When to reset to zero?
The essence of most of the problems boils down to the fact that the manufacturer installs more than just a page counter on its printing devices. In this case, we are talking about a kind of lock for a printer and MFP.
It is no secret that when the cartridge is fully loaded, the equipment is designed to print a certain number of sheets. Average figures for printers and multifunctional devices are 1,000 and 2,500 A4 pages, respectively.
One of the key elements of Brother cartridges is a special chip. It is this electronic device that is responsible for both activating and blocking the work of office equipment.
As soon as the page counter reaches the mark provided by the manufacturer, the printer or MFP asks to replace the cartridge and refuses to function.
On the one hand, if the device writes that the toner has run out, then the reservoir needs to be replaced. That is, the manufacturer provides for the purchase of a new consumable every time. The situation is similar with inkjet models that require a certain level of ink. As a result, operating costs increase significantly, as cartridges are often very expensive. Based on this, many users prefer to independently restore the functionality of printing devices.
However, the said chip can become source of problems during the further operation of the refilled cartridge. The latter is either not defined at all, or is perceived by technology as empty. In such situations, in order to start the printer or multifunction device, you will need to reset the settings and update (reset) the counter of the printed pages. In this case, we are talking about the so-called clearing, which boils down to adjusting the settings, allowing the continued operation of the equipment.
First of all, it should be noted that many representatives of the lineup of the eminent brand, representing the Land of the Rising Sun on the world office equipment market, have a similar design. However, many of them are equipped with TN-1075 series cartridges.
In this case, the point is that in the overwhelming majority of options, the aLGorithm of actions when resetting the counters will be the same.
Today, there are 2 ways to bypass the blocking of peripheral devices.
The first option is focused on multifunctional and printers equipped with their own displays. In the second case, we are talking about a universal clearing method that allows you to reset the counter to zero and restart office equipment for further full-fledged operation.
How to reset Brother printers?
The vast majority of printers and multifunctional devices of the Japanese brand with more than a century of history are equipped with automatic accounting systems. This applies to both the number of pages printed and the amount of ink in the cartridges. However, many users are interested in how to reset a Brother printer or MFP. Most often, this interest is due to the emerging problems that one has to face after refueling the cartridges. Quite often, peripheral devices “do not see” the updated containers or perceive them as empty, although there is paint in them.
The creators of modern printing equipment are constantly expanding the list of additional functions of their devices. It also includes an option to reset the counter on Brother printers and MFPs.
It is important to consider that we are talking about models with an integrated display. Owners of similar models need to do the following to reset the page and ink counter.
Connect to the network and start the peripheral device. It is important to remember that while the message “Please wait” is displayed on the screen, no action is taken.
Open (remove) the side cover, then use the “Clear” button.
By clicking “Start”, start the corresponding process after a prompt appears related to replacing the cartridge. Wait until the display stops showing “Wait” and press the “Up” and “Down” arrows several times. After “00” appears on the screen, you will need to confirm your actions using the “Ok” button.
After the corresponding inscription appears, replace the side panel. Reload the printing device. After the reboot has been made, go to the device menu, through the items of which you can navigate using the arrows mentioned above. At this stage, you need to check the status of the counter. If all the listed manipulations were completed successfully, then this indicator will be equal to 100%.
In practice, the software method of resetting the counter and resetting the settings is as simple as possible and does not require significant time expenditures.
An alternative would be a universal aLGorithm of actions that is relevant for all peripheral devices, including those that do not have a display.
Manually activate cartridge and reset sensor for page counts and machine lock, suitable for all Brother models.
This fairly simple aLGorithm involves the following steps.
Connect the equipment to the mains. It is important not to connect the printer or MFP to a PC or laptop. You also need to remove all the paper.
Open the top cover and side panel. Pull the drum out of the housing. You can get it by gently pulling it towards you. Separate cartridge and drum by removing fasteners.
Place the drum piece back in its place. Click on the sensor, which is located on the left side. The product can be accessed by inserting your hand through the paper feed tray.
While holding the sensor in the clamped position, close the printer cover (MFP), wait for the mechanisms to start. Release the sensor for a few seconds and press it again until the printing device stops working, that is, until the engine stops completely. Insert the previously removed cartridge into the drum unit.
Sometimes, after all the described manipulations, the technician still does not detect the consumable or considers it empty. In such situations, it is recommended that you remove the cartridge again and check it. After that, it will have to be refueled or changed to a worker in case of failure. All the necessary actions, as a rule, can be performed independently.
It is important to remember that some models of Brother equipment have design features that can complicate the process of replacing and further operation of refilled cartridges.
It is essential that all operations are performed correctly. If you have the slightest doubt about your own strengths and knowledge, it is strongly recommended to seek help from the specialists of the service center.
How to reset different models?
As already noted, one of the most common ink cartridges found in Brother machines is the TN-1075. We are talking, in particular, about such samples of office equipment as DCP 1410r and 1512r, as well as HL 1110r and 1112r, MFC 1810r and 1815r.
In this case, the printing unit includes the cartridge itself and the DR-1075 series drum unit.
There are 2 types of consumables and several ways to reset counters.
After installing the remanufactured starter cartridge on the indicated models of equipment, you will need to perform the following steps.
- Empty the paper tray completely. Remove the print module from the device housing.
- Detach the cartridge from the drum unit by pressing the blue button on the right.
- Place the drum unit in place. On its left side you can see a hole through which you can access the button to reset the counter of printed pages. It is important to take into account that the process of resetting and unlocking the cartridge will be carried out with the cover closed, and you can only get to it through the paper tray. Therefore, it is required to remember exactly its location.
- Press the zero button and close the printer cover. There is no need to worry about the risk of injury to your finger, as there are no moving parts in this part of the device.
- Hold the checkbox until the device starts.
- Release the button for a short time and again, pressing it, hold it until the engine is turned off.
- Wait for the light indication in the form of a blinking green LED signaling the successful completion of the counter reset. If this does not happen, you should repeat the whole process again.
- Place the cartridge in the drum unit.
The hardware setup aLGorithm when using a commercial TN-1075 cartridge includes the following steps.
- Separate the cartridge from the drum unit (drum unit).
- Open the side panel from the side of the gear block of the printing device.
- Remove the cover without using excessive force. It is important to remember that in case of an error, the gears can get enough sleep.
- Remove the left outer row gear. Find a crescent-shaped gear under it and turn it all the way.
- Place the removed structural element in its seat.
- Close the gear block with the cover. It is important to carry out all manipulations with the utmost care and make sure that the crescent-shaped gear does not move.
- Screw on the installed cover, after which you will need to return the cartridge to the drum unit.
- Place the assembled print module in the printer or multifunction device.
In situations where a factory reset is required in the Brother HL 2130r and 2132r family of laser office equipment, DCP 7055r and 7057r, we are also talking about the software and hardware method. The first option for zeroing can be seen on the example of the Hl-2130R printer.
The software method of resetting the page counter and unlocking is more relevant for Brother MFPs. So, in the case of the DCP 7055r model, the following steps are provided:
- go to the device menu using the appropriate button;
- go to the item “General settings” and confirm your actions by clicking “Ok”;
- select the “Replace toner” command;
- use the arrows to go to the item “Continue”;
- click “Clear”.
It is important to remember that such an aLGorithm can only be applied once. In case of failure, only hardware zeroing will be output.
The user will need to take the following steps.
- Start equipment. After turning on the device, you can hear the characteristic noise.
- As soon as the noise stops, open the cover on the front panel. Turn off the printer.
- Press the “GO” key and hold it until the equipment starts working again. It is important to make sure that there is no indication “Ready”.
- Release the held button.
- Press “GO” twice and then 5 more times in a row.
- Close the front cover.
After all the above manipulations, the “Ready” indicator should glow uniformly. At the final stage, it remains to reboot. As a result, the laser printer will be reset and ready for full operation.
If you want to reset the DCP 7057r, you will need to:
- activate the MFP and wait for the mechanism to stop making noise;
- open the front cover of the device;
- depending on the modification, press the “Cancel”, “Stop” or “Back” button;
- use the “Start” key;
- press the arrow “Up”, and then several times “Down” until the screen displays two zeros;
- press “Ok” and return the cover to its place.
An alternative procedure (using the system menu of the multifunction device) includes the following manipulations.
- Disable the MFP. Press and hold the “Menu” button.
- Turn on the device while continuing to hold the indicated key. Release the “Menu” after the display flashes.
- Wait for the “Maintenance” message to appear.
- Find menu item 81 using the arrows and select it by clicking on “Ok”.
- The appeared inscription “Reset Drum Count” by pressing the “Start” button to change to “Reset Life Count”.
- Press “Start” again.
- Use the arrows to select point 96 and confirm your actions.
At the final stage of zeroing, you only need to restart the unit.
It is also worth remembering that the counter of Brother MFPs can also be reset by hardware (manual) method. You can easily find detailed instructions on the vastness of the World Wide Web.
How to reset your Brother HL-2130 printer, see the video below.
How to reset a cartridge
- turn on the MFP;
- keep watching the “Please wait” notification until it disappears, then open the lid;
- click on the “Clear” button;
- the message “Replace. drum? “, press the green button” Start “;
- the “Please wait” notification appears again. After it disappears, click on the down and / or up key until 00 appears. Finish the process by tapping on “Ok”;
- close the lid when prompted on the display;
- make sure the number of available prints has been reduced. Click on “Menu” and, tapping on the up / down keys, find the counter designation: it should be marked as 100%.
In some cases, the operation will have to be repeated 2-3 times.
On Brother devices, you can reset the toner and drum counter through the settings menu.
How to reset the counter on a Brother printer (reset the toner counter)
You will need to reset the counter on your Brother printer if the machine displays a “Toner Low”, “Replace Toner” message, or the red light starts flashing when a cartridge is loaded. In this case, you need to reset the ink counter, which limits printing.
Reset on models without display
In printers without a screen, its role is played by 2 indicators:
- the first one informs about the readiness of the device for operation, and it lights up green;
- the second reports errors. To understand the essence of the problem, you need to track the number of flashes.
When the error indicator blinks 3 times in succession, it indicates the need to replace or reset the drum. To do this:
- open the top cover;
- Press the power button 4 times;
- close the lid;
- the ready light will remain green while the second LED should stop flashing.
How is the reset
Zero the Brother printer on models HL 1110R, HL 1112R, HL 2132R, DCP 1602R, DCP L2520DWR and MFC L2700DWR using the hardware keys or manually. Both options discussed below are universal, as all of the above models use a TN 1075 cartridge.
Resetting the drum unit
This process on Brothher devices is as follows:
- after the message “Replace the drum unit” appears on the display, go to the “Menu”;
- Scroll through the list using the up / down keys, they are /., until the item “Reset. photob. “;
- press and hold the “OK” button for 3–6 seconds until the reset confirmation form appears. Confirm it by tapping on the “” button;
- the counter will be reset. Leave the menu by tapping on “Stop / Exit”.
After completing all actions, it is recommended to restart the MFP.
What is the counter reset for?
Trimming is the procedure for changing equipment settings. The protection itself operates according to the following principle:
- the manufacturer installs a special meter in the system;
- the chip counts the number of sheets used during printing, and, after the cartridge has exhausted its resource, signals this to the user, blocking the device.
Each cartridge has its own resource. There are toner containers designed for 2500 sheets, and there are. for 1000 sheets. According to the number of sheets, the chip is also programmed. After exceeding the print limit, the message “Replace consumables”, “Toner empty” appears, or the indicator simply blinks. However, although you can add new toner, the chip will still assume the cartridge is empty and prevent the machine from working. To get rid of this problem, a method was devised to reset the counter.
Software way to reset the DCP 7055r MFP
To reset the counter programmatically in the dcp 7055r MFP, follow the steps below:
- press the “Menu” button;
- then you should select “General settings”, then click on “OK”;
- at the next step, select “Replace toner” and “Ok” again;
- using the arrows on the control panel, select “Continue” and click “OK”;
- to exit this menu, click “Clear”;
- counter has been reset.
In this way, you can only reset the counter once. For the next zeroing, you will need to apply the hardware method.
So, if in the printer brother appeared the inscription: “Change toner”, then proceed as follows.
- Empty the paper tray and remove the module from the machine.
- Separate the cartridge from the drum unit by pressing the blue button on the right.
- Put the drum unit back into your brother printer. On the left side of it you can see a hole from which you can see the reset button.
- There is only one way to click on this checkbox. You can reach it only through the tray in which the paper is loaded. You have to remember where the checkbox is, as the reset will happen when the lid is closed.
- Knowing where the button is, press it and close the cover of the unit. Don’t be afraid that something will happen to your finger. there are no moving parts in this place. So, after closing the lid, the engine will turn on. As soon as you hear it work, immediately release the button and after 1 second press it again. Wait in this position until the engine stops.
- You can tell that the operation was successful by the blinking green LED. If this does not happen, then repeat all over again.
- Insert the cartridge into the drum unit. This completes the resetting of the counter in the brother printer.
Zeroing DCP 7057r by software
Zeroing the MFC DCP 7057r is slightly different from DCP 7055r:
- turn on the MFP and wait for the mechanics to calm down;
- after that, open the cover located on the front of the device;
- click on the “Cancel” button (“Back” or “Stop”);
- press the “Start” button;
- press the up arrow key followed by the down arrow key several times until you see 2 zeros (00) on the display;
- click “ok” and the front cover can be closed.
In the case when these 2 methods did not help, then you can reset through the system menu of the MFP.
- First check that your MFP is turned off.
- Press and hold the Menu key.
- Turn on the device while holding down the.
- After you see a blinking inscription on the screen of the device, release the “Menu” key.
- Wait a while until the word “MAINTENANCE” is displayed on the screen.
- Using the arrow keys, you need to find point 81, then confirm the selection by clicking on “Ok”.
- The screen will display “RESET DRUM COUNT”. After pressing the “Start” button, the message will change to “RESET LIFE COUNT”. Press “Start” again.
- Using the arrow keys, you need to select already item 96 and confirm with the “Ok” key.
- Reboot the unit. To do this, you need to turn it off and turn it off again. This completes the resetting of the counter.
Purchased Toner Cartridge TN-1075
Besides the fact that the counter can be reset with a button, there is another easy way to reset the brother printer.
- Detach the cartridge from the drum unit and unscrew the side cover from the side where the gears are visible.
- Remove the cover carefully to prevent the gears from spilling out. You only need to remove one gear, as shown in the following figure.
- Next, you will see a crescent-shaped gear that needs to be turned all the way, as shown in the photo below.
- The gear previously removed can now be reinserted.
- Close the cover carefully so that the crescent-shaped gear does not move.
- Screw the cap back on and insert the cartridge into the drum unit.
After all these steps, place the module in the printer.
Resetting the TN-1075 cartridge
TN-1075 cartridge is quite common in Brother laser printers. It is installed, for example, in such models of devices as: DCP 1510r, dcp 1512r, MFC-1810R (1815R), HL-1110R (1112R).
The module for printing consists of 2 parts: a TN-1075 cartridge and a DR-1075 drum unit.
To reset the counter on a TN-1075 cartridge, there are 2 methods that apply depending on whether you have a starting model that does not have a crescent-shaped gear, or you have already purchased a replacement one.
Resetting the counter on various Brother printer models
It is no secret that all Brother printers, especially laser printers, have installed protection in the form of a chip, which in some models is located on the cartridge. Thus, manufacturers of printing equipment are trying to fight companies that provide users with refilling of the toner cartridge. Indeed, due to the availability of such a service, the sale of original (new) cartridges is significantly reduced. But if you look at the situation from the point of view of the user, then paying a lot of money for a new cartridge, which costs almost half the price of a new printer, does not make sense. Therefore, owners of Brother lasers often resort to such a procedure as clearing or zeroing the counter, which you can do yourself.
You can consider the errors that arise using the example of a Brother printer. It often happens that the cartridge is refilled, but the device refuses to work. The toner indicator flashes. What can be done in this case? The procedure depends on the printer model and its design.
A Brother printer ink error reset looks something like this:
1.Turn on the device.
2. Raise the cover. Let him stay in this position.
3.Turn off the device.
4. Press the “Start” button and turn on the printer again. It is worth paying attention to the indicators. they should be lit.
5. Release the key and press again (twice). Let go for a few seconds.
6. Press the “Start” button 5 times in a row.
7.Close the lid, turn off and turn on the device.
After these manipulations, the toner indicator should not light up.
How to fix the situation if an error is issued by a Brother MFP, for example, model DCP-7057?
1.Lift the cover.
2.Turn the arrow back.
3. Press the “Start” button once.
4. Press the arrow until the display shows 2 zeros.
5.Confirm actions by clicking “Ok”.
6.Lower the lid.
If your Brother printer displays a toner error on the HL-1112R and HL-1110 models, proceed differently:
1.Pull out the toner cartridge and leave the drum cartridge.
2. Tighten the reset sensor. It is usually located on the left behind the input tray. You can reach it by completely removing the paper.
3.Lower the cover.
4.Tighten the sensor until the device starts working.
5. Leave the sensor for a couple of seconds and tighten it again. Keep your hand on it until you stop working.
6.Put the cartridge back.
After all these steps, the toner error in the Brother printer will be fixed.
Sometimes there is a drum error in the Brother printer. The device writes some characters on the display or turns on the corresponding indicator. How to fix the situation?
As in the previous case, it all depends on the device model. For example, for FAX2825, HL-1112R and HL-1110, MFC 7420 and other devices of these model series, the aLGorithm of actions is approximately as follows:
1.Turn off the device.
2. Press the “Menu” button.
3.Turn on your Brother printer. 4 indicators should turn on.
4. Enter a combination of numbers 81.
5. Press the “Start” button.
6.After the display shows a new message, press “Start” again.
7.Exit the menu using the combination 96 (sometimes 98 or 99).
For the MFC8420 device, you can reset the drum error as follows:
1.Open the front panel.
2. Press the “Clear” button.
3. Press number 1.
If your Brother printer reports a drum error in the DCP 7010R, you should do something like this:
1.Turn off the device.
2. Press the “Menu”.
3.Turn on the printer. This will open the menu.
4.Using the arrows, open point 81.
5. Press 2 buttons in turn: “Set”. “Start”. “Start”. This should be accompanied by a beep.
6.Find item 96 in the menu.
7. Press “Set”.
Basic Brother Printer Errors and How to Reset Them
Like any other complex mechanism, a printer or multifunctional device (MFP) sometimes fails. Anything can break. a drum, cartridge or other part. Usually the device writes about the error on the display or using indicators. What do these signs mean? Is it possible to reset errors and return the printer to work?
Besides toner and drum error, there are other glitches in the operation of similar devices. They are different for inkjet and laser printers.
1.CARD ERROR. These are problems with the storage device. If turning off / on does not help, the card should be changed.
2.CARTRIDGE ERROR. You want to remove and reinstall the cartridge.
3.DOWNLOAD FULL, MEMORY FULL or FONT FULL indicate the need to clear the memory of the device itself.
4.NO PAPER XXX can be fixed by putting paper in the tray.
Errors with codes 26 to 29 can be reset by refilling or completely replacing the cartridge.
40-44. the temperature inside the device has reached too high a mark.
80. paper is too small or too large.
49. the temperature inside the printer has dropped to a critical level.
50-52 and 57. paper jam.
Some breakdowns can be repaired by yourself. Others require contacting a service center.
How do I reset my Brother printer errors? The answer depends on the model of the device and the breakdown itself. If in doubt about the correctness of actions, it is better to consult a specialist.
There are two ways to reset the toner cartridge. It all depends on the type of cartridge used.
- The most common option is with a checkbox. Perhaps you have done something similar before. For details on how to reset the Brother printer in such a way, follow the link in the section “How to manually reset the counter”.
- This option is not suitable for “starter consumables”. Its essence lies in turning the gears into the required position. Note that this does not always work out. How to do this, read here.
The Brother hl 1110r printer has a toner cartridge labeled “TN 1075”. To refill it, you need a cross and straight screwdriver and a suitable toner. Nothing else from the tools. The refueling process itself comes down to three steps.
- Replenishment of the remainder of the powder.
In more detail, all actions are described in the video below.
Brother hl 1110r printer: red light is blinking and does not print
Main Menu »Computers» Peripherals »Brother hl 1110r printer: red light is blinking and does not print
The “behavior” of the indicator can be anything, and therefore signals about various problems and malfunctions. To get to a solution, you first need to identify the cause. Take a close look at exactly how the light on your printer is flashing. The options could be like this.
- “Done” is on solid and “Error” blinks evenly. The printer reports that the toner cartridge is low on toner. If you click on the “On” seven times in a row, the device will continue to operate. But this will not be long. It will be blocked soon. Therefore, take care of refueling in advance.
- Only “Error” blinks evenly. In such a situation, make sure the cartridge is inserted at all. Also try the “recipe” from the first point. click “On.” seven times. But if earlier you or someone else did this on this “consumable”, then the manipulation will not help. Accurately resume printing device refill and reset toner.
- Fast blinking indicates that the drum unit or the toner cartridge is not installed correctly. Pull them out from the inside. Disassemble and reassemble. Return to printer.
- Flashes several times and goes out briefly. If this happens, you should reset the drum counter. Do not confuse with toner cartridge.
- Only red flashes continuously. See the frequency in the figure below. There may be three reasons: the drum cartridge is empty or missing at all, the corona wire is dirty. Corona wire cleaning instructions are below.
- Flashes twice and turns off for a second. We check the paper in the printer. It is missing, does not feed, it is stuck inside the machine. Straighten the sheets in the tray.
- Blinks quickly 4 times in a row with a break of 1 second. The product cover is open or there is not enough memory to load the print file. In the first case, it is clear what needs to be done. In the second. cancel with a print job, split the required file into several and print in turn.
- Simultaneous blinking of the red and green light is a serious error that requires the intervention of specialists from the technical service center.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
The Brother DCP-1510r prints quickly. The laser is convenient for work at home and in offices. The cartridges are of a robust design. Such a printer can be refilled relatively inexpensively.
The printing device signals toner replacement. First try to find the general settings in the menu, replace the cartridge and continue.
If you cannot reset the Brother 1510r printer, follow these steps in sequence:
- We take out the cartridge and paper from the MFP.
- Removing the toner using the special release lever.
- We insert the base of the case into the MFP.
- Press the button to reset the counter. To do this, stick your hand through the paper tray.
- We close the lid through which the device is inserted.
- We are waiting for the printer mechanism to work, press the reset button and immediately release it.
- Press again and do not release it until the printer mechanism stops working.
We are waiting for the printer mechanism to work, press the reset button and immediately release it.
Press again and do not release it until the printer mechanism stops working.
If the Brother 1510r printer shows an error again, you need to repeat everything. If it does not work the second time, try repeating the same steps several times.
If everything worked out, the printer does not give an error, remove the base of the cartridge from it, insert the toner. You can insert a cartridge and print. Brother MFP 1510r can be used.
As you can see, zeroing the Brother 1510r was not that difficult.
The Brother DCP-1512r MFP includes a copier, color scanner and printer. It is compact and has a convenient control panel. You can quickly set up the operation of this printer. Compact device can be placed anywhere.
Brother printers have a counter that records the number of pages printed. This function is needed in order to signal the owner of the machine about replacing the toner. If the counter gives us a signal that we cannot print and asks to replace the toner, it must be reset to zero.
The inventory device of the Brother multifunction machine is reset in general according to the same principle, but there may be some nuances.
The DCP-1512r, HL-1110r, HL-1112r printers have a TN-1075 cartridge. The sequence for resetting the toner and drum counters is the same.
You can manually reset the counter for the Brother DCP 1512r printer. Each owner of such equipment will be able to do it independently and without much effort. No disconnections or additional devices required.
How do I reset the Brother DCP-1512r and HL-1110r counters? Step-by-step actions:
- Turn on the laser.
- We remove the toner cartridge. The drum unit remains in the machine.
- Divide the cartridge into two blocks (with toner and drum).
- We insert the second block into the printer.
- Remove paper from the input tray.
- Through the paper tray, press with your finger on the reset sensor on the left. We hold it by closing the lid.
- While the engine is running, release the sensor, after a couple of seconds, press it again. Hold until the printer completely dies down.
DCP-1512r, HL-1110r, HL-1112r counters are zeroed. You need to open the cover, take out the drum unit and assemble the cartridge. Then, insert it into the printer. You can print. If there is no result, you need to repeat everything.
How to reset the counter Brother printer
Brother produces printing and copying office equipment. Printers of its production are quite easy to use.
Brother DCP-7057r MFP is an inexpensive, easy-to-maintain laser machine. Most often used for small offices. Black and white printing. Sometimes this device also requires a reset of the counter.
Learn how to reset your Brother DCP 7057r printer. There are three known methods: software, hardware and setting the reset flag in the cartridge.
The programmatic method requires only pressing buttons. Step-by-step instructions for zeroing the DCP-7057r:
- We turn on the printer and wait for it to subside.
- Opening the lid.
- Hold the “Stop” button once.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Hold the “Up” button once, and then the “Down” button. We do this until we see “00”.
- Press the “OK” button, close the lid of the device.
If this method is unsuccessful, then we act differently. Take a close look at the video on how to do it.
The hardware method involves some manipulation of the mechanics. We turn off and wait for the end of the printer motor. We open the lid. You need to disconnect the lever on the left. We place it in the body. We take out the toner and cartridge using a special pen.
The next step is to split the cartridge into two parts: the toner cartridge and the drum unit. This operation is performed by pressing the attachment on the side. We insert the second part into the printer.
Using a screwdriver, clamp the opening sensor. This will simulate a closed lid.
You need to hold down the flag when the gears spin. Press and release several times. Press the checkbox twice for 2 seconds. If it doesn’t work the first time, we repeat.
Important! When we press the checkbox a second time, do not release the button until the device stops beeping. We release the panel closing sensor, which was held with a screwdriver. We extend the lever and connect it to the front cover, as in the photo. We put the cartridge in place. DCP-7057r Printer Ready.
To reset the counter hl-2132r, blocking printing, you need to turn on the printer. Leave the cover open and turn off the printing device. While holding the Go button, turn on the laser again. In this case, the indicators should be highlighted (except for ready). Let go of the button, then double-click on it. After a short break, press this button five more times. The toner indicator should not be illuminated. We close the lid and reboot. This is one of the easy ways to reset the hl-2132r counter. There are more complex zeroing options. For example, using screwdrivers and levers.
Brother manufactures laser printers that can be used in homes and small offices. To work with them, you need to learn to understand their device.
We found out that in order to reset the counter of your Brother printer, you need to select the model and follow the instructions.
Detailed instructions for zeroing
To begin with, it should be said that resetting the brother hl 1110 counter is needed when office equipment, having printed a certain number of pages and thus, having reached a certain limit, stops its work. Refilling the starter consumable with brother toner alone will not be enough in this case. unlike purchased cartridges, they do not have so-called. reset checkbox. In this case, follow these steps:
- First of all, you should pull out the paper and carefully open the cover of the device.
- Now carefully remove the drum cartridge from the inside of the device along with the toner cartridge.
- In the next step, remove the toner cartridge from the drum cartridge (use the button located on the consumable itself). then insert the first item into the printer. Those. you must return only the base of the housing to the printer.
To use this button, first try to stick your hand out using the hole in the paper tray. As soon as you manage to do this, hold down this button with your finger.
If all the actions were performed correctly, the printing device will not “click” and no error will be displayed on its display. In this case, you can safely pull the base of the cartridge out of the device, insert the toner, and then send the newly collected consumables back to the printer. You can now use your brother until next refill.
It should be added that beginners in this business may need not one or two attempts, but three or four or even more to achieve success. So be sure to be patient.
Watch the video about zeroing Brother 1110
Resetting the toner and drum counter on the Brother hl 1110r printer
If you are faced with the need to solve a problem related to how to reset the printer counter for the browser hl 1110r, then you should not immediately call the master or go to the nearest service center. In fact, any beginner can cope with this matter. The main thing is to strictly adhere to the instructions and not to do sloppy actions that can lead to complication of the current task.
Incl. the device take out the toner cartridge press the button close the lid when the motor is turned on release the button wait
Resetting the drum counter
If the error indication (!) Is flashing on your brother hl 1110r printer, then most likely the cause is in the drum counter. To reset to zero, do the following manipulations:
- Turn on the device.
- Open the top cover and remove the cartridges.
- Now put them back in the machine, and do not close the lid.
- Press the power button four times.
- Close the lid.
To print a test page on the Brother HL-1110, wait until the machine is ready and press the power button 3 times
Reset Toner Counter
If your machine writes “Low toner” or “Replace toner“, one refueling of the cartridge will not be enough here. Brother printers have a counter that counts the number of printed sheets. This function is necessary in order to signal the owner of the machine about replacing the toner. If the counter gives us the above messages that it is not possible to print and asks for a replacement toner, you need to reset it. This is done in the following simple way:
- Turn on the printer
- Opening the top cover, take out the cartridge
- Next, you need to divide it into two parts (by clicking the blue checkbox on the right). It should look like this:
- Insert only the drum cartridge into the printer (green)
- Having removed all the paper from the tray, we stick our hand from below and look for the reset flag (red arrow in the picture) with our finger. Next, we clamp it:
- Without releasing the checkbox, close the top cover of the printer
- As soon as the printer engine starts spinning (you will notice when it starts to hum), release your finger from the flag for 2 seconds and hold it down again. Keep the box clamped until the motor stops spinning
- When the printer stops, lift the lid, insert the toner cartridge into the green drum cartridge housing, and close the lid.
This completes the toner counter reset. The screen should read “Copies in a stack»(In MFP DCP-1510r, DCP-1512r, DCP-1602r, DCP-1610wr, DCP-1612wr, MFC-1810r, MFC-1815r, MFC-1912wr) and one green light should be on (in printers HL-1110r, HL.1112r, HL-1202r, HL-1210wr, HL-1212wr).
If suddenly you cannot reset the printer the first time, it’s okay, from the second or third time everything will definitely work.
Perhaps you will find a more descriptive video instruction for the aforementioned reset:
Resetting the drum counter in printers
The message “Replace drum” in Brother HL-1110r, HL-1112r, HL-1210WR, HL-1212WR printers appears when the drum has reached the end of its life. On the printer, it looks like this: the ready light is on and the error (!) Blinks three times:
It is quite easy to reset this error in this way:
Press the button “On” 4 times
The ready indicator (green) should be on, and the error indicator (! Orange) should disappear. If so. then the error has been cleared and we can safely print.