and thus unlocks the device. Security is achieved by introducing a pause between input attempts after several unsuccessful ones;
- Pin. Multiple digits to be entered to unlock. In the same way as in the case of the graphic key, if several incorrect entries are made, a pause is set for a certain time. Higher security;
- Password. The safest, but at the same time the longest way to unlock the screen. It consists in entering a combination of numbers and letters of different register;
- Fingerprint. A relatively new method of protection, which is the safest today. It is impossible to pick up;
- Face recognition. An even more modern algorithm that involves scanning multiple points of the owner’s face and automatically unlocking the device when it appears in front of the sensors. Quite a dubious option, significantly inferior to the print;
- Iris scanner. Another protection algorithm working on the principle of scanning the retina unique for each person. Highest level of protection.
samsung pattern unlock 2019 Password lock Remove
Also, for security, third-party applications can be used that use various riddles, questions, etc. to enter Android. The capabilities of the operating system from Google in this area are endless. So we will not go deep into the details and will immediately move on to the description of disabling blocking on different versions of Android.
How to get around if you forgot your password
There are options when a person simply forgot the password and cannot unlock their own device. Below we will provide a method that can help you out of the situation, however, we will warn you that it does not always work and not on all phones.
In order to remove the lock, you need to reset your smartphone to factory settings. This should be done from the off state using a combination of buttons and the recovery menu. These combinations are also different in different smartphones. For example, on Samsung. this is the power button, the volume button up, the home button.
You need to hold down the keys on the switched off device. If you did everything correctly, the phone will reboot into Recovery mode, where you just need to select the reset option. However, it should be understood that this method does not work on all models. In newer devices, even after the reset, the key will need to be entered.
Attention! This option will lead to the loss of all data that is on your phone. Copy them to a safe place before proceeding.
Do not trust the materials on the Internet that show how to unblock with a call or a low battery. Even going to the smartphone menu, to disable protection, you will be asked to enter the same key.
In our review, there is no Android 8 operating system, since it has not yet managed to firmly gain a foothold among users. But we’ll talk about her ancestor right now. So, we are working with the “seven”.
- For the sake of variety, consider entering the system settings not through the application menu, but using the notification bar. We lower it down and tap on the icon with the image of a gear.
- Next, go to the section “Security”.
- Select the item called “Screen Lock”. We immediately see that the authorization method is currently set using a PIN code.
- Naturally, in order to change something here, we need to enter the same code.
- The functionality is unlocked, so we select the first item and thus completely disable the lock.
We have fully reviewed all versions of “bare” Android, for example, installed on ASUS. Each of the options was described from start to finish. This is done so that a person who comes to the site and clicks on an item of content will receive a fully functional instruction for his OS edition from Google.
Let’s figure out how to disable the screen lock in Android, which was very popular until recently. This is the “five”. We do the following:
- As in the previous cases, we turn to the applications menu. The icon is marked in the screenshot below.
- We are looking for the settings gear and click on it. We have few installed applications, but you may have to scroll through the list.
- The settings are located in 2 columns. We are looking for the item “Security” and tap on it.
- Moving on to the settings section indicated in the screenshot. We call it “Screen Lock”.
- Change of settings is password protected. In order to remove the protection, you must first enter it. We do this and click “CONTINUE”.
Done. All that remains for us to do is click “No”, and the security of the device will be reduced to zero.
The difference between the new version of Android is the confirmation that appeared here. It was not even in the 4th edition. Click “OK”.
In the meantime, the operating systems in question are getting more and more modern.
Now it’s time to talk about the once most popular operating system. This is the fourth Android. on DO is still installed on millions of smartphones and tablets. So, in order to disable the blocking here, we do the following:
- We go to the main menu by tapping on its icon on the home screen.
- Let’s go to the settings. In our case, it is “Settings”, your shortcut may have a different name. It all depends on the applied localization.
- Now we need a section related to security. We have this “Security”. We tap on it.
- Let’s go directly to the screen lock.
- Here is a different situation. In the case of Android 2.x, we had to log in by entering a PIN. Here it will be the pattern. It is he who is installed to protect the home screen.
- Now that we have verified the ownership of the phone, we can simply undo the lock. This is done by clicking on the appropriate item.
In the course of our story, we gradually reached the equator of the OS. This is the fifth Android. Let’s see how to work with it.
Summary and comments
As a result, we finished the story about how you can turn off the screen lock on Android. Detailed step-by-step instructions covered all versions of Android OS, we hope we helped you too. If you still have questions, write them in the comments: our site was created in order to help you.